2012 NEA in New York City, USA

2012 NEA in New York City, USA

The nominees for the 2013 edition of the annual entertainment awards Nigeria Entertainment Awards, were announced recently at the Euphoria Night Club, Lagos.

Hosted by on-air-personality Freeze of Cool FM and Pearl Hart of Soundcity TV, the nominees announcement kicked off at 10 PM with celebrity guests in attendance including Ice Prince, Juliet Ibrahim K9, Ramsey Nouah, DJ Spinall, Uti Nwachukwu, Funny Bone, KCee and Kay Switch.

Rising acts Emma Nyra, Eddie Kim, Jhybo, Ketchup and MSmooth entertained guests with their singles.

The President of the NEA Tope Esan announced the nominees from all thirty-four categories and some of the nominees this year include Iyanya’s “Kukere” and K9’s “Kokoma” for Hottest Single of the Year, Rita Dominic, Genevieve Nnaji and Uche Jombo for Best Lead Actress, Jesse Jagz, Ice Prince and Vector for Best Rap Act and for Best Comedian Basketmouth, Bovi and Senator were also nominated.

2013 NEA Announcement in Lagos

Masterkraft
Chopstix
Sarz
Shizzi
Fliptyce

Music Video of the Year
Tonight – Burna Boy (Directed by MEX)
Sisi Eko – Darey Art Alade Feat. Flavour (Directed by Mark Hofmeyr)
Skibo – Solid Star (Directed by Clarence Peters)
Ghetto – Shank (Directed ny Patrick Ellis)
Voice of the Streets – Olamide (Directed by Mattmax)
Oliver Twist – D’banj (Directed by Sesan)

Most Promising Male Act to Watch

Emi Ni – Chidinma Feat. Suspect & Illbliss
Ghost Mode – Phyno Feat. Olamide
Baddest Boy – E.M.E
Without My Heart – Tiwa Savage Feat. Don Jazzy

Best Lead Actor
OC Ukeje (Alan Poza)
Femi Jacobs (The Meeting)
Bimbo Manuel (Heroes and Zeroes)
Ali Nuhu (Confusion Na Wa)
Hakeem Kae-Kazim (Last Flight to Abuja)
Mike Ezuruonye (Friendly Scorpion)

Best Lead Actress
Joke Muyiwa (Ayitale)
Rita Dominic (The Meeting)
Uche Jombo (Mrs Somebody)
Genevieve Nnaji (Dr Bello)
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde (Last Flight to Abuja)
Mercy Johnson (Fazebook Babes)

Best Supporting Actor
Ali Nuhu (Blood & Henna)
Jide Kosoko (The Meeting)
Gabriel Afolayan (Heroes & Zeroes)
Jim Iyke (Last Flight to Abuja)
OC Ukeje (Confusion Na Wa)
Alfred Atungu (Twins Sword)

Best Supporting Actress
Ebbe Bassey (Dr Bello)
Belinda Effah (Kokomma)
Tunde Aladese (Confusion Na Wa)
Nse Ikpe-Etim (Kiss & Tell)
Oge Okoye (Fazebook Babes)
Tonto Dikeh (My Life My Damage)

Best Film Director
Charles Novia (Alan Poza)
John Uche (Bianca)
Niji Akanni (Heroes and Zeroes)
Tunde Kelani (Maami)
Kenneth Gyang (Confusion Na Wa)
Ifeanyi Ogbonna (Fazebook Babes)

Best Picture (Film Producer)
Confusion Na Wa
Last Flight to Abuja (Obi Emelonye)
The Meeting (Rita Dominic)
Heroes and Zeroes
The Thin Sword
Alan Poza

Best TV Show
Jara
Moments with Mo
Project Fame
Sunrise Daily (Channels TV)
Nigerian Idol
Big Brother Africa

Pan African Actor
Chris Attoh (Single & Married)
Frank Arthus (Heart of a Wine)
Majid Michel (The Groom’s Bride)
Thomas Gumede (Otelo Burning)
David Mapane (Taxi Cop)
John Dumelo (Letters to my Mother)

Pan African Actress
Yvonne Okoro (The Contract)
Nadia Buari (Single & Married)
Yvonne Nelson (Single & Married)
Mbufung Seikeh (Ninah’s Dowry)
Matshepo Maleme (A Million Colours)
Nolwazi Shange (Otelo Burning)

World DJ

Ndani TV
Factory 78

Best Entertainment Executive
Gaga (YSG Ent)
Ibaka TV
Tony Nwakolor (1805)
Ubi Franklin (Made Men Music)
Jason Njoku (Iroko TV)

Megalyn Echikunwoke
Ashley Madekwe
Caroline Chikezie
Hope Olaide Wilson
Adepero Oduye
Judi Shekoni

Voting begins online on June 28th. Fans are encouraged to support their favorite actors and actresses, comedians and musicians by voting and encouraging others to vote as well. The 2013 NEA Awards is scheduled to take place on Sunday 1st September in New York City.

Contact: For more info and general inquiries, follow @NEAAwards on Twitter | call NEA US (856) 506 5700 | NEA Nigeria (234) 805 807 7518 | e-mail info@nigeriaentawards.com | press@nigeriaentawards.com

38 Comments on Iyanya, Genevieve Nnaji, Banky W, Yvonne Okoro, Ice Prince, DJ Xclusive, BellaNaija & Big Brother Africa Nominated for the 2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards | View the Complete List
  • Glow June 4, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Do I see ‘preggies’ @ Uche & Jennifa? Congrates!!!

• salsera June 4, 2013 at 5:33 pm

the picture is from last year

• Chic June 4, 2013 at 5:37 pm

lol that photo is from last year they would have delivered their babies by now hahaha

• PEACE June 4, 2013 at 4:19 pm

queen of africa “genny” all the way

• pynk June 4, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Uche is pregnant.

• Charlie June 4, 2013 at 4:57 pm

GOBE SONG OF THE YEAR , AND ITS NOT EVEN HERE MSHEWWW

• Kinkster June 4, 2013 at 5:19 pm

LOL! No be only song of the year..song of the century nko?Mshewwww

• olusola June 4, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Is Ndani tv a blog? #wonderingoutloud…

• Pace June 4, 2013 at 5:20 pm

This is so stupid. Genevieve for the 2 minutes she was in that Dr. Bello movie?

• juliet June 4, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Congrats Delphino!!! Well deserved.

• salsera June 4, 2013 at 5:32 pm

it is a bit daft putting albums and singles released in separate years for the same ‘best of 2013′ award.

• Kamal June 4, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Rozay by Kechup should be a nominee in the Hottest Single Category!

• Glory June 4, 2013 at 5:44 pm

HUH??? Is Uche preggy? Cngrats o…if so

• Olutiti June 4, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Brymo is still relevant……

• Mo’blezzing June 4, 2013 at 6:01 pm

How come Mercy Johnson for Dumebi the dirty girl is not there :-( ?lol. abeg I’m all for Mrs Somebody! Uche Jumbo was hilarious!!( although I heard Rita was really good in The meeting, but as I never watch am :-p)
    p.s. I’m surprised Phone Swap wasn’t nominated for any categories sha.

• Hope June 4, 2013 at 6:35 pm

You know you cant take the award seriously when Genny is nominated for “best lead actress” for a movie she played close to a waka pass, and OmoT nominated for a movie she probably played with her eyes closed.

• Naveah June 4, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Did you watch the movie or you just dey tok because you like Omotola over Genny. Let me correct your assumption and before I do let me say that both actresses are favorites of mine, Omotola was never considered for the role and she made her displeasure known to Tony Abulu, the director. He felt Genevieve would be better for it and it wasn’t anything personal towards Omotola. Secondly, learn the difference between a Extra, a Featured Extra, a Supporting role and a Lead Role before you go around slamming people. Genevieve was not an extra (waka pass) or a featured extra in this film. She was the key character in the second half of the film which was shot in Nigeria and she helped the male lead Isaiah Washington (Dr. Durant) through journey as Ebbe Bassey was the key character in the first half who led Dr. Durant to Dr. Bello in New York.

You may not like Genevieve or think she deserves her nomination that all fine and dandy but get your facts straight about things that are easily researched and uncovered, okay Hope? It isn’t right to knock another woman who is just trying to live her life and do her job. Those two women don’t have half the problems with each other that you all out here create for them facelessly behind your computers.

Free them o abeg.

And to answer the one question you all are having, Yes I have inside information because my aunt produced the film and I was her assistant for a brief time since I was on vacation.

• Bukky June 4, 2013 at 8:41 pm

You sound suspect. Your explanation is too desperate Haba. I agree both ladies don’t have qualms with each other, at least that’s what my good friend who is an insider in their industry said but I also know omotola was offered the role and she declined it. Dosent add or remove anything from the other but that I “think” is the truth.
        I’m an Omotola addict and she and Hakeem killed it in last flight to abuja and brought international appeal to the movie with their matured acting but I don’t even think its a lead actress winning role. The movie was like crash .remember that, not too much of one actor, different story kind of movie, Omotola is just so strong an actress that I think she does a little and people think she did much,compared to genny who might do much and look like she did little.

• hope June 5, 2013 at 12:01 am

Hey hello, looks like someone didnt understand what i posted. I said BOTH actresses should have been nominated. You said Genny played a key role, even if she did, it was not a “lead” role to the category is unjustified (I havent seen the movie btw, i just read the reviews of the movie from some websites). You misssed where i said Omotola shouldnt have been nominated because she didnt do much in the movie.(I have seen the movie). This has nothing with me preferring OmoT over Genny, yes she is my favorite actress but i respect Genevieve as well.

• Mo’blezzing June 5, 2013 at 6:28 am

Yea, you did misunderstand her…..

• kenora June 4, 2013 at 6:40 pm

best Rapper l think olamide should win.best leading actress Mercy johnson.

• dorathy June 4, 2013 at 8:02 pm

genny and mercy johnson the best checkout mercy in baby oku she is the best genny l dey ur side

• Uk June 5, 2013 at 12:30 am

The real leading ladies in the movies they acted will mercy johnson, uche Jombo ( I love mrs somebody die) and Rita Dominic ( thought the Linda girl was the lead of the meeting but I think Rita out played her for people to think Rita was the lead) as for OmoT and Genny ( are you people serious? Dr bello? ( the worst Genny movie ? And last flight to abuja ( a movie with no storyline and bad effect? Please …. Tonto dike was the lead in my life my damage, Belinda was the lead in kokomma, I think it save to say NEA know nothing about these movies…. Congrats to them

• Rsp June 5, 2013 at 6:06 am

Lol, what has bad storyline and bad effect ( according to you) got to do with the actor’s own nomination? A movie can be bad,and the actors win in their own category. Those are two different things or am I wrong?

• hope June 5, 2013 at 9:32 am

This!! (Although i dont know if Doctor bello is Genevieve’s worst movie, and LFTA has a story..lol) but fact is OmoT didnt really do anything in the movie, any other actress could have played that role and nothing would have changed, and Genny wasnt the lead character in Dr Bello, so i wont be taking this award seriously (at least the best actress category)

• Asake June 5, 2013 at 9:46 am

You obviously take your time to watch these movies. LOL! I just got Last flight to Abuja. Haven’t seen it. I loved loved LOVED Mrs Somebody. LOLOLOLL. Haven’t watched many, if not all of the others.

• Rsp June 5, 2013 at 6:01 am

I beg to disagree. I think Omotola though might not have done too much in last flight in Abuja because of the storyline of the movie, but she was memorable in that movie and was the female lead character so her nomination is justified. The movie was also the biggest movie of 2012! I don’t know many people who haven’t seen it. On the other hand, Dr bello was a poorly made flick, genny was Not memorable in the movie and I don’t know anyone who has gone to see the movie. Everyone’s feeding off the premiere reviews which was bleh… So her nomination is unjustified.
    However, Bellanaija I’m wondering why you didn’t add Omotola’s name to the heading? I think it would have pulled in more interests and comments , just my opinion.

• oh yea June 5, 2013 at 8:15 am

Kukere has expired. Gobe should have been nominated. the judges need logic lessons

• DA June 5, 2013 at 9:48 am

In my opinion i think “Dr Bello” had better content than “Last flight to Abuja”.. I prefer Genny anyday, anytime.. That said, Project Fame – Best Tv programm, PanAfrican artiste- Yvonne Okoro, Best comedian- I go die.. My opinion.

• Priscy June 5, 2013 at 10:16 am

PLZ Kukere shouldn’t even be on the list @ all.

• brenda June 5, 2013 at 11:00 am

best lead actress Mercy Johnson…will go for her come rain come shine

• Pamper Me June 5, 2013 at 11:17 am

I still cant understand this list. Some are derserving and others get me thinking. By the way I see no Tiwa Savage on the list.

• Awaiting Moderation June 5, 2013 at 11:30 am

what kind of category is “Most Promising Female Act to Watch”??? I fear Naija o!Very useless categories sometimes!

• comment awaiting moderation! June 5, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Gbam! Was screwing so fast to see BlackMagic,and when I saw the name ,I got satisfy,I seriously don’t care about others.The dude is talented,his vocal power is incomparable,and it so sad that he has not being so hype ,like some nontalented artist…..lord jesssss,I’m a huge fan,I wish I could do more of the publicity….his video are also devoid of nudeness.he got the magic power! Who ever that knows him,should pls pass my message…inbetween l luv wandecoal “The kick” but not the video…

• Rynyx June 5, 2013 at 5:53 pm

i cant seem to wrap my head around some the d shows put together in the same category. Jara and Big brother?? common now… anyway, we dey wait for the results.

• Huraira June 6, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Who cares.

• Huraira June 24, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Pls next time(nfc) join every body with his or her mate.why yvonne okoro name join 2geda with genny ,iyanya and ice prices i don’t want 2 talk 2much so that u will not delet it,biko.