Diary of Emmy CollinsA few weeks ago, designer Emmy Collins launched his blog Diary by Emmy“. Anyone who follows Emmy on twitter or has read his previous interviews knows that Emmy embraces the “no-holds-barred” approach!

Since his blog launched, he has criticized and analysed many of Nigeria’s top stars as well as red carpet stylistas.

Via the blog – www.diarybyemmy.com, Emmy has gained a new legion of fans who appreciate the witty criticism and also another faction of followers who have labelled him “a hater”.

Recent trending topics on his blog include “Compilation of Annie Idibia Macaulay’s many fashion atrocities“, “Story of Nigeria and the Karaoke Singer named Tiwa Savage” and “Toni Tones wannabes invade Lagos with the same UTTERLY HIDEOUS costume…NO JOKES

Excerpts from the blog

Referring to a fashionsta in a revealing outfit
Last time I bumped into something this tacky on a lady was at StringFellows strip club (Oh,yes I have been there and will go back lol) in London.Needless to mention she discarded of them once she got on stage to dance.

On a music star’s look at a recent event
I could imagine robust protest from the hard working women of Amsterdam Red Light district if you as much as insinuate that this lady won`t look out place amongst them dressed like this. They are conscious of whom they are associated with too, if you know what I mean.

So what do you think? Is it refreshing that there is now honest criticism and analysis on the blog scene or in bad taste?

77 Comments on Emmy Collins’ Blog “Diary by Emmy” causes a Stir on the Nigerian Entertainment Scene
  • 5’5 June 7, 2013 at 8:34 am

i like it even though i may not agree with it.

• Esther June 7, 2013 at 8:57 am

Uhmmm .. Can I call him ” wanna be Joan rivers” of fashion police on E! News

• NMBW June 7, 2013 at 9:00 am

Joan Rivers’ protege, maybe!

• kilipot June 7, 2013 at 9:02 am

na u sabi o, aproko

• MsEzed June 7, 2013 at 9:02 am

I looove Emmy Collins, our very own Joan Rivers!!

• Dlapikin June 7, 2013 at 9:15 am

I hope he knows they won’t be buying his stuff!

• Rsp June 7, 2013 at 9:26 am

The bloke is a wannabe. Failed fashion designer.

• ginaunn June 7, 2013 at 9:30 am

don’t really know him………..

• Andie June 7, 2013 at 9:32 am

He needs a ghost writer tbh. His terrible English makes it tough to read thru his posts. Oh, he should dress better while at it. Joan Rivers doesn’t look like a cheap mascot while policing fashion.

• Abiola June 7, 2013 at 11:13 am

lol…take it easy on the guy now. I dont know Emmy but I think presentation matters, a lot. If he’s criticizing constructively, then he should ‘carry go’, otherwise he should know what goes around comes around.

• Nkechi June 7, 2013 at 9:36 am

As I was reading the quotes here I was like “ye”, “yepa”, (because we all love drama). Lol.
    But I think this is a bad move!!! Joan Rivers is making money off criticizing celebs- he is not. Plus the fashion industry is all about word of mouth. Who would want to work with him knowing they can’t trust him not to spill their secrets !!! And he’s making fun of them! That’s terrible! Imagine a MUA telling people how bad your face is without makeup. Or your tailor talking about your cellulite. These people are supposed to package your flaws well-not expose them! Except he’s planning to be a TV personality – (no more a stylist/designer) this is a TERRIBLE & very unprofessional move.

• Olufunke June 7, 2013 at 9:42 am

I’m an ardent Joan Ranger and i don’t think Emmy is trying to copy “Fashion police”. I think its high time someone correct and say the truth about some of these celebrities styles and whatever they are known for; and Emmy has never failed to criticize wisely and honestly… Thumbs up Em!

• sona June 10, 2013 at 11:57 am

I sooooooo agree with u.. Frankly he was just being BRUTALLY honest.. But mehn the guy harsh ohhh… “He said TIWA could nt sing even if her life dependent on it” loooool but her stage performances are quite tacky.. I sometimes think she should stick to recording and Video releases… That’s by the way but honestly u can call him “hater” if u please but a Joan Rivers wannabe? That’s very untrue….

• Bella June 7, 2013 at 9:51 am

Its so much easier to tear apart other people than face the man in the mirror. Granted he will probably say what we are also thinking especially on the so called celebs, but can he also give us an insight into his own wahalas?

• Spotter June 7, 2013 at 9:52 am

I agree with olufunke. Emmy is not copying fashion police. The guy is being real jare . Naijas hate criticisms . Na ass licking una like. It’s high time someone says the truth . Whether he’s a failed designer or whateva you call him, at least he tried being a designer . That’s life for you, u keep on trying, if you fail u get urself up and move on. His blog rocks, it might not be some people’s cup of tea but he has his fans, his blog is getting hits.

• Spotter June 7, 2013 at 9:56 am

Some people might not agree with him but its his blog, he can write whateva he likes. If u don’t agree with him, don’t visit his blog. #okbye.

• Ekalor June 7, 2013 at 10:18 am

He isn’t attacking their personalities, just stating the obvious, there is difference..
    Love his realness, whether it spelt correctly or not!
    Please! Done with no these wannabes that keep tormenting our eyes.
    The truth must be told… There is no shade… It’s not black, it’s not grey. It’s the TRUTH.

• nickyminaj June 7, 2013 at 12:02 pm

while i liked his criticism of the stars and celebrities i think his jab at linda ikeji was uncalled for. Attention seeking if you ask me.

• nikky June 8, 2013 at 2:57 am

I totally agree with you on that he did not only criticize linda’s dress which he even agreed was guilty of nothing but just being safe he attacked her character by saying she was fake or something to that effect. With Linda it just comes off as hatred. I wonder if they have any history. Funny thing is dat Linda has not even acknowledged him or his criticism of her. Whatever it is between them they better figure it out and squash it, naija entertainment industry is small and they are bound to run into each other which will be very awkward and uncmfortable

• iba June 8, 2013 at 10:28 am

Yeah i noticed it too and i was a tad worried because he had slipped from critique to personality and that is another realm. I know Linda is not without fault but i am a fan of hers and i just didnt get his issues with her ”personality”

• pynk June 7, 2013 at 10:20 am

Emmy is stating his opinion, albeit with a lot of grammatical errors, but he is doing it nonetheless.

• Ekalor June 7, 2013 at 10:21 am

Love his realness, whether it spelt correctly or not!
    Please! done with all these wannabes that keep tormenting our eyes.

• Non professional opinion June 7, 2013 at 10:23 am

The honesty of his blog is refreshing, but he sometimes veers into bitchy/bitter and his grammar is all over the place. It’s an interesting read nonetheless.
    I wonder what his game plan is, because his blog is going to put an end to his fashion career. A designer who trashes past/present/future clients won’t be a designer for long. Or maybe this is the beginning of his career as an OAP.

• Joey Akan June 7, 2013 at 10:36 am

This dude’s still trying to learn the ropes, maybe you guys haven’t heard, but Amebo Pulse does it better with his weekly gossip column, utilizing both english and pidgin. Here’s his latest for your enjoyment. pulse.com.ng/2013/06/03/amebo-pulse-bentley-bonananza-m-i-the-martyr-and-laugh-spiration/

• Berry Dakara June 7, 2013 at 10:43 am

I don’t know who Emmy Collins is, but if he’s giving honest, constructive criticisms, then more grease to his elbows. If he’s being catty and snide, just for the sake of it, then that’s not cool.

I would say while putting someone’s outfit choice down, show what you would have preferred to see him/her in.

berrydakara.blogspot.com

• dammy June 7, 2013 at 12:07 pm

since the fashion industry started booming, celebs have started turning themselves into mini gods, sometimes they get it and sometimes they dont. they need someone to emphasize that

• Morning dew June 7, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I just discovered his blog. LOVEEEEEEEEEE IT. lol

• Ezinne V June 7, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I get he is eager to start up his blog with lots of posts and all.I also get he is eager to xpress his opinions…ah!but he shld calm down,its causing too much spelling errors….na wa o. Na so e dey rush?

• TBS June 7, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Nigerian celebrities are not prepared for the truth.Try telling them the bitter truth about their fashion sense and they come charging at u like an angry lion.They know it all.
    more naija celebrity fashion continues on this blog CLICK PLS

• Kenny June 7, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Refreshing. I think there are a lot of ass lickers in Nigeria and they love mediocrity. Every mistake in America and Europe is fashion in Nigeria. Learn the concepts ans ideas behind things first and apply the principles then you can’t go wrong.

• Nice Anon June 7, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I’m just here for his personal style. My gosh! Refreshing

• Truthhurts June 7, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Nigerians!! Why can’t some of you hear the truth and accept it? And what is wrong with him doing what someone else does? How many of you are doing things that nobody has ever done?

Oh Please!!! This is the fundamental problem across Nigeria. People would rather be fed rubbish and lies than some painful truth.

Emmy Collins, keep up the good work of telling these artists that trashy and tacky is not a good way to gain fans. And for those of you with kids, do not feel offended when your kids start dressing like Aisha Shabba.

• oversabi June 7, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Bois and girls, ladies and gentlemen, u nid to visit to Emmy blog to really get a perspective on his style of critiquing. O boi I laughed so hard I fell off a bitter leaf tree. He speaks the honest truth about styling and mehn his words are mean but refreshing. So b4 u dish out ur comments, I advise u do a little research. I have read all he has on his blog trust me I have.

• preciousong June 7, 2013 at 4:22 pm

me too,,,,,, the guy is cool…………..i like the way he presents his case about our angelic celebs………….abeg at least he speaks the truth eventhough we all ve our own cockroach in the cupboard………

• juliet June 7, 2013 at 4:31 pm

there are so many returnees from all parts of the world looking for a way to sell themselves.i have seen emmy collins post his rantings on the bellnaija facebook page continiously and i was sure he would make it here. Now 1. Emmy collins is not and can never be a Joan Rivers. Joan Rivers is a comedian and not a designer neither are any of the team on fashion police. 2. His failed attempt at designing has now made him a blogger.3. His clothes dont retail any were and cant remember him having a store.constructive crtiscim i appluad but not from one who doesnt cut, sew or design and constructive piece that has been bought by anyone famous. Except he styled them.Emmy Collins you now have your one min of fame enjoy it cause your blog lacks credibilty or substance if the aim was to get hits achieved. If it was to make money, Epic Fail.

• NecoleNwaMama June 7, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Ohhh weeeee… hearing of him for the first time and I love his blog now! Comic relief I’d say and much needed in Nigeria… reminds me of a blog I really really like ; gofugyourself y’all can check it out too ……LooooL!!!

• Kenny June 7, 2013 at 6:33 pm

To Juliet, Emmy Collins knows what he is saying. Perhaps check out his blog and his writing bf you start talking trash. One thing bad about we Nigerians is that we hate constructive criticism. Abeg, if one of the girls he insulted is one of your friend then I think you should have a kind word with them in future about their dressing and style or advice them to get a mirror bf venturing outside. Pls lets stop all this bad belle, the guy is on point. Also, the guy is successful. Juliet, I do not know your own crude definition of success. Please have some Panadol and rest your lazy brain.

• Sandra June 7, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Oh I see: so because Juliet doesn’t agree with Emmy Collins that automatically means she has a lazy brain. Oh he must think that he is some Fashion God and style begins and ends with him. I am 100% for constructive criticism but acting like you are the best thing that ever happened in the fashion industry. You and Mr. Emmy Collins definitely need to get your freaking heads out of your behind .

• Tee Mama June 9, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I wonder o! Who crowned him the new fashion god?

• Quilt June 7, 2013 at 6:59 pm

HE IS SPEAKING THE “TRUTH” 100% SUPPORT HIS MOVEMENT.

• adesoye June 7, 2013 at 7:06 pm

there is constructive and their is plain nasty; emmy collins is a bitchy kind of person. remember ladunliadi started like this too i.e trying so hard to be relevant pls where is she now? this is africa and not america you cant talk from both sides of your mouth. be careful

• Uche June 7, 2013 at 7:09 pm

It is not a matter of Nigerians are not prepared for the truth but he is really obnoxiously rude. His own outfits are not that fly and sometimes are really really tight on him but it is his perogative. His criticism is extremely vicious and you can point out something to a person to help them grow from it without coming off as a jackass like he does. A lot of you saying ohhh I just love him, he is too funny, and blah blah blah if he directed his daggers at you eh the laugh will run away from you very quickly. People like him are insecure within themselves and lash out at others because they want to fill superior and it is actually sad and pathetic. There is absolutely nothing constructive about his criticism.

• Awaiting Moderation June 18, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Thank you!!Well said.

• comment awaiting moderation! June 7, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Bella naija should stop censoring* comments…it is what it is

• Peaches77 June 7, 2013 at 10:48 pm

I think he is interested in constructive criticism. I believe he also welcomes a very intelligent debate and gladly accepts a superior opinion.

• Peaches77 June 7, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Perhaps most of you can point out his methods are not as objective.

• Peaches77 June 8, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Perhaps, most of you can point out to him his methods which are not as objective .

• Hiss June 7, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Nigerians??!?!?! Is it always about money? Can somebody be honest? Please every human being is born with freedom of speech. Free Emmy..I co sign him..Emmy abeg, I will buy your clothes even though I don’t need them and also pay you to be honest yes. This is what we need in Nigeria…a blog where people pay for honesty…rolls eyes at Bella Naija and you better post my comment!

• London’s finest June 7, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I discovered his blog recently and honestly I’m a huge fan. I wish he could blog more often.

I enjoy his style of blogging and the humour he brings into it.

He speaks the TRUTH on so many fashion disasters. Ya’ll really need to take time out to read his blog.

What’s all this noise about him being a “failed” designer?? At least, he made a VERY GOOD attempt at it and even had a showroom on the island. How many people can boast about that? It your likes that refer to bloggers as “failed” models yet they are doing well today.

He says the truth as it is. UNDILUTED. and I loff him for it.

**bellanaija you had better post my comment. You can see that I have not commented for a while. It’s REALLY ANNOYING for you NOT to approve comments even though they break no rules. REALLY ANNOYING. typing comments is NOT as easy a task as you think *** angry face***

• Miranda June 8, 2013 at 11:56 am

Ahhhhhhh I love his blog oh jare…. Someone needs to tell people like Toni tones and toke makinwa to sit down!! Love it!

• Ready June 10, 2013 at 11:50 am

+1. And it’s not personal. For instance, I dislike Rukky Sanda’s principles as they appear, but I gotta admit that even though her style is sometimes out there, she gets it right more often than she gets it wrong. People like Emmy are necessary for “celebrities” in this country. And dude’s words may be harsh, but he welcomes debate and wants to be proven wrong. I read his stuff, and even though I winced at some of it, it was aaaalll true. Dem Toke M, Annie I, somebody Shaba and Toni freaking Tones need to be MADE to listen. Thin line between fashion and idiocy, people.

• Remi June 8, 2013 at 2:14 pm

If I really know him u ll not call him a wannabe … He as bring ard n still ding very well … Am not a ttl fun of Emmy but he is good vey good n ps ets all just enjoy life we r not effect people …

• London’s finest June 8, 2013 at 3:40 pm

@ remi

Please what rubbish did you just post? Did you read it all? WTF with all the abbreviations and missing letters? If you are going to comment on a post, be nice to post something that people can read without getting translation from a 9 months baby that’s mumbling words!!

Jeez!

• Rhecks June 8, 2013 at 3:41 pm

I totally love Emmy’s blog and I think it is a breath of fresh air to the entertainment industry depending on the angle from which you view it. Please we need to have objective minds and. Learn to appreciate constructive criticisms. If Emmy had not started his blog, someone else would have. Enough of mediocrity!

• julliet June 9, 2013 at 10:34 am

@kenny aka emmy collins . I do have a brain unlike you please can emmy collins open a fashion school and teach these designers how its done. Or may show us clothes worn by celebrities that he has clothed that got it right . Oh yes people will enjoy the blog as other people are being bashed . But when you talk of the bad you say the good. I haven’t Seen any positive comment . Contary to your comment kenny I have no friend or aquintance that he has bashed . Emmy collins leave the blogging to thoes who are bloggers and go and make some clothes . When you open your own store , retail clothes or make some beespoke piece that people buy instead of. Your mustard pants and purple bowtie that you alone wear I will listen . Till then your just an attentioning seeking wannabe

• Ready June 10, 2013 at 11:49 am

That’s a damn lie. Dude has been positive about many people. Read his blog before you come here to talk. Caroline Danjuma, Eku Edewor, Wizkid, some unnamed fab lady at a party, some men we don’t really know, D’banj, etc.

• london’s finest June 10, 2013 at 4:02 pm

erm. . . . did he tell you that blooging has stopped him from designing clothes, eh?

who told you he didnt have a retail store in the past? are you blind to have noticed that some people. e.g. d’banj actually wear his shirts?

hmmmm. the way you are going on and on about this matter, i can bet that you are either one of the ladies that have been bashed on his blog or you are close to one of them. bcos me, dont understand your own for the matter oh. e be like say na you carry am pass for head.

one word of advice : get yourself a good stylist and so you know, the ”emmy collins fashion collection” is open to criticism. he has said that several times on his blog.

• london’s finest June 10, 2013 at 4:04 pm

juliet- my comment is meant for you

• Landon June 11, 2013 at 2:31 am

What is wrong with someone having a different opinion from Emmy Collins. Who is he? Fashion God. So you automatically conclude that anyone that has a different opinion from him has to be someone he has lashed at or a relative. How inane. Can’t people have a mind and different opinion of their own that is not in line with Emmy Collins. Emmy Collins has expressed his own opinion. Why can’t you leave other people to do the same.

• Eyez June 10, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Julliet please check out emmycollins.com and facebook.com/#!/NigeriaFashionWorkshop maybe that will help you know more about the guy muka

• damepenelope June 9, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Fearless! Not even scared of taking a jibe at Linda ¨you know who¨.

• Tolu June 9, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Lol! Nice! He’s carved a niche for himself. At least he is not one of the wanna be bloggers. However, there is a difference between constructive criticism and hate. He needs to tone down his comments and criticize more constructively.

• Rukky June 10, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I think his tone and use of words are inappropriate. It’s one thing for someone on Bella to say those things, jokingly or not, and it’s another thing for someone who is also a fashion designer and potential supplier of clothes to the stars to talk without a filter–carelessly, insensitively and hatefully. Unless you are a blonde seventy-something year old woman talking trash and being unnecessarily rude, this for a grown ass man is not cute! I’m kind of grossed out by his comments, those were uncalled for.

• Adanna .C June 10, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I like his blog , it is refreshing that he is not afraid to express his opinions & guess what !! it`s going to be a popular blog, Nigerian celebs need stuff like this, love love Emmy & don’t care if he`s joan wannabe, he is the truth…

• SoulSista June 10, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Bella why didn’t you post my comment?

• SoulSista June 10, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Cheap publicity! Thats what he is doing. the oldest game in the book. Attack a big enough star and you get noticed by his/her fans or stans. The more the fans the more your publicity. works every time. Pity you guys didnt see it. Check out Linda, who knew about her before she started yabbing Nollywood stars? SMH Just another cheap, publicity seeking blogger.

• Tikka Masala June 10, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Emmy Collins needs to get a life and go and sit down somewhere. For starters, he comes across as a retarded illiterate that can’t spell or simply structure his sentences properly. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones! Not even clear if he managed to finish primary school hence his inability to write or speak. Then how dare him spend his jobless hours criticizing others when it’s not like he’s go anything to offer himself? He should leave the blogging to the bloggers (i.e. people that can actually write, spell or know well enough to use the spell-check tool) and go back to his so-called fashion designing – an art that he claims to know better than anyone else. Not that I’ve ever heard of anyone saying they’re wearing an Emmy Collins made outfit. He’s one of the most negative people ever. I can understand the occasional jab here and there on our public figures, but he has nothing good to say about ANYBODY! Nothing! Who made him judge and jury???? Who the heck cares what he thinks??!! Bush man! *Oshico*!

• Rsp June 10, 2013 at 3:12 pm

The real scandal here is… This man is supposed to be a fashion designer but we are all discussing him as a blogger! Fail!!!

• Kunle Maxwell June 10, 2013 at 4:23 pm

am surprised that a talented middle aged man will sit behind his computer and spew such negativity. this is so frustrated aged spinster (complete with 12 cats living in a basement flat in east london!!).

admittedly, perhaps Nigerians dont necesary know how “best” to go about things especially according to “world standards” or best practices; this is not unusual, we are an emerging nation is bound to make mistakes as we try to develop OUR OWN standards, as the rest of the world hesitates to accept the Nigerian standards.

but who died and made Emmy Collins Simon Cowell or Joan Rivers? perhaps the Queen of England erroneously annointed him court jester? what makes you thnk you have the right to judge us…? o i forget, you spent 5 minutes in London…

for the benefit of argument, lets even assume that you have a fair perceptive, what about showing us how to do it – since you know it so well. Mentor us, show us pictures of Nigerians that are doing it well vis-avis Nigerians that are not. show us the way, Navigator.

we are trying to build a nation Emmy, if you cant offer constructive criticism, then its just plan green old spite. Leave us be!!

• Matt Dickinson June 11, 2013 at 12:44 am

I wouldn’t call him a hater. I also wouldn’t be too quick to claim that he gives constructive criticism. He is more of the bitchy attention seeking personality. For someone who acts like he knows it all and everyone needs to answer to him, you would think he would proofread his write-up before posting them. He keeps shooting us with grammatical and spelling daggers. Mr. Emmy Collins get yourself an editor ASAP because English writing is so not your forte. As a vegan and a huge advocate for healthy eating; all I could do was cringe when I read his write-up on being overweight and obese in the Nigerian Entertainment Industry. There are so many ways to bring awareness to weight problems and healthy eating without calling names and saying this person weighs 200 pounds and that person’s size is 18. Don’t just keep yakking about it: Organize a healthy eating event, a 5k walk or run, something that will get this people on their feet to a better life style.
    He doesn’t take constructive criticism too well himself. I remember someone calling out his clothing line and he went ballistic on the person saying he has been in the fashion industry for ‘so so so’ amount of years. I guess when you are on the hot seat it’s different. When people don’t say things in line with what you want to hear you claim they are attacking you. I laugh when people say he is the Tom Ford of Nigeria. You must definitely be a neophyte to compare him to Tom Ford. Mr. Emmy Collins: If you are going to venture into fashion journalism then take a cue from the likes of Anna Wintour and Robin Givhan. They don’t mince words at all and they both give straight up constructive criticism. What makes them even more amazing and fab is that they don’t ooze out the “know it all bitchy” vibe.
    Now on to the way he dresses and his clothing line. I am going to have to grab a couple of pages from your critic book for this one.: Does Emmy Collins really think he has got style? Do you really think the way you dress and your clothing line is the epitome of style? — I don’t think so. ‘Personally’ the first 2 things that come to mind when I see the way you dress is 1. Halloween party costume 2. Vegas Clown Attire. Is this what some of you call style http://cdn.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/IMG_7234.jpg I cringe. This couldn’t possibly be the atrocious attire that would inspire the people he calls mediocre. Oh well it’s your prerogative if you have chosen to celebrate Halloween every day. You have fashion greats that manage or own billion dollar fashion empires like: John Galliano, Karl Lagerfeld, and Christian Lacroix. You would never hear them ranting and calling the names of other designers. Their designs alone speak more volume and inspire thousands of beginner and intermediate designers around the world. You would never see them tooting their own horn even with the kind of empire they have built. When they do speak or give constructive criticism: They do it in a way so that you grow and not demean you. They don’t just tell you what is wrong but they give you other ideas of what you can do to become better. If they could be this humble how much more you who has not grown past Nigeria and London. Bitchy destructive criticism is what you do. A fashion designer known more for senseless blogging instead of his designs: EPIC FAILURE! I guess now you’ve gotten every one’s attention that you so much craved for and couldn’t get from your designs. A true fashion designer lets their fashion label and design speak more volume not the other way round.

• Diseye June 14, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Finally a voice of truth! Enough of all the butt kissing and all the fake comments about some of these artistes. Personally i think Tiwa is average in terms of singing and looks. ITs annoying the way she’s being glorified. Her publicist must be earning her/his pay. Anne is a glorified baby-mama promoted to ‘wife’ and people are going up and down calling their story a love story. love story bawo? marrying a man who impregnated the whole nigeria while you guys were supposed to be together? is that the kind of fairy tale we went to tell our daughters? shameless sycophants!

• Diseye June 14, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Emmy pls carry on jo! I’m so happy that someone sees exactly what I’ve been seeing. All the people he has ‘criticized’ are the same people that I have criticizing in my own mind. This guy is psychic I swear. Emmy me I like Toke and Tonto sha o. Please keep it coming.

• Chetta June 17, 2013 at 4:34 pm

We can’t keep enjoying a glass of juice under the sun because mediocrity rules the society. There is something called checks and balances in government, the fashion industry needs it in large quantum, where fashion has become a shredded piece of material covering the private parts of a woman. We are all entitled to our opinions and if that opinion is to shape our perceptions positively, then it should be encouraged. Enough of the mediocrity biko!

• ifejika adaeze June 18, 2013 at 6:29 am

Thank God for emmy collins thank God.

• liz July 31, 2013 at 2:05 pm

so let me get this straight, this guy designs clothes for the elites and at the same time bash those elites? he is in for a rude awakening cos Nigerian don’t forgive easily. unless he is planning to make a living off his blog he need to shut up ASAP. i think he need a crash course in business 101.

• Tosin May 19, 2014 at 5:04 am

Kids wear the darnedest things! If they didn’t, dude wouldn’t have the images to critique on his blog. The best part is when he breaks out the Igbo. I must learn that language.