This girl is on FIRE!

MBGN Miss World 2013 Anna Ebiere Banner is getting set to “battle” with over 131 beauty queens for the coveted Miss World Crown at the grand finale on Saturday 28th September 2013 in Jakarta, Indonesia.

The 18 year old beauty has been busy mingling and catching up on scheduled events.

From basking in the sun to a competitive sports challenge, from dinning at a luxe restaurant to feeding animals, BN Beauty has got you covered with all the action from Jakarta.

Check out Anna’s diary.

MBGN Miss World 2013 Anna Ebiere Banner - September 2013 - BellaNaija - 046
MBGN Miss World 2013 Anna Ebiere Banner - September 2013 - BellaNaija - 039
MBGN Miss World 2013 Anna Ebiere Banner - September 2013 - BellaNaija - 049
MBGN Miss World 2013 Anna Ebiere Banner - September 2013 - BellaNaija - 073
MBGN Miss World 2013 Anna Ebiere Banner - September 2013 - BellaNaija - 034

Photo Credit: www.facebook.com/SilverbirdMBGN | www.facebook.com/MissWorld

84 Comments on She’s Ready for the Crown! View All the Fun & Fab Shots of MBGN Miss World 2013 Anna Ebiere Banner in Jakarta, Indonesia
  • She formerly known as Knut September 14, 2013 at 4:49 pm

She is a really pretty girl sha :-)

• Blossom September 15, 2013 at 12:17 am

She will NEVER win.

• Damie Damie September 15, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Why? :(

• Stunning I am September 16, 2013 at 10:53 am

Bet why?

• ayo September 16, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Only a dark skinned girl can win, thats our originality, rem Agbani, they have better version of fair gals, so our fair ladies can never WIN!

• Concerned_Boyfriend September 17, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Add another NEVER to it.

• Omalicha September 14, 2013 at 4:56 pm

She looks her age in these pics. She looked like an aunty in that official pic where she had her hair pulled back in a bun with a crown on.

• comment awaiting moderatn September 14, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Very normal chic! No plenty sengemende! I like

• The Fairy GodSister September 14, 2013 at 5:02 pm

She’s actually really beautiful!! All the pictures of her I saw before didn’t do her any justice! Unfortunately compared to the other models she doesn’t look very tall… I’m rooting for her sha, and I wish her all the best!

• No competition September 15, 2013 at 12:01 am

this is a pageant not a model contest though…

• Godsluv22 September 14, 2013 at 5:04 pm

She’s seems to be a very cheerfull person…….Lol she fits in right in with the indoesian people, with little or no make up she’s a pretty young female

• Okechukwu Ofili September 17, 2013 at 7:04 am

is that a compliment? fitting with Indonesian people? if you don’t fit are you ugly?

• Msunderstood September 14, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Fine girl

• Great September 14, 2013 at 5:23 pm

She is beautiful

• Adaoma Obi September 14, 2013 at 5:25 pm

We need to ask why Agbani won the miss world competition? simple, because she is a black beauty and is very unique. she stands out wearing even the simplest of gowns and with her hair packed up. Now choosing all this regular light skinned girls (NO OFFENSE< I AM ALSO LIGHT SKINNED) is not doing Nigeria any good. this gurl is good enough to be on a Nigerian cell phone commercial, but that is it!! their is noting captivating or eye-catching or spectacular about her. If i see her on the street, I will not even take a second glance(SORRY< JUST BEING HONEST) in contrast to Agbani.. so I wonder how she will stand out in a room filled with black and white beauties… anyways, I wish her all the best. she should enjoy her journey.

• chichi September 14, 2013 at 5:57 pm

@Ada, you are kinda right. i also think she is a bit small for the competition but the chick has grown on me..I doubt she will win the competition but i really dont care. She is super adorable and seems like a friendly, down to earth chick. I also think she is really beautiful but i see what you are saying cos when i got to the last pic, my eye just went straight to miss Ghana..That chick is gorgeous..What!!!

• Naomi September 14, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I was gonna say the same thing. I think she is absolutely gorgeous but in some pics she blended in with the other ladies and I couldn’t spot her as easily. I hope that doesn’t work against her. However, no one chooses their skin color and it shouldn’t count. She is undoubtedly beautiful and seems very calm and collected, and I wish her all the best!!

• dlapikin September 14, 2013 at 6:02 pm

My sentiment exactly. The first time I saw her, I thought she was very beautiful but when I watched the opening ceremony, she was just “there” compared to the other girls. She comes off as too plain. Just look at the last picture here on BN: that chocolate beauty next to her ( Miss Ghana) will pick up the crown anytime any day before she does. I guess Nigerians obsession with light skin will fail them this time.

• Goodlooks September 14, 2013 at 6:10 pm

well said “Adaoma Obi” I couldn’t have said it better.!

• Chyke September 14, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Gbam! @Adaoma Obi, you said it as it is. Anna is still better than last year’s MBGN though.

• iba September 14, 2013 at 7:43 pm

why do i agree with you? uhmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
      MGBN needs to go back and do some simple home work. How did we win it with Agbani? What makes a stunning queen? This lady is pretty no doubt and she looks young and cheerful here. I wonder how tall she is because she does not appear really tall. I’d still pick the current Miss Nigeria over her any day though. I think she will make a good commercial model too…

• SOLO ACT September 14, 2013 at 7:47 pm

u took it out of my mouth! the only people that appreciate light skinned women are black men. the world is looking for a black beauty that is why Agbani won and that was why that girl from angola won miss universe. they are not looking for basic beauty they are looking for extraordinary. she would be eliminated first round but at least she got to see indonesia! i hope she gets indomie! lol

• Chic September 14, 2013 at 9:39 pm

So true! Put some winged eyeliner on her and she could as well be Indonesian I honestly couldn’t tell her apart in the group photos no distinguishing features maybe if she was a bit taller than average she would have stood a chance

• Destiny September 14, 2013 at 10:26 pm

I hate to admit it Adaoma but you are 100% correct.

• Jojo September 15, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I think you are absolutely right. Agbani is stunning to say the least. Anna is beautiful, however, she does not stand out. And her average height is doing her no justice. Well I wish her all the best. Good luck.

• Stunning I am September 16, 2013 at 10:59 am

Honey, there is no way you have taken a second glance at Agbani back then if u saw her on the street, and I honestly think Silverbird group have been fair enough with dark/light skinned beauty queens, look back and you’ll see. Anna is just right for this!

• Diseye September 17, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Exactly, she’s a beautiful down to earth girl and she looks friendly too. I,m seriously rooting for her even though I’m not a fan of light-skinned people (no offensive but a dark skinned sister takes the cakes any day IMHO). I fell in love with her when I watched her interview on Moments with Mo’ she came across as naive with a dash of syrupy sweetness, a hefty helping of sunshine and a generous sprinkling of loveliness. She has a nice infectious smile to boot. I hope she makes the top three at least.

• Echeji mimin September 17, 2013 at 9:30 pm

When is Nigeria gonna stop dis senseless discussion abt light α̇̇̇̊Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊d̶̲̥̅̊ dark skinned ladies? God made all α̇̇̇̊Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊d̶̲̥̅̊ gave them skin colours perfect for their bodies… Its God’s favour α̇̇̇̊Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊d̶̲̥̅̊ the exceptional personality of d contestant that counts.. Light or dark skinned.. God’s grace anna banner.. For those talking abt age, read d requirements again-18 α̇̇̇̊Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊d̶̲̥̅̊ above apart from 30

• new gurl September 14, 2013 at 5:52 pm

@adaoma u r correct… she’s not tall n I think she’s d shortest!

• Kay September 14, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Goodluck anna… God bless and favour you. Amen

• bee_be01 September 14, 2013 at 6:15 pm

She lost some weight and that has done her good. Wish her goodluck

• WomanToWomanCry September 14, 2013 at 6:26 pm

She is beautiful and really having fun without stress.. Bring the Crown home girl

Rivers State and now it will be Bayelsa…. we reppin big time :)))))))))

All Nigeria so one love!

• Barbie September 14, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Still better than Isabel Agbor Ojong Ayuk,who couldn’t represent nigeria @miss world…also the miss Imo would have done better than this fine short girl.wish her luck

• I Rock September 14, 2013 at 6:33 pm

She looks beautiful and I wish her God’s favor.

• I Rock September 14, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Just checked Miss Ghana out due to the comments referring to her…she is gorgeous with a beautiful complexion.

• ay September 14, 2013 at 6:35 pm

@ adaoma obi. You said it all. It no hating she just looks like a regular chic, there’s nothing really captivating about her looks. But I wish her all the best

• dn September 14, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Totally agree with Adaoma’s comment. I think the problem is most people don’t understand the terms/words that are used to describe physical appearance. I would definitely say that she’s ‘attractive’ because looks and body wise she’s above average but I would never consider her ‘beautiful’ (Kelly Rowland) or ‘pretty’ (Cheryl Cole) or even stunning (can’t think, lol). So in a contest where’s she being pitched against beautiful, not attractive women she doesn’t really stand a chance.

• reena September 14, 2013 at 7:39 pm

@adaoma obi u said it all but she seems lyk a nize girl so she shld enjoy the experience

• Msreeny September 14, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I totally agree with adaoma. But I wish her well al d same.

• sideyeblankstare September 14, 2013 at 8:08 pm

- she could well be indonesian
    – mild acne does not require a dermatologist, pls see ur family doctor
    – enjoy every moment while it lasts

• TC September 14, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Pls is she the shortest girl in the competition?

• Zero September 14, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Ha!!! Dis one wey dey bleach anyhow with pimples everywhere so…e no just try, just your regular yellow girl on d street..e for UG well well if e dey dark…d yellow just save am…dats all……….

• Anon September 14, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Adaoma, well said.

She blends in well well. She has Asian looks. I think I read she’s 5’7.

• KingsQueen September 14, 2013 at 9:41 pm

awwwwh, she’s such a pretty girl

• Anonymous September 14, 2013 at 11:56 pm

I agree with ADA but did anyone notice she was always on flats?

• Omo September 15, 2013 at 12:29 am

So happy for her! Wow, once in a life time experience … wishing her ( miss Nigeria) all the best

• CarliforniaBawlar September 15, 2013 at 1:09 am

She blends in with the ‘oyinbo’ chicks oh, and in this case i think it would work against her sha, and Yea…..she is pretty but just look at the picture of her right beside Miss Ghana……(and I honestly hope Ghanian know how to gracefully take compliments, ’cause next thing you know they’d start boasting that ALL Ghanians are finer than ALL Nigerians, lol)
    I also don’t think there’s enough time for grooming between the MBGN competition and Miss Word….

• deltachik September 15, 2013 at 2:55 am

She’s pretty but not enough to win!+

• Bird’s Eye September 15, 2013 at 2:59 am

She looks much better now. And I prefer her with her hair packed not let down.

• ao September 15, 2013 at 3:14 am

Anna is short and competing in a contest where height is an advantage. So, why in the world would MBGN management put her in high-low dresses and black conservative flats?! The only outfits that made sense were the Ankara print suit and the ensemble she wore to the zoo. The management at MBGN needs to get real. It does not appear that they invested in a quality stylist and wardrobe for the reigning queen. It is only this young woman’s natural beauty and happy smile that is carrying her. I wish her the best and by the looks of the other contestants, she has a strong chance of winning or placing highly in the competition.

• ploij September 15, 2013 at 3:48 am

She is beautiful! She has a bit of d asian look. Wishing her all the best! With God’s favour she might win! Wish her the best

• Geepee September 15, 2013 at 4:16 am

Against Adaoma Obi’s comment that I believe has got a lot of ya going with the wrong perception about Anna, I strongly believe beauty is an attitude…take a second look @ those pictures…She’s got the beauty attitude!…It might just work for her…

• Tosin September 15, 2013 at 6:35 am

she seems like a sweet girl. for the contest, more sleep, water, a little exercise (boxing, aerobics, or jogging, just a little) so she looks and feels her best.

• Hausa Girl in Texas September 15, 2013 at 10:36 am

She’s very pretty, but when The world
    Is judging African girls against others, they
    Are looking for that smooth, dark velvet skin.
    Though not all Africans are dark skinned,
    But that’s the world perception of Africans.
    Where’s the White Girl that’s representing
    South Africa? That’s even worse.
    That’s why Somali and Sudanese are
    Taking over the runways now.
    She’s very pretty like a light skinned girl,
    But they are looking for that EXTRA in the
    Ordinary.

• Modella September 15, 2013 at 11:03 am

She look adorable,all dresses suit her well,she is clean,fun loving and good to look at..But hell nooo,we are talking about Miss world,were is the height??? I’m rooting for Miss ghana

• eloho September 15, 2013 at 11:28 am

I am impressed with her photos, i really like her personality. And she is gorgeous, can she win – i think she can use her personality to get a good chance and she should try to win one competition so she goes far. Beauty with a purpose is always a good one. Anna is a cheerful pretty girl. Wish her all the best

• Babyface September 15, 2013 at 2:35 pm

She’s breaking out on her forehead already.

• Soraya September 15, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Anna needs to stop that ridiculous duck lip or else she is simply not ready for the Miss World crown! Sorry but I am still convinced that MBGN chose the wrong winner- there were more beautiful girls than her- take the girl representing Kano for example!

• Uche September 15, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Such a sweet girl! Best of luck…

• GreenDiamond September 15, 2013 at 11:22 pm

please u guys should chill.. i actually like her and she blends in well and looks pretty down to earth and ready to try something new which is a great spirit. i am pretty sure she would come close to the crown but i highly doubt she will win but!! i am still going to root for her all d way anything can happen maybe we r not seeing something the judges will see. All the best dear

• GeeZee September 16, 2013 at 3:27 am

Ada you are right but sorry to burst your bubble, Agbani did not win cosof her looks. She was GIVEN the crown! Saying what i know authoritatively. Any girl from Nigeria would have won dat year! Kapish?

• Evagreen September 16, 2013 at 10:22 am

Are u saying the crown is rotated among countries?

• Aderonke September 16, 2013 at 9:07 am

Woah I am so happy with the matured comments here. I see positive criticism well accepted by all. Well done Bella Readers, this is the attitude we should always have. I totally agree with all your views/observations about Anna, I had to scroll back and see all that you are all saying and I humbly agree with you guys!
    I hope the organizers of MBGN can see all of these comments and try to see if they can help focus on her “personality” which is an advantage she has over other “distinct physical features” and also keep these views in check for their next event!
    I am a proud Bella reader right now, I feel we are doing something right, supporting our own but with professionalism and no sentiments!

• tutsie September 16, 2013 at 9:11 am

she’s beautiful! but could easily pass off for Indonesian or any other country but Nigeria! There’s no unique African-ness ’bout her..had to really stare to find her out from the multitude of fair-skinned beauties..all the best to her

• phummie September 16, 2013 at 9:51 am

oh, geezee trump or whoever, d only one dat can authoritatively say any Nigerian would have won dat year….great.

• nawa September 16, 2013 at 10:01 am

lol at all these pictures. she looks pretty but she cant win. in fact im routing for miss ghana. shes what u call a black beauty. this white girl blends in with the other people there. she doesnt even have anything that can make her stand out in the public. shes just another bleached white faced girl. and they are plenty in lagos. these days no one even notices them anymore. cause most of them are not truly beautiful. idunno how the people behind mbgn think. so its better for u to crown someone who isnt befitting of the crown because of some absurd reason than to crown someone who can bring home the miss world title. people can be so foolish

• Hurperyermie September 16, 2013 at 10:26 am

she is pretty though but ada u are right

• Hassan Adulmumin September 16, 2013 at 11:16 am

even wild animals recognises beauty. a beautiful woman is a blessing to the world

• Esther September 16, 2013 at 1:59 pm

she is so adorable…you cannot help than to like her. no fake airs…love her..wish her all the best and if she does not win, she will get some good stuff soon..

• Snogvirus September 16, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Wow she looks soooo good! Go make us proud galfriend. We are sooo proud of you. God bless you!!!

• Omo1 September 17, 2013 at 9:04 am

This girl doesn’t look Nigerian..infact she looks like one of the Indonesean! Lol. She really is beautiful

• GLORIA JACOBS September 17, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Is she fairer than some Malaysians?

• merci September 17, 2013 at 4:49 pm

black complexioned queens where art thou? !!! shes beautiful sha but not so tall!

• AA September 18, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Please Nigerians, stop with this your obsession with light skinned women. This girl is cute but she is not Miss World material AT ALL!!! Please we need to stop this light skin madness!!!

• ppB September 29, 2013 at 1:40 am

Please tell dem oh!We will NEVER win d miss world crown until we go back 2 our true heritage which is BLACK! Agbani is DARK,TALL and INTELLIGENT and she brought us the crown!

• gscot September 19, 2013 at 12:33 pm

she is a pretty damsel but I will pick miss Ghana to her cuz she has this natural ebony black that goes with the African sun. I wish anna all the best .

• Rubynnia September 19, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Anna is pretty and I wish her the very best in the competition.

Light skin or not, she’s a STUNNER!!!

• humm September 19, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Elimination during the first round is a guarantee. She can at least talk about the sight seeing there.

• Temitope Oluleye September 19, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Nice pictures, wishing her all the best at the Miss World competition.

• Mariaah September 20, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Anna is a beautiful girl and I wish her all the best.. Although her height isn’t so much compared to the other girls but I love that she’s making the most of the competition..

Well hello, Miss Ghana :) such a beauty!!

• yinka September 23, 2013 at 4:10 pm

This girl is absolutely beautiful. She is the most beautiful queen Nigeria has ever produced after Bianca Onoh Ojukwu.