Posted on Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 at 8:00 AM

By BellaNaija.com

Stella Damasus Diaries - November 2013 - BellaNaija

Nollywood star Stella Damasus is out with episode 5 of the Stella Damasus Diaries – “Think Twice”.

In the 9-minute plus clip, the actress shares her views on texting and driving as well as how our mobile devices are shaping our everyday life.

The devices “which we buy with our money” as she says, is no longer giving us time to connect with friends and family.

Are you one of the many people around the world who picks up his/her phone first thing in the morning?
Are you constantly hooked on what’s going on in your phone’s social circle?

Watch…then Let’s Talk About It!

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 24 Comments on “Let’s Talk About It! Are Mobile Devices Gradually Ruining Our Lives?! Watch Episode 5 of the Stella Damasus Diaries – “Think Twice””

Comments
    • Meet9jasinglesHERE November 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Mobile devices has helped to make life easier but if not properly, one can become addicted to them.

• Dare to be November 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM

if not for mobile and telecommunication would i have access to listen to Stella horrible voice ……….. eyes rolling

• Blossom February 12, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Why is this woman always so angry?

• Curious Cat November 20, 2013 at 9:08 AM

why don’t you try to create something instead of trying to be an unrecognized mobile gadget critic .
      madame Stella try creating something that will replace mobile device that will ruin our lives lesser

• Worship and Swag November 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I know you’re entitled to your opinion but what’s your say on the issue raised in the video? Could we talk about it instead of Stella’s manufacturing exploits (or lack of) at a smartphone factory? Be blessed!

• sugar November 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM

your comment is so silly and out of point…..you have said nothing

• Que November 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I’m not a fan of stella’s videos, but for some reason I watched today… then I came down to see ur comment /opinion as we call it….. n I had an instant opinion about it—-maybe, just maybe ur ability to focus on d wrong thing, is largely to blame for your ending up in a one chance marriage….. she’s passing a necessary social message n this is really all u deduced from it???

• Jo! January 8, 2014 at 5:17 AM

Ha! What has her marriage got to do with anything? This comment was petty, highly unnecessary and sounded like you were beefing her, (and also quite childish)
          Ahn ahn, the girl made an unnecessarily personal comment on a post , can we forget about it already and stop digging it up at every opportunity?

• Florence Owens November 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Hmmmm. One of the faceless people who only criticize
        others. That’s who you are. I am not a fan of Stella, neither do I
        hate her but the issue she has raised here is a very sensitive and
        relevant one. However, people like you just type rubbish and choose
        to trivialize such matters. I am 100% sure you live a miserable
        life and choose to take it out on the few who try to do the good
        that you may never do in your lifetime. What Stella does with her
        life is her damn business but what she has talked about in this
        video should be food for thought for you. Maybe the day you will
        get hurt by a distracted driver, you will remember this
        video.

• Iyke November 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Well done on your campaign Stella. You are a child of cause and purpose…finding your way beyond personal ambition through service… Living in a world that requires the best of your convictions…while engaged in the fulness of life’s compelling experiences… Be grateful and committed in your efforts to be better… To be deserving of all your generous…miraculous…and gifted treasures…Keep growing!!!!

• Iyke November 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM

and by the way, for those using mobile phones while driving, your mobile makes you four times more likely to crash.It won’t kill you to put it away.Good Luck.

• Seun November 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Just kept comparing “Stella Damascus Diaries” and ” Toke´s ” weekly you-tube videos…the former talks more about salient ills of the society while the latter shares her credulous talks and proffers her unfounded solutions to them..

• Grown Woman November 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM

i cant watch the video im at work lol but based on the heading, it is indeed true about these mobile devices… if not properly used, they can really make one anti social for instance you go to a function and people no longer socialise but are constantly checking their phones im gulty of it sometimes lol bt want to delete all these social networks n have whatsapp only cant keep up with all ths social networks too much time wasting TBH anyws my two kobo lol

• Uc November 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM

On my way home from defending my project work masters Transport management I made that resolution on the oshodi apapa express way….hmmmm it was my mum calling to congratulate me and bam!!!!!!!!! I was of the road (cant even explain it) even d trailer behind me told me small girl u go die alone. Then i realized my mum’s congratulatory message might have been her last talk with me but for God. Please send d message out the best way u can.Weldone!!!!

• Uc November 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM

D Funny part is I was actually driving home where my mum was waiting to welcome me………..mbok Phone matter eeee leave am

• Meet9jasinglesHERE November 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM

On the other hand, mobile devices have also helpd people to be more social. I have a friend who you wil never catch smiling except when he is chatting online. U ll hear him laff and then stop.

• shollz November 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM

you are right sister, its just getting so bad, and the distraction is overwhelming, people have to be desensitize from all this distractions, pinging and driving, making phone calls and driving. is a sure way to disaster.

• Amanda November 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM

A word is enough for the wise…GBAM!!!

• winfunmi November 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Is she truly in a relationship with Daniel, after exiting Doris?

• sugar November 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM

its irritating when small minds make comments…..so cos she is looking at the other side of communication gadgets is she saying they are bad and of no benefit? curious mind you are so small minded…

• Lizzie November 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Nice one Stella. can we just concentrate on the message being passed across for once?

• Silvia November 20, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Very true stella.nice one.

• Que November 20, 2013 at 6:02 PM

The worst part is being distracted without knowing it…..
      crazy! I’ve been lucky n den resolved to keep d gadgets away if it
      can wait, if it cant I find where to park well off d road n use it.
      We need to help ourselves cos God don try, n I hope he doesn’t
      stop.