Uganda President replies Barack Obama on his Reaction to the Anti-Gay Law

Yoweri Museveni & Barack Obama - February 2014 - BellaNaija 01

Yoweri Museveni replies POTUS.

A few days ago, President Barack Obama condemned Uganda’s anti-gay law, which he says is “a step backwards for all Ugandans”. If you missed it, click here to read.

Uganda President Yoweri Museveni released a statement on Obama’s reaction and his hopes that the law won’t affect  relationship with both countries.

Read
I have seen the statement H.E President Obama of the USA made in reaction to my statement that I was going to sign the anti-homosexual Bill, which I made at Kyankwanzi.

Before I react to H.E. Obama’s statement, let me, again, put on record my views on the issue of homo-sexuals (ebitiingwa, bisiyaga in some of our dialects).

Right from the beginning of this debate, my views were as follows:

1. I agreed with the MPs and almost all Ugandans that promotion of homosexuality in Uganda must be criminalized or rather should continue to be criminalized because the British had already done that;

2. those who agreed to become homosexuals for mercenary reasons (prostitutes) should be harshly punished as should those who paid them to be homosexual prostitutes; and

3. exhibitionism of homosexual behavior must be punished because, in this part of the World, it is forbidden to publicly exhibit any sexual conduct (kissing, etc) even for heterosexuals; if I kissed my wife of 41 years in public, I would lose elections in Uganda.

The only point I disagreed on with some of the Members of Parliament (MPs) and other Ugandans was on the persons I thought were born homosexual. According to the casual observations, there are rare deviations in nature from the normal. You witness cases like albinos (nyamagoye), barren women or men (enguumba), epa (breastless women) etc. I, therefore, thought that similarly there were people that were born with the disorientation of being attracted to the same sex. That is why I thought that that it was wrong to punish somebody on account of being born abnormal. That is why I refused to sign the Bill and, instead, referred it to our Party (the NRM) to debate it again. In the meantime, I sought for scientific opinions on this matter.

I am grateful to Ms. Kerry Kennedy of the USA who sent me opinions by scientists from the USA saying that there could be some indications that homosexuality could be congenital. In our conference, I put these opinions to our scientists from the Department of Genetics, the School of Medicine and the Ministry of Health. Their unanimous conclusion was that homosexuality, contrary to my earlier thinking, was behavioural and not genetic. It was learnt and could be unlearnt. I told them to put their signatures to that conclusion which they did. That is why I declared my intention to sign the Bill, which I will do. I have now received their signed document, which says there is no single gene that has been traced to cause homosexuality. What I want them to clarify is whether a combination of genes can cause anybody to be homosexual. Then my task will be finished and I will sign the Bill.

After my statement to that effect which was quoted widely around the World, I got reactions from some friends from outside Africa. Statements like: “it is a matter of choice” or “whom they love” which President Obama repeated in his statement would be most furiously rejected by almost the entirety of our people. It cannot be a matter of choice for a man to behave like a woman or vice-versa. The argument I had pushed was that there could be people who are born like that or “who they are”, according to President Obama’s statement.

I, therefore, encourage the US government to help us by working with our Scientists to study whether, indeed, there are people who are born homosexual. When that is proved, we can review this legislation. I would be among those who will spearhead that effort. That is why I had refused to sign the Bill until my premise was knocked down by the position of our Scientists.

I would like to discourage the USA government from taking the line that passing this law will “complicate our valued relationship” with the USA as President Obama said. Countries and Societies should relate with each other on the basis of mutual respect and independence in decision making.

“Valued relationship” cannot be sustainably maintained by one Society being subservient to another society. There are a myriad acts the societies in the West do that we frown on or even detest. We, however, never comment on those acts or make them preconditions for working with the West. Africans do not seek to impose their views on anybody. We do not want anybody to impose their views on us. This very debate was provoked by Western groups who come to our schools and try to recruit children into homosexuality. It is better to limit the damage rather than exacerbate it.

I thank everybody.

97 Comments on Uganda President replies Barack Obama on his Reaction to the Anti-Gay Law
  • @edDREAMZ February 24, 2014 at 11:40 am

This is serious… USA should stop meddling with other peoples privacy……
    ***CURRENTLY IN THE SUN***

• Troll February 24, 2014 at 11:51 am

Why are you always in the sun? Find shade nah. Life is too short for that kind of suffering abeg.

• lilttle flower rocker February 27, 2014 at 4:04 am

What if human rights are being violated?… just as in nazism and apartheid. I think the whole world should intervene :o..

• Annonymous February 24, 2014 at 11:41 am

Obama, to each his own please. Mind your business

• Troll February 24, 2014 at 11:54 am

*Anonymous. You’re welcome

• Troll February 24, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I have to admit that the Ugandan President has solid points here in as much as I’d like to disagree with him and his policies. And I wish I had the strength to argue this but I’m honestly tired of debating about homosexuality. I have other problems abeg, maybe next time.

• Anon February 24, 2014 at 11:03 pm

No, you shouldn’t be tired. Wait and make further arguments to perpetuate your fiendish passion. What’s Obama’s business in Uganda over gay right? Aren’t there so many good things he could do to better their lot other than pushing for the rights of these bestial beings called homosexuals? Perish the thought!

• Ashley B February 24, 2014 at 11:51 am

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!!!!!

Playing the flippin West @ their fucking game. ? Ugandan Scientists abi….. lol!!! kudos to u guys for taking a tough stance on ur scientific results n findings!! we (most) AFRICANS dont need homosexuality all up in our faces. If it must exist, let it b as before- UNDER-G!! if America wants to help UGANDA n indeed MOST OF AFRICA, let them come and make our leaders here in Nigeria for example, compulsorily use money from our 2014 budget to build and generate constant electricity for Nigeria n maintain it 4 d next 25 yrs. Maybe then folks can see the sense in tolerating homosexuality in the Community.
    Fucking bumrushers!!! D whole lot of them minus PUTIN

• Amaka February 25, 2014 at 12:22 am

Please allow me to say that i loove you…..

• whocares February 24, 2014 at 11:51 am

*sigh* People are missing the salient points here. Two points.
    1. Homosexuality is NOT a social group. It is NOT a “fad”, an institution, or organization. It is not fashionable, neither is it the 2in thing”. You cannot be “recruited”. I think the Ugandan President, and people in general should give other people more credit. Just because someone is gay does not mean I have to be. I know who I am and if I don’t roll that way I don’t roll that way… Simples. How can I feign sexual attraction to the opposite sex when I do not feel it? How can I be recruited then? Please tell me.
    2. The main problem with this law is not about what people decide to do or not do but the message the government is sending, and the actions it is backing. All of you screaming “American mind your business, we are Africans” conveniently forget the millions of people who have to suffer corrective rape, humiliation, and torture with no law to protect them. The people punish them because it is not “African” and now the government punishes them to..
    If you cannot see this, and realise it is not about the West and Africans, then I cant help you, no one else can.

• whocares February 24, 2014 at 12:19 pm

*too..

• waka waka February 24, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I think you are missing the point too. Whatever the rights and wrongs of homosexuality, attitudes toward and laws on homosexuality will not change on the continent until Africans believe it themselves. We cannot enact different laws just because America or the UK decides that we should do so. If they believe that said laws are wrong, then the right thing to do is to educate and/or persuade, open conversations about it and so on. All this castigation by western leaders to the point where cameron had the audacity to say that ‘rights for homosexuals should be a condition of aid’ has echoes of schoolyard bullying to me. In fact, I would go as far as to say it speaks to an old imperial superiority complex which has no place in the modern world. Our cultures and beliefs are our cultures and beliefs. When that changes, we will let the west know, simples! Until then, western leaders should please shut it and park it somewhere! After all, we dont turn around to western countries and castigate them on their mode of dress or lack of family views amongst other things.

• waka waka February 24, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Values*

• whocares February 24, 2014 at 1:27 pm

My argument goes beyond the enactment of laws waka waka.. I asked you to consider how this law will affect people that already suffer. You did not do that. If as you said Africans have a poor notion of homosexuals, then we can both agree that people suffer jungle justice. So why should a government pass a law that enables these people to continue suffering? That is my question. Punitive laws like these set African nations back and that is why countries like the US can seek to impose economic sanctions. How can we look ourselves in the face and say Africa is growing etc when we still pass laws that blatantly discriminates and harm people who are effectively innocent? In the Nigerian case, our anti-gay law is in direct contrast to the section in the Nigerian constitution that demands “equality and non- discrimination” for all. Yet the constitution was not in any way amended to pave way for this law.
        Yes it is bullying but can you honestly tell me there is no just cause for it? How many people stood up against the Russian law and are still doing that? Nations will hit the countries where it will hurt the most and for Uganda and most African nations that is economic aid.. I am not moved by your arguments of passing laws to please the Western Nation etc.. You have simply overlooked the fact that this is not simply politics.. Obama is not asking him to approve gay marriage or anything to that effect. He is asking him to not CRIMINALISE homosexualism.. He can pass any other law. Homosexuals may not get married, but what purpose does life imprisonment serve anyone? Further who in their right mind would “choose” to be gay in Africa considering the persecution that will follow?
        I have to admit though the response of the Ugandan Government.. not bad, but I do not agree with that law (You should also look into the fact that the West first introduced the anti-gay law into Ugandan constitution, and it was Western evangelists that led the clamour for criminalisation…If you are arguing that the West take a seat, I am afraid they cant.. they have been in this right from the beginning)

• Sandi February 24, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Thank you for this. The West has decided to use the homosexuality debate as a platform to push their colonial mentality on us. The African nations are sovereign and cannot be bullied into enacting laws that the populace do not support simply because the West threatens us. We are NOT their slaves. They are NOT our masters, we do not have to enact laws according to THEIR wants.

• ali February 25, 2014 at 12:59 am

Corret! Waka waka I dey feel u!

• Jane Public February 24, 2014 at 1:51 pm

No matter how well meaning your intentions, it is still as clear as day the hypocrisy of the West. I would like them to take on the Middle East, oh wait. No they won’t. They conveniently keep quiet and pretend they don’t know they also have strict anti gay laws. If it is okay for them, it is not okay for Africa right? I can see that money and oil are the currencies in which World Powers operate.
      I would like them to take on Russia, ooops, that aint happening. Western media, Human rights organisations, arm chair twitter and facebook activists etc, can make noise and complain about Russia’s policies, but guess what? THE GOVERNMENTS of the UK and the US in their official capacities, don’t take the stand against Russia, that they take with Africa. Why didn’t they insist that their delegates will not participate in the Winter Olympics, since they are so disgusted by Russia’s law, errrrrr, last I checked, those countries still participated. Obama and Cameron are facing Africa in their capacities as President and Prime Minister but with Russia, I don’t hear any penalities being enacted. Ooooooh, I wonder why? NOT.
      China has the worst human rights laws in the world but waaaaaait, hold it right there, the world and their mother are kissing China’s arse. Human beings are not suffering in China too, or Gays in Russia are not suffering. May I continue?
      I am not entering the gay debate, as I have mentioned to you previously, I am just attacking their Bully-ish modus operandi. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. If your hands are as dirty as sin itself, shut the hell up and FACE YOUR WORK. I don’t like Bullies, never liked them. We teach our children not to be bullies, we teach them to stand up against bullies, but when americana’s and briticos play bully’s we should just roll over and let them because “they know better” and we don’t. Errrr, NO. Barrack onise face your work o

• Jane Public February 24, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Oh, let me add North Korea too. Wait, can I hear Obama’s speech. Let me tune up the volume of my TV set to see if he will say anything. Let me know when he does

• whocares February 24, 2014 at 2:34 pm

You may be right about America’s hypocrisy, but we Africans are even more so. This culture and beliefs that I have been hearing .. would someone like to explain this in a way that is solely African and doesn’t involve the influence of the West? Why have we chosen the issue of homosexuality to express our strong Africaness and not other pertinent issues that clearly need the strong arm of the law? This is why the West can talk. We are eroding fundamental rights in a bid to make a stand against the West when really we could do that with other issues in our society, but we are not. And that is what I don’t understand with the whole “well done sir” you are all doing.. Could we not fight this West/ African battle on another platform? Like someone rightly said Terrorism is there we haven’t done, rape no, but a situation where we hear news of people’s inhumanity and brutality the Government of African Nations decide to flex their muscles by enabling cruel treatments?
        America may be bullying a nation, but Africa Nations are bullying their own people and turning them to scape goats and that is worse. we are essentially cutting our noses to spite our face..

Russia.. The UK and the US government have not been entirely silent, neither have people.. Islamic nations are clearly that.. Islamic and have been from the on-set. To intrude into their homosexual law would be to go against the basic foundation of their laws and no one has been entirely silent on that front either… Ugandan is secular so religion does not play a huge role in law making.

• Bibi February 26, 2014 at 9:29 am

I agree with you @Jane Public. The U.S frowns against Polygamy but we accept because it is ‘african’. Why can’t we make african laws? It is another thing to argue that the law is harsh but I say “IF ANY COUNTRY WANTS TO MAKE ANY LAW, LET THEM”. The citizens can fight against something they don’t want. Saudi Arabia has some laws we are not fond of but they are left alone. STOP INTERFERING!!!

• Jane Public February 24, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Just checking, so bullying is accepted if it is coming from America, but Africans are not allowed to bully their own people. Riiiiiiight? I get you now. In that same vain, using your arguement, since it is okay for Americans to be hypocrites, then Africans should be allowed to be hypcrites too. No? I am not putting words in your fingers o. You said it.
      “You may be right about America’s hypocrisy” – interpretation: you are not upset about their hypocrisy, you actualy accept that I am right about that, but hey it’s okay, you will let it slide.
      “America may be a bullying nation” – interpretation: same as above, but yeah, yeah, it is the great ol’ US of A, they get free pass to be a bully. There is no worse here my dear. If it is not okay for Africans to bully their own people (it is worse in your words), so why is it okay for America to be a bullying nation?
      I would like you to explain that to a child. Sweetheart, bullying is okay in certain circumstances. if you have an ideology that you think it is right, it doesn’t matter if the other person doesn’t agree with you. Just make sure you are on the side of the more powerful team, then you can bully away. When you strip it down to the barest basics, your analogy can also be used to teach a child about bullying. No?
      Please, the eye service the UK and the US governments are doing against Russia’s anti gay laws is what you are calling “The UK and the US government have not been entirely silent” Seriously? Major eyerolling for you o.
      You now ended with issue about Islamic states. How convenient. Mind you, your argument can be twisted by BH supporters to justify their horrible acts. When according to you, it is okay for Religion to be left alone to victimse humans beings, gay people in this instance (the laws in the middle east are much harsher), then what is the entire point of your argument again?

• whocares February 24, 2014 at 4:14 pm

, “but Africans are not allowed to bully their own people”.. African nations and leaders can defend themselves.. who is defending the people when their own governments is against them? I have not read the rest of what you wrote because I cannot move past this. This sentence is the problem. we are so intent on hating the US (which I hate too. on a normal day I do not care much for America and its administrations) and being African and proud we let people suffer. That is the problem. Are you trying to tell me African leaders cannot get other source of aid besides the US, or as a sovereign state they cannot survive without the west? They can.. But who helps the people? In Nigeria where having a simple support group is punishable by prison terms, who helps the people? This Africa you are painting is not a world I want to be a part of.

Please do not twist my statement to be what it is not.. I pointed out why it is complicated to intrude in Islamic states, did you not put the Middle East as one of your examples? It is complicated does not mean people have by any means been silent. But Uganda has no religion on which to rely on.. For hoe long have African countries fought for Democracy.. How please tell me is the law democratic? Yes I condone the bullying in this instance if you chose to call it that because it is necessary.. America has said do not sign the bill because it criminalises something that should not be criminal. If the Ugandan bill or any other anti-gay bill simply stated “same sex marriage will not be recognised as legal” and left it at that and America was making a fuss then I would take the same stance you are.. but it is more than that, and if it takes bullying to acknowledge people that are suffering that you all choose to ignore, then let it bully on. We are all hypocrites in this sense.. Africa and America alike.

• Sandi February 24, 2014 at 11:23 pm

I love you. NO HOMO!!!

But the West is actually trying to take on Russia, this is happening through the current Ukraine situation, if Ukraine falls to their hands which is already happening (Just like Egypt, Syria, et al), Russia will be weakened and when Russia is weakened they will take on the Islamic States. I pray Russia isn’t weakened. I like Russians.

• rockstar flower February 27, 2014 at 4:47 am

No country should be bullying their own people. PERIOD.no need for more complexities. This is #whocares point. You dont choose to be homosexual. It is not genetic, scientific evidence shows it has an in-utero hormonal or immunological basis. Even if socialization may have some role, it is NOT the main determinant of sexual orientation and sexual orientation can not be modified. Homosexuality exists in humans and many other animal species. (Modesty and discretion is something i am in favor of, though, both for heterosexual and homosexuals) Homosexuality is not a disease, homophobia is, because it is the latter which causes harm and death. Its not about the U.S., IT IS ABOUT HUMAN RIGHTS.

• Bibi February 26, 2014 at 9:16 am

I’m sure recruitment mentioned in his statement hardly refers to job recruitment. Maybe another word should have been used but I understand his ‘recruitment’ point. In my days in secondary school, we had seniors who will tell you to observe their homosexual acts and tell you to practise afterwards with a known homo or you will be punished. Not only in the girls’ hostels but even in the boys’ hostels too where senior boys wake the juniors and perform ‘initiation rites’. When they need you, they call. I’m saying that is another form of ‘recruitment’. Why should we makes laws giving them rights because the west made them? I’m a staunch supporter of protecting human rights but what are we protecting here?! Homosexuals have been around and they have been underground. I don’t think going about announcing you are gay is a fundamental human right. Since they have not been denied essential rights i.e freedom of speech, right to vote, e.t.c, we still breathe the same air, and I don’t go around announcing I’m heterosexual, They shouldn’t also put theirs in my face.
      All said, as long as i don’t have anybody in my inner circle who says she/he is homosexual, I rest my case.

• Ruby February 24, 2014 at 12:05 pm

I love this president…Well done sir.

• bimpe February 24, 2014 at 12:22 pm

I thank the good lord that this president speaks out and states his point. Obama seems to carry this homosexuality issue on his head meddling in the affairs of other countries. If America wants to help other young nations, it should not be a trade by barter thing especially when its to the detriment of the younger Nation. This hegemony must stop!

• InCotonou February 24, 2014 at 12:25 pm

@Whocares. Thank you for being one of the few people who put reason above blind emotion in this debate. Most people are incapable of separating the issues in this matter. It is not about whether you hate gays, or if they make you uncomfortable, or if it’s unChristian, unNatural or unAfrican. The real issue is about the government’s right to legislate how people should live their lives. And please, don’t start with the paedophilia references. Most reported and convicted paedophiles and rapists are heterosexual. For those that are happy with the law because it agrees with how they feel about gays, they should remember that not all of their values and choices are approved by everyone. For thoe that claim it is unChristian, how would they like to live in a country that imposes Islamic law? These are the same arguments that those countries use; the Holy Book. For those that claim it’s unNatural, would they approve if the government legislated against in-vitro fertilization, fertility treatments etc… these are not necessarily “natural”. Let me not even start about the argument about unAfrican. It is funny that many so called Africans should use this and claim that it defines us against the West. before the White man came to our shores, there was no Africa. Each of us belonged to a tribe that had another name, and there were thousand of them. Can we seriously claim that we know for certain that homosexuality was not practiced in any of these tribes?

• PH Boy February 24, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Very intelligent answer. Obama should go and pack far! I for one do not think the 14yrs is fair. Culprits should instead be confirmed to mental institutions as they are definitely not well or have one of this new generations white garment churches to fog it out of them.
    No weapon fashioned against our yarsh shall prosper!

• Jane Public February 24, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Uncle Barrack Obama, face your work o. Obama Onise, face your work o, don’t come and now be imposing your views on anyone o. In the words of that woman, MTN did not use to call their customers like that. Uncle Barrack, USA did not use to tell the Middle East and Russia what to do o. Despite Russia’s anti gay laws, the winter olmpics still went ahead. Face your work o. A country that has gone through one of the worst aspects of history (the slave trade, racism etc), should know better than not to impose their wishes on anyone or be a bully. I am sure the White slave masters would also have had their reasons for what they did. Uncle Obama, face your work o. ““Valued relationship” cannot be sustainably maintained by one Society being subservient to another society. There are a myriad acts the societies in the West do that we frown on or even detest. We, however, never comment on those acts or make them preconditions for working with the West. Africans do not seek to impose their views on anybody. We do not want anybody to impose their views on us. ” – Beautifully written.

• Matty February 28, 2014 at 6:20 pm

When Western Leaders and Americas start withdrawing funding to Uganda because of the Anti homo bill, this reveals clearly that they have no respect for Africans as being sovreign states but some slaves nations to exploit because they can not do without us. Ofcourse we all need each other but as President Museveni replied to President Obama, we should be respected and deal with each on equal terms. Do not forget wealth shifts with generations; once in history the Greeks, then the Romans, bla, bla bla, Americans, chinese on the way who knows when Africa will come. Can the Americans treat the Arab Muslim coutries like this?????
      Please stop hiding behind human rights and tell us how u started being a homo!!!!

• ContessaVlad February 24, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Another day of gay bashing an people spewing hate for one another? c’mon what can be so bad about gay people? I haven’t even met any gay person in Naija (they are all on the DL) so why all this shout shout? I’m tired of folks acting like homosexuality is the only sin and acting as if Sodom and Gomorrah were the only city God destroyed in the bible. Enough is enough abeg, if gay people offecd God then let’s leave them to God to judge them, just because your sin is ‘legal’ means you’re any better. Shame on all you African leaders who have prioritzed sexual orientation over fighting poverty, wars, genocide, drought, famine etc that has plagued our great continent. Lets see if banning homosexuality is going to make us more holier or help solve more pressing issues that affect the common man. I agree to outlawing same sex marriages but criminalizing an adult for choosing another adult of the same sex based on morals and religion is just wrong. I’m a born again Christian and I always ask myself what Jesus would have done in this situation, would he have happily clap as they send ‘deviants’ to jail or would he extend a hand of mercy with understanding?

PLEASE I WANT A WEEK WITHOUT GAY BASHING, BLEACHERS E-STONING, NATURAL HAIR VS RELAXED HAIR WEEKLY WARFARE AND TOKE MAKINWA YABBING!

• Bleed Blue February 24, 2014 at 1:30 pm

And the people say AMEN!!!

Love your comment Contessa. E-hugs

• ContessaVlad February 24, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Thanks Bleed Blue. I’m just tired of all the hate. It’s not a good way to start the week.

• Olori Tari February 24, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Preach sister, preach it. Can we all just be positive for once ? A week without bashing would do. Haba, these homosexuals are not picking on you for being heterosexual, why then are they constantly being bashed ? Toke Makinwa is bleaching (everyday bashing)..I haven’t read anywhere that she bashed someone for NOT bleaching or being dark skinned. So what exactly is the problem ? Not like these examples above are responsible for hurting anyone or anybody in the society…I would have said, okay it’s alright for people to keep bashing them, perhaps they’ll change their ways. Human beings always find a way to justify evil and it’s rather sad that, they use the book that is rooted in LOVE (BIBLE), to support the reasons for their hate, discrimination and evil. The worst part is this people don’t bash once for a particular thing and drop it, they keep revisiting the chapter over and over again. Haba, LIVE AND LET LIVE people. You sure wouldn’t die.

• Tee February 24, 2014 at 12:51 pm

• Tee February 24, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Eyah!!What did Obama say to Putin? E go fit try am sef, and his hypocrite jewish brother Branson,bet he’s withdrawn his businesses from the middleeast.People around me thought I was crazy when I didn’t support Obama,my spirit didn’t go with him one day.watch out guys,this is just the beginning.So *** is behavioural and has nothing to do with genetics,since they can undo it,my advise is that they go for deliverance and ask God for mercy,d same thing an adulterer and fornicator would do,for those comparing the sin.Let them seek God’s face too.I have no right to condemn anyone or judge but do the right thing before God.

• ContessaVlad February 24, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Did you just refer to something as Jewish in a derogatory way? Are you anti-semitic? Hmmmm

• nene February 24, 2014 at 7:51 pm

how e take confer u? are u jewish? nigerians and their oversaw

• Sandi February 24, 2014 at 11:26 pm

You must be one of those people who think anyone who criticises Obama’s politics must be racist, even if they’re black. Anything said that doesn’t sweeten the mouth must be racist

• dma February 24, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Plain Stupid!!! this is what happens when you have an illiterate as president! It has to be in Africa were else????

• Ayo February 24, 2014 at 1:01 pm

This is a mature and reasonable response that mirrors my view

• Ola February 24, 2014 at 1:20 pm

kudos to the president, he actually replied like a learned person. i’m sure GEJ didnt do any research like this before signing the anti-gay bill here. at leaast, i can sense compassion for the people from the president, however he just does not want to promote homosexuality.

with that said, i don’t know which scientists the ugandan president used but various other scientific reports online about homosexuality and genetics seem to establish a connection. they argue that various factors could affect the genes that in turns affects sexual orientation…

we will now wait for the other report by the US scientist (if anyone bothers) if it would indeed counter the president’s own. fingers crossed!

• Me Full Ground February 24, 2014 at 1:34 pm

MUSEVENI, Well done. Brilliant response, brilliant foundation for his position. Let the western scientists who claimed that being homo is inborn trace and isolate the gene. They think Africa will remain the dumb continent that they can just dictate to and cook up some funny and perverted scientific theories to confuse us. Obama and co are now sounding so foolish with the satanic agenda of recruiting the world for the anti-Christ. Those brainwashed Africans who believe that anything from the western world is right, I say shame unto to you. You all now reason with your “down-below-at-the-back”. Go and give Obama your down-below-at-the-back then and leave us the trues sons of Africa alone.

• Miss_Flygerian February 24, 2014 at 1:39 pm

The last paragraph is everything. The US needs to learn to stay out of people’s businesses.

• Blossom February 24, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Lol… If the west are so keen on allowing homosexuality why aren’t they keen on eradication other issues in Africa from a governmental stand point.. Or because they don’t have any interest and will not gain anything with homosexuality. Whilst I don’t support the law against gays and I think it’s harsh.. But Biko this must not be brought into our continent. God help us all.

• miss February 24, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Pray tell, what is the difference between this and the arizonal bill. edition.cnn.com/2014/02/21/us/arizona-anti-gay-bill/

• Mae February 24, 2014 at 2:23 pm

THIS is how you make a statement as a leader of a sovereign state.

• X- Factor February 24, 2014 at 2:46 pm

GBAM!!!!!!!!
    Now this is how a leader reacts, Intelligent Submissions based on founded theories and principles.. (this is past the mediocre level of Abati, Okupe and Reno omokri)

• Bella February 24, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Bravo Mr President, in Africa please we don’t want this shakara o. they can do it there in USA and leave it there for is here we are v fine o. all those gays or practising it they must fit well leave Africa for good!

• Bella February 24, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Well said Mr President. This is a very good response. This is very simple, don’t come to my home and tell me how to discipline my children. We are neighbors but what goes on in your house is none of my darnbusiness, USA should mind their own o and leave Africa well enough alone. Let them speak to Russia and ASia about this gayism issue before they come here. we aint budging … This is our law and as it is our culture to slaughter animals in death and celebration, it is who we are, and gays will not live and do well here if they go public. Be Warned we value our children o.

• Felinda1 February 24, 2014 at 3:49 pm

USA (obama) why dont you go to Middle East, Russia and North Korea and tell them to approve gay marriage and all that nonsense.

Americans know whom to fcuk with and whom not to fck with. They are scared of Middle East Russsia and North Korea so they know not to fck with them.It is only africans they always want to impose stuff on.

Obama i double dare you to write a letter to Russia, Saudi Arabia or Iran and NOrth Korea and tell them you want them to have gay rights on their land.

Mtherfckers

• Mo February 24, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I love the fact that the president of Uganda makes his point clearly and intelligently. We need more leaders that can express themselves in a professional and intelligent manner with out ruffling any feathers.

• Author Unknown February 24, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Hmm. To think I thought BN had a more educated following.

• KRO February 24, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Genetic Keh? hmmm

• Olori Tari February 24, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Smh at these comments. This is rather sad. I’m even more heartbroken with the amount of people thinking this is a great reply or thing. I just don’t know mahn. who are these gay people hurting again ??

• Gingerpuss February 24, 2014 at 7:17 pm

My sister I tire. No gay person has hurt me it my loved ones directly. Don’t understand the well done sirs I’ve been reading from people commenting. I’ve tried to hate gay people but I haven’t been able to do so. I believe as a Christian the love of the Father is in me so it’s difficult for me to hate. I just cannot hate them, believe me I tried to. Isn’t one of the fruits of the Spirit love? People please where is the love? Do some of you know that the whites used the bible to justify slavery? The bible actually supports slavery but do we go around enslaving people? No because we know it’s morally wrong. Our African culture support slavery too so why aren’t we promoting that part of our ‘great African culture’ we are so quick to bring up in this argument?

• kisadha leo February 24, 2014 at 7:24 pm

With this squander chance allow me say very wise is President Museven (who is currently in hands of God) for all what he is doing because even king DAVID believed in him and fought goriath .How comes a boss gives money and puts conditions on how to use it at your home , that one means he is becoming the master of your home. Obama is intelligent enough to be told that home sexuality is a habit not genetical . if obama thinks there are genes in inherited for home sexuality we never in inherited any and from who now. Therefore our president thank u for being a good lecturer of the whites a bout genes and God will make you win because this time round your doing the right thing at the right time and in God’s favor i only request to you stand firm next time and look at corruption and emblesslement of public funds because in many occasions you loose potentials because of the same . I will be filled with glee if the point is driven home because it will be a step a head not a step back as obama is arrogantly putting it forward.

• Sabisabi February 24, 2014 at 8:07 pm

May Goodluck also carry out educational reforms so people like you can get better education. Bet it’s too late for you.

• Freddie H February 25, 2014 at 12:29 am

Well, well, the unbelievable stupidity and backwardness you Africans exhibit towards the subject of ‘homosexuality’. First off, how can you ever RELIABLY determine the social (or for that matter, the bio-genetic) origins of sexual identity of preference in general? My god, where do you begin? Tell me, please. The problem here is the age-old ‘Nature or Nurture position’ you’re taking. Take any psychological characteristic you want, be it sexual preference, athletic prowess, eating habits or love for the exact sciences. In all these instances it would be absolutely impossible to (dependably) determine the EXACT part either genetics or social conditioning should be granted. So I think it does not make any sense to say homosexuality is the result of a distinct type of upbringing and/or social circumstances in general. Where is your HARD evidence? All I see here amounts to opinions based on hear-say or African village lore. I challenge you to come up with objective research results validating the notion of either genetic or social causes of (homo and hetero)sexuality alike, by the way. It’s an instance of purely primitive thinking, to uphold such such utterly simplistic and unwarranted ‘pseudo wisdom’. This is the 21st century, an age of collective responsibility for the rights of vulnerable and powerless folk, the world over. Imagine Western Leaders saying< you Africans take care of your own affairs: we've got nothing to do with you AIDS epidemic of your massive poverty and unemployment problems. Sort out your own messy misery, please. Would be terrific, eh? What do you think. Well, I myself are eternally grateful not to have been born on that horrific continent, thank you. I can tell you, I'm black myself, but I'm fully ashamed of my African heritage What a curses, wretched continent. The massive corruption, the incredible amount of abuse of women and children, the superstition and religious fanaticism, uggh! I'm a black European and very proud to be. Amen
      Furthermore, President Obama has every right in the world to defend the rights of gay people.

• Black Mamba February 25, 2014 at 2:47 am

Hey Freddie, opinions are like assholes, everyone has got one. I wouldn’t be surprised if you are of a different race, claiming to be a “european black”, but whatever you are, you better stay put in your “beautiful Europe” where everything is great! Wink, wink, that’s where you belong, and please don’t set your foot in this our “Wretched continent” as expressed by you, because if you do, it will eat you alive.

• prince March 1, 2014 at 7:00 am

he has every right in america not in africa. we detest your peverted ways. dont forget we africans live highly on moral dscipline and our still follow our ancestors. gays can live in america we dont care but in africa we cant let them. they will spoil our children and wldnt want to have a gay child. kudos kwame nkrumah, yoweri museveni, obasanjo, e.t.c lead as God pleases. after all we can live without aid but have healthy, moral children to make us happy. the west is so immoral it stinks. havent seen a male animal goat or cow go with a male cow. please the west you must joking or absolutely satanic

• Freddie H March 30, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Good Graciousness Kisadha, why don’t you start taking a really good course in English grammar and spelling. Your command of the language is so horrible that one wonders whether you’ve even had any elementary education. Shame on you and stop bothering us with your nonsensical ‘opinion’ on gay sex. Go educate yourself in the first place.

• GEB February 24, 2014 at 10:20 pm

First of all I would like to apologize for our president Obama. This is one of the first times I’ve been embarressed at being called an American. President Museveni makes many excellent points in his response to our president’s ignorant comments, that I don’t need to embellish upon, however it is important to note that the USA has embraced this homosexual lifesyle, based on various selfish reason instead of the truth, and we as well as Uganda have not proven that homosexuality is genetic instead of behavioral, it is also important to realize that Mr Obama has been “in bed” so to speak with the homosexual community here for some time, and owes them many favors for helping him secure his elections. He is as far away from the Christian religion that he “claims” he embraces as anyone can get, and I would go as far as to say he is anti-Christian (just because you go into a barn once in a while, does not make you a cow. You must demonstrate your faith in the things you stand for that is in conjunction with what the bible teaches). It was so refreshing to hear from not just a president of a country that is actually interested in the welfare of his people (that’s rare in itself now a days) but a Man of God determined to please God instead of man. President Museveni, continue your walk of righteousness, continue to trust in the Lord with all your heart, and He will direct your path. You were born for such a time as this. God bless you and yours.

• omada February 24, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Okay now that Uganda and Nigeria have proven to the world that we are beacons of morality and uprightness (holds laugh), can we tackle corruption? Abi dat one na African culture?

• Black Mamba February 25, 2014 at 3:05 am

While I think making laws to stop people from loving whomever they like is plain wrong, I think it’s also wrong for any nation to impose their own belief on other independent nations. With that said, I think like some Middle Eastern and African cultures allow men to have multiple wives as their culture allows, I would like us to propose to the United States and Europe to change their laws to allow people coming from these regions to marry more than one wife as they religion or culture allows them to do while living in America or Europe. Not until they change their laws to accommodate that, they have no right to tell other nations what laws are right for them. After all, what is good for the goose, is good………….., you know the rest!

• Freddie H February 25, 2014 at 7:14 pm

You’re really blabbing total nonsense. Let me explain: allowing folk, male folk that, to marry more than one (female) person will only add to the economic and socio-graphic problems already rampant the US and Europe. Many more mouths to feed, further rise of unemployment and housing problems. You name it. What you propose would the stupidest thing to do nowadays, in the 21st century. There are already too many human beings around on this planet, as it is, contributing to the many conflicts, outright wars and rising criminality, ravaging the urban areas all over the world. So, please use your brain for a change, if you’ve got one, that is… Besides, do you agree with the notion of not only men taking more than one wife, but women picking several husbands, just as they please? Ha, ha,, yes I don’t think you’ll agree with that. Your medieval attitude, not only toward gays, but in regard to women as well fully bespeaks your primitive, African mentality, if I may say so!!! Voila. Give my regard to you hypocritical president.

• Araba February 25, 2014 at 10:12 am

After reading all the comments here, nothing irks me more than the two comments posted by Freddie H and Author Unknown, who are basically under rating BN readers and Africans in general. For Freddie H, the proud black European, you are a second class citizen in whichever little backwater European town where you find yourself. Had homosexuality been practised by only poor black people, the gay rights movement would never have seen the light of day. Race issues are more important in the US. Than all this pro- gay crap but do you hear Barack saying anything about the subject? No he and Cameron and others of their ilk are forcing this issue down our throats. And we have deluded ‘black European’ trash telling us how stupid we are because we refuse to bow to this b.s

• Freddie H February 25, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Ha, you should hear me laughing here behind my desk in beautiful, spring-like Amsterdam. Second class citizen you say? No way, my dear I’m a hard working gay psychologist, who is actually enjoying lots and lots of freedom and prosperity in this gayest of towns around the globe. Envious, aren’t you, my dear? And oh yes, I shouldn’t forget: if you want to meet 2nd class citizens, just hop over to the Muslim areas in your own and other African villages and towns as a Christian and see for yourself. Not to mention (the position of) women in general in your fancy African societies. Wow! No, my man, I think your Lord somewhere there in heaven (if he exists at all), must have had a very, very bad day, when he decided to let Africa and its inhabitants see the light of day. No wonder so many Africans are running away from that accursed continent, even at the risk of drowning somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea. Jeez.

• JimCricket February 25, 2014 at 10:26 am

Between 25 to 30% of Uganda’s annual budget comes from overseas aid. The citizens of the donor countries have a right to have a say over whether they want their tax money spent supporting a government that not only has a track record of stealing aid money, but now seeks to make lawful the persecution of minority groups.

In addition, gay people, their parent, friends and their supporter in donor countries all pay tax, part of which is used for overseas aid. The president of Uganda seems to want the freedom to insult not only these people, but the societies in which they live, whilst at the same time recieving their money – this is surely the definition of hypocracy.

• ESTIMO February 25, 2014 at 1:14 pm

H.E you made me proud to be ugandan

• Freddie H February 25, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Yeah, proud of a cowardly “leader” condoning untold cruelty and injustice towards citizens who could contribute excellently to the development of this miserably underdeveloped joke of a country. O. lest I forget, did you hear that toe-crunching remark your genius (….) Museveni make in front of the camera’s (and I quote), ‘yes, it’s a serious matter, what with all the beautiful women out there, whilst there are men who still dare to love men.’
      Yeah, great, eh, as if women were some kind of commodity in a department store ready to be picked by men needing some fine pastime fun and pleasure. Ah, well, Africa…..

• Hmmmm February 25, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Well, your sisters, daughters, grand daughters and nieces will end up marrying these homosexuals. Live and let live #IJS

• Freddie H February 25, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Oh yes, quite clearly (heterosexual) marriage without love or mutual attraction should be considered morally superior to genuine love between two men or women….
      My god, talk about stupidity and cruelty in your country!!!!

• Non professional opinion March 30, 2014 at 9:34 am

Poor Freddie! This issue has got you so pressed, you couldn’t see this person was on your side LMAO!

• Freddie H February 25, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Oh yes foreign leaders and NGO’s shouldn’t meddle in your affairs, of course, but only WHEN IT SUITS YOU. When you’re in dire need of more money for your so-called leaders to line their ocean deep pockets, Western folk seem to be more than welcome. And you blab about hypocrisy? Come on, you’re a full DISGRACE TO ALL OF AFRICA. Righteousness you say? Ha, don’t make me laugh, indeed. Instead of going out of your way to help folk IN YOUR COUNTRY who really need your aid such as the poor (poverty levels in Uganda rank amongst the HIGHEST GLOBALLY), battered women and children and put an end to CORRUPTION, so rampant in Africa, you continue screaming about homosexuality, with gay people, mind you, representing a mere six to seven percent of the entire population!!! Can you imagine? Your stance on this matter is so unbelievably stupid and barbaric, that I was really at a loss for words when I first learned about your newest ridiculous law. And then I thought: well, of course, post-colonial Africa again. Ah yes, The British did a terrific job of forcing their biblical nonsense down your willing throats. Yeah, those brainless niggers will swallow whatever idiocy you care to throw in frontof their feet, won’t they? Whatever ape will refuse a handful of (even half rotten) banana’s, after all.
    You’re absolutely right: I won’t even dream of setting a single toe in your country, or any of the 38 ( or thereabouts) anti-gay ex-colonies on your continent. Thank you very much.

• Non professional opinion March 30, 2014 at 9:44 am

Phew… That’s a relief, because you sound like an insufferable twat, and gay people have enough to deal with, without being locked up with you for 14yrs.

• Arin February 25, 2014 at 3:53 pm

I wonder why America and Barack Obama! won’t just mind their business. No one is harassing them about legalizing polygamy ,why won’t they just stop. I wonder how legalizing gay marriage In other countries will change the price of fish in the market. Hian! Am tired of his topic .NEXT!!!

• Heaven February 25, 2014 at 6:12 pm

While some people are born to greatness, some are pushed to it. Necessity is the mother of Invention, Let them take away their aid, I think its time for Africans to seize whatever economic justification the ‘WESTERN WORLD IS USING TO IMPOSE THEIR PERCEPTIONS OF SOCIAL RELATIONSHIP’ Let us now concentrate on building our economies to a super state where we react to moral issues as equal partners not like the saying ‘he who pays the piper, dictates the tone’. We might think we are not ready yet, but we never will be if we are not forced to. We all know where the so called aid goes to anyway in Nigeria.
    While I dont particularly care whether another person loves the opposite or same sex, I have an opinion about it when forced to take sides. This gay ‘right’ thing had to be tackled and given a stamp of criminality because they are pushing it down our throats for acceptance. If they hid it like the did before now, they woudnt have found themselves in this mess that has backfired.
    We all have secret fetish fantasies, Imagine if we let it all lose as a ‘right!’
    They are entitled to their opinion and I am entitled to mine. Mine echoes the majority’s.

• Young February 26, 2014 at 4:53 am

i think the Ugandan preaident has taken a solid stand. but here’s the problem. as dumb as other african leaders are,no one is going to support him.Now if the US is giving aid to Uganda because it want Uganda to be its puppet then i think that’s just sad for the Obama administration.What does Obama mean by “strain relationship with Uganda….” We have values,and stuff should not be imposed on Africans.Bravo Uganda. Shame on you Obama shame on You USA ! ! !

• Freddie H February 26, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Ha, ha, Ugandans already are the Full-blown puppets of American (Right Wing) Evangelicals who keep spreading their Biblical Nonsense and Filth all over Sub-Saharan Africa, now that they are rapidly loosing ground in the U S in general. These idiots have nothing better to do than pick bible quotes here and there to deeply intimidate and scare those poor black sods who can’t think for themselves anyway, or so these evangelical morons think: Believe in your lord Jesus and repent, because the Kingdom of God is imminent.’
    Ha, imminent, my foot. We’ve been hearing this lame insanity for centuries already and mankind is still alive and kicking; the planet is still turning round and round and round. Where is god’s so-called glorious Kingdom? So, OK, these Americans are cunning VULTURES who should be kicked out of the African asap. Because, what do you think? Whilst spewing their biblical Fairy Tales in the Africans’ faces, they help their Sleazy Industrial Buddies score bundles of contracts for decades to come. Yeah, talk about turning yourself into a willing puppet of smart Industrial Companies. And, that Mega-hypocrite Museveni won’t forget to grab a few millions for himself and his friends around town in the meantime. Hallelujah, praise the Lord. Yeah, that’s civilized Africa at the start of the 21st century, folks. Get out your tissues and cry!

• Daouda M. February 26, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Hahaha!!!! Socalled black America’s president Obama fighting for his position saying that
    Fighting for world. why don’t you talk about unemployment
    Issues in your country America, Americans are crying day and night. Instead talking
    talking about those kind of unGodless, nasty and irreligious things. If you believe what in
    the bible or quran, what is the version in these holy books that tells you about the right of
    Gays. Is toooooooo nasty to talk about it.

• Freddie H February 26, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Indeed, IF you believe in the Bible or the Koran. But to me they’re both TOTALLY UNTRUSTWORTHY AND MISLEADING tomes; books very good for a Gullible, Medieval type of folk (folk you’ll still find in the Middle East and all over Africa, I’m sorry to say), but most certainly not for modern people who care to use their brain sand think for themselves. It angers and saddens me no end to see how people’s lives are ruined by all the complete nonsense from the bible as well as the Koran. As I’ve said earlier ignorance and stupidity reign the brains of the majority of Africa’s and the Middle East’s populations, so what can you say? If you live in the West, be very, very glad and bless your luck, because you’ll be spared a whole lot of misery and injustice.

• neola March 7, 2014 at 3:19 pm

For someone with a day job, you seem to have so much time on your hands……..good for you that you ar an atheist, just remember that when you die, i will be there to stick my tongue out for you not believing.. that will be so funny….sweetheart repent fast

• zimbabwean February 27, 2014 at 9:16 am

Yes, we Africans may have a lot to learn from the West economically, but they have a lot to learn from us morally

• Freddie H February 27, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Ha, I’m laughing my socks off: a lot to learn from Africans?? You must be joking. Learn about mass corruption? Senseless ethnic wars, abuse of women and children? Incredible superstition and gullibility? Come on, well nigh every sense of the word Africans still live in the Stone Age: dubious or outright bad morality, hideous living conditions and poor education. No my dear, Africa has a long, long way to go till the attainment of even a modicum of civilization. And it’s precisely ‘leaders’ such as Museveni, Mugabe and the likes that are preserving its despicably backward status.

• Bennie Spiegel February 27, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Maybe, the President should’ve done proper research with the US government and the United Nations before signing the law. What if they collectively find out that it is actually genetic and not behavioral and in the meantime many people were jailed and put to death penalty. What then.

• zimzala February 27, 2014 at 4:45 pm

what for? yu mean we do not have the experts who can do it for us.This is unAfrican and we detest it .Away with guys and Obama.Zimbabwe

• Freddie H March 16, 2014 at 12:36 am

Yes, indeed you simply lack the intelligence, competence and objectivity to do such research properly. Well, try your hand at a project to discern the truth of a (non)genetic origin of homosexuality. Send your article to a esteemed periodical who’ll issue a stringent evaluation of your project. And, see what happens next!!!

• Rachel February 28, 2014 at 1:43 am

[I would like to share this article that I saw while on my computer. You like it?]

Universal GAYety is Coming !

Gays are found throughout history. For the first time ever – finally – they’re almost worldwide! Wow!
    This global gaydom is even foretold in the Bible – predicted by Jesus (see “days of Lot” in Luke 17 and compare with Genesis 19).
    And the Hebrew prophet Zechariah (14th chapter) says that during the same gay “days” ALL nations will come against Israel and fulfill the “days of Noah” at the same time (see Luke 17 again) – a short time of anti-Jewish genocide found in Zechariah 13:8 when two-thirds of all Jews will die.
    In other words, when “gay days” have become universal, all hell will break loose!
    Shockingly, the same “days” will lead to and trigger the “end of days” – and when they begin, human government will quickly wind down in just a few short years. For the first time in history there won’t be enough time for anyone to expect to live long enough to be able to attend college, have kids and grand-kids, save for and enjoy retirement, etc.
    One final thought. The more we see gays “coming out,” the sooner Jesus will be “coming down”!
    (For more, Google or Yahoo “God to Same-Sexers: Hurry Up,” “Jesus Never Mentioned Homosexuality. When gays have birthdays…,” and “FOR GAYS ONLY: Jesus Predicted…”)

• Shokubo March 2, 2014 at 9:11 am

They just want to destabilise Africa

• Splendor March 2, 2014 at 1:14 pm

What made the U.S to think that Africa can’t survive without their aids ? Sincerely I pity a society where raising good and Godly kids seems not to bother the parents. Well, let the Western world hold tight to their own way of life and stop trying to enforce their system on other people.

• Freddie H March 5, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I keep hearing this absolute nonsense about one part of the world trying to “impose” its values on another part (Africa a.o.). But we’re not talking about European of American values at all, but about UNIVERSAL HUMAN RIGHTS. And, as soon as human rights are violated, as is happening now in a whole bundle of African and Asian countries, every inhabitant of this planet is entitled to let their voice be heard, loud and clear. Besides, if you don’t like Western lifestyles, be honest and do away with your cars, you mansions, your banks, your movie theaters and your schools even. All imported from the West. But, of course, you African bigots are full-blown hypocrites, vying to emulate the materialistic Western lifestyle, but stubbornly and stupidly discarding its modern humanistic values. This is the main reason why I hate Africa, quite apart from the perpetual superstition, the unbelievable CORRUPTION of many “leaders’ down there, full of greed and hideous deceit.

• Freddie H’s friend May 10, 2014 at 9:17 am

But for someone who claims to be a non-African who despises Africa, you sure spent a lot of time and energy on an African forum discussing issues that affect the same Africans you despise. On another note, for someone who keeps going on about human rights I wonder how that sits well with your anti-Africa rants or you don’t consider Africans human? Dude, do us all a favour and keep quiet if you have nothing positive to say to support your views. Your comments are not only rude and mostly ignorant but downright appalling.

Note, I made no comment about the gay debate because quite frankly as a christian, two of the many biblical principles I live by are to love my neighbour (be he gay or otherwise) and not to judge. I judge you not and I love you which is why I am telling you to pick up a bible or a koran or something because once you do not believe that there is a power greater than you, that’s when you have such confidence to condemn a whole continent so confidently. This shows lack of wisdom but since wisdom comes from God and you don’t believe in Him…

• Ben March 3, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Know that is mature politics, Respect of Sovereignty, respect for one another. HE I like the calmness in which u’ve responded to this issue. Dialogue builds relations, provocation widens the gap & spoils work relations. Obama Learn to respect other nations & their sovereignty.

• Jack March 30, 2014 at 7:49 am

USA – from Puritans to Impure-itans

Is there a connection between beautiful New England and entire American cities turned into smoking rubble? There is.
    Take same-sex marriage. I would have guessed that a “sin” city (San Francisco? Las Vegas?) would have been the first to legalize it.
    Oddly it’s been the place where America started that’s wanted to be the first place to help bring about the end of America and its values! It’s been a Nor’easter of Perversion (helping to fulfill the end time “days of Lot” predicted in Luke 17) that began in (you guessed it) Boston in 2004.
    New England has gone from the Mayflower Compact to the Gay Power Impact, from Providence to decadence, from Bible thumpers to God dumpers, from university to diversity to perversity, and from the land of the Great Awakening to God’s Future Shakening that will make the Boston bombings look like Walden Pond ripples by comparison!
    The same Nor’easter has been spreading south and as far west as Washington State where, after swelling up with pride, Mt. Rainier may wish to celebrate shame-sex marriage by having a blast that Seaddlepated folks can share in lava-land!
    The same Luke 17 prediction is tied to the Book of Revelation which speaks of the cities that God will flatten because of same-sexism – including American cities – a scenario I’ll have to accept since I can’t create my own universe and decree rules for it.
    I’ve just been analyzing the world’s terminal “religion” that has its “god,” its accessories, its “rites,” and even a flag. It’s an obsession that the infected converts are willing to live for, fight for – and even die for!
    Want more facts? Google “God to Same-Sexers: Hurry Up,” “Universal GAYety is Coming,” “FOR GAYS ONLY: Jesus predicted” and “The Background Obama Can’t Cover Up.”

• Ramon Campos July 6, 2014 at 12:12 am

As Barack “Hussein” Obama, and the Obama Administration, continue to give billions of dollars to Palestine…even after allying with Hamas – a known terrorist group…a Country under Sharia Law which makes it legal to marry children – young girls at the age of 9, and which is heard to also be “against homosexuality…perhaps even unto the point of death”; the sanctions imposed to Uganda are based on Barack “Hussein” Obama, and the Obama Administration, personally being in favor of homosexuality.

As Natives Americans – Indians – would put it:

Black man speak with forked tongue.

For all I now: the money Barack “Hussein” Obama, and the Obama Administration, aren’t providing Uganda with is probably going to be paid to another Muslim Country in the Middle East…if not Palestine.