Lolo-Princess

The drama in 2016 just keeps on piling on.

Comedian and OAP Lolo1 has called out her fellow female comedian Princess for her attitude and behaviour on stage.

According to Lolo1, Princess is downright rude and absolutely ridiculous especially on stage. Lolo wrote in her Instagram rant (before deleting):

“Good morning guys! I have some things I’ve always wanted to get off my mind. I totally respect and have absolute faith in the growth of the “Stand Up” comedy industry in Nigeria. But I think Females in this industry have a whole lot of work to do. We’re strong, we are beautiful and we are talented but unfortunately some have allowed “pettiness” “rudeness ” and downright classlessness, override whatever form of talent they have. I’m usually not one to call people out, (especially my colleagues) but at this point, someone needs to talk to PRINCESS the ‘comedian’. Madam, what you do on stage is no longer comedy. You’re still acting after the audience have gone. Your attitude, downright rudeness and absolute ridiculousness on stage is an embarrassment to female comedians.” As a so called veteran, you of all people should know that when the joke is no longer funny, it’s time to exit the stage. if you know her, please tell her. Madam, abeg clear road. It’s either you work on your craft and fix whatever psychological and emotional issues you have, or leave the stage. Either way, stop embarrassing us”

Lolo

Photo Credit: Instagram | Lailas Blog

66 Comments on Lolo1 calls out Comedian Princess for her ‘Downright Rudeness and Absolute Ridiculousness on Stage’
  • Today and forever. January 22, 2016 at 11:57 am

Drama everywhere. And, bellanaija the writer of the film fifty complained on facebook that she had a bad experience with those she worked with on that one. She said she is hungrier than ever. Did you people not see that one or are we all scared of Mo. Please bring it up so that people can see and help the young woman. With all the hype surrounding the film and all money spent the writer is behind the yard. Mo is claiming it was her idea and all. The writer is trying to be respectful but she is saying things. Please, lets protect and support young talent and not take advantage of them, be kind to people because this life na yawa!

• goddessofvictory January 22, 2016 at 11:59 am

This 2016 has got me re-thinking my business choice. i think i should go into importation of foreign teas and sun shades 🙂 2016 the year of the sips. But Madam Lolo did you advice her in private and she did not hear? Did you call the council of female comedians to advice her and she did not listen? Hian!!!

• Zee January 22, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Lmao@ council of female comedians.
      The shant gree quest for fame is real. People now feel its OK to beef openly. Issorai
      See pot calling kettle black…@ lolo calm down biko, na the same shoe size you and princess they wear.

• Chic_hijabi January 22, 2016 at 4:55 pm

And pant, plus trouser and bra.

• Chinma Eke January 22, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Lmao!

• Rita January 22, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Something that makes me really happy about bellanaija are the comments. Bellanaija i know y’all love positivity and all but do y’all see what your readers do in the comment section? Epic!
    Lol… Bellanaija is the only blog i read and follow up comments. Lib people seem to be commenting because they want to win money. My peeps at bellanaija so intelligent and evil. Lol. Let the comments roll!

• Chu January 22, 2016 at 3:48 pm

True o, what sets Bellanaija from other blogs is the comment section. Everyone on lib is looking for money and their desperation is clear with the phrases they use to distinguish themselves. I love Bella meeen. Keep the comments rolling.

• whocares January 22, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Boooy, this is where Princess should take a screenshot of her secondary bank account not the primary one, and tweet it in response. No further comment necessary. I don’t even understand the need for this bile. You wish to tell someone to improve on their craft , then do so with love, encouragement and inspiration. You have evinced the same characteristics you attributed to Princess. This is classless, rude and down right unnecessary (or am i missing something?) Was princess rude to you or your family? If yes then crucify her, if not then what is this?!?? .the atmosphere is big enough for all of you to fly ke, so madam you face your craft, be better and stop seeking unnecessary attention. I know Chigul, Princess, Helen Paul, but you I do not know.. Besides some people like their jokes crass, rude and classless (Ricky Gervais anyone? we love him cos he is rude)so who are you to dictate how a person should perform their trade? The way i have carried this on my head like bucket of water, you will think I am Princess’ fan but truthfully I am not. I haven’t’ been following her for a while now.

• Jasmine January 22, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Which secondary bank account? The one that is bleeding? Hahahahaha. Past glory

• ElessarisElendil January 23, 2016 at 1:43 am

I see your Paul reference?????????

• Ewa January 22, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Ewooo!! ‘Seems our artistes drank something this year…Madam, there is a way to pass your message across. What I just read sounds rude too. See this pot calling a kettle black..

• ATL’s finest January 22, 2016 at 7:13 pm

@ Ewa lmao! Abegi, free this woman jare. Who passes message(es) across these days when everyone is spling and sipping the tea via Social media? They will be aight.

• Uberhaute looks January 22, 2016 at 12:23 pm

Wahala nbo…awon kan ko leta si ijongbon (trouble is brewing)

Uberhautelooks.blogspot.com

• teee January 22, 2016 at 12:31 pm

ghen ghen..
    2016 the year of drama!
    i dont find Princess funny any more too

• Ada January 22, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Let the comments roll in ! But BN biko can you throw more light on what Princess may have done to warrant this? Meanwhile Lolo1, you no sabi Princess? You for talk to am personally or send am message instead of crashing her hand in public.

• Theophilus Jacob January 22, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Ghen, Ghen!!! The baton is over to princess.

• cheryl January 22, 2016 at 12:49 pm

really Lolo, i mean really?????? lets accept that she is not doing it right or sumthing, u called her colleague and u cant find a way to tell her personally, u r such a coward, “woman bringing another woman down” and do u neeed to point out the “pscology and emotional problem” u r such an attention seeker, enjoy dis attention whyl it last, i dnt even lyk princess comedy personally buh mheenn dis ur post is even more classless. tuehh

• hey! January 22, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Lolo is s not even serious! Who abi what gives her the right to talk this trash? Abi u kuma don dey find attention? Mscheeee

• Ephi January 22, 2016 at 12:54 pm

So much drama this 2016… Sigh

• cheryl January 22, 2016 at 1:03 pm

all i see screaming in that post is ” HEY EVERYONE, I AM LOLO1, I WANT ATTENTION, NOTICE ME OR I KPEME, A WHOLE LOT OF YOU DO NOT KNOW ME YET, I AM LOLO1 THE CLASSLESS NON POPULAR OAP” nonscence, oshissko

• Meah January 22, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Yeye eyebrow

• coke January 22, 2016 at 1:22 pm

go sort out ur ISH

• Babe January 22, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Abeg BellaNaija give us the full gist nah!!! this one is half done gist… Guguru and zobo sellers, your services will soon be needed..

• Jasmine January 22, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Princess is so rude abeg and no longer a comedian. Sum1 said Lolo is full of bile? Really? Lolo? Hating on princess? Hahahahaha. Naija, I hail o. When some1 says the truth, they call you a hater. Now, what makes y’ll think she didn’t advise in private b4 coming online to do that? Hypocritical people. Always ready to judge. Lolo1, u did well.

• abby January 22, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Hi lolo1 how far na,tell us the remaining gist na.

• Lola January 22, 2016 at 4:29 pm

She didnt need to come online to voice anitin biko, she’s tryna get attention.. Funny enough i dnt know who ds Lolo1 is sef#rme

• Moi January 25, 2016 at 10:56 am

Now you know. Mission accomplished.

• DAME January 22, 2016 at 1:33 pm

LOLO…No you should not have done this….for someone so rude and fake. I saw this “lolo” i the Palms with all the OOMPH and air of someone who just stepped out of the river Thames…speaking all the phonetics, complaining about the humid weather (for harmattan), talking with an air of superiority…aunty please sit ur ass down and shurrup

• Rufina January 22, 2016 at 1:41 pm

To give Lolo some credit, Princess is a terror on stage and not in a good way. While I agree with Lolo that princess has some work to do on her craft, I’m not sure I support her channel of feedback.
    Like lolo said, you are ‘colleagues’, I’m sure there must have been a discreet way to reach out to her.

PS: Her recent show kinda feels like she is lashing out in anger at anything or anyone that cares to listen. 🙁 🙁 I don’t quite know what to make of it

• lolookafor January 22, 2016 at 1:43 pm

2016 is going to be a very interesting year indeed…….drama..drama…btw lolo take a chill pill cos calling out ur colleague makes u look more petty really…you shouldn’t bring down a fellow woman like urself….really

• enemy of progress January 22, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Princess collect your customer or Alhaji?

If na dat you want, come and take it.

LOLO1, the Grand Patroness of the Beefers Association of Nigeria

• ATL’s finest January 22, 2016 at 7:17 pm

???????? I need to sprinkle holy water on these Nollowood folks. It’s outrageous & ridiculous.

• Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu! January 22, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Lolo, this is so unprofessional and silly.
    Princess is technically your rival right? And you think she’s rude, unprofessional, classless e.t.c? Don’t you think that’s to your own advantage? Besides, ever heard the quote “Never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake””
    Nah, you caame out looking really bitter and rude with this post of yours.
    Enjoy your ‘bileful’ day!

• cheryl January 22, 2016 at 1:47 pm

@Jasmine, hahhahahhaha Lolo is that u?? abi ur sister, pls here\_________________________ its long enough for u to sit, dazzal

• Jasmine January 22, 2016 at 3:04 pm

@ cheryl, I know you are princess or her younger sister. Tell her to venture into something else abeg. She ‘yaff’ fade. Oh, and pls, tell her to dress properly. Tomboy at her age? Sorry, tomwoman. Lmao. Yeye dey smell

• Ewa January 22, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Lolo, why don’t you go and take a nap ehn… You should be tired after all this defence.. Pele

• coke January 22, 2016 at 4:34 pm

wao, u are really full of bile! upset about everything when you should be busy with your life! pathetic

• Joy January 22, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Na Olamide nd DonJazzy start wahala dis yr oo

• plhh January 22, 2016 at 3:52 pm

2016 never even begin but nah wahala upon wahala…… be like say many of us no do new year resolution hahaha.. cause this 2016 sha…..

• Chu January 22, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Do I smell a collaboration between Princess and Lolo to get attention? After all any publicity is good publicity. issoright. They post and delete comments quickly but they know bloggers are searching through and fro the bloggersphere looking for whom to devour. Hehehe. Let’s keep commenting and fulfilling their dreams.

• mabel January 22, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Lolo1 of all people. Her program on wazobia station sends one straight to bed. Even during praize jamz I cringe when she comes on stage. Very dry comedian. Princess has always been funny right from our days in Unilag. You just look at her and burst out laughing. We are not friends o. So it’s easier to post this than to send her a mail abi? Abi what’s wrong with you people gan sef? First it was that mumu freeze and Basketmouth and now you? She’s classless, look at you that’s classful na. Both of you are kukuma big. You’re welcome to the wrestling stage at Teslim stadium.

• Lola January 22, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Please who is Lolo1#rme

• philemon January 22, 2016 at 4:45 pm

All of you are rude jare not only princess ,so lolo should just shut up

• Becky January 22, 2016 at 5:03 pm

The problems in Nigerias economy is turning everyone into something else. This is just the beginning. I think princess might be going through bad times but she used to be funny and normal. Lolo should’ve found a better way. This post is insensitive and has jealousy undertones. Maybe princess didn’t send Lolo back in the day and now Lolo wants to pay back.

• Kiki January 22, 2016 at 5:30 pm

I am beginning to get this feeling that Dec 31st 2015 Nigerian Artists Abi “celebs” had a meeting and came to the conclusion that 2016 is d year of #beef and Instafamounsness and they created an excel spreadsheet timetable of who starts drama per month. Y’all notice how people get tons of followers after all these publicity stunts?

• Tru January 25, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Brilliant Strategy, We are paying rapt attention and laughing our heads off

• Syno January 22, 2016 at 5:37 pm

FORGET LINDA IKEJI….BELLA NAIJA IS THE MOST COMPLETE BLOG OUT OF AFRICA…any bad mouth????????????

• beefme January 22, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Aunty lolipop this is all shades of wrong!
    Meanwhile I find your old face and make-up rude as well.
    Davido can be forgiven but you are a disgrace to your age and ¨aunty status¨. I am sure someone like Yaw will never diss a colleague like this.

garce vieille femme…..kmt

• zeal January 22, 2016 at 6:16 pm

@today and forever, I heard Mo doesn’t pay well at all and I think 80% of Nigerian writers do not get well paid at all and some of these so called owners of the movie/tv will want to take credit (that they also wrote the scripts when dem no even see papa write let alone a pen) even for the writers work on top the small change wey dem dey pay them, SMH. They will give you excuses and reasons why you as a writer should be paid 80-150k, make dem fear God o biko.

• vickrazzi January 22, 2016 at 6:19 pm

but those eyebrows sha……………………… just giving me d chills…………. am scared

• mz titilitious January 22, 2016 at 7:10 pm

Smh… Lolo is a disgrace! And an attention seeker

• Bide January 22, 2016 at 7:16 pm

“Meanwhile I find your old face and make-up rude as well.” Lmao… Damn

• Reekaddict till infinity January 22, 2016 at 8:54 pm

Lolo and Princess r birds of a feather…..No Nigeria female comedian is funny as far as I am concerned they all crack dry jokes. Good pple of 9ja, Reekado banks was nominated for @Kora award 2016, for the most promising male artist of Africa category. To vote for him, kindly text 104 to 33320 God bless u as u do so.

• Busarni January 22, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Abeg these two mamas should go and rest ; I am not buying this beef they are selling. Forming beef to publicize your upcoming show is a condescending act on your path; lolo Abi kolo . Abeg BN fam don’t give them cheap publicity.

• Chi January 23, 2016 at 9:10 am

Lolo no be ya fault. Na bcos dem feature you for that DSTV programme na im you think say you don arrive. And na bcos of this new trend on call out one another, get social media buzzing-then apologize and make up almost immediately. In fact, this oue Nigerian mentality of copy, copy MUST stop. Just like how one man start 419-others join. Another one start pure water-others follow. Now na social media bashing. Once una see say e make one celeb trend, eveeybody done dey copy, copy. Honestly, if not for your correct PR person, I wouldn’t have heard about you. I really don’t know if you’re funny or not. Shey na you follow do media chat with Jonathan that time abi na another person? Can’t remember now. Anyway, bad belle dey purge belle oooo.

• Nikky January 23, 2016 at 11:47 am

Haba Lolo, I am really disappointed in you. Never try to publicly bring down another woman please. If you’ve called her privately and she’s not listening, leave her! Its her life and her show. Improve yours.

• Monica January 23, 2016 at 11:54 am

princess is a dry comedian that’s a fact but lolo 1 you are no better. this was uncalled for.

• DAT black chic January 23, 2016 at 12:15 pm

I met this actress I admire so much while growing, I told everyone she was my role model .even though I know shes fading fast with no achievement I still loved the fact that she was talented.guess what!!!!! We met on a major event and she whispered to my ears I was never gonna make it to the final screening .see me see frustrated single ooooooo. she exhibited her rudeness classlessness and jealousy and made the entire event frustrating For me . As God would have it, I scaled thru and won .guess what ???she became wild with direct confrontation .what am I trying to say.I didn’t come online to get back at her, I knew if I couldn’t talk to her abt her dirty attitude then I should forgive her ignorance .Today she isn’t making as much progress as her other counterparts. I cant judge lolo nor princess but the point is . for grown women beefing isn’t the best .You either make effort to politely discuss it with the person or ignore .I may not like a person,s attitude and delivery but its really not worth the media drama. More young minds are coming in the industry like me .so let’s learn from you all. Respect to princess and lolo 1

• mabel January 23, 2016 at 4:25 pm

@Yettie really???? So why was she always in Moremi hall? Kai students eh! Are you serious? Omo na for my hall I de see am everly. Morning, afternoon, evening. Ogaju. I always thought she was in creative art department which is a walk from Moremi. Very funny being. Anyways sha, that one na long time things.

• seyi January 26, 2016 at 10:02 am

Princess finished from unilag not lasu

• thatnaijagirl January 24, 2016 at 7:46 am

Sooo aunty lolo you think shaking your bum on stage is funny right. will you kip kwayet and take several seats \_________

• adelegirl January 25, 2016 at 10:21 am

I don’t think so. She went to unilag. At least I always saw her around in unilag.

Meanwhile, I find it ironic that Lolo called Princess classless, yet Princess was all class in her response to this post by Lolo. I say 1 – 0. Princess takes this round. 🙂