Two days ago, we shared that the second edition of The P.L.A.Y. (Political Leadership Amongst Youths) Forum will take place on February 20th in Abuja – click here if you missed it.

See photos of last year’s edition by clicking here – including Tolu Ogunlesi, Oby Ezekwesili, Doyin Okupe, George Okoro, ChiGul, Charles Okpaleke and more.

One of the objectives of the youth forum is to

Give young intellects a platform to reach out to the current government as well as other influential and elite youth with strong social media presence, including those in the Diaspora.”

In that vein, it has been revealed that Olajumoke Orisaguna will have an inspirational interview at the event, titled, “If we were the government.”

UPDATE – 5:45 pm: We exclusively gathered that this will be the programme of her segment:

Inspirational interview – Olajumoke Orisaguna; A grass to grace story

• The power of pop culture
  • The power of the media
  • Finding the next Jumoke?

To learn more or to RSVP, go to the PLAY website – www.playnetworknigeria.com.

@olajumoke__o will be at #ThePlayForum

A photo posted by BellaNaija (@bellanaijaonline) on

40 Comments on Olajumoke Orisaguna to have Inspirational Interview at The PLAY Forum in Abuja this Weekend
  • keke driver February 17, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Ok this is MY two cent……Am all for Olajumoke really, but a motivational speaker?? Hell No!!! How many of you saw the CNN interview?

• Olu February 17, 2016 at 5:45 pm

what was wrong with the interview? She was emotional .yes …but real. That can motivate others.

• Damilola February 17, 2016 at 8:14 pm

@keke driver

I believe, anybody can be a motivational speaker bcos you are motivating others based on your life experience. You don’t have to use oxford dictionary words but your message comes from the heart. Unless, you are doing it on a professional platform, where thousands pay to see you, then you can worry about been grooming yourself to be more eloquent.

However, I hope they don’t burn her energy or even motivation by overexposure. The whole experience is overwhelming. Give her some time to reflect, take in her overnight transformation/success. Spend time with family, friends even by herself. Jumoke, don’t say yes to everything bcos you will have folks pulling you left, right, here or there. This is what happens in the U.S they overexposed, over pump whoever that these people literally have a meltdown. Then they have disconnection with real life, and use other bad things to compensate. I wish you best of luck, Jumoke but never forget where you came from which means remain humble.

• ATL’s finest February 18, 2016 at 11:48 pm

@ Keke driver ??????????im so done with U:) U just cracked me up. Well all is part of been what folks said she can’t be. She’s will be fine & practice makes PERFECT.

• prince February 17, 2016 at 5:17 pm

This is a nice one. let her go and talk to some of us how God blesses her through her humility and hardwork.
    People need to know that for God to bless you, you must have something doing. If there’s no job, create one, no matter how small, then you can call on heaven’s blessing on that thing that you’re doing.
    Olajumoke has become an inspiration by selling bread. #keepmovingforward

• aikay February 17, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Pls abeg these people should let this babe rest abeg, they av made her schedule too busy these days, shuo!!!!! from modelling and granting interviews to endorsement deals and now this. And they seem to av forgotten that she does not av the education background for all this exposure. They should tk it one step at a time abeg make the babe no faint one day. For starters I was expecting to hear dt she has been enrolled into a part time programme in the university rather she is been made to sign contracts and endorsement deal that she can’t even read and understand the terms of agreement. Well on the bright side I’m so happy dt she is making money but I would have loved for them to first TEACH HER HOW TO FISH INSTEAD OF GIVING HER THE FISH.

• miz chi February 17, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Some agent gettin paid over this babe! Exploitation at its finest. Poor girl, hope they don’t milk her dry with nothing at the end. #GodspeedJumoke

• E don do February 17, 2016 at 5:46 pm

I know I’ll get haters for this but its ok. Motivational speaker really, com eon now!!!!! She photobombed a picture and got discovered…….what exactly will her talk be about??? I understand she was doing her job diligently, hustling in her own way and was in the right place and right time as ordained by God on her day of discovery but nguwanu come on. Or is it me that doesn’t understand what motivational speakers and speeches are to entail???

• tamy February 18, 2016 at 1:55 am

Took d words right outta my mouth. I cnt wait to see d ‘motivational speech’

• Sandra February 18, 2016 at 11:13 am

Gbam! I’m with u on this one. They might as well tag lottery winners to be motivational speakers. She should go n testify in church about the goodness of God instead

• SG February 22, 2016 at 1:53 pm

If you have not been told before, you get brain. I was wondering too if I was the one not thinking but you have just put my thought in a succinct manner. Even if I wouldn’t be paying to attend the gathering, I strongly believe that attending that gathering is doing exactly the opposite of what Jumoke did. All intended attendees should go get busy with their jobs rather than being distracted by some cash hungry agent.

• dongagaleo@gmail.com February 17, 2016 at 5:52 pm

I am sorry but now I see Ulterior motives. So many people are trying to just get along with what is happening. They don’t really care, is about pushing their interests forward, and it is all wrong.
    I love her story but all this people need to be checked.

• Jo! February 17, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Oh Come on!!!

• Suwa February 17, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Hmmmmmmm!

• lalaF February 17, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Next thing you will hear she has married one governor. lol.. Coming soon….

• californiabawlar February 17, 2016 at 6:17 pm

Can they let this lady get some rest?!!

• Uyai February 17, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Notice how BN has suddenly removed the ‘Bread Seller’ tag . lol.
    I thought of all the things she could do with this new rise to fame and there was no such thing as Motivational Speaker on my list. ??

• Tosin Olarinde February 17, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Wow may God continue to bless Jumoke and who ever is willing to associate with her or help, she shouldnt be a motivational speaker because she cant speak English …SMH but if its a polish or french person then the person can be a speaker and get an interpreter…Not speaking English doesnt mean people can not learn from her..Her story is inspiring and I would invite her to church or crusade to save lives and people that are hopeless and think they dont have an option but commit suicide or steal..

• hmmmmm February 18, 2016 at 12:37 am

loool aunty no one is fighting with you. yes, her story is a testimony but do you know what/who a motivational speaker is??? its never about the language please stop forming hero for what’s not there.

• Honeycrown February 17, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Isn’t this too soon? Please they shouldn’t overwhelm the lady o!

• Nnenna February 17, 2016 at 6:37 pm

The next Jumoke is not far away! We need only to look around us. She’s the maid in your house, your mom’s house or your friend’s house! She’s the sales girl at a buka down the road! Jumokes don’t need to be thrust into the limelight for people to notice them. As we are thanking God for her and all the people helping her, let us not forget our own Jumokes and the difference, small or big, we can make in their lives!
    SN: Is she well-spoken enough for such a big forum? Is she comfortable with public speaking? Seems like too much too soon! Good luck to her!

• Nnenna February 17, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Where is my comment, Bella?!

• Vidavi February 17, 2016 at 7:16 pm

This is nonsense. The girl can’t even speak English. Give her some breathing room for crying out loud.

• spicequeen February 17, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Milked

• RichyGame February 17, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Too much, too fast? Just my opinion.

• Ogo February 17, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Someone that “time &chance” happened to is now a motivational speaker!

• Kike February 17, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Is Yoruba not one of the main languages in Nigeria? When countries like Norway, with 5 million people, speak their language why can’t a woman whose language is spoken by over 30 million people across West Africa and South America speak hers? Abegi! I pray our generation do not kill of our Nigerian languages and culture in the name of advancements. Other countries, like Poland, Sweden, Lithuania, smaller speakers than our own, have advanced without turning their backs on their language or heritage.

Jumoke is not complaining, I trust she would rather be making these media appearances than hawking bread. I for one I’m not tired of this news, if you are, stop clicking on her story. BellaNaija carrygo! Not everytime story about marraige breakups, Boko Haram, babymamas and Birkin bags.

• Valentine February 17, 2016 at 9:54 pm

How can she come in to speak when she only speaks ngbati-gbati (yoruba language). Im not hating just saying. Since her rise, she has only spoken one language – yoruba, so bringing her in as a motivational speaker might cause a huge embarrassment not only for herself but also for the organizers. Pls let the lady be. Let her do her modelling and stick with it while she learns english, This is becoming too much for the latest fresh beauty. Haba, naija una sabi over do things.

• Lally February 17, 2016 at 11:49 pm

While i agree that she is being pushed into the spotlight all too fast, i must say your comment is very ignorant! Yoruba language is not ngbati-ngbati. It is one of the fore languages of Nigeria if you must know. Communication isn’t the problem here but people choose to dwell on the fact that she can’t speak English, can your grandma speak English? but yet you understand her. How dare you say she speaking yoruba might be an embarrassment. I think it’s totally unfair. Check yourself!!

• SG February 22, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I don’t think it is informed (maybe ‘intelligent’ should have been the word) to say speaking one language not being English cannot make one motivate another. If a Chinese man doesn’t speak English but gets an interpreter, we simply understand his situation, but when an African cannot speak English, we heighten his ‘misfortune’. Language is not the same as literacy, neither are both words causal to motivational. Most of us here simply think her story doesn’t really carry enough weight to deserve a too-soon motivational status. In 6 months, we can do a check to see how far she has improved…then we can seek a motivational session from her.

• j’suis belle February 17, 2016 at 11:47 pm

why are they rushing this girl? they did her good okay we get it but i don’t think she is ready for all of this,she doesn’t understand this “world” nor the way it functions soon when she’ll start calling them names they will the very same people to sabotage her; so Mrs, Bello u did and are doing good for her but pls cut her some slack and give her a breather this train is going way too fast

• The real dee February 17, 2016 at 11:48 pm

I don’t mean to be cynical but I’m scared for this girl. Yes she is an inspiration but when things begin to happen too fast like this, when there is a sudden shot to limelight, sometimes the end is a disaster. Some examples come to mind now. I pray for you Jumoke that this stardom that has come your way will not end in disaster.

• tlnt February 18, 2016 at 12:51 am

Olajumoke milk this for everything however be a little careful. Play your cards right and with God by your side this is only scratching the surface.

• really? February 18, 2016 at 8:29 am

What is she motivating people about? What has she even learnt..I think this makes no sense..Nigerians just live by the moment….I hope by the time all this social media brouhaha is gone, this girl will not be thrown back to where she’s coming from. I just think they should allow her grow and go through trainjng. Favor can open doors but you need a lot of things to keep d door open. Motivational speaker really…and I’m not hating , I just think they are pushing her and is not in a sensible futuristic way.

• Frosh February 18, 2016 at 9:18 am

motivational speaking? really?! hmmm, hope this whole tirade wont end in crashing and burning!! smh Nigerians and band wagon jumping!

• Elizabeth Amani February 18, 2016 at 10:27 am

@LizMani wrote:- YOU GO GIRL!!! SHARE YOUR STRUGGLE!! ONE THING PEOPLE DON’T UNDERSTAND! SHE COULD HAVE BEEN INTO PROSTITUTION FOR FAST MONEY…. BUT SHE CHOSE SELLING BREAD!!! AND THAT’S JUST THE ONLY THING WE SEE … WE DON’T KNOW HER STRUGGLE!!! ON THE INSIDE!!! YES THERE ARE MANY BREAD SELLERS ETC ..OUT THERE… BUT GOD SAID… OLAJUMOKE…. IT’S YOUR TIME!!! AND IT HAPPENED!! GOD TOOK HER TRU THAT STREET THAT DAY… SHE COULD HAVE BEEN ON ANOTHER STREET BUT SHE WAS ON THAT STREET AT THE APPOINTED TIME!!! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS GURL .. ENJOYING THE FRUIT OF HER LABOR?? THEN PLEASE GO ASK GOD Y! PLEASE LET’S BE HAPPY FOR HER SO GOD CAN COME THROUGH FOR US!! YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT SOMEONE WENT TRU OR BEEN GOING TRU UNTIL THEY TELL YOU!!! DON’T JUDGE!! IT’S ONLY GOD THAT SEES OUR HEARTS AND KNOWS OUR STRUGGLE!! AND NO YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A PROFESSIONAL TO BE A SPEAKER!!! LET HER GO THERE AND SPEAK AND SHARE HER EXPERIENCE IN LIFE AND ENCOURAGE THESE YOUTHS THAT GOING THE FAST ROUTE IS NOT THE WAY!!! EVEN IF IT’S FOR 5 MINUTES I AM SURE SHE WILL BE INSPIRING!!! THERE ARE WAY BIGGER THINGS COMING HER WAY BECAUSE WE DON’T KNOW WHERE GOD WANTS TO PLACE HER!!! LET’S US ALL WAIT AND SEE!!!

• Nancy February 18, 2016 at 10:29 am

This A disney kid in the making – hmmmmmmm!

• zzzzzzzzzzzzz February 18, 2016 at 10:46 am

To be honest this is getting really irritating and annoying

• T- gurl February 18, 2016 at 12:16 pm

When the Lord turned the capitivity of Zion, they were like them that dream. When we go to church and pray “Father give me that testimony that people would not believe and say this is too much” Now it has happened to Olajumoke and you guys are complaining,smh. All you saying she can’t be a motivational speaker, biko why? You are just judging her based on th fact that she was a bread seller. Have u had an encounter with her or a conversation with her to know she can’t speak to motivate? There are many people out there who do not speak English or even have an education, but there life experiences is enough schooling. This is just a case of judging a book by it cover. Any body can be a motivational speaker, be a bread seller or a mechanic or a conductor. A motivational speaker is one who speaks to motivate and inspire people, so doesn’t she qualify as one? I am inspired by her story without even hearing her experiences, and you guys are just making noise that she can’t speak English. The Lord has just started with her, you would soon hear another good news that would make you hug transformer. Gods speed to you Olajumoke, you are still going far.

• Doctor sam February 28, 2016 at 10:10 am

Olajumoke’s husband is my very good friend, we are from the same town…I am a medical doctor and my wife is a legal practional…The kind of struggles my wife and i went through was wholly parallel to Olajumoke’s and her husband encounters..I speak english, i am a medical doctor and my wife a lawyer….so i can be a multivational speaker and jumoke can not be? No. Her story, struggles, and encounter may convincly inspires people more than my own because education is very expensive in Nigeria….But zenith of the story is….no matter your situation,circumstances,just get something done and be hardworking.Jumoke you are a living testimony,tell it to the whole world, to the people who believes it is over for them, you have pass through the same situation, you understands with it means to wallow in abject poverty…medium of expression should not be a barrier.But take it softly….slow and steady w the race.Congrats…welcome to millionaire club.