Sports Illustrated SHOCKS fans with Size-16 Swimsuit Issue Cover Model

si-ashley-graham-600x800The annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue is always a media buzzpoint. This year is no different as they surprised fans with 3 covers. The cover which is getting the most headlines features Ashley Graham, a reportedly Size-16 model.

It’s cool to see Sports Illustrated exploring new ideas. The fact that this is such a major talking point shows that the magazine industry is certainly in need of diversity. Check on it.
The cover star says

“I thought Sports Illustrated was taking a risk by putting a girl my size in the pages, But putting me on the cover? They aren’t just breaking barriers; they are the standard now. This is beyond epic.”

Check out the other 2 covers featuring UFC champion Ronda Rousey and 2015 SI rookie Hailey Clauson.

15 Comments on Sports Illustrated SHOCKS fans with Size-16 Swimsuit Issue Cover Model
  • Nwa nna February 14, 2016 at 8:27 pm

She’s beautiful, luv her curves and all.. That’s how a real woman looks like and not all the lepa the media keeps trying to force down our throats as the ideal female body type.

• Ladybird February 14, 2016 at 11:10 pm

“That’s how a real woman looks like”…..?????what are you saying???? my sister is an adult but she is skinny….does that means she is not a real woman ?? women come in different shapes and sizes. its unfortunate that we tend to see only one side of the spectrum..but it doesn’t mean we should make flawed statements to make ourselves feel better.

• jide February 15, 2016 at 12:03 am

Nope. Real women do no have a singular look. They come in all sizes, heights, shapes and build. Agbani darego as skinny as she is is a real woman dammnit.

• ATL’s finest February 14, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Hell to the YES!!!! Week it Missy! Everything is on POINT. I wouldn’t lie abeg some folks don’t need to be skinny cuz they indeed look so sick & their legs Jeez! If I’m counting every collar bone of yours, that means U need tripe burger ??. Whatever works for people sha nevertheless, I’m LOVING this chic. Front she get, back she carry abeg nothing do U. With her height, it fits her well.. ❤?????

• kayla February 14, 2016 at 8:41 pm

shut up.. size doesn’t determine a real woman

• Nwa nna February 14, 2016 at 10:38 pm

@kayla, you obviously missed the point of what I meant as what a real woman looks like….
      The media & fashion industry has long pushed the slim anorexic models down the throat of society as the perfect look causing a lot of women to believe that the the definition of what beauty is i.e skinny & anorexic looking… For S.I magazine to post a picture of a curvy woman on their front cover which isn’t the norm is a departure from thei usual and in my opinion a good thing, hence my use the term what a real woman looks like with curves and all..
      And I agree size doesn’t define a real woman as you’ve stated

• ATL’s finest February 15, 2016 at 6:48 am

@ Kayla it’s her opinion & u can state yourself with out telling her to Shut up. She ain’t ur kid or your dog & U ain’t her Momma!

• clementine February 14, 2016 at 11:06 pm

Size 16 is beautifullllllllllllllll and it is the future

• Robin Hood February 15, 2016 at 12:08 am

Now this is a woman…………….

• ElessarisElendil February 15, 2016 at 5:26 am

Sorry Bella but Sports Illustrated fans weren’t shocked. Wasn’t Kate Upton the cover girl years back? Wow! they put a woman with big breasts on the cover, shocking!

• lyl February 15, 2016 at 5:37 am

Curvy girls taking over….!

• Hawt Talk With Tosan February 15, 2016 at 5:42 am

Yas! About time

Please watch my new Hawt Talk here

• PlusSizeKween February 15, 2016 at 6:37 am

Hmm if this was how my own size 16 looked, I wouldn’t complain in the slightest. Lookidat. No kebab belly, cellulite, stretchmarks or bingo wings in sight. She’s soooo sexy and I’m proper jealous!! *doing more crunches*

• Tkum February 16, 2016 at 4:42 pm

abeg babe easy on urself…the beautiful size sixteen model picture must have gone through editing . airbrushing, photoshopping and all that. abeg dont kill urself.

• Tosin February 15, 2016 at 9:30 am

Lovely. I don’t know what they’ve been waiting for.