WATCH Olajumoke Orisaguna’s CNN Feature – “How a Photobomb created a Star”

Olajumoke Orisaguna CNN Interview 2Olajumoke Orisaguna was interviewed by CNN, detailing her sensational breakthrough from bread hawker to model, and beyond – they called it a classic case of being at the ‘right place at the right time’.

They caught Jumoke on the set of her first ever fashion photo shoot for April by Kunbi – click here to see the photos.

Jumoke said through tears, Olajumoke Orisaguna CNN Interview 1

“I never expected this would ever happen to me,” “My friends have told me they saw me on the TV and they are really happy. My parents cannot believe their own child can become such a success. They are all so happy.”

CNN reports, she ‘has been given a scholarship to complete her education, and a bank has offered to pay for schooling for her two children, aged five and one, until university age.’Olajumoke Orisaguna CNN Interview 3On what she thinks made the story go viral, TY Bello said,

“Everyone connected with the story because everybody has dreams.”

“This is a very tough time in my country… Everyone is looking for that magical break… I think this is definitely divine because the way people have connected with it is just phenomenal. It’s a phenomenal story.”

Watch!

55 Comments on WATCH Olajumoke Orisaguna’s CNN Feature – “How a Photobomb created a Star”
  • Aprillaugh.net February 16, 2016 at 10:13 am

*wipes tears*

• ATL’s finest February 17, 2016 at 2:39 am

Same here!! In my Frank Edward’s voice ‘ When God speaks’. I have bee holding on tho that LYRICS for EVER & I’m NOT letting it GO. This is a story of where this Proverbs makes sense to me ‘ it’s not how far, but how well.’ So my of her mates/ friends may be married to a rich dude, educated guy but she was holding her FAM down by hawking bread to substain her kids & a MISTAKE of photobombing a pic changed her LIFE before the twinkle of an EYE. In Mary Mary’s voice *There’s a GOD*.

• keke driver February 16, 2016 at 10:21 am

When it’s your time, it’s your time….even YOU, cannot stop God.

• KIKE February 16, 2016 at 2:28 pm

YES O YOU CANT STOP GOD …..THIS HIT ME

• Jenny February 16, 2016 at 10:25 am

Aww bless her…Please carry your family along o!!! dont lose your husband cos of fame my dear 🙂

• samuel ojo February 16, 2016 at 10:28 am

wow…interesting

• Ade February 16, 2016 at 10:30 am

Jesu Oba iye,answer me o!

• anonymous February 16, 2016 at 10:51 am

E don do already na b4 them go kidnap this geh or her pikins or husband. God don bless am,we gree. Thank God but abeg make una free am make she arrange her life for this new levelz wey she don enter

• Tee February 16, 2016 at 11:01 am

And no one should complain about her accent.Afterall,we have the london accent,and the real cockney accent which pple hardly understands.Just saying# just focus on the story.

• marvel February 16, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Its strange that you are even thinking about the fact that her accent could be a problem and pointing it out thereby drawing focus to it. I never took notice of the accent until you mentioned it. I wish people will just see things on face value and leave it at that. I know you mean well but you may actually succeeded in creating a problem from the solution you proffered i.e, putting her accent on spot. So what is she has an accent or not?

• Marvel February 16, 2016 at 9:51 pm

I meant * what if she

• Coro;;a February 16, 2016 at 2:33 pm

But you are the one talking about the accent na!

• cheryl February 16, 2016 at 11:04 am

awwww, see goose pimple all over me,bless her, Ty is also very beautifu and gorgeous, and pls can we correct those insunuating that her fame will affect her marriage and husband, warrisalldis, are u ppl praying for problem for her, av u met her husband and he said he isnt comfortable cos i really dont get it, oh cos u see him holding d baby in pictures while she sign contracts and seal deals??, well wen ur own time reach carry pikin for leg dey sign inuugo, he came all d way from Osun to be with her and support her, follow her everywhere as it should be, but u ppl just wanna use ur Alomo bitter kindda mind secretly wishing her home will break because of this, Continu, she is making her money,getting her fame and geting a lyf, be there oo una hear

• Oma February 16, 2016 at 11:08 am

It haff do naw…we don hear

• Nam February 16, 2016 at 12:13 pm

see them, them force you to open the post? “It haff do” yet you go ahead to click the link.

• Tee February 16, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Jealous?
      It haff not do o.i want to read her progress story everyday cod I can never get tired of it.

• Nadine February 16, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Yeah! It haff do. Why? Because she is not a Kardashian/Rich/Oyinbo sumborri.

And as for me, No. It haff not do. Her story is the type that motivates and inspires people to believe in themselves and never to give up for their miracle is on the way.

• ATL’s finest February 17, 2016 at 2:45 am

@ OMA mtcheww! If it was Adrienna Lima or Ivanka Trump or Ophra Winfrey, U wouldn’t say it ‘haff do’. My friend got drink some sleeping pilss & hit your sheets

• Tutu February 16, 2016 at 11:13 am

God still does wonders

• Nigerian Writers Hub February 16, 2016 at 11:18 am

Wow! This is just so cool.

• Ms Jazz February 16, 2016 at 11:24 am

Jumoke you will go far in Jesus name amen. The world is rooting for you

• billionaire in grace February 16, 2016 at 11:54 am

I must say this girl she is a top model,she is beautiful

• billionaire in grace February 16, 2016 at 11:55 am

I actually like her smile

• Nigerian Writers Hub February 16, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Congrats Ola. This is just the beginning of blessing.

• Xplorenollywood.com February 16, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Nice…

• keeks February 16, 2016 at 1:02 pm

there’s just something endearing about jumoke’s face that i cant place my index finger on. Like Ty said, her story is so relatable and personal because for the average Nigerian, we strive so hard for that “”AaaHA!!! this is it moment””, that day we are suddenly discovered and our hard work begins to yield fruits.

• Eber February 16, 2016 at 1:45 pm

When it’s your time the only tears you’ll shed is tears of joy……

• honeymix… February 16, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Oh Lord! My helper of destiny would not know peace until he/she locates me. This is just a ground breaking testimony. How many times do we hear of such stories like this. I cannot help always discussing this lady in my office that everyone is tired of my gist. Kai. God bless you and all yours.

• NG February 16, 2016 at 2:20 pm

See Naija people gushing over a fair lady o. Come Miss Nigeria or miss whatever and they will remember that black is the real beauty- especially if the winner(s) are not their preferred candidates.

• Nahum February 16, 2016 at 4:22 pm

What are you talking about???? She is not even fair. What did you smoke?

• ATL’s finest February 17, 2016 at 2:42 am

@ NG F**OFF & Jump into 3rd mainland Bridge or whichever lake is nearest to U. How’s is Jumoke light skin? She’s not even close #COLORBLINDNESS# see an Optician ASAP. Just be happy for her & keep it moving.

• KIKE February 16, 2016 at 2:26 pm

TEARY EYES HERE …………IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU JUMOKE

• KIKE February 16, 2016 at 2:30 pm

WHO SAYS THERE IS NO GOD

• KIKE February 16, 2016 at 2:31 pm

DESTINY CAN BE DELAYED NOT DENIED

• IMA February 16, 2016 at 2:47 pm

AWON models be beefing jumoke since 19 gogoro for this new events in her life. morale of Jumoke’s story is “you don’t have you be sleeping with sponsors and married men to get to the TOP”. God has a way of showing his real face when you never hexperrerit.

• Fairest February 16, 2016 at 2:56 pm

God is still God….

• Dear Dee February 16, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Baba God did not only pick up her call, He is doing midnight call with her sef..hmmnn..this is DIVINE

• prince February 16, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Lord, I thank you for turning this woman life around. Her children also got a rub off of the grace. Scholarship up to university. My God is a good God.

• tamunotonye February 16, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Jumoke of the most high God, u are blessed beyond words.

• *curious* February 16, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Congrats Jummy!

• Aderonke February 16, 2016 at 7:37 pm

congratss Jumoke…..God indeed brighten ur path

• ForTheRightsOfMen February 16, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Everyone has (a) dream. TY says. Could be more true.

• Honeycrown February 16, 2016 at 10:56 pm

“Emergency Emergency they never saw Jumoke coming through …. Pamparobo robo robo rabo …… Come to the floor Jumoke come to the floor ……” ???? oshey!

• Blaq February 17, 2016 at 12:55 am

And Linda ikeji is there flossing about her Hermes bag instead of helping people. The land is truly green “T Y Bello”

• Blaq February 17, 2016 at 12:56 am

Thank God for their lives, may He continue to bless TY Bello.

• Kayla February 17, 2016 at 10:00 am

So Linda ikeji has not been helping people abi. Blaq or whatever u call ur self who have u helped rubbish. Always hating on people

• Ogbonnia February 17, 2016 at 9:53 pm

God’s time is the Best

• Bankole hannah February 18, 2016 at 2:12 pm

ona ti olorun ba soro.lati se ise re.ona re enikan ko mo awamaridi ni.sincerely its a miracle.when God says its tyme no man can put asunder.am happy for you jumoke

• Patience February 18, 2016 at 2:27 pm

I congratulate you Jumoke.. The Lord that started this in your life shall perfect it.. God bless TY Bello..

• Ika February 18, 2016 at 10:32 pm

pls do you know anybody coming to london this week? I need crayfish and dried fish. very urgent. thanks

• oluwasijibommy February 19, 2016 at 7:45 am

congrats Jummy, ur fame, ur game. Ability to play it well shall you receive in Jesus name, Amen. God bless ur beefless husband as well. TY Bello pls make our land more greener, the good Lord of harvest will reward u. Thanks alot.

• Laudancey February 19, 2016 at 11:07 am

She’s just an Epitome of Psalm 126,i tap into this striking testimony. It’s indeed the Lord’s doing.

• ahmed ademola February 19, 2016 at 6:06 pm

mobao dupe lowo olohun orire abekale

• FASHAKIN AYODEJI IDOWU March 25, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Jumoke, i celebrate new era of stardom in your life. Your life has given millions across the globe a limelight that one day, very soon! The world is going to celebrates with me too to the extent to have a calendar date of “WORLD CARES DAY”. To the hopeless, there are more hope, just be focus, be positive, do not outcast yourself rather keep believing in God and in yourself that you will succeed! The most important things one can to do himself/herself is to make one’s life first better, then the other. Jumoke persisting on her normal routine and come across her fate just in one day. She didn’t idle rather industrious and now her work make a way for her.
    IDCARES…CELEBRATES YOU JUMOKE.