Olajumoke 2

The amazing story of Olajumoke Orisaguna is spreading worldwide and now the former bread seller turned model has been featured in Huffington Post.

Huffington Post wrote an article about her titled “How To Get A Modelling Contract: Olajumoke Orisaguna Scouted After Accidentally Walking Into Tinie Tempahr Photo Shoot”.

According to Huffington Post, “Olajumoke Orisaguna’s remarkable story is the stuff of your most wishful daydreams.”.

The article details the back story of Olajumoke’s encounter with TY Bello and how far that chanced meeting has brought her.

Read the feature here.

According to updates from Olajumoke’s Instagram page, she will also be featured on CNN as they have been documenting the process of her photo shoot with Nigerian designer April by Kunbi.

See photos from the shoot below.

Olajumoke 1 Olajumoke 3 Olajumoke

***

Olajumoke was also featured on Buzzfeed’s website.

Buzzfeed

76 Comments on #Winning! Bread Seller turned Model Olajumoke Orisaguna gets featured in Huffington Post & Buzzfeed
  • Favour February 11, 2016 at 11:51 am

Protocol breaking favour.

• May February 11, 2016 at 12:02 pm

You can say that again….

• tannie February 11, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Favor breaking protocol

• Hawt Talk With Tosan February 11, 2016 at 4:55 pm

While I really applaud all those that have come together to make her successful, I really feel these glam shots are over done.

More than anything what people found appealing about Olajumoke is her natural looks. The aura of simplicity and the subtle innocence she exuded. The captured by TY Bello to me epitomizes Olajumoke as a brand perfectly.

• Hawt Talk With Tosan February 11, 2016 at 5:19 pm

*The photos captured

• Jay February 11, 2016 at 6:41 pm

You can say that again!

• adelegirl February 11, 2016 at 11:51 am

this na the real WINNING! I am so pleased. A real life fairy tale o. Meanwhile the person that did her makeup for this shoot should go back to make up training school -very unflattering. The brows look really awful. Didn’t the person see what Bimpe Onakoya did for the This Day life shoot?

• an February 11, 2016 at 12:20 pm

I agree, the make-up artist should be sacked! Jomoke is prettier naturally than with this make up. Not to say that some naturally gifted women in the beauty department are better off with minimal make up. May God always favour your family and yourself, Jumoke. May you never worry about getting a roof over your head or lack food in your house. May your children get education and outdo their parents. Glory to the lord, blessings to you.

• Iris February 11, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Yes. She’s a beautiful girl and I think she looks better with her own hair. This one na real ‘God has said YES.’

• Esther Nky February 11, 2016 at 4:32 pm

my dear sissy i support u in dis one, d brows are too fat , d makeup does nt gel for her facial features.. she looks scary . the mua shud b slapped for doing this horrible makeup

• Anon February 11, 2016 at 11:58 am

Fantastic story. Please don’t tamper with her short haircut and eyebrows. They are part of her package.

• Ike February 11, 2016 at 12:00 pm

She’s naturally flawless please, she needs no heavy makeup

• Wale February 11, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Naija make-over artists should stop water-mellowing her face……Please, keep it simple and tasty.

• Tee February 11, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Oh Lord please be with her on this journey to stardom.Don’t ever let it end.I pray she moves from glory to glory.From an ordinary model to a super model.Amen

• MyNameIsNotSusan February 11, 2016 at 12:05 pm

A heartwarming story that reminds me why I should never lose hope in humanity. She was featured on BuzzFeed as well: http://www.buzzfeed.com/krishrach/this-woman-accidentally-photobombed-a-pop-star-and-ended-up#.wuLq6xKBB

• dongagaleo@gmail.com February 11, 2016 at 12:05 pm

I can imagine her walking the runway for an international designer or probably covering another mega magazine spread.
    It can only get bigger. TY Bello remains calm in all this, something we all need to learn fro m TY and then Jumoke. It will happen, in its time. It might not come in the way Jumoke’s own came but our hardwork will meet opportunity if we move with the right attitude.
    Congrats Jumoke! I love your story!

• tannie February 11, 2016 at 12:06 pm

Favor breaking protocol

• Awoyo February 11, 2016 at 12:07 pm

…I’ve got tears in my eyes

• Loba February 11, 2016 at 12:08 pm

I was a bit anxious when I heard FEW models had signed this young woman, now I know why. While I get that they were going for a Glam look, everything about this shoot is just wrong; From hair, to make-up and even the clothes. They should have kept some of that rawness we saw in her shoot with Thisdaystyle. This just looks very tacky!

• Bleed Blue February 11, 2016 at 2:20 pm

I have to agree with you.

But I’m hopeful that these are just teething problems that will go away eventually when Few Models takes some time to review feedback.

The hair and make-up is just too much of a switch from the sweet-faced Jumoke we all fell in love with.

I also get they were going for “glam” but they need to remember that she’s on a journey which the whole world seems to be enjoying. Is there any need to rush her to a destination?

• Missy February 11, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Please send me your address. I need to send u a dozen roses. You couldn’t have said it better.

• Fisayo February 11, 2016 at 4:30 pm

@Bleed blue I will add 10 to Missy’s roses. You really hit the nail on the head.

• Dee February 11, 2016 at 12:09 pm

When God is ready to work….he finishes it with no stone left unturn.

• AfriDeo February 11, 2016 at 12:14 pm

The moment God pick your call, limelight and wealth go become your right

Meanwhile @AfriDeo brings daily must watch Nigeria videos, a video discovery and sharing community for Nigerians.

• person February 11, 2016 at 12:15 pm

the makeup is a NO NO!!! CHAI. warrisdis. She looks like any normal naija babe now. bring back the afro and the nude/ minimal makeup please!!

• ATL’s finest February 11, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Chai! I see life ooo.. When God speaks . she’s so beauty my goodness & who said money isn’t great? Poverty na sickness. When its your time to shine, none can stop it

• Bisi February 11, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Wonderful… Excited beyond Words. God is Great when it comes to doing favour. He does it in the most surprising way ever, even though it might have happened before to another, he makes it even more joyous when he does it again. Lord you are the best.

Now this is the Kind of story i love to see more on BellaNaija and leave comment.

• person February 11, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Forgot to add: Jumoke your testimony is ground breaking!!! God pls remember me too this 2016 o. AMEN!!

• lotus flower February 11, 2016 at 12:24 pm

I;m happy for her! However, why is long weave and heavy make-up the default glam look now? She looked more elegant, glam, and beautiful with her short natural hair and softer makeup.
    Less is more.

• LEM February 11, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Aww! So many good things happening for this lady. More will continue to happen for her and her family.

• Favour February 11, 2016 at 12:35 pm

I pray that she won’t miss her step cos of this fame,read from her story that she’s married wif 2kids and her husband is with the older kid in Ire osun state while she’s in Lagos for greener pastures. With all these cute pics,beautiful clothes am sure some rich dudes will be eyeing her already since they are aware that she’s a JJC. God please guide and guard her steps.

• kilipot February 11, 2016 at 12:35 pm

So happy to know she’s getting all she needs to be better. I hope she fits nicely in the process/system also,makes a hell of money and be a force to reckon with.
    Ps the brows are tacky abeg.

• labelle February 11, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Really happy for her and I hope she gets a good mentor that will lead her the right way and good people around her. But dem brows though? no. Just no. lol.

• johndoe February 11, 2016 at 12:47 pm

the makeup artist should be set on fire!!!! WTF is this shit , she looks like a drag queen

• Ms Jayee February 11, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Olajumoke! Olajumoke!! Olajumoke!!! Does she even know CNN , Huffington Post and Buzz Feed? chai! On another note, this make-up is not working for her. Aunty Bimpe’s work was far better. This has added years to her age.

• Ch February 11, 2016 at 12:52 pm

And this is how bad makeup artists and stylists messed up her natural beauty with the overly done makeup and unflattering clothes, If I could meet Jumoke, my advice to her would be “Arise, shine; for your light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen on you. But this doesn’t mean you have to go with this modelling craze”. Am sure if she asked for something tangible that will sort her out for life, like learn bakery, cake making, fully furnished bakery, or skillfully and tastefully master the hairdressing with a studio all set up for her, she can start her own business which can grow into something really large. I’m sincerely happy for her though so no hate comments on my thoughts abeg… My own tuppence

• Pinkfunkie February 11, 2016 at 1:03 pm

The power of social media.
    All the best to a new beginning.

• prince February 11, 2016 at 1:19 pm

I just have to blast in tongues. This is a miracle, call it coincidence if you wish but there are lots of people selling bread on that street and in that area.
    When God is about your business, Kings will loose their sleep because of you. Many people think TY just came up with the ‘Street Photo shoot’ thing, NO!!! The main reason for the photo session was ‘OLAJUMOKE’ and not even Tinnie Tempah because the world isn’t talking about Tempah right now. The world is talking about OLAJUMOKE “The Bread Seller”. What a set time. Lord, I stand in awe of YOU

• MamaD February 11, 2016 at 1:20 pm

One house! Please, is it my eyes or something else? Jumoke has some resemblance with Zainab Balogun. From the day her news came up then I saw Thisday cover and said, “Wow, Zainab”.Just to look at the entire cover and saw a different name.

• Tell me February 11, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Absolutely! there is a resemblance, but not enough to mistake on for the other! (in my opinion) 🙂

• Corolla February 11, 2016 at 1:24 pm

…and that red jumpsuit screams tacky!

• Nneka February 11, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Pure meanness please who ever put those shut on her face n cloths on het body are dreaming killers.how can they be so mean.this babe was better of in the thisday photoshot.Am beginning to think she should be more ofa face model than cloths and run way.but first fire the makeup artist.no wonder her name wasn’t mentioned
    But I trust April by kunbi can do bettet

• Nnamdi February 11, 2016 at 1:46 pm

I hope the don’t package her too much let her be natural but the make up artist need to get fired he or she is an olodo at there job

• bijouxthisbijouthat February 11, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Now she is looking like all those normal pancake faced make up girls in Lagos. This make up is horrible!!!! and no to weaves!!! she MUST stick to TWA!!! Dont change this girl… Bimpe did her excellent not this one.

• Bey February 11, 2016 at 2:28 pm

I don’t like this make up and wig on her, looks horrible. She’s mire beautiful when she’s natural with her Afro and minimal make up.

• Bey February 11, 2016 at 2:29 pm

.*more

• john adesuyan February 11, 2016 at 2:37 pm

The value of waiting is a value of a lifetime. If we know how to wait, life shall be easy because God knows what to give us at the right time.

• Oloye February 11, 2016 at 2:46 pm

God bless TYBello!

Who’s Jumoke’s lawyer, agent and adviser? Who monitors what she signs and manages her income from here?

From experience, all of these media ‘boboyaya’ might just fade away in couple of months. In 9ja, we lack follow-up spirit and we flow with the media. Anywhere media faces, we face..

#TalentManagement is important at this point..? How does she get educated, make and manage money etc such that she can eat from her real hustle going forward and not ‘sympathimaticsm’.?

• @edDREAMZ February 11, 2016 at 2:51 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    God come and scatter and embarass me with blessings abeg……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Nancy February 11, 2016 at 2:53 pm

This girl is so blessed. I can endorsements coming for her .

but why did they put so much makeup on her? and why are they making her best colour RED?

anyways i love her… please Jumoke dont hang out to much with all these bitchy Nigerian plastic female wanna-be celebrities then become bitchy and vain ooooo. Remember to love people and be humble like TY Bello.

God bless her Cinderella Story.

• keeks February 11, 2016 at 4:11 pm

I literally cringed when i saw this selfie, who deemed it fit to Laminate this drag queen makeup on this Beauty’s face? it was her natural essence that was captivating, whats with the lightning of zeus eyebrow on her face? who did this to her? if Tyra where here, she would rub off everything completely off her face. warrisdis now? its not even well done, can see the outline of the brows, the tracks of the weave, who who, who did this? AM SO FRIGGIN PISSED!!! she needs to have a solid team… ON A SIDE NOTE, HAS ANYONE NOTICED THAT NONE OF OUR NAIJA CELEBS (d major ones) HAVE COME TO SHOW SUPPORT/ SOLIDARITY WITH JUMOKE? do i smell jealousy in the air?#tea anyone?

• Vic February 11, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Anytime I read her story,I get tears in my eyes.i am not giving up,He makes all things beautiful in his time.May her miracles never end.

• bibi February 11, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Her face is small and cute, those brows need to be slimmer! i can see the edges of the wig, red is definitely NOT her color. who styled this woman? the team at FEW? pls they should all be fired!!! i am upset because some set of people who think they know style will be imposing what they think looks good on her. the makeup artist isn’t even proud of her work to take credit.. Simplicity works for her, tasteful elegance not GLAM! this is even tacky glam. who is responsible for this look???

• bruno February 11, 2016 at 4:46 pm

I will not say anything.

this country is so messed up that we are always looking for something that will give us hope.

this artificial hair and excessive makeup and modelling u people are forcing upon her, I hope u people know what u are doing. I hope this is what she wants.

• Bleed Blue February 11, 2016 at 5:07 pm

LOL! But bruno, you started with you “will not say anything” but alas….you couldn’t help yourself.

Gotta love me some bruno 🙂

• Del February 11, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Can the make up artist that did this kindly identify herself..

• tamunotonye February 11, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Olajumoke of the most high God, u are blessed beyond words n this is only the beginning.

• Dayo February 11, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Could it be that this picture was taken in the spirit of valentine; because almost everything she’s wearing is red color. From lipstick to the dress and then her sandal….. Just thinking though

• Bubu February 11, 2016 at 5:03 pm

@ adelegirl In fact Ori e pe. The make up has being annoying me since yesterday. When everybody wants to be a makeup artist. This is what u get. Ahnahn warridis now!!

• Engoz February 11, 2016 at 5:04 pm

The make-up is beyond ridiculous. Nigerian make-up artistes need to know how to work with people’s faces. We all have different features. Work with each individual’s features rather than thinking that one generic template would work for everyone.

• Zlalae February 11, 2016 at 5:30 pm

MUA contact. Pls dont slap her too much ooo
    Adedayo @christine_creations Pro Makeup Artist/Instructor ?22 Emina crescent Off Toyin str Ikeja.?16 Osapa Road, Lekki.☎️08073511952/08131063917 ?christinecreations1@gmail.com

• chi-e-z February 11, 2016 at 5:34 pm

jumoke you’re naturally beautiful don’t these nigeria “MUA” f u up with their tacky square brow 3shades lighter than natural complexion awful as h#ll makeup.

• Passerby February 11, 2016 at 5:51 pm

They literally killed and drowned this natural beauty with this hideous shrek make up.
    Part of the art of make up is knowing how much or how little is needed. This woman belongs to the category of people who should wear nude make up. Just barely something to highlight the gift of flawless beauty that she has.

Never the less, it’s a great story and I pray it only gets better for her and that this blessing will not become a trial. Amen

• Zandyzay February 11, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Sometimes I just imagine what we do to ourselves sometime we shy away or run from ‘the public’ or ‘what does not concern us’. I can imagine how many hawkers on the street the said day but on seeing the. Camera will run away or just shy away from appearing in ‘unwanted places’. Order my steps O Lord!

• WOWSA February 11, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Dammit! Checkout BAE right hurr. Va-Va-Voom! She’s a hottie with hair/make-up & fashion pieces. All I can say is nobody is unattractive or better yet never call anyone ugly. Anyone can look externally beautiful with the right glam-squad! BOOM

• Honeycrown February 11, 2016 at 8:15 pm

This make up artist take style wicked sha! Anyhow, I’m just so happy for Jumoke! Been rooting for her since I saw the photo shoot. This is just the beginning of better things to come o! I pray she has a good team that will have her best interest in mind.

• KEEP_HER_NATURAL February 11, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Her uniqueness of distinct natural beauty SHOULD remain her selling brand. PLEASE KEEP MAKE-UP OFF. Actually, I meant COMPLETELY OFF. Add sophistication but keep her natural.

• Anonon February 11, 2016 at 9:26 pm

What is it with Nigerian MUA’s and large, overdone brows? ?? They have this tendency of making every lady look the same. Please, you guys need to learn to highlight the natural beauty of your clients and not make them all look the same “barbie-dollish” (if there is a word like this) way when you are through with them.

Meanwhile, Olajumoke, CONGRATULATIONS and good luck on this new journey you have embarked upon.

• olakunbi February 11, 2016 at 10:46 pm

I hav 2 give credit 2 Tybello 4 allowing God 2 use her n all praises 2 God on behalf of Olajumoke. Always working wonders #Glory

• PD Young Billionaire February 12, 2016 at 1:17 am

Pretty girl….bad make up.God bless u more Jumoke.

• Elizabeth February 12, 2016 at 1:19 am

I wish her all the best. I hope she learns English, so that she can read all these contracts and articles about her. Hopefully, one day she’ll be able to open her own hair salon if that’s what she wants.

• IyaT February 12, 2016 at 1:44 am

Her natural beauty is being choked by the garish makeup. Somebody save her!

• Yummynomy February 12, 2016 at 8:10 am

Bella you people should discover me.

• Abiola February 12, 2016 at 9:56 pm

For her, less is more. I think that’s way too much makeup on her. They need to emphasize her natural beauty in my opinion.

• Tosho Akinrinola February 17, 2016 at 12:54 pm

God uses different means to teach us lessons; to start with, this lady appears as a dedicated and supportive wife to her husband, she in her bid to support the husband took to hawking bread, leaving behind a more condusive, easier life in Ire to Lagos. She has not forgotten her husband and her purpose, hence the heavy pile of bread she has to carry everyday. God has smiled on her giving her this new life, the Bible makes it clear as concerning her that he who has started the good work in her, shall complete it. She will not derail and the Lord shall continue to guide her steps in this new terrain.

• bortaflai March 7, 2016 at 2:05 pm

I am all out of words. Just know that GOD moves in mysterious ways. For those that think there ain’t no GOD, this story should make you have a rethink! Awesome story! GOD be with you JUMOKE, all the way