In an interview with Punch Newspaper’s Saturday Beats, Nollywood actor Emeka Ike is opening up about a lot of things including Ibinabo Fiberesima’s jail term, being the new AGN President and more.

According to the interviewer, Emeka Ike said that he has always told people the AGN seat wasn’t fit for Ibinabo because she had a criminal case in court, but people wouldn’t listen to him.

See his words below.

On being appointed the new AGN President: “My victory at the court has nothing to do with Ibinabo’s predicament. This case is different and if Ibinabo is going to go to jail for my own case, they should come and beg me. Instead of them to come and beg me, they are still going to the press to say all sorts of rubbish about me. There is still a second jail term for Ibinabo. It is called contempt of court and it would also include Segun Arinze. People have threatened to kill me but I am not scared of them. I am waiting for them and I would look them in the face and tell them that they are evil and I am righteous. I did not take the issue to the police but straight to the court and I am happy that justice has been served. Anyone that ties Ibinabo’s plight to my victory is only trying to blackmail me and I know they would not stop blackmailing me. How can anyone say that I sent Ibinabo to jail? Am I the Giwa family or the government?

On Ibinabo’s jail term: How can I be happy that Ibinabo has been sentenced to jail? I feel very bad. The people saying that I am happy about the sentence are actually Ibinabo’s enemies. This is a lady that was used because of the powers she could garner and control. Some people were using her and now that they have messed her up, they are still using her in prison. Ibinabo would never say that Emeka Ike sent her to jail, it is impossible because she knows why she is there. What I was only telling Nigerians is that people of Ibinabo’s status do not contest for any public office. Should we stop telling the truth? She had a criminal issue in court. Let’s leave sentiments, we have to be realistic. I cannot be happy about her predicament because it is rather unfortunate that she is surrounded by the wrong people and advisers; she was surrounded by sycophants. Instead of them to tell her how to solve her problem, they were pushing her to jail and now that she is in jail, they will not leave her alone. Why did they not advise her to form a team and go to Giwa’s family house and roll on the floor for forgiveness? They could have sent her away for days but they would not send her away forever. We are a cultural people, I am sure that after going repeatedly, an elder in the family would plead on her behalf and say something like, ‘our son is dead and nothing can bring him back, let us just forgive her.’ She should have been very remorseful but she wasn’t. We told Nigerians that some of us would not agree but they began to call us names because we took the matter to court.

See the full feature here.

35 Comments on Emeka Ike opens up on being the new AGN President & Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Jail Sentence
  • bruno March 26, 2016 at 10:55 am

emeka ike shame on u. dont even pretend, u are happy ibinabo is going to jail.

now u are president pls change those igbo suits u love wearing.

• TO BRUNO April 2, 2016 at 7:33 am

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY IGBO SUITS? What an extremely unpleasant and wicked comment!

• truthslayer March 26, 2016 at 11:22 am

Emeka Ike tho, it’s a shame a wife beater can b a leader

• eyong March 26, 2016 at 11:23 am

This interview makes sense sha. Im happy he finally got the gig. He’s been pining for this title since how many years now, so, though unconventionally, he ended up in the office.

Now your first task as president is to get the FG to use that 200 million Dollars they set aside for “developing nollywood” to build cinemas. Nigeria can’t even boast of over 20 certified cinemas and for a country which holds the title as the seventh most populated, thats a lot of wasted potential. Lagos alone should have well over a hundred cinemas to contest with its 7 million people. Theres obviously a huge fan base, i just dont get why no one is trying to capitalize on it. Like kunle Afolayan said “by the time nigeria has 100 cinemas, we’ll start seeing opening weekened box office of $2 M”. More money coming in means better production values, higher pay for actors more job availability for crews (lighting, costume, makeup, micmen, etc) and more taxes for the government. EVERYONE WINS! I wish Africans could start thinking outside the box, man. Just too much wasted potiential amongat us.

• 4Real? March 26, 2016 at 11:33 am

Dis guy didn’t actually say all these, did he? Whoa! This guy is simply insensitive and needs help. There’s a big difference btw saying d truth and being very stupid!

• TO 4Real April 2, 2016 at 7:42 am

HE’S ONLY SPEAKING THE TRUTH — if you are a convicted criminal, you CANNOT HOLD PUBLIC OFFICE IN NIGERIA***

Also, if her sycophants had advised her properly [organize your politician friends and ELDERS from your village] the GIWA family would have forgiven her, and the case would have been closed and settled outside the court … in accordance with our culture [don’t be naïve – this native procedure is alive and very well]

POSER: If a drunk driver kills both your parents, would you still feel as you do, or would you be disgusted that the reckless killer of your parents is roaming around the country, HOLDING PUBLIC OFFICE?.

• cocozee March 26, 2016 at 11:38 am

I can’t just help this feeling of strong dislike that I have for emeka ike.so now you are president and almost everyone dislikes you..bravo!
    Pls leave ibinabo alone let her fight her demons biko.stop the gloating.

• Kiki March 26, 2016 at 1:00 pm

I thought I was the only one who strongly dislikes this man. Gosh! And Emeka, Now that you are president, it won’t stop you from been a very bad actor too, shey you know?

• Chiiii March 26, 2016 at 11:49 am

Hmmmm…..i’m not excited about Ibinabo’s predicament though,but her been sentenced to jail is a step in the right order in the Nigerian Law system. I saw posts by her Supposed son on Instagram pleading for prayers and ‘its likes’
    why didn’t she use those posts and pictures to plead since all this shit happened? why didn’t you plead with the family of the deceased all this while? I believe in the ‘if I ask you today and you dn’t grant my request;I will again and again until my request is granted Shit’.
    Now for those who feel she doesn’t deserve tge sentence ..How would you feel if your bread winner was dead cos of someone’s drunkeness? Seat in the couch and sip Zobo?
    let’s be realistic pls.
    thank your stars this didn’t happen in Ghana.
    Ma br33 paaaan!

• Lagos is my home March 26, 2016 at 12:25 pm

He didn’t come across well in this interview. ….if these are his actual words then all i can say shame on him as a person

• Eka Odee March 26, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Emeka well done. This interview has confirmed that you are a wide beater as alleged. Am not in support of Ibinabo’s attitude but Emeka you lack common sense. I wonder how you will show leadership?

• Ommmmoooo March 26, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Mehn this interview dey one kian ooooo dude gat no chill whatsoever so insensitive

• Just asking March 26, 2016 at 1:12 pm

What’s the big deal with this AGN President sef. What the f- is it and why are all these mutherf-ers always fighting for that stupid role.

• Fleur March 26, 2016 at 2:13 pm

So much vitriol from this man. So you have been angling for this position for how long again? And what are your plans for the organization and how are they so different from ibinabo’s that you have to spend your resources going to court for years? AGN beware of your bank accounts. That said, The difference between people living in civilized societies and Nigeria is that once they have legal issues that may distract attention from our bring bad attention to their work, they step down until the issue goes away. They don’t hold the organization captive pending when their issues will be resolved.

• Becca March 26, 2016 at 2:17 pm

your speech shows that u are a sycophant

• Toto March 26, 2016 at 2:49 pm

the way Kenyans love him sad to learn he is not wanted

• keke driver March 26, 2016 at 3:14 pm

I do not really like Emeka, but I kinda support Him on this one, Ibinabo wasn’t remorseful at all, She should therefore serve Her time…shikena

• chi-e-z March 26, 2016 at 4:11 pm

so this woman beater is president abi? mschew …

• Ariz March 26, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Emeka..a case of a handsome man with an evil, ugly slimy heart. How can a confirmed wife beater hold such a position.. A man who has no respect for women or the law. Keep your mouth shut cos you are also a murderer..if your wife didn’t have the guts to leave touy..she would have been dead by now..evil incarnate!

• swagg1 March 26, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Pls there is no story here, move on ppl. This is not important but just 2 ppl fighting over a worthless postion.

• PD Young Billionaire March 26, 2016 at 5:22 pm

No difference btwn a wife beater and someone that has a criminal case if you would ask me..

• Peace maker March 26, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Go and sit down 4 God knows you have ever wanted this to make Ib go down *i am going in for her she must not go to jail*

• meeland March 26, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Emeka Ike would always be that kind of person without somuch sense, I hate the Fact he got that post, a lot of people dislike him he his so arrogant, as for ibinabo I God guild her through no one would want to be in this situation

• Lloo March 26, 2016 at 6:38 pm

Immature mind. Stop talking nonsense u wanted to see that ibinabo was sentenced to death. Wicked heart, this guy is so stupid.

• purple March 26, 2016 at 9:14 pm

I wish them both all d best .

• purple March 26, 2016 at 9:17 pm

AGN Never get president both of them are not qualified. They should conduct another election

• Oluwakemi March 26, 2016 at 9:23 pm

i just never like this guy…..but finally i have a real reason to still not like him, his acting just irritates me and the insensitivity from this interview is just wrong… Never kick a person when he/she is down.

• Janelle March 26, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Did I hear him say he is righteous?

• Ijebujesha March 27, 2016 at 5:28 am

For the President of any organization, I would pick a wife beater over an unremorseful, arrogant killer a millon times. None is ideal though. Ibinabo will rot in jail.

• Omolara1 March 27, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Oh!I don’t want 2 believe wat I just read,emaka u don’t laugh on another person dawn u don’t no wat wil hapen 2 u o pls have ts sad may God help ibinabor….

• Eka Odee March 27, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Mr Ijebujesha, take it easy for no one knows tomorrow. Never mock a blind man when you are still in the forest. You never can tell a branch might meet your eyes. Remember you don’t kick a man that is already down. No matter what it is more rewarding to forgive people their trespasses. Remember, l do not support Ibinabo’s attitude but let mercy prevail over judgement. May God help us.

• emmy emeka March 28, 2016 at 9:44 am

All of you should stop judging nd get ur hand out from ur phone keyboard. condemning him nd the lady. Where yu dia? Do yu know how it started? U jus read what human lik u wrote u r vibrating.

• #De. Senator.Com April 5, 2016 at 4:39 am

Judgement is of the Lord ,Not of man ,,God sees and God is not blind ,God knows that all these things will happen#all we need nw is prayers”not blames or insults “May God bless u all……….#Emmanuel Michaels De Senator(DGN)

• Joe April 8, 2016 at 11:04 am

Can another elections be conducted asap???