Mo Abudu, Olajumoke Orisaguna

Mo Abudu, Olajumoke Orisaguna

Yesterday, to mark the 2016 International Women’s day, EbonyLife Films on the 8th of March 2016 hosted about 200 women to a private champagne screening of the movie FIFTY at the Genesis Deluxe Cinemas in The Palms shopping mall Lekki, Lagos.

The star-studded event was attended by Mo Abudu, Omoni Oboli, Nse Ikpe-Etim, Dakore Akande, Ireti Doyle, Kemi ‘Lala’ Akindoju, Omawumi, Ruby Gyang, Uzor Osimpa, Olajumoke Orisaguna and more.

Speaking at the event, Founder of EbonyLife Films and Executive producer of ‘FIFTY’, Mo Abudu stated “It is international women’s day and I thought it would be nice to extend a gesture to women everywhere of all ages and background and treat them to a private screening of our movie FIFTY. This is also a girl’s night out that will have champagne, popcorn and special cupcakes served all in a bid to celebrate women as we all have a story worth celebrating. It promises to be so much fun”.

See the photos below.

Kachi Nnochiri

Kachi Nnochiri

Mo Abudu, Victoria Akintunde, Temidayo Abudu

Mo Abudu, Victoria Akintunde, Temidayo Abudu

Timini Egbuson

Screening

IMG_9323 IMG_9329 IMG_9335 IMG_9365 IMG_9366 IMG_9368 IMG_9379 IMG_9398 IMG_9539

51 Comments on Mo Abudu, Omoni Oboli, Olajumoke Orisaguna & More at the Private International Women’s Day Screening of “Fifty”
  • Munachi March 9, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Hey, please I need to be properly guided as regards sending articles for your weekly feature
    Kind regards.

• Kitty March 9, 2016 at 1:37 pm

The movie is already on Netflix what other private screening

• vee March 9, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Hey Kitty,please where on Netflix because i have searched all through but cant seem to find it..or is it there a specific search crtieria?

• Opraah March 9, 2016 at 8:21 pm

@Vee check under the tab for new movies or use the search box to search for any naija movie that you know is already on Netflix and it should come up under movies that are similar to the one you searched for.

• Bide March 9, 2016 at 9:23 pm

it’s actually there. try searching for “fifty” it should come up

• Tikka Masala March 9, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Sigh…should I comment? Maybe I shouldn’t and wait for y’all. Can y’all guess what I want to comment on? Or should I just let her/it be great? **walking away sipping tea***

• beauty March 9, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Now, I want popcorn! Plus, I would have loved to hear what Olajumoke was saying…

• Just Saying…… March 9, 2016 at 2:02 pm

Ok. Considering as Olajumoke only speaks and understands Yoruba, I am a tad bit confused as to what she was doing at a private movie screening. I am assuming the movie is shown in English, which means she didn’t even understand the movie at all. No hating but I am actually getting exhausted of the Olajumoke brand exploitation.

• Beeeee March 9, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Be careful o, before some people call you “enemy of progress” for saying what a lot of people want to say but are so afraid to say.

• Igwe March 9, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Yoruba is the language she understands perfectly. Its not like she doesn’t understand a word of English; she’s just not fluent. She speaks broken-English. Her English is definitely not as strong as your own or mine; but its not like she doesn’t understand a word of English.

• Jemila March 9, 2016 at 3:33 pm

really? do you think she does not understand English? guesss you didn’t get the memo…English isn’t her first language and she is so proud to communicate in the language she knows best…how about you?…am sure you don’t know the origin of the language you call English…#originality…..

• ola March 9, 2016 at 5:50 pm

No mind them…one of those people always proud they cant speak there mother tongue…..Nigeria still where it is after so many years of independence all cos of this so called English language…..i dont know who says chemistry and physics cant be taught in our native languages.

• Mamacita March 9, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Dear Ola, you are an ignorant oaf!

I would have used a few colourful adjectives to describe your level of stupidity but the moderator will not let you read this if I do.

• Akweyon March 22, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Consider she speaks in Yoruba Language, is any harm done?

• ty March 9, 2016 at 2:08 pm

I can now say I am truly happy for Jumoke.. yes, she is a woman, a mother a wife… not some omo oni bredi that jam fame… I thank God for His grace over her life. Can the government find ways of dignifying Nigerian women… to be brand ambassador of the country and not some item to be used and violated as common in our society???

• Na wao March 9, 2016 at 2:24 pm

I just love this little lady called Olajumoke Orisaguna. Everyone just loves to see her in any form. There is something about her that makes people happy, maybe it’s the story from grass to grace, but there must be more. Time will tell. Yes she cannot speak English, but English is not her mother tongue. Her speaking Yoruba is ok by most of us. It time we start appreciating our own languages.

• shaday March 9, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Okay so I need to air my opinion about this Olajumoke brouhaha and Mr CGPA of life. First and foremost, they are both different people from different walks of life. While Mr CGPA dusted his books for lectures everyday (or most), Olajumoke dusted her ‘osuka’ to balance her Agege bread every morning. They both worked hard and are obviously reaping their respective fruits. Favor doesn’t come fair most times but ‘favor’ aside, they are both human beings and one is NOT BETTER than the other. So, I don’t get why people are rallying round saying ‘why celebrate mediocrity’ (*fashion, modelling etc) instead of someone with academic excellence. Errr… this mediocrity is an industry and pays the bills for some people, and for some people education. Brands jumping on the Jumoke-wagon are being tongue-lashed, errr, you’d do the same if public culture resonates with what is ‘mediocre’ too, after all at the end of the day, it’s about hitting the bottom line, more buzz, more awareness, more ‘moolah!’ however, jump on the wagon with sense. Trust me, they are not even being savage enough, If we’re concerned about the younger generations observing, well they can always make their choices. If they are smart, they would realize hard-work pays, at times it doesn’t, but work hard anyway. Unfair favor just might smile on you but if it doesn’t, create your own favor.

• Tee March 9, 2016 at 2:41 pm

How much was the budget for this film and the box office? Hmmmmm I bet they made their money sha. Aunty Omawunmi be looking like dem Ireti Doyle’s mate, and to think I’m 3yrs older than you is unbelievable. You look like aunty even in person. Wetin happen to the empty seats? I never see this movie cos the last comment I read on this blog about it wasn’t very pleasant. Anybody fit summarise?

• Heeba March 9, 2016 at 3:07 pm

I watched the movie was very dissapointed .it was highly marketed and promoted i was expecting a theme,plot, suspense drama some fiction…it was more like a reality movie (realities of Lagos couples and families) well everyone is different did not do it for me…. Watch kunle afolayan OCTOBER..

• Beeeee March 9, 2016 at 3:10 pm

I saw it on Netflix, it wasn’t as bad as the reviews…I was just unhappy with the end…it still left some unanswered questions…..unless, there is a Fifty -Five or Sixty coming..lol

• Bide March 9, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Me too, They could have done better with the end

• Olu March 9, 2016 at 2:43 pm

1. Would Mo Abudu gladly take a picture with Olajumoke ‘back in the days’……?
    2. I like Olajumoke’s dress…..
    3. I’m looking at some shoes here and thinking of the 80s when my mom used to take me to her secretariat office.

• Beeeee March 9, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Ya just evil….lwkm

• Cabrini March 9, 2016 at 3:33 pm

In line with your first question, I’d say that everyone wants to be associated with fame and success. I bet some people are taking advantage of Jumoke to “promote” their “biz”. I hope they don’t abandon her when the hype dies down completely….

• NANA March 9, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Mo Abudu exploits people well, she’s taking a picture with her, next thing you know Mo Abudu will invite her to Moments with Mo for an interview. The lady can exploit with style.

• Akweyon March 22, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Moment with Mo will also assist Olajumoke in a way, Imagine millions of viewers who will be seen Olajumoke and loving her brand. Mo too should smile in a way. Its a win- win thing to me if MO decided to present her on her program. No harm no loss. All gains

• Mr. Egghead March 9, 2016 at 2:47 pm

I am curious

When Jumoke was given the microphone, what did she say? We don’t want any ngbati-ngbati because I’m sure Sandra Amario doesn’t speak Yoruba. lolz

• Jemila March 9, 2016 at 3:37 pm

who you be sef? who is your father in the army……#originality….question? is English your first language?…am sure na pidgin you first speak until you maaaaaaaanage to learn English…

• bey March 9, 2016 at 3:05 pm

@just saying. ..if jumoke were to be someone u knew…would u b tired of her being all over the media??? …*just saying* *sips tea*…anyways nice pictures…yet to still see this movie.

• Ami March 9, 2016 at 3:09 pm

The acting was beautiful but the story line was just not it…

• LOL March 9, 2016 at 3:21 pm

I can’t wait to see Jumoke’s debut in a Yoruba speaking film or event, like she originally expressed to Ty Bello, what’s more I can wait to see and hear her talking about how she’s receiving world class training in hair management like Vidal Sasson standard.
    I wonder who her agent is because if it’s with Few model, then that’s conflict of interest with what she actually expressed as wanting to do. I pray that it isn’t until people lose interest in her that people around her will ‘push’ her into these aforementioned areas!

• Jemila March 9, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Ok trolls…..let the hating begin…meanwhile our girl is living the life and very happy….una don meet mo’ before?….hehehehehe

• Timothy March 9, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Shut up Jemilia you and your brainless comments are not doing the girl any favours. Thank God you are not on her PR Team. You so tactless you’ll just make people not like her. She don’t need a troll like you fighting her corner. What kind of reversed witchy psychology are you using here . Please crawl back into your cave and leave her alone Ce.

• Jemila March 10, 2016 at 5:37 pm

and who are you?

• Jemila March 10, 2016 at 5:39 pm

timoti…who are you?

• Gbemi March 9, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Its high time, MADAM MO ABUDU starts dressing her age abeg….

• sonique March 9, 2016 at 4:16 pm

so what’s wrong with how she dresses?….all these Tatafo always looking for something negative to say.

• Igwe March 9, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Nothing. But she tries too hard to look older and some outfits clearly don’t fit her. I remember when she went overboard with weight loss; it made her look awful.

• Igwe March 9, 2016 at 5:42 pm

I meant to say, she tries too hard to look younger.

• adeanon March 9, 2016 at 5:10 pm

How do people ‘her age ‘ dress? She is a midi dress, elegant not showing boobs or ass. Her arms are extremely toned. She looks classy. What do you suggest she wear? boubou?

• prince March 9, 2016 at 4:14 pm

CHAI, Ireti Doyle, I want to be your SUGAR SON!!! She’s so hot here, I love you ma’am

• fixnigeriaseries March 9, 2016 at 4:43 pm

How all you “world people” managed to turn this into a post about Jumoke sha….:-0

I was at the screening and I thought it was a wonderful initiative, to celebrate International Women’s Day. More power to Madam Mo Abudu and her crew!

• o March 9, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Mo’s mum is looking good for her age. Beth y is Temidayo so casually dressed?

• Puzzles March 9, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Omoni looks so much better with her natural hair.

• Uber bella March 9, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Love Jumoke’s outfit here. This lady is sure going places. Ireti Doyle looks so beautiful . Mo Abudu looks trim and fit.

• bimbim March 9, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Jumoimoi with her strong hands, looking like she’s representing the women’s branch of bread hawkers association.

• jsd March 10, 2016 at 4:05 pm

English or no English …she is making frame and money. How much your english don give you

• Tosin March 10, 2016 at 6:07 pm

heart.

anybody who’s seen the film, tell us…

• designer teenven March 22, 2016 at 9:02 pm

To me it’s God’s blessing wether she speaks english or not that is not the real thing the end point is she has has the fame bet you in the next 9 months her phonetics won’t be thesame