News

ANOTHER MONDAY

BellaNaija.com

Hey Everybody,
Wow! Its another monday….sorry for being MIA last week.
I took a little trip so in the midst of preparations, I couldnt update.
Sooo how was your weekend? Mine was absolutely fabulous…..very relaxing and all that…
What did you get up to?
Not much has been happening in the world of Nigerian fashion and entertainment over the last couple of weeks but that is changing…..now that the elections are done, things are looking up!
Makari is a line of beauty products (from what I know they are Hydroquinone free lightening products….hmmmm) which is being launched in Nigeria. Florence Ita-Giwa is the face and representative of the line in Nigeria. They held a huge launch event last week and here are the pics from the event.
I have to give it to Funmi Iyanda and Nike Osinowo…WOW! They both look uber-fab!

Kate Henshaw-Nuttall & Funmi Iyanda ~ Nike Osinowo ~ Lanre da Silva-Ajayi

Kate Henshaw-Nuttall ~ Kanayo O Kanayo ~ Dora Akunyili

Karen Koshoni (I luv her dress) ~ Adesuwa Onyenokwe ~ Paul Play Dairo

Abah Folawiyo ~ Remi Osholake (Remi Lagos) ~ Nkiru Anumudu

Funmi Iyanda (Lookin Fab!) ~ Florence Ita-Giwa ~Bob-Manuel Udokwu

Kenny St. Brown ~ Ashionye Ugboh with Carl Raccah~ Dr. Doyin Abiola

John Fashanu ~ Teni Aofiyebi ~ Grace Egbagbe

Tundun Abiola ~ Data Okorodudu ~ Zizi Cardow

Taiwo Okunoren ~ Buki de la Zaria

Photos Courtesey: Purefoto

That’s it for today.
I love all the commentary especially for ‘event photos’ so analyze away!
Who were the best dressed? What do you think about the event? Makari and skin-lightening products in general.
Let us know.

Love and Kisses.
Bella

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. azuka

May 21, 2007 at 7:15 am

Nice outfits.

Naija men need to represent oh!

2. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 7:18 am

nice post!!!!!!!

3. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 7:34 am

….

4. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 7:39 am

heyyyyyyyyyyy!.. make una see me see #3!!! hurray..
    my mission here is 2 spots away…
    kpakpie, dammie, …i thot i told ya?? WATCH-OUT THE “NEW GUY” STILL DEY!

oya now to the post…bella well done again…. the pics are nice… that da silva woman looks sweet….and funmi..hotter than i met her o…emm who remain… yeah is that a blue belt bob is wearing? if yes .. NA WA FOR COLOR CLASSES… anyways … in all the pics are lovely…

5. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 8:21 am

I like Tundun and Data’s outfits more. Tundun’s dress is defnitely purrrrrty!

6. butterfliesandstars

May 21, 2007 at 8:55 am

Think Data, Tundun and Funmi are the best dressed. Funmi would look great in almost anything short with those legs!!!
    Love that Lanre stays true to the Victorian era – she has carved a niche for herself.
    Makari-well, more for the rich ones to waste money on and then look very fake at 60.
    Mmwah!

7. TC

May 21, 2007 at 9:13 am

Bella…glad you had a relaxing trip so oya this week better drop hattt stuvvs all week and call me sef update me 🙂

Now, u this babe – nike osinowo-soleye?? is it official that shes married?? she looked fab, tundun abiola looked good too, funmi iyanda rocked that outfit – i just feel the urgent need to touch it to see what kind of material it is – it looked very pvcish but she looked fab. My fave outfit was LDA’s because not only was the dress stylish, she looked fab, hair check, makeup check dress check and biko find out what kinda bag that was cos bag check loll
    holla atcha girl!!!

8. Nkechi

May 21, 2007 at 9:41 am

that taiwo guy looks sharrp…and the buki de la zaria, i like her dress.i actually think that what funmi is wearing is not age-appropriate…it fits her body but i dont like her braids…her forehead is quite large so she needs a better hairstyle.zizi falls into the same category…the attire was simply inappropriate.i like what kate henshaw is wearing…its ‘grown and sexy’.ashionye looked pretty and glamorous…she’s getting the popstar look well…nice pics…very entertaining!

9. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 10:10 am

I think the ‘guest’s’ outfit was the best by a mile! She is Lisa’s sister (of the Jewel by Lisa line) and I’m guessing it is one of her creations. We have to give credit where it is due, Ab-fab!

10. Desola

May 21, 2007 at 10:25 am

Not feeling Funmi’s outfit in the least! Like the legs though but there’s just something about her dress sense that screems desperate to me. It’s like she is desperate to hold on to her youth…which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but goes a tad far. I think at this stage, she should be going for classy, elegant looks.

Now to the Amunudu or whatever she’s called. I loved her dress but hated her makeup and hair! I think the word fake was specifically coined for her! The hair extentions??? What was that? Nike, she might be a ‘ho’ but she has her fashion on the lock down! She looked so adorable that you could forget that she’s a B-i-t-c-h! She rocked that sari!

Tundun Abiola looked simply chic! Sophisticated CHIC! The oldies should learn from her…LESS IS MORE!!! You don’t have to show your thighs and your chest to look sexy or trendy!

Oh, by the way, who let the girl with the blue printed dress, red belt, black bag with tanned shoes in the hall? Dizamm!someone get the fashion police, please!!!

11. Dimples

May 21, 2007 at 11:08 am

I love our Naija women sha…they really know how to strut their stuff sha!!!
    LOVING!!
    Niken Nikiru Anumudu-FAB!! seems everyone is rocking the Asian Sari’s this season.
    Lanre Da-Silva-Nice One!!!Thank God she got the make up near-right this time.
    Sis Abah-Yes of course as normal…HOT MAMA!!
    Funmi Iyanda-FAB legs…@ nkechi..men the sister can pull it off..let’s allow her oh…catching ur drift on the hair sha.
    Iya Bakassi her sef-on point for her old age.
    Grace Egbagbe-Never fails to disappoint-anyone ever seen this babe having a bad day??
    Tundun/Taiwo Okunoren-Loving the purple..ya’ll should have come as a couple..Ok sorry dearie I figure she is a bit old sha.
    Data-Nice…love the colour a JD7 creation I wonder???

Not too sure about Makari sha…cos u know majority of the peeps @ this event aint even going to use it….me sha it’s a NO NO!!! to skin-lightening products…cos i have seen the drastic thing it does to people skin…10-15 years down the line..like acid has been poured on their skin.

12. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 11:34 am

I agree with Desola. that Funmi has a serious Fish head and def tries too hard and not only does that look pvcish it also looks 125th & west harlem, wherever that is but you catch my drift. Im feeling Nikky but really Nkii..Anumundu, who typically looks like a ghost in deer lights but she actually looks human and babe’ish with this effort.
    I did a quick re-scan of the pictures and she’s the only one standing out so Im done. Nike’s personal issues are wearing on her face.

13. chicala

May 21, 2007 at 12:48 pm

ahn ahn what happened to funmi, her face looks extremely skinny………….oh well her dress was rily nice though. I def loved nkiru’s outfit and i also felt nike osinowo’s , they both looked simply elegant!
    i dunno about ashionye’s outfit though, her dress was aight but the whole outfit wasnt well put 2gether as far as i’m concerned.

Great post bella!

14. Areagal

May 21, 2007 at 12:56 pm

BeLLZ u are back darling with a banging post. Yay!
    These our Naija women really can dress up Meeeeeeen!
    First off my girlfriend Tundun looked just to fab in her wrap dress. Classic and just chic.
    Nike akways just doing it!
    Lanre always looked transported back in time???? But Zizi Cardow?? Nne… no=MBA!! my sistah..grecian dress gone too bad. I dont know but sumn awful is worong wit dat picture.
    Those are the ones that stood out for me good and bad but they try sha. You have to give them that.

Now to Funmi. First of all to haters saying shes trying too hard?? Trying too hard for??? That dress shes wearing is just too cute and very now. If u dont like the dress say I dont like the dress dont say shes trying to BE? To be who???? just hush.. ziiiiiip sharrrapo! She is still very young and she can pull it off. J-lo is older than Funmi.. so what u trying to say?? Why do u have to insult someone, are u in her mind? Did she ever tell u anything??Just say u aint feeling the dress period. Shoo at 35 I wanna be like you Funmi U are tooooooooo Ridiculously hot and you are a mother tooooo? Ah! iz tew much.

15. Areagal

May 21, 2007 at 1:30 pm

sorry was just too excited about your post hence my typos. Feel free to shoot me- Typo police!

16. SET

May 21, 2007 at 1:46 pm

@ tc, that is a Betsey Johnson Bag LDA is wearing.

17. Dammie

May 21, 2007 at 2:41 pm

Hey B!!!

Awwwwwww, they all look sweet!! 😀

Hmmmm @ this ‘NEW GUY’. You’ll see!!

Hey TC!! Where have you been?…been wonderingg..

XxLovexX

18. Pink-satin

May 21, 2007 at 3:05 pm

nice post as usual…i think i like nike oshinowo’s outfit

19. TaureanMinx

May 21, 2007 at 3:10 pm

Nigerians never cease to amaze me with their outfits. Whats that white towel at the bottom of the page?

20. hellish

May 21, 2007 at 3:23 pm

i love Nikes outfit but this Nike that Bella is so inlove with, please what exactly does she do for a living?

with funmi, the words mutton dressed as lamb springs to mind…

everyone else looked really stylish

21. ladybrille

May 21, 2007 at 3:49 pm

Welcome back Bella. Nike Osinowo, regardless of gossip about her personal life, is just an on point style icon. She gets it everytime and rocks a mean sari.

My first reaction to Funmi’s outfit was “cheap.” Gorgeous long legs and she does keep up with the trends, after all JLo has been rocking similar/mod type long sleeve mini-dresses. However, I really think the gold/metallic fabric does not quite work here and makes her look like she’s trying too hard to keep the fountain of youth. Beautiful post, as always. Have a great day!

22. Ladybrille

May 21, 2007 at 3:51 pm

Oh! And Zizi Cardow. Don’t get me started on her. What is that she’s wearing?

23. Areagal

May 21, 2007 at 4:04 pm

LadyBrille u are right dahling! Zizi Cardow MBA!a big MBA!It almost looks like she just grabbed fabric before she the event and just one stitch on the side.. worrahel??
    I actually forgot to make a comment on the whole skin lightening thing. Don’t even get me started on that one. We need to move beyond all this LIGHTENING and love ourselves. we have the most beautiful shades of complexions why lighten??? Its just moving backwards, we need to move forward. Its really sad!

24. Uzo

May 21, 2007 at 4:24 pm

A product line with Florence ita giwa as the face? I guess not catering to the yo9unger woman…I think erroneous marketing move but nthenm again, these products are not cheap so it will be the women in her “league” that will do the buying. The skin lightening thing baffles me. I have dark skin and wouldnt want to be a shade lighter simply becuase God made me this way. I just bought some moisturizer for my face and the way i scrutinize the labels is sooo intense. I dont want any skin lightening stuff sneaking into my products

25. Uzo

May 21, 2007 at 4:27 pm

LOL…And Tundun isnt as old as you all think…LOOL….

26. Desola

May 21, 2007 at 4:31 pm

A lovely peeping toe court or pump the Yankee doodles call it would have done Tundun’s dress justice. Drop the sandals (abi what is it called in English again) pronto!

27. Dimples

May 21, 2007 at 4:32 pm

@ Uzo she must be way older than a young man that finished secondary school in year 2000 right???

28. Chude!

May 21, 2007 at 4:34 pm

Okay while you guys have a fine intellectual discussion about who’s holding on to youth and who’s not (lol) … there is an urgent issue of life and death!!!!! I wasnt a fan of WA Idol until last week when I was able to attend the live recording at Planet One – and then I discovered a new life ambition! It was a fantastic show and all … but that wasnt what hooked me … it was Omawunmi. Only seen her Ekwe performance before this … but last show, she was SIMPLY magical …

That girl has real talent – she has carried off every genre from RnB to World to Reggae … everything! So my new Life Ambition is to BEEEEEGGGGG people to vote for that TALENT!!!! Yeah Timi is a cool guy and you gals seem to think he’s cute but Omawunmi has the talent!! Let’s make the first WA Idol be about the most talented biko nu.

Vote for Omawumi, else we declare a State of Emergency!!!!

Bella … no vex i nu go… You know you’re ma girl!lol

29. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 4:34 pm

I think Funmi needs to dump this outfit. She has a nice physique but not necessarily a pretty face. Maybe she’s desparate to find something…someone..abi…it’s a free world, she can show her tits for all I care.

The girl in the Denim dress needed to have looked in the mirror before she left the house. No a good choice.

The men weren’t looking to bad.

I use Makari and it’s a good product line. I am not an advocate of skin bleaching so I use makari’s products that don’t offer any skin lightening promises.

I use the regular lotion, the Sulphur soap for acne and the skin skin for added moisture to my skin. I have noticed some results but I am not one of those who takes rubbing cream as a second job. I am never consistent but so far, the product is worth it.

I however agree that it’s highly overpriced but knowing me, I got it on wholesale at their sales outlet in New York. I actually heard of Makari from my sis in Naija before I bought mine. I have a cousin that has been selling it even before Florence Ita Giwa got wind of it. But hey, na Naija now…Big name make it better.

Pardon me, but doesn’t Florence look like a winch. I just believe her make up is too much. Less is more in my opinion.

Ok..let me carry myself go.

30. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 5:00 pm

@butterfliesandstars – there is nothing Victorian about the outfit Lanre is wearing. Better brush up on your fashion history. The outfit is appalling, it looks like a carpenter knocked it together. A damning indictment of Nigerians and their taste in fashion, one of the hottest designers indeed.

31. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 5:38 pm

Is Guest’s name Karen Koshoni? I am pretty certain that outfit was made by Lisa Folawiyo. It is just exquisite… she is super talented.

Love love love Nike Oshinowo. She is totally my style icon, she has that certain je ne sais quoi.

Taiwo Okunoren will you marry me? I love your suit, designed by himself… another uber talented designer… the cut, the fit… can’t wait for you to blow up big time… Ozwald has got nothing on you!

32. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 5:41 pm

That sari nike is wearing was designed by Mabruka, the nothern designer that was on the cover of this month’s genevieve magazine along with lanre dasilva and lisa folawiyo.

33. KOKOLET

May 21, 2007 at 5:49 pm

im so early today!!!! anyway,Funmi Iyanda looks good for her age..wait a minute hw old is she self???? neway Nike Oshinowo always represents…she got a good sense of style….this makari product wud so not be affordable,its for those who got doe to waste.. nt people like me ,if u want makari i suggest you lay low for a while….and start savin sme good bucks…by thghe way if Florence ita-Giwa uses makari.. it aint workin or its just nt good????

34. ladybrille

May 21, 2007 at 6:27 pm

Chude, LMAO with the intellectual arg. on holding on to youth. Hey too much brain exercise and we would go crazy. Women, esp., allowed vainess and talks on frivolity, opulence and waste. Seu we dey intellectual now? lol! Anywho, with u plugging Omawunmi, Na wa for u o! My broda u just dey enter cheerleading status. Omawunmi for don die o if she dey rely on fans like u 🙂 R u sure sey u no dey just secure date 4 the furture. Talk true shame devil!lol. I think Timi might have a sex appeal on an international scale that would probably make him win. You know all those oyinbo girls love dem African fine fine brodas.lol! Alright, my break is over. Back to work.

35. Anna

May 21, 2007 at 6:57 pm

thank God you refreshed this blog. i was about to sack you and your production.

36. Kpakpando

May 21, 2007 at 7:19 pm

I take God beg some of them biko, your toes need to be fully covered at all times, hide them well well

Nkiru and Nike, seriously both of you are pushing 40, you’re still planning your outfits with friends? Nike meanwhile, what kind of friend are you? your face is looking fresh and clean, meanwhile you’re letting your friend look like a broke down village masquerade. NA real wa.

I love what funmi is wearing, she doesn’t look as “feed me biko” as she sometimes does, though its a bit to shine shine for what seems like a daytime only event.

I swear Zizi Cardow has been wearing that same dress styles since forever and before then; its like someone told her she looked fabulous one day and she ordered her tailors to make the same dress in every fabric

John Fashanu is reminding me of OMATA trader types… like he’s missing a cowboy hat or something.

I love that Adesuwa is actually smiling for her picture

Aunty Abah Folawiyo thank you for understanding and implementing age appropriate attire, I may not necessarily like what you’re wearing sha, but you look like you know and accept your age. Some of your age mates look a mess.

Bob Manuel needs to either go a size up or quit the carbs for a while, look at all that creasing!

I’d like to see another view of Remi Lagos’ attire, because from this point of view, she’s looking pretty damn good (snaps fingers) u go girl!

Some people either don’t know their foundation doesn’t match or they just don’t give a feck. And i don’t know why we keep insisting on using silver eyeshadow, that mess hardly looks good on anyone.

Makari is a line of bleaching creams is it? Us Africans and our color complex sef, don’t we see others jealousing the deep tones we have in our skin?

37. Vintageneista

May 21, 2007 at 8:00 pm

Bleaching creams, I wont ever be in support of. The women at this event looked radiant.. well some of them that is. I guess thats why Tundun is Lanre da Silva Ajyis muse. Tundun looks great while Lanre s outfit is wrong everywhere, belt, humongous bag.. why?
    I also like the guest outfit. I love how the designer mixed the patterns and then trimmed it with the silk dupione at the bottom. Very clever!
    Errm Funmi, I love her but her outfit this time no-no. Its cute but not for that occasion. & Ladybrille was right about the cheap looking effect.V
    Zizi Cardow? No comment.. What an eyesore!
    Nike Osinowo takes the best dressed- just easy breezy and perfect for that occasion.
    John Fashanu is looking good!!! Taiwo is looking hot!!

38. kay

May 21, 2007 at 8:05 pm

WOW. some of the comments on ms. iyanda’s outfit are vicious and unecessary. as far as style icons go, she’s pretty high up there with the rest…so i’m not sure why people are going on and on about “age-appropriateness”, her beauty or lack of it, her hair, etc. very little that has been said has been productive or constructive. a number of you have been even been downright insolent.

now, i’m not saying you’re not entitled to your opinions. i’m simply saying that you may want to consider how you present your thoughts and how you defend your right to free speech. you probably haven’t met her (nor have i) but some of you have already made conclusions on her “desperation”/longing for youth or marriage. that makes me sick to my stomach. there’s really no need for catty assumptions of that nature, is there? stick to the script – if you don’t like her outfit, say why you don’t and leave it at that. don’t get carried away being judgmental. it is by no means justified. in any case, she is far too fabulous, respectable and accomplished a human being to sulk over what you think or don’t think of her and her outfits. still, that doesn’t make these comments any less appalling.

*my stance refers to all other equally vicious about some of the others as well…but ms. iyanda especially because i adore her to bits.

39. YOU ALL KNOW ME!!

May 21, 2007 at 8:25 pm

AHH..WHERE DOES ONE START?

TUNDUN ABIOLA?looking good?abegiii,how dare she wear those open toe monstrosities with that d.v.f’esque dress…LOOKING A HOT ASS MESS..AND SHE IS BETWEEN 30 -32,YET LOOKING ALL OLD AND TINGS..maybe if you sell all the engagemnet rings you collect you might be able to buy a pair of nice fierce heels…miaowwww!!!

AUNTY NIKE OSHINOWO–for those who care to know is just a glorified ashii,I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HER AND ANOTHER SOCIETY WOMAN G.E FOR TRYING TO PIMP I AND MY SISTERS TO SOME “BIGGER BOYS”.meanwhile,she looks good in the sari,but abeg..she needs to go and look for a day JOB….lol..akuna kuna is drying up believe me y’all

AUNTY NKIRU…chai..ayamatanga aint got nuthing on mami here…and whats with the underage ANDKO??lol lol lol..
    babes lose the weave,foundation,and everything that makes your face look like a cross between willy willy and ogbanjes first born.

LANRE DA SILVA AJAYI…top designer???is that a joke??WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS SHE WEARING??
    THERES TRYING TO BE DIFFERENT AND THERES LOOKING THE FOOLYWANG…AND SHE CROSSED THE DAMN LINE….
    that dress looks like something that will even SMELL LIKE SOMETHING THATS BEEN STUFFED IN A CUMPBOARD(YES I SAID CUMPBOARD)FOR YEARS…THAT CAMPHORISH SMELL…im sorry there is nothing victorian about that mess…andn why does she always have a “special” look??on her face?the only thing that rocks is the bag….

FLORENCE ITA GIWA…OH GAWD…OH LAWDDDD…HOW CAN SOMEONE WITH MESSY LOOKING SKIN BE THE AMBASSADOR OF A SKIN RANGE?

FUNMI IYANDA.,..screams hooker on kings cross st pancras from milesss offf….that glittery xmas wrapper dress just looks so wrong for a thousand reasons….yeah she got great legs,but thats the only thing she got going cus sister girl aint got the looks,and there are sooo many ways to dress and look classy….yeah jlo wears stuff like that without looking CHEAP…

I SEE MA GIRL CLEOPATRA AND KAREN LOOKING NICE…AND CLEO THE DIET IS WORKING GIRLL ITS WORKING YOU LOOKING GREATTTTT

40. YOU ALL KNOW ME!!

May 21, 2007 at 8:28 pm

ABEGII KAY ANYBODY IN THE PUBLIC EYE WHO THRUSTS THEIR EYESORE OUTFITS ON US SHOULD BE READY TO FACE ANY GADDEM ATTACK/CRITICISM OR WHAT NOT.
    PLEASE WHATS ALL THIS NONSENSE LECTURE AND SENTIMENT??

FUNMI LOOKS AND DRESSED LIKE A WASHED UP TART SIMPLE…THAT OUTFIT SCREAMMMSS CHEAP..HOOKER AND DESPERATE…

CEST FINIS

41. Desola

May 21, 2007 at 8:30 pm

@Kay, you have the right to feel sick right down to your stomach as you want, dearie. It’s a free world and you’re entitled to your own emotions. Shall I pass you a bucket to vomit in?

Listen Funmi looks fantastic and i’m sure a lot of women covet that figure of hers (though I think she’s far too skinny, but that is her makeup and she can’t be faulted for that so long she’s not bulemic and it all natural)

As per people castigating her. Common, it’s different strokes for different folks. I have been to Funmi’s blog and gleaned through her flicker images and there are some of her pictures in which I thought “Wow”! On this occassion however, she just isn’t cutting it for me! So what if she want’s to be noticed? What is she’s looking for a husband? I see nothing wrong with that! My personal opinion is that she tries too hard sometime and it seems she isn’t very personally creative. To me, it’s like she subscribes to all the American glossy margazines and just goes to town buying all she sees in them. I don’t see her personal style at all. I always have a “where did I see a star wearing that before…” when I see her outfits.

I think she’s a great woman and I do like her and her work but her dress sense, sometimes…? Screams you have to see me whether you like it or not to me! Hating o, or no hating that’s would be your prerogative and not mine!

42. YOU ALL KNOW ME

May 21, 2007 at 8:32 pm

DATA OKORODUDU…now thats a woman of a certain age looks dang sezzzyyyy

BUKY DE LA WAREVA…NAHH ..just noopee…whats with the headscarf?ahn ahn.,.

KENNY ST BROWN..this babes never fails to deliver..A BAGLOAD OF TRASH..
    SHEBI YOUR SISTER IS MRS DOKPESI…EHN NOW ABEGII ASK HER TO BE BORROWING U NICE FINE FINE CLOTHES..ABI..NA BY FORCE TO ROCK?

ASHIONYE..WARAEKKK????

ILL BE BACK..IM HAVING FUN//TEE HEE HEE HEE

43. tatafo!

May 21, 2007 at 8:46 pm

lmao @ the catty comments! Areagal, i just love your comments o jare, keep them rolling.

Bella i don’t know how hip you are to the arts scene in naija but it will be really nice to see a post about galleries and exhibitions around the country. I read about it on SS via NVS but it’d be nice to have another outlet.

44. Najarah

May 21, 2007 at 8:48 pm

@YOU ALL KNOW ME..lol you are a trip,infact you are so bitchy,janice dickinson has nothing on you.how did you just tear this people apart like that?
    yours are the best and funniest and cattiest comments on this post,im still laughing.

45. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 9:37 pm

@tatafo!–guess you’re on the wrong blog.I bet the only time you’ll hear of museums on this blog is when celebs are invloved…So don’t keep ur hopes up!

46. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 9:42 pm

As far as I’m concerned Florence looks like a mother winch….she needs to fire her make up person..or change the lighting in her room.

If she’s the spokesperson, then I sure as hell don’t want to look that Ugly….I’ll stick to my Olay.

Funmi….well..all I see is a girl with a big head and a skinny body with no fashion sense. One good thing though, she’s got beautiful skin. I just don’t think she pretty face wise….now her physique is ok…but she’s still too skinny.

Excuse me, don’t talk, all is fair in celebrity world….hey u don’t see me posing for paparazzos….so pls

Nike O….think she was cute but the earlier she gives up Plastic surgery the better for her.

Can pple stop bleaching? If God wanted us yellow, He would have made us that way.

Aftican pple and thier wahala..Me bleach..Tufiakwa!!!!!!!!!

47. Anonymous

May 21, 2007 at 11:38 pm

48. bibi

May 22, 2007 at 12:10 am

nice pics…some loog good, some look like theyre trying so hard..nike osinowo looks good as usual…

oh yea…i finally got my LDA outfit..and i wasnt impressed…it wasnt worth my money sha….

49. Anonymous

May 22, 2007 at 12:10 am

oga o, nigerians and their bleaching palava. i’m sure most of us know the length these white people would go to to have the type of skin we possess. sleeping under the sun, body tanning rooms, tanning creams and what not.

i like funmi iyanda, i think her blog is a good read, but she was looking to bling, bling jare-like a club dress.

bella naija – nice blog

awon razz people and their bleaching creams.

i’m sure they poured javex in the cream.

50. Cheetarah

May 22, 2007 at 1:12 am

I trully enjoyed all the comments, it made my nights,lol! But sum of these outfits,all I can say is damn,only in lagos,lol!

51. truth

May 22, 2007 at 2:35 am

Oh boy, though I don’t dig these celeb events posts anymore, I love the commentaries that add flavor to it all.Now my take….
    TAIWO OKUNOREN: sharp, hot and totally has his dress sense enscripted.i’m loving the pic.
    BUKIDELAZARIA N TUNDUN: Lovely dresses ladies.Sandals or not, you still looked good here Tundun.
    DATA: My favorite look here!
    LDA: The tan shoes and red belt flaw…hmm….you are forgiven dear.Didnt like the dress either put (here comes the psyching part…) you are still a pretty cookie.
    KENNY ST: The “hot trash” comment is purely exaggerated.She got a pass this time around.
    TENI AOFIYEBI:Lovely and classy (I miss your show too)

I’m totally off the Nike craze.’Hope the rest of you all get there someday.

ADESUWA:Really natural look and I love that smile.
    BOB MANUEL:..looks good but i’m not feeling his date/wife’s pink top et all.

52. ~Mimi~

May 22, 2007 at 5:09 am

Nike looks fab, funmi has a good figure for her age so she can pull that one off (not really feeling the colour), Zizi would have looked really gorgeous if only she shortened the other ‘arm’ of that dress.

53. kokoho

May 22, 2007 at 9:24 am

I didnt think Ziz’s fit was as bad as being made out to be I think you guys put a lot of judgement character into play because she was a pro. The dress was casual cute, she never looks like she’s trying or too very so bothered. Not everyone really poses for these pictures either. It seems to me that nki was trying to bury her head in the politest way possible and compared to ovation runs you have got to agree she looks half way normal here. LDA.. Never quite felt her pocketed dresses but its as if she is determined to make them some kind of naija staple- NEVER GONNA HAPPEN BABES FASHI E!

Tundun- another judgement character, and if Im saying it backwards OH WELLZ! You guys are just biggin her up maybe cause she’s cool with you or an alright chic but really there was nothing so dam hot there. Simple elegant chic is her staple look but maybe because its your first time you can speak on it I dont know. But yes those were some monstrosities down south.
    Nike is a babe, no effort. She just ‘gets’ it. Where so many naija women population are lost: FunmiI.

The data lady looks like she is drowning in all that effizy. abeg. Loves mrs. folawiyo or abba whatever her name is all day. She is always so stately and dignified, as sometimes Mrs. Benson.

Meeeeenn ED. You jus dey throw down anyhow bomb shelter no fit carry you! Why did you disperse that your useless blog? Find another theme thats not so EXPLICIT! Give us the juicy juice intoto!
    I knew that Grace wasn’t up to snuff.

And Bella, cool runnins for listening to ME (lllollll) and leaving up all the peppery followups! At least it holds us over till the next episode.

54. Zainab S

May 22, 2007 at 11:16 am

@YOU ALL KNOW ME.are you excessive diva?
    oh please pretty please with a cherry and dildo on top,CAN YOU COME BACK?i enjoyed your blogs so much,and i know someone that knows you and abeg now give us the gist of all the society things in lagos,we heard you have a serious leg in.
    start a new blog now.

55. fashion_police

May 22, 2007 at 11:19 am

Nkiru person; Why? Why? Why? You’ve caked on foundation that’s way too light and your extensions are a MESS. Get Banke Meshida/Tara to do you or even still dare to bare and just go with translucent powder and soft eye shadow& lipgloss Dump that crayon around the eyes, Have your hair relaxed, slicked back in a ponytail….

Nike; Ho or no Ho, you look great. Usually do too except those purple boots you ‘had’ to wear the Nail saloon event!

Aba Folawiyo- read my comments (makeup) above.!!!!!!

Tundu ; what engagement rings? Never been proposed to in all her life ( desperate to settle down tho) much younger sister is married- ok to loser Akande, The dress is nice albeit a DvF knockoff. Hate the shoes, hate the over made u face! She does look like she is in her late 30’s , but she’s apparently only 31. Even so, she has clearly passed her sell by date and is destined to remain a spinster 4 ever. Shame as it would have been nice to read about her divorce….

Funmi- what can I say? No, No No, Dress may work on JLO, but dearie you ain’t JLO plus you live in Lagos. Admire your new dawn stuff tho

Bukky alazara- clearly case of hair is due & I didn’t have time to relax it or braid it. My advice STAY AT HOME NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!

ZIZI- What da? Awful dress, awful fabric. Should never had happened….

Lisa Jewel’s sister- dress rocks! Simple, chic- go on promote ur sister

Chude- don’t even go there. Omawunmi pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!! She can sing, but she drives me crazy with that trying to be sexy/slutty stuff. Timi deserves to win hands down. Now he can SING!!!!!!!!!

LDA- u look like shit. Dress is awful & it accentuates your worst features. Ur makeup is hideous ,, (as it always is), u r all mismatched (and it ain’t cool ORVictorian). Sort ur self out!!!!!!!! And don’t care whether the bag is Betsey or Chloe. Why should we care?

And 2 all of you sanctimonous people, do u think if you made such grave mistakes any of these people would be ignoring them? I DON’T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!

Finally……………when in doubt……..LOOK IN A MIRROR

56. NA ME WEY YOU KNOW AGAIN O!!

May 22, 2007 at 11:43 am

FILL IN THE BLANKS OH NOT BALNKS..LOL..TOO MUCH WEED HERE..i kid i kid

57. Deremi

May 22, 2007 at 11:58 am

@EXCESSIVE DIVA/EVERYBODY KNOWS YOU BLAH BLAH!
    lol bitch you never fail to deliver do you?
    im loving the cattiness you bring.its a bitchfest on here and you are leading.attitude gyal!attitude!!!please i second zaynabs plea,start a blog,but make it a gossip one.

@FASHION POLICE
    oh my oh my.i dont know who is worse,u or diva.wouldnt want to get into a fight with either of you.
    DO YOU HAVE A BLOG?YOU SHOULD.

58. Anonymous

May 22, 2007 at 12:17 pm

LDA AKA Geisha Face. Is she competing with Michael Jackson or what??? She needs to chill already on the bleaching. Haba i still remember when she was brown!

59. blackisbeautiful

May 5, 2009 at 3:42 am

Goodness, just stumbled on this. What hateful little girls. So young yet so bitter and so very envious. You can critique without cruelty, it just takes some enlightment. I’d love a peek into the undoubtedly wondeful life of fashion police and your perfect marriage and your wardrobe. Actually, maybe not! You can’t be too happy to come out with that filth. Over 31 is past sell-by. Wow! You need a hug and I’m here for you. In the mean time, stop hiding show your courage and share your name. Lets see what makes you so superior. Didn’t think so.

60. Sugabelly

May 5, 2009 at 6:04 am

You know what? That’s the job of the public. And we are the public. So let us do our job which is to like and dislike and praise and criticise. These people put themselves out there and allow themselves to be photographed and put in magazines and on tv so they must expect that we the public will have opinions on every little thing they do.

Seriously, get over it. It’s not that serious.