News

ELLA BROWN @ MIAMI FASHION WEEK + IDOLS WA

BellaNaija.com

I blogged about Ella Brown a little while ago and we got a whole mixed bag of opinion.
Here are the photos from her Miami Fashion Week debut.
Personally, I’m impressed! I like the whole theme, the fabrics, cuts and the varying influences. So what do you think?

___________________________________________________________________
So Idols WA is down to the Final 3 this week and Temitayo was voted out!
The winner will be chosen next week and my vote goes to Omawumi, I think she rocks!! She is daring with her song choices and her stage presence is strong.
Anyways, we’ll find out next week!
Omawumi – ‘Waiting in Vain’ by Bob Marley

Timi – Lemar’s ‘If there’s Any Justice’

Timi – Bryan Adams ‘Everything I do, I do It For You’

That’s it for today. Let us know what you think!

On another related note, I would like to know what you guys think about the comments section and whether it should be moderated or not. One of the things I decided when I started this blog was to encourage people to leave honest opinions and not filter or water it down. I respect everyone’s opinion/comments although personally I sometimes feel that the comments can be quite harsh and personal so I would like you guys to vote and/or let us know what you think. So vote below on to censor or not to censor the comments in extreme cases. Please vote only once. Thank you!

***UPDATE***
So regarding the whole comment censorship thing, I have given it a lot of thought and reflection.
Before I go further, I want to point out that started this blog to celebrate Nigerian/African women and their achievements in fashion, entertainment etc….and generally do something positive. I also want to make it clear that this is not a gossip blog.

I understand that trash sells and to some people ‘keeping it real’ involves hurling insults or gossiping about people while being positive is perceived as ‘sucking up’. That said, I will do what my spirit feels at rest with because at the end of the day, this is my blog and it’s a reflection of me.
I will not moderate comments because I want to get people’s honest opinions but I will lay out some guidelines at this point.

– Be respectful, whether your view is positive or negative or whatever
– This is not a forum to settle personal issues or ‘beef’ or air out dirty laundry so keep it to yourself or take it somewhere else

I don’t think any of these 2 guidelines is asking too much.

I believe that the comments section can be interesting without degenerating to Perez Hilton or Jerry Springer trashy levels. Be honest, blunt or whatever but do not be insulting.
Everyone has their dirty laundry, Oprah is an admitted ex-drug abuser and has admitted being extremely promiscuous in the past (she was pregnant at 14, did drugs in her 20s and had 4-year relationship with a married man – Source) but this does not define her, she has moved on to do bigger and better things but I am so sure that if she were Nigerian, people would call her all sorts of names and bring up all her dirty laundry each time her name is mentioned. Sad but very true.

This is the last time I’ll discuss this issue because I find the whole thing tiresome plus I dont need to justify my actions to anyone on either side of the fence. I just sought opinion out of respect for my readers.
Anyway, I appreciate you for visiting my blog but it’s a hobby not my job or my lifeline so if you feel it isn’t interesting because there is no gossip or people are not spewing insults feel free not to visit or comment.

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Anonymous

May 22, 2007 at 5:05 pm

first!!!

2. Anonymous

May 22, 2007 at 5:10 pm

ehen! i think omawunmi is the idol she’s so real and very smart not afraid to express heself musically. don’t get me wong timi can sing you can help but notice his voice but he lacks moves, steps and he seems to be good in only a particular genre but with more training he’ll be something else. omawunmi on the other hand is “ready-made” so vote her!

3. Ms. O

May 22, 2007 at 5:37 pm

Omawunmi has my vote…she ROCKS!!!!

4. Nyemoni

May 22, 2007 at 5:41 pm

Lol at the above! ^… I think you should leave it open, but if your page is being used as a forum for insulting other peeps, then enable comment moderation… my 2 cents!

5. Kpakpando

May 22, 2007 at 5:59 pm

top 10! halleluyah

6. Pink-satin

May 22, 2007 at 6:20 pm

o made top 10..it is a lie…nice collection by ella brown!she tries ..yeah she does

7. Kpakpando

May 22, 2007 at 6:21 pm

timi had better not win sha, otherwise na real ojoro. Can Eric not win still? with his fine ass. As far as comment moderation, I hate that people get so damn malicious, its one thing to point out the tackiness in someone’s outfit but something entirely different to bring up their personal business (true or not) and malign them entirely.

8. Pink-satin

May 22, 2007 at 6:30 pm

that eric guy sounded so much like lemar..

9. Inuke Omotola Davis

May 22, 2007 at 6:32 pm

Yeah! top ten.
    Comment moderation please!

10. truth

May 22, 2007 at 6:45 pm

Not suprised at the final two tackling for the Idol WA spot.Wish them both the best.They are both loved by the crowd and both have a shot at it.

As per the comment moderator. Do whatever suits your opinion of what an ideal comment should be displayed as. Though I think some comments are ridiculously bitter exhibitions of bias,I feel that your (Bella) idea of proper commentary has a bit of butt-kissing attitude to it so I’m not expecting much from you there…THE TRUTH…

The Ella Brown wears look good considering that i’m not overly into those trends.

11. ladybrille

May 22, 2007 at 6:46 pm

Bella-like Ella Brown she is young exciting and I think of Deola Sagoe with her puffy sleeves dress with a heavy dose of Kimora Lee Simmons!! She could be Naija’s KLS especially since she has a jewelry line to go with it! Love that Timi sang Lemar Obika’s song. He is a divine artist and I luuuuv him!

Censorship issue: Your question & poll is very broad. Do you want to censor curse words like the “f” word or personal attacks/insults hurled by Areagal to me and many others “ziiiiip it or sharaaaaaaaaaap?” lol! it ain’t dat serious. You say “extreme” but who determines it. If it is you, girl na ya blog!! Do what you do!

Is your decision or consideration of censorship influenced by the post of yesterday. You have disabled commenting it looks like, for yesterday. I found it was a satire and think most on the blog seem to take it in that spirit. Although the comment on Nike being Ashii and trying to pimp “YOU ALL KNOW ME” and her sisters, was funny in the way it was said but was a bit much. It better not be influenced by comments on Funmi Iyanda. Funmi is fierce and fiesty and she has been fashion police on her blog with WA Idols contestants.

If you decide to censor, let’s assume comment moderation, you are quite popular, do you have the time to wade through all those comments? Is it maybe better to default to your readers, with you making the ultimate decision on the allegedly offending stmts? A simple solution is to delete the offending comments. Another solution is to permanently disable commenting. You are now known so your loyal readers will check you out, regardless.

I am generally not for censorship although I understand the tough call. I assume it is an accumulation of diverse opinions on Arieta, and yesterday’s post? Look at YBF, Young Black and Fabulous. 12 million readers and they say what they say and she does too and keeps moving on. She also has lots of sponsors but still lets you know if it is “foolwang” or more. It’ll be interesting to see your decision.

12. Icy

May 22, 2007 at 6:52 pm

Ella Brown.. Yup. I can totally rawk that long gown.. 🙂 and the shot black dress in fact all of the above.. 🙂

Omawunmi 🙂 If she no win na ojoro lol! I think I said this last week :)_

Moderation- Well based on the recent NEGATIVE energy giving peeps that visit your blog YES THERE SEEMS TO BE A NEED TO MODERATE. There is a differnce between voicing your opinion and insulting ppl. FOR THOSE THAT DON’T KNOW THE DIFFERNCE (YES I AM E-YELLING)

Opinion- I don’t like that dress

Insult- What da hell was she thinking wearing that dress looking like a BANCHI

Is it so hard to hold and swallow an insult? I mean for real I read some of these comments and I sincerely think what negative energy some people harbour.

As most of our parents have taught us. If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.

And if you still want your thoughts do be known DO NOT INSULT people

13. Ugo Daniels

May 22, 2007 at 7:05 pm

Timi has my full support. He RAWKS!!!

14. Anonymous

May 22, 2007 at 7:05 pm

I love Ella Brown’s line. As for censoring comments, what i love about your blog is the fact that you currently update us with so much and you give everyone the freedom to express him/herself. Its entertaining reading the comments, i know sometimes it goes a little to far but that’s what happens when people are allowed to express themselves freely. I guess its up to you. I find those comments amusing, i mean, can anyone be that serious?

15. SET

May 22, 2007 at 8:12 pm

ELLA BROWN IS SO ON POINT.

16. Areagal

May 22, 2007 at 8:19 pm

LADYBRILLE- ZIP IT! because if u check and read all my comments I actually tell those hating to shhhrrap. Go back and read all my comments. NONSENSE!! I tell people like u to sharrap if u got nothing positive to say.. idiot!
    Bella I am all for censoring I agree with Icy 100%. why do people have to insult? I actually wanted to send u an e-mail last night because it just went toooo far. If you dont like what somebody is wearing fine. but to insult is anoda one o! Some of these people are peoples wives and mothers.. please respect and sallow your insults. U dont have to like everybody just state ur opinion and keep it moving without airing their laundry.
    To prove my point… I am not crazy about Ella Browns collection at all. Not original. period. full stop. just my opinion.
    I’m rooting for Omawunmi!!

17. Anonymous

May 22, 2007 at 9:03 pm

OMAWUMI ROCKS BUT TIMI ROCKS HARDER!!!

VOTE FOR TIMI!!!OMAWUMI WON’T SOUND AS GOOD ON THE RADIO U KNOW;SHE A GOOD PERFORMER. TIMI’S VOICE IS SULTERY.

WHO BI ELLA BROWN?LOL

18. kay

May 22, 2007 at 9:07 pm

moderation:

in ideal circumstances, it would be up to the individual’s discretion. however, as that seems to be somewhat lacking (especially with respect to what is appropriate or otherwise), i think it is imperative and necessary that you moderate. how you choose to do this is entirely up to you.

as others have suggested, you may want to post some guidelines for your readers to bear in mind as they comment since the freedom of speech is often mistaken for the freedom to be flippant. i don’t think approving comments is the best means to moderate a blog like this because the sensible debates that have ensued have thrived off of reading what others have had to say. perhaps you should just delete as it becomes necessary.

although the views expressed in the comment section by no means reflect yours, they could still taint how you and your blog are perceived. what you tolerate on your blog goes hand-in-hand with the intention for its creation, and perhaps you should re-define that (for yourself and your readers) if it is not entirely clear. is it a forum for healthy debate or any debate? your call.

if anyone has any problems whatsoever with not being given the full liberty to express whichever thoughts occur to them in whatever order, please note that you have the full liberty to create your own blog and those that agree with your views/are entertained by them are more than welcome to join you. this is not ybf, nor is it perezhilton.com where sexist, racist and otherwise repulsive comments are thrown around unecessarily. also, this is not an avenue for individuals who do not care enough about their views to express them sensibly to flaunt and fling them without any sense of decorum. it’s brazen cowardice and it’s distasteful.

as a rule of thumb, stick to subject of debate. you do not need to undermine/run commentary on another individual’s character especially where a reason to does not present itself. in other words, don’t say more than you need to say.

this blog has a wide readership, including some of the individuals that were insulted yesterday. it does not only cater to the cocoon of your consciousness nor does it revolve around malicious comments some individuals feel the compulsion to share. this does not mean we should pander to them (i.e. ‘wide readership’) but it means that we should be mindful that people who read this blog for reasons other than reckless entertainment (and i’m assuming we are the majority) are repulsed and would much rather have an avenue where information is presented and pertinent comments are made without character assassination or the e-services of non-certified, non-professional wardrobe and beauty experts.

19. Anonymous

May 22, 2007 at 9:12 pm

Let people give their comments.If someone posts a negative or off the top remark, it shows how shallow he/she is in their personal affairs.
    I don’t think Funmi or any of those High society women would be phased by those comments.They’re made…..player hatters will always be plenty..

20. Areagal

May 22, 2007 at 9:40 pm

kay-VERY WELL SAID

21. ME,ME,ME,Y'ALL KNOW ME!!

May 22, 2007 at 9:42 pm

BLOODY NAIJAS AND UNNECESSARY SENTIMENTS SHA..ANYBODY LIVING IN THE PUBLIC EYE SHOULD BE READY TO TAKE ALL AND ANY TYPE OF INSULT.
    AHN AHN,AS IF WE DONT SEE FOREIGN BLOGS,MAGS,GOSSIP COLUMNS ETC.
    IF YOU IN THE PUBLIC EYE AND YOU DOING IT,BETTER BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE WATCHING TO EXPOSE,YAB,PRAISE,ETC,BESIDES IF ONLY YOU ALL KNEW THE BUNCH OF DESPERADOES THESE SO CALLED “BIG GIRLS AND BOYS” ARE,AND WHO THEY PAY AND WHAT THEY DO TO STAY IN THE LIMELIGHT…

ABEGII BELLA ITS STILL UR BLOG OH,AND YOUR BLOG IS LIKE A SOCIETY JOURNAL,SO THERE IS NO WAY PEOPLE WONT HAVE OPINIONS,INSULTS,CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS OR WHAT NOT TO HURL AT ALL THESE WANNABES AND REAL MCCOYS…WHO CARES OF THEY READ THE BLOG,NA ME BEG DEM SAY MAKE DEM DEY MISBEHAVE OR WEARING RIDICULOUS GET-UPS?
    IF I THRUST MYSELF ON THE COVER OF CITY-PEOPLE,OVATION,ETC ETC,AT ALL COSTS,AND I ROCK EVERY OPENING IN TOWN,BARS EVERY OTHER DAY,PEOPLE WILL TALK..AND THEY ARE FREE TO.

SO IF YOU WANNA CENSOR COOL…BUT AS LONG AS YOU DONT CENSOR,ME PERSONALLY I WILL YAB ANYTIN I SEE THAT DONT LOOK RIGHT.LIKE AN OLD WOMAN DRESSING LIKE A WHORE(IYANDA),PERSON WEY NO LIKE AM MAKE IM GO KNACK HIM HEAD FOR WALL,AND IF IT HURTS,,TAKE SOME IBUPROFEN—EXTRA OF COURSE.

22. Alexia h.fall

May 22, 2007 at 9:53 pm

@KNOW ME,/EXCESSIVE DIVA(WE KNOW ITS YOU)

you are just a hard as nails bitch.

@BELLA.i do not think you should censore comments.what for?and TRUTH was right,there is something ass-kissy about the way you expect people to respond.
    as YOU KNOW ME/DIVA rightly said,your blog is like a society journal,and these people know what they are getting themselves into when they get into the public eye.
    and no,yapping them does not mean the yappers are haters,im sure most people who have an opinion are doing greater things than this publicity hungry whores.

@THE ELLA CLOTHES.she tried,BUT nothing unique or exciting,the silverish shimmerish dress is just a kate moss knock off,kate wore it like 2 years ago,very common design also.
    it just doenst make me wanna flex my credit card.

23. na real wa

May 22, 2007 at 10:26 pm

yes, areagal! very well-said, kay. you sabi english o! lol!

people like “y’all know me” are the reason why you absolutely must censor. i have words for you, “y’all know me”, but in the interest of being decent and polite to even the most undeserving amongst us, i will refrain from calling you what it is i’m fully convinced you are. it’s hard…but i’m doing it…and you can too! try it sometime.

“LIKE AN OLD WOMAN DRESSING LIKE A WHORE(IYANDA),PERSON WEY NO LIKE AM MAKE IM GO KNACK HIM HEAD FOR WALL,AND IF IT HURTS,,TAKE SOME IBUPROFEN—EXTRA OF COURSE.”

…and that was necessary because? you know what, ehn? it’s the spotlight that is doing you. if everyone sidelines and ignores you, water will find its level and you will find your own squareroot. e don do!

in other more worthy news, goooooooo wunmi! you must win o!!!!!! can we vote on the web too?

24. tatafo!

May 22, 2007 at 10:29 pm

Kay could not have put it any better. This is definitely not perezhilton or ybf, and it would be really sad if it ever declines to that level. People who insult others seem to forget that these people being insulted are human beings who also have feelings.

25. AND YES..ITS ME AGAIN

May 22, 2007 at 10:42 pm

@NA REAL WA..I GUESS
    “YOUR” SAD LIFE REVOLVES AROUND AN E-SPOTLIGHT?BITCH YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME…I DONT HOLD BACK SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET LOOSE WHATEVERS CLOGGING YOUR CHEST ABOUT “PEOPLE LIKE Y’ALL KNOW ME”
    LOSER.

MAYBE YOU DONT REALISE THAT TEH SAME WAY YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR SO CALLED “RIGHTEOUS” COMMENTS AND VIEWS IS THE SAME WAY I HAVE A RIGHT TO MY OWN WARPED OR LEFTIST VIEWS.

AND AT THE END OF THE DAY ITS BELLAS BLOG AND SO LONG AS SHE AINT CENSORING THE SHIT YET,IM UP IN HERE EXPRESSING MY OPINION.

AND YES,FUNMI IYANDA LOOKED LIKE A 2 DIME WHORE ON K.ST.PANCRAS..AND SO??NEXT TIME SHE SHOULD DRESS C.L.A.S.S.Y!!

SIDDON THERE DEY DO DEFENDER..ISHHH.

26. Friend in Cali

May 22, 2007 at 10:44 pm

Don’t censor. People being dissed are aware that the comments are not your(Bella) personal opinions. It’s sad but if you are in the public eye, you have to be able to shrug this nonsense off. Who cares if random idiots like your outfit? You might feel bad because you’ve become pals with some of the people being dissed but you must maintain the integrity of your blog.

Personally, I don’t think you should have taken the comment section for yesterday’s post down. There were many decent comments on there and it becomes a slippery slope when you want to “moderate” comments. You are human and the comments you allow are bound to reflect your personal bias.

27. Imasuen

May 22, 2007 at 10:50 pm

ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    YOU ALL KNOW ME/EXCESSIVE DIVA.
    please sheath your sword or draw the claws back in.its enough please.
    let us respect bellas blog.we know so long as a blog is not censored then we are all free to express ourselves.BUT please,its okay,we know you can diss and all.but try and tone down your cattiness.

yes maybe fumi iyonda should have known better,but guess what?its too late to find out now,and even those defending funmi have you read her write up on some WA idols b4?we can go on and on about how she looks like mutton dressed as lamb,she thrust herself in the public eye etc.but its a done deal.
    she looked a happy bunny in her shine shine dress.so let us let her be.

PLEASE LET PEACE REIGN.
    YOU ALL KNOW ME,U ARE THE NAUGHTIEST PERSON IN THE YARD.
    BEHAVE YOURSELF.

biko o.

28. Anonymous

May 22, 2007 at 10:54 pm

I’m torn between kay and friend in cali, lol. Uhm, let me think. I say censor, censor, censor. The ‘integrity’ of your blog is in the content of what YOU post, not necessarily what goes on in the comment section. As long as you stay bella, it’s allllllll good. I’m sure bella has enough sense not to let her biases affect her better judgement. If she censors at all, it will be EXTREME comments and I think that one is fine. People should just comment sensibly jare.

Moving on, I’ve read Funmi Iyanda’s Idol kini and I think it’s totally fine. I also think it was constructive – she pointed out what the chic didn’t do right and suggested how she could improve in a non-catty way. She could have said awful things and she didn’t. Anyhoooo, I don’t know enough about her to like or dislike her soooo…sha judge for yourselves sha!

Kai, see drama on bella’s blog o!

29. Imasuen

May 22, 2007 at 11:00 pm

@ANON;so its okay for fumi to say that someone looks stumpy etc etc using style to say she looks like a sack of potatoes yeah?
    please fumi did it with that little pinch of bitchy.its just normal.

30. WARREVER

May 22, 2007 at 11:06 pm

FROM AUNTY FUMIS BLOG,QUOTED DIRECTLY.SO NOW TELL ME IF THAT ISNT CATTY WHAT IS?IF SHE CAN DISH IT SHE SHOULD BE ABLE TO LUMP IT DOWN HER THROAT TOO!!!

saying someones legs were “nice enough”..but just not THAT nice abi?

“awful dress”?and im sure she would know they got stylists so it couldnt have been totally the “poor girls” fault.UNLIKE her that im sur gleefully pulled the dress off the first (cough cough)she found on the streets..oops..did i say something??

HERE IS THE QUOTE

“What is with that awful dress and spangly belt that made the poor rather short girl look stocky? With her lack of height and curvy but heavy proportions she needed an ultra short dress (or short shorts like she wore once) or a long sleek dress to give her height and elongate her silhouette. With that dress her nice enough legs just looked stumpy and comparing them (that’s you magic baby) to Tina’s toned, shapely and fabulous legs is sacrilege”

31. Anonymous

May 22, 2007 at 11:20 pm

Ahn Ahn, it’s not even the same at all o. I wish I have saved some of the comments from yesterday so we could compare now. Those ones were more like personal attacks than they were comments. There’s a difference between tongue-in-cheek and snide. Really.

32. Nneka

May 23, 2007 at 12:59 am

Nooooo……….thats what i voted.pls keep the comments coming cos they give your blog a plus. Enuff entertainment!!

Ok, c’mon B do you really deem it necessary to censor people’s comments? If u’re concerned about the integrity of your blog, my dear we all know you do a fab job keeping us entertained(i appreciate). We know the sometimes ‘shocking’ and inappropriate comments made are not expressed by you.
    People are people, if you decide to delete their insults/comments, they’re gonna get placed on some other entertainment blog anyway, so pls keep doing your thing and lets ignore them. Other people don’t have to respond to those comments cos most times its the response that ignites the drama.
    I think u should leave your blog the way it has been.You have nothing to lose…or do you?

33. Anonymous

May 23, 2007 at 1:16 am

@ Bella

Now that you wanna be ass-kissing by putting a rein on free speech…I’m sure, you will satisfy the powers that be at the detriment of your true fans.
    Anywayz sha, na u sabi..dis is ur blog, so u can make d rules, but please dont suck up to people who can’t laugh at themselves, but can dish out venom! Funmi & all!!!
    My papa say “if you can’t take the heat, get outta da kitchen”
    Na lie, my papa no really say dat, but who cares – I just want troway adage like ICY!
    Now with immediate alacrity, can you restore back all d comments to your last post…or ELSE!!!

34. divali

May 23, 2007 at 2:14 am

Can areagirl and kay kindly put a lid on it?????
    I would say a big NO to censoring..totally agree with ladybrille and y’all know me…really you gotta be able to laugh at yourself…geez…
    did bella put that post up not asking for comments?who determines if funmi iyanda is a tramp or not?nobody!!!these comments really dont matter…if bella really wants to become as successful as i’m sure she wants to be,she cannot afford to bow to pressure from ‘society peeps’ and their supporters (eg kay,et al)-does it really hurt that much? this is like so funny like secondary school,when the people in SS3 want to clamp down on juniors who take them out…i dont thnk this blog will be half the fun it is without the full range of comments-this whole matter is really making me laugh!!!some people didnt like the ‘isho’ of yesterday-hehehe

35. Bluntremi

May 23, 2007 at 2:23 am

Totally LOVE the Ella Brown pieces.
    Great pictures.

Re: censorship…its your blog and your call to do what you see fit. but as many have said …people have opinions…some annoying, some rude, some righteous, some funny etc…thats what makes it all fun to read.

Whatever you decide on, I am sure we shall all still be reading on and commenting.

36. ~Mimi~

May 23, 2007 at 3:11 am

I like the Ella collection but I dont like the fact that all her mini-dresses are all the same design, its not cool at all.there should be variations right?but the other dresses are tres fab.

37. Dammie

May 23, 2007 at 3:21 am

Inlove with that purple # man!!

I do think you should moderate your comments, until ppl can understand that this blog represents Nigeria in a diaspora…It’s not just Nigerians or even just africans that come on this blog you know, and the comments represents the ppl, and I personally would hate to hear or read ‘those commenters on bellanaija are foul’ or something like that. I’m not, and i’ll feel very offended….I SAY MODERATE!!!

38. ladybrille

May 23, 2007 at 4:44 am

Areagal, I tink say “sharaap and ziiiiiiiip it!” na ya signature phrase. I no no say u dey use am cus ppl incognito. Na me u dey call ‘idiot”? AREAGAL, AREAGAL, AREAGAL, how many times I take call u? If I cus u like dis eh, u go waka go fetch Areaboy. Matter of fact, u go talk ebonics take beg dem Compton L.A. boyz for backup. How u fit say “moderation” and “no insults” den turn around use ya AREAMOUTH to dey call ppl “idiot.” Take ya own advice and “Sharaap,Ziiiiip it, Mechunu, Tais-toi]!”

39. Uzo

May 23, 2007 at 9:33 am

TIMI IS MY IDOL OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! LOL. The collection looks god. Some wearable pieces in there…

40. Adaure

May 23, 2007 at 9:53 am

DID I MISS SOMETHING GUYS?
    May be it’s the shinyness of the fabric that’s blinding me– but what’s so whorish about Funmi’s outfit. It’s nearly touching her knees and is a bit on the extra fabric side and not snug — no breastises or cleavage is showing. So please someone help me out. WHAT I THINK WE SHOULD BE DEBATING IS WHY THEY ARE PROMOTING A SKIN LIGHTENING PRODUCT WHEN THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL BALCK WOMEN!!!!
    AGAIN YA’LL HELP ME OUT I’BE BEEN WITHOUT OXYGEN FOR A GOOD MINUTE SO I’M CLUELESS.

Bella do you… sometimes you might just need to clamp down… but I must say the comments are colorful and entertaining. I’ll miss reading them if they’re gone

41. Anonymous

May 23, 2007 at 10:55 am

Bella I do not think you should censor comments at all. At the end of the day, it is the comments that make your blog interesting.

I mean no disrespect to you or anything but half the stuff you paste on your blog is from somewhere else. The thing you are good at is summarising latest events in bite sizes. You scan magazine articles and paste a few photos that others have taken!!! The most original feature of your blog IMHO is the agony aunt blogs and even then it is the comments that make them an exhilarating read.

I have no qualms going to http://www.purefoto.com and viewing pics there… but i come to your blog instead because i know folks will come up with the funniest ish to say.

Censor comments and your blog will go down the pan.

42. Anonymous

May 23, 2007 at 11:06 am

This whole fiasco has disgusted me to say the least. TAKING DOWN THE POST? Disabling comments? Over some old overhyped hags? Dragging faced 40somethings? Hmmph. That iyanda, hmmph I have morphed into someone that goes mute when heated, but that ‘Iyanda’…….. okay oh!
    I wont even blame this bella. It is plain to see some allegations were based on fact. This must be some unseen cosmic forces as alluded to yesterday. I fear naija women o. So you people get winch for reals!

Omo, ED!!! Keep it up and keep it real. This blog was superbly dry and deadbeat when “extreme” comments were routinely deleted. It just started jumping again recently, with the 50+ standard comments! Life is not roses and peachy. I wouldn’t like to see this be a bubblegum blog, if you know what I mean. Not to say that people should be abusing like theres no tomorrow. But check out the NNTM issue, were there not yaps, raves and lunatic curses flying there? It can only last for so long, people will bark and then shut up. Every dog has its day and what finally happened? The pictures came out and everyone gave a round of applause.

Omo no come make am dull o

eniways sha, fish face still looked like a prozzie- see the pose trying to channel the unchannelable
    nike is still babe#1 with skelentins
    nkiru is still a fashionable ghost
    …and all the other general consensus’es.

CENSORSHIP IS ANTI-DEMOCRATIC!
    Bella Naij show Naija the way

43. Favoured Girl

May 23, 2007 at 11:56 am

The Ella Brown designs are okay, mostly wearable stuff.
    About the comment moderation thing, if I were you Bella, I wouldn’t even ask for people’s permission to moderate comments on my blog if I wanted to. It’s your blog and if you don’t want vile comments on your posts, feel free to delete them. Most nasty comments are written by “Anonymous” or people too scared to sign in with their blogger IDs anyway. Do what you think is best. Most of us that really enjoy reading your posts will keep doing so.

44. Anonymous

May 23, 2007 at 1:00 pm

i’m not even going to talk about the whole censor no censor thing..but WTF?? is favoured girl saying? that if you dont put ur name/blog identity then you’re hiding or what?
    such a dumb thing to say!!! guess it means we MUST all open blog accounts/put up a name or pseudonym to leave comments?might as well everyone who reads novels to only discuss it if we have similarly written books or only if we’re going to comment on MSN with real names-omo check yourself big time…if not,close your blog comments then…i wouldnt want to know half of the people who blog anyway,thats part of the fun,i dont see favoured girl with a picture up or a real name either and blog identities are just random peeps answering really daft questions so how does that make you less annonymous-slow ur roll girl…its irritating!
    yup-annonymous

45. Mona

May 23, 2007 at 1:01 pm

lol at all the comments! wow i’ve missed so much :-/

46. Areagal

May 23, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Ladybrille, I have nothing to say to you. looks like u havent taken your meds. Before u strangle yourself with all the panties u’ve got in a bunch over there!Stupid girl! You can insult me all u like because we dont know each other and u know what? I don’t care and thats fine. But there should be some censorship when it comes to insulting the people Bellas posts about. Everybody saying its hilarious, funny. It wont be funny when its you or an aunty or your mother. So if somebody insults Bella is it ok? NO! its not and it shouldn’t be for anybody else. Keep the colorful comments coming but refrain from insulting and airing their dirty laundry when we should be talking about their outfits. Thats all I’m saying. Anybody who feels they want to hurl insults at me. Keep it coming..tee hee hee! Thats what makes Bella’s blog funny and entertaining.

47. exschoolnerd

May 23, 2007 at 1:22 pm

I am all for TIMI and i really hope he wins…

48. tatafo!

May 23, 2007 at 2:11 pm

@ Anon 1:00 pm FavoredGirl was not trying to say that it is only one person that posts comments as Anon, all she was trying to say is that the person who has the most cattiest remarks, posts under Anon, it’s a fact that I believe everyone has noticed. So don’t take offense if you post as an Anon.

49. YOU ALL KNOW ME/ED

May 23, 2007 at 2:31 pm

@FAVORED GIRL..SAY WHAT??
    i have had a lot of “nasty” things to say,but didnt sign in with my blog name cus i couldnt and still can remember my password.and i was upfront enough to say im excessive diva on yesterdays post.and i have been using “you all know me”/”y’all know me”/any silly know me know me names.

no some of us arent scared cus as the anon said at the end of the day,u just as anonymous as EVERYBODY else.

**c,bella i can behave myself,lol**

abeg give us more pictures oh,let us yap.

and to someone that said that what if this women were our mothers or auntys etc..werrin concyn me?if my mum misbehaves and turns herself into a socialite whore then people are very free to say what they will,abi,didnt she bring it upon herself.?will i now naked myself on the internet and start fighting if on the assumption that my mum has slept with half of naija,is a well known pimp,etc?
    what am i fighting for in that instance?HONOR THAT HAD BEEN SOLD TO THE PIGS EONS AGO??
    i have an aunt,she has been featured on bellas pages,amongst countless mags, and people don yap her soteyy,BUT does she listen?no,she wants to do ayounge forever,ko si arugbo ni ghana gangster.ehn now,people can yap,infact she is on this photo pae and people have yapped,me sef i don yap her.does she ever hear word??no,so anything that comes with the flashy lights she WILL bear it ni.no shaking.

i have friends who are ashamed of their mums and what they do to stay in the limelights,and when people start dissing society women,they hush the fuck up,cus they cant throw stones.
    as for me,i will yapp and yapp anyting that looks DAMN WRONG AND IGNORANT.

50. kofoworapepper

May 23, 2007 at 2:36 pm

wow-areagirl is able to speak regular english!wonders-y are you all going preachy with the ‘no need to insult’ line when u referred to people who didnt agree with you as ‘idiots’?
    if i recall from yesterday’s comments,ladybrille even while disagreeing with what some of your ‘aunts or mothers’ wore(which btw people were asked to comment on)was very mild in her tone-now u are on the tip on ‘oh u didnt take ur meds?’-this is exactly the problem with the whole censoring thing- u talk smack,expect for that to go in,then cry foul when you’re served your own dish-‘cry,cry-u can insult me cos we dont know each other,blahblahlahh-
    dont know ladybrille from zilch but u areagirl are starting to sound like you really are on medication-
    as for anonymous or not,who died and made anyone class captain?
    all this crap just shows some people where really hurt by yesterday’s comments-get over it-
    i hope bella is mature enough to deal with how powerful her blog has become

51. you all know me/ed

May 23, 2007 at 2:36 pm

@ADAURE..SEE BUSH GIRL,so its until person expose yansh and breast(wey no dey dere)tht they can be categorized as ashawo ke.

come and enter hotel bars in london and see SMOOTH OPERATORS,looking exactly like…(cou.fun..gh,cough)

i said i was gonna behave…

52. AbujaBabe

May 23, 2007 at 2:37 pm

Na wow oh! i have been away for just a min and see weting dey happen.

@Bella this is your Blog Hunny so do as you please moderate or not it is toatally up to you. Personally as long as it is not personal towards you then no probs.. also i believe fellow Bloggers should respect your blog. FreEdom of speech is a good thing, rightly so this Blog is like a society mag so it’s natural for women to comment in the way they do it’s just normal.

I just luuurvvve Timi everytime i hear his voice it moves me he can actually sing. If he won ( which i think he should) it would be a pleasure to see a real Artist/Singer who sings cleary (apart from TuBaba and some few others) in Naija Presently
    MY OWN OPINION!.

As for Ella Brown she ok but i really do not see anything ORIGINAL! but cannot complain.

Oh yea Bella do you know where i am able to pick up HAUTE Nigerian Fashion Editorial in London?

Thanks Hunny
    Ciao Ciao…XXXX

53. Anonymous

May 23, 2007 at 2:55 pm

@BELLA,i think you need to pay excessive diva/you all know me for her juicy throwdowns on your comment sections yesterday and today.up until today,id been reading your blog but never commented.but i just had to.That bitch has everyone on a lockdown.
    believe me as a certain anon up there said.your blog in itself isnt really spectacular in that even though you do a great job,but lets face it,how is it different from perez hilton or yazmars breakthrough or ybf?
    you all get pictures,scan them and write,and then wait for the comments.
    difference is even ALL your own pictures are not personal,but they are secondhand,from other sources and you do a damn good job of mini-sizing the stories and you serve it hot!

if you let the comments go,my dear,u want to hear the truth?
    your blog will slip down the bubblegum factory.

and if you cannot handle it,
    excessive diva/you all know me,please please START A GOSSIP BLOG!

54. Kpakpando

May 23, 2007 at 3:31 pm

I wish people would stop trying to act as though some of the extreme comments were “harmless fun” and people should just deal with it; some of the things said are libelous, unnecessary and sometimes plain hateful. I don’t believe Nigeria has a “celebrity culture” like the US/UK therefore we cant/shouldnt cut and paste the rules from ybf or other celebrity gossip sites on bella’s blog. These people we’re all commenting on are some reader’s aunt/mother/sister/cousin, not some untouchable celebrity we see on the big screen.

Like ED’s (btw I didn’t know that was you until i read this now, when are you bringing your blog back?) comments on monday we’re actually okay, until she implied some of the women in the pics had attempted to pimp her. That had nothing to do with the fashion or the event, so i thought it was irrelevant and inappropriate; now if the post was stating that one of the would be pimps had started a foundation to stop the trafficking of girls and women, then the comment would completely make sense, but coming out of left field like that with that statement wow!

meanwhile i like ella brown’s stuff and if timi wins walahi i’ll wear an eric t- shirt and stone him.

55. Anonymous

May 23, 2007 at 3:39 pm

Mennnnnnnnnn tharriz all weah saying o. ED OPEN BLOG BEGIN BUSINESS. ABI WETIN? MAKE WE GO BRING YAM?
    You have some super talent, ok make I no too swell you. You get small potenshial, beyond a blog sef. You know we naijas are greedy gist mongers! If you are afraid of having constant supply of material you can easily have your special delivery of ANONYMOUS input
    (wonders when someone will finally put this ANONYMOUS concept to $$$ ..like Bobby Valentino..)

Even you, bella dont have to shy away from being a african ybf, if she’s getting advertising $’s so can you. I am sure there are investors salivating for access to your audience ,, not that we will just run and jump to patronize any oshi (including all these jumpoff cosmetics-queen by force desparados) but severing off a good portion of commenters to save face for whatever reasons is not idea.
    I have been there, on the tail-end of yabbis, of the most vile sorts but such things are a passing phase and people move on to the next yap stop. It is life.

56. Jummy

May 23, 2007 at 3:39 pm

Thanks for the update Bella. It’s your blog and people should respect it. THAT’S ALL!

Anybody that doesn’t like it should kindly click on the “X” at the corner of their browser!

57. Nkechi

May 23, 2007 at 3:59 pm

i support jummy…
    i like the update…its ur blog, ur rules…im gonna deal with that and i think others should.no1 is forcing their hands to the keyboard to type in ‘b-e-l-…’ and no1 is forcing their eyes here. it is not medicine that has to be taken whether som1 likes it or not.if u dont accept the way comments should be written…CARRY WAKA!

58. ITS ME AGAIN O!!

May 23, 2007 at 4:09 pm

@KPAKPANDO..lol.i feel you,but there is nothing libelious in what me excessive diva lomo said o,BECAUSE its the truth,with backing evidence sef!(i never report lies)maybe bringing it on a fashion post wasnt the best but hey,i only do bitchy best,i dont know how to be nice and sweet and all sugary.and its hard once i know something about these “women” what they do,lives they have ruined of younger girls,and i just feel like i gotta spill.oops,,,have i revealed something again..yeepa,im in trouble oh,BELLA i think you gonna have to get a gagging order on me.

@ANON;3;39pm..lol..u take style step to me sha say i get small potential..abeg my head is swelling like warraeck!!and small and big oh..potential na still porrential abi??
    ahh babes trust me,i have the gist in bucketloads in fact,name the celebrity i go open dem yansh!
    but bloggingg is time consuming and i just aint got that time now.

and to those who have said im a cold as nails bitch blah blah,doesnt faze me sweetys,someone has to be the bitch,too bad its me!and im not one of these people who cant take shit,if anyones got anything on me,i always say..free it,expose it,sell it to mags sef(YES,IM A BIG GAYL TOO,WAT DE ECK)

one cant live in a fish bowl as semi goldfish(Es)and expect to hide now.

59. TaureanMinx

May 23, 2007 at 4:44 pm

This is tiring.

60. KOSHILANA

May 23, 2007 at 4:46 pm

^^^go and dream about your swedish blue eyes then???????

61. Ivie Edowadara

May 23, 2007 at 5:23 pm

If SOME naija girlz don’t take things to the extreme, they wouldn’t be Nigerian. It’s one thing to take a snipe at a person’s dress sense, it’s another to be rude, foulmouthed and condenscending. How many of you would spew the crap you say on here to Fiyanda to her face? There’s need for moderation be it on the net or in person. Get a conscience and some damn manners! Not everything you think should be shared. Didn’t your parents teach you any manners? Yes this is for you ED!

Here’s Bella enjoying her hobby and being informative and some of you are saying it ain’t that interesting, why are you here then? why not go patronize YBF and her likes?

@Bella- If I was you, I would delete any extreme comments, if they don’t like they can try Stella’s blog!

62. Kpakpando

May 23, 2007 at 5:29 pm

bella you know in all my years in this America I didn’t know that about Oprah. biko update about NMA… I want to see pictures to match the gist i’ve heard, thank you kindly.

ED, na open secret you think you’re broadcasting abi? That libelous comment wasn’t directed towards your specific comment believe you me… that is all.

Oh yeah, maka why did u delete your blog? bring am back o jare, i don’t know why you’re ignoring that part of my comment.

*I lubs me some Eric

63. Zena

May 23, 2007 at 5:38 pm

Ella browns talented you have to give it to her

@Omawunmi, she has to win, come on.She’s it, but something’s telling me, they won’t let that happen.

@Moderating, Bella It’s your blog and even though some of the comments can be quite entertaining, Discretion should be used at all time.

P.S Worship your blog

64. YES ITS ED!!

May 23, 2007 at 5:56 pm

@IVIE..SORRY OH MISS BLOODY PRIM AND FUCKING PROPER,MY PARENTS DIDNT TEACH ME ANY DAMN MANNERS HENCE IS WHY IM SO RUDE,POTTY-MOUTHED AND JUST PLAIN NASTY….SO U GOT ANYTHING ELSE??I LOVE PEOPLE HITTING REAL HARD NOT COMING UP WITH CHILDISH KINDERGARTEN YARNS.
    AND I GUESS YOUR OWN PARENTS DID A FANTASTIC JOB ON YOU EH?I CAN SEE THE EVIDENCE.YOU COMING UP IN HERE AND DEFENDING SOME HAGS MAKE YOU WELL BROUGHT UP HUHN??WHO ARE THEY?YOUR GODMOTHERS?

OR AM I MEANT TO TAKE YOU SERIOUS ALL BECAUSE YOU DECIDED TO USE A NAME THAT CAN BE PERCEIVED AS REAL?
    OKAY CLAP FOR YOURSELF,YOU WANT US TO CALL YOU BRAVE SHEY?
    U GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!

MAYBE YOU NEED TO ASK YOUR TABLOID DAHLING FUNMI WHAT HAS BEEN SAID TO HER FACE B4.

AND NO,I DONT HAVE A CONSCIENCE,I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS,INFACT I DONT DEAL IN THAT WORD.NOT MY FORTE,I SAY WHATEVER I FEEL LIKE SAYING,AND BELIVE ME,I WILL SAY MORE TO ANYBODYS FACE GIVEN THE CHANCE.SAME WAY PEOPLE ARE FREE TO DISS ME TO MY FACE,BEHIND MY BACK OR WHAT NOT.I REALLY DONT CARE.

SO SWEETY WIPE THE SHIT OFF YOUR NOSE,NOT EVERYONES A BUTTHOLE LICKER!!

@KPAKPANDO;WETHER OPEN SECRET OR TOP SECRET,DONT GIVE A FERK,I SAID WHAT I KNOW!HAVE SAID IT,AND I WONT TAKE IT BACK CUS ITS THE TRUTH.
    END OF!!
    AND WHOEVERS SAID ANYTHING THAT CAN BE CLASSIFIED AS LIBEL,EHN NOW,LET THE GANG OF HAGS SUE THEM NOW,ABI??
    WERRIN BE MY BEESWAX??

AND JUST FOR THE SAKE OF KEEPING BELLAS BLOG “CLEAN” I CHOOSE TO REFRAIN FROM SAYING ANYTHING ANYMORE.

BUT IF I SEE ANYBODY NOT LOOKING RIGHT,I MAINTAIN I WILL YAPPP!!!

65. Kpakpando

May 23, 2007 at 6:03 pm

I KNOW its the truth jare forget that ting… and except i liked and still like funmi’s dress on her (wrong time of day for all that bling though) I agreed with most of your commentary on the fashion.

[subliminal message to ED] bring your blog back sweerie[/subliminal]

66. Anonymous

May 23, 2007 at 6:05 pm

okay ED,its enough,just enough.why now?im sorry for your husband sha(whenever you decide to marry).you are the type of woman a man just has to be beating on a regular basis.why do you yap so much?your mouth is too sharp!!!(i dont support violence against women)but imagine having ED as a wife and having her diss you,your parents,your siblings etc.this is too much.
    funny enough you will be shocked what i also know about this society peeps.
    yes a lot of things you have said are so true.
    BUT for the sake of peace please just STOP IT!
    bellas blog is more of a fashion thing,i know its hard trying to comment and knowing so much you might want to spill.BUT here is not the place for it.

have you been to stellas blog?you can try exposing the society peeps there.
    or better still start your own blog.
    we humans are suckers for gist,especially damaging ones,so if you have it SPILL IT ELSEWHERE!

and kpapando,etc etc,PLEASE JUST STOP IT.
    ivie,i dont think you want to engage in an e-battle with ED,believe me,i tried on her old blog,and i know what she said to me and other anons.

PLEASE ALL JUST DROP IT.AND LET US LIVE AND READ IN HARMONY,PEACE AND LOVE!

67. Bisola

May 23, 2007 at 6:11 pm

Whats wrong with these people who keep saying Naija celebs are people’s aunts, mothers & sisters?
    Plsss……..
    Aren’t celebs in the Uk & US people’s aunts, mothers, sisters & even wives? Haven’t we all dissed them b4. How many of us know the truth about them? When people got wind of Oprah’s past there were some oohs! & aahs! When we heard about the ‘Brangelina’ saga didn’t some people think Angelina was a ho. Don’t people still think Jlo is a ho? These women have considerable achievements but stil get criticisms,(sometimes personal). Thats life for you.
    So what, ED says a celeb is a pimp(thats her story), some people think FI looked like a ho in her shiny outfit. Aren’t they entitled to their opinion? Who hasn’t been judgmental of a celeb or even a friend before?
    IMHO, this shouldn’t be an issue at all.

On another note, I’m rooting for Omawumi all the way!!!
    Bella, pls don’t get worked up. rock on girl!!!

68. Anonymous

May 23, 2007 at 6:35 pm

bella, love ur blog and an avid reader but believe you were slightly ass-licking as funmi is the only “celebrity” to have a comment about her outfit on the post directly from you.

quick question, do you believe funmi’s was the only one “looking fab”? and if not, why single her out for the accolade?

69. LIL MISS ED

May 23, 2007 at 6:37 pm

@KPAKPANDO..ITS ALL ONE LOVE JARE MY SISTER,NO MIND ME,I JUST GET HEATED UP WHEN IT COMES TO GIST..LOL.or when some objects get all overtly sanctimonius or righteous(acting like they havent read worse things about other people,but once they know someone they start throwing sentiments into it)shiooo!!
    my blog will be back,i just dont have time,but trust i have been up to a lot of mischief..lol.

@ANON..okay oh..i will behave.on my honor(buahahahaha)but lord help the man who will raise his hands to hit me.im packing on his arse oh,no long ting..and im not talking about my luggage…

@BISOLA..you know..exactly oh,they read about this or that person but dont bat an eyelash sef,when its someone who they know or asslick,they start going bananas.
    some people needs to go and read about the meaning of the whole celeb/wannabe celeb world.bunch of ignorant PSYCHO-fans

@BELLA..please oh,no vex for me ehn,abeg.i promise to follow your rules from now on..

a big fat kiss for everyone..except that item called HIVie or wharever..

mwaHHHHHHHHH

70. Imasuen

May 23, 2007 at 6:41 pm

@ANON BEFORE ED.

now you have hit the nail on the head.okay then bella tell us why was fumi iyonda the only one you singled out and then got all sensitive about?
    considering even the ghost nkiru was looking better than her.

this stinks of politics and a cliquey thing.

71. Kettle

May 23, 2007 at 6:56 pm

EWW! To be honest, the comments make your blog razz.

72. Kpakpando

May 23, 2007 at 6:58 pm

Ed, I swear you too like trouble, wetin ivie do you now? kai you wan bella shut down this one too? bad ghel.

imasuen… sorry i no gree oh, aunty nkiru no fine pass aunty funmi lai lai, funmi was rocking the outfit, fine she looked like she was heading to a club but she still looked good. nothing cliquey about saying her personal opinion chei, u pipu sef

73. Imasuen

May 23, 2007 at 6:59 pm

@KETTLE..you are a fake person.and it only takes a razz person to know a razz blog.
    KETTLE?POT?BLACK?
    apt name.

74. Kpakpando

May 23, 2007 at 7:02 pm

imasuen u sef, why is it paining u she used the word razz, no be how she see am? everyone is entitled to their opinion whether u like it or not

75. Anu

May 23, 2007 at 7:05 pm

“I have to give it to Funmi Iyanda and Nike Osinowo…WOW! They both look uber-fab”

Bella wrote this. It seems to me like FI was not the only one singled out for praise. Bella said Nike Oshinowo was looking good too. Where is this accusation of Bella only singled out Funmi coming from?

76. tatafo!

May 23, 2007 at 7:06 pm

@ Imaseun, there may be some element of truth to what you’re saying, but I honestly think this whole bithcy comments business just became too much for her to ignore.(even me sef i don tire) Remember Ashionye’s post, even the post about foreign wives? Bella had to close those comments because of all the insults flying everywhere like this was a mental institution! And i don’t know if you’ve all noticed but after the first few ‘catfighting episodes’ she has stopped updating regularly.

77. Anonymous

May 23, 2007 at 7:08 pm

kpakpando leave BN and update your blog biko! tatafo no be work!

78. Anonymous

May 23, 2007 at 7:22 pm

abi o. kpakpie you really dont lie when you say they are paying yout o do nothing. You ppl should chill now. these 70somthing comments are sweeeeent! Dont make her go and rambo them off again! LOL. Okay everybody was looking the babe. Now lets sing ring around the rosies until the next post. Damn

79. Idemili

May 23, 2007 at 7:28 pm

(( Lost at sea, wondering what the heck is going on.))

80. Kpakpando

May 23, 2007 at 7:38 pm

anon 7:22 na so we see am oh… olu ndi bekee. I spend a total of 45 mins doing actual work… such is life as long as i get my check and they don’t block access to blogspot na on top intanet I go dey 🙂

anon7:08 i dey come leave me jo

81. yenkemog

May 23, 2007 at 8:33 pm

The clothes were …cute. I wasn’t bowled over. I think for an emerging line you WANT people to go gaga. I felt it was too safe. I can definetly see a lot of wearable items but they don’t tell me anything about Ella Brown there is no signature item or look. Its like when i see Marc Jacobs or Micheal Kors or Zac Posen or Eli Saab couture lines, without the label i can just about guess what they made.

Maybe thats too much to expect from a new designer or maybe thats too old school of thought for fashion.

I don’t know what the chatter is about Funmi Iyanda but i thought she looked great in her bronze outfit and she’s got a marvelous Bod. People will always talk. Its how you live your life inspite of the talking that matters.

Bella I’m getting addicted to your site. I love Fashion and I’m a shopaholic. 🙂

82. Anonymous

May 23, 2007 at 9:11 pm

OH MY GOD.

83. STREETBRAND

May 23, 2007 at 9:35 pm

Well said Ms Bella, very well said indeed!!!

84. TaureanMinx

May 23, 2007 at 9:58 pm

Lol @ koshilana..that was funny.

85. Obariba

May 23, 2007 at 10:05 pm

WonDIAFULLLLLLLLL !!!
    una get time oooh peeps are living their life to the foolest and una dey here dey yarn OKPAKS … Nyia !!
    Naija peeps una no dey yab remain !!

Na wa !!

86. Dammie

May 23, 2007 at 10:57 pm

Fabulouso B!!

87. true supermodel

May 24, 2007 at 1:20 am

@Anonymous 11:06 AM -I go bring juju for you for this comment. Sad but so very true.

“The days of thanking people for their comments and appealing for more were not so far back.

All this activity of late has been just as feverishly exciting as loading the page to see a new post and rushing to check for the # comments so you can retardedly proclaim FIRST!”

88. mouth to big

May 24, 2007 at 1:30 am

“if my mum misbehaves and turns herself into a socialite whore then people are very free to say what they will,abi,didnt she bring it upon herself.”

@ Excessive Diva- Look who is talking. I remember what you use to write about. YEA

89. ED

May 24, 2007 at 1:39 am

@TRUE SUPERMODEL..SO ITS A SIN TO HAVE A BAD HABIT OF TYPING IN CAPS?WELL I DONT BLAME YOU,I HAVE GOTTEN INTO ENOUGH TROUBLE AS FAR BACK AS MY COLLEGE DAYS FROM TYPING IN ALL CAPS AND SUBMITTING MY COURSEWORK LIKE THAT.

SO TO THE MAJORITY IT MIGHT BE YELLING,TO ME,ITS JUST A VERY VERY BAD HABIT.

@THAT LAST ONE THAT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT MY BLOG..OKAAAY..AND SOOOO…I WROTE ABOUT MY SEX LIFE AMONGST OTHER THINGS AND SOOOOO…HAVE I TOLD ANYONE NOT TO ABUSE ME?LOL,LIKE I CARE,THE ONLY THING I NEVER ALLOWED ON MY BLOG WAS CRAZY JESUS FRUITLOOPS WHO WOULD COME AND PREACH SHIT,I DONT BELIEVE IN ANYTHING THEY BELIEVE IN,AND ANOTHER PEST WITH A SAD LIFE.SOME DIDNT AGREE WITH MY LIFE,AND THEY MADE THEIR POINT WHICH WAS FINE BY ME…SOO..YOUR POINT IS???
    I LIKE PEOPLE GETTING TO THE POINT!!!

GAWDDD IM OFF TO BED.
    **AND PS..IT DONT MEAN THAT EVERY MUG TYPING IN CAPS IS ME OH.

90. true supermodel

May 24, 2007 at 1:41 am

NO woman serves to be beaten up by her spouse, no woman.

91. true supermodel

May 24, 2007 at 1:42 am

I enjoyed your blog and I am with Kanpando, please bring it back. I enjoyed the jist and all.

Anyone have the blogaddress for stella’s blog.

92. ED

May 24, 2007 at 1:49 am

@true supermodel,just type in stella-dimokokorkus unto google,her blog is called stellasgroove or something

see i can type in lower case…(if i reallyyyy try)

and im really off to bed now jare,got a meeting for early momo,i siddon here dey yarn on top bellas blog.

93. Anonymous

May 24, 2007 at 2:33 am

wow, some of you come on here everyday and write
    BELLA WE LOVE YOU, BELLA I AM FIRST, I AM SECOND, I LOVE YOUR BLOG and now the same people are tearing this spot apart and being ignorant.
    Excessive Diva, i am a fan of yours, i read your blog like it was my daily need of water…i am surprised at your bitchyness, because i have always seen you as a no nonsense type person but not exactly a BITCH. Do you though.
    Kettle, shut the hell up, its now that you know this blog is razz. Mugu.
    Everybody, whether or not Funmi Iyanda looked good or bad, thats her business.
    Bella carry on with your bad self.

TK