Events

NEA 2008 + TRUE LOVE WA

BellaNaija.com

Hi Everyone,

How is your week going??
See I am intent on updating this week!
Here are photos from the Nigeria Entertainment Awards (NEA) took place in the US a couple a days ago

Kemi Adetiba – Sasha

Oluchi & Ramsey Noah

Amplifyd Crew

Adewale Ayuba – Tatiana from BBA

Modele – Zaina

Dekunle Fuji – Jedi Baba

Ladybrille – Olu Jacobs

Remi Fagbohun – Keno

Blak J – Eldee & Oladele

Tosin Martins

Basorge Tariah Jnr – DJ Humility

Hosts: Raz Adoti & Tatiana

Winners included Olu Jacobs, Oladele, Keno etc…

Congrats to all the nominees and winners!!!
Everyone looked good but best dressed for me
Kemi Adetiba for the Ladies and surprise surprise, Adewale Ayuba for the Men!
What do you think?
____________________________________________
Here is the cover of the new True Love WA with Nayo on the cover.
Congrats to her!
Make sure you grab your copy asap!
Have a fab day!

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Miss Moss

June 24, 2008 at 10:03 pm

I agree. Kemi looks Chic! i am also digging that Nubian look on Modele.
    Something about Sasha’s look just aint right. I cant place a finger in it tho.

Ooo i think Im first too…whao!

2. BrownSugar

June 24, 2008 at 10:06 pm

And i’m second!!!!!!!! Yipppeee!! brb

3. Miss Moss

June 24, 2008 at 10:14 pm

I meant to say place a finger ‘on’ it not “in”

4. BrownSugar

June 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm

THe new True Love looks juicy!!! Can hardly wait!!!

5. Anonymous

June 24, 2008 at 11:31 pm

thank God you finally updated i have been stalking this page like crazy but it was worth it have a blessed week
    Funmi

6. Anonymous

June 25, 2008 at 12:08 am

kemi’s dress looked nice and simple..but i wasnt feeling the flower stuff on the dress…it played it down…dunno about her shoes either…she looks ok, but was definitely not the best dressed for me.
    Thou i can’t really see the full length of Oluchi’s dress, i know it’s doing it for me already…i love it!

Nma

7. chetablog

June 25, 2008 at 12:41 am

Good stuff.Glad to see Tatiana back on her feet again. And hey, Raz is single.

8. misschristabel05

June 25, 2008 at 12:52 am

there’s one thing i know…NIGERIANS CAN DRESS MAN!!!

and erm…bella…why did you change your background color to pink na??!! kinda reminds me of pepto-bismo….too much pink…akkhhhh..

9. Shu

June 25, 2008 at 1:35 am

Nope, I dont like how Kemi dressed. The dress wasnt that bad but the shoes were horrible. She should have worn open toe sandals or pumps to go with it either in black, gold or turquoise blue/red to add some spice to her look, the slip ons just look too drab.
    I was feeling Oluchi’s dress though, wish I could see the whole of it, still love what I saw, the color especially…

10. Anonymous

June 25, 2008 at 4:27 am

just wondering…why were the NEA awards hosted in the US?

innocent Q, so pls no attacks.

11. Chris

June 25, 2008 at 4:50 am

I totally agree with Adewale Ayuba. Suprisingly enough, that man looked good!!!!

12. Anonymous

June 25, 2008 at 6:25 am

i disagree… Kemi’s dress was not best dressed…however yeah Adewale Ayuba looked sleek…

13. Anonymous

June 25, 2008 at 6:26 am

i disagree… Kemi’s dress was not all that… However Adewale Ayuba looked sleek

14. Uzo

June 25, 2008 at 7:49 am

Wow…Look at Olu Jacobs looking so distinguished and grey..Aging very well….

15. 30+

June 25, 2008 at 8:11 am

don’t think that Kemi was best dressed what happened to LADYBRILLE.
    Though the pixes were small so could no do close scrutiny but it was enough to see “THAT KEMI’s SHOES SHOULD HAVE STAYED UNDER THE BED”.

Ayuba – Hot

Lol @ Anon 4.27 – I was wondering the same especially when there were so many artists there who are actually Nigerian based meaning they all flew all the way to US?!

I am waiting for the day they will come and do UK music award in Nigeria.

8:09 AM

16. Anonymous

June 25, 2008 at 9:52 am

I would say that i like Ladybrille’s & Tatiana’s outfit.

Kemi Adetiba’s is good.

Bella… i like your new template/background colour, it’s different, nice

17. LSN

June 25, 2008 at 12:51 pm

love Kemi, but defintely not best dressed, am shoe gal and her shoes werent cutting it, and sunglasses on a red carpet, hell to the no.. still love her though!

Ladybrille, was looking hot;-)and Oluchi always safe, but safe is good!

Sasha would pay money to style her.. such potential right now though its most likely to look oversytled over tried, but i see her trying!

18. Anonymous

June 25, 2008 at 1:19 pm

I agree with you on the Adewale Ayuba comment. Nice!

To the anonymous asking…

NEA show cases Nigerian Entertainment based in America, and the lucky ones in Nigeria that we in the US love. It was more like a people’s choice award because people had a chance to go online to vote for their best. I guess the name should have been… Nigerian-American Entertainment award.

I don’t work for them but if you go to their site… http://www.nea2008.com, you’ll see what i mean.

19. Anonymous

June 25, 2008 at 3:46 pm

See how Nigerian pple play themselves out. Why did the awards have to take place in the US? Doing it in the UK will even be better cos that place is like “Nigeria outside of Africa”; they have enough Nigerians there.

love the new background.

20. Anonymous

June 25, 2008 at 3:51 pm

El dee is the best best for men. Ayuba’s outfit looks weird, especially with the brown shirt underneath.

21. MIL

June 25, 2008 at 4:12 pm

I’m not about the pink background or kemi’s shoes. Sasha is not a particularly slim girl so the chunky shoes, chunky dress just makes her look plain chunky and almost short. I understand what the person saying she looks like she’s trying too hard means.

Ayuba looks nice. Well done on updating. I love it.

22. Anonymous

June 25, 2008 at 4:31 pm

my best dressed is Ladybrille

23. The Life of a Stranger called me

June 25, 2008 at 5:59 pm

wow new template. super cool or what.

24. Hair Azara

June 25, 2008 at 9:57 pm

Hey Bella!!! loving the pics. Wish I took some myself. Anyways I think LadyBRILLE is the BEST DRESSED. When I saw her, I was speechless! I love the dress, the haircut, EVERYTHING!!!

As for the guys…well. I kinda felt everyone dressed da same…lol. But I loved Keno’s unique-ness!!

As an NEA attendant, I like, everyone else that commented was expecting more actors and actresses. now that I read the comments, I understand the focus of the show.

But regardless the SHOW was amazing!! Everyone dressed to impress and killed it!! so BIG UPS to N.E.A!!

I def. wish they do a show in LONDON, that would be HOT!!

25. isha

June 26, 2008 at 4:13 am

I see my DJs Dee Money and 3k in that picture with Blak J. Nice pictures.

26. Favoured Girl

June 26, 2008 at 10:50 am

Nice photos. I don’t agree Kemi Adetiba was best dressed. I prefer Ladybrille. I like her outfit, hair and make-up. I’m rocking a low cut at the moment so I’m feeling her look.

PS: I like the new template Bella, it makes me think of strawberry ice cream 🙂

27. LoLu

June 26, 2008 at 2:18 pm

They Ok. Kemi just killed her fab dress with those slip ons…seriously! Sasha? I dont know. Reminds me of those girlish belted frocks l used to wear when l was a kid.
    Oluchi’s dress looks great on top. Nice!

And why US as the venue? na wa O

28. Anonymous

June 26, 2008 at 4:45 pm

Kemi’s dress is cute but her legs are not’hot’ for such a dress. Those are not legs to be flaunted, I think. Ladybrille turns out better dressed than Kemi.
    Thanks Ms. Bellanaija for your refreshing update.
    ~YAR~

29. Sisi Blu

June 26, 2008 at 7:04 pm

Sasha wasnt looking right! maybe it was d wrong pose..LADYBRILLE..hawt!!!
    Adewale Ayuba won it mehn..see d odaz..gulsh!

30. adaeze

June 27, 2008 at 12:28 pm

my best dressed vote goes to tatiana! she never dissappoints..
    ladybrille looked classy and fab 2….
    kemi, not bad….
    & sasha…what was she thinking?

31. Areagal

June 27, 2008 at 3:43 pm

Kemi killed it with that dress- uber fab. Oluchi looked STUNNING!! Ladybrille understandably everyone would love the dress as it is this summers and lasts naijas bridesmaids favourite dress with all that rouching- plus the BIG clutch overwhelmed her outfit.

32. Anonymous

June 30, 2008 at 6:17 pm

Kemi’s dress was nice as stated earlier but the shoes and them shades on the red carpet was just not working at all… she should have rocked that dress with some strappy sandals .. not those razz glitter shoes and please who wears shades on the red carpet … that’s so ghetto …. As for Sasha.. the whole outfit and hair was wrong….. Final verdict ..Kemi and Sasha … could have done better.. hot ghetto ass mess…

33. Anonymous

November 22, 2008 at 10:20 pm

Wonder why Ayuba superlative dress sense should surprise anyone who is no stranger to Naija’s entertain
    ment “industry”.The Guy sure knows how to look cute…..and,may I add