Music

New Video: Darey at his Stirring Best in ‘No Stars’

BellaNaija.com

dareartaladenewWe’re lovin’ this new track and video from Darey, its titled ‘No Stars.  No gimmicks. Just stripped bare, melodic and stirring!

1. kelly.o

May 28, 2009 at 9:10 pm

why does he use always ”south african white girls” for his new album dnt get it. could have used nigerian girls at least imho.over all good effort, he is a very talented guy tho… goodluck to him

2. binti

May 29, 2009 at 3:46 am

What the heck is wrong with dare…why must he use white chics!

3. sweetie

May 29, 2009 at 7:46 am

nice video….but….yawn!!!!!

4. KK

May 29, 2009 at 10:38 am

this white girl is meant to give the song an international touch, abi???
    yawn…….

5. eggo

May 29, 2009 at 12:51 pm

and what the heck is wrong with you? are you racist?

6. eggo

May 29, 2009 at 12:55 pm

where in the nigerian constitution does it state that just because we are nigerian we should associated ourselves only with all things nigerian? dare is doing his thing, and he is doing it the way he wants to. if you no like am, then don’t patronise him. why do you think he should care about ur ‘humble racist opinion’

7. binti

May 29, 2009 at 1:14 pm

LOL!LOL! have a good day

8. ITK

May 29, 2009 at 3:00 pm

calm down. naija ppl can hate themselves sha.

9. i like

May 29, 2009 at 3:49 pm

this is NICE!!!

10. anon

May 29, 2009 at 6:09 pm

It only makes sense to use same girl since its a sequel to his other video…Not the Girl.. I humbly convert Darey,from today i shall never underrate you again.We are proud of you.For those yawning,pls go to sleep cos you do not deserve a piece of this.

11. Nneka

May 29, 2009 at 9:06 pm

I like! Seems more him

12. Bola

May 30, 2009 at 12:37 am

ril sweet sweet song n a lovely voice too mr. Dare

13. Dami Ashafa

May 30, 2009 at 4:37 am

who gives a crap the ethnicity of the girl… the vid was lovely, the song was lovely, the vocals were amazing and u still cryin about the fact that d babe is white????? how diff r you from the ppl who look and ask y u black…????
    beautiful darey… just amazing….

14. waffarian

May 30, 2009 at 12:00 pm

This song is sooooooooooo boring…Damn…I don’t know which one is worse, “you are not a girl bla bla” or this one…I did not even finish it self. I dozed off.

15. kalu

May 30, 2009 at 10:25 pm

minority opinion, imbibed d spirit of appreciate someone’s effort.

16. waffarian

June 1, 2009 at 12:40 am

Of course na “minority” ! This particular opinion, na one man get am, ME. I did not make this opinion on behalf of a “majority” or “general” opinion.

When criticizing any art form, opinions are always personal. Jeeeez! People should understand that by now. It does not diminish any effort he has put in the work. The fact that I think it is boring does not mean he has not worked hard or put effort.

And, yeah, what if I do not “appreciate” the effort? ehen? I do not appreciate it. I do not appreciate it. Has anybody died?

Abeg, make I hear word. It is a damn boring song and thats my opinion and not yours. Leave me to enjoy my opinion. You self, carry your own and enjoy. Haba!

17. Dorah

June 1, 2009 at 3:14 am

It’s better than his last song. He’s been working on his voice. And yeah, I agree with Waffarian; the song is boring. But he has improved.

18. Chika Moses

June 2, 2009 at 4:35 pm

Another impressive one from Darey! I always love his videos! However, this is the second time I’ve seen a video of him with the woman dumping him! SERIOUSLY! I’m gonna need some happy songs from this fellow! Maybe one where the woman can’t get enough or something like that! HAPPY LOVE SONGS! No more weepy ballads! I do love it though… his voice is amazing! The chic is hot! All in all, smashing video!

19. Bridget Oti

June 5, 2009 at 1:05 am

he has a pretty good voice, there are times he goes down to low
    well i know the genre of music is not the most liked compared to the upbeat music ppl are used to hearing

20. Nyazivea

June 5, 2009 at 9:44 pm

If John Legend sang the song some of you shouting boring would have probably learnt the lyrics by now.
    abeg even if you think the song is boring what have you got to say about the video quality. I think its a good point to mention the good and not just the bad!

Good job DARE!

21. aaliyah

June 5, 2009 at 11:28 pm

dis song is d continuation of you r not d girl u dont expect him 2 use som nex girl do u? dumb ass haters. he knows exactly wat he is doin, dis is wat we call raw talent. dommys ……… gosh hatin 4 no reason dats stupid it really irritatin. d song is sick 4 all i care.

22. Valentine Wat

June 7, 2009 at 10:27 pm

I just watched the video now and I think, the song is amazing, Darey has a fantastic voice, the video quality is classy and perfect. I am completely blown away by the song and the video. I am so proud as a Nigerian in diaspora to watch and listen to music such as this one from a fellow Nigerian and I will be certainly recomending the song to my friends and colleagues who may not even be African. I cant stop replaying it.

23. BiafranPrincess

June 8, 2009 at 4:16 am

I actually really dig this, way better than all the so called generic uptempo songs we’ve been bombarded with, Some poetry never hurt anyone. 9ja men need to learn from Dare and get in touch with their sensitive side. All these women bashing and sexually objectifying scantily clad ladies is getter old and annoying.
    Again, me likes!

24. Uche

June 13, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Move over Gerald Levert.Dare is here – Hey mate,NEVER BACK DOWN!I thought this song was awesome.

25. AMAKA

June 23, 2009 at 1:25 am

gosh naija men. what the hell?
    why isnt the girl he’s using a pretty black girl. why do these men run off to the uk and then want to use some white girl in the video as if it makes them look better. even in american videos the girl is some type of latin or biracial.
    but he has a nice voice anyway.

26. silva

July 21, 2009 at 9:41 pm

like dis, but i prefer ‘not d girl’…nice work Dare…