Music

Wale and Lady GaGa: Chillin’

wale-lady-gagaHot off the D.C hip-hop scene is Wale, an up and coming D.C MC with a g0-go vibe. Wale’s full name is Olubowale Victor Akintimehin. Wale grew up in Northwest D.C before he moved to Largo, MD. In March of 2008,  Wale signed a joint venture deal with Mark Ronson’s Allido Records and Interscope. His new album “Attention:Deficit” was released in June and his newest single features dance  pop-princess Lady GaGa.

Check out Lady GaGa and Wale below in Chillin’

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XwxKVBNbrQ[/youtube]

1. AMAKA

July 14, 2009 at 5:50 pm

oh no!!! not this trash!
    no it can never happen.
    lady gaga is a stank whore to takes her clothes off for anyone who askes her. we dont need this american skank coming into this website.
    ever since MJ died i feel we have no more talent and no more real artist like we did back then.
    everyone now is fake voices being altered in the studio (lady gaga). and so many other american and naija artist having no real talent. i mean come on, where is the originality?
    everyone is getting picked based on looks and looks alone.
    the way the world is now im starting to go crazy. why cant we go back to the 90’s? it was one of the best times here on Earth.
    well peace and love!
    ciao!

2. Derin

July 14, 2009 at 9:35 pm

Damn Amaka U sound soooo emotional…..Ow does taking ur clothes off make u a Whore?? Models do it, even Nollywood artists nd actors r nw doing it…..Moreover music is not all about who can carry d highest notes its also about entertaining…Heck,even MJ was an entertainer same goes for Rihanna and so many of dem out dere!!! Abeg Wande Coal, Lagbaja dem dey use auto-tune tooo so y d grudge!!!

3. N.D.

July 14, 2009 at 10:09 pm

I no sey dis parents na nigerians but wale no dey claim naija. so wetin be da point of dis. y e be sey we like 2 claim everybody. no disrespect wale na gud rapper sha. much bless 2 him nd his music

4. NKay

July 14, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Calm the hell down! Na wa ooo! It ain’t that serious.

5. We Plug G.O.O.D Music

July 14, 2009 at 11:28 pm

DC chillin!!! Wale Chillin!!! Quick thing yeah! Attention deficit drops in September (not June). In June, Wale released the ‘back to the feature’ mixtape with 9th Wonder… Check out some of my favs on our Wale feature… http://wepluggoodmusic.blogspot.com/2009/07/why-are-u-still-sleeping-ode-2-new.html

& @ Amaka!!! Oh please get outta town wiv your hating self! Have you listened 2 Lady Gaga’s album? I bet you havent so your opinion is quite ignorant at this point. & as for your comment bout music in general, do you live under a rock or something? Come on… M.I, Symun, Kel, Naeto C, Banky W, Zara, May7en, Zaina, Keno Kenett, Naira… & thats only Nigeria!!! G.O.O.D Music is in the building 4 real!!!

6. Lost at the End

July 15, 2009 at 3:03 am

Why don’t we go back to the 90s? LoL! Cause we are not in the 90s. Suck it up baby. I feel for you sha. How old are you? You’re already getting the Abati-syndrome at your age. O ma se o. E go hard for you.

And, why should skanky Gaga not be on the website? Did Bella tell you she’s allergic to skanks?

7. Tina

July 15, 2009 at 3:12 am

WOW…So much hate hun…RELAX! I actually don’t see anything bad with this music..I like it as a matter of fact!
    No one will ever do it like MJ, So how about we move on???!!

8. AMAKA

July 15, 2009 at 4:57 am

im not even that old. im not even 20 yet but i feel the 90’s was the best era we had. too bad we have to move on.
    but whatever i just wont support stupid music.
    but ciao!!

9. Tina

July 15, 2009 at 6:25 am

how about u go get laid and QUIT being so damn negative…how about it boo..

10. Kies

July 15, 2009 at 9:18 am

Tina makes me laugh,good suggestion…perhaps she should go get laid.
    Have you realized that women who always criticize don’t have men in their lives? this could mean that a lot of the women who always criticize on these blogs are menless

11. AMAKA

July 15, 2009 at 9:38 am

for your information after hearing gaga’s music i didnt even want to hear the album. and i agree with ND if its true that Wale doesnt even rep naija. if that’s true then why are naija trying to rep him. abeg leave me alone.
    sorry and for the other girl lady gaga is a whore! you naija people buy into everything. just because its naija i have to like it be good or bad? im asking you people now, DO YOU LIVE UNDER A ROCK?!?!?!? just because its “naija” doesnt mean i have to like it. even though i do like some naija music most of the artist arent original. they steal other people’s music and sing about most of the same things on their album.
    their life, girls, money, ect.
    i listen to some naija music but NOT ALLL because some of it doesnt entertain me or its like listening to the same shit.
    but i look at music different from you people i guess.
    whatever…

12. AMAKA

July 15, 2009 at 9:42 am

oh yeah and one more thing.
    i just got in an “argument” earlier because people feel just because you dont like something you are hating. why would i be jealous?!?! lol
    i dont like the music plain and simple. doesnt make me a hater.
    so im hating if i dont a person? wow!
    the word hater is misused nowadays. lol
    and most naija artist (even though some of their music is good) steal a lot of their style from other people and rap about the same things. pshh!

13. We Plug G.O.O.D Music

July 15, 2009 at 10:01 am

actually FYI he does rep Nigeria so I dunno where you’re goin gwith this! Listen 2 his records and he name-drops where he’s from all the time. Go on his twitter and he ever talkin bout being African and being from a Nigerian background so come on, get your knowledge up yeah

14. We Plug G.O.O.D Music

July 15, 2009 at 10:13 am

dont mean 2 burst your bubble again, so you’ve heard what? maybe 2 lady gaga songs & thats basis enuff 2 judge her whole album? whats that thing they say again, dont judge a book by its cover? well go figure! OK then tell me one ‘bad’ track that either of the names I called earlier have made or tell me which one of em aint original and then maybe you’ll have a chip of a point. u really need 2 get over yourself & jus chill. Yes there’s awful music in 9ja but there’s really GOOD music too, jus take your pick & stop sounding negative

FYI you called LG a whore & a skank wiv a fake voice? i’ve heard her sing live & there’s nufin fake bout that voice my dear… so that’s definitely HATING in my book. its one thing not 2 like an artiste’s music but what you spewed b4 was hateration

peace & love lol

15. Derin

July 15, 2009 at 11:22 am

OMG…..I’ve gt to agree with “We Plug” i’ve gt lady gaga’s album “the fame” and i have to say every song is as original as can be soo i dnt know what Amaka is on about……Musicians av been copying each other from day, its about ow u present ur product nowadays nyways…….u rili ought to get over urself cos it sounds like u got sum real issues wen it comes to lady gaga nd music!! :P……..na wa person go tink say u gt evidence say she b whore or sumn nd for her to have Akon on her track is even more convincing that the girl got talent……U need to jam with ur hype!

16. Tina

July 15, 2009 at 3:49 pm

lol..i agree jare…she must be really angry @ LIFE..Coming up in the joint and criticizing every damn thing…hiss…AMAKA, may God soften ur heat..

17. AMAKA

July 15, 2009 at 5:55 pm

HOW AM I CRITICIZING BECAUSE I DONT LIKE THE MUSIC? MUST I PRETEND TO LIKE THE MUSIC OR THE PERSON SO I CAN LOOK LIKE IM NOT JEALOUS? WOW! SOME PEOPLE ARE REALLY MESSED UP IN THE HEAD. I DONT GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK. IM NOT ANGRY AT THE WORLD BUT LOOK AT IT, ITS FUCKED UP!
    AND I DONT HAVE TO LIKE EVERY NAIJA ARTIST JUST BECAUSE ITS A NAIJA PERSON. AND I DONT EVEN THIN WALE REPS NAIJA SO WHO CARES ABOUT HIM?

18. AMAKA

July 15, 2009 at 6:01 pm

YES ITS LIKE IF I HEARD 2 MILEY CYRUS SONGS AND DIDNT LIKE THE MUSIC SHE PUTS OUT, JUST DONT LIKE THE MUSIC. WHO SAYS I HAVE TO? I DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO A WHOLE DAMN ALBUM TO DETERMINE IF I LIKE SOMEONE’S MUSIC! IF I DONT LIKE THE SONGS FROM THE BEGINNING WHY WOULD I WANT TO LISTEN TO A WHOLE ALBUM?
    AND WHOEVER SAID I NEED TO GET LAID IS AN IDIOT. ARE YOU SOME KIND OF SEX GURU? HAHAHA “GO GET LAID” THAT LINE IS RIDICULOUS.

19. Dorah

July 15, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Wale is the BEST Nigerian artist out there. He actually makes good music. HOLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Susanna Efiok

July 16, 2009 at 1:56 am

na wa oh all this arguements for people who no send una?

21. lola

July 16, 2009 at 4:24 am

ok just to let u know! wale is not up and coming ok!
    bella please gbet it right
    dude don dey for a while and has had edorsements…

22. We Plug G.O.O.D Music

July 16, 2009 at 8:26 am

Ok @ Amaka again… 4 the last time, the fact that U don’t like LG music doesn’t make you a hater but from when you go round callin her a whore and a skank, now that’s definitely you HATING! P.S if U’ve just listened 2 2 songs, then don’t you think your opinion is rather… Very uninformed? Don’t you think? Its like listening 2 2 songs off your idol MJ’s last album and deciding he is not good cos let’s face it, not all d songs on his last album were that good! How uninformed would that be?

You don’t have 2 listen or like the music that LG makes, 2 each his/her own really but don’t cuss noone out here! These people jus tryna make good music & u’re callin her a whore? Soo NOT on!

And @ d other comment, yes Wale’s been on the underground circuit circa 96 but he is still very much regarded as up & coming. From when you’re wivout a debut album, U’re still new really & he says it himself on one of his new records called ‘New Soul’.

And while I’m here, I’ll say again! Wale does rep where he comes from so y’all stop being nagative with it

Peace

23. sexxy babe

July 16, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Really really nice song. loved it the first time i heard it on the radio. go wale !!!

24. N,I. Vixen

July 16, 2009 at 12:53 pm

sorry but i gotta say, coming from the DCMD area Wale reps Nigeria everywhere he goes, don’t know where you got that information from but it is seriously not accurate, he even has a song called “Cuz I’m African” think about if he didn’t rep Naija then why would he use his real name as his stage name??…..

25. beautiful iris

July 16, 2009 at 9:36 pm

If Amaka is under 20 and has nothing meaninful to say,she should be banned from this sit******just joking o Amaka****
    On a serious note learn to give construcvtive criticism not curses Amaka….We’re in a century where you wear what you deem fit,move into that century girl….

26. buki

July 17, 2009 at 12:09 am

u need to chill…..wow its like u are really using this site to put out ur frustrations .my advice to u is to find a new hobby to put ur frustrations on and remember Jesus luvs U….. DONT BE A HATER BUT A LOVER.. LOLZ

27. buki

July 17, 2009 at 12:13 am

TRUE TALK……..

28. Nice Anon

July 18, 2009 at 3:59 pm

ogu na ngba ontop Wale? E no make sense jare. Na wa o!

29. oloye

August 4, 2009 at 6:33 am

I dont understand the issue, how can someone not represent where he is from when his name is WALE!!! he was born in america he knows that, his parents are Nigerian, he knows that, so do you expect him to be making music like Dbanj and 9ice, wetin do you ppl sef?? He cannot please everybody. He is naija from head to toe, you can pick who you want to represent you put dont classify the guy as not representing Nigeria when you have not heard him denounce it. Chamillionare is born to Nigerian parents and we have only heard him say his peoples are from africa, isnt Neyos momsie Nigerian as well. Leave the guy and let him represent what he wants.

30. Amaka Ifediora

March 17, 2010 at 10:20 am

I love Wale and he represents the Nigerians who aren’t from Nigeria. Anyone who can tell the difference between a dog and a cat can tell that there is a difference between American and African born people. I am only half Nigerian, but when people ask my ethnicity , I reply that I am Nigerian American. My mom is AfrAm and my dad is Nigerian. I love Wale and he NEVER denies his Nigerian culture.