News

“We are separating” – 9ice confirms marital split from wife Toni Payne

9icetoniSad news filtered through the entertainment community today. Just as speculation was mounting, an official press release from 9ice’s PR representatives confirmed the news. Nigerian musician 9ice and his wife of one and half years, beauty entrepreneur Toni Payne have broken up.

According to the press release, “The couple have agreed to separate for a while, even though they continue to remain good friends and business partners…And it is their wish that we all respect their privacy at this period”.

The couple who wed in July 2008 began dating before the musician attained widespread acclaim and success. toni-payne-pregnant-with-9ices-babyMany credit the combination of 9ice’s talent and Toni’s managerial and publicity skills as the formula for the singer’s success. The couple is blessed with a son – Zion. According to the press release, Toni Payne will retain primary custody of their child.

This is truly an unfortunate development. As we all know, marriage is a tough journey and only the two people within that relationship can paint the full picture of the situation. We wish both 9ice and Toni Payne the best in this difficult time.

Photo Credit: Bella Naija | Suby & Sinem

1. N.Vixen

January 8, 2010 at 5:19 pm

i really do wish them the best, this is sad =(

2. Ragga

January 8, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Its most unfortunate for the both of them. I wonder if we are talking about foreign stars the way we have embraced divorce. Why do people get married? Are they aware that its hard work. Do they consider the children involved or just themselves. Do they think of the big picture besides the wedding ceremony.

I may just be rambling, its just that i really hate divorce and if you can help it kindly avoid it.

3. Jummy

January 8, 2010 at 5:25 pm

They were married for almost 1.5 years, not 2.5 years.

I do wish them both all the best. Perhaps the separation will give them to see that they are better together – you never know!

4. Banke!

January 8, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Ah painful. I wish them both well.

5. mutallab

January 8, 2010 at 6:17 pm

men………. i won’t blame any of them for now ,but i feel 9ice must have done something……just my own opinion.

6. Dokpee

January 8, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Why d heck did they get married then….this is sooooo annoying if true

7. YNC Babe

January 8, 2010 at 6:43 pm

OMG!….say it’s a lie.

8. Oluwagbemileke Akanmu

January 8, 2010 at 6:57 pm

This is a sad news for the entertainment industry and is not encouraging. Hope both parent should come together to settle this. Please save the future of Zion.

9. Laba Labasa

January 8, 2010 at 7:06 pm

I like that bella handled the matter courteosly.

10. Vera Ezimora

January 8, 2010 at 7:13 pm

This is a rather sad way to begin the New Year. I wish 9ice and Toni Payne the best; the two of them are the only ones who know what is really going on in their home. Hopefully, their separation will bring each member of their family the result they seek.

11. Sher

January 8, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Naija people and una mouth.
    Someone said they were sure that 9ice was the problem….why go Justifying and making assumption on what you don’t know. This a personal issue which needs to be resolved between both party. Secondly, if the marriage is not working why stay in it? marriage is not supposed to be a prison. Yes, it could also be best in the interest of the child to disolve things now than raising a kid in a unhealty and unhappy marriage. I bet neither of them had wished for a divorce when they got into the whole relationship? So why stay in it if it ain’t working out? They can try to work things out but if it is over, it is over…..life goes on.

I never saw this coming for them and I wish them all the best!!

• aminat

July 7, 2011 at 10:37 am

dis lyk d best commen…………love dis

12. LaLA

January 8, 2010 at 7:49 pm

@ Ragga, i agree with you, this whole marriage thing…people just seem to have a ceremony of dating, not a union of 2 souls. It gets to me.
    I hope they get thru this…
    well i guess all they need is another year and a half…oops1 did i say that??!!

13. anthonia

January 8, 2010 at 7:53 pm

This is so sad how i wish they can talk it over again, Divorce is never the best option

14. PREYE

January 8, 2010 at 8:14 pm

I KNEW IT…I THINK SHE JUST MARRIED HIM CUZ OF THE PREGNANCY AND THEY WERE JUST NOT A GOOD COUPLE…HE IS AN ILLITERATE AND SHE WAS WAY ABOVE HIS CLASS (EVEN THO SHE IS WOWO SHA)…SHE IS ALSO A VERY PROPER GIRL LIVING IN CALIFORNIA…I WAS SHOCKED WHEN THEY GOT MARRIED…NOT SURPRISED THOUGH. DON’T MARRY A MAN JUST CUZ U R PREGNANT BCOS THAT MARRIAGE WON’T LAST AND GIRLS SHUD WATCH WHO THEY MARRY…STILL WAITING FOR SULTAN’S MARRIAGE…LET’S SEE WHAT HAPPENS…FEEL BAD FOR TONI AND 9ICE’S BABY THOUGH

• Mister B

October 27, 2010 at 4:30 pm

@ Prey, abi na wetin be your name sef? why do people like you try to pull down??? He’s an illiterate? What gives you that conclusion? Dude, in this genaration,’cos one did not go to school doesn’t make him or her an illiterate. Yes, Toni may have more education background or perhaps, previlege more than him, but that doesn’t make the poor dude illiterate – capish? You got to remember that we all hail from different background… please, earse that thought of him being an illiterate out of your head! You’re in no position to judge people, afterall, you did not create them.

15. Dith-H-P

January 8, 2010 at 8:31 pm

OMG!!! I think I am psychic! I swear.
    I had this feeling for sometime for some odd feeling but I kept asking myself ” habba wetin come consine you for matter?” lol
    aww! How sad! Hopefully they can work things out!
    I think things just went by so quickly with them and a long distance marriage? Gosh! takes a whole lot of work and perseverance.

All d best

16. Rachel

January 8, 2010 at 9:14 pm

@Preye, my thoughts exactly (although did you mean to say 9ice wowo instead of Toni?) A well educated girl like her…come go marry that tout…Toni, you can do better than that! By the way, when did Nigerians start doing press release for separation lol…na wa o!

• jacobs shedrack

April 10, 2011 at 2:57 am

u an educated gal,u beta go and look 4 a supa star 2 get married to.a talented and sucessful tout is better than a jobless and a poverty stricken graduate

17. shola pacheco

January 8, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Its unfortunate things had to go this way for them….really wish the opposite was the case..ppl need to be cautious of what they say,there are emotions involved,families,siblings and especially the child in between.I pray this is not the end for toni and 9ice.divorce is not a thing of joy. being judged and some even saying they saw it coming is not a fair to say to anyone….wish toni and 9ice all the best…hope they can sort things out.

18. priscilla

January 8, 2010 at 9:33 pm

what up with the press release anyway? i suggest if you are not ready to get married, don’t my god people don’t take marriages serious anymore now a child has to grow up without the benefit of having two parents in a household. i think divorce is an easy option but in some diffcult cases inevitable.

19. Adio

January 8, 2010 at 9:40 pm

It is easy to date and courtship is sweet but living together is very hard and sad sometimes. Couples go through hell! There is no perfect marriage like some people claim.

20. joke

January 8, 2010 at 10:33 pm

never get married to save your face after a pregnancy.

21. nasimeon

January 8, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Separation isn’t an option. 9ice and Toni please sort your marriage out no matter the issue (unfaithfulness, lack of trust, infidelity etc) you name it. The truth is that in marriage let no man put asunder (separation). I believe both of them are responsible no matter what the problem is. I must admit that It’s a difficult time for them but I won’t hesitate to advise them to seek counsel from the Lord and their pastor(s).
    I learn something today that when you don’t have the right foundation and you embark on a huge task/responsibility like marriage – it’s risky because if your foundation is right or strong – when the time of trails comes the building will surely collapse.
    9ice my brother – Toni isn’t the problem. Toni my sister – 9ice isn’t the problem (both of you are the problem). Both of you should seek the face of the Lord (there is nothing God can’t do). I wish you a successful marriage – I speak life into your marriage. God bless you both really good!! Don’t let the devil rejoice because life is about choice – make the right choice according to God’s word and take responsibility for your actions and make it work. I love you 9ice, Toni & Zion.

N/B: there is no marriage that won’t get to the point where you want to go your separate ways…but if you stick and fight for it…you’ll reap the fruits.

22. pkmelody

January 9, 2010 at 12:45 am

IM SAD THEY WEREN’T SUPPOSE TO BREAK UP!!! I USE TO LOVE READING ABOUT THEM TOGETHER, MAYBE DOWN THE ROAD THEY’LL GET BACK TOGETHER

23. misse

January 9, 2010 at 1:35 am

i did like 9ice and toni and thought they made a great couple…..no one should be passing judgement on this as no one knows wot has truely happened…..
    its easy to sit there as an outsider and say woteva but we need to all understand that no matter wot, it will be a very difficult time for both of them and they will need support no matter wot caused the split….
    i’m wishin them they best…..

24. LMAO

January 9, 2010 at 1:45 am

Toni payne beauty what? did YOU ugly enterpreneur,she cant dress,she isnt beautiful n she cant doi makeup no sense of style oh well you guys should not act like it is that serious its normal in AFrica no paoers to sign they’ll just go seperate ways…goodluck to them hope 9ice starts eating good and looking a little 9icer as he looks like he’s suffering and does not eat

25. Caramel4u

January 9, 2010 at 1:52 am

na wa oh! but thank God they put this up here for people to see especially now everyone seems to be getting married and girls never stop saying “i must get married this year oh”. like marriage i just a beautiful one day ceremony that solves all your problems.

26. Nice Anon

January 9, 2010 at 1:56 am

Oh WOWERS! This is so shocking!!!!

27. MiaJadore

January 9, 2010 at 1:57 am

I agree with a few here, what’s with the press release? Same thing I asked when I read a recent interview from Monalisa Chinda. Why can’t these people learn to keep their private lives private. ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!! What ever.

28. az in...

January 9, 2010 at 2:05 am

wow.. I’m in shock

29. KK

January 9, 2010 at 2:13 am

crap opinion and totally irrelevant in the scheme of things.

30. KK

January 9, 2010 at 2:19 am

why the caps?
    are you so insecure you need to draw attention ?
    ‘a proper girl living in California’?
    You must be the most deluded of humans to make such a comment.
    She did not remember she lived in California when she was sleeping with him?
    you all need to stop these crass comments that are simply delusional.
    Let them have their peace and sort out their lives as they deem fit.
    some of those commenting here have worse relationships than this couple.
    Whatever they do and whatever they seek, i wish them God’s strength.

• Mister B

October 27, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Word!! KK, you just hit the nail on the head! Please tell them…!!

31. KK

January 9, 2010 at 2:21 am

you are waiting for Sultan’s marriage?
    what are you?
    a witch or a psycho.
    please get off that keyboard and check into a mental facility.
    you are sick.

32. Bebe

January 9, 2010 at 2:22 am

Oh wow! This is sad – splitting up so soon! They both seemed to be so much in love and they were both good for each other’s careers. What a pity. Only God knows what went wrong between them. And their little son…. hmmm

33. j

January 9, 2010 at 2:31 am

It’s not surprising, long distance relationship fail 99% of the time.

34. Ruby

January 9, 2010 at 4:17 am

Na wa you guys! Instead of you to pray say make yr own no be like that you are saying ‘he is tout and she’s princess!’ How is that yr bizness? Gosh! You pple sha!

35. Faramade

January 9, 2010 at 4:58 am

Toni na my girl any given day…can we fault her for picking the razz stupid ibadan boy up, cleaning him and even considering him worthy of marriage and now..the idiot just bounceD? Chei…women have suffered sha…A whole Toni Payne..to Abolore Akande? the name sounds so razzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!. His H-factor alone would have turned me off, let alone his eleran boy looks. Shio…Toni, keep your head up. You will be fine…

36. nikisho

January 9, 2010 at 6:25 am

nawa o,some naija peeps and their big fat mouth,what is wrong with 9ice marrying the so called ‘a proper girl living in California’,some people really need to think before posting comment.KMT
    This is a must be a really difficult time for them.Wishing them all the best and most importantly hoping dey wud try and work things out asap.

37. Ashimi Abisola

January 9, 2010 at 6:57 am

This is rubbish.you two should sit back and think.how would it fill like growing up without the ever watching eye of a dad.this is gonna have a negative effect on Baby Zion.for God’s sake,he is way too little to be experiencing this kind of thing.its rather late than never.

38. beezy

January 9, 2010 at 9:06 am

Faramade….. Ur soooo stupid it hurts me just reading ur comment. If it was left for pple like u, we would have two worlds…one for the “Toni Paynes” and the other for regular people with “H-factor”… Idiot!!!

39. beezy

January 9, 2010 at 9:15 am

what a pyscho you are Preye!!..i’m sure you sef get boyfriend(or psn wey u dey sleep with)..na the person i pity…..

40. Xris

January 9, 2010 at 9:24 am

Hw can u b such a blind critic??? Both of dem must hv liked something in each oda be4 goin 2 d altar. 9ice got style n dat’s why she wz trinpinp @ 1st. So if der’ve got issues nw, let dem sort it out like adults, beta still parents

41. ayomi

January 9, 2010 at 9:48 am

lol , faramade sayin abolore is razz(talkin names now). ain’t dat a lil bit delusional. try n address issues and throw dem emotions in d in aiight

42. yoola

January 9, 2010 at 10:26 am

this is so sad…you guys need to get back togeda

43. ThaPoet

January 9, 2010 at 10:40 am

Faramade…u really av tew work on tha way u bring out stuffz….itz sad tew read this kinda fin from u….

Well,i wish they ll comeback tewgether for better…thatz jst tha real spirit….

44. Titi

January 9, 2010 at 11:23 am

Hahaha lol, if you think Abolore sounds razz…check out FARAMADE. That’s like 500% more razz-sounding. Although I quite agree with you that 9ice is a razz guy but there’s nothing wrong with his name.

45. Teekay Baba

January 9, 2010 at 1:18 pm

I pray and hope dt 9ice and Toni settle their differences and get back 2gether not just becos it`s the right thing 2 do but becos they`ve exchanged vows and as such produced a loving son “Zion”…In my opinion after being married for almost 10yrs despite d fact dt i`d settled abroad for over 2 decades b4 going back 2 Naija to get married…i can say there is NO formula for a successful marriage even if the love is diminishing @ a rapid speed…” you stick with it regardless of d circumstance”….I`m quite certain dt if you approach d likes of olu & Joke Jacobs…they will have 1 or 2 ups & downs to narrate…If both 9ice & Toni are really and truely God fearing & very considerate, they will most certainly do the right thing….
    Finally i would love them to know dt 1) Gbo Gbo aso ko la`n sa s`orun (i.e Do not expose ur relationship)2)For two different people to come 2gether to become one and actually know eachother..You need 10yrs ie odun mewa gbako gbako 3)Nomatterwhat always communicate with oneanother 4)No condition is ever permanent…
    Take care and Remain blessed
    T.K Baba

46. Gem

January 9, 2010 at 3:21 pm

This is really quite sad. I’ve heard that 9ice really loves (or is it now loved?) her. Men and Infidelity sha! Tufia!

I know they had been dating before 9ice blew up but I cant help but wonder if that helped facilitate the ‘shotgun’ marriage. I wonder if they had just chilled and not gotten married, maybe by now it will simply be a break up and not a divorce. IMO, we Nigerians seem to think we must get married once there’s pregnancy involved…not true!
    Say what you will about 2baba but at least we know he’s taking his time where marriage is concerned lol.

P.S – check out my new blog: nigerian nougat x

47. Faramade

January 9, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Lmao…crazy chica…trust me, Faramadeola…omo **** infact if you hear my last name, na posh too. Real Ikorodu last name.lol Abolore is still razz name. what’s the short form? Abo ? In fact if you hear my momz call my name..you will swear to name your child after me…hahahhahaha

48. kamoze

January 9, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Marriage is not for small Boys

49. Wumi4Jesus

January 9, 2010 at 5:21 pm

9ice and Toni should please for the sake of Zion should remember their first love and make this marriage work. Wake up and disappoint the devil over your marriage. you can do it……

50. T McComb

January 9, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Since that’s how they want it. I wish them good luck.

51. zena

January 9, 2010 at 7:31 pm

If a marriage isn’t working couples shouldn’t stay together because of children, in the long run it’ll affect the kid growing up with parents who aren’t getting along, it happened to me!

52. Bola #1

January 9, 2010 at 8:13 pm

im said to hear this 🙁 They must have rili thought this out, b4 making a move so i guess it works best for them and Zion

53. Titi

January 9, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Faramade, and what is the short form of yours? Fara? hahahaha

54. darry harry

January 9, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Does any one know if they signed a pre-nup… lol.. who is getting what and who is not getting what? lmao

55. Gee'

January 9, 2010 at 8:53 pm

You’re totally wrong for making that comment!!….The whole point of making a Press release in cases like this is to set the record straight otherwise, the media, geral foolywang gossipers and people like you will say all sorts of rubbish about your situation that just isnt true. By making a Pressa Statement they are divulging intimate details of their relationship they are just saying “This is what is going on so please RESPECT our PRIVACY”

56. angelica

January 9, 2010 at 8:53 pm

if the marriage aint working , then it aint working!!!! wish them all the best either way …… u cant ‘fight’ too hard to keep a union cos of a child, it leads to pple seperating when they’r old ….too old to start again properly. So if thats the best thing so be it..sad but fact.

57. PREYE

January 9, 2010 at 10:11 pm

KK that is ur problem…like i said on linda’s blog i don’t care about nigerian men/not attracted to them hun…so u r the witch and not me…i know more than u do so just leave me alone ok…i have said what i feel like saying…i am not insecure u r insecure…why not write ur name rather than ur fake initials.

58. Angela Johnson

January 9, 2010 at 11:23 pm

@LMAO,you must be one of 9ice’s groupees. You need to stop spewing hatred. It is obvious that you are a jealous person and hater. I am an American i use her makeup line and am impressed by her effort to promote African women especially Nigerian women. She is real and does not play game. for your information i met 9ice and his wife and very handsome son Zion when he came to Los Angeles. They are both going to be fine and i pray to God to destroy negative people like you in this world. The world does not need people like you with negative vibes. For those of you wishing them well, i wish you all well and may God bless you all for caring for them. To Toni and 9ice may God bless you and your lovely son. Toni, you are a very strong African woman,if i can go thru test of time i bet you will be fine in Jesus Name.

59. Angela Johnson

January 9, 2010 at 11:38 pm

@ Rachel, 9ice was the one who did the press release not Toni. The press release was a surprise to Toni

60. Angela Johnson

January 9, 2010 at 11:47 pm

@ Joke, please don’t say what you don’t know. So, what is your take on broken marraiges without pregnancy…please think before you speak and this is coming from a woman?

61. Angela Johnson

January 10, 2010 at 12:03 am

@kk, that comment was meant for that “Silly Ass” Preye, Not you and thanks for supporting 9ice and Toni.

62. Angela Johnson

January 10, 2010 at 12:23 am

You are the most idiotic,ignorant person have ever come across. you don’t date Nigerian men? and what made you think you are so special? You must be very Ugly for Nigerian men to date you. I am so sick of wanna be’s like you pretending not to shit and your shit smells worse than my dog poop! For Toni, who resided and schooled in the U.S to go all the way back home to marry someone from her country tells you she is real. unlike crap ass like you. Please post your pics if you think you are hotter! than Toni or anyone else on this post. you can check my pics out on Facebook, i have nothing to hide. I love Nigerian men,yes men will always be men with fame or no fame. I know it has to do with his fame and those groupess like you. Get a Grip Bitch and don’t Hate!

63. teejay

January 10, 2010 at 5:55 am

With respect to whatever challenges 9ice and Toni might be facing, they should both realise that it easier for both of them to find other partner than their child another parent. Poor boy (Zion)what a way to start a life

64. abisola

January 10, 2010 at 7:48 am

I personally think they rush into things too quickly. The album just came out the next thing we heard is 9ice is getting married…………..to be in d entertainment industry u really have to think deep before taking any step to do thing. Please tell me why is dbanj or 2face not married yet because if they do is d down fall of their career MAYBE DIS 9ICE NEWS IS A FALSE RUMOR SO IS ABLUM DAT JUST CAME OUT CAN SELL…..

65. Angela Johnson

January 10, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Not Funny my dear!

66. Ksexy

January 10, 2010 at 3:23 pm

I wonder why you bloody nigerians never mind your business. some people are even refering to her as Ms Payne already. Why dont you guys give this 2 privacy at this time. Please ask yourselves this question: Have you personally never had problems in ur relationships? Please toni and 9ice are not gods. They are human beings like you and i . These things are bound to happen to make them stronger so plssss stop killing them and making them alive. MIND YOUR BUSINESS!

67. tega

January 10, 2010 at 4:05 pm

tell them, marriage is not for small boys.

68. Danjuma Gomasha

January 10, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Most probably they didnt have a clue what they were getting into…………young Zion’s foundation is getting shaky from his young age because of some clueless adults

69. silva

January 10, 2010 at 5:04 pm

well sweets, in case u didn’t notice, dis post is on Bella Naija, dat means people will comment, and there’ll surely be negative comments, so stop stressing urself….(afterall they r public figures and people must talk about them).
    its nt onli Nigerians that don’t mind their business, its a human trait, ask Tiger Woods…

70. cy

January 10, 2010 at 6:38 pm

i knew this was going to happen sooner or later .na una sabi

71. Jumanji

January 10, 2010 at 6:41 pm

You dey mind the ewucanbeer…when something is public news, the public reacts to it. If 9ice wanted privacy, he wouldn’t have issued a press release

72. Bola #1

January 10, 2010 at 7:43 pm

I dont think they would start a rumor just to sell albumms, with such a sensitive issue

73. bimbim

January 10, 2010 at 8:00 pm

ksexy,it wud have been better if u didnt drop a comment…or does ur comment make any sense to u?

74. Bebe

January 10, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Are you serious? What kind of coward is he? That he could not sit down with her to talk about things before releasing a shock statement??? That is worse than a break-up by text or email. I used to have a lot of respect for 9ice cos of his music but that has now been flushed down the drain.

75. timi davies

January 10, 2010 at 10:08 pm

these people should understand that they r public figures. what examples r they showing to those looking up to them. i think we really need to think deep b4 doing things so we don’t lead wrongly. any ways Zion will think of his parents as losers. cos winners never quit. They were supposed to work on them selves b4 marrying to avoid this. bt, we can’t change it lets jst pray they don’t make bigger onse

76. KK

January 11, 2010 at 1:15 am

what i don’t understand is why issue a press release?
    wtf, this is naija men!!
    go and sort out your personal problem and stop coping silly Hollywood.

77. Angela Johnson

January 11, 2010 at 5:16 am

@KK, you should be asking 9ice why he did the press release. His publicist did not do him any good for allowing him to do that.

78. Angela Johnson

January 11, 2010 at 5:22 am

@ Teejay, thanks for caring but Zion is in good hands and well taken care of by both parent. His life is going to be a good one in Jesus Name. Have seen kids with both parents together and those kids come out with screwed up life. Many single parents are raising excellent kids.

79. Angela Johnson

January 11, 2010 at 5:48 am

@ Bebe, yes they both agreed to separate may be to work things out later. As a woman you can only take and see so much. 9ice was not properly advised, he should not have done a press release. They’re begging Toni not to say anything to the press. She loves her husband and i don’t think she is going to stoop so low like this press release.

80. fesh

January 11, 2010 at 7:14 am

sad 🙁
    9ice and Toni i hope una go mend come back together oo…really sad development 🙁

81. weezle

January 11, 2010 at 9:39 am

I heard that 9ice left Toni for an older woman in Abuja. Is it true? Also, I heard that it was 9ice who did the press release. If true, then 9ice must be an idiot!

82. Lawunmi

January 11, 2010 at 9:50 am

Na wa ooo! On her blog, Toni used to shower a lot of praises on the guy as if na the best boyfriend/husband in the world. Seems the real truth is that the guy is a cheating bastard!

83. Daylight express

January 11, 2010 at 10:24 am

u can only say that because u r a lady,what if she was the cheating slut…

84. bridget

January 11, 2010 at 11:55 am

this i rily sad nd wat it simply means is dat d vow takin in d presence of God to stick together for better for worst is no longer takin seriously.

85. Asili

January 11, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Angela Johnson, are u Aunty Alero? Is that why you’re doing Voltron here? Abeg chill, Toni can defend herself, I’m sure. Stop saying God will bless you for this & that, are u Angel Gabriel?
    I say log off the internet & give Toni the support she needs now. Its not easy to pick up some man, clean him up & upgrade him, only for the ingrate to decide he can upgrade to higher than you.
    9ice is a small boy clearly & doesn’t know how to handle the small slice of fame he now has… Life has more lessons to teach him. Toni will hopefully learn from this experience too & continue to move on.

Sha when I see people marry for reasons other than love, I don’t even blame them anymore, because love can be ishtty too.

• Mister B

October 27, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Senseless Talk Asili – grow up!

86. SOC PIVOTGEEST MAG

January 11, 2010 at 12:19 pm

WHERE YA’ADUAH IS SICK & MISSIN? Y wld som1 wnt2 TOY on D inteligence of ovA 150 m Nigerians?our leaders r takin us4 a ride2 much…its a S.H.A.M.E,WE LIVE IN A CONTINENT WHERE ZUMA IS DANCIN ‘ALANTA’@D MARRIAGE RITE OF WIFE#5,,9ICE JUST DUMPED T.PAYNE,REBELS ATTACKD TOGO SOCCER TEAM IN ANGOLA.ASA RUMOURED ARREST4 DRUG IN GERMANY,MUTALAB BOXIN DAY STUPIDITY.OH!AFRICA,ITS TIME FOR SOBER REFLECTION…kilo DE?

87. duchess419

January 11, 2010 at 1:10 pm

First of all please abeg we no dey compare anyone to Tubaba, he is the worst of the whole lot, scattering his seeds everywhere, what rubbish. These two young and successful people were in love and in haste, they got married to have the baby in wedlock though they were dating for yonkers before that, i dotn really know what happened but all i can say is this, no woman gets into a marriage and has a baby and wants to leave, me i dey think 9ice was spreadign his niceties around o. But if i am wrong, no dey vex now, just my own opinion o

88. dare

January 11, 2010 at 2:01 pm

IT IS ALL OVER THE PLACE THAT HIS PR TEAM DID THE RELEASE. STOP BEING the idiot. They decided to break up, i dont see anything wrong in it. u heard he has an older woman in Abuja? what are you talking about? humans can just like to form tell tales on top of nothing . silly weezle

89. dare

January 11, 2010 at 2:05 pm

thank you.. just what i wanted to say.

90. Wallex

January 11, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Thanks daylight express for that prompt response to the judgemental comment of Lawunmi. Haba Lawunmi,why jump to conclusion without even a second taught?

91. Wallex

January 11, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Angela,thanks for that comment, i was raised by a single parent and i am doing fine in life. Let’s not start playing God by our comments. Who says it is only when the parents are together that a child lives a worthy life. Much as i would subscribe to separation or whatever name is given to it,nothing however points to the fact that single-parenting breeds bad kids.

92. Jenny

January 11, 2010 at 2:57 pm

What exactly are their problems. Are they considering God in their decisions at all, didn’t they promised each other”for better for worse till death do us part” b4 God and men? What worst differences or challenges is that that is worst than the ones they promised each other to”weather together till death”

93. Suzanna Efiok

January 11, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I think it has been said that those two were dating even before he became the 9Nice the Gongo Aso sensation so I don’t know why you would say they rushed into marriage, only they know where their hearts were placed when they decided to commit. There have been people who have dated for 10 years, got married and got a divorce a year later…and then, they have been those who got engaged within months of meeting one another and are still together years later so abeg, nobody fit determine wetin go happen in your own marriage or some else’s, na ONLY Papa God wey know the answer.

Secondly, I respect 9Nice for doing the right thing and committing to his woman before God and man even if it didn’t work out (and even that is not final until the i is dotted and the t is crossed at divorce court) more so than 2Baba who has what…5/6 children with three baby mamas OR Dbanj who was “looking for love” in Koko Mansion and probably sleeping with everything with two legs and a honey pot.

It is entirely possible for a man to have a successful career in entertainment AND still have a family life. One does not have to negate the other if the man and woman involved are smart enough to keep the public and media out of their home.

Are 9Nice, Dbanj and Tuface more razz than Charlie Boy…the man has been with his wife 30years but he is one of the most popular icons in the Nigerian music industry and a performer, producer, songwriter etc.

So abeg, make we dey tink tings through before throwing out comments about people’s lives whether they are celebs or not, they are still human beings.

And for the person saying that they should consider the public lest they lead wrongly, the public should lead themselves and stop putting their expectations on other HUMAN beings like themselves who happen to have the misfortune or the fortune of being famous. Live your life, make your own decisions and stop looking to how another leads their lives, it is NOT their jobs to lead you to do the right thing.

94. Favour

January 11, 2010 at 4:37 pm

i think is true cos of track 9 tradition 9ice new album

95. Anhen

January 11, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Jumaji i love ur comment, its hilarous, u called nincompoop ewucanbeer, keep it up u really got something upstairs.

96. leona

January 11, 2010 at 4:56 pm

if the marriage is not working is better to be out than pretend and start cheating, it is not a do or die affair when love is lost then it is time to move on, dont ever stay in a marriage out of sympathy.

97. beauty

January 11, 2010 at 5:03 pm

No more comment please

98. blackrose

January 11, 2010 at 6:13 pm

The press release looks like he copied it from E News. Too Hollywood.

99. tina

January 11, 2010 at 6:45 pm

in the peak of his career,they just hurried in to marriage.afer she don chop gonga aso! hit money finish.she wan go seperate ways.its for beta or worse o! didnt she know nice had lots of female admirers? i knew it wuld eventually come to this.

100. Chocoholic

January 11, 2010 at 7:21 pm

omg!! Seriously????? Do we still have dimwits like you in existence.?
    She is wowo yet very proper right??
    Please go and return your computer to whomever dashed you cos obviously you shouldnt be on it..

101. Elegi

January 11, 2010 at 7:50 pm

looking at the picture, 9ice didn’t even look comfortable. A sad story indeed, i sincerly wish them well at this difficult time.

102. Bigdee

January 12, 2010 at 3:38 am

Sometimes i ponder-why do people break-up?Break-up from research is often informed by 20% ‘wrong attribute’ in the union.Who know? this two might probably leave eachother and end up in another relationship that will poccess 80% wrong attribute.I beg 9ice and Payne try to ‘cool-out’ and talk these over.Much luv

103. KK

January 12, 2010 at 4:18 am

why?
    na we send dem to issue press release?

104. wale olooro gbogbo bigz boyz

January 12, 2010 at 7:09 am

u’re very correct on diz..it sounded more like an infidelity and lie issue from d song…may God help dem sha

105. Lola Bucknor

January 12, 2010 at 7:58 am

@ Tina, you sound so local and what do you know about them? You must not know Toni before “Gonga aso”(with your wrong spelling) i guess you must be one them(female admirers) when you chop your “Gonga aso” finish please let us know how it went.

106. wale olooro gbogbo bigz boyz

January 12, 2010 at 7:58 am

she don stay yankee well well..so divorce no be issue4her

107. rally

January 12, 2010 at 8:00 am

very sad, wish them the best

108. Lola Bucknor

January 12, 2010 at 8:04 am

@ Wale, you sound so ignorant. women in nigeria are suffering and smiling with 3 or more women sharing the same guy. what a shameful society.

109. Lola Bucknor

January 12, 2010 at 8:07 am

@ Duchess, that is exactly what happened. Fame can be dangerous to handle. He going to be like 2face very soon with different baby mamas..This is very sad.

110. lanre

January 12, 2010 at 8:08 am

i think its very evident dat dey were nt ready 4marriage b4 dey got married…cos jst afta 18mnths, spliting was d last thing dey shud av done

111. wale olooro gbogbo bigz boyz

January 12, 2010 at 8:10 am

we talking bout 9ice here not 9ja or africa issue..i bow4u oo

112. Angela Johnson

January 12, 2010 at 8:20 am

@ Asili, am not aunty Alero, i dont need to use fake name to communicate with people. am not wanted so there is no need to. please check my facebook wall under my name you will see my pics and friends. You sounding like you know Toni and how come you could not advise her if you are good friend to her? I met 9ice on his visits to Los Angeles and yes i know Toni and her friends. There is no need for people to pass insults at Toni or 9ice.

113. shyne

January 12, 2010 at 10:24 am

is it only nigeria,have you not read your bible well,u people will struggle to bear our name lol,but frankly speaking nice is taciturn guy,quite nice cos i have a good relationship with him,but they should apply the rules of marriage before they break up that is not the last option.sick and sad kai i fear celeb marriage oo

114. WALLLEX

January 12, 2010 at 11:11 am

@ Lola: Yes Shameful society. For as long you remain a Nigerian irrespective of whatever nationality you may have adopted, you remain part of that shameful society. We all are guilty of whatever it is that makes the society “shameful.’ Most of the population is impoverised and that renders some women to a level where they have no choice but to settle for the post of a second or third fiddle. Most of the women look for security under a man who can care for them and i wonder why that should be a problem for whoever could carry that responsibility responsibly. Do we because we have embraced what you call civilization to becloud our sense of judgement? Most of these successful poeple in Nigeria were from polygamous families. What the heck about someone marrying more than a wife. If it suits them,what’s our problem? Does that render the nation a shameless nation? Don’t insult our sensibility, please.

115. Sims

January 12, 2010 at 11:20 am

@ Lola Bucknor, you sound so aggressive, do u have to reply to everybodys comment

116. bcgeorge

January 12, 2010 at 11:45 am

and d beatz goes on and on….next plz..lol

117. Haleema Green

January 12, 2010 at 1:49 pm

hmmmmmmm…..towbarred

118. Laolu

January 12, 2010 at 1:52 pm

It’s another case of immaturity. Our so called celebrities are just babies. Marriage is not about a boy walking down the aisle with a girl.

119. gbekun

January 12, 2010 at 4:10 pm

hiah, oyibo! nwanne suba ya

120. gbekun

January 12, 2010 at 4:39 pm

exactly! dont mind the ewugabon. anumpama!

121. specialyankychic

January 12, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Take a close look at the wedding pix, he didnt look too excited. Anyway Tom and Jerry fight all day long but can’t live without each other.

122. pretty

January 12, 2010 at 6:03 pm

this is really sad.They are nt even up to 2yrs

123. FINEBOY

January 13, 2010 at 2:00 am

quite unfortunate.but then, the couples understands better. but always remember the past and dont allow ur firm and wealth to get in to ur head at any point of your life. one good turn deserves another.

124. Betty Omogbvoire

January 13, 2010 at 5:14 am

You people are so Nosy…Your country is in a political mess, you can’t locate your President,you are on Terror list,you have Niger Delta issue and you guys have time to judge other persons life,when you don’t even know where yours will end up…..You are the judge and the Jury….hmmmm!! Nigerians!

125. tele

January 13, 2010 at 9:31 am

they should both go for counselling with genuine men of God n pray if they really want to save their home,there is nothing impossible for God ,marriage is not abt publicity,but staying committed to the vows in good n bad time,this phase will pass by Gods grace…amen

126. boogsy

January 13, 2010 at 10:09 am

you sef why are you commenting?

127. Lola Bucknor

January 13, 2010 at 8:59 pm

@ Sims, aggressive? No!…Everbody’s comment? No! i don’t remember replying to yours. what’s your problem?

• clemby

October 23, 2013 at 11:58 am

@lola u be toni pa? why reply to every comment?

128. JEN

January 13, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Where is Yar Adua?

129. femi09

January 14, 2010 at 8:25 am

u guyz sud listen 9ice nu album ‘tradition’ track 9. 9ice caught Toni givin his bestfriend BJ…so wat wud u do if u were 9ice?

130. duchess419

January 14, 2010 at 12:05 pm

@Femi09, it’s a lie!!

131. Udegbunam Chukwudi

January 14, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Marriage ain’t beans and for now I sure have no plans of walking that route anytime soon. Relationships can be hard to keep going talk less of when a contract(marriage) comes into the picture.

I no blame Brangelina and Goldie Hawn-Kurt Russell!

132. Bola #1

January 14, 2010 at 5:08 pm

its a music track, it could be fiction or not, it could be referring to himself or anyone else. I’m not sure you can be sure of that statement, unless ure a close friend of the pair….

133. Teju

January 14, 2010 at 6:03 pm

wow, i refuse to believe stupid people like you exist, so the guy sings a song and automatically its about her, i guess we should read meaning into all his tracks. Its a song, so now you will tell me he drinks liquor with policemen abi, because according to 9ice he doesnt drink or smoke but he sure did sing about drinking liquor and smoking, besides i doubt he would be so dumb to sing about his wife in a negative way. all I have to say is GO BACK TO SCHOOL. you sounding very stupid right now. I read this on FB and sound like someone tryna sponsor the album with this bullshit, so you claim he sang the song and people get curious and go pick up the album, we get it. get a life because some of us actually went to school and are smarter than that.

134. oluwaloseyi

January 14, 2010 at 7:27 pm

na wa o………………..wen we’re nt in yankee where celebrity marriages don’t last.

135. muyiwa

January 15, 2010 at 6:47 am

yeah ,everyone should go and listen to track 9 “once bitten twice shy”of his new album ,the message in the song was directed to toni,so 9ice cannot be 100% blamed for this

136. muyiwa

January 15, 2010 at 6:48 am

yeah ,everyone should go and listen to track 9 “once bitten twice shy”the message in the song was directed to toni,so 9ice cannot be 100% blamed for this

137. Tj

January 15, 2010 at 9:01 am

So, so, so sad………………………………

138. PREYE

January 15, 2010 at 10:14 am

(I ALREADY POSTED THIS ON LINDA IKEJI’S BLOG) what’s with nigerian girls and getting pregnat before the wedding…then ppl go ahead and say they had done other things..toni was clearly about 5 months or more pregnant wen she married 9ice, now that has ended….adaeze igwe is also heavy and she is married to yobo…sultan’s wife was also pregnant and is married to him…my question is…WHAT WERE THE GIRLS WAITING FOR BEFORE THEY GOT PREGNANT….it is higly rubbish and unacceptable to be pregnant on ur wedding day…and because it is wrong…GOD curses such marriages that’s why there are always cracks…GIRLS SHUD MAKE BETTER CHOICES IN RELATIONSHIPS…GOD nigerian women have fallen in terms of class….AND FOR ALL OF U INSULTING ME…WHY DON’T U ADVICE UR SISTER OR UR FRIEND TO MARRY SOMEONE LIKE 9ICE…OR BETTER STILL ASK THEM TO BE 5 MONTHS PREGNANT ON THEIR WEDDING DAY WITH A BULGING STOMACH….FOR THE RECORDS TONI PAYNE IS UGLY….NOBODY CAN CONTEST THAT AND THAT IS MY OPINION…AND 9ICE IS AN ILLITERATE…THE ONLY PPL I FEEL BAD FOR IN SUCH MARRIAGES ARE THE CHILDREN…I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR PPL WHO KNOWINGLY MAKE MISTAKES HOPING TO CORRECT THEM AT A LATER TIME….

139. Teju

January 15, 2010 at 10:16 am

muyiwa, aka femi09 aka oladeinde fajana.. we have heard you. stop forcing it down our throats, we are too literate to believe you

140. PREYE

January 15, 2010 at 10:24 am

OF COURSE TONI PAYNE IS UGLY AND EVERYBODY KNOWS….U CAN BE proper and UGLY….MONEY OR LIVING ABROAD DOESN’T MAKE U BEAUTIFUL

141. Sylvia

January 15, 2010 at 10:28 am

marriage starts from friendship to love and matures to a point were two can become one,i still believe they can come to a compromise if they now allow God to take over,even in this thier’ desert ‘period.

142. Teju

January 15, 2010 at 10:31 am

nawa o, you sure are trying hard. lol. you sound desperate to have your propaganda heard that you feel the need repeat it over and over and over again. sounds malicious to me

143. Wiseman

January 15, 2010 at 2:03 pm

The separation is newsworthy, attracts gossip, buzz, scrutiny etc. They are a high profile couple that are constantly in the limelight. In addition, it was only on July 17th, 2008 that they tied the knot and millions saw their union as one to exemplify. Accordingly, if they indeed sought privacy, then the most logical thing to do, as many Hollywood celebrities have done, is to wait and be sure they are at an impasse i.e. filing for divorce before inviting the public and media into their private lives. Separation by its definition means we can still work it out, not so? The couple could have waited and be absolutely certain they can’t work things out before inviting the press and the public to their wedding and wasting that much money. They should go and sit back and think

144. Tirin

January 15, 2010 at 6:24 pm

this is all of a joke

145. luvlife

January 15, 2010 at 10:28 pm

ehh, WRONG!!! EPIC FALSEHOOD!! People may have troubles but not every marriage gets to the point where people want to go separate ways. Don’t make a flawed general statement next time!

146. Jumanji

January 16, 2010 at 6:03 am

that’s probably Abolore…yarning dust in disguise as Femi/Muyiaw/Fajana…LOL

147. cece

January 16, 2010 at 8:06 am

Their marriage was a suspect to me from the beginning. Seriously, how do you expect it to last when they both lived on two side of the world, and i felt like they both used each other. Marriage is a tough one, but it makes it tougher if you hubby or wife is always away. No matter how much you think, you can handle it, it’s very difficult. If 9ice is claimed to be a cheater, I’m sure she’s a cheater too, so they were both cheating on each other. People keep emphasizing that Toni got 9ice to where he is right now, obviously that couldn’t save their marriage, bcos it’s more than that. If someone is not happy inside, no superficial thing can solve it. I think people should stop looking at 9ice as the bad guy, or blaming him, bcos it takes two to tangle. Women can nag, be controlling, cheat, and break their own marriage, but people always automatically blame the guy. I hope they can both work their marriage out.

148. Bebe

January 16, 2010 at 8:45 pm

LOL! I did think the same thing! 🙂

149. Elle

January 16, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Angela, e be like say you be Toni Payne’s PA consultant the way you have been defending her.

150. deleizo

January 17, 2010 at 3:29 am

I totally agree with cece. It isn’t always the mans fault

151. WALE ADENIJI

January 17, 2010 at 5:31 am

Preye, i doubt if you read your bible very well. If you do, you will know that it is not charitable to judge others. By the way, who makes you a judge over other people? That seems to be the problem with us in this part of the world. We usually tend to show through our talks and behavior to be more Christian than the Pope or even Jesus Christ. You better stop judging others so that you won’t be judge too. We all make mistakes and you, as a person cannot lay claim tp perfection. So, stop hating and judging, please.

152. Damola Salami

January 17, 2010 at 10:27 am

what if this is all a marketing strategy? or probably a way to keep the relationship growing stronger + better if the people believe they broke up they’ll continue next thing you hear is she’s pregnant again then the media frenzy on the reduces as they would both live their lives inseparable away from the prying eye of the press.

153. English Teacher

January 18, 2010 at 2:09 pm

It’s ‘thought’ not ‘taught’! I’m sure you are 9ice…Its not by force to speak English, speak Yoruba! haba! una no go kill person for the site…Bella, WE NEED BULLET-PROOF screen protectors oh to browse this site!

154. idontlikepplthatdontmakesense

January 18, 2010 at 4:39 pm

‘its rather late than never’….meaning? abeg if you dont have a point, its not by force to leave a comment…talking rubbish! in anycase, with regards to ur other ‘points’, so they shud remain together by force even tho its not working? i suppose that wud hav a positive effect on baby zion abi?? *rolls eyes*

155. idontlikepplthatdontmakesense

January 18, 2010 at 5:09 pm

na wa oh! so someone this thick knows how to type? no be God?! ‘a whole Toni Payne’?! Who the h*ll is she? Ppl only know about her from blogville…she’s a NOBODY! Pls i’m tired of hearing ‘she polished him, upgraded him, blablabla’…why didnt she help herself first? why didnt she ‘clean’ herself first ehn? Bcos she lives in Cali,she’s posh abi? Infact, she’s even razzer than 9ice bcos after staying in the States for so long, she’s still as ‘razz’ as 9ice….she has a makeup line? who has seen it apart from pictures on her blog? abeg jo! Its bcos of 9ice she got publicity so shut up and log off! eleran boy looks abi? i suppose Toni Payne looks like Beyonce abi? Olodo!

156. Agony Aunt

January 19, 2010 at 12:26 am

TALES BY MOONLIGHT

Aunty Nkem: So children, that is the end of the story of Toni Payne and 9ice. What is the moral of this story?

Children: We have learnt that it takes more than sex, music, money and fame to make a marriage last.

Aunty Nkem: Well done children! I hope you will apply these lessons to your own lives and not make the same mistakes.

Children: Yes Aunty Nkem. We will make wise decisions with our lives.

Aunty Nkem: Good children. See you next Sunday for another episode of Tales by Moonlight!

157. Cassandra

January 20, 2010 at 3:00 am

Preye…..And who are you to judge others. Someone that sounds as spiteful and mean as you will be capable of more evil than getting pregnant before the wedding day. Its people like you that make people have abortions even when they are geting married.

What exactly does beauty or illiteracy have to do with the issue at stake. And if you knew the first thing about marriage you would know that the thing is not easy and even people that marry each other as virgins have problems and also break up.

That said, remove that fat log in your own eyes…

158. luvlife

January 20, 2010 at 6:13 am

laugh wan kill me die

159. Lola Bucknor

January 20, 2010 at 6:47 am

@Preye, please post your picture and let us do the judging between you and toni..I can bet you that she’s better looking than you. There must be something about you, you hate on Toni and call 9ice an illiterate. People like you always love to bring another human being down because of your Ugliness and your hate. I really love to see your picture if you are on facebook. Please make sure you don’t use another person’s pic be very honest and it does not matter if you are really ugly duckly, there is someone out there for you to date no matter how ugly you look. Don’t worry my dear your Ugliness is not your fault…Lol!! You need to stop hating Bitch!!

160. Sumbo Showemimo

January 20, 2010 at 6:55 am

@ Muyiwa, you must be Cabasa the producer. why do we Nigerians always jump into stupid conclusion without knowing the truth?

161. Sumbo Showemimo

January 20, 2010 at 7:04 am

@Teju, this dude called muyiwa must think we are stupid. The track was already completed way before their brake up..who is this muyiwa dude? the track has nothing to do with Toni..this Muyiwa dude must the PR for 9ice…lol!!

162. Favour

January 20, 2010 at 8:36 am

we dont need any aguemeent on this we can help them through our prayers.

163. jummy

January 20, 2010 at 5:30 pm

It is very obvious that 9ice is refering to toni in track 9 and i tink he sang the song so dat he doesnt recieve hit from pple. somtin like blaming the gal 1st. both of dem r sure guilty one way or the other.

164. jd

January 22, 2010 at 10:03 pm

u hit d nail on d head gan. for someone who has a make up line she always looks rough. that aside i hope they can work things out.

165. Kenny

January 24, 2010 at 9:01 pm

English Teacher, when you are very sure of your english, why end with pidgin. even wole soyinka is not perfect. since english is a stranger in our country here we are all learning. anyway back to the real issue, 9ice should learn to be a man cos a man is that person who can face any challenges or consequence that comes his way any moment of time or a particular period of time. 9ice and Toni pls take it easy not because of you but your son’s future.

166. Kenny

January 24, 2010 at 9:20 pm

All i want you all to know is that MARRIAGE IS AN INSTITUTION ONE CAN NEVER GRADUATE FROM. No matter how many years you date before marriage does not mean you know everything about the person. May God help them out. Preye i remember you told me you wanted to do this and i advised you against it. That you being ugly doesn’t mean you should intimidate others. U might wake up one day and realize God has change your face. So stop it.

167. Ladi

January 25, 2010 at 5:07 am

Tales by the moonlight!!! LOL, This comment is awesome funny joh!

168. Femi

February 4, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Since I have known Toni socially for over 10 years I can say she’s a nice girl despite her flaws but she was never ready for the challenges of marriage and could have chose her partner more wisely. For the sake of the child I hope they can put aside their differences and act like adults. Perhaps their challenges can make the couple grow up a little bit – there is more to life than fame and image.

169. jemide

February 5, 2010 at 8:49 am

pray tell wetin consine bella for the matta? Nigerians can try to patronize!! Jainsense!!

170. sey

February 6, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Once beaten twice shy, now I know where that came from. no doubt toni luv 9ice but it takes more than luv to be a wife. she is just too successful and too independent to be married to a local breed like 9ice. The man is the head, and no matter how successful the woman is,The man is always on top and give him that respect
    .if u doubt me listen to track 9

171. ibukun

February 17, 2010 at 1:49 pm

people are just talking shi about,no one knows what goes behind close door,just because he decided to split there must be a reason

172. Ifemosu majekodunmi

March 9, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Nothing is new in dis world,
    A ri’ ru eleyi ri a fi n deru ba oloro ni keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee……….
    9ice just take heart, try 2 be a man, i dey feel u ooooooooooooo.
    release the album between u and dagrin.

173. samuel olotu

March 9, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Well sher i saw your comment and i totally disagree with you about saying if is not working they should go there separate ways. His not suppose to be so. Are you telling that if you have a business and is on the brink of collapsing will you stand still and let collapse. Or you sacriice to bring it back to life. So please dont say they go there seperate ways. Marriage is more or else or commitment is sacred and that why is said for better for worse. Fine as for the people critizing them there such a fool. Will do not need to bring them down by condeming them but to encourage them. We are not perfect so we make mistake and our mistake makes makes us wiser. So all you out there shut your mouth and stop condenming.

174. sesan

March 15, 2010 at 8:38 pm

e cant tell mun nor dad, but e tld d world……………..hmm frm d lyrics of d song, i tink d wife cheated on him wit his frnd, “i saw u wit my two eyes givin my frnd headin” 9ice…..nt gud enough fr a wife!!!

175. ADESINA ADENIYI

March 28, 2010 at 11:36 am

Wel i dont hv much 2 say al i hv 2 say is dat. Dat is life 4 9ice he jst 2 move ahead wit life an thnk strt so 2 move ahead wit is life dere is alot of girls out dere waitin 2 be marryed 2 u ,

176. Dhikrullah

April 10, 2010 at 9:36 am

Life is a lesson for everyone to learn from…i hope the former couples have learnt theirs&the readers too.mine’s whatever you believe you can’t finish don’t start it esp. when aware of its bad consequences.

177. Abayomi abiolar

April 17, 2010 at 9:11 am

What ever the case may be,9ice and toni should try and forget the past so that they can move forward in life…please come together because of the future of the young handsome zion….i beg u both!!

178. Fresh Naija Boy

April 20, 2010 at 11:47 am

Dear Angela Johnson, like ur point of view and admire how u keepfully crafted your diss, poor Preye. Abeg, I checked FB for the name but unna be like 4000 wif d name….Like to know o, ours won’t be like Toni n 9ice.

179. olumide

April 27, 2010 at 2:59 pm

olapo meji how far with your woman

180. Olivia M

May 2, 2010 at 8:23 pm

lol..Jeez people una wan hug transformer because of two wey be two adult and made decison base on what is on the ground. [email protected] all the comment. SMH

181. johnny

May 13, 2010 at 4:08 pm

9ice wetin really happen between you and your wife…your wife na fine girl sha..try settle with her so dat someone nor go take her from you again ooh

182. Usman (Omo Ibadan )

June 2, 2010 at 7:07 pm

The Bible clearly stated and approved it in 1st Corinthians that when a man
    find his wife with Infidelity..he is due to give a letter of divorce.

183. oladoja

June 5, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Well……..i wish then best of luck , you don’t need to judge either HIM or SHE. May be destiny was meant to keep them together.

184. teniola williams

June 6, 2010 at 3:33 pm

9nice i am 100% available.

185. al-Mansour

July 22, 2010 at 9:27 am

Men…………..! It’s really unfortunately for someone like 9ice

186. Olayinka

July 22, 2010 at 9:33 am

Brother…….as they say that…nice people are not so lucky sometime,but guy you have 2 move on with ur life,am so sorry about it.

187. niky

November 21, 2010 at 1:13 pm

why cant some people just say something positive, sympatiz wit this couple or beta still jus shut their mouth dan critisizn them and calling names? the likes of ‘preye’, ‘Rachel’, ‘Faramade’, ‘LMAO’ are jus beefing unnecessarily, i can imagn how u guys so wished to be married to either of the couple(dependn on ur sex, but i am sure u all r female who wished 9ice was married to u instead of Toni), u people jus seized dis oppotunity to xpress ur fraustrations…. mind u, u guys r not beter of….

pls lets pray for this two to come back together for the sake of the little baby’s future, n stop critisizn them…!

188. kizzle

November 24, 2010 at 7:24 pm

see as plenty pple dey take medicine on top another person headache.na wa!

189. don

December 7, 2010 at 4:12 pm

i want them to get 2geda soon,i was there on there wedding day,and i feel happy for them.

190. Cletus

December 26, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Wat dat rugged man do is not gud infat 9ice hv paichent on him

191. edoh sunny

January 28, 2011 at 6:15 pm

happy life is d best

192. Remmy

January 31, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I dot care abt her educated bcos GOD wil never juge wit that.If she dat,she can never be bury wit her international pasport,and 4 her she is nt d 1st person dat wil ever go 2 yaki.Nice u ar men and i can do anytin 4 u.Just fold ur hand and b very prayerful and dot b playful.

193. ayoka

June 16, 2011 at 2:11 pm

i wish dem lucck

194. Chris

July 21, 2011 at 11:24 pm

I heard that 9ice is going to Toni’s Payne house this Sunday to beg her mother,for what reason?..if that should be the case,..9ice should not go to anywhere to beg anybody,bcos if he does that,he has redicle himself ,..for all what she has done to him so far,..so can he go to her house and beg her mother?…Fans please judge this…

195. fapetu mayowa

September 21, 2011 at 1:39 pm

lets pray for them

196. mr senator

September 23, 2011 at 7:41 pm

as for me dat is the best way for 9ice two reply

197. Shillo4real

January 6, 2012 at 5:19 pm

It not ok to separate but no option .ladies always have it in mind 4better 4 worst