News

Talk With Funmi visits the Irrepressible AJ City

BellaNaija.com

Ajegunle Funmi 1Funmi spends the day in Ajegunle talking with the people. A maligned area of Lagos, a startlingly high number of the nations top footballers and musicians grew up there. What is it about AJ City?

She hangs out with Marvelous Benji and the boys at Jahoha Studios, a local institution and finishing school for Aj musicians. They put on an impromptu performance and tell her all about the dances and musical styles that originated there.

Ajegunle Funmi 2Ajegunle Funmi 3
DSC_0096

1. dontbother

March 26, 2010 at 9:48 am

funmi, l love you….. God bless you as you keep telling the world about us…..

2. Alero

March 26, 2010 at 11:38 am

This is 1 woman I have a lot of respect 4.

3. sade

March 28, 2010 at 8:45 am

u are just too much, we cant get enof of your creativity and originality, keep up the good work. the Lord is ur strenght.

4. oluwaseun

March 30, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Aunty Funmi, your spirit of getting it done is a boost. U go GIRL!

5. ThePoet

March 30, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Aww Miss. Funmi, keep doing it gurl! We boys here support u Ms. Hunty. Plus that weave is giving me life! WERK!!

6. Remi Olofinjana (mrs)

November 26, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Hi Funmi,
    I was a dedicated follower of New Dawn on 10. When Talk Wit Funmi came on board i told myself am going to get addicted again but i have not been able to follow up on your programme. Kindly, send me details of the stations where i can start enjoying Talk with Funmi.

7. olawale

August 2, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Aunty Funmi,am short of words,i have been following your programme(new dawn) right from the beginning and hav never remain the same.You thought me alot,i understand what am talking about,Aunty you are a Blessing to me and you will always be a blessing to our Generation in Jesus Name.Your words of encouragement kept me going and i pray it will never depart from me.Sencerely,i must convest,U really motivated that i can do it and have gotten hold of it.I hav been hustling and sponsoring myself right from my 100level,am now in 4oolevel and i need some money to complete my academics pursuit(my project)Am studying ECONOMICS.I will be highly elated if you can help me Aunty Funmi.tanx