News

Introducing the Farafina Book Club Program

BellaNaija.com

Have you ever read a great book and wished you could talk to someone about it? Or maybe you’ve thought about starting a book club before? We’ve got news for you!

If you or anyone you know are interested in putting together a Book Club, or if you already run a book club, then we’re pleased to announce Farafina’s Book Club Program. Farafina is proud to work with and encourage different book clubs across the country. As a registered affiliate in the Farafina Book Club Program, Farafina will offer your members 10% off any of our titles that you chose and the official coordinator will receive a complimentary copy of the selected title. Your book club will also receive alerts on Farafina events, special offers and discounts on books, and invites to some of our special programs when available.

To receive these benefits and more, all you have to do is formally register your Book Club with us by providing your book club name, location (s) where you generally meet, frequency of meeting, how many members you have, and the names and email addresses of your members. Once you send your information to bookclub @ kachifo.com, Farafina will send you a catalogue of our books so you can get started!

You can also go on the Farafina Books blog at http://farafinabooks.wordpress.com to find out more about the program.

1. Bibi

April 28, 2010 at 9:41 pm

This is a great idea!

And FINALLY! BellaNaija now loads quickly!

2. bebe

April 28, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Bella, please where can i buy books by naija authors in nigeria.
    Was able to get them on amazon when i was in jd, but now…it’s so difficult.

Likes of Abidemi Sanusi, chimamanda etc. Only the ones with christian undertones are available at laterna

3. D.O.T.M.H.

April 29, 2010 at 3:12 am

hi bebe! I’m not bella and I’m not in Naij at the moment but when I was I got my Nigerian novels at silverbird galleria. the bookstore there stocks a lot of Nigerian and African novels.

4. fokasibe

April 29, 2010 at 7:18 am

Farafina already owes me from subscriptions from their mag they didn’t deliver on so I think I’ll pass on this one!!

5. meagain

April 29, 2010 at 9:28 am

u can get books at terra kulture on tiamiyu savage in VI, Quintessence on Awolowo road Ikoyi, Jazzhole on awolowo road ikoyi and bookshops at silverbird and palls shopping malls

6. afrochic

April 29, 2010 at 9:51 am

@ bebe, u can get these books from Quintessence & Jazzhole at the Falomo Shopping complex. Also check Glendora on Awolowo Way, Ikoyi

7. bebe

April 29, 2010 at 10:57 am

@D.O.T.M.H: I apologize for thinking you were Bella. No name was listed for the person who posted this article. I’ll check all the places suggested.
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions/recommendations… 🙂

8. MissLC

April 29, 2010 at 12:59 pm

OOOOO dis is really nice…i always want to discuss novels

9. nnamdi oke

April 29, 2010 at 1:50 pm

you can also get the books from mega plaza, Nars supermarket,
    karimu kotun street, vI. I know Cassava Republic publish a lot of
    interesting novel from African Authors. They also deliver books
    to your door step.

10. Rebecca

April 29, 2010 at 4:52 pm

I am so happy bella is featuring this on her page, I reckon our society have a very low reading culture, which is why i get very excited at things like this.

If anyone wants to join a book club in abuja pls contact me on [email protected]. i love reading am very excited at this opportunity of a bookclub.

11. Farafina Books

May 7, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Anyone looking for information on any Farafina titles can simply send an email to info @ kachifo.com. We publish African authors like Sefi Attah, Chris Abani, Ngugi Wa Thiong’o, Ben Okri amongst others. You can get our books through any of the shops already listed or through the email above and we’ll gladly deliver to you!

@fokasibe – so sorry to hear about your experience and apologize for any inconvenience. Could you please email info @ kachifo .com and give them your details so that you can either get a refund or have your editions sent to you. Please be aware that we no longer print the Farafina Magazine. Again, we apologize for the error.

12. supo owodunni

January 11, 2011 at 10:54 am

Hi, I run an outfit that specialises in making creative products for children. Presently, we have a children’s book club called the Young Book Readers Society of Nigeria. We would like a collaboration with Farafina. Pls look us up on facebook/broadsmiles. Cheers.

13. gerry

October 9, 2015 at 8:49 pm

How do I join ur book club. I really don’t know where to begin