News

“I Feel Like I’m among Family” – Veteran African-American Actress, Sheryl Lee Ralph is Genevieve Mag’s July CoverGirl

BellaNaija.com

The July 2010 issue of Genevieve Magazine features Sheryl Lee Ralph on the cover. Dreamgirls and Moesha star actress, Sheryl Lee Ralph talks about coming to Nigeria, the déjà vu experience, the Lagos Black Heritage Festival, career and much more. The issue also includes an interesting ‘real life’ story on a lady who was “bewitched into marriage” – we are intrigued! Also, Journalist, Azuka Ogujiuba shares her dramatic weight loss story.

Pick up your issue on newsstands (and in traffic) today.

1. fokasibe

July 14, 2010 at 9:19 am

Interesting!! May buy it today then………

2. joicee

July 14, 2010 at 10:56 am

Awww..I love Sheryl lee Ralph
    [email protected] Pick up your issue on newsstands (and in traffic) today.

3. Lamide A.

July 14, 2010 at 12:36 pm

She’s gorgeous! (And my Soror – gotta claim her abi, lol?)

4. babylawyer

July 14, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Is there anyway we can get this magazine in the states? I’m running out of people coming this way

5. Q

July 14, 2010 at 2:06 pm

beautiful is an understatement & in that iro & buba combo,she looks delightful!!

6. Bola

July 14, 2010 at 5:54 pm

beautiful

7. adenike

July 14, 2010 at 6:27 pm

She looks gorgeous in the iro and buba. Who tied that gele? Waoooh!

8. MIssy

July 14, 2010 at 8:16 pm

She is beautiful. I love the color combination of that gele.

9. Abeni Ebony

July 14, 2010 at 8:47 pm

this lady has jamaican upbringing..her mother is ja and her dad american..she was raised in both places..

10. Ujubaby

July 14, 2010 at 9:45 pm

O my gosh, she’s so beautiful, the clothes really fit her, wow wow wow!

11. Ujubaby

July 14, 2010 at 9:46 pm

I now remember where I saw her, Moesha and she was Lauryn Hill’s mom in Sister’s Act II

12. Sugabelly

July 15, 2010 at 12:18 am

I think she’s really really pretty and talented, and I think it’s awesome they put her in Nigerian clothes.. but still, Genevieve is a Nigerian magazine, and the cover should have gone to a Nigerian celebrity, model, or star. Not saying it’s not great that they did an interview with her, and I’m definitely going to read it, but they could have kept her interview inside while giving the cover to a Nigerian… just saying.

13. ......

July 15, 2010 at 2:08 am

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek….i told a friend who was coming to get me genevieve and flair….and now i am upset that it is a a non nigerian on the cover…i get enough of Akata people on magazine covers here….am sure others will enjoy sa…me i am just 🙁

14. Olivia M

July 15, 2010 at 4:01 am

She is truly an African woman..Love the native..

15. glory

July 15, 2010 at 12:02 pm

She is beautiful dat shows dat we have. Beauty in africa. Luv her

16. wow

July 16, 2010 at 2:29 am

na wa o…with all the Nigerians that are yet to be celebrated they dash magazine cover to this one…SMH….

17. Qees

July 16, 2010 at 8:22 am

sugabella and Wow .. Nigerian Model, celebrity etc… i think anyone worth celebrated should be on the cover even if he or she is complete Musungu( Oyinbo)

18. philbaby

July 18, 2010 at 5:30 pm

July edition is yet to come to abuja, my vendor said is not yet available, but iam disappionted that is not a nigerian ie. in the cover, please pick a nigerian role model for your cover, I love your magazine alot, the stories are touching, i always have sleepless night whenever i got it. Good work.