News

Here Come the Yummy Mummys! Louise Priddy on the cover of FabPregnancy Mag | Omoni Oboli & her sons for Motherhood InStyle Magazine

BellaNaija.com

FabPregnancy and Parenting Magazine is a Nigerian lifestyle family magazine focusing on infertility, pregnancy, Nursing, parenting, children, fashion & lots more. The new edition features Fabulous Louise Priddy-Bou Harb , the beautiful owner of Bacchus Night Club, who also runs six Degree North Bar and Posh Café. Louise shared her pregnancy experience and the most interesting part of being pregnant. Since the cover was shot, Louise has given birth to a cute baby boy.

Other topics covered in this issue of the magazine include Ways to Manage Foot and Ankle Swellings in Pregnancy, Speech and Language Development in early childhood years and Parenting Skills and discipline Ideas.

FabPregnancy and parenting Magazine will be organizing the first of its kind Mother & Child Expo tagged “African Mother and Child Expo”. There will be lots of activities including Mum in Business Forum, Career Mothers Forum and Baby Crawling Contest. Visit www.africanmotherandchildexpo.com for more details.

Another yummy mummy is Nollywood star, Omoni Oboli. She appeared on the cover of Motherhood InStyle Magazine with her 3 handsome sons. Very cute!

1. JPrat

July 20, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Yes…this is really lovely. We need more of this…and less of the wig heads.

2. DUDU

July 20, 2010 at 1:17 pm

The guys in charge of the photos of Omoni Oboli for motherhood in Style need to get a cue from Elan’s
    Omotola Jalade version – http://www.bellanaija.com/2010/03/31/explore-omotolas-uber-fab-elan-magazine-spread-view-the-official-video-for-feel-alright/

There was a lovely cuddly connection in all the photo’s, that gave me the aaaaaaaaaaaaww feeling. This just looks like Omoni’s disconnected from her children, which I’m sure is definitely not the case.
    It’s just a suggestion o! Not criticizing at all. Lol!!

• Miss face

December 11, 2010 at 8:40 pm

If you only knew how hard it is to get just one good shot when kids are involved especially when they become tired and cranky,dont think u would have posted this comment.This apparently was the best shot and am sure the photographer would have askd them to carry out a number of poses.

3. RMG

July 20, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Gosh,look at how FABULOUS Omoni looks for a mother of 3.I still wonder why she’s not featured as the hottest nollywood mama.i’m sooooooo impressed.(i wonder when she started giving birth cos she looks just too good)Congrats to Louise on the birth of her son!

4. fokasibe

July 20, 2010 at 1:36 pm

You are on point wiv yr criticism dudu! Don’t get the mother- children feel from the photo!

5. Ibo Omoge

July 20, 2010 at 2:09 pm

These people should proof read oooo!! Ah ah? Even on a magazine cover with the letters as bold as my head? Mistakes like these are a real turn off. What is “The very fabulous Louise Priddy why she loves being pregnant.”? Punctuation marks are used for a reason. Either use a semicolon after the word “Priddy” to disambiguate your sentence or use a Preposition word to show the relationship in the sentence. Please no one should dare munch me and say it’s not a big deal, cos it is. This is not the first magazine I’m seeing this problem; and I’m talking about top magazines in Naija, not the likes of HINTS and CITY PEOPLE. It’s pardonable to make mistakes somewhere in the content but not on the cover. It’s high time Naija publishers start taking their business and readers seriously. It’s not only about gracing the covers with pretty pictures. Some of us do take time to read through the magazine. N700 is not beans.

6. Ibo Omoge

July 20, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I agree with DUDU. There could have being more interaction between mother and kids. Nonetheless, she and her kids are gorgeous. I wanna be like her when I “born” 3 pikins 🙂

7. oyinlola

July 20, 2010 at 2:26 pm

yeah!!!! another english lecture.just read and enjoy.

8. just saying...

July 20, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I agree with Ibo Omoge. I also spotted the mistake & it’s very off-putting. Oh & yes 700 naira is defo not beans!

9. Ibo Omoge

July 20, 2010 at 3:34 pm

@Oyinlola. My bad. Pardon me for not celebrating mediocrity.

10. Re:Oyinlola

July 20, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Oyinlola, you are clearly used to reading mediocre magazines. Fortunately, others are not, that is why they can spot a grammatical blunder miles away . Ain’t nothing wrong with suggesting that a magazine should at least get their punctuations right. If we want to compete internationally, we need to have an eye for these things.Then and only then will the world take us seriously. Even on the local level sef.
    For the magazine to be featured on Bella Naija it is assumed that it is a top magazine, as only the best is featured here – Big ups Bella
    Next time if you have no value added contribution to make, just read the article and bugger off.

Ibo Omoge, great job at spotting that error.

11. MiZ Attitude

July 20, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Ibo Omoge thanks for spotting that error. When a mag looks tacky from afar it’s little details like this that add up to that tackiness. Nigerian mags need to up their game seriously. it’s not okay to have errors anywhere on a mag.

12. Autoprincess

July 20, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I think Omoni looks great with her kids on the cover. I have a son and I know how daunting it is to get children to ‘pose’ for a single snapshot not to talk of going thru a whole session. Some of them just dont like to take photographs…Kudos to whosoever the photographer is!!!

13. adenike

July 20, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Louise Priddy is amazing. She made me develop this interest in club running cos
    she does it very well. She’s a no-nonsense woman and I’m happy she’s expecting.
    Omoni Oboli;I’m still shocked honestly! Didn’t even know she had more than 1 child let alone 3 boys! The musketeers……lol…

14. FumFum

July 20, 2010 at 5:16 pm

People need to remember that during photo shoots they have to follow directions. so if there is anyone to blame about the lack of interaction between mother and children it should be the photographer. Anyway Omoni’s children are gorgeous.

15. Bola

July 20, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Omoni’s kids are cute, and she looks good!

As for the critique, it has to be said for there to be improvement. DUDU said it well without being insulting

16. Bola

July 20, 2010 at 5:49 pm

ok o, one more comment abeg

Louise Priddy and Duchess Freda’s new line of business, i dont really get it.
    From the little I saw, it doesn’t seem to be sustainable but anyways I trust these ladies are on top of their game

17. THE AMAKA

July 20, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Omoni’s boys are so cute. they’re gonna grow up to be some handsome men.

18. Ujubaby

July 20, 2010 at 6:36 pm

I love dis Omoni girl!

19. Myne Whitman

July 20, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Great pics, Loise and her belly esp.

20. Tolani

July 20, 2010 at 11:30 pm

I have a copy of the FabPregnancy magazine that has Louise on the cover , the
    error is not on the printed copy, i guess they made a mistake giving Bella the
    unedited cover. I had to recheck when i saw Ibo Omoges post. The magazine is
    quiet interesting though but they should always doublecheck before posting on this our site.

21. Pearls

July 21, 2010 at 12:18 am

I bought a copy at the airport last week , I was surprised when I saw this error on Bella Naija, it wasn’t on the copy I bought, cos I was glued to it all through the long journey , the articles are very nice and I was very impressed with the quality as well. I think they posted the unedited copy on Bella Naija, They should be more careful next time. Louise looked really amazing in the pictures and she was eight months gone according to the magazine, I am just 5 months pregnant and my nose is like triple the usual size. Omoni is smoking Hot o I want to be like her when I grow up.

22. Olivia

July 21, 2010 at 2:28 am

@ Ibo Omoge…totally agree with you. That was the first thing I noticed. I guess the publishing world really shows the decay in the educational sector.
    BTW, Omoni looks gorgeous and fresh and I think the seeming disconnect is more the photograher/ director’s fault than hers. I love that motherhood/pregnancy is becoming a more open subject. We don dey try sha…lol @ ‘best positions during pregnancy’…

23. Taraji

July 21, 2010 at 6:50 am

Omoni & the boys look fabulous. Just that there’s another error on the cover “Loose that extra baggage!” Hello, does this magazine have an EDITOR??? Lose is the correct word here. Ibo Omoge, I agree with you totally!!!

24. obi

July 21, 2010 at 12:32 pm

@DUDDU, ONE OF D KIDS WASNT OMOTOLAS OWN

25. zusi

July 21, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Loiuse sure looks fab with her baby bump.. Thumbs up Omoli… U got such great body…

26. BellaNaija.com

BellaNaija.com

July 21, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Thanks for your feedback.
    The magazine sent us an updated version of their cover.
    Regards,
    BN Team

BTW, our comments box is being worked on. An improved version should debut next week.

27. Ibo Omoge

July 21, 2010 at 3:07 pm

LOL @ Taraji. My dear, you needed to have seen the shock on my face. As I was recovering from the FabPregnancy error, the one on the Motherhood magazine hit me like a brick. I just decided to keep my mouth shut for the sake of world peace. *evil grin*

@ FabPregnancy, it’s good to know the corrected copy was printed.
    @ BellaNaija, thanks for getting on the case immediately and handling it professionally. Ah ah? Una no dey slack.

28. Bee square

July 21, 2010 at 10:21 pm

wow! Louise u look so fabulous… wish i could look dis good wen i’m
    pregnant/almost due. @ fabpregnancy, beautiful cover!, good concept…
    looking forward to the next edition.

29. Pearls

July 22, 2010 at 7:44 am

Everytime i see Louise on the cover of this pregnancy magazine, one thing comes to mind,
    “Bad girl turn good” pardon me for this, you know been a night club owner etc we
    Nigerians just have a way of judging people from afar especially when it comes to
    this Nightclub thing, see i have been to Bacchus like a million times in my Unilag
    Days ,so when i read her interview on Fabpregnancy i fell in love with her the more
    knowing a club owner can actually become a mother to be celebrated. I love you more
    Louise.

30. Taraji

July 22, 2010 at 3:10 pm

@Ibo: LOL, LOL, LOL. Trust the covers were corrected. Isn’t it nice to have made a positive change? Good day!

31. Ivory

July 22, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Hey Ibo,i guess a critic should be up and doing. Dishing bad ass english is bad for your credit. You go back and spot your error,actually the first comment…’it is high time…start…?’ That’s quite queer…how about started,huh?

32. Ibo Omoge

July 23, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Ivory, nicely spotted. You got me there. Innocent mistake. At least I didn’t charge N100 for you to read my post. But if I wanted to, I know I can always find people like you to proofread it before taking any action…right?…Hey Ivory, let’s play a game of “Did you know?”.

In your sentence, “Hey Ibo,i guess…”, did you know that the personal pronoun “I” is always written in capital letters even when preceded by a comma?

Did you know that “You go back and spot your error” is bad grammar?…it really is. It just sounds right because it’s a common error.

Did you also know that “That’s quite queer…how about started,huh?” should read “That’s queer…how about “started”, huh?”.

I bet you didn’t…oh well…at least you didn’t charge me N1000 to read your post. Okay, let’s call a truce. If you forgive me for saying “start” instead of “started”, I’ll forgive you for practically murdering the English language in your post. How about that? *smiley face*…and oh!, learn to use the Space Bar on your keyboard.

• kekeli

June 2, 2011 at 5:01 pm

@ Ibo Omoge, hahahhahha…hohohohoh…hehehehhe, I love the post on BellaNaija

33. Bose

October 26, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Omoni looks fabulous!!! Seriously, did she start having kids at 12? Maybe she adopted the kids. I have seen her in real life and she looked even better. I so want to be like her when I have my own

34. hopeyedove

June 15, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Omoni is a fab actress and fashionista and this picture with her sons just blows my mind away!mwwah!