News

Vacancies Available For ‘Kept-Woman’ Wannabes

I mean seriously, in this town, who wouldn’t wanna be a ‘Kept Woman’?!!

The weather is HOT; the traffic is like an aggrieved debtor who harasses you everywhere you go demanding payback!! The market (whichever one you find yourself) is tight and competitive, leaving the chances of survival open only to the glamorous and fit.

Receiving the opportunity to be a ‘Kept Woman’ in Lagos is almost the same as having your number called out on the Lotto!! It is the way out for many a starving or just merely ‘long-throat for bigger things they can’t afford’ girl’s problems.

So the same way you see tons of hopefuls queuing up outside the local Lotto kiosk, is metaphorically the way thousands (or millions) of young Nigerian girls mentally, physically and spiritually queue up in the long line of prospective ‘Kept Women’.

The race for being a ‘Kept Woman’ is tight mehn…and girls are not smiling at all!! Real life statistics have shown that the very light-skinned, human hair reaching down to the waist females are more likely to attract the Keepers than any other physical demographic.

This is not to say that every single light-skinned, long human hair wearing female you see is a ‘Kept Woman’ or ‘Kept Woman Wannabe’, but it’s actually more the rule than the exception.

So every other day, Hair Stylists, Bleaching cream practitioners and the New generation pimps are besieged with endless strings of girls looking to become the standard ‘Kept Woman’ prospect, or to be connected with a potential Keeper.

A few weeks ago, I met one of them.

She is almost ‘oyinbo’ in complexion; achieved quite obviously (as seen under very bright light) with the help of certain bleaching creams. The hair cascaded down her back, curled in the way only 8hours (or more) of Bendy rollers can achieve, with her Flamboyant style leaning heavily toward making a lewd statement through her outfit.

We got talking, and then I asked the inevitable question: “What do you do?”

Pause. Then smile and enter into baby-doll position.

“Well, I used to work in an Agency before, but now I want to be a DIVA!!”

The laughter erupted from my belly before I could even think of restraining myself. Then I went further into being a nuisance by blurting out to her: “I hope you have a tight Retirement Plan cos that’s a FULL time job!!”

Thank goodness, she didn’t get the joke.

Diva is used inter-changeably with the term ‘Kept-Woman’ in urban Lagos lingo, so what my acquaintance was saying in essence, was that her ambition is to be a Full-blown ‘Kept-Woman’!! Enough of all the small-time play she’d been doing on the side; now she is ready to go fully into the Business for a TAKEOVER!!!

As hilarious as my acquaintance’s ambition was to me, I couldn’t help feeling a little sorry for her. She is a very likeable person, who somewhere deep inside her I know has genuinely good intentions, but has just been misled.

I believe in people taking the best steps in whatever choices they make in life, whether I consider those choices to be positive or negative. I realize the level of naivety that is present in many ‘Kept-Woman’ Wannabes and so felt compelled to write this article as a sorta guide to them on the different opportunities available for prospective ‘Kept-Women’ here in Lagos.

I mean the least I can do is to help them shine their eye well-well as they enter into this cutthroat world of DIVAS.

So here are the different levels and opportunities available for ‘Kept-Women’ in Lagos; I have divided them into the ‘Above-the-line’ and ‘Below-the-line’ levels:

Above-the-Line

Full-time Mistress: This is actually the dream of most ‘Kept-Woman’ wannabes (maybe the very smart ones), and it’s very straight-forward. An extremely wealthy, married guy selects you from the tons of women he has available at his disposal, and establishes YOU as his sole Mistress. He might have other chics on the side of course, but there is no contention of the fact that the only person that has anything above you is the ‘Mrs’.  You will be established in a house or apartment, possibly given a Chef or any other range of servants you want, a huge, steady allowance and a luxury car (and driver). You will be known and respected among his immediate circle of friends as being his No. 1. He may even take the liberty of going out with you in public sometimes, and at those times, you’d probably even forget that you’re not the ‘Mrs’. It would not be unusual for him to want children from you; he will be that into you. However, the children will NEVER share the benefits of the children from the ‘Mrs’. They will NEVER be on the front page of the glossy magazine with him, when he is being celebrated as a ‘Model Nigerian’. They possibly wouldn’t get a mention in his will, as well as you. You will always be a shadow; alive only for the meeting of the needs of your Keeper. No matter how successful you are in whatever you choose to do (should you choose to pursue a career); the stigma of being a Mistress would always follow you. All desires to one day have a family of your own, in which you do not need to hide or be ashamed of who you are, will gradually ebb out of your heart, until being a Mistress is eventually all you can ever aspire yourself to be.

Part-Time Mistress: The part-timeness of this level is on the part of your Keeper and not on your part. He has tons (or a handful) of Mistresses possibly even in the same city. You will be just one of them. He probably has a set Budget he has established for the ‘setting-up’ of each of them, and so when he decides to extol upon you the benefit of being one of his Mistresses, he’ll just set you up as he has done for everyone before you. You’ll have the nice apartment, car, staff and also an income, but don’t expect him to go out holding your hand in public. He comes to you whenever he wants and leaves whenever he wants. You’ll probably even have a day that you and everyone around you have marked ‘His Day’, and so no matter what comes up on that day, you have got to make yourself available for him. You will be very aware that your Keeper has other ‘Kept-Women’ like you, so you’d ALWAYS have to keep your game tight, to make sure he doesn’t get bored with you and drop you off like a fly. You’d also need to be aware that his darting eyes are always on the look-out for the next Wannabe he can add to his fleet, so my advice to you is to acquire all you can while his attention is focused on you, so you don’t become a sad story when he does meet the new acquisition. He most likely will be very possessive and would FLIP if you as much as looked at another man, so any under-G you might want to do while you are with him would have to be extremely coded.

Below-the –Line

All-Rounder: In this instance, you are a ‘Kept-Woman’ for not one, but a number of Keepers. You can call them whenever you want; to have your needs met. If you need an apartment for example, except you’re really fortunate, don’t expect that you’ll get all the money from ONE of them. You’ll probably need to service as many as you have, to gather the money for your apartment. Your upkeep will also be as a result of the generous donations of your Keepers. All your Keepers would know that they are all part-time Chairmen on your Board, so in their minds they know you are asking the others for whatever it is you’re asking them for, and so will give you accordingly. You will be constantly tired, stressed-out and weak…I mean meeting the sexual demands of more than two men at the same time would cripple even Wonder Woman, so I would advise you enroll in a Gym, to boost your prowess.  You also always have to be on the look-out for new Keepers, because you have no assurance that any of the current ones will pick up your phone call the next day.

Available Ass-et: In this case, you no dey look face!! You are available to anyone that can afford your Baseline. So you’ll have to set a Base-line for yourself (a price that you can’t go beneath), and so any prospective Keeper that you give the initial checking-out, and doesn’t look like he can meet your Base-line, you don’t even bother yourself with. Depending on how tight your game is, you might end up living even better than the Above-the-Liners, but I’ll advise that you maximize your ‘Glory days’ as much as you can, because nature sure has a way of running its course. Over time, sex with you will be less exciting, due to the amount of partners you have. Your Keepers would spot this right away, and for them, what would be the point? The wear and tear will also begin to show on your face, skin and life’s perspectives eventually, and sooner than later, you definitely would have to consider Plastic Surgery or something. So gather all you can during your ‘Glory Days’ so that you can use the funds generated to create for yourself a new Era. That way you’d NEVER run out of business.

Wow!! This has been a long one! I hope I’ve been very helpful in shedding light on the different opportunities available to you in your quest to be a DIVA. Everything I have shared is rooted in true-life experiences of people who were once as naïve as you are, but have now given their quota in one or all of the different levels we have talked about.

I wish you all the best in your Career…I hope to hear your story soon.

Photo Credit: http://www.vcreporter.com

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Tari’s blog is www.tariere.blogspot.com OR follow TariEkiyor on Twitter

Tari Ekiyor is a Writer, Friend, Sister, Daughter, Servant, Leader, and most importantly, a Lover.

1. sexxie

August 4, 2010 at 9:00 am

Omg!!! Dis is some serious schooling!

2. Tomisin

August 4, 2010 at 9:02 am

LMAO!!!!! he he he he he i know one aspirant, and as a good friend would print
    out dis page for her!!! Go Go Go Tari.. you are a woman after my own heart

3. omogekofo

August 4, 2010 at 9:15 am

nice piece……do i wana b a kept woman? nah.

4. nonye

August 4, 2010 at 9:16 am

this is a rather sick article! am sorry Tari! I dont quite get your point!

5. THE AMAKA

August 4, 2010 at 9:31 am

ok, Tari…i know this write up was inspired by your besties you hang out with.
    i mean they have been in this DIVA business from Uni-lag days, (am not
    sure if they even graduated). i wont mention names..u have their pictures on
    your blog. re-direct your advice to them plzzzzzzzz.

Ps; did i add that they should cool down on the bleaching too?…ooops!!

6. lola

August 4, 2010 at 9:47 am

Damn Tari!

7. deevagal

August 4, 2010 at 9:50 am

Yay!!! First to comment!
    anyway, as beyonce sed, a diva is a female version of a hustler… So if she wanna be a diva, she wanna hustle mehn! Life is hard… Nuff said!

8. B!cious

August 4, 2010 at 10:21 am

Lols…..Very true of Girls this days, I have few friends like that,but its not always what it seems and the grass is never greener on their side. After all thats in few years they will now be running after Young men to marry.

9. Netty

August 4, 2010 at 10:39 am

Interesting read…I guess being a “kept woman” has its perks but seriously why be no2.2 in a man’s life when there is a possibility of being no.1? Why go for Silver or Bronze, when you deserve Gold???

I definitely would not want to be a kept-woman when I am not no. 1

10. BKNY

August 4, 2010 at 10:43 am

9ce 1 for the wannbees…………..God help u thru..Diva my foot

11. Eno

August 4, 2010 at 10:51 am

can’t stop laughing!
    there might as well be a manual.
    Lol!

12. carol

August 4, 2010 at 11:30 am

wellll to each their own.its a fantastic piece.. however no one will believe the below the line ones untill it happens to them.now that theyve read that there is a posibility of above the line they certainly will indulge in it.all in all an excellent write up. well done

13. mia

August 4, 2010 at 11:34 am

Wow!!!!!!
    This is a niece piece, very well said. I hope the so called “DIVAS” read this.
    Kudos Tari

14. above alone and not beneath

August 4, 2010 at 11:42 am

LOOLLL!!! The pain of being a diva! I don’t mind sha. From this post I can see that I’m above the line, makes me feel even happier. I’m gathering as much as I can right now cos I know nothing lasts forever. Thanks for the article Tari.
    ps… First to comment (yayyyyyyy!!!!)

15. notaplayahater

August 4, 2010 at 11:43 am

Oh-me-gosh!!!!! lolz. i love the fact that you did a thorough analysis of all these. I am a NATURALLY light skinned beauty(yeah,and datz not just me talking) with bra-length hair (which i just shaved off coz of the rigours of pregnancy) and am certainly one of the exceptions. First of all, i’m too independent minded to be anyone’s kept woman. Hello!!!! I’m a Mrs bcos hubby knows and appreciates that he has all he’ll ever need (a lady in the streets and a freak in the sheets) so why bother looking out? and if he ever gets the thought, he knows i can get the thought too! Whatz good for the goose is certainly good for this chikadee! So i believe for anyone to actually want to be kept by a Kept man,(yeah,bliv it or not, his wife IS keeping him or he’d’ve left for you) your self esteem must be looooooooower than low! work on it DIVA. ok, enough with the rant. Gotta concentrate on the pedicure hubby’s giving me! Peace out!

16. There I said it...Rant Over

August 4, 2010 at 11:50 am

Great article..
    Sadly indicative of the situations in present day Lagos-town, Nigeria

17. singlelady

August 4, 2010 at 11:50 am

Yes oh,fair girls nd human hair,a girl once told me that what a fair girl will get sitting down,a dark girl won’t even get standing up…hmmm now she’s on a heavy bleaching cream..this craziness has to stop! Kept woman wannabies. Jst b urself am dark nd am proud. Well u can’t blame d babes 4 bleaching heard its gud 4 biz.

18. singlelady

August 4, 2010 at 11:57 am

Yes oh,fair girlz nd brazilian hair is the order of d day,even d darker once’s re bleaching,wats d craze all abt..re they doin all dis 4 d men or wat,d order now is to b fair,wear waist lenght human hair,ave a blackberry bold2 and mayb ave a car, and ur a kept woman….B.S”
    Y d fuss,dnt tink men care dat much.

19. becca

August 4, 2010 at 12:24 pm

LOL! So basically ‘kept-women’ are ashewos…

20. MissLC

August 4, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Oosseee..LMAOOO….tari killed me on this one..so apprently i look like a kept women..no wonder..but im naturally light skinned n i just happen to like my long weaves..

21. bcgeorge

August 4, 2010 at 1:15 pm

@notaplayahater….”a lady in the streets and a freak in the sheets”….lols

from bellanaija to 360nobs to ur blogspot…….u r simply amazing with ur wrintin skills..bigup Tara.

22. Bee

August 4, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Thanks Becca, you took the words right out of my mouth!

Diva Ko, Asewo ni!

23. Tari

August 4, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Hi Amaka, this article was NOT inspired directly by ANY of my friends or people on my Blog. It is the story of tons of girls in Lagos and all around this country.

24. SweetandSensible

August 4, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I like……I like………..hilarious……:) very tongue in cheek……..and well written too….

25. Anuola

August 4, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Very very informative in a funny way. Although I think we, as christians, have a responsibility to start to re-educate these women…at least those that want to listen. It’s all well and good feeling sorry for them but it is our responsibility…yep you read right…to, with the help of the HS steer them aright.

True talk.

Of course I only say this because I suspect the writer is Christian…

26. above alone and not beneath

August 4, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Tari oooooohhh, u should have ignored that the amaka. she has personal issues biting her soul. psssheeew.

27. isabel

August 4, 2010 at 4:22 pm

i take exception to this article as it potrays the nigerian girl as thoughtless brainless minded woman with no ambition but to end up as a mistress. this is once again another myopic attack on women ….especially the african woman… we still have pride and dignity in labour. i think this article does not do us justice

28. Robin Hood

August 4, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Unfortunately, this is the sad aspiration of over 90% of Nigerian females.
    To have the title of “Kept Woman”. Another name for mistress, aristo,concubine, live-in-lover, gold digger, bitch and slut. It is so bad that it is the educated ladies who mostly fall into this category with younger ones aspiring to be like them.

29. Fey

August 4, 2010 at 5:26 pm

@Tari,
    LOL at this article. makes for interesting reading. But are u chauvinistic? I say this because you are always writing from a feminist viewpoint(as a female) and you never seem to write anything flattering about men. What about a guide for wanna be kept man/men? Hahahahahaha, just kidding as usual!
    Nice article though!

30. Mary007

August 4, 2010 at 6:23 pm

I do not like to comment on such articles for a number of reasons one I believe its the always the writers’ opinion and the world they live in as you are never more than what you know, I do take offence to people like Robin Hood who think and believe 90% of Nigeria women aspire to be kept plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz………..(long hiss) I have friends,attended Uni, I am working and most of the women I know,am friends with,went to Uni with and work with do NOT aspire to be kept. In my Uni class of over 200 women only a handful engaged in ASHEWO work or were kept. I would where people like you get statistics from, dont use a free bad apples to judge women. If you are right that mens also 90% of men aspire to make money to have the 90% of women aspiring to be kept( longer hiss)

31. Beekay

August 4, 2010 at 6:44 pm

@Isabel
    This is the order of the day in Lagos and Abuja and other big cities in Nigeria.
    Tari did not tag the article as ALL NIGERIAN GIRLS..
    infact its directed to the DIVAS and the soon to be DIVA’s so I really don’t think
    she is generalizing. Ofcourse there are ambitious and serious minded people in Nigeria and Africa as a whole but then we have the bad apples and I believe Tari was referring to the
    later as she clearly pin pointed it in her article even the heading should shed
    more light to your understanding that its for the KEPT WOMAN WANNABEs

32. beezy

August 4, 2010 at 6:49 pm

@ Bellanaija team…..
    Do u guys realise that ur site has followers from diffrnt parts of the world?
    So wit that in mind, I wonder if u pple think about what articles like this do to our already washed up nigerian image…..
    I mean, these things do exist; YES THEY DO!!!!… but like Chimamanda Adichie said, watch out for the “danger of a single story”…..
    Everytime I come here, its one mangled lagos/naija story to the next….is this all the world should see and hear about us??…
    Keep this in mind Bella….

@ Tari……If i were your friend, I would be very careful of the things I tell you, not cos I dont want to take “constructive” advice, but becos your friends/acquitances and their stories have become the premise of most of ur posts….. not cool!!! If someone talks to u as a friend, let it stay with u…. the whole blogsphere doesnt need to know…..
    **rmba the post about ur friend whose husband was not pulling his weight and thus leaving ur friend with the burden of the whole family?**
    I’m sure u mean well, but AGAIN!!! ur friends would not want thier lives spread out on the internet….
    Think about that………

33. Elle

August 4, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Tari, what exactly was ur point here? Please let he or SHE who is without sin be the first to cast a stone! This is reality, and more importantly live and let live.

34. Jade

August 4, 2010 at 8:40 pm

LMAO this is quite interesting, although i knew the info already, and trust this above the belt and below the belt issue is all over, even here in the J.A. all i can say is to each his own, if u think u have what it takes to be and remain in these categories, more power to u, put your best foot forward. however if u have not quite in the right niche then my advice get ur rear out. ASAP!!!

35. Ola Davis

August 4, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Tari is just enlightening younger / older women who want to be “kept women” on the downside of these situations. Sooner or later the kept woman loses the “battle”.

36. dice

August 4, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I get ur perspective/point Tari. I agree with u Anuola, about the work we need to do as christians. Emm…….I can’t help but keep going back to ur comment Elle – u sound like u’re very comfortable with this ‘reality’ – that sounds very sad and sorry! emm…… without trying to sound judgemental, but… waowh! Elle, u sound very sad and sorry!

37. kept woman

August 4, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Dear tari…..the writer/ Misyarner…when are u gonna write bout the sad story of urself…if u whr in these gals shoes(kept woman) wont u sit down there…its sad noone finds u dat attractive to make u one…..ol gal i am one of them and i am loving and living life…btw are u gettn paid for this….u seem very pained….get busy abeegii…and free da babes….

38. Elle

August 4, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Beezy, well said!!! I applaud you. Tari, these are very very murky waters you are wading in. People may think its cool to comment and attempt to make pointed comments @ who they may feel this crap is about others but what purpose does this serve?
    This is unnerving on many levels…

39. candey

August 4, 2010 at 9:55 pm

“You will be constantly tired, stressed-out and weak…I mean meeting the sexual demands of more than two men at the same time would cripple even Wonder Woman, so I would advise you enroll in a Gym, to boost your prowess.” i laughed my whole belly out!

40. Myne Whitman

August 4, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Nice read, I do think think you came off a bit superior and sanctimonious. Are you a kept woman? A wannabe? Then let them be, or are you the one that has been living their lives for them so far? I didn’t think so

41. Omada

August 4, 2010 at 11:13 pm

ha ha! Tari tell them o!that is if they listen!
    its so sad that so many young girls these days just want to be ‘DIVAS’, its so sad…

42. rich tea

August 4, 2010 at 11:15 pm

Hi beezy! You’ve honestly made valid points; points worth thinking about. I understand ur advice to the BN team- they should be aware of the danger of a single story. However your advice to Tari sounds rather harsh and slightly unfair.

Tari has a blog. And from my knowledge, a blog is seen to be some sort of online diary. She CAN’T BUT talk about her life and her life is made up of her family, friends, neighbours, even foes. I don’t know these friends she talks about and even if I knew them, BIG DEAL! Glory Edozien has written several stories talking about her life and the people in them. Didn’t she write about her pretty friend who asked her if she was ugly simply because no guy seemed to be giving her attention? and how she was shocked that that could even cross her friend’s mind? Even if I knew who the friend was, so what?! We all have our issues and anyone who chooses to dwell on any other person’s own is quite idle and should get a job or open a shop somewhere. I don’t think it’s kind of you to say if you were Tari’s friend you’d be careful of the things you tell her. #notfair

Tari I love you and I love your writing and I would LOVE to be your friend.

43. namadu

August 4, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Is it just me or is it impossible for people to read between the lines..? While not being full of censure, it’s plain to even the slowest witted person that there is a message in this article for anyone who cares to see it. Some people like to force their opinions down the throats of others, but others prefer to say the things they see in a manner that might not be acceptable to all, but are welcome by others who are able to handle the truth. Their views more than often represent the unspoken thoughts of people who would like for the world to see the falsity they project as their pious and often scandalized selves. Truth is, this is one person’s medium of expression and so if u are one of the scandalized few, endeavour not to read these articles anymore. Or better still, create your own forum, for your own thoughts. To be sincere, the writer who I know quite well probably doesn’t really care what you think, but you sure do make for poor reading. So in the future, read with understanding, think/analyse constructively, and then you’ll be able to speak articulately.

44. Omada

August 4, 2010 at 11:42 pm

@ rich tea, i agree with you… a writer is inspired by a lot of things and a lot of people, i think beezy was rather harsh….

45. THE AMAKA

August 5, 2010 at 12:37 am

@ comment NUMBER 5 BY “THE AMAKA”
    who the hell are you? WHY ARE YOU USING MY NAME?
    OMG! WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE?
    is there any way you can start to sign up for this website, therefore people cant be using your name anyhow?
    WTF?

46. THE AMAKA

August 5, 2010 at 12:40 am

i swear, people using my name just to post negative comments anonymously while they smile on the sidelines, bunch of losers!

47. Ijeoma

August 5, 2010 at 4:06 am

@ beezy, my understanding of Chimamanda’s speech was that the problem lies in how the LISTENER hears a story, interprets it and makes a generalization based on that story. So should Tari and Bella Naija now decide not to post this article because some ignorant people will assume all Nigerian girls enjoy being… “kept”? If writers only wrote diplomatically, how many good writers would there be? Would Chimamanda herself have written about a religious fanatic in one of her books? Frankly I’m getting tired of the whole “see now, they’re giving Nigerians a bad name” whine. Do things like this not happen in other countries? Also, I was under the impression that articles that portray Nigeria in a positive light are also welcome on this site… as long as people are willing to write them

48. keptwoman2

August 5, 2010 at 5:11 am

I’m a beautiful chocolate KEPT WOMAN and I’m proud of my status. You don’t have to be light skinned, or bleach or alter your looks in order to find a suitable “keeper”. You either have “it” or you donn’t. I don’t think it’s anybody’s business what the next person does or doesn’t do. We all have to live our lives and worry less about others. I live a very enchanted life that you couldn’t even start to dream about. And believe that I’ve been very smart with my wealth. So, instead of sitting here, hating on girls like me, why not hit the gym, make a hair appointment, go to the nail shop, and see for yourself the wonders of impeccable grooming and just how far it could take you 😉

• zaizai

March 23, 2011 at 2:33 am

dont u get it? we dont aspire 2 b like u…some of us have brains n determination n most importantly, principles n values, we refuse 2 settle to b d modern-day prostitute….
      den again, dats just me, back 2 my medical sch txtbooks (at least i know i have a bright future)

49. Ginika

August 5, 2010 at 7:49 am

@ Kept woman, KwaKwaKwa…I’m not judging you, please do not take this the wrong way. Beauty fades! beauty gets fatter and distorted with time so what will you do then when that happens? I have got a beautiful figure, I jog everymorning and all, eat healthy food etc.. and when baffed up can look like a kept woman too; however, I can buy my own stuff, go to a spa with my own money, do my nails with my own money etc… and 10 years from now- By the Grace of God- I hopefully will not be a has-been, done-that, been-there kinda girl and now looking expired but age gracefully.

just food for thought!

50. Ginika

August 5, 2010 at 7:59 am

Jokes apart, my heart breaks to what we have been reduced to. I live in RSA, Aids is real and not a myth. You can get 18, 19, 20, 21 year olds and above dying from full blown AIDS. They were was the it girls and guys, hotter than hot and beautiful but now dying. They did use protection- sometimes- but a condom gives, I think 75% protection. More grease to your V jay, jay I mean elbow.

Its not a joke.

51. lola

August 5, 2010 at 8:11 am

Hello Guys!
    I think we sud ask bezzy, do you want to be a kept woman
    Are you envious?
    For me and my household. This was enlightening.
    If you fell so strongly get your site and do want please you.
    Damn!
    Sick of all these self righteous people who take things like this and blow it all out of proportion

52. nono

August 5, 2010 at 8:39 am

Had to leave a comment for the two kept women who left comments. You both are ashewos – pity you are so proud of your jobs. Get a life, will you. Homewreckers!

53. JPrat

August 5, 2010 at 9:05 am

I’ve personally noticed a trend/pattern here. I will reserve my comment…but everyone can read between the lines.

54. adenike

August 5, 2010 at 9:29 am

I do appreciate everyone’s comments. The thing is we’re all looking at it from different angles.They all have their reasons but If you’re pretty familiar with the higher institutions in Nigeria I’m sure you’ll definitely agree with the writer. If you disagree,kindly conduct a survey in these schools(Unilag and OSU;now OOUTH)with due respect to those who attended the schools please. It is the in-thing;I know girls who do ‘runs’ all through the week for money, and i tell people one thing,it’s not about poverty like some claim,it’s all about GREED! And maybe keeping up with the joneses.
    On the other hand,if you’re a married woman,and you probably slaved with your husband to get his wealth,you were there for him when he was climbing okadas within Lagos metropolis before he became ‘an island big boy’,you’ll definitely not talk like ‘keptwoman/keptwoman2’..I’m not being disrespectful to the two ladies please.
    When they say ‘they are proud of what they do’,i laugh because i know they can’t even say what they do in public…Men don’t even respect ladies anymore because they believe every chick they see is a ‘runs’ girl.But all in all,they’re all adults and i guess we’re all responsible for our actions.
    And just like someone posted “why go for Silver/Bronze?when you deserve Gold”?

On a lighter note;@The Amaka(fake and original)lol,who’s the impostor? I’ve known 1 from NL..

55. Kaylah

August 5, 2010 at 9:37 am

Hi Tari, i really appreciate your post, i have come to realize that truth hurts ,
    just because you said the truth people are so upset , it might interest you to find
    out that some of them actually belong to the category of women discussed here.
    Without being judgmental, i do not wish to condemn them, and hopefully they
    can retrace their steps through this medium, i advice they silently learn a thing
    or two and seek Gods guidance in retracing their steps. What you talked about is exactly
    what is going on and i am sure one or two people woud have learnt
    something from it. Tari is in no way exposing anybody, she did not mention
    names, and trust me once in a while while driving home a point
    we all refer to one person and not mention their names

Bellanaija is a site that has does not depict Africa or Nigeria in
    anyway close to sham, they celebrate our artists and our people!!! I f you read
    foreign magazines et all, you will find out that they publish stories
    WE dont even want my our children to see, we cannot be all perfect but we
    can be better.

Thank you for the POST TARI < KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

56. Elle

August 5, 2010 at 9:39 am

@ Dice! Pls wash out your mouth before you talk about what kind of person u THINK I am! I’m not kept and I’m happy! Ask Tari, “ur hero” if this article isn’t a bit hypocritical given the……

57. Babe too haute

August 5, 2010 at 9:48 am

Idiocy of the highest level!
    i think it’s only pedigreeless chics that want to be kept.
    i have history and a good education
    can’t be kept cos family invested in me.
    Kept babes or divas its the economic situation that causes all these.
    LOLZ!

58. justsaying

August 5, 2010 at 11:04 am

@Kept Woman….Contentment is requisite for a happy life – which is what we all aspire to. It is also commendable that you know what you want and you make no pretenses about it (altho you may in your daily life but at least you don’t on the internet)

That being said, what is the difference in the technicalities of what you do and what any other female showcasing her wares on Sanusi Fafunwa @ nite does? Is it that you have a business card and they dont? Or you the calibre of ‘clients’ you have are in your eyes ‘superior’ hence you imagine you live an ‘enchanting’ life? You seem proud to have a ‘keeper’ but do you know that you are not a domestic animal?

Not an attempt to judge you, just trying to understand why your self-worth is derived from that cavity between your legs, ‘hair appointments’ etc etc… there is nothing wrong in having a mediocre mind but i never miss an opportunity to enquire as to why a seemingly sound individual insists on being a ‘beck and call’ girl.

59. Ginika

August 5, 2010 at 11:34 am

AIDS is real oooooo…. I cannot stress it enough. People die from full blown AIDS like chicken during christmas period! The fact that the ‘keeper’ has multiple partners and your one of them, there is a high risk of contracting it cause at some point he might not use protection. HIV no they show for face until it becomes AIDS!!!!! Continue doing bad girl or bigger girl or fine girl however when it strikes it no longer becomes funny. Does our government give free anti-retrovirals like the South African government?

60. diola

August 5, 2010 at 11:48 am

i didn’t get the point of this article. so… you just described women but left out the possibly moral ones with strong positive attributes. this is the first article i have read thats written by you…so i’ll try not to judge.

61. DaBreeze

August 5, 2010 at 12:08 pm

LWKMD!!!!! What an eye-opener!

62. D.O.T.M.H

August 5, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Hahahahaha!!! Plssss nobody should use “The Amaka” as their name here ahn ahn, we have just one o and identity theft is a criminal offence!!
    The original The Amaka ndo.

63. D.O.T.M.H

August 5, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Ps- Diola, honestly Tari is a beautiful writer. Pls go to her blog.

64. Judith

August 5, 2010 at 2:37 pm

@keptwoman2
    ONIRANU ni eh gan.
    u live an ” ENCHAnTED” live. hisssssssssssssssssssssssss.u must now feel like Gandoki in those books in primary school. Wat is so enchanting? Let me guess u travel abroad, buy designer bags and all that shit. Have u been to space before? when u do something no one else has done then come and brag here.
    While i will not judge anyone cos i have pple who are close to me who do this it does not mean its right.
    An ashewo is an ashewo is an ashewo. Simples.

65. iambored

August 5, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Judith, you shud change your name oh…ppl will be thinking you are the infamous Judith of Otubugate! LOL @ have u been to space before

66. MO

August 5, 2010 at 3:20 pm

nice one,everybody that make a comment have ther own point.
    in all,where is d God that created us in all dis?(am not trying to b holier than thou)
    d kept woman in d house,u re been admired by ur outlook and bigz girls potray on the pages of softsell nothing more,
    but y live a life u cant b proud of infront ur children,God dt created u.
    so bad most of d kept woman re not only beautiful dy re educated,
    d problem is not been contended with what u ve,
    all d coded words like kept woman,aristo,runs girl etc make it look good,let cal it ASHEWO.
    if not 4 anything at least 4 d God u re going to be accountable to pls give dis a thot.
    @Tari nice one as usual,mayb u should start calling bad bad and not hide it in coded words.

67. mariaah

August 5, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Chilling in my room reading these comments and all I can do is lafff and say “ASHY NO BE WORK”….What ever happened to going to school and studying harrd for that KPALI? Not that am judging; there are people who are genuinely left with no option, do it for a while and greed sets in therefore, it soon becomes their career plan.. Some even become “MADAME” begin to recruit younger girls and collect most of the money, send them abroad et all…. BTW, ashewo happens all over the world, infact I av seen proper scruffy looking ones in Yorkshire, Uk. Personally, I think it all comes down to Morals and the virtue of Patience and Perseverance… Good luck to you all KEPT WOMAN!!

68. Nneka

August 5, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Nice one Tari!

69. roundrobin

August 5, 2010 at 4:54 pm

i have four words… gbo gbo bigs girls! ha ha ha! ok seriously, good write up tari.

70. roundrobin

August 5, 2010 at 5:01 pm

M.I the rapper said “mama used to tell her you are who you are
    . ashewo na ashewo no matter what you drive, so dont spend your life
    to get money, cuz u cant spend money to buy life”…fast cars fast cars..

71. adenike

August 5, 2010 at 5:34 pm

@Justsaying;you just made my day. honestly,when these girls see hookers at Sanusi Fawunwa,Opebi roundabout and other RLD,sure they’ll say “look at those prostitutes”……
    I laugh in mandarin….

72. coko

August 5, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Wonderment! U gorrit!!! Not the way at all!

73. seun

August 5, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Let me be bigs first.

74. buffy

August 5, 2010 at 8:54 pm

@kept woman u shud b ashamed of urself,feelin its bcz ur attractive dts y u get ds men to suit ur bills, any monkey cn do dt.. kmt.u beta check urself nd  u r headin no wre in lyf by slippin wv rich married dudes to get a lyf.tari is only tryin to advice confused gals lyk urslf nd oda gals hopin to b dt kind of flyy gal by all cost to hv a rethink nd be real and focused.I luv u tari nd  u in a lot of celebrity pics nd noe u r still ‘sane’ and made it to d top graceful..dnt myd d haters.

75. bellanaija fan

August 5, 2010 at 10:50 pm

lol @ everyone’s comments.
    We all know right from wrong and the power to choose that’s the power God gave us above animals, so pple lets just live accordingly but Jesus is the truth and the light.
    Accept him today, tommorrow might just be too late…

76. tatafo

August 6, 2010 at 12:06 am

For everything , there’s a REASON…. Let’s face the Facts…:
    1. The Unemployment rate is quite HIGH in nigeria
    2. There are little or no student jobs for young people
    3. Nigerian National do no receive no form of unemployment benefit
    or any related benefit .
    4. student loans do not exist for low income families

some of these girls have no choice but are FORCED INTO IT BECAUSE OF
    SOCIETY ,,,, 89% of Men that provide all these material things to the SO
    CALLED ‘KEPT WOMEN’ ARE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS… NIGERIAN
    NEED HELPS… THE NATION AS A WHOLE IS CORRUPT…..!!!

77. miss moe

August 6, 2010 at 1:15 am

lol… “The topic”…how i love to see people react when they are anonymous!

78. gbegborun

August 6, 2010 at 1:42 am

Hey Miss Ekiyor…..Love your work! excellent write up!!!!

I have to add 2 comments though……

1) Your friends are kinda shady, sorry : )

2) @ The two kept women, i’m not going to dis you…but I know many women in thier 50’s and 60’s who lived their lives as “above the line” kept women.
    They are miserable and a couple of them have died miserable. True story.
    The legacy of what you are, what your children are and how you lived your life will never leave you. Its truly awful and sad to see. And some of these women are still Beautiful and highly educated, but have never known what it is to have a man of their own. (Onife me tori torun). This makes them sad, sometimes bitter, but most often regretful. Just be careful!

79. gbegborun

August 6, 2010 at 1:52 am

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Comment 37 from keptwoman

Lemme guess, you never passed your english NECO right? Maybe a Unilag “graduate”? Or maybe you just bypassed the whole shebang and started your business @ 15?

Your spelling is shocking! Damn girl….abeg sharply get your sugar pops to hook you up with some elocution lessons. 😛

@ All who did….
    Not being funny, but y’all need to stop hating on Tari, she writes fantastic articles. Very witty and very honest. She was in no way being self rightgeous AT ALL…..how on earth did you get that from the article?
    Tari…girl….here, here, read my “lips” – You are an Excellent blogger/writer…..some will hate, but even if you hear this only from me, know its true. You are Very Good. ; )

80. Lekpa

August 6, 2010 at 7:39 am

Well thought out article! It had me thinking of girls I know and wondering where or if they fit into any of the categories. Am I the only one that noticed? This article actually depicts the disadvantages of being a kept woman…..no social recognition for you or your kids, no boyfriends for the full time kept woman, wear and tear……….I’m not one to judge but I guess a word is enough for the wise.

81. Bola

August 6, 2010 at 8:00 am

hahahaha, someone’s impersonating ‘THE AMAKA’

I enjoyed Tari’s article, keep up the good writing!

82. There i said it...Rant over

August 6, 2010 at 8:14 am

Reading this article and everyone’s comments reminds me of the song by Nas called “Black Girl Lost” (It Was Written, 1996)

You was innocent/ but now you rent-a-dick, wear the tightest shit/
    Chanel lookin real, airbrushed nails/
    Hit the gym, hit the scales, heaven-sent but negligent/
    …….but you juggle
    way too many Willies all in one hand/
    You wanna run up in clubs, gettin rubbed on
    Niggaz pull your hair, shake your fat rear/
    Get your f–k on – followin week, you back there/
    But what you stuck on, weed, clowns and cars/

Truth be told, and i am probably going to get a lot of stick for this, there are more kept women in Nigeria than the opposite.

From the girlfriend who you need to spend money on and meet with her demands for Brazilian weave, Blackberry phone and subscription, movie tickets, dinners at smart restaurants, clothes and jewelry etc in order to ‘keep’ the relationship; to the foul hustler type of girl that gives a professor or Uni lecturer fellatio in a seedy back office to ‘keep’ her University admission.

To the money-hungry fast Lagos/Abuja/PH chicks who require fellas to own an SUV, lots of dosh and a palace to get and ‘keep’ their attention, to the kept women Tari has so far expatiated about in her write-up.

Most fellas i know keep on complaining about how there are no normal girls anymore. Dude, i know lots of smart single friends that are ready to date, but all they see are kept-wannabes and ‘sharp’ girls. Everyone seems to be on that fast lane trip, even the so called silverspoon kids are becoming materialistic upstarts. They may not want or need a fella’s physical cash per se, but want to see a chap floss.

Before all the girls on this blog attack me, and i am ready anyway, spare a thought: How many girls in present day Nigeria would even date a chap without a car, even though he is smart, has a job and is cool. Its easy for everyone to get on all that righteous ting when they have a set of PC keyboards in front of them, but the reality is another matter. How many girls would agree to go for a walk with a chap or get a DVD and chill in the crib, instead of going to an expensive joint or to see Hollywood’s newest blockbuster at the cinema?

Most of these chicks need a dude with a silverlining. Darn silver birds…

I gracefully bow out..

83. seun

August 6, 2010 at 10:16 am

@there I said it rant over. GBAM!!!

84. Mizz

August 6, 2010 at 10:17 am

@ Justsaying…Correct comment mehn!!!

85. gorgeous

August 6, 2010 at 11:24 am

Kept woman. Rotflmao @ the shameless kept women that came to comment.Was that a prank pulled on us by Bella.I have now come to realise that so many naija girls are into this lifestyle.I and my friends will talk about this issue extensively, and even judge these girls.To my greatest suprise, I find out that these same friends are Kept women as well.They judge themselves the harshest, I think its circumstances that push some; but greed pushes most.The Nigerian culture of keeping up with the Jonses and competition amongst women for who has what is responsible.It is really sad that one will have to degrade themselves so much to be worth something.I hope they wake up and realise all is vanity.The amount of time spent with these men can be used to find your own man, and develop yourself.Its rather too sad.Especially because most of my friends are deep into it.So scared to raise the topic again sef.na wa oh.Naija women, grow some self pride and common sense.

86. africanchikito no.1

August 6, 2010 at 12:25 pm

@namadu: God bless you for being so articulate! more than i can say for many here..
    @Tari: standing ovation!….Please feel free to air your opinions on YOUR blog…..’YOUR’ being the operative word!..anyone that can deal with that should go find something to write about…whatever makes them sleep at night fullSTOP

87. hateunrealisticpeople

August 6, 2010 at 1:45 pm

you know,sometimes people like this BEEZ surprise me. is it that you prefare to be in denial? this things are really happening and people need to hear and listen. Now if your bent on creating a facade about what Nigeria is really about,then Dont read this things.

88. Omada

August 6, 2010 at 10:17 pm

@ There i said it…Rant over, you hit the nail right on the head!!!
    WORD!!! totally, totally agree with you…

89. NiceWriting

August 6, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Hello all who commented;

whether you agree or you do not agree with this article, what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. Some people r just trying to feel smart about their comments, anybody can have opinions but pls do not insult the writer, make with it what you will.
    it is in the bible plain a simple husband and wife not husband, wife and kept woman.
    again what is right is right what is wrong is wrong plain and simple.

90. THE AMAKA identity thief haha

August 6, 2010 at 11:09 pm

This whole thing is making me want to throw up! What if you were to show ur true identity here and not hide behind anonymity? Kept women 1 and 2 will anyone even smell ur comments? What causes this whole kept issue is POVERTY MENTALITY and nothing else. If having fake ass hair and a bb and going to the movies and silly little irrelevancies like that can be seen as PERKS, chai! These things are nothing here….so it all boils down to poverrrtyy ooo!!

• THE AMAKA

August 18, 2010 at 4:32 am

find your own name, BE ORIGINAL and hop off mine!

91. Getyourown

August 6, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Tari has spoken the truth and not judged anyone. The ones feeling the heat are simply speaking out of a guilty conscience. Times are changing Naija women, women have been liberated…we can actually work now and make our own money. Why are we dragging ourselves backwards by waiting on a man to satisfy your needs. My man takes solace in the fact that if anything ever happened to him, I can support both of us. The 21st century woman has her own.

Begging (because that’s exactly what a kept woman does) a married man to sustain you when you have two hands, two feet and a brain is beyond me. When all is said and done and he sets you aside for the new babe in town (because lets face it, women age faster than men and men like new and shiny things), what happens to you then. You and your ill gotten wealth and children who are now seen as illegitimate because you had them with someone else’s daddy and husband have to live with your shame.

I struggle everyday to make a living, but when it is time to get my hair done, my nails done, and I pull out cash that I got from my bank account that my job paid into…I feel fulfilled. Why let all my beauty and brains go to waste with some washed up married man when I can acquire my own. Besides, it feels good to pull up beside these married touts in my fully paid for car that I bought myself. Look them straight in the eye knowing that they can’t do a thing for me because I have used my God given talents and abilities to get my own.
    Tari, good job on your article.

92. wealthy one

August 7, 2010 at 1:16 am

Hmmm lovely comment by 81, 84 wow, we all need to pray for our selves, we need God in this generation, no criticizing of anyone, sometimes i wonder if am normal, cos sometimes is like everyone is caught up with bug of being a big girl, am not preaching my self, is just being the grace of God, i cry out to him for direction, this days are evil, ladies are like wolves now, even in church, they stare at Men like they are the Men them selves, we no dey try at all, guys have serious low respect for us. Tari, God bless you, am happy. is better we suffer now, than live with a bad image all our lives, God always bless those who are diligent no matter the situation, there is hope, if you look int right places, read the word, hang with the right friends, few i know exist this days, i know some of this ladies, who after marriage face serious challenges cos their husband keeps getting report of their past, sincerely relationship is not for small children, any man who wants a babe, wife, should at least have prospect, to show he can be a future husband, marriage comes with responsibility, so talking of dating a man without a car, i know friends who i have and eventually the man grew to solid level, choosing a hubby is not only in the outward appearance, but more of the inside man, i wish us all good knowledge, and being truthfull to stand for what is right and not cover it, cos we are living in it, Bad is Bad. be true, SEX is very spiritual, is not just fun. is my opinion, not forcing anyone, am fair, beautiful as in Hot, smart, hot, but i love respect, so am paying the price with smart work and being industrious, have one million chances of being kept, but men i want the bigger price, won’t give it fro anything. there is always a reward for anything we do.

93. fokasibe

August 9, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Well said Tari! Vey well written! More, more, more!!!

94. heyr

August 10, 2010 at 10:24 am

why is bella not posting my comments …… seriously, it isnt necessary
    kept woman should be ashamed of herself. Pencil in d day u read this article in your diary …bcos u’ll definitely gnash ur teeth and say ‘had i known’

No one is impersonating THE AMAKA O ….. she is a haterizer. remember those nasty irrelevant comments she posts.
    She posted this 1 and realized too late it was stupid, hence the ‘omg, who is using my screen name”

95. dreligiousbrigademakemesick

August 10, 2010 at 4:44 pm

@ Nice Writing and to all whose comments alluded to the Bible…WTF? I have noticed under the relationship section, 8 out of 10 cats refers to ‘the bible’ in espousing their view…the bible said this, the bible said that? so what? do you think the whole world is christian???? why must all live by the bible standards? I never see any comments from moslems/buddhists/hindu etc referring to their holy book or religious standards…The arrogance!

This is neither a religious article nor a religious debate…if you cannot be objective, DONT COMMENT! its not by force….read and move on!

• tmtmtmte

July 8, 2011 at 8:28 am

Shoooo! Qoute ur holy book too na. Why the thing they pepper u so?
      Freedom of speech -does dt mean anything to you. One of the things that make Christianity what it is is that it must be talked about so deal with it.
      Just saying….

96. MsJacqueline

August 11, 2010 at 10:09 am

Nice post, it actually stopped me in my tracks while working.
    Loved every sentence.

97. Molicious

August 11, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Wow, nice article Tari
    @ There I said…you sure said it 🙂

98. Kemji

August 12, 2010 at 12:27 am

Awesome writing…funny this topic has been on my lips and in my heart recently. Truth is there are no winners in this dirty game of adultery. We the women lose self-respect, dignity and throw our beauty away to pigs. The men also lose respect for themselves and for their families, they wear their weakness and lack of self-control like a hat and they throw away money that could be put to better use on the alter of sex. For the kept women, most think that’s the only way (self-control issues) and other are ruled by greed. None sleeps well at night, that I know for sure. The kept and the keeper remain hanted b guilt.

99. Kemji

August 12, 2010 at 12:28 am

*altar
    *by
    My computer is acting up!

100. ose

August 13, 2010 at 11:17 pm

nice article tari…loved it

101. Ginika

August 18, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Nice article Tari, really nice… YOU ARE ALL RIGHT!!!! PS don’t forget bout STDs… AIDS is really.

102. Uchechi

August 18, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Hmmm..na wa o! Hey miss dreligiousbrigademakemesick..when people decide to refer to God or christianity in certain issues, its not arrogance. Its because they view things through the lens of religion, perhaps if you are not a christian why dont you express yourself through your belief if you choose too. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions and freedom of expression..dont take it personal alright.

Well, the decadence in the society is definitly a contributing factor and seeing this trend stopping in the near future is rather far-fetched. Tari I dont quite agree with your last statement “wishing them the best in their careers”. May God’s mercy deliver us from the paths of destruction.

103. April

August 21, 2010 at 9:22 pm

if diva=hustler, u probabli wanna look up d meaning of hustler in d dictionary

104. Woman

August 23, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Whatever happened to an interesting read? Some Nigerian girls are so stupid and paranoid that they think everything is directed at them in particular. Bimbos! And besides, the article was in no way insulting it just stated opinions, some of which could be considered facts (for example, if you follow a married man, you will be a shadow), nor did it tell us whether it is right or wrong.

105. Godlovesme4me

August 23, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Tari, I enjoyed reading the article but I think we nigerians tend to have wrong meanings for slangs that are used mostly by the African Americans. I thot to be a DIVA was to be decently dressed but yet outstoundingly gorgeous…I thot.
    And then I thot DIVAs also meant independent ladies that dont need a man to cater their needs cos they are well capable of providing for themselves…I thot.
    Anyways from the classifications…I thot those were once b4 called Aristo Chicks…guess not anymore.
    Its now “Kept Woman” huh…I need to be on point more on definitions of some of these terms.

Every woman should be very well kept by that special man.

106. DimplyMe

August 30, 2010 at 4:26 pm

1.Tari,nice article.You havnt done anything wrong but to spell it out clearly to keptwomen that they are cheating themselves..As a keptwoman,u have no dignity,no integrity…..seriously even if u are saying in ur mind ryt nw that u cudnt give a hoot,it must affect u in the long run…The stigma that comes with being a mistress/whore/bitch/husbandsnatcher is very much above human control…wat goes around comes around…pls go and ask the ‘hot’ ladies cooling off in the custody of HIV/AIDS …For making another woman miserable,having sleepless nights and running from pillar to post all in a bid to make her husband return home to her,u will not have peace…hey I’m not married just in case u think i’m over reacting….Im just passionate about JUSTICE…

2.Yo Haters…go take a back seat and sip on some swedish bitters!!!
    3.Ginika…u’re a hell of a funny lady…preach gurl!
    My own Definition
    Keptwoman: whore,home-breaker,bitch,swine,devil’s incarnate,never amount to anything successful,not presentable,always being hidden,loser,depressed,always regrets her actions and refuses to learn her lessons,low self-esteem,her place is in the dungeon and many more.pls check my online dictionary for more details.

Oshe!

107. annie

October 5, 2010 at 12:26 pm

@isabel August 4, 2010 at 4:22 PM – I’m sure she was not refering to ‘the nigerian girl’ but rather to those girls whose only ambition is to fund their lives by lying on their backs (& probbably other positions too)… don’t take this article (or life, for that matter) so personally. my 20 kobo…

108. babe

October 18, 2010 at 3:39 pm

lmao!!!! interesting write up, interesting commentators! i’ve bn really entertained! thumbs up evryone.

109. lizzy

November 3, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Kudos Tari, well said. Those who want to be Kept should knock themselves out, But be reminded that for every ACTION, there is an EQUAL and OPPOSITE REACCTION and also know that the law of MARGINAL UTILITY and DIMINISHING RETURNS affect humans too.

110. not a bee

November 13, 2010 at 11:56 am

in all of this the person i feel sorry for is the ‘kept woman’ keeper’s wife… who is waiting at home for her husband and then he comes with a gift for her… STD!