Events

African Artists’ Foundation hosts Lagos Photo 2010 – ‘No Judgement – Africa Under The Prism’

BellaNaija.com

African Artists’ Foundation recently held their annual Lagos Photo exhibition. This year’s theme was ‘No Judgement – Africa Under The Prism‘. 25 contemporary photographers including Toye Gbade and Aisha Dapchi featured their work in the exhibition.
The flagship event took place on the 9th of October 2010 at the Eko Hotels & Suites in Lagos.
Photos below.

Bantu

Kolu & Naomi

The Exhibition

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi

1. FI

October 26, 2010 at 10:58 am

love the YSL pumps the girl in the last picture has on…yummy

• yoohooo

October 26, 2010 at 2:41 pm

lol!!did they write that the pumps were YSL…

• Again!

October 26, 2010 at 3:56 pm

They dont have to write it for those who know….

• Mrs.RagaBlueberrymuffin

October 26, 2010 at 8:02 pm

I wonder for them o.Black suede pumps=YSL. Y’all kill me.So many shoes designers have this style.They could be Steve madden for all you know.Cos Steve madden (and even Calvin Klein) has exactly the same style.

• lowlah

October 26, 2010 at 8:10 pm

yea im with yoohoo…do u kno how many designers make shoes like that… what if i come and say ” they’re r not YSL they are prada” how we go take know…lol abeg jo!

2. bignaijababe

October 26, 2010 at 11:02 am

NICE NICE NICE!!!!! looove the whole laid back atmosphere and dressing Loove it!!!!!

3. Ginika

October 26, 2010 at 11:12 am

love the atmosphere as well and like that people are looking real!

4. swthrt

October 26, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Aisha….cool

5. Amour

October 26, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Men I have to buy plenty plenty fine fine clothes before going to Naij for NYSC in February oh. This people will intimidate someone oh

• Thotsaloud

October 26, 2010 at 2:03 pm

You will be intimidated only if you let yourself be. Goodluck with you NYSC:)

• yoohooo

October 26, 2010 at 2:40 pm

abeg, dont move to naija with that mindset!Just be you.

6. Lagos Boy

October 26, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Nice………..

7. omotoke

October 26, 2010 at 4:48 pm

lol. i love the pumps too and ‘yoohoo’, u got it right out of me. had to go check where they wrote that the shoe is YSL……lol. nice legs ‘lade’

8. Blossom

October 26, 2010 at 5:50 pm

I like the ‘any dresscode’ thing. Some pple look laid back and some dressed up. Whatever works, right?

9. Dami

October 26, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Damn! I heard they even got the expo on the streets! AWESOME PROJECT.

10. gbekun

October 26, 2010 at 8:47 pm

look at them. no one is even talking about the exhibition, it is only who wore what they’re concerned about.
    so what really is this exhibition about, are the photos for sale? nothing captivating about the photos, don’t understand the essence.

• me again

October 26, 2010 at 11:45 pm

this is our own exhibition abeg…
      love the pink/salmon dress with the “YSL” (lol) shoes
      simple and super chic!

• Mrs.RagaBlueberrymuffin

October 27, 2010 at 2:29 am

lmao…do you think majority of the people that went for the event were interested in the exhibition????They want their pictures taken and we audience want to see what they are wearing.PERIOD

• Ada

October 28, 2010 at 12:48 am

lmao!i have a feeling these days a lot of people go to these events so their pics will make it on bellanaija! It`s all good sha

11. Zainab Ashadu

October 26, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Please check out africanartists.org and lagosphoto.org for more informtion.

Thank you.

12. FI

October 27, 2010 at 1:02 am

LMAO at the comments on YSL Pumps….its not that serious.

13. zimbutterfly

October 27, 2010 at 10:30 am

Like so many BN loyalists, I too am in love with fashion but I do find it a little disturbing that the ‘YSL shoe’ issue is even a topic of dicussion and not some of the exhibition’s images. Our love of fashion and people watching is blinding us. The photo of the young boy pointing what appears to be a piece of wood or something shaped like a gun at his companion’s head is disturbing. This is far more disturbing that Wunika’s ill-fitting romper, the price of a Birkin and how long it takes to get one. So many of us have the abililty to spot Cartiers, J12s and classic Chanel bags in crowded rooms and in the fuzziest event photos. Surely we can use these eyes to see what is happening in many parts of our beloved Mama Africa and be proactive in addressing some of our continent’s problems. Rocking Gucci ready-to-wear and Louboutins is simply not going to feed, clothe and educate our brothers and sisters

• Bukky

October 27, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Zimbutterfly, abeg point us to what you are doing to save Nigeria.What is your own personal contribution?

14. Abi

October 27, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Nigeria…where the ‘rich’ get dressed up to go and look at the everyday realities of their fellow struggling country men ART! Wait a minute…that’s just the world.

15. Dolly

October 27, 2010 at 12:53 pm

wetin concern dog with walking stick,please we don’t care if the shoes are ysl,even primark has that style lets appreciate the fantastic art on display and lets be proud nigerians are interested in art and also invest in art these days thank you

16. Justme

October 27, 2010 at 4:40 pm

I concur zimbutterfly…but I had to laugh first. Love BN readers all sorts in the bunch.

17. zimbutterfly

October 28, 2010 at 10:44 am

Bukky. I did not intend to offend anyone with my comment. In relation to your question about what I am doing to save Nigeria- I, a mere mortal, can not save Nigeria and neither can you. I have made and continue to make my contributions in various ways to my homeland (Zimbabwe) but this is not the forum to discuss me.

18. Ms. Jayee

October 28, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Hold up!!! that Oyinda Fakeye is wearing the same thing from LPM June edition (dated June 6,2010 on the blog) . I mean head to toe!!! hair, accessories, bag and sandals!!! Nooo it’s too much of a coincidence. abi? am i seeing double. Hey! not that it is a sin or anything..but it just totally blew me off!. Check it for yourself: http://ijawgirl.blogspot.com/

• mary007

October 28, 2010 at 10:06 pm

I hailllllllllllllllllllllll you this na talent you get oh you suppose use am for detective work cos na serious talent to remember wetin person wear months ago even if na your friend, well done

• Mary007

October 29, 2010 at 2:50 pm

I am not commending you at all

19. yoyo

October 29, 2010 at 12:43 am

Ms Jayee…did u really have to go there?…wow….

20. Fifi

October 30, 2010 at 8:30 am

Na wa to Y’all

21. Tayo

October 30, 2010 at 6:35 pm

As in…….na real WA!i dey hail o!4 one 2 remember sumfn like dat…..lol

22. dare

November 1, 2010 at 1:40 pm

i know the lady in the picture (kaka doyle). she was my sister’s school mother at tender touch college. damn she looks lovely!