Music

New Video: Kaffy – Omo Gidi

Kaffy is one of the most visible dancers/dance instructors that Nigeria has. From leaving her footprints in history with her Guinness World Records entry for longest non-stop party (the record’s been topped now though).

To working consulting for the biggest dance shows: Malta Guiness Street Dance Academy and High School Musical, Nigeria; to working with the biggest acts 2face, eLDee, P-Square and a host of others.

She makes her debut as an MC with Omo Gidi. The video was shot on location in Lagos by Ak One.

Check on it.

kaffy omo gidi from ak one on Vimeo.

1. Kilonsparkles

October 8, 2010 at 9:35 am

I’ve always said it. She just has stamina. Will love to hear her sing though.

Check out http://kilonsparkles.blogspot.com

• Kilonsparkles

October 9, 2010 at 6:18 am

Yea I heard her sing, and it’s a mess. This song is not nice. And no I’m not a hater.

• Tola

November 19, 2010 at 6:57 pm

I Totally Agree with you! I think she should stick to what she’s great at: Dancing…
      And neither am I a hater.

2. pat

October 8, 2010 at 10:52 am

Dat nice of u kaffy, it all base on determination….. keep it up

3. ms ken

October 8, 2010 at 12:18 pm

she’s guaranteed 2 hav a gud dance video but i think her strength is dance n she stick to dance. very hyper video!!! her hair was all over d place from all her dances.

4. ego

October 8, 2010 at 1:00 pm

one word, DRIVEL!!!

5. miss

October 8, 2010 at 1:22 pm

kaffy can not dance or sing, her body his stiff her backup dancers can dance better than her

• candy

October 10, 2010 at 10:05 pm

thank you! exactly wat i fort.

6. Miss ATL

October 8, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Erm. I dunno about the song. I dunno about the video. I dunno about the video being right for the song. I’ll come back and watch again… I might like better next time.

7. DimErr

October 8, 2010 at 2:27 pm

HATERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS…SHES GOOD………SHUT UR MOUF NIJA GALS…JEALOUSY NO GO KILL UNA…….EUWWW

• Mrs.RagaBlueberrymuffin

October 8, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Personally, i love Kaffy, i love this song, i love the choreography and the video.But everyone else is entitled to how they feel about something.They dont have to be haters!!kai, dont know if you guys dont get tired of that word..anything Haters, haters, haters!!Na by force to have d same opinion?

8. blackgold

October 8, 2010 at 2:34 pm

i am just a little bit confused as to what that was,cant tell if its a music video or its to be used for dance reharsal……………………….still confused

• eazzie E

October 8, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Seems like an adult pantomime to me. no definite moves and some really okpoish butt shaking thingy at the end that totally killed it… like “dead” killed it not “tight” killed it

9. D.O.T.M.H.

October 8, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I lyyykkkk!!!

10. opeyemi omoboriowo

October 8, 2010 at 2:49 pm

shes hot and sexy

11. moigallop

October 8, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Nice dance one Kaffy!
    @DimErr: Pls just shut your lame trap! Just cos u like something doesnt mean everyone else should. ever heard of Right to Opinion??? “NIJA GALS…JEALOUSY NO GO KILL UNA” mcheeeeeeeeew….

12. !!!

October 8, 2010 at 3:22 pm

catchy song and the video is way better than some by supposed musicians…Go Kaffy Go Kaffy Go…hehe

13. ladi

October 8, 2010 at 3:52 pm

i like the song. the video not so much cuz it could have been cleaned up a bit.

14. eazzie E

October 8, 2010 at 5:05 pm

okay. i honestly appreciate all the efforts put into this video and the time and resources but What*&(^?? Are they kidding me? My point: the video graphics/editing drowned the video in serious drama that at first viewing, u say….”wow, this is tight” but hidden truth (but not blind to my eyes) is the fact that it totally took away all the artistic body movements that viewers would usually want to see and because the moves are so good, u find yourself trying it out in your bathroom or kitchen. (most of us must have experienced that) .C’mon, Ciara wont do loads of artificail video graphics in her video cos she want u to see the real deal. My point is when she moves as little as a nerve, u see it move, its no film trick and no show off talent of the editor. Seriously, I genuinely believe that this song should have been left as audio cos I heard it a while back in a club and the fellas in the house that day rocked it hard and sorry to say….. better than this. Am not hating here but I know kaffy has something but for me, it just don’t do it for me. she needs something more to step up her game. Dance???? Like seriously??? Good Job well done to her and mostly her back up dancers like one of us said.

15. Bukky

October 8, 2010 at 5:12 pm

this was nice. why do people have a problem with it?

16. Prism of an immigrant

October 8, 2010 at 6:31 pm

She has way too much energy in her dancing that makes it look a bit too foreful, as if she is trying to hard.

17. Molicious

October 8, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Kudos on the video Kaffy, very energetic. In my opinion the graphics are unnecessary since she can obviously dance when given the right moves. The quality of the video is cool. I really wonder if she can sing though because this autotune that 9ja artists are using these days e.g Goldie and Kaffy, I don’t know oh. All in all fair job, I like that she had guys dancing in the video too, not just half naked babes shaking booty, I think y’all are better dancers than the long booty shaking session I observed at the end. Kudos again, always room for improvement.Goodluck

18. fokasibe

October 8, 2010 at 9:32 pm

OK…I agree before anyone starts! I AM A HATER!!!!

Don’t like her singing, thought the video was overly done, I’ve watched Kaffy live and what I love about her is her ENERGY!! For me, it didn’t come through in the video, what I saw was a lot of video cutting and pasting and too much booty shaking! Don’t even get me started on the lyrics….Overall, I like the fact that she tried but I know she could’ve done better with the coreography. But! Please Kaffy can’t we stick to the dance videos and leave the singing bit out? Even with autotune, it didn’t werk for me!

19. gbeborun

October 8, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Some of the comments here are just plain hating,maybe you should go and get a new glasses from specsavers then watch the video again. This video is hot from start to finish, Kaffy did not bore or disappoint for even a sec,love the song, love the video,will partay and gym with it, Kaffy has a body/figure to die for. Dancing is about energy so haters deal with it.

20. dami

October 9, 2010 at 2:39 am

the next ciara …..

21. Tess

October 9, 2010 at 4:16 am

Kaffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, i think u should remain a ”dancer”

22. D Clarkers

October 9, 2010 at 11:09 am

I love love this video, pls where can i get it to download in uk, ” Let me see ur back, get on the floor” love the “my legs are shaking part” thumbs up Kaffy, well done. b4 i forget to add the shaking booty at the end was a real treat lol

23. beanie

October 9, 2010 at 7:03 pm

the next ciara??????????…dnt thinks so. dats too much of a title to bestow upon her

24. My opinion

October 9, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I like Kaffy but i think she should stick to dancing. Thats her forte!! There is no orignality in this song, will not like her to be a one hit wonder. I think she lacks what it takes to sustain singing as a career say at least for a decade. Singing is not a yoyo business!!

25. damsbabs

October 10, 2010 at 1:19 am

PLS WAT ARE OUR ARTIST EVEN TEACHNG OUR YOUNG GIRLS…THE VIDEO WAS OK..BUT WAS D 15SEC ASS SHAKING NECESARRY..PLS OP D CENSORS BOARD ARE WATCHNG..THIS VIDEO SHLD AV A PG RATNG

26. deedoubleU

October 10, 2010 at 8:40 am

Not a hater…. at the end of the video i was like is that all?…as a dancer, and a name in the guniess book of records, that the more reason why this dance steps would have been mad!!!. i wanted to see creativity and i didn’t see that, she can dance, but be more creative…!!! different dance steps, pounding the booty is so old and steps that i’ve seen here in this video are just normal nothing spectacular.. Nice beat! attitude to go with it, but dance steps ..No babes,but you can do better

27. newyork

October 10, 2010 at 9:25 am

ah ahh…nt dt bad nw

28. Antiwizboy

October 10, 2010 at 5:40 pm

kaffy love you as a dancer but as a singer not at all.

29. bimbim

October 10, 2010 at 7:40 pm

wats d meaning of this?is it a dance video or a song?Kaffy stick to ur calling.
    ur legs r shaking ke?oga oooo

30. naijamusicritic

October 11, 2010 at 1:31 am

wow,dunno where to start from, the video itself is quite interesting(i choose interesting as i was looking for a valid adjective to qualify this video but couldn’t find it)As an everyday nigerian,i personally believe kaffy CANNOT sing,cannot written in bold is used to drive a point.What is it with nigerians jumping on this hollywood hype that everyone that is in the entertainment industry should try and produce some single(case of genevieve,omotola to name a few)On the plus side,the choreography routine was spot on,and the back up dancers were also on point.Personally,she does what she does best so well which is dancing and i would definitely stick to that if i was her but after all am not,so Good luck kaffy…

31. Saddeyya Tooohbad

October 11, 2010 at 11:27 am

personaly i think she shld be a producer .. she can future in the videos of other people like Gabriel Union. I am still tryna grab d koko of this song but seriously, i dont undstand. Its almost like a soundtrack to a Step -Up kinda movie. I like her Zeal yeah, she shld focus on Dancing n if she wants to sing, she shd nt dance too much n the Video, even Psquare no dance reach as she dance for ere. She danced d whole 9 yards men…

• Jolz

October 12, 2010 at 9:28 am

9 yards ke?! 20 yards o…lmao

32. Kay..

October 11, 2010 at 11:59 am

kaffy shld focus on improving her dance den i might actually be impressed wit it….i tot i’d be seeing some proper dance moves loaded wit tricks n techniques but even the lame can co these moves……pls expand ur horizon dear…dance is a whole lot more than booty, waist winding (though i love that bit) n hair shaking……explore different types of dance n take it from dere u’ll be a whole lot better…..cheers!

33. Kay..

October 11, 2010 at 12:00 pm

and for that song…..pls KILL IT! if u want to make dance videos just dance to other peoples songs or even background tunes….

34. Toooh-baaard In D Building

October 11, 2010 at 12:17 pm

@ Kay…… WORD

35. Ujubaby

October 11, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, hawt, lol!

36. princess ola

October 12, 2010 at 10:33 am

My thoughts are just drifting trying to imagine the moment Kaffy said “I’m gonna sing, i’m gonna be Nigeria’s Ciara. i’m gonna get in that booth and make music.” I wih someone had just said erm babes squash it lol

37. jmayaki11

October 17, 2010 at 11:25 am

Personally, I’m impressed wit kaffy as a dancer, but when I saw dis video, all I cld say was ‘wat d helllllllllllll???????’ Dat ass tin @ d end was d heights, wat was she thiking?? Does she not v friends?

38. mr cee

October 23, 2010 at 4:18 pm

i think she shuld just stick to her dancing career and forget singing cos she’s just wack in dat aspect…but must everybody sing?

39. Random

March 30, 2012 at 5:35 am

I swear to God, kaffy is one of a kind. I’ve never seen a dancer like hers. She is good, even far better than good. If i were to be a girl and select a mentor or someone i would like to be in future, i swear to God it’s gonna be Kaffy. Thumbs up KAFFY