News

Tiffany Amber presents “Raw Glamour” for Spring/Summer 2011

BellaNaija.com

Sometimes you view a collection and you love it, sometimes you view a collection and it’s just not for you. Some collections have a stronger effect – they evoke a feeling. They whisk you away from your reality into a fantasy.

The new collection from Nigerian fashion brand, Tiffany Amber has been christened “Raw Glamour“; As soon as we saw this, we totally imagined exotic nights at trendy spots in the ’70s.  Tiffany Amber is renowned for their silk  and chiffon pieces and they certainly deliver that here – silk done in deliciously luxe tones; A new addition to the Tiffany Amber palette is exquisite Austrian lace which we see crafted into standout pieces including a purple motorcycle jacket and finally, we spotted the graphic print – all pieces are exquisitely cut. The power of this collection is in the precise cut  that enables the fabric to drape just right. The silhouette is fluid and all about flow. We love the slouchy wide legged trousers and our favourite piece is “Scarlett” – the floor length one-armed dress with the asymmetrical dipped back .

Here is the official collection statement from Tiffany Amber:

Prepare to be seduced by the sensual style of our Spring/Summer 2011 collection tagged “Raw Glamour”. Chic contrasts; from 70’s glamour and dazzling bright colours, to our lacy affair and our iconic airy silks come together to create a vibrant collection.

Think breakfast in Capri, lunch in St Tropez and dance the night away in the heydays of Studio 54 and you have Raw Glamour, a collection inspired by the allure of the 70’s style icons who’s elegance has been present in many of the Tiffany Amber collections.

‘This season, I had an image of a glamorous and exotic Tiffany Amber woman who loves to provoke and seduce with cheeky opulence- I used aqua, spring green, daffodil, white, and iris for a sophisticated and confident elegance’.

Suiting softened with a long and oversized boyfriend Jacket, fluid trousers, silk shirts and our classic flowy dresses come together to help you navigate the summer fashion landscape.

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Miss J

February 11, 2011 at 6:46 pm

The dress in the 6th picture is lovely. She really paid attention to the detailing. Nice collectio overall

2. nonna

February 11, 2011 at 6:49 pm

some are nice, some are great, some are not all that. meh. lukewarm feelings. but the lovely ones are really lovely!

3. Zara

February 11, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Gorgeous collection!

4. NIRA

February 11, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Plzz don’t tell me the big pants are coming back!!! Love the dresses!!!!

5. Taj

February 11, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I agree with Nonma. Lukewarm.

6. loli

February 11, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I love this collections…its so pretty–fabrics and colour choice are pretty good. Wouldn’t mind owning a few of the pieces.

7. Ade

February 11, 2011 at 8:05 pm

This is really lovely!

8. bobbydox

February 11, 2011 at 8:19 pm

yes! yes! yes! this is what i am talking about fashion at its best but wait MEN what are we doing when are we having our great piece for the regular 21st century man……………anyways TIFFANY THUMBS Up

• mary007

February 12, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Yes I agree you this is what we are talking about, on a side note I have decided to stalk you

9. Hali

February 11, 2011 at 8:25 pm

10/10

10. Tile

February 11, 2011 at 8:50 pm

totally wearable. Love her pieces.

11. kanowrie

February 11, 2011 at 9:17 pm

i am in love with tifanny amber’s fabrics!

check out my blog http://kanowrie.blogspot.com/

12. Sarah

February 11, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Love the model! she’s really exquisite and brought out the beauty of the fabrics. Nigerian Models should emulate her. for Tiffany Amber to use her TWICE! then there is something right about this girl.

13. Miss Face

February 11, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Nice! My absolute fave is the long purple tunic (without the belt). This piece is sooo tiffany amber and me likey. Alot!

14. French Niara

February 11, 2011 at 10:10 pm

nice

15. ty

February 11, 2011 at 10:23 pm

model- hot,design pieces- fabulous, shoes- banging

16. Louis

February 11, 2011 at 10:42 pm

I totally agree with Sarah. I am a number one Marcia fan i always look out for her work and each time i do am never disappointed. she blew my mind with the Flair magazine football edition and now this. I’ve got my eyes on You Marcia Okhai dont let me down. Thumbs up Tiffany Amber nice collection, you have done it again. Hugs Marcia you rock the Nigerian modelling industry!

17. Ngozi

February 11, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Leggy Miss Marcia! Dayum! look at the length of those pants and Marcia’s legs carried them well. i hope my legs can carry them likewise in this sexy manner like the model did 🙁 if yes running to my nearest tiffany amber store. i love love love the baggy pants 😀

18. Bee

February 11, 2011 at 10:51 pm

HOT! HOT! HOT! I love Tiffany Amber’s clothes, she’s an amazing designer.

19. prism of an immigrant

February 11, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I like the fabric choice and how colorful they are.

20. Buki

February 11, 2011 at 11:34 pm

I am surprised, this time they are just not doing it for me, but good tailoring.

21. juli

February 11, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Im so dissappointed!!!!!!!!!!!! Tiffany Amber????? Nah mehn!!!

22. Miss A.T.L.

February 12, 2011 at 12:45 am

I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE!

23. Ready

February 12, 2011 at 12:48 am

Gorgeous all over! Dresses 3, 4, and 6, best believe you are mine. Outfit 11…flawless floaty perfection.

24. D.O.T.M.H.

February 12, 2011 at 12:52 am

More yays than nays

25. sweetie

February 12, 2011 at 2:22 am

LOVE IT!!

26. konnie

February 12, 2011 at 3:28 am

nice but the girls are quite skinny

27. THE AMAKA

February 12, 2011 at 5:46 am

NICE! the 6th dress though, i feel like I’ve seen it somewhere before.

28. Jide

February 12, 2011 at 10:21 am

Ok peeps,lets stop being sentimental and keep it real.
    My honest opinion is that the colours are great but the workmanship is below standard so she needs to up her game in that area if she needs to be taken serious in the international arena.i believe she has been in the industry long enough in d industry and has d resources not to be satisfied with being a big fish in a small pond.She needs to think global if she has ambition cos this is glabalised world now.Secondly,there is so much effort on the designs and that has ruined it if you ask me.Sometimes some fabric are better kept simple but well tailored.Nigerian designers need to appreciate quality workmanship comes before designs.If a grament is simple but well cut and neatly made ,you can`t go wrong.

I should know

Also the garments seem to be wearing the model as opposed to the model wearing the garments.
    I think Tiffany can do improve but she needs to go back to the basis which in my opinion is that a garment must be neatly and proffesionally made and it must fit.
    We dont help any designer if we give if we make him or her believe they are what they are not.Off course we need to encourage them cos it takes a lot of energy and mental strength to come with designs but also they need to have passion and those without passion should diversify into other vocations.

• Anon

February 12, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I never comment but I love these pieces. However Jide, my personal opinion is you should go back to BASICS with your grammatically incorrect sentences. Reading through your comment I noticed that you read & re-read to make sure your sentences were right but you still failed to deliver.
      As you said, you should know!
      “…the garments seem to be wearing the model as opposed to the model wearing the garments” Mscheew…

29. Jide

February 12, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Dear Anon,

Would you honestly say the workmanship on this is top end?
    No need to get sentimental about this.

By the way who are kidding with “I never comment”,yeah right

• Taj

February 12, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Thanks for keeping it real. I thought they were just O.K Pics 2, 6 & 9 are cool, but nothing spectacular. I agree with you. More attention needs to be paid to detail. I am not going to fawn over something unless it is well deserved!

• Sia

February 12, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Well said Jide. This is why I respect people that make constructive criticisms.

30. ebi

February 12, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Jide
    Dear Anon, this is not about grammar,this is about fashion and giving an honest opinion.You have done what we Nigerians are very good at and that is deviating from the subject.The subject here is FASHION and I repeat without any apologes,I should Know.She can either take my opinions and work with it or she can junk them.It was all in good faith.I think she will find that I have done her more favour than you.pointing out the flaws are not my favourite thing to do but I have to be honest and if I shut up she might never detect d them and make necesary corrections. Would you honestly say the workmanship on this is top end? No need to get sentimental about this.By the way who are kidding with “I never comment”,yeah right

Jide is partially right, but the designs are great, and the garments seem to be wearing the model in some CASES. Overall I’d give a PASS MARK

31. Crazebabe

February 12, 2011 at 7:20 pm

ebi aka sabi sabi wats the meaning of copyin and pasting jide comment and then saying bla bla bla at the end. by the way i dont see any garment wearin any model here. it fits perfectly are the dresses supposed to be sticking to her skin like chewing gum and hair?! give the designer a break y’all pls! Nigerians and their I TOO KNOW attitude. Jide go to the market and buy materials, come and cut it and sew it so we see your own. dont come and blow grammer that is all error filled here. I have said my own, appreciate the dresses and walk away. na only to criticize some people sabi tshew!!!

32. ngum

February 12, 2011 at 9:20 pm

love the silk dress. this is a departure from her glamorous chic. not sure i like it as much as the others but it has some really stylish pieces.

33. asa

February 12, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Beautiful collection though am not keen on baggy pants,love the playsuit and dresses

34. ruchylicious

February 12, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Dis is jst sooooo beautyful. She really outdid herself dis tyme. Kai! Sooooooo classy

35. Funmie

February 13, 2011 at 12:05 am

I’m worried dat dese designs are made for specific body types as illustrated in the pictures… So lemme jejely respect myself and get to stepping…

36. ij

February 13, 2011 at 1:45 am

nice pieces but I personally thing they could have gone for a more shapely model

37. gbeborun

February 13, 2011 at 11:00 am

Wow wow wow,love the colors great for spring.I think the clothes will suit any body shape/size,people have to realize that these are sample sizes that the slim model is wearing. Just my opinion.

38. Harriet

February 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm

The colours are indeed beautiful and they hint at romance, seduction and fun. Though I am not a fan of baggy pants but with the right body size you can get away looking fabulous. The fabrics ooze feminity and we need more designers to encourage women to look sexy.Thumbs up to Folake!

39. mii

February 14, 2011 at 8:50 am

this is simply beautiful!

40. Doll

February 14, 2011 at 2:19 pm

nice

41. Jade

February 14, 2011 at 3:11 pm

i have always been a fan of wide legs any day in what ever form, love the colours and concept.

42. Toriola

February 14, 2011 at 3:19 pm

At least the collection is cohesive, and most of us can imagine ourselves in some of these clothes. Tiffany Amber has always been very practical with her vision. that’s why she is so successful and she will always be successful. Don’t get me wrong, its totally okay to cut dresses that replicate spaceship or a fighter jet and as much as we would give you A for creativity, most won’t buy that stuff and put it on…that’s just the reality of it. Unless you are at Fashion week in Milan or tailoring for lady gaga and nicki minaj, one sleeve jacket and ventilated bustier tops are just rather odd and no one is going to waste their money on that. take note all aspiring designers

43. changing faces

February 14, 2011 at 3:30 pm

i like…

44. lol

February 14, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I concur…nice pieces, keep it up TAN!

45. yeh i said it1

February 15, 2011 at 3:11 am

Umm yeh tht model looks exactly like the babe in paul play’s delicious vid. Good collection very comfortable yet stylish looking pieces.

46. THE AMAKA

February 15, 2011 at 9:52 am

I like! fun and flirty….now we are all just waiting on Jewel By Lisa to show us what she’s got!

47. Amaka

February 15, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Some of those grammy folks should have worn some of these clothes and maybe they wouldn’t have looked like imitation exiles from Yaba left!

48. chichi

February 16, 2011 at 10:09 pm

i see myself wearing all these pieces, really nice

49. ujunwa ifeanyi

February 22, 2011 at 7:11 pm

D collections are over killing.very nice,sweet lovily I am dieing to av 1.

50. duntex

February 23, 2011 at 12:34 pm

loving every peice

51. Hesey

March 2, 2011 at 11:46 am

beautiful collection…in one word WHOA!!!

52. eagle eye

May 12, 2011 at 1:27 am

Jide said it all for me, no bad feelings . I was glad when i saw jide talking obviously from a fashion industry eye. Other opininion are either sentimental or purely individual style. Overall they are ok, i have seen her put up more flawless collection. Lastly, for d collection introductory write up…this was quite captivating, i was holding my breath to unveal d collections with my eyes… quite dissapointed. She could be better, she’s done effortless flawless collection be4, this one isn’t her best.

53. john abdul mbarkee

May 13, 2011 at 1:00 am

Creative and casual.

54. AAA

August 19, 2011 at 7:10 pm

i’m guessing the lepas are happy and d orobos are upset….lol