News

Nollywood Glam shines as “Damage” premieres in the UK – Photos of Uche Jombo, Tonto Dikeh & All the Stars at the Event

BellaNaija.com

After the successful world premiere in Lagos, Uche Jombo‘s new movie “Damage” moved over to the UK for a cinema premiere tour.
First up, the “Damage” cast and crew celebrated the launch of the movie in Manchester on Thursday 25th of August 2011; Then on Friday, they headed to London for the grand UK premiere. The weekend ended the two more showings – in Coventry and Birmingham on Saturday the 27th and Sunday the 28th of August respectively.

The London premiere of “Damage” was a glam affair – Uche Jombo, Tonto Dikeh, Monalisa Chinda, Kalu Ikeagwu, Rukky Sanda, Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha and many more stars were in attendance.

Check out photos below.

Uche Jombo in Meena

Tonto Dikeh

Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha

UT

Moses Inwang - Director, "Damage"

Kalu Ikeagwu

1. KYLE

August 29, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Yay!

2. sussy ddiva

August 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm

first 2 comment.lol…

3. uche gal well done, i love ur dress and she kinda looks tall there cos of its length, way to go gal, lol

4. Teegold

August 29, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Nice!!!

5. lola

August 29, 2011 at 1:54 pm

tonto wat r u wearing o. must rukky sandra wear club dresses to premier, she needs to learn dat dere is a differences between club and a premier

• jay

August 29, 2011 at 2:03 pm

nne, ‘…a DIFFERENCES’??? there’s also a difference between singular and plural o! Lol

• jackie

August 29, 2011 at 8:23 pm

AT LEAST SHE LOOKS CLEAN …FOR ONCE!

• Someone

August 30, 2011 at 11:34 am

Make Nigeria make pidgin english official joor

• ha ha ha

September 1, 2011 at 9:03 am

even with pidgin english …. a differences is not ACCEPTABLE…. it is a #gbagaun in all languages…

6. hauwa

August 29, 2011 at 2:03 pm

love monalisa’s dress. to die for and she looks fit too.

7. Anonymous

August 29, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Monalisa looks AMAZING.. Love Chioma too…x

8. Lue

August 29, 2011 at 2:18 pm

chai chai!! LWKM

9. stella

August 29, 2011 at 2:22 pm

nice outfits

10. http://diaryofsnw.blogspot.com/

August 29, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Monalisa is stunning

11. Aibee

August 29, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Go Uche, Go Uche, Go Uche. You rock! Tonto eh. Tonto Dike oh. What on earth are you wearing? This is taking menswear overboard. Abi na you serve champagne for the party? Monalisa looking hawt. Kalu Ikeagwu, I still think you are a fine dude.

12. Enwongo cleopas

August 29, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I’m happy for uche. I’m glad to see the likes of moses inwang. Emem isong and glory edet. Good movie producers. Tonto’s dress is kind of cool but funny in a way. They all look beautiful in their own rights.

13. Ms sexy

August 29, 2011 at 2:38 pm

yeee what r these girls using to lose weight o…i need i beg…see chioma, see monalisa, i beg oooo i wan lose weight…even Emem Issong self don pack up….nollywood i beg we for outsidewood needs to lose some flesh too

14. jonathan dr skilz samuel

August 29, 2011 at 2:43 pm

nollywood as come of age wif the premiere of damage had the opportunity of seeeing the movie….’a mindblowing movie

15. Chinwe

August 29, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Monalisa, words cant describe exactly how you look- muah! muah!! muah!!! even Tonto isnt left out, i like her outfit.

16. stella

August 29, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Uche, Monalisa and Chioma u ladies look take away, what is Tonto wearing for crying out loud? Rukky sandy pls change ur style.

17. Temi

August 29, 2011 at 2:55 pm

is it me or is Rukky getting lighter?

18. naa

August 29, 2011 at 3:01 pm

i have never seen rukky smiling in any of her pictures. in this pix she realli look like any woman.UCHE u are so amazing.

19. amyi11

August 29, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Chioma u look good…….

20. jwezee

August 29, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Ok uche looking fab. Tonto needs help got the whole Janelle monae look wrong. Haba!

21. Lucy

August 29, 2011 at 3:11 pm

@ Aibee and Lola: Tonto Dike’s outfit is classy. It’s so obvious you guys are not aware of the current fashion trends!

• Straight4ward

August 29, 2011 at 10:53 pm

@Lucy: Madame “aware of current fashion trends”, there are specific dress codes for specific events, so please shut up!….She might as well have worn a bum short to an elegant red carpet event since it’s trendy!.. Tonto Dike is just a totally confused wannabe, who tries so hard and always gets it very wrong!

• ke-zu

September 3, 2011 at 4:33 pm

it is not about the fashion trend but about the style!now if you did know bout fashion you’ll know that trends come and go but style is what remains and makes you stand out! tonto dikeh is an obvious “trend slave”

22. Luvlyn

August 29, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Is dat a red carpet or red fabric on d floor?? *blank stare*… D back drop shud have bn something oda dan an advert board. But Uche jumbo looks absolutely FAB in dat red dress. So well suited 4 her. Tonto’s waiter look is beyond me. Well done on d movie!! Cheers!!

23. Lola

August 29, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Monalisa looks great.

24. Luvlyn

August 29, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Monalisa looks fantastic but I c d bubble-head-syndrome( head bigger dan her body). UT chic looks good as well. Althou I love uche’s dress, she neva gets her hair ryt!!

25. jade

August 29, 2011 at 3:34 pm

oh my gosh look at monlisa,her dress is amazing plus shes so beauifulllllllllllll!

26. sophie

August 29, 2011 at 3:36 pm

NICE!!!

27. nich

August 29, 2011 at 3:38 pm

uche is seriously at her very best at the moment…she also seem unstopable

28. NNENNE

August 29, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Way to go Uche !!!!!! Chioma, you are still my lady.Kalu Ikeagwu, I would have put in an application if I was not married. All of you rock.

29. Naveah

August 29, 2011 at 4:11 pm

LWKMD @ Ms. Sexy’s “Outsidewood”

Tonto Dikeh, are you looking for a second job as a bar tender? You would make a very sexy bar tender but please, not on the red carpet, dear.

Rukky Sanda – girl!Girlllllllllllllll NO! I reiterate what someone has already said, stop wearing club appropriate clothes to red carpet events. And do lay off the “skin toning” cream, you are giving the zebras a run for their money besides, these creams make you susceptible to skin cancer, please it’s not worth it, nne.

Emem Isong – these dark colors are not flattering. I know you think dark colors make you slimmer but please believe me when I tell you that bright colors can be a big girl’s best friend especially a dark complected one.

Mona Lisa has got to slow down on the weight loss, slow the hell down. I am not calling her out of her name but fact is she has a big head and compared to her new body, she will start looking like a bubble head doll IF she doesn’t stop. It isn’t everyone who is meant to be a size 2, she wasn’t right at a 14 but she would be best at a size 6 definitely NOT a 4 which is where she is right about now. Her friends are bigging her up but if they are good friends, they will tell her to hold it right where she is or tag on 5 lbs more to balance herself out well.

30. Graceful

August 29, 2011 at 4:12 pm

everyone looking HOT except Rukky Sanda…this babe has expired abeg!!!

31. AmaO98

August 29, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Wow this looks great. Monalisa lost alot of weight

32. Nma

August 29, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Love Uche’s dress, but nna mehn….Monalisa Chinda just morphed into a gorgeous fashionista right in front of our very own eyes o! Its either her ex hubby was arranging her old wardrobe or her divorce did her well!

33. MumyZee

August 29, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Wat a rumpled red carpet..watapin naaa?? *Luv ur look UT!!

34. chi chi

August 29, 2011 at 5:04 pm

weldone to Uche, she has really tried with this her movie. O Rukkie! ill-fitting, undersized body-con dress on the red carpet? seriously? take a leave from Uche, get a clue!, Generally, it looks kinda boring *sorry*, the Lagos premier was way better.

35. oSinakachi

August 29, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Na wah I need the info on their weight loss secrets but they all look good I must say

36. zee

August 29, 2011 at 5:18 pm

WOAH! Monalisa has lost alot of weight

37. SeeN

August 29, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Bravo Uche… Sorry but Tonto looks silly… Guess her rolling with madam coco couture ( queen of silly looks) is starting to effect her….. Yes Uche’s red dress makes her look taller… Kudos to Meena….

38. SeeN

August 29, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Affect*

39. dlapikin

August 29, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Uche Jombo is just stunning!
    – From the look of things that Dejo Richard fella had to go because since the divorce Monalisa has just been beaming! Her choice of clothes , hair and make-up has been on point!
    -This is the best I’ve seen Rucky sanda, Club wear or not. I am still not a fan….
    -Tonto, Cocktail waitress and Librarian love child, She looks more like whe is going to costume party than someone who just dressed masculine… SHe sheould have picked a different Bow: Maybe an ascot black with sequins or a different jacket… She is cute but it is a fail…
    – Emem Isong needs help! Naybe she should get a leaf off Adaora Ukoh just cause you are plus-sied doesn’t mean you have to look unpolished. She always wears these weird dressed that look ill-fitted and un-pretty. Some wanna-be stylist should definitely give her free consultation for publicity or something because I am annoyed every time I see her: such a talented woman that can’t seem to put a decent outfit together… uugghh

40. mee2

August 29, 2011 at 7:42 pm

tonto dikeh, get tips from janelle monae on d androgenis look cos you look like a waitress at d premiere.monalisa chinda looks fabulous

41. Kay-cee

August 29, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Pls where’s Alex Lopez?hope they ain’t having issues

42. steve

August 29, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Tonto is just out of thus world. Wao!!

43. Jones

August 29, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Hope who is not having issues with Lopez? Why is this Important here please?

44. Tiki

August 29, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I got mad love for u, Uche, but ur hair did u wrong gurl! Chioma looking hawt (as always) and hubba hubba! Monalisa on fire!
    That said, I need to watch this movie!

45. iTawa

August 29, 2011 at 9:33 pm

LWKM4H o @ d supposed red carpet #totalfail! Luvin’ Monalisa’s dress, she looks amazing! Chioma looks great 2! Uche looks aii but not all that…sorry! Tonto Dikeh, hmm I think I’m kinda diggin’ her Janelle Monae look but I agree she does look like a waitress lmaooooo. Can someone pls tell Rukky Sanda or woreva she calls herself to coverup those -out legs… ewwwwwww! Overall, I’ll give the premiere a B.

46. chexbarbie

August 29, 2011 at 10:59 pm

my point exactly,uche jumbo try another hair stylist cos u’re stepping up on ur dressing. tonto looks stunning. thats d fashion trend now for all u slackers. munalisa kudos to u,i’m impressed. the UT chic looks fab. uuurrrhhmm sanda rukky cut d – look. there are better ways to look classy and sexy at d same time.

47. Laydeelarz

August 29, 2011 at 11:53 pm

For me…
    Best lookin overall- Monalisa Chinda
    Most innovative- Tonto Dikeh
    Biggest flop (aka wtf)- Rukky Sanda
    PS- did Chioma inherit Monalisa’s lost weight?

48. coolcat

August 30, 2011 at 12:09 am

I hate to say this but my word, divorce definitely did monalisa good. All u ladies in unhappy abusive marriages, I’m not saying leave him but there just might be a better future ahead!

Why does it look like uche and chioma had a same clothier dress them? Same dull, wrinkly fabric though well fitting. This weight loss secret in nollywood is amazing o, even chioma is looking svelte. Emem isongobviously didn’t get the memo!

Absolutely adore tonto’s look. She doesn’t need any lessons from janelle monae(who I think looks silly). I love that tonto paired it with sexy glittery pumps so u knw she’s a diva through and through. The look is edgy, crisp, dork chic and downright fashion forward. Everyone can do colour blocking but I dare anyone to do men’s wear inspired. The small bow tie is d right way to do it and tapered pants for that extra sex appeal. Best look in my book!

Monalisa, u look so good I had to mention u 2ce but I don’t understand d plunge on this dress. Is it a deeeeeep V she held together with a pin(lol) or is the dress that deconstructed? I’ve neva seen such a dress sha so u get max points for originality. Hair also pulled back so focus is on flawless face and dress!

Seems like they get better stylists when they’re away, all but ruKky sanda who looks like a waitress. Herve Leger is not for all body types especially when its a knock-off. Love her weight loss tho!
    @temi, rukky lighter? Darker u mean, her skin is now immune to hydroquinone after extensive damage. Mama bleaching cream!

Impressive, naija divas repping lagos well. And to uche, u are truly differentiating yourself from your peers!

49. o

August 30, 2011 at 2:44 am

I like what tonto dikeh is wearing. She looks sharp. I really like it.

• Tochi

August 31, 2011 at 8:31 pm

same here, she rocked it

50. Micheal

August 30, 2011 at 3:25 am

I tot i was the only one who saw it. The red carpet is a seriously like a red fabric..messed up the glamour in the pictures..UK pshew, even for naija we put some excellent touches to our red carpet.na wa gosh!!

51. Mabel

August 30, 2011 at 4:04 am

All these fake hair look like a darn rat nest. I can’t with Uche and the sucking in the stomach to take the pics, just get a spanx or body magic and relax. I like that Tonto chose an alter ego look for the evening. I see Rukky working hard to channel a seductress, Fail!. Look like they were having fun.

52. AJCiti

August 30, 2011 at 4:29 am

I love Tonto Dikeh, shes one bad mama jamma, and definitely best dressed on the red carpet!

53. The Amaha

August 30, 2011 at 5:28 am

Abeg somebori deliver me Moses Inwang’s #! Fine guy!

54. HILLY

August 30, 2011 at 7:33 am

CHIOMA!!!!! is the real definition of a woman. She dresses to suit her age. Very well put together always. Monalisa has emerged into a mind blowing diva. Uche is doin well, her dresses are on point.

55. Onyx

August 30, 2011 at 8:40 am

Uche – you look really good in that dress but the hair… should have done a bit more wt the hair. Still look good, though
    Tonto – I get where you were going wt this but that shirt’s too plain. Shoes, pants & belt were on point, should have lost the waistcoat and gone wt something else to spark the look off & give you THAT edge.
    Chioma – good colour & fit, altogether not bad.
    UT – Fabness
    Kalu – I have no idea who you are but … you’re a hottie
    Emem – for once, I cant complain, you look well put together.
    Monalisa – dayum, girl, you’ve stepped the heck up! I approve
    Glory – It was working for me and then I saw your shoes. Why? That jumpsuit, clutch and belt were so on point, some gold sandals would’ve been perfect.
    Rukky – you look lost, like you turned up at the wrong party…

56. Nice Anon

August 30, 2011 at 9:50 am

Uche looks good

57. Nollywood Forever

August 30, 2011 at 10:41 am

Why can’t we see more pictures of Tonto… you can barely see her face in that one. So sorry I missed this. Would have loved to have seen it.

58. Written

August 30, 2011 at 11:25 am

Oh boy! Saw Mona Lisa at the Julius Agwu comedy thingie and she is H.O.T. Full Stop. Can’t believe its that same girl that used to do the one braid on weave thing. Even the hubby was like wow! Keep it up babes.

Chioma looks nice too.

59. Ifeoma-adiagwuagwu

August 30, 2011 at 12:19 pm

mon dieu – una look good o. I’m serious.. 🙂

60. Fairy GodSister

August 30, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Glam!!!! Whooo!!!!! Our ladies rocked!!! Monalisa stole the night as far as I am concerned, scoring major points for the design of her dress, and the pony tail the braids were packed in, bringing out the beauty of moderately made up face!

Everyone else looked nice, and in spite of myself I like Tonto’s look. Congratulations to Uche on the premiere, welcome to the big league!

61. Lamzy

August 31, 2011 at 7:27 am

I’m sooooo in luv wiv Tonto Dike’s outfit and is it me or Monalisa luks slimmer?she looks gud though.

62. Luvlyn

August 31, 2011 at 11:23 am

Y’ll shud check out pic no.6… D background looks like dey stapled newspapers together and stuck it on d wall. ATROCIOUS!!! So low budget!!
    I took a closer look at mona’s dress and I don’t like it at all. I don’t get wats going on wif d top, a bit messy!! Oh well!! Its my opinion!!

63. bella

August 31, 2011 at 12:37 pm

forgot to mention for Tonto – you lost the plot! SMDH!!!

64. Lil miss sunshine

August 31, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Rukky looks clean today. Monalisa looks divine

65. jane daniels

August 31, 2011 at 6:27 pm

this is beautiful

66. cathy

August 31, 2011 at 6:45 pm

oh la la

67. lil mama

September 7, 2011 at 4:05 pm

uche u look very beautiful n d i really love ur dress.

68. thetruth

September 7, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Ok, I shall say this only once, Rukky Sanda go and buy some cocoa butter for those knees abeg. It is getting embarrassing jo.
    Was Tonto there as a waitress abi that getup na new fashion?

69. sonia sam

September 8, 2011 at 11:01 am

pls wt iz tonto dikeh carryn on her hair? sponge???

70. Cynthia

September 9, 2011 at 11:31 am

Rukky Sanda and Tonto Dikeh need an upgrade in the style department. So lacking in grace and demure-ness (if such word exist!)

71. extemy

October 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm

For me i tink tonto looks nyc even if am not a fan,chioma looks gud,monalisa also was on point even if d front design is a bit confusing…uche also looks gud n rukky i reserve my comment!