News

Adewunmi Oyekanmi’s Ordeal at the Beat 99.9FM, Olisa Adibua’s Apology – What Happens Next?

We were shocked over the weekend when the news of the assault against Adewunmi Oyekanmi, a news editor by Olisa Adibua, Programme Director with the Beat 99.9FM in Lagos came to light via Linda Ikeji’s Blog, Stella Dimoko-Korkus’s Blog and TheNetNg.com

According to an eye-witness account of events via Linda Ikeji’s Blog;

Olisa Adibua, who is the Programmes Director for Beat 99.9 Fm and Naija FM and an OAP on Beat 99.9 Fm (Morning Rush – every morning Monday – Friday), came back to the office from the industry night event which he attended, found Adewunmi Oyekanmi, who is the night news editor at Naija Fm, sleeping on the couch and attacked him.

The young university undergraduate decided to catch some rest after doing his duties as a night news editor. Prior to the incident he had been warned by Olisa not to sleep on the couch in the office, and on this fateful early morning, he decided to catch a few winks. According to Dewunmi, he was woken by a heavy object hitting his head. Opening his eyes, he saw Olisa raining blows on him, kicking him and even smashed his phone on the ground, trampling it with his heel. Olisa also ripped his shirt off his body and kicked him off the premises of the office by 3am in the morning. Dewunmi was at the security post when members of staff resumed at dawn.

Below are the official statements from the Beat 99.9FM, the victim – Adewunmi Oyekanmi and the perpertrator – Olisa Adibua.

Adewunmi Oyekanmi

Olisa Adibua

The Beat 99.9FM’s Official Statement
The attention of the management of THE BEAT 99.9FM has been drawn to widespread online and social media reports, regarding an unfortunate incident that occurred between two members of our staff on THE BEAT FM 99.9 FM premises in the early hours of Thursday September 8, 2011.

The management team can confirm that there was an altercation between our Programmes Director Olisa Adibua and our editor Adewunmi Oyekanmi. We are fully investigating the incident and have placed Olisa Adibua on a four-week suspension as a precautionary measure while he cooperates fully with the investigation. Adewunmi Oyekanmi is also assisting us with the investigation.

As a responsible organisation, the management of THE BEAT 99.9FM condemns any form of violence, assault and abuse, and, will not condone any such act by ANY member of staff.
The BEAT of Lagos event that occurred on the 9th of September, in which Olisa co-hosted with our other BEAT 99.9 presenters, was a jointly staged event with a partner. This partner was made aware of the situation and still requested that we honour the existing contract with his firm which stated that all presenters, including Olisa Adibua, be present at the event.

We assure our listeners, friends, partners and all concerned parties that decisive actions will be taken, and enforced. The management of the BEAT 99.9FM is already putting in place measures to prevent a repeat of such an unfortunate incident.

The Management
THE BEAT 99.9FM

Adewunmi Oyekanmi’s Official Statement
My name is Adewunmi Oyekanmi, news editor with the Beat 99.9 Fm.

An incident occurred at my work place within the early hours of the 8th of Sep 2011 between myself and another member of staff which has been blown out of proportion in the media.

I have been wrongfully quoted in various blogs and magazines, but this will be my first official statement and the last, so please disregard anything you might have seen, heard or read.

The incident in question has been dealt with to my satisfaction by the Management of Megalectrics, operators of The Beat 99.9 Fm, in a swift and conclusive manner.

The member of staff (Mr Olisa Adibua) with whom I had the altercation with, has duly apologized most sincerely and I have accepted, based on the fact that since I started working at the station, my relationship with the said party has always been cordial and friendly.

In reference to a purported conversation between myself and an undercover reporter, I’d like to state categorically that I have never had a phone conversation or granted any interview to any media or reporter.
What transpired was an internal matter which was leaked into the public domain to create division within our corporate entity. I refuse to be used as a pawn or be labelled ‘the voiceless or oppressed’.

Megalectrics, the operators of the beat 99.9fm employed me in the capacity of news editor in July 2010, and ever since I have had no cause to complain about the working environment, my colleagues or superiors.
We operate an open system where everyone is free to speak their minds, regardless of rank of hierarchy.
Once again, I’d like to reiterate that the matter has been resolved and the member of staff has apologized for the altercation we had.

In conclusion, I would like this issue to be extinguished so I can get back to my normal every day life, as the recent publications and rumors circulating have put a strain on my family and private life.
I would like to thank the management and staff of Megalectrics for the swift and decisive response to the matter. I would also like to thank everyone who showed concern. I’d like to reassure you that I am okay and in good health as is confirmed by my attached photo.

These are my final words on the subject.

Thank you very much and God bless.

Olisa Adibua’s Official Statement
As has been widely reported I was involved in an altercation with a work colleague during the week. I am deeply regretful of what transpired and have taken full responsibility for my actions. I have privately apologized to my colleague, the team that I work with and I am taking this opportunity to apologize to the public at large.
As humans we all make mistakes and I made a major one which is completely out of character. I over reacted to a situation and that is something that will never repeat itself.

Despite being at the centre of a media feeding frenzy, I’ve been silent in order to allow the organization, to which I’m affiliated with and at who’s premises the incident occurred, to carry out its investigations and come to a conclusion but most importantly to allow the aggrieved party (Mr. Adewunmi Oyekanmi) time to accept my heartfelt apology.

While the events have been distorted, I am very apologetic about the situation but picking holes in the media reports or pointing out the falsehoods will not be useful, however, any kind of loss of control is not excusable and I have since tendered an unreserved apology to ‘Dewunmi. I have always preached against violence and so this is a time for some reflection. Again, I apologize and I thank ‘Dewunmi for accepting my apology.

I would like to thank the hundreds of people who called me and those who sent in messages
For more than 20years now, I’ve operated in the Electronic media sector without a blemish but by this action, I have let myself down and most importantly I’ve let Family, Friends and the millions of people who look up to me, down.”
To those who have been clamoring for my response, I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you very much and God Bless.

Olisa Adibua

****
The fact that this incident took place within a 21st century Nigerian workplace is absolutely mind boggling. It raises so many issues about the rights of Nigerians in and out of the workplace. Shocking violence against employees is rife in domestic environments; For example, read through any weekend edition of a Nigerian newspaper and you will find stories of househelps being tortured and drivers being slapped around. The incidences seem to be getting more frequent or maybe they are just being reported after years of silence…In the formal Nigerian workplace, we have heard stories of extreme bullying and harassment which seems to have escalated to violence.

Kudos to social media including the bloggers and “tweeters” who compelled the stakeholders to apologize. That said, if this truly happened as described, is an apology enough?

1. Anita

September 12, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Hmm.. I’m first.. Ok.. :D.. I’ll be back to comment later.. OLISA.. OLISA… Hmm.. Smh

• nony

September 12, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Nony…….the fact still remains adewunmi was bullied,its ok you forgave him shaa

2. Nnamdi

September 12, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Is an apology enough you ask, i would say probably. But then, what more do we want. The dude ain’t pressing charges so let’s all drop the issue. If the party involved decides to return to his private life with a face photoshop won’t hide, then so be it.

3. zainab

September 12, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Well done BN! mmph where to start…olisa,this is not the first time reports of mega-gross indiscipline on the part of a so-called “media-elder” i.e YOU sir,has been reported…but this..THIS!…man…YOU NEED HELP!!!.I can almost feel dewunmis’ fear in his letter…the tone is more apologetic than anything and I think that says a lot about the lay of the land…SMH.Beat FM…restitution had better be appropriate cos this stinks to the heavens and beyond…just wrong!!!..so upset

4. cathy

September 12, 2011 at 12:21 pm

it’s too bad what he did, apology after all what did ba? he must be crazy

5. Turn turn turner

September 12, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I don’t buy Adewunmi’s statement. I smell duress and undue influence.

In complete irony to what his statement tried to achieve, he really does seem like “the oppressed”.

Either way, I marvel at the stories my friends in the Nigerian workplace tell me. The bullying is unbelievable and worse still, unapologetic and openly practised. Time for more stringent labor laws to be enacted and enforced.

• Annabel

September 12, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Yup. You hit the nail on the head. He sounds like a frightened chicken.

6. Toyin

September 12, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Olisa should be fired to set an example. He should also be pulled from Glo Naija Sings as he is not a role model that young people should emulate. He needs to go for counseling and so does the victim

7. Ayo

September 12, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Yeah, I’ve always felt there was something more sinister underneath that “friendly” exterior….

8. Fashion police

September 12, 2011 at 12:37 pm

THERE IS A TRAIN WRECK IN LAGOS AND THAT TRAIN WRECK IS OLISAAAAAAAA! THESE ARE YOUR WORDS AND IT IS BACK TO YOU.

• .....

September 12, 2011 at 2:08 pm

honestly men he is certainly the train wreck!! heard him say that on glo naija sings and am like ‘dis guy is certainly a simon cowell wannabe’.

9. wanda

September 12, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Look at his head…agbalumo..if olisa had injured him severely would he have accepted an apology?I bet this aint the first time,olisa must have been slapping people before now.after a night of alomo,a fellow colleague beats you silly and goes about his business and then you open ur fat lips to say you have accepted a mere apology…he for commot your eye naah..mumu

• Tito

September 12, 2011 at 3:30 pm

[email protected] na true talk u talk,Adewunmi for wait make dem commot him eyes first b4 he go wake [email protected] Olisa should kiss our natural black a… with his [email protected] so f..k what,ppl who went to Eton College have more anger management and I can assure u dey don’t beat ppl up for sleeping or attack ppl the coward way (when sleeping) so wake up b4 some body (Like Olisa) beat up too and @eveey i luv me too for do as u do lol..Olisa must be made to face the music .

10. nankling

September 12, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Olisa has a bad habit which is a short temper. I also noticed his bad attitude on Naija sings yesterday commenting in a very bad way as rublish absolute rubblish! Olisa is absolute rubblish and he should be FIRED!!!!! He is not gud for reality TV….

11. Damn!!

September 12, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Olisa is used to having his way so I’m sure this came as a rude shock to him. When i read his apology,i actually felt for him because the Olisa I know is a very proud man and for anyone to have typed that on his behalf,he sure had a bit of remorse.. But to be candid,i think Beat FM should have fired him,let’s turn the table around a little. Let’s assume it was Adewunmi who beat Olisa up,what would have happened? The aftermath of this incident sure won’t be good,Olisa,i hope you’ve braced yourself up for that?

12. rich

September 12, 2011 at 1:10 pm

to drink tipsy na – up…abi na ganja?

13. skibo lee johnson

September 12, 2011 at 1:14 pm

That – olisa is so lucky……….to mess with a calm guy like dewunmi.I swear to GOD who made me olisa will not go scot free after this incident.That arrogant pig has no respect for any1 (i know what i am saying…)retaliation is a MUST.olisa pls from now on watch ur back.we r coming for u.Lunatic

14. mo johnson

September 12, 2011 at 1:17 pm

OLISA …………………….SMH, this is bbad 4 beat fm oh all this writeups is superstory….

15. Me real

September 12, 2011 at 1:21 pm

This is really crazy. How could u disfigure someone’s face like dis and say an apology is enuf. If u could do dis den u could do worse… nawa o

16. http://mynaijalifestyle.blogspot.com

September 12, 2011 at 1:25 pm

dis his particular apology is not enough cos it doesnt in anyway sound truly repentant. even if he is repentant den he shld b willing to face his punishment in a court rather dan forcing d victim to sign papers dat keeps him mute 4 life.

sha, i know d most important tin, if man hand no catch u, God hand everly evrly must catch u & it is even worse dan man’s hand cos na who wan save u wen God don vex 4u? ur own don end b dat!
    mtscheew!

17. samsie

September 12, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Beat FM pls be ashamed for forcing this young chap to write that sorry mess of a statement
    Nonsense ..olisa must be disciplined!!!
    Beating someone up!he’s a yellow headed gliomatic fool.

• awizii

September 12, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Gbamentations 1:1

18. Tolu

September 12, 2011 at 1:35 pm

All the ‘so called statements’ including Adewunmi’s and Olisa’s were written by the BEAT’s PR people. The so called apology isn’t sincere as Olisa obviously didn’t write it. Dude isn’t intelligent enough to come up with such a write up. Apology my black african behind..this isn’t the first time he’s been involved with ish like this, he was just caught this time and should be held responsible and accountable.4 week suspension..yeah right(with full benefits) that’s a paid vacation. The oaf needs to know that he’s not above the law. What if Adewunmi had slipped into a coma from the beat down. Dude needs to learn a lesson,he should be removed from Glo naija sings and placed on Indefinite suspension from the BEAT fm. He should be used as a scape goat so that any other person in any organisation that wants to try thesame thing will think twice. If nothing is done to him other people can as well do the same thing knowing at the back of their minds that all they need do is apologise afterwards, where does that leave the victim. If an apology is all they’ll get they probably wouldn’t speak up if they get assaulted and battered. you guys shouldn’t let this be swept under the carpet. Let’s stand up for change and be the change we want to see. It starts with seemingly little things like these.

19. Odior

September 12, 2011 at 1:37 pm

i dont still get this..what right do bosses have to beat of staff for God sakes………this is so said, i am dissapointed in Olisa sha

20. Joseph

September 12, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Simply looking at Olisa one can see that the guy is fake.Look at his boy O boy hair style.He pretends to be sophisticated and polish.But it is all a facade.He is bush,primitive and should be banished from the glare of the public.He needs to go for a quick rehab.He needs it urgently.He has embarrassed the organisation.They should send him for a comprehensive mental check up.The fellow might be mental.A stitch in time saves nine !

21. Dee dee

September 12, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Please get olisa the help he needs fast! Poor dewunmi is sooooooooooo scared, I can feel it in his letter. Olisa you need to get off your high horse ASAP!

22. Scatter d Moroco

September 12, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Anita pls dnt shake your head….. Both parties have settled this issues amicably. who are we to judge?

23. Eva

September 12, 2011 at 1:56 pm

That is why Nigeria will not PROGRESS….bosses have no RESPECT for their underlings. I am not even surprised at people who hire assassins to kill their bosses….who wouldnt after been maltreated worse than a dog. How can a grown ass man beat up someone unprovoked and for what? SLEEPING? Are you kidding me?
    This Olisa is lucky is not me. Because if it is, that is yellow face will be hanging very close to the yellow mango tree by his house. RUBBISH.
    That apology is the equivalent to the rotten yam sold to me by the market woman…unapologetic and stupid.

24. TOLUU

September 12, 2011 at 2:00 pm

olisa should be fired and chareged for assault. olisa GOD IS WATCHING YOU keep that in mind. suckerrrrrr

25. Tease

September 12, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I’m highly skeptical about the genuineness of Adewunmi’s statement. His decision appears to have been heavily influenced by monetary compensation, coupled with deceptive persuasions by the high ranking staff to keep Olisa on board for fear of the station’s ratings taking a nose dive.
    The ordeal of a superior misusing his power to oppress the vulnerable minority, students, teenagers is an abberation in the work force.
    Its just sad to learn that no punishment will be imposed on Olisa and I sense a reiteration of this event on the path of Olisa # sigh.. When will work force oppression stop?

26. Me real

September 12, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Honestly i got to leave dis page rite now. Im upset! This is really annoying.. If dis crazy Olisa remains d host for Naijasings, i swear i would never watch it again. He should be barned. Asshole!!

27. Nonilizing

September 12, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Umm…I’m only gonna say this once, look at the log in your own eyes before judging another oh!

@Joseph -Olisa Adibuah is VERY INTELLIGENT! He is a genius at what he does. He went to Eton College for goodness sake! Did you?

@Tolu: It is customary in businesses if there is an altercation or issues with a company to have to people involved in the incident and the PR write statements.

@ everyone: this is an issue that was dealt with. someone leaked it to the media

FINALLY, IF THERE WAS NO OLISA ADIBUAH, WHERE WOULD RADIO JOURNALISM AND ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY BE IN NIGERIA IN THE 21ST CENTURY? CAN YOU ALL FOR ONCE SIT BACK AND ACTUALLY REALISE HOW YOU WOULD GET EXCITED TO ATTEND A BEAT 99.9FM EVENT OR LISTEN TO HIS SHOW? NOT TO TALK ABOUT LISTENING TO MUSIC FROM THE STORM CREW?

PEOPLE HAVE ISSUES, AND NIGERIANS ARE ALWAYS PREACHING AND PRAYING AND FASTING, GOING TO CHURCH AND SAYING GOD SAYS TO FORGIVE. CAN YOU ALL FORGIVE AND NOT JUDGE? BIBLE SAYS DO NOT JUDGE LEST YE BE JUDGED!

AND THE FACT IS THAT YOU CANNOT DENY THE TRUTH: OLISA ADIBUAH IS GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES. PERIOD. HE WILL SORT OUT HIMSELF. YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LISTEN TO THE BEAT 99.9FM.

• Naya

September 12, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Going to Eton is neither here nor there luv. Fact of the matter is that such bullish behaviour should not be condoned at the workplace and neither should it be condoned at home. Whether it’s by a “celebrity” or Mr Joe Bloggs.

The Beat FM will continue to flourish with/without Olisa. What is wrong, is wrong and it’s not a case of people having issues/people removing log’s from their eyes before casting stones. End of story.

• Nengi

September 12, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Your comment indicates one of two things; you’re underage and therefore very naive (in which case you can be forgiven) or you are extremely shortsighted and dull-witted.
      Not everyone who went to Eaton is intelligent, if you had any sense, you would know that to make a generalization like that is to propagate your own level of senselessness.
      Even if he was intelligent as you put it, intelligence is not limited to academic prowess, it encompasses social graces too, and the ability to control one’s emotions and ensure a balance of the ID and super ego. This is clearly not a trait Olisa possesses. What he did was extremely appalling and to excuse it on any grounds is to support it.
      Perhaps you should think carefully before you pledge your allegiance
      (as I said, if you are below 18, then I forgive you)

• Temi

September 12, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Nengi oohhh. Is this the Nengi I know? Sounds like something you would say. [email protected] your comment! I cannot deny the truth in it though. So so true…

• Twix

September 14, 2011 at 11:59 am

@ Nengi…..Fantastic submission my Lord

• TOLUU

September 12, 2011 at 2:56 pm

were you paid too write this rubbishhhhh???

• aosgrl

September 12, 2011 at 3:51 pm

So what if someone leaked it to the media? The fact is this was a criminal matter and not a civil matter. How do you hit someone with a brick on the head and call it a civil matter. Olisa displayed a lack of respect for human life. Sometimes we nigerians can be so blinded by labels. Does Eton college give out certificates for Free Battery of Humans for life? Society should and can forgive but at the same time there should be consequences for bad behavior, and in this case criminal behavior.

As for Dewunmi, with the official “20%” unemployment rate in Nigeria, what do you want the man to do do? Being brave is easier said than done. How will he feed his family if he is fired. With that said if he can’t be brave then let us as a Nigerian community be brave for him. I suggest boycotting Glo Naija sings until this barbarian is fired!

• K!

September 12, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I don’t even know where to start. Can’t believe a right thinking human being would reason like this!

“Olisa Adibuah is VERY INTELLIGENT! He is a genius at what he does. He went to Eton College for goodness sake! Did you?”…..Should we all fly because he went to Eton College??? Was he the first to go there? You had to put the ‘VERY INTELLIGENT’ in block letters for emphasis sake, right? I guess he’s the Most Intelligent person you know….too bad!

‘FINALLY, IF THERE WAS NO OLISA ADIBUAH, WHERE WOULD RADIO JOURNALISM AND ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY BE IN NIGERIA IN THE 21ST CENTURY?’….Trust me darling, radio journalism and entertainment in Nigeria would still flourish without him.

Now I understand the adage ‘Speak that I may see you’. You’ve just showed your myopic self to all BN readers.

Lastly, just incase you’re Olisa Adibua’s friend or family member, I’d advice you not to ever speak like this on this issue. You’ll be doing him more harm than good.

• rhetta

September 12, 2011 at 5:03 pm

GBAM!!!!!!!!

• Tolu

September 12, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Yes PR people should write statements for the company and not representing monsters who beat up their staff. So are you saying Olisa is too big to write a personal apology letter to Adewunmi and needs a PR person to do it on his behalf? How does that potray him remorseful even if he really is . You sound very unintelligent. SMH

• Consuella

September 12, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Eaton my a$$. He’s still an animal and should be put on a leash and thrown into a cage for this sort of behaviour. Following that – he should be FIRED from Beat FM. That is all.

• olumide

September 13, 2011 at 4:45 pm

lets do a role reversal here, imagine if it was olisa that was dealt with like that, what would he have done? all this talk about the things he has done for radio or entertainment does not add up, nobody is indispensable

• Yusuf

August 21, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Yeah, wait until a temperemental boss, pulps your child or spouse. And don’t worry, it happen soon. Then you will have to accept an apology.

28. africhic

September 12, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I guess they don’t call the station Beat FM for nothing.

• Wizzzzzzzzyyyy

September 12, 2011 at 4:59 pm

LWKMD…so funny

29. Eveey

September 12, 2011 at 2:17 pm

OLISA!!!! You should be ashamed of urself!! Why didn’t you pick on someone your size? “We all make mistakes” my foot….if dis had been Adewunmi’s mistake…would you have accepted his apology? Him falling asleep on the couch was a mistake too….but it didn’t register in ur bloated head as one, did it?….but when u raise ur useless hand on him….then it automatically becomes a mistake?

BEAT FM!!! If u don’t do d right thing (Fire OLISA) then you are guilty of oppression…trampling upon the rights of a human being just because of his class/status….if Adewunmi had been the accused in this situation, how would you act? Think about it!!!

ADEWUNMI!!! U should speak up 4 urself. Naija is ur home-country, if u can’t speak freely in ur own country where else can u do it? Where you forced to write dis? It sounds like you had a gun pointed at u (or u don’t want to lose ur job). For God’s sake, na ur own right be dis oh…. d bloody bastard deserves to be locked up…if na u slap am, we 4 hear word? He’s lucky it wasn’t me… d kind charges I for press ehn, even him grand children go still dey pay… i for do Kardashian style…. Use dis opportunity take become superstar (I swear)….The ball is in your court

30. Grace

September 12, 2011 at 2:28 pm

If God can forgive us u guys can get happy again

31. Naveah

September 12, 2011 at 2:30 pm

This dude has been paid off and given a cushier position in exchange for keeping quiet which speaks volumes about the characters of ALL those involved in this crap affair. Apologies my left foot! OLISA should have been DEMOTED, FINED HEAVILY, MADE TO PAY FOR THE MAN’S HOSPITAL BILLS AND CHARGED WITH BATTERY AND ASSAULT! What is to stop this man from assaulting another employee or some other individual on the street? And this is a 55 year old man? He is a perfect of example of age is just a number because his lack of control over his impulses is like that of a teenager, his actions are not that of a matured man! People should boy cott his morning show, the station as a whole should be boycotted by companies who advertise family friendly products on the show because this man is NO ROLE MODEL!

32. Mena Oudha

September 12, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I think Adewumi is scared of what Olisa might do to him if he dosen’t post this comment. am sure he must have even apolgised to Olisa that this even came out. na wa o.. am realy dissapointed in Olisa sha.. didnt know he had such a very ugly side. i think Olisa should be fired and made to pay for his actions but am sure Adewumi is too scared to do that. Olisa might make sure he is blacklisted and might never b able to work in radio again. SHAME ON YOU OLISA!!!!!!!!!!!.

33. @klitscko

September 12, 2011 at 2:35 pm

\Olisa, U be bad guy, see as u hammer adewunmi lkie d klitschko brothers, come and re naija at london 2012 olympics

34. Enwongo cleopas

September 12, 2011 at 2:41 pm

THIS IS A PURE INCIDENT OF BATTERY OR ASSAULT. And it is a criminal offence. Enough said. Apology aint enough. The guy should press for damages…but this is really ugly.

35. chaiwala

September 12, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Only in a lawless country like nigeria that this guy wont go to jail, talk-less of get fired.

This is where all our Problems start. Because of this Mentality.

We condone this lawless madness then later we complain about how things like corruption and massacres go unpunished. Open you eyes.

36. shuks

September 12, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Very shameful that this can happen in a country that claims to be civilized…ovbious that we re extremely primitve in this so called society…in a decent country olisa would ve been fired since and charged for assault…but then this is nigeria where animals rule..

37. chaiwala

September 12, 2011 at 2:48 pm

This is the exact reason why Nigeria is so messed up compared to America and Europe. When we cant even guarantee justice in a small and straight forward situation like this and instead Tolerate it, how do you even want to start to get justice for victims of boko, niger delta, bribery, corruption, mismanagemnt etc ?

38. Jess

September 12, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Olisa should be made a scapegoat for future offenders. Judging from a lot of the responses I’ve read, he will not be missed if he were to be let go, so why exactly is the beat trying to cover up so much? I’m also mad ‘Dewunmi does not know his rights. Anywhere else in the world he would be a very rich man after his incident. I know it’s not about the money, but it’s all part of the failing law in Nigeria.

39. Doing it for the NEW SCHOOL

September 12, 2011 at 3:04 pm

HE IS A BULLY!! UNCONTROLLED RAGE.. OLISA IS MAD BECAUSE HE IS A RELIC OF THE PAST AND IS OF NOOOO RELEVANCE!!
    OLISA ADIBUA IS A BULLY BULLY BULLY BULLY BULLY BULLY BULLY BULLY BULLY BULLY BULLY BULLY BULLY…..

40. zee

September 12, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I’ve always known Olisa is very phony….smh.

41. konnie

September 12, 2011 at 3:17 pm

That man should go for anger management training. If his victim had not survived, would you all be brushing off the incident like some are? …….

42. dewowo

September 12, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Beat FM indeed.
    i feel beated by this news. anyway, lets learn to 4give both the beater and the beat.
    chei! BN for photoshop Adewumi’s face na

43. ivory

September 12, 2011 at 3:28 pm

ANYONE dat can beat up someone to dat extent, is very wicked , heartless and horrible…. no matter the apologies , my respect for olisa has dropd to 0%…… he shld go and check himself cos sumthin is definitely wrong…. ladies plsssss avoid men like Olisa cos they can send u to early grave……. I believe somebody will still treat his -ups and i pray so….. poor ADEWUMI , he has tot of his survival rate in ds country and he has no choice but to b calm….

44. Naira

September 12, 2011 at 3:37 pm

This ur Olisa boy is the embodiment of uglynez ……….stupide man…. ive never liked the way he even present stupide………. rubbish……. he is just confirming wat i had in mind abt him without even knowx him

45. Bims

September 12, 2011 at 3:41 pm

@Nonilizing HOW MUCH DID BEAT FM PAY YOU????

46. Anonymous

September 12, 2011 at 3:44 pm

An apology if sincere I guess is right. However, the victim has to accept it. Reading the story though, its quite surprising that sort of thing could happen in a professional environment. Apology or not, the company should compensate the victim. If the victim has been compelled into writing a statement then shame on the organisation. Their arse should be sued!

47. Abang Mercy

September 12, 2011 at 3:47 pm

OLISA OLISA OLISA

48. ese etukudo

September 12, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Adewunmi,dont deceive urself… Olisa will always remain a fat ugly bully that has no self control. In fact am angry writing dis because a lot has been said about violence. Olisa is just tryin to protect his image in d industry so as to come back and compere Project Fame again mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Adewunmi is just actin fearful and truly oppressed. I wonder how much money u were paid to remain discreet bout dis whole drama. Well as a xtain ,il say forgive him n move on with ur life but d likes of Olisa should be severely purnished…suspension is not enough!

49. OLISA Friend

September 12, 2011 at 3:58 pm

is Olisa married/engaged? or a bachelor 4life?

• Mary007

September 13, 2011 at 10:02 pm

If it’s a woman now they will say all sorts, now we know why he is not married, he can’t handle responsibility which comes with marriage. Old dirty man, make I catch am

• Mimi

September 14, 2011 at 2:10 pm

olisa is a sick man

50. aisha

September 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Everybody hates Olisa!!! If he had a good attitude, i bet folks will be eager to forget the incident. As for dewunmi, your statement seems phoney and Olisa should be used as a scapegoat that way others will learn

51. cheeze

September 12, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Olisa adibua! Shame on him.to think I respected d tout! Dewumi,better be a man and stop being oppressd by ‘management’ and for those saying where would radio be w’out olisa n bla bla. I wonder if d moral of d story is that if ur a pro at what you do, u have a right to act like a wild animal and not care because ur a genius,dats low thinking! Olisa chose to b in d limelight,he has a social responsibility to be a role model and he has messed it up! He should be punished,nobody is above d law,if d guy had suffered internal bleeding n died nko?story for change. Rubbish. Dewunmi better man up! Olisa once again shame! Agbero!

52. Deiz

September 12, 2011 at 4:03 pm

All I can do is hiss……. abeg he should be kicked off glo naija sings + i wonder why he has not been fired.

53. sett

September 12, 2011 at 4:05 pm

lawless country…i am very very sure nothing is going to happen! We like to initial gra gra as if we will make someone a scape goat, yet no results. why is kolade arowowolo still walking around a free man? why is the talabi oni chic’s case no follow up nothing

54. Nma

September 12, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Bella, i am GLAD you spoke on this, cos i notice that u barely speak on controversial issues such as these. Linda Ikeji usually does a great and impartial job at reporting issues like these that most Nigerians are scared to address! I am glad this issue is receiving a well deserved attention, and hopefully a long-lasting revolution will ensue!

55. temitope idowu-awe

September 12, 2011 at 4:13 pm

no wonder olisa is not married at 55 yr old, which girl will marry a man that will disfigure her because she slept off on the living room couch. BEAT F.M, get real and sack this guy, before companies start pulling off their adverts from your radio station because of Mr Afijabi sorry Mr Olisa.

56. Nma

September 12, 2011 at 4:15 pm

PS: Its sad that Dewumni has NO IDEA what he starts to gain at this point if he presses charges against Olisa and the company! Az in, u are set for life!….Plus u will also begin a much needed revolution that will teach employers to teach their employees like the human being they are! THINK!!!! At this point, THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT YOU N E MORE DEWUMNI. You can decide to fight a battle that will ultimately end this whole trend of the poor suffering in silence in the hands of their superiors.

57. Nma

September 12, 2011 at 4:16 pm

*stands to gain
    *treat

58. Jasmine

September 12, 2011 at 4:19 pm

According to Noni….. the matter had being resolved but it was leaked, obviously someone was not happy about the outcome (what does that tell u dear?)

The fact that you like someone or what they do does not mean you should turn a blind eye when they do something bad.

59. hotplateshot

September 12, 2011 at 4:27 pm

An Apology is alright… but I honestly feel Olisa be removed from the GLO Naija sings judging panel, He already looks tired and bored every time we see him on TV. Well Beat 99 fm did a good job, cos I believe they made Adewunmi write a good statement too make everything (organisation) look all well and good.

60. O'Jay

September 12, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Olisa or what’s your name…How i wish i was the one called Dewunmi by now you be on kneels begging. Because your 2hands will be reported to ORISA(god of my ancestors) and your hands will forever be useless, am sure to know what i mean as an Africa man.
    Wari Iku Wa Peni Orun…You will see death and you will call it sleep.

61. partyrider

September 12, 2011 at 4:49 pm

#beatsbyolisa

62. ogho

September 12, 2011 at 4:54 pm

i guess that is what they meant by BEAT fm

63. partyrider

September 12, 2011 at 5:05 pm

the other time it was him and jim iyke that had their kunfu in a club cos of a chick(jim iyke’s chick),now this..go for anger management classes by friend…
    shame on beat fm for suppressing and oppressing the Adewunmi, it is clear that he didnt write that statement by himself or without influences..
    shame on all the celebs and all those in the entertainment industry that refused to speak about this,if it were a “neutral person” everywhere will be buzzing..am happy bellanaija finally put it up,i tot u guys were going to be silent about it…
    Olisa needs to be paid in his own coin,forget sacking…he needs who will beat him black and blue that he will be hospitalized for at least a month..the guy annoys me with the over-sized suit he wears..right from the previous naija sings he annoys me,thank God am not around to watch him on this present one…
    well naija this is how we roll..we keep shouting government here and there but the little things we can do to help ourselves we ignore and/or sweep them under the carpet..ride on people,this is the way FORWARD!!
    Dewunmi,he will hit you again,then you will come out with a statement saying u guys were playing hide and seek in the studio…you have chosen to be the victim,live with it..
    finally,shame on all those that tried to keep this secret esp beat FM workers,a bigger shame to all those so-called activist that wont let our social media rest when it has to do with the national cake or politics, but kept silent,big shame to all those that condone any form of violence..your match is on the way

64. noella

September 12, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Wat is the station called” THE BEAT”……mmmmhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    really wonder

65. Sassy Diva

September 12, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Rubbish!!!! news and news about Olisah’s beating up and fighting in the clubs ar growing…plsssssssssssssssss do the right thing and fine the moron . Until he is justly dealt with , other employers will not take the cue and not beat up their emploees, we work for you, we are not your slaves. Really wonder when Nigeria would become a highly professional environment. Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeew

66. Sassy Diva

September 12, 2011 at 5:13 pm

moreover, like the name implies, BEAT FM!!!…keep beating up

67. Wizzzzzzzzyyyy

September 12, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Is Olisa Married, Engaged or has a Girlfriend?…She should watch out…he can’t manage his anger. Adewunmi..so sorry.

68. chinx

September 12, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Olisa’s apology is not acceptable!!!! Wether the victim decides to press charges or not Olisa should be punished for his barbaric behaviour! Its high time issues like this are dealt with appropriately rather than being swept under the carpet with some flimsy apolgy. If the tables were turned around I bet Mr Adibua would have ensured the assailant is sacked immediately!! Mschewww. Olisa your image is beyond repair now……shame on you!!!

69. fifi

September 12, 2011 at 5:24 pm

can’t we see the way the PR pple or is ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅† Dewumi himself kept on repeating he has apologized *mimicking dem* rubbish! See me all passionate about wat happened,use am do dp and even start broadcast and U̶̲̥̅̊ chickening out! Can we pls ALL rememba dat babe dat was beaten and stripped by some military officers,she took ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅† up and got her benefits! Afta plenty threats,Dewumi,you wnt die,stand 4ur right…Olisa can’t do u nothing and God will see you through…4 dat middle aged papa! Make he dey beat.His mates are fathers…luks like someone who dey blow helium inside I’m body…agbaya gatigati

70. This is a doctored report, what made them feel we will believ Dewunmi really wrote such, they are just trying to garnish the who situation, and for God’s sake y would they give him a suspension, outright sack is what he deserves, violence is not tolerated at all, dont they have employee code of conducts, work ethics? Appologies might be accepted but he should be treated the way any good and standard organization would treat such issue. If at his age, he can still messs himself up, i really pity him. Olisa go and get a life and be a responsible, in life there’s time for everything, hiiissssss, appology my foot.

71. Aibee

September 12, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Nonlilizing abi wetin be dat your name sef, I think you have issues. You and Olisa ought to book an appointment with a shrink. You for self esteem issues (he went to Eton! I wish you coukld hear yourself) and Olisa for anger management.
    The management of the Beat come across as being incompetent. Olisa ought to be fired. If the roles were reversed, den for don fire Adewunmi. As for the Adewunmi himself, if you keep quiet about this, you will go down in history being the man who got beat up and was too chicken to stand up for himself. Olisa as for you, God help you because you really need help.

72. Its called the BEAT FM so they can continue BEATING everyone there. lllllooollllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

73. Dele

September 12, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Hi, Aisha, you hate Olisa, you speak for yourself not “everybody”.
    I’ve looked up to and liked Olisa as a presenter, we never know what goes on off-air, as fan and a listener to the later parts of the morning rush, it’s a big let down.

74. anony

September 12, 2011 at 5:57 pm

No one has the right to put their hands on another human being!

75. vanessa

September 12, 2011 at 6:30 pm

adewumi is undr=duress well i pray and hope that the altitude of this man who beats up his colleague like this bring the closure of this media,main while some one will beat him up soon and his own might even be bigger and he will not get an apology

76. Mosunmola

September 12, 2011 at 6:39 pm

‘Dewunmi is, understandably, a wuss….Oliver has major issues.

77. APOSTLE

September 12, 2011 at 7:01 pm

SIMPLE. MODERATE JUDGEMENT. FIRE OLISA , SENDING HIM FOR A PSYCHIATRIC TEST AND HE SHOULD GO FOR DELIVERANCE.

78. APOSTLE

September 12, 2011 at 7:07 pm

SIMPLE. MODERATE JUDGEMENT. FIRE OLISA , SEND HIM FOR A PSYCHIATRIC TEST AND HE SHOULD GO FOR DELIVERANCE. AFTER THAT HE AND THE GUARD FAMILY SHOULD A PICTURE TOGETHER WHILE HAVING DINNER

79. Hallyhottie

September 12, 2011 at 7:09 pm

OLISA MUST GO…… THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY. NO ONE BEATS HIS CHILD LIKE THIS, TALK LESS OF HIS OWN COLLEAGUE. I MEAN, WHO THE HELL DOES THIS? ADEWUNMI LOOKS LIKE A CRIMINAL NOW JUST BECAUSE HE SLEPT ON A COUCH!!! EMPHASIS ON A COUCHHHH… IS THE COUCH THE SAME ONE THAT GEJ WILL SIT ON WHEN HE GETS TO THE BEATS STUDIO OR NA D COUCH NA HOLY COUCH? AM SORRY BUT I DONT BUY THIS. HIS APOLOGY WIL NOT JUSTFIFY WHT HE HAS DONE, HE NEEDS TO BE D SCAPEGOAT SO EVERY ONE WILL LEARN FROM HIM…. LINDA IKEJI, THIS IS D FIRST POST THAT I AM WHOLE HEARTEDLY SUPPORTING. ANYONE WEI THINK SAY I YAN RUBBISH, MAKE E CARRY HIM BROTHER GO PUT FOR OLISA COUCH….

80. Torkwase

September 12, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Beat Fm……. living up to its name…… Shameful

81. olabisi Oyesiji Babasanya

September 12, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Plizzz this is not a ROLE MODEL!!!!! For what?

82. Sauce

September 12, 2011 at 8:28 pm

After reading the whole decable, I made a conscious effort to stop listening to TheBeat FM and I’ve gladly switched over to CoolFM. I’m severed all my social relationship with them as well including Facebook and Twitter. I implore you all to do the same. Apathy is lethal, we must speak out against “Naija Big Manism” and impunity if we want to put an end to this despicable acts. Dewunmi was one of so many helpless Nigerians that needs their voice heard. ACT NOW!

83. marvel

September 12, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Adewunmi must be an angel. To wake me up is bad enough. To wake me with a beating would be suicidal! Olisa, anger will not kill you o. Vile creature.

84. kizito

September 12, 2011 at 9:11 pm

I think this should be broadcasted on blackberry!Even though I couldn’t stand his simon cowell wannabe sh** It never occured to me he was a terrorrist! Dewunmi better wise up and press for charges God wan butter your bread so don’t let sleeping dogs lie OLISA should be removed from Glo naija sings and suspended from all radio and tv. Programmes for @ least a year so the old fool never marry I dey laff oooOoo chai na wao. Dewunmi u no wan wise? Opportunity na once o

85. keji

September 12, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Omo I thank God that my parents are not poor and I have my master’s degree. In this life let me see the man that will lay a finger on me from work violence. I’ll bite off his ears.

86. posh

September 12, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Olisa is an ANIMAL….a very useless one at that….anyway I pity whoever his wife is or if he doesn’t av any yet den I pity his girlfriend(s)…what a shame!!!

87. molly

September 12, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Even though I, as a christian, believe strongly in forgiveness, the Bible also says no sin should go unpunished. I don’t agree that suspension in this case is a severe enough punishment, it is akin to a rap on the back of the hand. He commited a criminal offence and should be made to face the music. It is afterall a clear-cut case of assault and battery. We might as well say a murderer should be allowed to go scotfree simply because he apologises, or that his sentence should be reduced.

88. ololadeB

September 12, 2011 at 10:30 pm

HA!!! Olisa! Last time it was tiwa savage’s butt, now your co-worker Adewunmi’s face

89. Angelica

September 12, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I dated dis foolish guy and he was so pompous… Alway thinking he was right and always screaming… Am happy I left him b4 he turned me to a punching bag. Na wah ohhhh I wish dye sacked him

90. Tunji

September 13, 2011 at 6:47 am

Wetin? Na Beat FM and the guy Beat Adewunmi well well! Seriously, it is a big let down on Olisa’s part, he should resign honorably from that outfit and Glo naija sings. In addition, he needs anger management course or deliverance whichever he chooses. I am utterly disgusted by the actions of the management of Beat FM, four weeks suspension is not enough punishment for this kind of gutter behavoiur!

91. Toodlermummy

September 13, 2011 at 6:50 am

That must be one expensive couch…can we get a picture of the couch? I’m curious to see it , cus for that kinda beating that couch must be really badass!

92. mm

September 13, 2011 at 7:05 am

if he is not removed from glo naija sings I wont watch

93. busy chocolate

September 13, 2011 at 9:19 am

so i sleep off on the couch! WTH WTF! Soooooooooooooooooooooooo ?

94. Duvy

September 13, 2011 at 10:12 am

Eh yah this is sad.

95. Adesina

September 13, 2011 at 10:45 am

Ok im confused here. In any workplace, any form of physical assault against a fellow staff has outright dismissal as a penalty. Isnt there supposed to be an employers council to regulate such things?? This is very appalling and i must add that it has tampered with the image of beat fm.
    Suspension is too light for such an animalistic action against your fellow man.
    BULLSHIT!!!!

96. angela

September 13, 2011 at 11:07 am

nonylizing or wotever u call urself. Pls do US all n Journalism a huge favor and STOP writing anything that can be read publicly. How can you condone this act of brutality becos he went to Eton. Where’s ur own sense of judgement? Tau maybe Olisa should brush u too then apologize since Eton college makes it alright.
    BEAT FM -you don’t need to be told what to do, if you were in d western world wot would have happened to Olisa? Do the right thing.
    CHANGE STARTS WITH ONE PERSON or in ur case ONE ORGANISATION.

97. Knight

September 13, 2011 at 11:38 am

A very Sad story indeed.

Fact 1. Olisa is short tempered, cocky, arrongant, rude and a bully. (Pls feel free to confirm from people that know him well)

Fact 2. All the letters purpotedly written by both Olisa & Dewunmi was written by Beat FM’s corporate branding Unit.

Fact 3. Dewunmi is very much afraid for his job.

Main Question? What would Beat FM have done if it was Dewunmi that beat up Olisa to half that extent?

Main Ans – Dewunmi would have been fired on the spot!!!!!

CONCLUSION- Olisa should be eased out. We dont need bullies (Physical or emotional) in our work places.

Bella Naija pls post my comment!!!!

98. Chioma U

September 13, 2011 at 12:20 pm

– Olisa…. He is a big fooooolllllll

99. moo

September 13, 2011 at 1:00 pm

yes,dis incident confirm dt olisa is not much loved and indispensable as dy make us believe.sooooo even if adewunmi accept apology..beat fm should do d right thing and fire him or olisa should do d honourable thing and resign.
    can see y he is single at his age,no woman ill want to end up with a man with anger issue

100. Lil miss sunshine

September 13, 2011 at 1:19 pm

There is something dodgy about that speech, he looks like he was forced to make that statement by the management. Poor thing, it must be tough and traumatci to be bullied by superior officer at work

101. princess onyeukwu

September 13, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Who will marry him. Like seriousely olisa should be send to d zoo,that is his rightful place, i rest my case.

102. Queen

September 13, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Olisa Adibua or whatever ur name is, u r a lucky that dude you beat up is not from AJ or Mushin! By now, you will be the one people will be feeling sorry for! Adewunmi made a mistake, he should have picked up the bloody couch and smashed your fat head with it, then it would have become a case of 2 fighting and both of you would be apologising to each other instead of this matter of I beat u up and still held my head high!!!

103. ige timothy

September 14, 2011 at 8:05 am

this is injustice and great assault, is that how easy to forgive and forget after this kond of maltreatment infact even Adewunmi spoke like a fool if for a true he made such a report

104. debbie

September 14, 2011 at 11:56 am

@k,very correct!so goin2eton college is a strait pass2treatin odas lyk dirt..Olisa has gt temper issues nd nids2c a therapist!!wiv or wivout him,d media world is gonna thrive..let’s stop acceptin tins lyk dis..if he was d one dat was bullied sure he won’t tke it lightly,let’s stand4wat is right!!

105. Pingback: VIDEO: Olisa Adibua Apologizes to colleague Adewunmi Oyekanmi of TheBeat99.9FM

106. Sheila

September 14, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Nobody is above mistakes..the Man is good at what he does so I think he should be forgiven.. He has apologised n Dewunmi accepted so he should be allowed back to work after his suspension.
    Note that, In nigeria people don’t learn from other people’s mistakes, sending him away doesn’t mean another person won’t do the same.

107. tam

September 14, 2011 at 1:28 pm

dewunmi sud beta collect damage fee 1 way or the other….as for olisa REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!……cant believe beat FM didnt suspend him, dats jst been lawless…..they sud thank God dey ev toolz or else dey wud ev lost me n many other pple….

108. Hotchocolate

September 14, 2011 at 1:52 pm

i ve always thought there was something about this Olisa guy beat a fellow guy like that???????? haba thats the height of irresponsibility
    @ Nonilizing Eton college my foot, is that what he was taught?? he should try punching an Igbo he go know how far,mschewwwwww
    @Olisa Friend no be bachelor for life na woman e no like!!

109. Mimi

September 14, 2011 at 1:58 pm

if olise likes let him school in the sky. you can smell arrogance from him from miles away, see the way he treas up GloNaija sings contestants, as if he knows anything about singing. abeg there’s nothing special about him jare let him take lessons from Dan Foster of 92.3Inspiration FM, a real Gentle man…and an American for that matter (Eton my foot) and you @Nonilizing, are you insane?

110. Bellar

September 14, 2011 at 4:28 pm

WITH THAT HIS JUG BELLY, UGLY HE GOAT

111. Pingback: VIDEO: Olisa Adibua Apologizes to colleague Adewunmi Oyekanmi of TheBeat99.9FM « khanyesaysso

112. t p lamp

September 15, 2011 at 2:19 am

his olisa married or single.how old is he.pls kindly assist with this information.

113. t p lamp

September 15, 2011 at 2:29 am

i need some answer.why is it dat .olisa does not pick direct on air live call on the morning show.why did he live cool fm.why is he not married at 55yrs old.his he really 55yrs old.i swa him off copper road in ikoyi one day.he live along the street.pls forgive the man my people.his career of many year is about about to go in to the pit.i guess the many ex girl the has dated with be very happy at his down fall.olisa pls leave the secence for some time.it will help you.

114. Gorgeous

September 15, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I agree with aisha, olisa should be used as a scapegoat!

115. Pingback: Adewunmi Oyekanmi & Olisa Adibua of the Beat 99.9FM release joint video statement | Bella Naija

116. grace ukpaka

September 17, 2011 at 6:08 am

Dis is highly unacceptable. Abi na olisa D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ dash ϑ guy e salary?Ŋ☺‎​ b ϑ guy D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ work 4 e money? Wot stupid right does he av 2 lay his filthy fingers on dat guy. Its so sad…
    Adewunmi looks like he was handled by some hoodlums. If olisa can do dis in ϑ public, den he must av bin doing dis in his house (wife). Hmmmm…

117. aloli

September 17, 2011 at 1:55 pm

this is crap,what nonsense? i don’t blame Adewumi cos he does not want to lose his job, probably why he wants to stay mute.he is just 28, and to be night news editor at beat fm is not small thing in Nigeria where unemployment rate is high and not reducing at all.where will he get a lawyer to defend him,lets be realistic, the Nigeria i know is a place where the rich bribe to win cases and if the lawyer is honest and does not have mouth like that, he(adewummi) could lose his job,money and may be faced with mounting legal bills. another issue is the fact that courts always adjorun cases and it may never be solved. so if the dude wants to be silent,pls let him be,but if it were me,hmmmmmmmmmmmm,oh God,in fact, i will fast and pray for God’s judgment on him and i trust God,he never fails.
    i just wonder why someone who looks and acts so posh can do this sort of thing, he should start praying for mercy cos his career might just have a quick expiry date.

118. aloli

September 17, 2011 at 2:22 pm

i must say that I’m impressed with bella for posting this,imagine how badly adewumi was beaten up just for sleeping on the chair, and to think that he is old enough to give birth to this guy. we need to fight against violence in the workplace. i wish celebs,lawyers and people who are respected would condemn this action because it does not speak well of us as nigerians, and as for beat fm, you guys have no integrity and no people friendly policies, cos u did nothing to show that violence is wrong in ur org no matter what happens. it means that if ur ceo is angry at a guard,he can bring out a gun and shoot him and all that would be done the ceo is 2 months suspension and probably with pay.

119. Dj rufflemon

September 24, 2011 at 10:26 am

Pls i need a dj job beat fm my name is dj rufflemon 08134740228 pls

120. chidiebere Nnamani

October 7, 2011 at 11:11 am

@ Olisa am so deeply dissapointed!…i have rated u high but u brought urself low!…every1 shld face their job squarely…pls…2 avoid rage and anger..CMN*

121. Rddanationboy

September 19, 2012 at 4:24 pm

That was a big mistake..At first who is he to be telling a staff like him not to sleep on the couch. I think his action was intentionally not by mistake….Mr Adewunmi needs to sue that fool… Watch out for me in the MUSIC INDUSTRY.. I’m Rd aka Danationboy