News

“Love Within a Storm”: Mercy Johnson & Prince Odi Okojie – A BellaNaija Weddings Exclusive Feature

BellaNaija.com

This week, E! Network broadcast a two-episode special on American reality star, Kim Kardashian’s wedding to Basketball star Kris Humphries which took place on the 20th of August 2011.

This definitely got us thinking!

In Nigeria, the biggest celebrity wedding of the year so far was the August 27th 2011 nuptials of Nollywood star Mercy Johnson and her hearthrob, Prince Odianosen Okojie.
Their journey to the aisle stirred up a media frenzy with numerous soap-opera worthy plot twists. In the end, they made it work and said “I Do”.

Browsing through the internet and magazines, we realized that there was no complete feature showing off Mercy and Odi’s special day! The BN Weddings team decided to change that!

We have compiled an extensive photo feature with uber-exclusive photos illustrating every special moment from Mercy & Odi’s traditional and white weddings from Mercy’s wedding dresses to the UK royal wedding inspired cake. After browsing through, you’ll definitely feel as though you were one of their invited guests.

Enjoy.
Photography by Debbin Fotografas

*****

White Wedding

Traditional Wedding

Photography by Debbin Fotografas
*****
Theme: Royal Glamour
Colours: Purple & Gold
Bridal Train
Maid of Honour: Yvonne Nelson
Bridesmaids: Chika Ike, Empress Njamah, Waje, Goldie and Queen Nwokoye
Groomsmen: George Oko-oboh, Matthew Iyere, Afe Adima, Aluge Osarenti Charles and Okpere Destiny

Wedding Dresses
Ceremony Dress: R&T Bridals New York
Reception Dress: David’s Bridal
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins

Groom’s & Best Man’s Suit: Bespoke – Carlo Pignatelli of Italy

Media & PR: Bigsam Media

1. DAT

October 14, 2011 at 12:17 am

Yippee… First to comment… Congrats girl wishing u all the goodies in Marriage

• jumoke

October 26, 2011 at 3:10 am

Bn u re d best,luvly pics.Mercy may God bless dis union wish u all d bless.

• natasha

November 29, 2011 at 12:26 am

damm girl i am so happy for you n i can’t believe that you didn’t invite me lol jk i love u n can’t wait 2 c u in person love your most biggst fan

2. pelolA

October 14, 2011 at 12:22 am

I wish them all the best.

3. eazzie

October 14, 2011 at 12:32 am

i wish her the best so long as she is happy. beautiful pictures too. BN welldone!

• Tiki

October 14, 2011 at 9:28 am

Kai, I tell you! Mercy Johnson is a fine babe oooooo! I mean, I’ve always loved her looks but what I like most about her wedding is she looks genuinely happy. The happiness just seems to radiate from within.
      I would never have thought a lace wig on your weddin day would work…but I didn’t reckon for the real deal! see as she dey fine even when the pins gave way…I love th pic with her and the groomsmen…she looks so soft and beautiful there.
      In fact, I tire this kind sweet wedding. didn’t look over the top at all, just real and genuine, a celebration of love by two people who look indeed to be in love.
      In fact BN, you do well. Three GBOSA to you!
      Wishing you all the best in married life, Mercy! Your fans all over the world are praying for you, and if God is in the midst of two or three gathered in His name, imagine what the common prayer of a thousand can do!

• Winter Sag

January 20, 2012 at 7:40 pm

u have said it all….exactly as i feel…d babe is genuinely happy and its just too lovely to see…her outfits are soooooo beautiful! Mercy Johnson, God bless you and ur family!!!!!

4. Uchechi

October 14, 2011 at 12:32 am

Awwww cool and colourful pictures.

5. eazzie

October 14, 2011 at 12:34 am

by the way, BN where is the ‘back to top’ button i suggested??? this page is very long and to scroll all the way to the top is not easy at all oh..okay, let me just close this window and open a fresh one instead of scrolling sef…please consider it o…my 2 cents

• aunty tawa

October 16, 2011 at 2:44 am

ahn ahn when there is home, end, page up, page down buttons on your computer. oga ooo some pple sha.

6. Naz

October 14, 2011 at 12:34 am

awww nice

7. lima

October 14, 2011 at 12:39 am

awwwwww she look really happy! all the best in your marriage mercy!

8. Nma

October 14, 2011 at 12:40 am

WAIT o! Is that Nneka the Pretty Serpent i see or are my eyes deceiving me?! I have missed that babe! Still so stunning!

• princess

October 16, 2011 at 7:25 pm

@Nma ur eyes aren’t deceiving u,she’s d one.

9. Rolex

October 14, 2011 at 12:43 am

i dont want to speak negatively with regards to anyone’s wedding/marriage.
    so, all i will say is that she looks happy. and for that, i’m am happy for her and wish her a blessed marriage.

btw, she literally lights up when she sees gene-v

10. someone

October 14, 2011 at 12:43 am

Nice pictures. I like the traditional edo hairstyle

11. Tinie_tempress

October 14, 2011 at 12:49 am

yayyyy..i’m 2nd…lol..

12. E

October 14, 2011 at 12:50 am

Bellanaija you too try.. nice pics. especially the traditional wedding pictures

13. Liz

October 14, 2011 at 1:01 am

Lovely pictures!

14. awww

October 14, 2011 at 1:13 am

awwww so loving this. congrats girl. wish u all the best in life.

15. KYLE

October 14, 2011 at 1:21 am

2nd? no?

16. chichi

October 14, 2011 at 1:22 am

She looked soooooo beautiful especially in her the traditional attires…congrats girl

17. pretty lomo

October 14, 2011 at 1:27 am

congrats! i really wish and pray it lasts!

18. Young, Fabulous & God forbid brokeness

October 14, 2011 at 1:32 am

aaaww wish them all the best!

19. nich

October 14, 2011 at 1:37 am

it is not only the celebrity wedding of the year in nigeria but the celebrity wedding of the decade…

At the moment no nollywood star can pool this crowd except gennevieve nnaji……almost every nollywood star was in attendance including mama gee…….

the wedding also reveals classs and shows that she has come a long way when it comes to money…

nigerians actually know how to live large and do great things…it is only our criminal leaders who have shot down the dreams of young people

20. svelte

October 14, 2011 at 1:42 am

Coooool pictures…. Nice 1 gal. Enjoy ur marriage no ni

21. faith

October 14, 2011 at 1:52 am

Lovely, beautiful bride, glowing with happiness…wishing you the best!

22. Brittle Paper

October 14, 2011 at 1:58 am

Wow! All the love and the support. I’m so moved.

23. yoly

October 14, 2011 at 2:03 am

I am so freaking HAPPY for my MERCY J-I… I wish you all the marital goodies and may our ALMIGHTY GOD be your strength ALL THROUGH.

• yoly

October 14, 2011 at 2:07 am

MERCY J-O my bad!!!

24. yoly

October 14, 2011 at 2:03 am

Cute pics by the way!!!

25. Jess

October 14, 2011 at 2:19 am

Definitely prefer her traditional wedding pictures. I think she looks absolutely lovely in the pink attire. God bless their marriage.

• majo

October 14, 2011 at 2:46 pm

i agree. she looked best when she was wearing her real trad attire. dunno why she wore yoruba outfit at first, but MAN she was stunning in her beads. that sassy flower girl was my favorite picture. Mercy looks like she really likes the guy sha

26. linda

October 14, 2011 at 2:35 am

she look hot

27. lily

October 14, 2011 at 2:42 am

yayyyy second 2 comment….Mercy is very beautiful and sure looks very happy!!! go gal…u deserve 2 b happy.

luvn genevive and all d celebs dat supported her…u guys rock!!!

overall…gud money well spent!!!

28. Nad

October 14, 2011 at 3:20 am

Nice!!!!

29. MamaMo

October 14, 2011 at 3:22 am

Congratulations girl — Loved the traditional outfits!

30. T.Y

October 14, 2011 at 3:24 am

aww mercy Johnson is beautiful oo and she had lot of outfit for hertraditional wedding…..chai! money is good oo. congrats to her

31. unveilinggold

October 14, 2011 at 3:54 am

Beautiful

32. na me

October 14, 2011 at 3:55 am

i love the traditional outfits – beautiful pics

33. Pinto

October 14, 2011 at 3:57 am

nice mercy….congrats and goodluck on ur marriage. Blind eye to all the haters!!!!!

34. Gennyz # 1 Fan!!!!

October 14, 2011 at 3:58 am

Why was she hugging genevieve like that though? lol….
    She looks happy sha, that’s really all that matters

35. babe

October 14, 2011 at 4:29 am

wow! speechless! this is really beautiful 🙂

36. tina

October 14, 2011 at 4:34 am

yahhhh 2nd…………………. all da best guys. love

37. mary007

October 14, 2011 at 4:41 am

In the end she looks truly happy, the picture with Genny ….PRICELESS!!!

38. Njanie

October 14, 2011 at 5:23 am

Beautiful, love the traditional wedding attires. You are a beautiful bride Mercy, may God bless and prosper your marriage.

39. Lovinit

October 14, 2011 at 6:29 am

Awww so sweet. She looks stunning both in d trad and church weddin, although i luv d trad pics more esp d pink. Nice Nice. May d Lord bless ur Union. Lovely pictures n stay happy!

40. Justsaying

October 14, 2011 at 6:46 am

So BN is saying that cos Kim’s wedding was shown on E! Hence they decided to bring this out? BN una don pass that copy cat level biko..
    Congratulating MJ
    Well done Debbin for the fotos and Blessing,Debbin’s I see u babe.

41. bee

October 14, 2011 at 7:26 am

the pic with her role model(genny) is priceless, she was thrilled. the pink attire and the hair shaft on pink. wishing u all the best girl! cnt wait to c lil mercy soon..smiles

42. NK

October 14, 2011 at 8:01 am

CONGRATULATIONS GIRL…….ALL THE VERY BEST IN MARRIAGE! LOVES HER!

43. olawealth

October 14, 2011 at 8:13 am

am so happy for both of them……i pray they see every reason to love each other more!!!

44. SARAFINA

October 14, 2011 at 8:36 am

congrats girl………wish u d best in ur marriage

45. letmetalk

October 14, 2011 at 8:44 am

the pishures are so touching!lol
    she looks so relaxed even in the storm! shows true love stands the test of time. wishing her and Prince charming a blissful life. congrants!

46. pat

October 14, 2011 at 9:00 am

nice pics and may d good Lord bless their union beyond all expectation IJN. Amen. congratulation once again…

47. sweetness

October 14, 2011 at 9:12 am

i love this pictures, so happy for mercy…….i just pray her marriage lasts and lasts till death does them part. i really donot wanna hear anythin about a divorce, i pray it lasts in Jesus’ name.
    Meanwhile, she and Gene look like they love eachother alot, that pic of them huggin is priceless, like i almost teared up…. she looked so touched, like she didnot believe Gene will show up…. Thats how it should be, they should all stand strong together as entertainers, it cant be easy havin beef with colleagues coupled with all the rumours and controversies they have to deal with from the media and all that.
    i love Gene and all the others for being der for Mercy….
    That pic again is priceless, like a beloved big sis hugging her baby sis in whom she is well pleased…. awww. #oknowamovergushing #bye.

48. onome

October 14, 2011 at 9:20 am

‘love within a storm’ please BN let us know about this storm u r talking about so that we can appreciate the love?

49. NIRA

October 14, 2011 at 9:29 am

I really wish them happiness after all the wahala before the wedding. Her hubby’s a handsome black brother!! I only saw this crowd of celebs at Mike Ezuruonye’s wedding, this shows she’s well liked by her colleagues. God bless their marriage.

50. Adesola

October 14, 2011 at 9:40 am

Nice pic, congrats to MJ & the hubby. But its not just the ceremony & flashy pic let the marriage last. I pray for your marriage the last forever.

51. ese etukudo

October 14, 2011 at 9:52 am

I love u Mercy…dats all i can say.muah!

52. Lue

October 14, 2011 at 10:02 am

thank yu oooo BN….the pics i saw before for this wedding was either from a phone or has bad quality. yu guys dont dissapoint.
    congrats mercy. wish yu da best

53. Bolanle

October 14, 2011 at 10:22 am

beautiful beautiful! may she enjoy married life, one day i will too! 😀

54. bukioni

October 14, 2011 at 10:26 am

She looks beautiful, so radiant. I wish her and her every happiness in Jesus Name. AMEN.

55. Princess zee

October 14, 2011 at 10:37 am

She looks really lovely…what a beautiful wedding, filled with taste n glamor…Wish u both the very best

56. left

October 14, 2011 at 10:59 am

Congratulations darlyn, I really luv ur swag…u’re just diff in d industry… Keep it up…

57. cathy

October 14, 2011 at 11:02 am

GOD be with them as they start their family

58. pwettyolly

October 14, 2011 at 11:05 am

luvin dis pics she is realy pretty

59. blissyluv

October 14, 2011 at 11:06 am

Mercy sure is a beautiful babe n i love her more in her traditional attire.the husband na die ,the boy too fine abeg,so imagine what their children will look like.i wish her great marital bliss.

60. D Pretty

October 14, 2011 at 11:08 am

Congrats MJ n Hubby. I love Mercy alot and I can only wish you a long happy married life.
    btw, is It just me? i thought her veil should have been up before dey start exchanging vows. Abi churches do it differently?

61. kenny

October 14, 2011 at 11:13 am

lovely pictures BN, kudos to u guys………wish M J all the best that comes with marriage.

62. oyin

October 14, 2011 at 11:18 am

yeah am happy she’s truely happy even with all the controversies, she made it and pple really came out for them, i likey the hug wiv gene so natural and deep

63. marvina

October 14, 2011 at 11:21 am

Lovely pics. Wishing u Happy and a Lasting Marriage. CONGRATULOBIA.

64. identicaltwice

October 14, 2011 at 11:24 am

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow,nice pics girl.Enjoy all d gud things marriage has to offer.we love u somuch n we are prayin 4 u.GO GIRL U TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOO MUCH.

65. Rahinatu Mohammed

October 14, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Mercy you are a graet woman and I pray God will always bless you and make you overcome your enemies all the time.You look very beautiful in everything you do.

66. Kathryn Cage

October 14, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I love MJ and that she was bold in all the storm makes me love her more. This was really a wedding of the decade which we all followed and which in God’s name came to pass. Make i see the babe wey go snatch Mercy husband and make i hear Odi say “It wasn’t a wedding, we were just acting” We followed this one, we are all witnesses and we have strong proof o! No other woman shall put asunder!!!

67. Tope

October 14, 2011 at 12:17 pm

is it me or the couple do look alike? she was prettier at her trad tho.

68. asanwa

October 14, 2011 at 12:18 pm

So happy for them,against all odd,these is truly a marriage made in HEAVEN………Enjoy everybit Mj

69. Rahinatu

October 14, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Mercy you are a graet woman,may God bless your marriage and make you overcome your enemies in everything you do.You look beautiful in everything you do.

70. Oliver Twist

October 14, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Did they really state the shoes were by Dorothy Perkins? O-o

Okay.

Congratulations Mercy.

• Atl-Akos

October 14, 2011 at 1:28 pm

And so what if the shoes are from Dorothy Perkins.?

71. tee

October 14, 2011 at 12:45 pm

she looks very beautiful

72. anonymous

October 14, 2011 at 12:58 pm

am so happy for mercy..the love most be so real and strong. may God see her through

73. wienna

October 14, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Her traditional attires are superb and she looked so beautiful in them. I even prefer them to her white dress. I want that little flowergirl in my wedding abeg, she’s too cute and adorable.

wishing the couple best in life and happy union.

74. aw

October 14, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I won’t lie, this made me cry. After all the drama they went through, I was even opposed to it. But seeing how beautiful she looked and how genuinely happy they both were, I am filled with joy. You can even see the joy in the guests. Honestly, I am happy for them and wish them all the best. I pray it lasts forever and God blesses the union. I was never a fan of MJ but today, I celebrate with her. She looked every inch gorgeous. And thank you BELLA NAIJA for the photos.

75. Ozy

October 14, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Congratulation M. J Ozioma, u really look good. Those traditional attire fits u so much, u look lovely, may ur marriage last longer with all the goodies of life.

76. Pearl

October 14, 2011 at 1:13 pm

aawww

77. Atl-Akos

October 14, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Awww see how she got so emotional seeing Genevieve, I dont think she thought she would come. Mercy loves her some Genny mehn, she is the reason she gotinto movies. She loves and respect Genny so much and i think it was one of the best gifts she ever wanted – for Genevieve to be there. I truly love that picture. Gorgeous Bride – lovey cake. Congrats Mercy, and remember to keep God first in your marriage. I am so happy for her.

78. gina A

October 14, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Wat more can i say,wishing mercy & her prince a Happi married life.May dere luv continue 2 blossome.

79. Duberm

October 14, 2011 at 1:34 pm

they could pass for brother and siste cos they resemble each other so much, and I think the prince is cute in the the 5th picture from the bottom

80. Just Saying

October 14, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Forgot to add that I absolutely love the engagement- Much better than the wedding. Happy Married Life…

81. Bimbo S

October 14, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Very lovely wedding but damn! how many times did she change?

82. zaquisha

October 14, 2011 at 2:13 pm

i think i’m stale..mercy johnson is yoruba??????

• Salama

October 15, 2011 at 5:27 am

She’s Ebira…

83. fatima

October 14, 2011 at 3:00 pm

congratulations mercy johnson…u r just tooo muah! kudos and wish you a happy married life,love d hair u should do more of dat really pretty on u. Genny i love u so much and u are just my role model right from when you started acting. simplicity says it all.

84. Ndidi

October 14, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Beautiful pics. Well done BN. May they have a wonderful married life. I love, love the traditional beads! I live in New York. Can anyone PLEASE tell me where or how I can buy the traditional beads (necklace, crown, etc)she and her husband wore for the traditional wedding. Are there any online stores? I will be forever gratful for a response. Thanks!

85. na you

October 14, 2011 at 3:36 pm

WAY better than any kardashian wedding from now until eternity. that’s how you do it.

86. Nino

October 14, 2011 at 3:57 pm

all the brouhaha surrounding this wedding just made this picture sweeter…
    madam ex-wife…are you seeing the undying support you have garnered for mercy….?
    i totally loved dis feature,
    i almost did not click cos i was like i don see this picture tire na….
    but it was a different perspective, behind the scene stuffs…BELLA, UNU DI KWA AGWU…DALU…..

FINALLY THIS PIC…SAYS IT ALL…LOVE ROCKS

87. maryann

October 14, 2011 at 4:22 pm

hi!!!! baby MJ i too like ur melody ad ur swaga. ur hus**** is cool, ur pics are sweet pls do me one favour, who decorate ur cake 4 u. the one of traditional marriage ad white wedding. u can call me with dis no 08030309373 OR email [email protected]

88. Mirabel nnoli

October 14, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Great wedding.Congrats MERCY

89. joyjil

October 14, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I am glad for them. It just goes to show that love conquers all. Despite all the troubles that came their way, it was a success. And she does look genuinely happy. I am happy for them. May God by his spirit continually bless and keep them. it is well with them!

90. Zegzy

October 14, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Forgot to add, the gold dress in the traditional. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

91. kizzle

October 14, 2011 at 9:02 pm

awww.so beautiful! i am happy for Mercy and Odi…May the Good Lord bless your Union.

92. val okaa

October 14, 2011 at 9:34 pm

thank God for Mercy Okogie nee Johnson

93. Straight4ward

October 14, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Congratulations Mercy, May God bless and keep your marriage. She looks soo happy and they are so into each other…wishing them the happiest of Marriages!

94. angel

October 15, 2011 at 12:44 am

Beautiful wedding,she really looks very happy.i love genny ia trillion times more for supporting mercy.kisses

95. Temz

October 15, 2011 at 1:02 am

is she yoruba. I dnt understand the Yoruba thing going on and looks like she felt really honoured by Genevieve’s presence 🙂

96. VANESSA NWOCHA

October 15, 2011 at 1:09 am

NA WA YAH OOOO,NO BE SMALL THING O,MERCY NO WAN HEAR O.CONGRATULATIONS AND GOD BLESS UR MARRIAGE!AT LAST D STORM IS OVA.

97. Tochi

October 15, 2011 at 1:31 am

All i can do is smile as i look at this pictures. Mercy looks really happy. I am happy for her too. You go girl, congratulations and i pray that you have a fruitful and joyous marrtiage according to God’s will

98. Tochi

October 15, 2011 at 1:32 am

oh, by the way, she is rally rockin the iro and buba

99. hetonu

October 15, 2011 at 1:53 am

I wish Mercy Johnson all the best and her happiness we continue to multiply. For BN u are the best. 3 GBOSA for u. God will continue to help u

100. auntie

October 15, 2011 at 2:55 am

congrats mercy!
    looking truly happy!

101. nonye

October 15, 2011 at 3:44 am

she is from kogi state hence the yoruba outfit she wore….

• Baby Dee

October 21, 2011 at 4:18 pm

So? how does Kogi translate into Yoruba?

102. Stella Otuore

October 15, 2011 at 4:07 am

congrats sweety and all d best in life and God bless ur marriage.

103. nicole

October 15, 2011 at 11:38 am

the pictures re so beautiful,mercyJ u were really lookn charming. i just want to wish u guyz the best.

104. Layo

October 15, 2011 at 4:41 pm

This is the happiest av seen mercy…….she looks so dang PRETTY….i really do wish them a long and lasting marriage..all haters…against this union should go to lagoon before it dries up!!!!…lovely

105. Mella

October 15, 2011 at 5:31 pm

BN thanks for the pics Mercy is really beautiful and the gold traditional is nice. may peace and love continue to reign btw u

106. essy

October 16, 2011 at 12:56 pm

All d best Mercy, i pray God grants you all ur heart’s desires.

107. konnie

October 16, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Nice pics. good PR
    OD make sure you k appreciate her OOOOO!!!!!!

You see how she is now. We need to see her continue blooming OOOO

108. princess

October 16, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Mercy i wish u a happy wedding,i am happy to see u happy.

109. princess

October 16, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Mercy i am so happy for u,wishing them a awonderful,peaceful marriage ahead.

110. Comfort Okosun

October 16, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Wow so so beautiful, U both look great i wish U Happy Married Life & pray every blessing in MARRIAGE biblical will rest in ur home. i love U Mercy stay bless

111. john eyeson

October 17, 2011 at 2:52 am

this is good one wd

112. Gracee

October 17, 2011 at 9:30 am

Mercy i love u wit a very fresh love. U look soooo genuinely happy. I pray that God will help u through all the challenges that comes with marriage and give u a beautiful home. Congrats dear.

113. omo

October 17, 2011 at 10:01 am

this is realyy a day of joy, i can see the joy in M.J and her hearthrob. i will u happy marriage with lovely kids

114. wummy

October 17, 2011 at 10:02 am

the pics are whao, i love them all

115. Rahinatu

October 17, 2011 at 10:57 am

Beautiful pictures my dear.May God bless your marriage.

116. sofy

October 17, 2011 at 11:58 am

wish them the best.luuuuv the pics

117. IGBOFILLE

October 17, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Wedding good o. She is really looking beautiful. How proud she had made her parents with her success. Loving the ambiance between herself and Gene. Thats what lil Kim and Nicki Minaj should be.

118. izzielady

October 17, 2011 at 12:21 pm

awwww she looks sooo happy, bless them. not sure about the makeup though, bt everythng else looks perfect. wish dem the best

119. Karen

October 17, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Mercy! U r absolutely radiating & glowing.I’m happy 4 u.I wish u evrytin u wish urself.

120. Latifah

October 17, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I’ve never seen MJ so beautiful, especially the trd pics. I wish you all the best!!!

121. Nerissa Nicholas

October 17, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Congratulations Mercy!, may the Lord bless your marraige. that picture of you and Gene is indeed priceless. the Lord is your strenght.

122. mercy

October 17, 2011 at 3:00 pm

but is the pastor’s suit really sparkling?

123. alter ego

October 17, 2011 at 4:34 pm

i am now extremely confused as to her tribe and nationality.

124. ije

October 17, 2011 at 5:38 pm

oh nice pictures, WEll done bella & i would have reacted the same way if i saw Gene at my wedding totally love dat lady
    Congratulations Mercy

125. Purpleicious Babe

October 17, 2011 at 6:40 pm

She looked very happy and thats nicee…

I like the last tradition wear the ibo native one. thats my fav….

• jeez

October 21, 2011 at 10:29 am

Edo not ibo. *Correction.

126. Agada emmanue

October 17, 2011 at 8:44 pm

it is a lord doing, and the marvelous in your site. congrats and god bless, many pple dat u have made happi so shal god make u happi in jesus name amen.

127. partyrider

October 17, 2011 at 8:52 pm

the pic with her and Gene is just lovely..its clear she was sooo happy to have Gene present at the wedding..
    wish u happy married life and God’s blessings

128. Aba ajiboye

October 18, 2011 at 1:01 am

Wow… I love the pictures thank God for this sight…Mercy may you have a happy marriage….

129. jennietobbie

October 18, 2011 at 1:12 am

Blessings and blessings. I can’t wait for babies.

And pix with Genevieve..got me in tears!!!

130. Miss J.

October 18, 2011 at 9:34 am

Mercy is a true black beauty… gorgeous!!!

131. rahinatu

October 18, 2011 at 10:06 am

May Gog bless this marriage.beautiful pictures.

132. mimi

October 18, 2011 at 11:25 am

d question is who was not der..cos all da movers and shakers of nollywood were in attendance..i second dat its only genney dat can pull dis amount of crowd again without any controversy surrounding it…beautiful pics…they look really inlove..all da best..

133. Pretty

October 18, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Hi Mercy, wishing u the best in your marriage. May God guide, protect and bless u to have everlasting joy and happiness in your marriage.

134. yemy

October 18, 2011 at 3:44 pm

she looks lovely , wishing them Gods blessings

135. o.A.E

October 18, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Nice one! Thanks for this Bella

136. ugochi anyaka

October 18, 2011 at 10:52 pm

MJ dug out Nneka the Pretty serpent? thank u MJ. nice wedding. Genny is still ma bestest ever. congratulations babe. Love has shut d mouth of all those who fought this wedding from start.

137. salsera

October 19, 2011 at 12:17 am

she IS YORUBA!!! haba

138. Bella

October 19, 2011 at 1:05 pm

trully touching and yes, one does feel like they are /where part of the proceedings, i had to stop myself smirking sheepishly over the pcictures, i love love the traditional wedding and pics, better by far than the white wedding and the crowd..wow, na wa definitely a wedding of the year, Genny my girl, when she don marry, you all go carry dey go! but i wish them all the best in their union amidst the storms and in their marriage life, may they be happy and may her womb, be fertile IJN, Amen.

139. JoY Girl

October 19, 2011 at 1:18 pm

why does she have armed police escorts??

140. Jade

October 19, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Amen, i am in total support, God bless your marriage sha. The pics were beautiful, and it radiated love to the fullest. May God continue to strenthen you and ur huzzy. Much love mama.

141. tampson alabre

October 19, 2011 at 4:51 pm

this is very nice .

142. FRANK EHIKIOYA

October 19, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Happy married life to you, and the best.

143. Donna Axenkopf

October 21, 2011 at 10:34 am

wow, thanks for letting us be a part of this fab wedding through your photos. Mercy, is one of my favorites in Nollywood. Great wedding, so colourful and vibrant. The traditional wedding cake is a piece of art. I love the creativity put into it.

144. Emme

October 21, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Mercy is such a natural beauty and a truly talented woman. Lovely wedding, looks like it was full of joy and great, positive energy. Here’s wishing her a very happy married life. May she always be as happy as she looks in these pictures, may she never have cause to regret taking this bold decision despite all the controversy. God bless their home.

145. Vanessa

October 21, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Wooow! am so happy 4 u princess MJ.Really ur hapynes in all ur pics is contagious.NWA, I pray ur marriage lasts like dat of will & Jada smith,& 10qs BN 4 bringin us de extensive details

146. Jade82

October 21, 2011 at 5:49 pm

God bless ur union MJ…u are blessed despite all the chaos ….
    May u be blessed with the children soon….loving the traditional attires i need to steal some ideas for whenever my blessing comes forwarding…

147. Jade82

October 21, 2011 at 5:50 pm

opps *meant to say comes forward….Amen

148. Bel`a

October 21, 2011 at 10:40 pm

dey look hapi nd in love..wishing dem the best:-)

149. nkiru

October 22, 2011 at 6:45 pm

the pictures are beautiful and amazing WOW Mercy went thru a lot of things b4 this so l bet it means a lot to her so long as she is HAPPY my no 07990789067

150. Blessing Obasi

October 23, 2011 at 6:42 pm

am really happy 4 Mercy, honestly i wz thinking d wedding won’t hold after the storms n everything buut i give God all d glory 4 d success. d pixs are lovely especially the trad. wishing Mercy odia a happy married life! Congrats Ma.

151. Estell

October 24, 2011 at 10:55 am

9ic pictures,especially dat one mercy wit genne is like d hug a father give 2 his lost son whom he later found.mercy am so happy 4 u,may ur marriage last 4eva.

152. Chums

October 24, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Wowww no be small thing o, Mercy i wish you all the best. Genevieve you are my DIVA any time any day lol…

153. mercy

October 24, 2011 at 6:33 pm

gal make sure u stay in ur marriage…. No more workin around… N showin all d parts of ur bodi… Keep it and give it 2 him ALONE!!! Cheers!

154. nevamind

October 25, 2011 at 11:18 am

naija!!!!!! y’all have got me rolling on the floor literarily….. someone says it looks like she likes d man. duuuuh??!?? she married him,na u she for like? diz comments r hilarious. mercy u r a STAR ,dats all i can say

155. jennifer eboli

October 25, 2011 at 2:31 pm

woooooow everything look perfect, may God bless this union, may the love of God dwell in you. Odi make ur wife happen, do not let that smile to go away from her face. all de best

156. Yvonee

November 3, 2011 at 4:18 pm

awww she looks so beautiful and happy. I love love love all the traditional attires! And that picture with Genny? awwww 🙂 Congrats MJ, wish you nothing but the best in your marriage!

157. fjdecides

November 4, 2011 at 4:20 pm

MErcy u look so happy and dats ow it shld be 4 every bride. I wish u a wonderful married life….(in a singing tone) bad belle throwey throwey….olo maje oh trowey eh. dis song is to al haters….lol! mercy enjoy ohhhhh

158. toyin

November 11, 2011 at 11:59 am

mheeeeeeeeennnnn this is whaooooooo. i wish it last.

159. ola

November 15, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Lovely, Mercy looks smashing. Nice they eventually went through with the wedding after all the drama

160. blessyn

November 17, 2011 at 11:05 am

kai my hands don dey pain me. Mercy you are looking good in every attire. wish u happy marriage.

161. CHIEMERIA

November 22, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Wow! Speechless.

162. Mganbalou Bangoura

December 1, 2011 at 4:36 pm

U r so so Happy M-J, Im also Happy for u, may God Cless ur Couple

163. deedee

December 7, 2011 at 1:16 pm

am so happy for you Mercy,may God bless the union

164. jess

January 11, 2012 at 1:50 am

9cxx MJO…Congratulationxxx

165. lornah

February 7, 2012 at 1:48 pm

congats!!!!! Mercy Johnson.Am happy for you!!!!

166. Dabriqueen Lobsy Emma

February 15, 2012 at 4:34 pm

OMG, ur wedding is ‘THE EYE’.its a shame i wasn’t der . CONGRATS, wishing u a happy married life. u look so GORGEOUS.u r indeed a princess.

167. merley adjalogo

June 6, 2012 at 8:56 pm

mercy i love ya pics girl u luk gud but always remember ya creator

168. constance

June 30, 2012 at 7:43 pm

lovely pics.congratulations dear u are babe

169. constance

June 30, 2012 at 7:43 pm

my baby

170. Bendu Browne

July 31, 2012 at 2:25 am

my Mercy mehn

171. oyiza

October 30, 2012 at 12:12 pm

my ever beautiful mercy…………. wishing u a blissful married home.

172. Jane Luke

May 31, 2013 at 8:10 am

Mercy you will ever be my no. 1 actress. wish yu a happy marriage.

173. sylvia kpulum

June 12, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I love Mr and Mrs okoje God bless your marriage

174. zuenah mercy

July 31, 2013 at 10:32 am

looking pretty good ma name sake Mercy Johnson.

175. Cletus Ibuot

August 2, 2013 at 10:41 am

Gorgeous pix.Congrats to Mr/Mrs Okojie for being in support of biblical marriage.than those promoting same sex marriage.wishing you a happy married life.