News

BN Bytes: Waje’s Style (& Body) Transformation plus her New Role on Star Quest 2012

Last week, Nigerian songstress Waje announced that she had been appointed as a judge on the new season of the Star Quest talent TV Reality Show. Congrats! We hope this new role does not delay the release of her debut album.

While Waje is presently journeying from state to state with the Star Quest team, we couldn’t help but notice her metamorphosis. Over the last few months, Waje has been working with a personal trainer to get her body into amazing shape, she has also worked with stylist Lucy Phil-Ebosie to transform her look to match her svelte new figure.

We’re loving the results! What do you think?

Waje - Before

Waje - After

See more photos of Lucy styling Waje via 360Nobs

Photo Credit: Waje | 360Nobs

1. MAMA PUT

February 22, 2012 at 10:36 am

Can’t see any dramatic difference in her weight. But, her dress sense “after” has indeed changed, she looks sexier, she’s accentuating her fabulous curves now. As opposed to previously hiding them. So, I don’t think she even needs to lose weight. She has a great body, she just needs good styling.

• Lue

February 22, 2012 at 11:37 am

u said it all, fab dress sense, no change in the physical look

• lolly

February 22, 2012 at 5:36 pm

i thought i was blind..

• Blossom

February 24, 2012 at 7:26 am

I don’t see no transformation ma’am.

2. BUKOLA

February 22, 2012 at 10:38 am

Great transformation…she’s doing just fine.

3. FREEZE

February 22, 2012 at 10:40 am

I SEE NO DIFFERENCE IN HER BODY SIZE!! :s

4. Dahlia Voka

February 22, 2012 at 10:53 am

@Mama Put u so right, she does not need to loose an weights she looks fabulous

5. twinx

February 22, 2012 at 10:55 am

her arms are definately smaller …..its a work in progress . wish her the best

6. angel eyes

February 22, 2012 at 11:03 am

waje is a big-boned- plus -sized -sexy lady, she doesnt need to lose weight, she aint overweight, she just needs to embrace her curves and dress right……..im sure losing weight wont even suit her…u go girl waje, im proud of u……….and to my plsu-sized celebs:waje, toolz, essence n co, u dont have to be ‘lepa’ to look sexy on the red carpet or anywear, just embrace ur curves n flaunt dem……….

7. tobi

February 22, 2012 at 11:33 am

Her style is much sexier now! Loving the new look.

8. Gidi

February 22, 2012 at 11:36 am

This weight loss craze drives me nuts. What weight is this lady losing?She does not even have enough curves in my eyes.
    She is just right in my eyes.
    She should make sure she does not lose those jugs of hers. Best part of her looks 🙂

9. babe

February 22, 2012 at 12:09 pm

No difference at all

10. soneno

February 22, 2012 at 12:48 pm

i THINK THE NEW WAJE IS COOL. SHE ALWAYS USED TO LOOK VERY FLABBY AND LOOSE LIKE A MOTHER OF SIX KIDS IN THE VILLAGE. TIGHTEN ALL DOES FLESH UP GURL, U ARE A DIVA

11. modupe

February 22, 2012 at 12:55 pm

to me she’s not plus size at all, she looks alright n her new style looks better. all d best in ur new endeavours.

12. eesha

February 22, 2012 at 1:14 pm

THEY ALL WANT TO ANOREXIC LOOKING NONI… SMH

13. eesha

February 22, 2012 at 1:14 pm

*be*

14. Miss M

February 22, 2012 at 1:19 pm

yes, plus-size can be sexy, but if she felt the need to loose weight, her business! im a plus size girl myself, and although everyone tells me i should embrace my curves etc, but doesnt mean I dont feel the need to lose some pounds in some areas which would make it easier to buy clothes! Waje looks good!!!! there’s a big difference! looking extra hot!

15. cynthy

February 22, 2012 at 1:35 pm

SHe is wearing my friend’s blazer,o’daniel clothings,i reckon wiv d best only

16. BukiOni

February 22, 2012 at 1:51 pm

She looks like she’s dropped a dress size and a half. Her waist is trimmer and her arms look more defined. She also looks more confident/sassy which is probably the reason behind the change of direction in her style. She’s celebrating her curves instead of hiding them. I’m happy for her x

17. lolozukky

February 22, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Hire a new make up artist.saw a picture of her and the 3live chics on twitter she was lookin like a million bucks which means she can look better than this

18. Francesca

February 22, 2012 at 2:24 pm

There isn’t too much of a difference in her size. She needed a stylist before and looks like she still does.

• ejiro

February 25, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Thank you. thought it was just me. The styling is still not good. her style game needs to be taken all the way UP!!!!

19. fokasibe

February 22, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I love me some Waje!!! I know she was a lil bigger than this and I’ve seen the effort she’s put into toning. You look fab girl! Keep it real sis….God bless you and lotsa hugs….Mwah!

20. Personal Shopper

February 22, 2012 at 2:38 pm

21. pynk

February 22, 2012 at 3:07 pm

She looks good now.

22. konnie

February 22, 2012 at 4:08 pm

She has lost a lot of weight and cleans up nice. Keep it up girl

23. Naveah

February 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm

This before and after is the least dramatic I have ever seen. She looks the same to me, no drastic change. The girl can blow and that is all that matters. Who ever is her management should just stop trying to pull a J-Hud transformation on this girl, she is NOT built to be a size 2 and she is not obese, leave her to dress classily and do what God gave her to do which is to bless people with the gift of her voice.

24. PurpleiciousBabe

February 22, 2012 at 4:49 pm

She looks goody… ilike

25. no dignity

February 22, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Well well well, think she looks beta….buh I stil feel she can do beta…c’mon mates, she’s supposd to b a celebrity

26. NEM

February 22, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I read in one her interviews that she isn’t a fashion forward person dats why I love her,she doesn’t lie to herself nd I think she has embraced who she is and her exercising is to stay firm nd healthy nt look skinny. Well done waje, we love u just the way u re nd ur voice is mad. Saw u on Sunday nd u wowed everyone even my aunt

27. allen

February 22, 2012 at 11:16 pm

:-/ lol..these titles sef

28. Mo

February 23, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Thank you oh…. i didnt even know which was the ‘before’ and ‘after’. She has lost weight but its definitely not dramatic!

29. Funto

February 23, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I love wane irrespective of how she looks. Adele has proven all we need is your voice! In btw……..is everyone now going to start doing a before and after…..like the widow’s makeover? Oh no waje you didn’t need to put this out!

30. oose

February 23, 2012 at 9:41 pm

the lashes abi eye weavon eee too much

31. foxy

February 23, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Love her *new style* especially dat blue jacket!

32. Folake

February 23, 2012 at 11:29 pm

I just have a question: Why we African women we like to put: Weave, false eye lashes, too much make up like baboon?? I am always natural..I bread my hair which is quite long..all the time, I dont like false eyelashes..because with the glue..it can lead to something else..and i wear my make up very classy..Truly..we don’t know what we have..but, African women are soooooooooo beautiful, my British friends envy my skin , and at 40 , i don’t even look like it..Be PROUD AFRICANS..BE PROUD.. stop the false hair, eyelashes, make up, nails, and let us be natural..we have assets

33. joinmecelebrate

February 24, 2012 at 9:00 am

thanks Folake…. just hope they r listening.

34. tatafo!

February 24, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Love Waje! Nothing was wrong with you before dear.
    I prefer her before hair-do it brought out her beautiful smile more.

35. Yellow sissy

February 26, 2012 at 10:06 am

You PEOPLE are liarsssss where is the transformation? Who is paying u to talk?