News

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Hakeem Kae-Kazim, Jim Iyke, Ali Nuhu & Jide Kosoko star in Obi Emelonye’s “Last Flight to Abuja” – Watch the Trailer Now!

After his success with “Mirror Boy”, writer/producer/director, Obi Emelonye is back with a nail-biting thriller – “Last Flight to Abuja“.

With a long list of stars on board including Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Hakeem Kae-Kazim, Jim Iyke, Ali Nuhu & Jide Kosoko and an exciting premise, this movie certainly looks promising.

Look out for a new crop of actors including Anthony Monjaro, Uche Odoputa, Uru Eke, Jennifer Oguzie and Olumide Bakare plus PR Executive Celine Loader‘s acting debut as one of the pilots.

The Synopsis
Based on true events…

A set of everyday Nigerian travelers’s board the last Flamingo Airways flight scheduled to fly from Lagos to Abuja on a fateful Friday night in 2006.

The plane cruises at 30,000 feet, tranquil and on schedule.
But like a bolt out of the blue, through a mixture of human error, technical failure and sheer bad luck, the plane rapidly develops major difficulties that sends it teetering on the brink of disaster.

As the pilots fight with the controls of the stricken aeroplane, a series of flashbacks unravel the twists, turns and leaps of fate that put each passenger on the fateful flight.

Young lovers, an elderly couple, a corporate party, a sportsman on the threshold of greatness; all the passengers are caught up in the nightmare scenario and sense the final moments of their lives approach. All…except one!
What does he know?

Will they survive…The last flight to Abuja?

1. Bolanle

February 15, 2012 at 9:34 am

Ohhh, this looks good!

2. Homely

February 15, 2012 at 9:50 am

Hmm…*rubbing hands together*

3. T4Toyin

February 15, 2012 at 9:55 am

Oh wow! I love the cast…looks promising!

4. my thoughts exactly

February 15, 2012 at 10:07 am

Well nice project to be complementary, but on the other thought…….its based on a true story that brings back pain-filled memories for many, which they struggled to forget. I don’t think it was necessary to re-enact the indecent

• TeeTee

February 16, 2012 at 6:02 am

I can’t see past *incident..NOT INDECENT…#someoneshouldhavepaidattentioninclass

5. Ginika

February 15, 2012 at 10:30 am

Jehova, I no watch ooo if the plane crashes in this movie. AH! I want to haev sanity and peace of mind when I’m flying and not end up thinking of this movie.

It looks dope and I’m really proud of my country, we use what we have and try to make the best of it. Nollywood is growing even with massive budgets, we make it happen.

6. Sheila

February 15, 2012 at 10:31 am

oh wow….i hope it’s as captivating as the trailer

7. feyi

February 15, 2012 at 10:47 am

jim iyke, omotola, hakeem lol. *swallows spit* i reserve my comments

8. Aibee

February 15, 2012 at 11:03 am

Okay. Uche Odoputa is not by any stretch of the imagination a ‘new crop of actors’. the dude has been in Nollywood since like for ever. If the Olumide Bakare is the same one that acts Yoruba Movies, then he is also not new crop. PR agents should learn to get their facts right, abeg.

• Turayo

February 16, 2012 at 6:23 am

thank you!!!

9. naijalove

February 15, 2012 at 11:05 am

@ my thoughts exactly hollywood re-inacts true stories way worse than this sooo…..

10. adenike

February 15, 2012 at 11:12 am

@my thoughts exactly….I quite understand your point but I think it’s because we’re quite sentimental in this part of the world (Please don’t take that personal). We watch American movies go all out with true life stories,re-enactment etc. How about Michael Wintterbottom’s A Mighty Heart (Angelina Jolie)? Most of us cried and appreciated the movie. Stories are meant to be told,America thrives on its history-both good and ugly(they are written in books,movies etc). I think it’s high time Nollywood moved on to better scripts,acting and directing. We complain everyday about their predictable storylines – rich boy meets poor girl,rituals etc,this is quite different.. Let’s encourage this one.

• Marock

February 15, 2012 at 12:24 pm

U just spoke my mind…

• Tiki

February 15, 2012 at 7:21 pm

The Rock, I see you! And I agree with you.

• Anthony Monjaro

February 15, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Well said Adenike, you are a true trooper of Nollywood.
      Many thanks for your support.

Anthony Monjaro (Captain on Last Flight To Abuja)

• Truth be told

February 15, 2012 at 11:26 pm

thanks. you said it all. I was just going to reply to @my thoughts exactly. this is verrryyy different from usual nollywood stories and i welcome it. the person who’s story it is based on i believe gave consent and that is enough. i’m not insensitive but we all watch hollywood movies based on true stories, we cry, laugh and love it, are inspired but when it comes to nollywood, we do not want the same. i’m impressed with this trailer although there was a part that the plane looked animated and fake. i hope that is not part of the movie but it looks nice overall

• brittany

February 16, 2012 at 5:07 pm

u have sense oooo..were u born on the sabbath day?ure intellectual capacity is beyond belief..lol..but what u said..true dat

11. CaRaMeL SeXy NoNi

February 15, 2012 at 11:16 am

FILM MAKERS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO MARKET THEIR MOVIES, ESPECIALLY THEIR TRAILERS, I MEAN……..SPEECHLESS

12. Bangor chic

February 15, 2012 at 11:22 am

OMG! am IMPRESSED!

13. Couture By Makioba

February 15, 2012 at 11:45 am

i am so impressed…can’t wait…

14. Ms. Sassy Eyes

February 15, 2012 at 11:55 am

Lol at the clouds outside the cockpit windows. be like cartoon.

Looking forward to it sha.

• spicy

February 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm

hahaha,i saw that too…it still looks good though, this is the first time i’m actually looking forward to a nollywood release based solely on the trailer

• Truth be told

February 15, 2012 at 11:27 pm

yeah. thot there was a part that the plane looked animated too. it was obvious so pls they shouldnt put it in the movie

15. Pkay

February 15, 2012 at 11:55 am

First time i ever had goose bumps watching a Nigerian movie trailer…hmnnnn

16. Teris

February 15, 2012 at 12:04 pm

ugh, please! don’t hold ur breath. i can see evidence of over-acting already. when(re) is that movie with Rita Dom? that trailer held more potential.

anyway, not to be a complete @$$ about this, at least the person directing this seems to be committed even the actors are still nollywooding. still, not interested.

nollywood productions still have a way to go before the stuff they churn out is worth the watch. and their actors can use this very good tip: americans talk like americans. for crying out loud who do u meet in real life that talks the way nollywodians talk…stilted speech and unconvincing rhetoric! at s.t.p. Nigerians don’t read and they don’t write which is why they can’t comprehend “too much english” and there is new slang appearing everyday: “jabo”, “maga”, “gbagaun”. we use shortcuts in our everyday speech. abeggii.

• Tam

February 15, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Sorry, but i cant see any evidence of overacting in this. I feel the the acting from the trailer is realistic and spot on giving the situation. And i think its unfair to tell people not to hold their breath, fair enough if you dont like the look of it but you shouldnt discourage anyone who might be interested in seeing it.

• Gidi

February 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm

you sound too angry. What’s the matter? Bad valentine?

• Angela

February 15, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Can you just give them a little credit instead of being such a pessimist!

• Ginika

February 16, 2012 at 11:30 am

Alright Teris, I’ve heard you and your point has been noted. Now let us just solve this ‘nollywooding’ and you either do one of the following:
      a. Act
      b. Produce and Direct
      c. Write a script

Please also dont fail to publish it, so we can all see and comment.

Your contributions will be much appreciated. Something tells me you are the hero we have all been waiting for to save nollywood.

17. Twix

February 15, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Impressive

18. Gidi

February 15, 2012 at 1:07 pm

It had better be good.
    I’ll wait for others to see it and based on their reviews i will consider.
    Mirror Boy was the worst flick i saw at the cinema last year. I hope Obi Emelonye will redeem himself.

19. AlittleHumor

February 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm

@ Terris, biko go and sit down my fren! We know you trained Steven Spielberg! it’s okay for Americans to use “innit, yeah mehn” but its not for Nigerians to say jabo, gbagaun etc abi? Nwoke m ga noro ani! Your talk no hold water!…..you that can speak and write, check your punctuations! Writer ni, Chimamanda ko!

• Omozo

February 15, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Ha! Ha! Speak it jare. http://www.onaturals.blogspot.com

• Teris

February 15, 2012 at 2:50 pm

@alittlehumour: that’s my point actually. i can “hear” what u’ve just typed. but nollywood cannot re-enact ur response. they will over-english-ize this little interaction like a bad play and try to use up every cliche possible in the dialogue.

@Tam: my apologies..u go right ahead and hold ur breath, great expectations and so on. i simply responded to Sheila’s “wow..” nollywood is yet to impress me. and before someone goes off abt my big head, as a consumer being enticed to buy a product, i ought to be impressed.

@gidi: umm…

• Ginika

February 16, 2012 at 11:38 am

AlittleHumor, What do you mean Terris trained steven, na Terris born steven spielberg, dines with Angelina and has tea with Samuel l. Jackson.

20. jack

February 15, 2012 at 1:16 pm

ah,poor graphics

21. JoJo

February 15, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Yes, about time. Great action packed movie from Nollywood. Can’t wait

22. cathy

February 15, 2012 at 3:27 pm

i would love to watch it in full

23. Ndidi

February 15, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Looks promising.

24. m2

February 15, 2012 at 4:16 pm

This looks promising.

25. Chi-ka

February 15, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I don’t know why anyone would sound negative about this trailer. I’m honestly impressed and the trailer made me look forward to seeing the movie. We may not be at the level where the sky outside the plane looks real, but we are getting there. Nollywood is evolving, and all we need to do as consumers is encourage them. We complained about too many rituals and the same story lines. They listened, now people are complaining. SMH! Human beings…never satisfied.
    Having said that, I want to know if this movie will play in the US at some point because I will definitely come out to support. Good job!!!

26. Nomy

February 15, 2012 at 5:06 pm

This looks good! Looks like a must watch! Meanwhile any other airline about to start up in the near future should cancel out the name flamingo.

27. Ure

February 15, 2012 at 5:21 pm

this is definitely a movie i will like to see. Obi Emelonye, good work!

28. Stacie

February 15, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Poor graphics, looks too cartoonic, but hey they tried

29. Written

February 15, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Those graphics, those graphics, those graphics…spoilt it for me. Couldn’t they have left that bit out?

30. Tiki

February 15, 2012 at 7:30 pm

what are these stupid glasses jim Iyke wears? someone should tell him they don’t make him seem more intelligent than he actually is! The reverse is true.

31. gimmo

February 15, 2012 at 7:53 pm

been looking forward to an Omotola movie seriously. I thought Ties that bind would be out but ive not heard its come to Nigeria so you can imagine my exitement to watch this trailer/ I agree that the graphics could be better, otherwise, OMOSEXY looked gorgeous as usual and i know she’s very picky with projects she does so ….i am so looking forward to this! Yah go omotola….

32. Joy

February 15, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Now this looks like one movie that was written properly, the trailer is sensible unlike other a kata nigerian movies like black berry babes lmao

33. emelie

February 15, 2012 at 8:41 pm

lol @ d bad valentine!!!!!!

34. Bianca

February 16, 2012 at 12:42 am

Nollywood doing a movie with no copycat of names from Americans. With a good trailer with no yelling. Praise the Lord, Hallelujah.
    Looking forward to it.

35. ibk

February 17, 2012 at 5:34 pm

wack graphics…….looks like simulated auto card…….really wack graphics

36. eno

February 18, 2012 at 8:53 am

Comon! This looks good, very impressive. Nigerian movies are gradually getting there. Yeah the graphics seem a bit much but even some american films have crazy graphics, but its all good since it’s american abi? Plus if you must critize do it constructively, imagine u were the one wearing the shoes? you would definately appreciate honest criticism so you can do better next time.

37. Solomon O. Shaibu

February 18, 2012 at 6:58 pm

UNA DEY TRY WELLA.You guys are realy taking NOLLYWOOD to its ZENITH more grease to your elbow.

38. Juju

February 18, 2012 at 8:23 pm

ok oh i like d concept o but dis one dat plane is crashing they better make it look real and crash it well not goin to cut out one plane crash from anoda movie n join inside dats my own opinion

39. L.A Chick

February 18, 2012 at 10:22 pm

It would be hard to watch this movie although the quality of the movie seems top notch! Those crashes were the most traumatic events I experienced during my stay in Nigeria…I still remember the crash of the Bellview Flight 210 on October 22, 2005 in a village called Lisa in the Ifo local government area of Ogun State. Three ECOWAS staff members died in this crash. My dad was working for ECOWAS then and he could have been in that flight because he went on mission in Sierra Leone with his colleagues who died in the crash. From Sierra Leone, they came to Lagos, and they were all to return to Abuja on that flight. By the Grace of God, my dad went to Ghana after Sierra Leone instead of coming back to Nigeria directly… My dad boss, General Diarra, Deputy Executive Secretary of ECOWAS died in the crash along with 2 other ECOWAS staff members. One of them, a German national who was a consultant for ECOWAS was one of my best friend fiance. Before that fatal mission, in March 2005, he traveled with her to Dubai where he proposed to her… Their traditional wedding was supposed to take place December 2005… As I am writing this, I am crying over all the people who died in this crash and all the crashes Nigeria experienced during that time. May their soul rest in peace….

• Anthony Monjaro

February 20, 2012 at 8:59 am

Amen my sister. My heart goes out to the families of those who lost their lives during that period. It was a great tragedy for a lot of families. My research counted 4 plane crashes that happen around that period. But thank God Nigeria aviation has learnt from that experience and we hope we continues to experience safer air travels.
      Also I want to take this opportunity to thank all above for all their comments. It is appreciated and we promise to continue to tell our stories and learn from our past.

God Bless you all.

One Love… Anthony Monjaro (Flight captain in the movie Last Flight To Abuja)

40. siimy

February 20, 2012 at 11:29 am

Am just wondering y ‘Jara’ hasn’t said anything abt dis movie……… Helen nd Uti hw far?

41. Funto

February 22, 2012 at 8:41 am

How did I almost miss this post! Kai all these travelling’s putting me out of touch. Now I love this. If am right?this should be the first events based triller from Nollywood.I wasn’t mighty impressed with mirror boy story and acting wise but I saw this man’s potential.He obviously has gone bigger! With the story,artistes and scope. Okay,now you talking!omotola,Hakeem from lost…pls God let the effects be great and I know this will be a home run!touchdown…can’t wait.

42. Funto

February 22, 2012 at 8:50 am

Yes the plane crashes then was sad but if done properly,will be a tribute /what went wrong reference for a time in history. 9/11 is a bigger mishap but hollywood has done many movies recording what happened. This in my opinion is the New and Better Nollywood.Am impressed Omotola is at the forefront of steering this wheel again just like she did with Ije which changed the face of Nigerian movies in cinema…they all dey try. Kudos woman,I’m a great fan!in btw thanks for the widows stuff.haven’t posted since then. Welldone to this vissionaires for a movie in this direction….really cool.

43. victor

February 28, 2012 at 8:37 am

i cannot wait to see the movie,when is the movie coming out?