Music

Over 200 Million Views! The Top 15 Nigerian Artistes of YouTube…But Who’s On Top? Naeto C? M.I? Banky W? 2Face? Don Jazzy? Find Out

Nigeria is a country full of talent and an innate flair for entertainment. And, our Nigerian musicians are always doing it big, at home or anywhere around the globe. From sold out shows in the UK to star studded events in Nigeria; from international superstar song features to international record deals; our Nigerian musicians are always ready to trump themselves in their achievements. This Youtube top 15 list just proves that our brand is not just for our own audiences but globally commercial and making tidal waves worldwide.

” Storm 360 is proud to announce the official top 15 list of Nigerian artists on Youtube, as you can see this list which is about 3 weeks old, so the numbers will increase just shows how far our music travels and how popular it is. Imagine that this is for Nigerian artists, remember all the issues to do with connectivity, speed, access, and then the fact that these views are 90% from the diaspora so almost all external to Nigeria. At over 200m views from over 90 countries what this tells us is that our music is mass popular, it is global and without any millions of dollars in advertising, without any support from government or organized private sector we have penetrated. To my mind this is something to be immensely proud of, everyday someone somewhere discovers our music, they are now discovering our comedy and of course they know Nollywood. All of us at Storm salute the artists on this list, those that paved the way and those who are yet to break out, our young people are immensely talented and with all the doom and gloom around it is good to have some positive news to communicate out of Nigeria. We want to salute our artists for making us proud, for flying the flag and for showing the world another side to the multifaceted personality that makes up the Nigerian, keep on rocking to that sweet Naija music!” – Obi Asika, CEO,Storm 360

Here are the top 15 Nigerian Artists with the highest cumulative views on Youtube:

1. 2Face45,553,558 Views

11. Ice Prince5,949,721 views

12. Dr. Sid5,459,861 views

13. Eldee5,109,302 views

14. Brymo3,509,002 Views

15. Darey3,373,192 Views
Total-  213,261,023 views

And, to all the African Stars that will be representing the continent today and tomorrow at SXSW 2012, we say Kudos!

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. D Pretty

March 20, 2012 at 11:30 am

Tubaba for life..

2. Personal Shopper

March 20, 2012 at 11:33 am

Nice. Happy for them all

3. spicee

March 20, 2012 at 11:35 am

How does MI get more views than Psquare or Dagrin more than Banky W??#justaskinh sha..more power 2all of them.

• Addy

March 20, 2012 at 11:50 am

my thought exactly.Anyway na just view sa, its not as if it automatically translates to money!

• Ready

March 20, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Let me tell you how…MI is one of my favorite artistes ever…and when I feel homesick/lovelorn/whatever, there’s probably an MI song that’ll take care of that situation..hence, I hit the replay button severally. I don’t do that for too many Nigerian artistes, I mean I love Banky but I don’t hit the replay button for any of his songs as much as I do One Naira or Waving Flag remix. It’s all about that replay thing.

• JustAskingToo

April 21, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Are you serious?

4. Ade

March 20, 2012 at 11:45 am

Come on how about Whisky?

5. judd

March 20, 2012 at 11:58 am

Not a single female artiste? We need to get Omawunmi in there…she’s easily the best real female singer/entertainer we have had in Nigeria in recent times.

• moi

March 20, 2012 at 3:09 pm

yes o with her bottom belle

6. WildChild

March 20, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Why is don jazzy on the list? Is he an artist?? Does he have a single??? And how did Banky W enter the list and Wizkid’s no where to be found?! List is obvsly crap.

• Jide

April 23, 2012 at 10:56 pm

List is not obviously crap.. its a cumulation of views from different videos. banky has way more singles than wizkid and been in the industry for a very long time. most people fail to understand that banky has been there longer than most, he just turned up in nigeria later on. plus he features on so many tracks wizkid is only really just getting revved up.

7. Couture By Makioba

March 20, 2012 at 12:09 pm

tubaba…….for sure…

8. Redcarpetgoat

March 20, 2012 at 12:27 pm

i wonder o!

9. Gemma

March 20, 2012 at 12:33 pm

No female artists? le sigh.

10. faith

March 20, 2012 at 12:40 pm

bcos 50% of Psquare’s fans r local ppl dat do not even know about You tube….

11. wirj

March 20, 2012 at 12:52 pm

My 2BABA……Long live the Master himself!!!! I love Idibia

12. christy

March 20, 2012 at 1:10 pm

9ice,Eldee nd banky w,I luv u guys so much dat I can sell my birthright 4 it.hw come Asa s nt among d list?weda she s or nt,she s so dear 2 my heart,I play her song evryday,have d CD,have al d song n my phone,as my ringing tone.I dreamt I ve meant u personaly,I curse d day I woke 4rm dat dream.

• adewizzy

June 26, 2012 at 3:00 pm

i luv asa also she has carved another different niche for herself in the world music market

13. Nma

March 20, 2012 at 1:18 pm

MI doesn’t even make videos for most of his songs….lol

I am really surprised that Psquare isnt at least number 2 on the list…all their vids are up there in numbers. Did they take into account the artists’ videos posted on other people’s channels?

• kerry

March 20, 2012 at 2:03 pm

True… chocolate city group be serious Ijebu… MI has has abt 5-6 videos from over 50 songs in 5yrs

14. Lue

March 20, 2012 at 1:46 pm

not surprised 2face is number 1. hes too good

15. Funmie

March 20, 2012 at 2:03 pm

oh Lawd, like D’banj head never wan burst finish…

16. Austine Da Whizchap

March 20, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Yes ooooooo…….2Baba For Life; Big ups to all Naija Artists!

17. abimbola

March 20, 2012 at 2:41 pm

lolz @ faith, you are so funny and damn right! no hard feelings for psquare bt 50% of their fans are local champions

18. I said it

March 20, 2012 at 2:48 pm

This is a big lie..Psquare would have been first …i dont know what happened and iroko took down all their videos early this year, so now they have had to re release all their videos and even with the view theyve got so far …they have done well…I love naija music and i listen to all this artist but no one can dehy that psquare is teh highest viewed artist in naija…followed by dbanj then wizkid

• I said it

March 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm

*deny

19. fy

March 20, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Ahn ahn wherez wizkid n evn waje self??ds list z nt complete o!

20. ebi

March 20, 2012 at 2:57 pm

where is whizkid?

21. Daniel Ajayi

March 20, 2012 at 4:38 pm

How is it that mi is higher than p square

22. nich

March 20, 2012 at 5:20 pm

anybody who believes this is stupid……MI OR BANKY OR D’BANJ………FAKE …….

all the artists listed here combined together does not have the number of views for p-square,

tuface is nowhere near the first or second…….if u doubt check it for yourself…….

• Timi Da' Uyi

April 2, 2012 at 5:11 pm

When was the last time you log onto Youtube dude? making noise dont change it, just keep clicking on your favourite artiste and b4 u kno, gbam! he is on top. Until then, SDFU!!!

23. Just

March 20, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Hahaha.. the writer of this story…do you really believe in this list? You have to explain which type of videos were included. Is it official videos, does in include videos which were later deleted? the list looks like an April Fool one. My grandpa even knows that P-Square cannot be at number 4 when it comes to most viewed Nigerian artistes videos on youtube.

24. marvel

March 20, 2012 at 11:36 pm

That’s more like it. Tuface is truly 2 much!!

25. Honey

March 21, 2012 at 12:47 am

Chop my money remix by p-square had d highest view ever (by a naija artist)in it’s first week of release.

26. All about Nigeria

March 21, 2012 at 12:58 am

Nigerians are just the bomb… Nigerian music makes me proud to be nigerian – at least, some of them do. lol.

27. Kay

March 21, 2012 at 5:38 am

I would sit here & wonder, wonder, wonder, like some of the other people here, but IMO, this doesn’t really say much because people listen to their music from other youtube channels as well. Its not just their official pages on youtube that carry their music. Then again, if this list is a compilation of ALL videos in which their music is featured, then i guess i would have to come to terms with it.

28. NNENNE

March 22, 2012 at 12:09 am

How did they compile the list? It is totally different from the list I see on YOutube . Psquare should be on top. Check their views on their videos .

29. Joy

March 24, 2012 at 11:03 pm

The one and only 2face. Soon, the whole Nigeria, Africa will only listen to their own artists, no oyibo artists anymore. Nigerians, keep making us proud. Wait, where is Asa or Nneka? Those two are talented female artists because I know they have a large fanbase.

30. heckler

March 29, 2012 at 3:42 pm

This list is crap. I just lost all respect for Storm 360.

31. Obi

March 29, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I’m sorry Mr Asika these numbers are fraudulent. 12,791 videos by Jude Abaga?? In which world were these figures concocted. If Storm have nothing better to do than fabricate numbers for a post on Bella Naija then business must really be bad. P-Square are by far the most watched Nigerian artists on Youtube. Does Don Jazzy even have a Youtube Channel? I’m sure MohitsTv is their channel. Can you please verify the source of the ‘statistics’ Mr Asika. This list is by no means official so should not be tagged thus.

32. slaga

April 19, 2012 at 10:18 am

2baba u r de king mi and eldee i lv u guys

33. lala

April 22, 2012 at 12:44 am

cmon bellanaija have a twitter or facebook button to share ur articles

34. selassie

May 9, 2012 at 2:27 am

wetin hapun 2 WIZKID?

35. Eddy peters

July 2, 2012 at 2:16 pm

2baba!mak dem 4get view or wateva..one tin is dat 2baba…!ur away nd beyound album..don mak me mad..ma god!none of dese african or nigeria so call mucisian,,starting 4rm dbang psquare nd d rest..can 4 eva sing mature minded muzik..check am out na…aba!see spiritual healing,,dance in d rain,omotosan etc..2face must be excluded out of dose niger artist 4rm now…no comparism again..

36. onyia darlington

August 4, 2012 at 9:11 am

p square is the best musician in nigeria

37. oyewole stephen

August 14, 2012 at 5:52 pm

this is just fake list atlist psquare must be on top

38. Dare

September 13, 2012 at 10:17 pm

d’s a true list…dey r d artiste projecting Nigeria and Africa…tumbs up. But seriously where is Bracket esp their “yori yori”

39. Adeleke Adebowale

September 22, 2012 at 3:27 pm

It is good to love an artist or prefer one to the other.It is better to go by authentic record and not sentiment.Get the following facts and sources.D’banj was the best selling artist in africa for 2006,2007 and 2008.(See JJC-WIKIPEDIA in GOOGLE SEARCH).D’banj is likely to retain it in 2011 and 2012 with his all loving album track “OLIVER TWIST”.First Nigerian and perhaps African track to make UK’s top ten is D’banj’s oliver twist.Not P Square,not 2 face.D’banj’s Oliver twist alone had racked up about 25 Million views on youtube-this includes audio as recorded in the various dancing Competition and the videos.D’banj’s Oliver twist is therefore the most viewed African Artist’s single track on youtube.Do not rely on news,make news yourself by doing research.2faceIdibia does not have a single track that hits a million on youtube.P Square is doing just great by hitting nearly 15 million on CHOP MY MONEY,had good numbers on DO ME and both occupied 2nd and 3rd most viewed single track.WHIZKID,the latest sensation with his BET(US)Best African Artist Award has two tracks with over a million.WHIZKID’S PAKURUMO has a combined 3 Million youtube views .9ce,Banky W,Darey etc are not doing bad.D’banj has also made more artist and contributed to their growth than any other artist thus becoming the most influential artist in Africa.For instance,His phrase “I Am D”banj”in some artist’s album creates the impression that D’banj was the artist singing and their ratings got a boost of high magnitude.Examples is Sakodie’s and de Prince tracks.Infact De prince track that is nearly hiting a million on youtube was listed under D’banjs page on youtube.People listen because of the phrase “I am D’banj”.I just don’t know how this list came out with2 face Idibia as number one most viewed.Pls go to you tube yourself.Don’t be deceived.D’banj is presently the greatest Nigerian and African best artist,followed by P square.Fela Anikulapo Kuti remains the most viewed Nigerian most viewed old school artist with combined overall of about 12 Million.

40. BigT Bxt

January 24, 2013 at 3:57 pm

My name is Big T Bxt entertainment musician hip hop singer good in rap,and sing. 4 Eruku to Lagos my album we coming out very soon title fanku fan

41. Pes

March 21, 2013 at 1:46 am

Tubaba naani

42. Isaac bet

November 19, 2013 at 11:02 pm

d likes of justin bieber n timberlake n so on r gettin over 500million veiws buh dough 2baba is still d best