Music

BN Bytes: The Mo’Hits Saga Continues | Don Jazzy Responds To D’Banj’s Interview on Ascology News | JJC Calls D’Banj a Bad Seed on His Exclusive Nigezie Interview

After the release of D’Banj‘s Interview with Ayeni Adekunle of thenetng, Ascology news got an exclusive phone interview with Don Jazzy.

This is what Don Jazzy had to say:

“I want to be clear on something that I’m not interested in going into the debates of whatever D’banj has said, be it through an interview, the press, social media or whatever. People should try and understand that these are very difficult moments for me and I need my space, time and moment to carry on with my life and the production of good music which is what fans have known me for a very long time.”

He then dismissed claims of D’Banj‘s expenditure on houses, cars and so on for the Mo’Hits crew and referred to it as  “laughable and not worth responding to this early morning”.

He also added:

“When this whole thing started, I felt people needed to know what’s happening and in all civility, maturity and wisdom, I made those less than 140 words tweet in 3 separate lines, now see where it has led me to. Mo’Hits is a family and D’banj is like its son and families do quarell. Expecting me to come out and start countering accusations by one of my best friends ever while accusing him also in the process doesn’t justify my guilt or my innocence or that of his, He (D’banj) however has a right to his opinion to grant interviews to whoever he wishes to grant interview to, I won’t stop him and won’t stop anyone who wants to believe whatever he says either.

“Really, if I start responding to every single accusation, then the ‘lazy’ person I’ve been called would come out, and the ‘Fake’ person I am according to critics would obviously come out since I’m not a talkative and you the media know that, I want the handwork of my music productions and the proceeds of good music at Mo’Hits to speak for itself, so asking me to comment on issues like this, I really am not just interested, personally my advice to fans is to concentrate on good music from Mo’Hits and huhh….well even from D’banj himself, music is what we were made to create and not controversies”

– Bamidele Ashigbin, Ascology News.

So, it seems Don Jazzy is being fairly diplomatic with his handling of the issues but apparently, he is not the only one roused by the D’Banj interview.

JJC (aka Skillz) was absolutely outraged by D’Banj‘s comments about him in the interview about how “he cheated Don Jazzy and how they “didn’t go anywhere in four years” and so much more.

So, the Nigezie crew got an exclusive interview with the Big Boyz Entertainment CEO and here’s how it went down (below), Wande Coal‘s name got involved here somewhere.

Check on it.

In other news, D’Banj now has a verified profile on Twitter.

Credits: Nigezie | Ascology News | Maxibeats | crazynigeriannews | Korrectnation

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. Laila Ikeji

April 26, 2012 at 10:12 am

Na so ooo. this their story don dey tire some persons abeg. its gud gist, yes bt haba, i comment my reserve.

2. jide

April 26, 2012 at 10:13 am

nawaoo for this people. I believe a person’s beginning does not dictate his future. The way i see it, they should wish eachother the best and just move on. Plus since JJc and others claim donjazzy na the reason dbanj made it this big, I think we should all wait and see what caliber of music dbanj bags without the don and dbanj magic. I just wish them the best. Dbanj I think you should also give respect to those who helped ya. Other than that, jjc video was mad funny.

• Roxy

April 26, 2012 at 1:16 pm

You have said it all!!

3. Moi

April 26, 2012 at 10:15 am

am i d only one fed up of this Mo’hits saga???…………..seriously???…d world doesnt revolve around u guys. pls move on biko!

4. PD

April 26, 2012 at 10:18 am

NEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

5. LPS

April 26, 2012 at 10:20 am

Ghen Ghen..Dbanj vs DonJazzy part…..?

6. anuoluwapo soyemi

April 26, 2012 at 10:20 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm real saga

7. choclate

April 26, 2012 at 10:28 am

WOOW! This is hott!

8. Gabbie

April 26, 2012 at 10:30 am

Much better Don Jazzy! Just keep mute and get on with your life. All the best of luck.

9. admin

April 26, 2012 at 10:38 am

wande coal in trouble…i knew for for fact tht dbanj lacks lyrics…but this guy is too blunt jo..hin dey talk with all him mouth…man need to hold back sometime …

10. aby

April 26, 2012 at 10:44 am

smh

11. Henry Abba

April 26, 2012 at 11:04 am

Chaii…JJC don vex oo and Dbanj don enter real trouble be dat. shikenah!

12. peter

April 26, 2012 at 11:15 am

next person, wande coal what do u have to say?

13. StraitTwistedMe

April 26, 2012 at 11:15 am

Maturity at it’s peak. Dbanj should take a leaf from that.

14. Movie Junkie

April 26, 2012 at 11:19 am

Pls im bored of this saga already, like who really cares self! bid urselves farewell and focus on your individual careers.

15. udsparkles....

April 26, 2012 at 11:23 am

GRAB….s PoPCORN……this is getting really interesting!!!!!!

16. Toinlicious

April 26, 2012 at 11:26 am

gen gen. next please

17. Ron

April 26, 2012 at 11:32 am

LMAO!! The video is hilarious.

18. Ako

April 26, 2012 at 11:33 am

I am soooooo disappointed. This is going on and on and on. I mean guys, you are all grown ups. You do not need to fight and slander yourselves in public. Truth is everyone has their faults and no one is totally blameless but I expect y’all to act like the men you are supposed to be. No one can force you guys to stay together, but does it have to end this way??? I am embarrassed for all of you. The saying ‘silence is golden’ actually means alot, you know? Grow up guys!!!

• Oby

April 26, 2012 at 11:12 pm

I dont know who you are, but i feel like your talking without thinking. There is no disappoinment in all of them., its only D banj. Don Jazzy didnt talk at all, he is mature about the situation, and as for JJC, i can feel his pain. Its sad when you help someone get to were they are and they slander you after they make it, its unfair. I believe before someone starts bashing people involved in a sory, they should really analyze it before saying anything.

19. ogo

April 26, 2012 at 11:40 am

Na d’banj start trouble oo!! Yarning sooo arrogantly… Humility pays o!! Always.. And try keep ya mouth shut, as in, really everyone of u!

20. deni

April 26, 2012 at 11:48 am

not a big fan of ping pong rundown banters. shut up all of you and focus on sustainable success….shh……..back to work

21. juliet

April 26, 2012 at 11:48 am

too fake

22. Joanna

April 26, 2012 at 11:49 am

Next plzzzzzzz …. Stale News!!!

23. Niño

April 26, 2012 at 11:55 am

I LOVE IT????NOT FOLLOWING THE SAGA but I love how JJC killed it….and I know this is the truth…..THE PPLE WHO went to LASU with Dbanj tell me he is an EGBE…..DON Jazzy, I love u more now for this……MATURITY…..and I know u will bring me better music…DBanj….remember o….PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL!!!! I sense your fall is around the corner

24. SweetJoanna

April 26, 2012 at 11:57 am

Na wa oooo

25. melzy

April 26, 2012 at 11:58 am

na wa o

26. Miss Sarcasm

April 26, 2012 at 12:09 pm

tired of dis shit,,,,can we all move on abeg

27. DFD

April 26, 2012 at 12:20 pm

D vid’s soundtrack do fit to d whole interview.lol. If dis is true. Na wa 4 D’banj.

28. DFD

April 26, 2012 at 12:24 pm

#to# pls ignore

29. happiness

April 26, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Don jazzy is so mature with is interview and i think the media should let them be.

30. Desire

April 26, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Wow..talking of men b**ching each other. Grow up you lot.

31. Bimby

April 26, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I seem to like Don Jazzy’s matured approach to d whole brouhaha. Its no longer news dat they av gone their separate ways due to irreconcilable differences. I personally think both parties should just move on and let sleeping dogs lie. I’ve never liked Dbanj’s personality. D guy reeks of pride!

32. remi

April 26, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Popcorn and soda pls!

33. Martha

April 26, 2012 at 1:31 pm

lol……..jjc small small now!!! i cant stop laughting. cant everyone move on pls. #still laughing#

34. Debbie Egwuogu

April 26, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Lmho! Make una just move on na! Its ok! We don hear,and we are tired of the talk… U guys should get back to work and lets know who the looser is.

35. Berry Choco Latte

April 26, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Ok, D’Banj and Don Jazzy/Mo’Hits are kaput, we’ve heard you. Now kindly disappear cos we’re getting tired of the back and forth. Come back when either of you has good music to put out.

36. Bewi

April 26, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Feelings are hurt, egos are bruised right now.I just hope with time the settle it and even work together in the future. I however, do not think Dbanj is going to make an impact with his new record label.

37. Shanloma

April 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm

This is getting so interesting, is really fun, i am waiting for the next rejoinder, my brother from another mother don, i appriciate your maturity in this matter, you are the bomb but not boko haram anyway, i give you kudos and i know yu will be coming out strong, we your fans will make sure d’banj music dont sale in NAIJA, He will soon be USA ciziten were he wash cars lol

38. christy

April 26, 2012 at 2:02 pm

When the country s in turmoil wit dis boko haram stuff,pple are stil busy wit dis two

39. Bewi

April 26, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Honestly, Dbanj needs to take it easy & stop burning bridges.HE HAD better make it with Good Music o, cos it seems like he has nothing to fall back on in Nigeria again

40. kelly

April 26, 2012 at 2:12 pm

d banj?never trusted hm. team jazzy 4 LIFE

41. feran

April 26, 2012 at 2:24 pm

oh plzzzzzzzzzzz! who is the wannabe making noise in that interview?????? he should look for better ways of publicizing himself. As for d’banj and don jazzy, GET A ROOM!

42. Karen

April 26, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Na wa for this dude oh.
    BN this video was just a distraction- and Cheap publicity!
    All hail Don Jazy joh…

43. Lulu

April 26, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I think Dbanj is biting more than he can chew! Life is more fraile than dt! We know u’re big, we know u have money, but u never tomorrow!! If it doesnt work out for u both, then part peacefully!! Settle ur diff and move on, such is life, stop rattling like a woman…..lol!! Disagreements & problems are all part of life………move on my guys

44. chibaby

April 26, 2012 at 3:58 pm

this interview is the highest!!lmaooo!!!

45. Nonso chidozie[Ezenwa]

April 26, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Don jazzy is my man, d banj should give him some respect biko

46. gimmer

April 26, 2012 at 4:38 pm

when is this coming to a cinema near me?

47. gimmer

April 26, 2012 at 4:43 pm

i have a thot….they need to turn this into the biggie vs. tupac fiasco. that’s how how we are going to know who the real Don Dada is

48. Nma

April 26, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Don Jazzy; much respect for keeping it civil.
    JJC should’ve calmed down and given it a day or two before responding…i’m sure he did this right after he read dbanj’s interview. I understand his pain and anger though.

The responses here are much more matured than those of the irritating trolls on Linda Ikeji’s blog….unbelievable lots!

• rumrum

April 26, 2012 at 10:08 pm

then why do you go there *BB confused face*

49. Purpleicious Babe

April 26, 2012 at 5:01 pm

NEXT………….

ALL I CAN SAY IS. pple get time.

DBANJ OR NO DBANJ OH, DJAZZY OO, JJC OHH, 419 OHH, 410 OH, D PANGLO,, D BUCKET, D GBESKE, D TABLET, D MUSIC, D SONG, D SHALANGA, D KOKO, D NOTTING. D EVERYTHING…

Ur time will come and go… Someone else will reign in YOUR PARADE. sooooo NEXT.

JJC, MUMU, MUGU, MUSHIN , SLOW, watever. U HAVE TIME talking a load jbagbga…

ME I cant believe I have time commenting. lool…

50. ibukun George

April 26, 2012 at 5:05 pm

*yimu*

51. G

April 26, 2012 at 5:05 pm

This jic guy sounds like a lousy cow, I think u shud take a back seat a beg…..non factor

52. Nomy

April 26, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Oh God I loved this Interview. Can’t stop laughing, am gonna share with my colleagues. A good way to unwind. Hahahahahahahahahaha

53. Partyrider

April 26, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Hilarious video..the songs played in between made it even funnier ..lmao
    That said I’m tired of this their saga..next pls

54. kemi

April 26, 2012 at 7:37 pm

They act like women to be quite frank, like 2 grown ass men acting like women fighting…abeg, grow up and Bella Naija pls stop sharing this type of story, there is a lot of better important happenings in the world. Who really cares if Dbanj and Don Jazzy break up? Like are they gay or something, pls…what’s next?

55. Bayo

April 26, 2012 at 8:36 pm

So many people here saying “next” and “we’ve had enough” etc. Still sat down, saw the headline, read the whole story and watched the video…

56. Riverian fairest

April 26, 2012 at 8:54 pm

This whole thing is hurts my feelings oh!

57. mimi

April 26, 2012 at 9:05 pm

What is this jjc guy feeling like? He should park well juh. The first time I heard about him was only in December and that was bcos of that jingle bell song. Erm dbanj you will need @least 30days prayer and fasting, with the way people are predicting doom on your career!

58. KingsQueen

April 26, 2012 at 10:34 pm

In the days when their sole quest was to make beta lives for themselves, we had peace of mind! but now their bellies are full and their pockets spilling over its like WWIII… i wish both of them the best in their separate ventures but its obvious they’d have made alot more hits & cash as a team. Oh well…

59. chinco

April 26, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Why can’t we all just be friends?! #sad face# I loved the dbanj/don jazzy duo. Don’t know if either of dem will
    make that kinda good music on their own.

60. shola

April 26, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Am team Dbanji and I believe the mohit clan got beefing for him cuz of his success. Let don jazzy make a superstar out of his brother(prince) then I will regard him as d don, forget sid(only 3 track star), wande got his voice going for him but he can’t be big as dbanji. Who wants a mo’hit without dbanji.

61. cutie

April 27, 2012 at 12:02 am

[email protected] the JJC vid…naija folks won’t kill me

62. Teekaycampbell

April 27, 2012 at 3:16 am

it is well oooooooo!. but seriously, Dbanj,take it easy o.. give to Caeser wat belongs 2 him!!

63. OmoBolanle

April 27, 2012 at 6:22 am

I can see the only person being matured enough in this whole drama is Don Jazzy himself in not willing to stoop so low and bashing others. (Don’t know the full story and really have not been following it, I stand corrected tho)

The only SMART person in this whole saga is DBANJ. YUP!!! Dude used people, got the right connections, used people again, hooked some crazy deals and left everyone behind. That’s the business they are all involved in. Today you are friends, tomorrow enemies. Don Jazzy should have known better, and should have made some crazy connections (that if he has not already done that) too. Abeg make all of dem go rest jare. Either dem do 419 o or 410 it really does not matter at this time. Cause fact is, that DBANJ is making his money and JJC is still talking about who helped dbanj to get to where he is. No one cares if you paid them 10k a month. That’s the past.

Not that I am on any sides but then again, make we tok truth. It might not be right, but that sure is the truth. Opari

64. feyi

April 27, 2012 at 1:29 pm

used to side with don jazzy until d’banj finally granted an interview. I don’t think d’banj will grant such lengthy interview to tell lies upon lies….. i mean who knew mohits was a 50-50 venture betwen him and don jazzy? he also went along to expose how all the ads and stage performances of him giving don jazzy the don respect was planned,that I knew was pr but the effect is now on dbanj because everyone feels don jazzy is the don. one thing that is certain is there is an atom of truth coming from all of them and d’banj might not be as bad as painted even though he blew things out of measures by the “I own mohits” talk on ebony.

to me, don jazzy is not as clean as he seems because his responses are as good as making none. he is just a smarter person in terms of handling pr and his responses to the press. we all know d’banj talks without thinking over the years though it certainly doesn’t make him the bad egg. and abeg abeg abeg JJC disappear to whereever you were dug out from to make this revelation of who writes songs, as in so what if d’banj doesn’t write the songs? does rihanna or beyonce or usher write most of their songs? d’banj is an entertainer, he doesn’t sell lyrical context as much as his performance. get the memo next time and don’t bring personal beef of who prostrated for you or didn’t or who was a 419er…… mstchew!!!!!

65. feyi

April 27, 2012 at 1:37 pm

one more thing, don jazzy i know are reading this…. if you really asked for mohits to end as d’banj said in the interview then i believe you truly didnt contribute a lot to its growth as much as d’banj did cause i know what it is liking building a company from scratch, the last thing a wise person will ever want to do is end it.

66. True talk

April 28, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Dbanj has done nothing wrong. Him no tell una? (I’m just an Oliver) he wants more…. Don jazzy is ok with being a whale in a sink. Every man with him own, Jjc plzzzzzzzzzz shut d f- up. End of story.

67. rachel

April 29, 2012 at 9:12 am

68. dare shitta

April 30, 2012 at 3:51 am

first don jazzy says he is being mature by being mute, dang! when d’banj didnt talk for a while and don jazzy did his thing on twitter the world was against d’banj now he is giving us the mute P! pls most of what d’banj said is true then. for jjc i feel he is just a big fool trying to get air play…… well this interview is better than most of his songs. it seem everyone is hating on d’banj ,i just dont get it y’all should be happy and freakin move on

• kemmie

May 16, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Before u blame the guy, first put urself in his shoe we are all human, if someone u have helped in the past now try to slander ur name by calling cheat, what will u do, sit there and keep quite. No, i doubt it. if i was in his position i would clear my name. for me i think his anger is quite understandale- think twice b4 u startblaming jjc.

69. oyin

May 4, 2012 at 2:18 pm

@heeba am rolling on the floor laughing oo *your comment is so on point*

70. Juju

May 9, 2012 at 4:14 pm

dis interview was hilarious plus all d dbanj lyrics dey were adding d best part for me was reading d comments everyone has dia opinion well…..MAVIN RECORDS is banging right now let sitback relax n c who’s got game.

71. phemih

August 3, 2012 at 11:57 pm

i really want this jjc guy’s twitter handle………….this guy what school did u form from, if all these things were true why are u saying all these…….you are just contradicting yourself……….