Music

New Music: Mano Feat. IAN – Did You Wrong

Mano (real name Ugochukwu Umeano) is a Nigerian singer/songwriter, actor, dancer and instrumentalist. Mano is currently studying Software Engineering at Drexel University, Philadelphia, U.S.A, and he is a member of the Drexel University Gospel Choir and music group, JTS.

Having shown passion for music all his life and being a committed member of his secondary school choir, he took his passion to the studio and is finally here with his first single “Did You Wrong” which features the producer of the track, IAN. What do you think? Enjoy!

Play Mano Feat. IAN – Did You Wrong
[audio: https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Did-You-Wrong-ft.-IAN-Prod.-by-IAN.mp3]
Download

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. Alheri

June 15, 2012 at 12:59 am

UGOOOOO..im so proud of you….OMG, after all those days…making me soo happy…this has made my month sef..:D

2. Chioma Chuks-Okeke

June 15, 2012 at 1:31 am

This is such a beautiful song!! Nigeria needs more songs and artistes like this! Whoever you are, more grease to your elbow! lol! Good job! I’m officially a fan!!

3. chika

June 15, 2012 at 2:53 am

DOPE!!!!!!!!….

4. iamfascinating

June 15, 2012 at 6:53 am

nice!

Olay Regenerist, Likas soap and Diana Stalder Papaya soap now available at http://www.thestunninglady.blogspot.com

5. faith

June 15, 2012 at 7:22 am

I didn’t like it o..it was so FAKE!Dats d only word I could comeup with.

• CHUKWUNEDUM OKONKWO

June 15, 2012 at 10:29 am

HAHAHAH! YOU MUST BE A MUSICIAN YEAH?! WELL IF YOU AREN’T SHUT THE FUCK UP COS YOU DON’T KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO BE IN THE STUDIO. THANKS A LOT.

• ian_mafeni_jts

June 15, 2012 at 12:39 pm

hmmm.. Im sad … i co-wrote and produced this song… please do let me know why you think it is fake.. I would like to make future productions better!!!!!!!…… tweet at me please/// my handle is my name above

• pearl

November 11, 2012 at 10:43 am

jeee thats very humble of you… dunno u buh just thought that was a nice gesture… wish yu d best in ur future productions 🙂

• Ani Nnaemeka

June 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm

why re u wicked….and hu d hell re u????

6. CHUKA EZEH

June 15, 2012 at 11:09 am

You”re talented. Forget what you’re studying, and focus on your music. Kudos! Good job by your producer too.

7. yetu

June 15, 2012 at 11:39 am

ugo!!!!! congrats!!!! this is a wonderful song!

8. Dean Essien

June 15, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Nice job, a great way to start off what looks like a promising career

9. Femi Bero

June 15, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Amazing! I’m so proud of you guys

10. Amelia Jane

June 15, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Listening to it all day on my birthday!!!!!!!!! Love you Ugo and Maina!!!!!!! Forever the bestest.

11. Sandi

June 16, 2012 at 12:38 am

But he can’t sing tho? This is not a pro singers voice. Pls he shud go for voice training becos honestly speaking your verses are just out there. Honestly your friends are hyping you and not being honest. Oh and Vico sounds a lot better bro

12. anonymous

June 16, 2012 at 7:41 pm

hey, i honestly think you have promise and all. im just being out there with you, i think you need to work on your breathing, clarity and how you pronounce stuff. during each chorus it sounds like to much at once(its almost noisy)…your choruses sound rushed and all. but nice job. the rap at the beginning was good.

13. Chijioke

June 17, 2012 at 4:02 am

The verses are ok. The rap was real good. Your voice needs a whole lotta training. You need to work on ur breathing. Nice beats from the producer. But the main fail in the song is the chorus. It’s all over the place and rushed. Honestly if I’m grading you this is a “D” job bro. Your voice needs a lot of work and your friends won’t tell you the truth. Keep trying. You will get there.

14. honestbitch 54

June 18, 2012 at 4:36 am

dude, this is whack….you cant pronounce the words in your lyrics….stick to the nigerian accent…you can sing but you cant make it a career..you’re just not that good..sorry. You’re friends just being nice ok

15. Yammy Yams

June 19, 2012 at 12:14 am

On a scale of 1-10, i’ll give this a 4. If this is your first work, then there is definitely room for improvement. Your vocal clarity is totally off point. Remember, I do not know you and have no reason to hate/like you, so i’ll simply be as honest as possible. the concept is really good. the delivery needs to be worked on. I believe a few voice lessons here and there can fix this. I think the use of auto tune or whatever it was you used is totally unnecessary.That for me, just did not cut it. You sound like you have a good voice so it’ll be really good for people to hear your real voice before venturing into the use of auto tune. Music is all about longevity. You want to last a long time, so give people a reason to want you. Tu face is a great example. He is still in demand even when he doesn’t come out with new material. Anyway, I don’t want to write too much. To the producer, the beat was on point. and to the rapper, keep doing your thing. To the singer, with a little more work, you’ll reach there.

• GoodnameK

June 22, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I totally agree with you. Like you said you don’t know him but I do. Thanks for the great critic. Bless you.

• ian_mafeni_jts

June 22, 2012 at 6:12 pm

• ian_mafeni_jts

June 22, 2012 at 6:14 pm

as hard as it might be to believe….. it was only at the end.. with the na na na na na freezee that we put the autotune on the track…. this is his real voice…. but thank you for the info.. we will work on the production as a whole

16. anonymous

June 19, 2012 at 12:25 am

oh! This is really good or a first single tho! I see this guy going places!

17. Kainene

June 19, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I thought this song was really good for upcoming artistes. It wasn’t just the usual naija party beats and it didn’t lack lyrics. It was different in a good way. I think the artistes should take the advice and constructive criticism from Yammy yams, chijioke and the anonymous comment. But it is OBVIOUS that this Sandi individual’s comment really lacked intellect. Vic O? Really? -___________________-

18. anonymous

June 20, 2012 at 1:07 am

I love! whaat? I think the guy can saaang tho! Its just the production that could be better!

19. kenny

June 21, 2012 at 2:50 pm

@ faith, you don’t have to be so negative!

20. GoodnameK

June 22, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Well done Gogo…some professional training will go some ways. Kudos to your producer. Please finish schooling oooo! Bless you.

21. anonymous

June 22, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Good job man, you have a voice for daaays, I can tell you have an excellent voice. This song didn’t do justice to your voice. I think you should try R&B/Soul, that will prove these other comments wrong. Count me as one of your fans. Voice training? Nah, this kid is ready to take over the Nigerian music industry. Keep working hard!