News

Nigerian Stars & Lekki Yummy Mummies Rejoice! First Photos of the 2013 Range Rover

Is there something about the Range Rover that makes it the car of choice for our Nigerian celebrities? From Pasuma to Ice Prince, Susan Peters to Davido, that’s their numero uno ride!

Pasuma & Ice Prince with their Range Rovers

A quick trip via at the Lekki Tollgate in Lagos will also reveal that Range Rovers top the list of “must haves” for Lagos’ yummy mummies alongside Aunty Funmi Hair and Birkin Bags 🙂

So here it is!
The new Range Rover – 2013 Edition.
Land Rover’s Global Brand Director John Edwards tells us that “The new Range Rover preserves the essential, unique character of the vehicle – that special blend of luxury, performance and unmatched all-terrain capability. However, its clean sheet design and revolutionary lightweight construction have enabled us to transform the experience for luxury vehicle customers, with a step change in comfort, refinement and handling.

The major upgrades from the previous model include an all-aluminium monocoque body structure which makes it 420kg lighter. The 2013 Range Rover is the first SUV to use this technology. According to thecarconnection.com, this makes it “a serious impact in fuel economy and emissions“. The interior has also been upgraded and is now more spacious and even more luxurious.

Enjoy.

1. Re A.

August 15, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Love the headline! It so got my attention.

2. QueenofEverything

August 15, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I want one 😀 … any offers *coversface*

• Son of God

August 15, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Just enter any dealership and mention my name “Son of God”…you’d get the keys ASAP!

3. Chattyzee

August 15, 2012 at 1:28 pm

• regga

January 26, 2013 at 5:30 pm

hmmmm you like it?

4. efe

August 15, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Always admired the car,really need one

5. MoiGAL

August 15, 2012 at 1:41 pm

whats the difference btw this and all the other ones??? And one person go soon launch this one gbaa! money dey this country ooo!

6. YummyMummy

August 15, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Heheheh..I’m part of the YummyMummies,that’s my dp on bella,just that I dont live in Lekki..Sumptuous Mummies*sticks tongue out*

7. Gold

August 15, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I want one too

8. N

August 15, 2012 at 2:05 pm

looks better than the 2012 version + BN ahn ahn! dnt lie to us now, Davido dnt hv a range. is it nt Audi he acquired and said everyone has range in 9ja he needed to upgrade. that was his tweet i bliv. Maybe im wrong tho lol

9. precious

August 15, 2012 at 2:05 pm

i pray God blesses my hubby with one so i can easily groove with it

• RW inc

August 15, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Madam Precious, why downgrade yourself so? Is it a taboo for you to own yours, or have you conditioned your mind to believe that the only way you can come in contact with a Rover is if your husband buys one?

10. well done BN

August 15, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Another way of exoloriating materalism,what is the essence of this post now. Because Low life celebrities have it?smh

• African

August 15, 2012 at 3:19 pm

What is exoloriating? I can’t find it on google 🙁

• Anon

August 15, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Kai! I was just knew someone will pick on that! lol

• intheoverseas

August 15, 2012 at 4:57 pm

LOL!!!!

• Sabirah

August 15, 2012 at 5:25 pm

DEAD !!!!

• lily

August 16, 2012 at 12:19 am

@African i couldnt find the word either…ROTFL

• adelegirl

August 16, 2012 at 10:42 am

LMAO! I guess Google doesn’t know everything after all. Always so amusing when people try to use “big” grammar to fume on blogs, yet they can’t spell the words right.

11. happi

August 15, 2012 at 2:10 pm

wat makes them low life celebrities, u don av it…. they do

12. Evann

August 15, 2012 at 2:50 pm

*toh bad Oooo*

I dey fear bad belle guyzz n kidnappers.Na 2014 model I 4 dey ride nah ☺☺☺☺☺

13. Laide O

August 15, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Why limit it to Lekki yummy mummies?? lol! Ikoyi, VI, GRA Ikeja, ABJ and Port Harcourt Yummy mummies alos rejoice! 🙂

• Biodun

August 15, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I agree with you. Those areas hold the real cash. Lekki yummy mummies are ‘wash-wash’ mummies. lol

14. Sweets

August 15, 2012 at 4:09 pm

The irony of Nigerians and big expensive cars still beats me. You spend gazillions on a car, and do it the great injustice of driving it on our yeye roads. I still don’t get it. You would think that with our horrible roads, we will drive, modest easy to maintain cars. No o, we must to show that we have arrived. Plus tuke tuke and range rover, you will all use the same roads, that will spoil the car, sit in traffic for hours, and we wonder why the government does not bother investing in infrastructure and good transport networks. Not to talk of the lack of security, with all the big cars, you will be scared to drive at night, for fear of armed robbers. So what is the point jare. I’ve been blessed to work in big cities all over the world, and with all their infrastructure no one uses cars like the way we do in 9ja. Well except in Los Angeles and the likes.

• Biodun

August 15, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I will take you to an area filled up with abandoned Range Rovers, LR3s etc etc. The engineers say they have been waiting for more than a year for the car owners to come up with the cash for repairs. Lagos! I hail thee.

• Iris

August 15, 2012 at 8:21 pm

LOL! I supposed they fit into the American ‘soccer mum’ demographic, but you probably won’t catch a Yummy Mummy dead in a minivan – they had to jazz it up a tad

15. Africandecor(click)

August 15, 2012 at 4:30 pm

i think it’s not so much the car but the fact that nigerians just like to do what other’s do. too much competition going on .:)

16. luvlyn

August 15, 2012 at 4:42 pm

looks like d previous ones!!!!

17. Sonarchai

August 15, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Has to be said looks great but for quality and good build you need to look East to Honda, Lexus, Hyundai and that’s a fact.

18. lagos big boy

August 15, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Very unreliable car plagued with suspension and electrical problems … Am done

• Biodun

August 15, 2012 at 7:34 pm

ah! here we go. One of those ‘owners’ !

• dedeola

August 15, 2012 at 8:36 pm

ehn ehn! ‘Awon gbogbo Lagos bigz boyz has Spoketh!’

19. Princess of Zion

August 15, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Beautiful car and great to have in the western world but the maintenance in Nigeria is extremely high!

20. Demmy

August 15, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Dang this car looks amazing. Hoping my dad would get it for my mom for her birthday. xoxo Demmy

• kk

August 16, 2012 at 1:23 am

@demmy wa sere omo yii.

• kk

August 16, 2012 at 1:27 am

how it is your problem when one drives expensive cars on bad roads beats me …… like seriously is it your money?? Nigerians are just bitter If they dash you one now you will take.

and what is also wrong in praying for one’s husband to be able to afford a car. na wah

21. bluemagic

August 15, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Mehn ,God mst. Bless me with dis car oh

22. brandigest

August 15, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I must acquire a Range Rover before I die.

23. neon

August 15, 2012 at 8:49 pm

lol, i feel sorry for the folks who just splashed out on the 2012 version……

24. Wahl

August 16, 2012 at 12:54 am

The only luxury 4×4 fit for Nigeria is the Mercedes Gelandewagen.

25. curious

August 16, 2012 at 2:34 am

Beats me and laughable hoW a country with no constant electricity in 2012/13 define self worth with nothibg else but materials (opps ma bad very expensive materialistic products). Can yall define ur self by any other means. Am tired of reading about what dress, what horse hair what shoe what smartphone what car. When all that’s not there what defines an average nigerian. Just asking dot com

26. kester nanna

August 16, 2012 at 6:04 am

Watz yummy mummy? Don’t get! Any way the car is cool! But sad many take bank loans to acquire it! Dis I know because I work within the bank! A man once took a N20million. loan to purchase luxury vehicles for him and his lady with his house as a collateral! Even the banks relationship managers said he is one of the most foolish customers they always have and this is a big warning to young people! Dis big boy or big babe syndrome without due source of maintenance is one of the biggest problems of our economy! Remember the last bank criss was cause by unpaid bank debt to the tune of over one trillion naria and dis is because over 80% of the mansions on the island and mainland are credit financed not to take more on luxury vehicles. Which banks are ready to give loans as long as one have an approved source of income with collateral like I said I work within the sector and I can authoritatively tell this and when business go down or big jobs are lost, those loans are eithe rescheduled or properties are comfistated all because no banker today wants the wrath of CBN, NDIC and AMCON who all feel the are mis appropoating depository money with jail term awaiting! Come to my bank and u will be amazed how many of such cars and mansions are under auction! The last count on our website were 87 houses and 162 cars! And all these was in january! Life on the fact lane just because you can afford it is dangerous yet life on the fats lane when you can’t afford it is one sure way to poverty and this is one of the biggest challenges in mid life crisis!

• Xtsy

August 16, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Abeg kester, link to d auction website. TIA

27. kester nanna

August 16, 2012 at 6:48 am

Let me tell you all a true life story! A certain business man in finance and stock broking business, took a business loan to the tune of N1billon for his business concern and got auditors to get his books together that the bank many have confidence he had collerteral more than enough to pay back if he defaults! The bank involved is an old generation bank currently under CBN management which is about to be sold and also declared loss last year! This business man rather than using the facility for the stated business concern went to his hometown close to asaba in delta state and built a sprawling mansion with Olympic size swimming pool and an helicopter pad! Also acquiring luxury vehicles with it! The bank executive director who facilitated the loan lost his job when the bank found out and the businessman was taken to Efcc and was shot listed as one of the. Debtors on news paper when the CBN published it! This is what I am taking about when I said most of those mansion and luxury vehicles are credit financed not only in nigeria but all over the world! Sadly most business credit facilities are spent on personal luxury without means of payback and this was the beginning of the bank crisis in nigeria! This they do becuase they realise those loans may not be granted to finance personal luxuries and so they take business loan but spend the facility on personal luxuries! Remember the global crisis was referred to as credit crunch! And this for my advice to all of us if you can afford all these within your legal income it good that you have all your heart desires but don’t jump out of your financial boat to belong to the big boys and babes in town!

28. Anonymous

August 16, 2012 at 7:06 am

@ Kester Nanna : we get your point but be easy on the spellings and sentence structure ok!!!
    God Bless.
    *now zooms off*

29. Blackknight

August 16, 2012 at 10:37 am

You use the term Yummy Mummy for ladies that are ‘Cash rich time poor’ who live in a robust/stable economy. Women,who are too busy / on the go,to do what normal people do,Eg,cooking,shopping etc – No economy in Africa is stable to encompass such class of people in Africa.So spare me this Yummy Mummy borrowed lingo.
    Anybody that can confidently dole out millions in this present economy to buy these kind of cars are either corrupt Politicians,Oil bunkerers/Thieves,Oil subsidy rogues,drug dealers,bank CEOs.etc. Are these the people that make our economy better?
    When Nigeria/economy works for everybody,then you can the bragging right to use that word ‘Yummy Mummy.Otherwise,what we have here are CAGS. (Criminals and their wives/Girlfriends)

30. pynk

August 16, 2012 at 10:43 am

Kester described the life of many Lagos big boys and girls!

31. ACCA

August 16, 2012 at 12:34 pm

ture [email protected] kester buh u kinda sound bitter too. when you get to lekki u ll jst begin to wonder wat these pple do for a livin to afford these luxuries, how is it that one of the poorest countries in the world is also blackberry’s largest market?I was discussin this with my boyfriend yesterday and its jst crazy u see our young girls who donot have jobs changing their very functional torches to bold 5 s and porches. even I am a victim of these craze just to kip up with the latest. yesterday at the cinema i saw sum nigerian starlet complainin to a collegue in the industry that she needed a movie role as she hadnt made any money in a while and couldnt pay her bills and was considering takin up a job as a sec school teacher yet she was holding a porche… as in we nigerian have taken this oppression thing to another level forgetting the simple values of saving and investing( my bf jst imprinted that on me 2 nights ago, I thank God for him and his level headedness …. bigsmile

32. ACCA

August 16, 2012 at 12:41 pm

BUT I STILL WOULDNT MIND ONE OF THESE SHAAAAAA…KAI

33. Sugary

August 16, 2012 at 2:22 pm

My neighbor used to drive range rover sport all of a sudden it disappeared and he now drives a Toyota Camry ( big daddy ni o not even Voltron ) the range turned into a canker worm and devoured his business now he has turned born again saying its the handwork of enemies that his business isn’t progressing

34. Larmmie

August 16, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Super cool story*yawns in Spanish* @kester u spoke the truth i guess but i cldnt read it all 🙁

35. pelummy