News

BN Bytes: Kelly Hansome gets his First Tattoos for $4,000

Just in case you’ve been wondering what has been happening to Nigerian music artiste, Kelly Hansome, he just informed us that he has been getting his first tattoos at the cost of $4,000. He went all the way to Mexico to get his tattoos which he regards as  an “investment on my body.”

In an email sent to Bellanaija by his PR, he spoke about the significance of the tattoos which cover most of his upper body.

He enlisted the services of renowned tattoo artist Mr Roger aka Da Doctor of Mexico. Each tattoo was carefully thought of and holds a special meaning. All in all, the inking took approximately 8 hours from beginning to end and cost $4,000 US Dollars. The artiste sites this expenditure as an “investment on my body.”

Across his collar bone reads “WE BUILT AMERICA” which is the title of his recently released mixtape. This mixtape is one of the most downloaded and respected mixtapes by a Nigerian artiste to date. On his left arm is a depiction of praying hands with a microphone in between them and the inscription “Work Hard and Stay Humble” which is his Life Motto. On his chest are metaphorical characters depicting “clowning” the competition and “eye” on money. Lastly, on the underside of his left arm is “HANSOME” (the N is the Nigerian Naira symbol, S is the American Dollar symbol, and E is the European Euro symbol) which is a constant reminder that according to history, ONCE UPON A TIME, 1DOLLAR WAS EQUAL TO 1NAIRA and this can be achieved if and only if we, NIGERIANS, can WORK HARD AND STAY HUMBLE.

Hmm… interesting. What do you think about his new body art?

Adeola Adeyemo is a graduate of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management from University of Lagos. However, her passion is writing and she worked as a reporter with NEXT Newspaper. She believes that anything can be written about; anything can be a story depending on the angle it is seen from and the writer's imagination. When she is not writing news or feature articles, she slips into her fantasies and creates interesting fiction pieces. She blogs at www.deolascope.blogspot.com

1. Wahl

October 9, 2012 at 7:53 am

Isn’t this guy’s career dead?

• ifey

October 9, 2012 at 12:56 pm

hahahahaha i swear that was what I thought!

• YummyMummy

October 9, 2012 at 3:05 pm

He had no career in the first place,all he did was to *dees* other artists using their tune ofcourse.He did that to d’banj,M.I and the like.

2. Mana

October 9, 2012 at 7:57 am

Is to big, for my taste!
    But as Rukky Sanda say: “Is it not my body? I can do whatever I want. It’s just how I want it”. lol

3. of course

October 9, 2012 at 8:04 am

who cares?mtcheeew!

• femena

October 10, 2012 at 2:34 am

like like like like love love love love…….Bellanaija really do need a “like/love” button or something

4. the canadian

October 9, 2012 at 8:06 am

oh please! its mexico! he probably gave em coupons! why didn’t he do it in the sates or other first world countries…

5. Zee

October 9, 2012 at 8:10 am

..and this is supposed to be news?

6. OMG!

October 9, 2012 at 8:12 am

Is it permanent? I thought he is broke? His voice is nice sha.he should as well do some liposuction.

7. lily

October 9, 2012 at 8:20 am

mschewwwwwwwwww! Next!

8. SANDRA

October 9, 2012 at 8:36 am

WHO CARES ANYWAYS MTCHEEW

9. O

October 9, 2012 at 8:42 am

i dont think i have ever seen uglier tattoos in my whole life…………mschewww!

10. omolola

October 9, 2012 at 8:43 am

His Pr person sent this as news/info to BN??? Wahala dey o. Just to remain relevant sha

11. Ab

October 9, 2012 at 8:46 am

k

12. Daisy

October 9, 2012 at 8:51 am

The canadian thank you. This boy has been forgotten for long, he’s just seeking for notice. Mexico of all places. Rubbish!

13. bumsylee

October 9, 2012 at 8:57 am

very ugly ink.

14. Whoa

October 9, 2012 at 9:06 am

What a moron!

15. MissShayee

October 9, 2012 at 9:09 am

Totally stupid. Can we move on to more important stuff?

16. Rukky

October 9, 2012 at 9:15 am

Wow, 4 ooo dollars for that? doesn’t look nice tho…hope he gets his money back cos he could have gone to jail and gotten the same quality…eya, poor kelly 🙁

17. Hayzey

October 9, 2012 at 9:18 am

Why is this news?

18. chizzy

October 9, 2012 at 9:47 am

Vanity!!!

19. alexgute

October 9, 2012 at 9:51 am

Rachetteness of d highest order.

20. ese etuks

October 9, 2012 at 10:06 am

kelechukwu clap 4 yaself…weldone!

• signature

October 9, 2012 at 1:27 pm

HAHAAH! nice one!!!
      nyway me it is the accent dat was makin me wonder, thehehe
      after finish shoutin “OMA GOD” he is sayin “i lyk dat , i lyk dat”, lmao! #vicko things

21. babe

October 9, 2012 at 10:39 am

Rubbish

22. ij

October 9, 2012 at 11:01 am

how nice, it will look even nicer in his 60s, when he is all wrinkly and bald

23. lassious

October 9, 2012 at 11:17 am

And is that supposed 2make ppl like him? Mehn,he’s so jobless!

24. buchi

October 9, 2012 at 11:26 am

Investment ke? hian! lemme look up the meaning of that word cos kelly Hansome wanna confuse me

25. Ginika

October 9, 2012 at 12:08 pm

“Just in case you’ve been wondering what has been happening to Nigerian music artiste, Kelly Hansome, he just informed us that he has been getting his first tattoos at the cost of $4,000.” – No, no, I wasnt really wondering though. I dont want to be rude but honestly, whispers: “no one cares”.

The word investment has been abused severely.

• ij

October 9, 2012 at 2:58 pm

lollllllll!! abi? never mind all the chaos in the country at the mo, we were just sitting around wondering what he has been up to. oh get over yourself Mr Hansome

26. Nic

October 9, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Clearly he was high when this was being done….i mean look at his eyes. Wait till he sobers up. BN will update us with a follow up “Kelly Hansome, Now an Ordained Minister” where he’ll also talk about this tattoo procedure and how he came to his senses after the incident.

27. Chattyzee

October 9, 2012 at 1:15 pm

When your career is failing and you are desperately in need of staying relevant, GET A TATOO!

28. Naveah

October 9, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Investing in his body? Investing in your body is not getting ugly tats, my man but WORKING OUT to be fit, strong and HEALTHY! And to have paid $4k in MEXICO for tats is the height of stupidity! If he paid that much and the ink was done by a celebrity tattoo artist, I could understand but he went to MEXICO to pay that much money for ink…*smdh* And who is the “WE” he’s saying built America? CHEI! Sef, what am I even talking sef, I look at him and I see the bulb is a tad dim.

29. mama

October 9, 2012 at 2:19 pm

tattoos are demonic and not an investment to ur body……go for deliverance and stop seeking notice at all cost…….

30. YummyMummy

October 9, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Since BN decided not to moderate my comment…thank you ( Sarcastically)!!

31. Madam the Madam

October 9, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Kelly Hansome is beyond stupid for this.

32. Kizito

October 9, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I don’t blame him Bellanaija for publishing this when we have more important stuff to talk about.na liposuction him need

33. konnie

October 9, 2012 at 4:05 pm

This must be a slow day

34. Gimmer

October 9, 2012 at 4:53 pm

when they no go gree stay in school nko? how are they supposed to understand the meaning of investment.

35. ayetoro kan

October 9, 2012 at 5:27 pm

oshi arata marayo

36. nAIJA mEDIA

October 9, 2012 at 6:19 pm

ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE DROPPED A BAD COMMENT ON KELLY HANSOME ARE WAY MORE STUPID THAN i THOUGHT. IT IS OBVIOUS THIS YOUNG MAN HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF BY THE SAME PEOPLE YOU IDIOTS CELEBRATE EVERYDAY AND NOBODY PUT OUT A SINGLE NEWS ABOUT IT. hATE IT OR LOVE IT, KELLY HANSOME WILL BOUNCE BACK AND WHEN HE DOES, THE SAME IDIOTS WILL STILL BE THE ONES TO HAIL HIM. THERE IS NO ARTISTE IN THE NIGERIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY THAT STRONGER AND MORE DETERMINED THAN KELLY AND I AM NOT HIFAN BUT I HAVE HEARD FROM BOTH SIDES. IF YOU KNEW HIM WHEN HE WAS IN MADONNA UNIVERSITY, THEN NONE OF YOU WILL EVER OPEN YOUR MOUTH TO TALK ABOUT HIS CAREER BEING DEAD BECAUSE IF THERE IS A CAREER THAT WILL LIVE EVEN WHEN WE ALL ARE GONE, IT MUST BE KELLY HANSOME’S AND DON’T FORGET THAT THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS. GOD SHOULD HELP SOME OF US TO LEAVE IGNORANCE ALONE. RIDE ON KELLY, DO YOUR THING.

• Billionaire

October 10, 2012 at 12:42 am

Not that everyone dropped bad comments, the moderators of this site, delete all good comments and leave only the bad ones. May be they have something against Kelly Handsome. I dont think I will be visiting this site again. its my first visit, and last.

• ij

October 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Calm down , no 1 fan of Mr Hansome , shouty capitals really does make it hard to read

• me

October 11, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Calm down Kelly, it’s ok. ndo biko.

37. Layo

October 9, 2012 at 8:59 pm

What is a “Count-ry” abeg? This is enough stupid to last me a week. Girl, Kelly, fix your life.

38. Billionaire

October 9, 2012 at 11:59 pm

I dont go to bed everynight without listening to Kelly Handsome’s ‘Ghetto’ and ‘Mama’. Kelly is the best Nigerian Artistic. Except you listen to his work, do not insult Kelly. He is a great man.

39. tattoo designs

October 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I like his tattoos also music. Dont judge him.

40. KingsQueen

October 13, 2012 at 5:12 pm

He shda gone to ‘miami ink’ instead! if ur gonna mess up ur skin with all that ink, u might as well get a pro to do it for you…

41. Maxwell

October 14, 2012 at 8:03 am

Too many foolish ones still rendering abuses on kelly handsome, bcos he refuse to be used by that expliotative kennis an that short black boy mi plus small pikin aka fatty bombom wande coal

42. DUCHESS BANKE

February 19, 2013 at 7:13 pm

HE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF INVESTING ALL THAT MONEY IN JOINING A GYM OR BETTER STILL, LIPOSUCTION.. HE NEEDS TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT. -! ANYONE WHO DISSES *MY* M.I IS DEAD MEAT TO ME. AND YES, YOU DO HAVE A DECENT VOICE KELLY HANDSOME BUT I’M ONLY BEING HONEST HERE ..YEYE BOI! #RUNNING AWAY#

43. Olisaeloka

February 25, 2013 at 8:54 am

Kelly handsome is da best, haters should go insane, blackboi can go to hell for all i care, keep it up Mr handso,,,bo be their fault they re just jobless.

44. jfeel

March 29, 2013 at 3:22 pm

neva mind kelly,am wit u. focus bro

45. Juliet

December 22, 2014 at 12:27 pm

What interests me most is the Euro and the American dollars money which o know was very low before the eyes of Nigeria people in 1983 after and before the festac feast, led by Biafran enemy to squash our lives money and destiny.
    When i talk of dates, people think that i am as old as Abram.
    Forget about the tattoo. If i know, and had contacts with this people who liftted up victorious fingers for what is not there.
    This could be doen with Uli, a tradition mark with incantations from the hol,y ones, not what you see they show on their movies i mean the real one.
    Don’t tell me you did not make a promise. You don’t need oat because you are a son of the soil a chosen son of man, a son of Igbo.
    Don’t you know what Orji means. In short, i don’t like people touching the body of a holy son of Igbo man. I am a races. Knelly if you don’t know that inwardly, Yourba people are knief, you better know it from me. Let someone challeng on it.
    Beware Knelly. I hate anyone from Yoruba Land i don’t tell them not to attck me.
    When i sited you at the first time, that was already futurn, but same people seized it and later bring you out to claim they gave you power or what.
    Kelly Hansome, you don’t need all this than know yourself. Trust nobody no one is friend to any the would lead you into a pit.
    Very soon they will begin to invite you here are there obvious to harden your biirth labour for which many have died out of frustration, depression and anxiety..
    If this woman you mentioned is same trasnmiting words of youtubr, ask yourself how would he be doing that job without any trouble. All will reap what they sow.
    Kelly, you are a Dr, in music, a mejor genaral with a blessed voice.
    Peace of my Holy Father be with you.