Music

BN Video Premiere: Timi Dakolo – Great Nation

Onos

The first time I heard this song was at 2Face‘s “Away & Beyond” album launch concert, and I was nearly moved to tears by it’s touching, moving and inspirational lyrics. Timi Dakolo‘s rendition was breath-taking and easily got him a standing ovation.

Directed by Clarence Peters, here’s the video for Timi Dakolo‘s “Great Nation”.

Check on it!

1. Roseline

November 7, 2012 at 1:39 pm

great and fantastic rendition. I wish Nigerians will begin to appreciate songs like this.

• Perey

December 12, 2012 at 6:18 pm

If you like the song and agree it should become Nigeria’s national anthem, pls like the facebook page Timi Dakolo’s “Great Nation” for Nigeria’s National Anthem. Thanks

2. Derin

November 7, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I do believe in Nigeria. In times when we don’t see anything good, we just gotta close our eyes and hear messages like this twice as loud!

3. Africhic

November 7, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Its a wonderful song. always gives me goose pimples

4. Lee

November 7, 2012 at 2:00 pm

wow! that is such a beautiful song. well done Timi!!

5. some hater

November 7, 2012 at 2:08 pm

cheesy

6. NiiNii

November 7, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Breath taking!!!! Listening to it,i can’t help but have faith that Nigeria will get better someday…..thumps up Timi, Luv u always

7. Obehi Okoawo

November 7, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Fantastic! God bless u Timi, God bless Nigeria!

8. Idak

November 7, 2012 at 3:33 pm

fine talent and good track. I wish i believed in Nigeria, too.

9. Priscy

November 7, 2012 at 3:38 pm

goose bumps all over me….i love love love this song. I love u Timi for this. This is the kind of songs that should be played on radio and TV to give the youths hope for a birghter tomoro. God Bless u Timi for this

10. Priscy

November 7, 2012 at 3:40 pm

This song should be adopted for our new national anthem…my tots sha

11. e-bukun

November 7, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Timi Dakolo has such a beautiful voice, and the song is truly inspiring.
    But I gotta say the video fell short of its potential. The small group of men he had took me back to a time when women did not have a voice in Nigeria, and so i don’t feel like they are representative of Nigeria. If like he says Nigeria is your and mine, then i didn’t identify with the video. Plus the choir theatrics were over-the-top.
    Overall, this is a good song, and a good national anthem. Not a compelling video though. #2cents

• ikenna

November 7, 2012 at 6:50 pm

uv got my thoughts exactly.. lovely song! would be nice as an anthem…
      but where are the ladies? the children? and the choir looked a lil disorganised… the video coulda been better. never really liked Timi but with this…! im Lookin out for him o! wish more musicians will sing some songs about the good sides of our nation and emphasize/promote unity than “shake ur…”. **just saying**

12. e-bukun

November 7, 2012 at 3:52 pm

*yours

13. i believe

November 7, 2012 at 4:00 pm

i believe that NIGERIA will be better some day..i will never lose hope in this country no matter wat.. I love u all fellow Nigerians..God bless u Timi for this inspiring song! it gives me hope..*sniff*

14. miss mimi

November 7, 2012 at 4:00 pm

i was just thinking the same thing . the old one has lost its relevance. this is a song i can sing with confidence. i honestly wish there was something we could do to change the anthem.

15. ugochi

November 7, 2012 at 4:32 pm

this is a very touching song and makes you have renewed hope in Nigeria. this would be evergreen. Ist time i heard it on Nigerian Idols i was moved. Appreciate you Timi and you are very deep. Muaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!! Nigeria I hail this Nigerian

16. lakelizzy

November 7, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Love it!!!!!! Makes me wanna cry… beautiful. I hope I (us) will remember this song and its words whenever we start t feel like there’s no more hope for Nigeria.

17. Winifred

November 7, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Why don’t they play these kind of songs more often on radio? I love Timi Dakolo,have loved him since West African Idols.great voice biko

18. Nonnie

November 7, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Last year at The Experience(2011), Timi sang this song with the HOTR choir, and the crowd went………………… cant even describe that feeling. Pastor Paul asked us to sing it over again(the chorus). and while singing, I truly believed in Nigeria…. and I still hope and believe in ONE NIGERIA. It was amazing!!! God bless you Timi… Keep living and singing for christ!

• Idak

November 7, 2012 at 5:24 pm

I will take more than this song for me to be hopeful for this failed entity called Nigeria.

• e-bukun

November 7, 2012 at 9:11 pm

That’s a little harsh don’t you think. If forerunners who paved the way for other “entities”, as you so put it, spoke like that, I’d have to doubt that they ever got anything done.

• Princess

November 8, 2012 at 11:09 am

Listen very carefully to the song! We, u and me we are all we have in this great nation not d thieving politicians or even d resources. Nigeria is the youths u and me we must defend this nation. This song is a wake up call to the youths of this country let us take our future into our own hands. Let us demand for energy, better school, research and development labs etc. I cried so hard listening to this song truly it should be a song played in schools, in offices b4 meetings, in rallies. Our a national anthem has lost it’s meaning.

19. xoxo

November 7, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Some songs are forever!

• fairweatherfriendnot

November 8, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Like!

20. X factor

November 7, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Now this is a perfect fusion talent, music, message, depth and class (5*)….. a fresh breath away from bunch of fluke, nudity and noise that z rocking our airwaves

21. dammylee

November 7, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Gosh goose bumps all over me. Tear drops falling out. Good job timi, its high time we hear the real voice. Hope we get to see more of you.

22. BaBA aka The ORIGINATOR!!!

November 7, 2012 at 10:01 pm

#Salute… I bleed Green.
    We truly need to be UNITED in our efforts to see our country move forward and be the GREAT nation that we all know that SHE can be.
    It starts with us the masses, If our leaders can’t lead from the top then we at the bottom can Lead upwards by being better citizens. Show and Prove People, be apart of the solution or get the fu&k out the way.

23. Ayodeji

November 7, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Thank you Timi for this piece. You are definitely writing your name in the sand of time. Below is a link to my beautiful wife’s write up after watching the video clip of one of your songs.

24. tosin o

November 9, 2012 at 8:23 am

One word came to mind after listening to this song…”HALLELUJAH!!!!!”””

25. Couture By Makioba

November 9, 2012 at 1:38 pm

…AND THIS IS MUSIC……

26. Radiant

November 13, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Love the song! Love the video!

27. Mike Ubokineme

November 15, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Wonderful song! I must say. I listen to this song at 17th Portharcourt sport festival, and It mean so much to me. Nigeria is indeed a great country, but few wicked policians are drawing us back for too long. We have to stand up and take back our rightful place. ”Freedom is not given, untill is demanded” God bless you TIMI, we are proud of you.

28. chidi

January 6, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Thank you so much timi.no day that passes I dnt listen to. Great nation..It gives me so much joy n hope,timi I’m a gr8 n crazy fan of u..we met twice @ my office..such a humble personality..God Bless un preserve u 4 our nation..cheers

29. mike