News

“Cute, Colorful & Girly” Mayreejay introduces her Hair Accessories line “Bunnies By Mary”

Fashion stylist and Style Editor at 360Nobs Maryanne Alabi alias Mayreejay presents her ‘too cute’ head piece collection “Bunnies By Mary”. The collection was inspired by her love for head pieces and bows.

The ‘Bunny’ could be said to be the signature piece of the stylist as she has crowned clients like Genevieve Nnaji and Niyola in the statement bows.

Dedicated to the stylish woman who loves her hair (on good days and bad) and likes to dress it up, take a look at the collection.

Bunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija008
Bunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija006Bunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija012Bunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija001Bunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija007Bunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija009Bunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija010Bunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija011Bunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija013

Check out EME First Lady Niyola and Genevieve Nnaji rocking their ‘Bunnies’

NiyolaBunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija004Bunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija002Bunnies By Mary -February 2013-BellaNaija003

Contact: Call 08023870031 | e-mail: [email protected].

Credits
Photography: Obi Somto
Makeup: Christine Creations
Model: Gbemi Shotade
Designer: Maryanne Alabi

1. HRS

February 28, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Nice…. Would have loved to see other designs instead of same, but still cool!

2. Demmy

February 28, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Really liked the headpieces. Most of them were bows which I love. I would have loved to see some turbans too. 🙂 x

3. sweetie

February 28, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Just one design in different fabrics?? and im so sorry but dis is not creative. Its just like me tying my diff patterned scarves in a bow. Nothing makes it stand out as a ‘bunny’ scarf.
    p.s. bella post my comment, im just sharing my opinion

• fashionLagos

February 28, 2013 at 4:19 pm

But why didn’t your turn your “talent” of tying your different patterned bows into a business? Some great businesses are developed from usual,everyday things…and that’s the difference between thinkers and doers!

• Sonia

February 28, 2013 at 4:44 pm

People like you encourage mediocrity! What if @sweetie has her own profession that she DOES? You must make it seem like it’s not for anyone to speak except they do theirs. At this rate, @sweetie will run you and mayreejay out of biz, if she decides to go into hair accessories, given her thought process. The bows are redundant, kini big deal? I’m sure mayreejay can learn a thing or two about variety now. Kaiii!

• Teris

March 4, 2013 at 6:50 am

seriously?

4. Bey

February 28, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Cool Designs …my love for Genny Dou!! Love her scatter

5. mildred

February 28, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Lovely headpieces! BN how can one review their products and services onyour blog?

6. fashionLagos

February 28, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Very cute, I like the red one!

7. mary

February 28, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Thank you for your comments and criticisms, they are all welcome. i am grateful. yes they are turbans.they cover the whole hair, and can be folded if u do not want all of your hair covered. the bows can also be worn from the front, to the side, which ever way you please.
    so if you are a muslim sister and you want your whole head covered. it can be achieved.there are other colours like yellow, blue, brown leopard skin. aquamarine and green. more colors and prints will be available sooner than you think. Bless

• Mr. Cornells

March 22, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I love the mature way you responded. Maintaining that comportment in the face of acerbic remarks is what mature minds are made of! No doubt, these hairpieces of yours are refreshingly chic (and will sit well regardless of one’s physiognomy). I’d be picking a number of them for an upcoming fashion project! Sorry, I’m replying now Mayreejay! 😉

8. babyliss

February 28, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Niyola looks stupid in dat pics, dat girl is J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ talentless wit no fashion sense even d T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ bow couldn’t help her look gud. Genny is absolutely stunning wit remarkable features

9. @ajiriavae

February 28, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Lovely idea. Personally, I’m not a bow kinda girl but I know it is something that a lot of ladies love. As long as they are reasonably priced, I see them doing well in the market. Good luck to her.
    ajiristyle.blogspot.com/

10. pynk

February 28, 2013 at 4:59 pm

hmm

11. BlackMagic babe

February 28, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I was a sucker for stuff like,till my friends start yabbing me…luv it,but just like some one stated…variety is the spice of life..

12. corolla

February 28, 2013 at 5:50 pm

@ Sonia What is mediocre about launching a hair accessory line? So if I decide to launch a line of sunglasses, then my effort is mediocre because I am only focusing on one type of accessory?It would have been different if her bows were actually badly crafted but from what I see, they look neat and are well made…People like you focus on negatives!Always so eager to trash the efforts of others.

• Fatima

February 28, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Seems lyk u didnt read wat @sonia said. Or maybe u didn’t understand

• Simya

March 2, 2013 at 3:00 am

You evidently did not read what Sonia said…people like you need glasses and shouldn’t be so quick to attack

13. Ready

February 28, 2013 at 5:50 pm

The makeup and nails are great tho’.

14. Olufunmi

February 28, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Cute! I love 😀

YCFOnline.com

15. Slim

February 28, 2013 at 6:05 pm

My beautiful scarlet Gbemisola,cute hair stuff,wer can I get them

16. www.thebanquethall.blogspot.com

February 28, 2013 at 6:53 pm

I love arts, however it is expressed, it exposes the beauty of creation. God is good u know.
    thebanquethall.blogspot.com

17. x factor

February 28, 2013 at 7:02 pm

weldone!

18. aunty

February 28, 2013 at 7:49 pm

same thing, different colours… i dont think this is a “line” just yet.
    #little beginnings

19. ADONBILIVIT

February 28, 2013 at 7:54 pm

HAHAHAHAH bia what level of – is this bikonu

20. Teetoe

February 28, 2013 at 8:07 pm

You could put ur shop address, n if its affordable

21. Osezy

February 28, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Nice

22. Osezy

February 28, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Nice
    osezy.blogspot.com

23. misse

February 28, 2013 at 8:27 pm

ermmmmm ok…….and to think i opened this piece with so much anticipation

24. sola

February 28, 2013 at 10:17 pm

congrats mayreejay. i’m sure this will grow. Its easy for people to point fingers when things are set up..but the same people find it hard to colour a circle on a paper…not to talk of starting something fresh.
    keep pushing……

25. kilipot

February 28, 2013 at 11:37 pm

I salute your efforts, I like IT but truth be told there is no big deal about this as as anybody can do this ( I do this sometimes) same thing in different colours.. try and diversify.
    nice shots though

26. obikels

March 1, 2013 at 7:59 am

Ɣ☺ΰ gouys shldnt fight or insult anyone here. The designer needs all d critics and praises.dts d only way she can get [email protected] ur piece r so cool,bur Ɣ☺ΰ need to have different designs.

27. cutechic

March 1, 2013 at 8:31 am

Job well done! How do i purchase please? i need ’em like yesterday….

28. ice diva

March 1, 2013 at 9:01 am

plz i love them but can i get them in turban forms too for church. I want to be covering my whole head when in church and still look chic & simple. Not a big fan of hats

29. uwaezu

March 1, 2013 at 10:56 am

Yes,where can we buy?its a cute alternative to scarfs for [email protected],not all of us are good at tying bows with scarves and so mareejay actually does have a market

30. Gracie

March 1, 2013 at 12:02 pm

31. Babious

March 1, 2013 at 12:16 pm

bow,bow,bow. still boring!

32. ms sexy

March 1, 2013 at 3:00 pm

mayreejay i like ur response, sweet is just expressing her opinion as a client which i Know mary is used to, constructive criticism shd be encouraged in biz, her reason for putting up this column is not to clients alone but to seek their opinions on what they think about her products, i sometimes put my products on blogs too and sit back to read comments to make me a better person and to know where to amend and do well to please my clients, no one is an island and u can never be too smart, fashionlagos if u are a biz woman, u v a long way to go, not everyone wl kiss ur ego when u pop them out but people who criticise u may actually be d ones who love u more – love u all!!!

33. sunshine

March 2, 2013 at 5:23 am

Will this really catch on?

34. kike

March 2, 2013 at 10:38 am

Err but I thought this bow thing was fading away???I personally think this is something anywoman can do on her own with her scarf et al. You can practically just tie this on while rushing out or sumn. I do appreciate her efforts though but no proper woman would wanna tie a bow at this time especially the fashion conscious ones..if twaz a turban, yeah that would be somewhat acceptable..but this??without the wow factor??no bueno

35. whocares

March 2, 2013 at 12:23 pm

How is this different from anything else sold by Newlook? even Primark? its basic.. its not a line yet till she finds a way to make her accessories unique. I am not a fan.

36. dobby

March 2, 2013 at 5:58 pm

looks really nice! Though it’d make more sense if it had different styles. The bow thingy is really getting fazed out.

37. TINUKE

March 3, 2013 at 5:37 pm

i wish i have access to half of what she used to put this together,i make accessories: hair,bridals,fashion and ankara and for my hair accessories alone, i have well over 50 diefferent designs…god job,anyway

tttworld.com.ng

38. Ms. Jayee

March 3, 2013 at 9:45 pm

But BN tho….”she has crowned Clients like Genevieve…” Did Genevieve have a choice? Didn’t she wear it because it was during a photo shoot? E come dey sound like say Genny buy am…

39. Temitope Oluleye