Music

Celebrity Photographer, Mavinbot & Now Music Diva! Check Out Toni Tones’ Music Promo Photo Shoot

Onos

17Superstar photographer, Toni Tones, more popularly known for her voice-over work on Mavin Records’ “Solar Plexus” album, which got her ‘Mavinbot’ moniker, plans to break into a new creative frontier – Music.

Having worked as a photographer, online editor and actress, Toni Tones is about to break into the music industry with the same panache and chic style she has in her other endeavours

With a lot work already done, and more still to come, collaborating with one of Mavin Records in-house producers, Baby Fresh, Toni Tones is slated to drop her debut single, “I Know What You Like” very soon.

And, to get the party started, here are some  photos from her promo photo shoot:

4 2 3b59
146e 710 111312 18
15copy16

Credits

Photography – Moussa Moussa
Styling by Toni Tones
Make-up by Seun O of Seano artistry
Fashion pieces from Tiannah’s Place and Toni Tones wardrobe.

For updates please follow her on Twitter @Toni__tones

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them.Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. okromouth

March 6, 2013 at 11:40 am

oh! wow. i rmber the red dress from dealdey..

• truck

March 6, 2013 at 11:58 pm

lmao

2. Ginger

March 6, 2013 at 11:41 am

#okbye

3. Enigma

March 6, 2013 at 11:44 am

Lmao @ first comment

4. Precious

March 6, 2013 at 11:51 am

ok

5. Thebluebloodedfashionfairy

March 6, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Dear Gbemi, you have officially lost the plot. I wish someone would sit her down and talk some sense into her head. Oh brother. When you start being a jack of all trade, you end up a master of none. And these promo images are very below par. Keep it clean and easy on the eye then hit us with the music before you go all creative like with the promo pictures. In the meantime fire your photoshop guy

6. Retrochic

March 6, 2013 at 12:31 pm

i actually liked it

7. bey

March 6, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Toni tones and toke makinwa are thesame! Wannabess! Arghhhhhh! Stop forcing it!

• Rachael

March 6, 2013 at 2:54 pm

What has Toni Tones promo shoot got to do with Toke?

• Sbaby

March 7, 2013 at 1:35 am

I wonder oh biko leave toke out if this gosh dont even comoare Toke to this girl,Toke is mire sensible and her screws are complete

8. Cat eyes

March 6, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Nice one, more grease to your elbow I say 😀

9. Feyi

March 6, 2013 at 12:44 pm

i think she photo shopped it herself

to be fair i think only 5 of the pics above look like a poor job

pls babes that wig .it has to go
    or at least make a wig in a different style
    i hope when u make a vid for the song u use a different wig, for real

u desire fame too much……….its almost disgusting
    theres nothing wrong with having a desire to be rich and famous. nothing.
    but babes urs is in a manner of self-destructions….i advise u get a mentor to help shape and frame u. Lord know u need one

• anonymous

March 6, 2013 at 3:51 pm

mr preacher man, \________ the babe dey onpoint jooo, the wig try small

• CHIOMA

March 7, 2013 at 1:34 am

LOL WHICH KIN STORY BE DIS, ABEG PARK WELL JARE

10. His highness

March 6, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Omo, Toni tones hot sha!

11. Shadeslane

March 6, 2013 at 2:00 pm

The photos are nice sha, but i reserve my comment till i hear the song

12. Tara

March 6, 2013 at 2:08 pm

This Toni tones tink she be wonderwoman? she wan do everytin,

13. Lyon

March 6, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Lol, nothin u pple wil not drag Toke Makinwa’s name to lmao! When is the song coming out, hope she wont turn out to be another Tonto oh!

14. Nollywoodcritic

March 6, 2013 at 2:13 pm

LoL grabs pop corn! Haters oya, charge!

15. Havoc

March 6, 2013 at 2:14 pm

She comes off as a fame whore. Pity, cos she’s a fantastic photographer, and she even inspired me to go after my own photography dreams – though she has no idea I even exist. I used to read her blog back when she was just starting out in photography when she was in school in Leicester (or was it Leeds?) before she moved back to Nigeria. She seemed so passionate.
    I suppose her ridiculous desire for fame should have become clear when she did that “Buy Nigerian” photoshoot, supposedly to “promote Nigerian fashion”. It never made sense to me how commissioning a photographer to take pictures of her (which were absolutely beautiful, by the way) wearing clothes by Nigerian designers would “help the industry” but I defended her when people said she was a fame whore. Now with all her red carpet antics and now this……sigh. But who knows? The song might be great, she might be great at music. We’ll see. I wish her the very best anyway. I’d just hate to see her turn into a negative cliche.

• Msunderstood

March 6, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I followed her from way back too but wen I started seeing d half naked red carpet pics, I swear I knew something like this was coming. Why should everybody b jack of all trades?

• Sally

March 7, 2013 at 7:28 am

Famous people are famous because they wanted fame and pursued it, so if she wants to be famous,nothing wrong with that, atleast she’s doing something about it and not just wishing and we should all be so brave. my two cents.

Pls check out my blog londonerinlagos.wordpress.com

• Nice Anon

March 7, 2013 at 7:33 am

Yeah, I did follow and like her back then as well. Pity!

16. pynk

March 6, 2013 at 2:19 pm

kack of all, master of none.

17. Jade

March 6, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Why do African girls nowadays think they need to be half naked in all their pics, hiss*

18. Laide

March 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm

The photos are very difficult to look at. I can hardly make out her face in most of them. Too much action!

19. new bride

March 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm

No thanks…moving along VERY swiftly!!!!

20. fashionLagos

March 6, 2013 at 2:58 pm

The pictures are poorly photoshoped. She is a photographer and should know better. That wig is also not working for her.It hardens her face. Goodluck to her.

21. dont mention

March 6, 2013 at 3:00 pm

why do women feel the need to expose themselves to make money…..nobody created these standards but women themselves…..if they would start covering up and be decent, men would respect them too to not ask that they be naked in videos………it amazes me how we hav cried for the education and empowerment of the girl child but instead took up the wrong stuff, like our bodies are what gives us power….what about the brains, the intellect? smh at this generation….may God help us…..on that note, hope she can actually sing n not hoping that her half naked self is what will endear people to her…..
    vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

• iyaz

March 7, 2013 at 1:06 am

ur argument is tooo one-sided. educate urself!!!
      if a woman wants to expose herself bcuz she’s feeing her sexy self then it’s her prerogative! Arguments like urz will only take her steps back.
      lv women alone!!!! wit ur dry blog.

• Wole

March 7, 2013 at 6:48 am

looooo @ “with your dry blig” (rolling)

22. rachelle

March 6, 2013 at 3:01 pm

she looks like mercy johnson to me

23. Kaffys son

March 6, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I love the photoshoot, hot. but seems like every1 wants to be an artist now, na wa. when is the song coming out BN?

24. Ovie

March 6, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Well, i like the image she’s going for, she looks like a pop star in the photos

25. jess

March 6, 2013 at 3:14 pm

toni tones is trying too hard aahhhhhh Fame is not for everybody #eyesrolling……………but the pic with the boobs slightly open is nice sha….#grin

26. Ebun

March 6, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Too much going on! Just OK!

27. Girlgotanopinion

March 6, 2013 at 3:24 pm

people will always hate from behind a computer screen. I do hope you have things going for you before you decide you need to critique someones efforts. Let this girl live her dream its hers to follow and no one elses HATERS!!!!!! *hissssss

• Lambo

March 7, 2013 at 1:20 am

you took the words right out of my mouth, wish I was brave enough to do what she’s doing

• Wyre

March 7, 2013 at 1:25 am

GBAM!

28. Tesonma

March 6, 2013 at 3:34 pm

thought this lady just had a baby. She lost the weight real fast.

• Partyrider

March 7, 2013 at 1:17 am

baby ke? from where to where? you dey high?

• hayzey

March 7, 2013 at 8:37 am

LMAO!

29. loveth O.

March 6, 2013 at 3:36 pm

So Much like M j

30. anonymous

March 6, 2013 at 3:42 pm

lmao at 1st comment………must you be noticed, smh.

• Sina

March 7, 2013 at 1:18 am

LOOOL, ABI

31. anonymous

March 6, 2013 at 3:45 pm

@ ovie looks like a pop star ko, looks like a cherry star ni……….guy sit on ds \______

32. Lekan

March 6, 2013 at 3:53 pm

She too sexy!

33. Sandra O

March 6, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I really like the photos, very well executed, not like the other crappy photos people call campaign photos, but then she’s a photographer so on good photos are expected of her and she delivered.

34. Yaw

March 6, 2013 at 4:01 pm

BN wey d song na?

35. foluso

March 6, 2013 at 4:10 pm

what is ds industry turning into, for crying out loud……. :'(

36. Tosin

March 6, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Fast way to make easy money in Nigeria…..SMH

• Sbaby

March 7, 2013 at 1:42 am

Na wa oh i tire everybody wants to do Industry things, delaying and killing their written destiny, I went to QC with Gbemi and she had gra gra then so its still in the body I guess, over the years I have seen her battle and struggle for automatic fame and now na music, if only she concentrated on just the Photog thing she would have been big by now but no she wants to mount stage.
      And please be natural you try too hard to look feirce and hard and you just end up looking UnFemale if theres a word like that lmao

37. Kiki

March 6, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Why is she wearing an underskirt as a skirt. smh

• Dennis

March 7, 2013 at 1:24 am

Lol you struggled hard to find something to sayy sha, you try

38. Tincan

March 6, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I wish her good success. I think pics 1 (ankle) and 8 (waist to end of pic) are overdone. It looks unreal. That said, everybody is hustling, if this is her hustle then goodluck. The important thing is the music.

39. colourfulbutterfly

March 6, 2013 at 6:55 pm

People please leave her be!

• Miguel

March 7, 2013 at 1:11 am

Pls sharrap! I’m sure she knew what she was getting herself in2 when she decided to enter entertainment, so pls dont come and yarn dust here, we are free to say whatever the hell we want, you be her mama?

• Ginger

March 7, 2013 at 6:16 am

Nah….if she want s to be left alone she won’t be be all up in our faces like bam

40. Alex

March 6, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Toyin lawani can you stop giving out same clothes you give to order people …rember toke makinwa wore that dress from you now Toni haba …

• Felix

March 7, 2013 at 1:07 am

Yer, Toke makinwa has worn this dress, BN you should do a who wore it better post,Toni tones looks rly gud in it sha

41. MadamtheMadam

March 6, 2013 at 7:18 pm

We shall see.

42. Paul Ukonu

March 6, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Very nice…. The sky is ur starting point

43. Chima

March 6, 2013 at 8:01 pm

The pics are too busy . A lot going on in the background that u loose focus on the person in the picture

• LanreB

March 6, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I don’t agree, I really like that she did something different from the same old studio shoot that evry1 uses 4 their promo pix. I think the pictures are very engaging, they’ll definitely grab anyones’ attention.

44. Julz

March 6, 2013 at 9:42 pm

but why must you all hate abeg??
    Free the babe, do your own thing.

• LanreB

March 6, 2013 at 11:12 pm

I tire o! if the babe should die now, na so so, “awwww, and she was just about to blow, she was living her life,….. bla bla we go dey hear” instead of you to appreciate her now that she’s hear, after what y’all put Goldie through, una no tire, Abeg ToniTones, nothing do u, do ur fing!

45. Jara

March 6, 2013 at 10:42 pm

I cracked my knuckles when i opened this post ready to throw balls of fire, but honestly I have nothing to hate here, these pictures are certified dope, Toni looks hot! now lets see if the song will match up

46. Yeside

March 6, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Av heard the song on the radio a few times..the Ogbeni duro nor song abi, didn’t know dis babe sang it, i actually really like d song, it will be a club banger, hataz go still 8 sha lol

47. Thatbadguy

March 6, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Tonitones marry me!!!!

48. POSHILLA!!

March 7, 2013 at 12:27 am

DIS ONE NA FORCING ‘GUY’ OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAHAHAHAHHHAA

49. fifi

March 7, 2013 at 12:48 am

okay, please dont think am hating, but i will say she needs to get rid of this wig and just wear her hair natural like she did on that liz yemoja interview. It brought her face structure and she actually looked good. Please also get a makeup artist, hopefully the one tiwa uses. I used to have such great hopes for you and now am wondering if the search for fame is derailing ur passion for photography. I believe everyone should use all their talents, but use them well. just dont start and not finish something just because others are not cheering you on, be your own cheerleader. Stop trying to dress so provocative, yes you have an okay body that if you toned up would be hot, but you are not toned, just okay body, work on you abs jare. Secondly since you started this your tv show, wetin be the name sef, i don forget, but make sure u r not dropping it just to pick up singing. If you must do photography,acting and singing( please dont be worse than tonto(even though i dont think anyone could be)). In all good luck, try to do your best in all you do, and dont try to dance to the beat of every drum just because you know some steps in it, make sure you learn it very well and hopefully perfect it, for if you dont and as an acquaintance and well wisher i will be the one laughing at you, in your face.

50. Danaairiswrong

March 7, 2013 at 1:47 am

I respect her alot for going for what she wants and the pictures are really nice, but where does where does she get the time to juggle all her works

51. Justmi

March 7, 2013 at 2:15 am

You really don’t need 20 pictures to portray beauty or to sell your market, ESP when it’s music not modeling you’re going for…. Just 1 near perfect shot would’ve been enough. I still won’t be able to recognize her if I saw her tomorrow, lets see that face up close.. Goodluck tho!

52. Didi

March 7, 2013 at 2:35 am

I’e heard the song, its already on air. it’s very nice

53. TruthHurts

March 7, 2013 at 3:32 am

Nigerians can NEVER be supportive…lets be honest we’ve all dreamt of being musicians, actors/actresses, being rich and famous, truth is MOST OF US AREN’T BRAVE ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. So keep your insecurities to yourself, dare to dream, and if you cant do anything about, SHUT UP!

ToniTones, Toke Makinwa, Toolz, Tiwa Savage and all those other young, beautiful, talented Nigerian ladies out there, not afraid to be bold and beautiful, creative, innovative, amongst many other wonderfully wonderful things… THANK YOU for living your dream.

54. Ada

March 7, 2013 at 4:48 am

The lace dress is my best of all the looks…I’m really enjoying how lace is back in style now.

adainprogress.blogspot.com

55. Na real wah!

March 7, 2013 at 4:52 am

I remember back when you’d hear a song on the radio and then have to wait forever to see what the artist looked like if the song was really good(I remember listening to Asa’s ‘Eye Adaba’ for almost year before finding out who she was….but now na opposite…you wan sing, you first take photo full ground repete….oh well I bet times do change.
    Anywayz for those saying she’s desperate for fame…abeg leave her, it’s her passion. She’s as desperate for fame as most of these bank workers are to become MD, she only has the spotlight on her passion and career…Now how succesful she’ll be at it?? Time will tell.

• Sally

March 7, 2013 at 7:31 am

Pls check out my blog londonerinlagos.wordpress.com

56. Caligula

March 7, 2013 at 5:32 am

Y’all play games on BN – the comment I posted prior, which y’all have refused to post was nothing but the truth..kinda lame tho. Pls Get it together smh

57. Wole

March 7, 2013 at 6:45 am

All the negative comments are def from females, no hot blooded male in Africa will deny this babe anything, she’s beautiful, wow!

58. Duni

March 7, 2013 at 7:12 am

This girl will blow tbh, whenever they write bout her, there are always such strong opinions, people either really hate her or they really like her and thats how stars are made, lets be seeing na

59. Anon

March 7, 2013 at 7:21 am

I love

60. justMe

March 7, 2013 at 7:41 am

really loved her voice on the mavins album, very sexy!

61. Justina

March 7, 2013 at 11:15 am

Seesh! ____/ TT this seat is for you

62. mayhem

March 7, 2013 at 11:34 am

*whistling by*

63. MISS 0

March 7, 2013 at 11:43 am

They are playing tonitons song on rhythm rite now o!

64. Rilwan

March 7, 2013 at 12:22 pm

When is the song out?

65. IJ

March 7, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I’ve heard the song and its very nice and catchy,especially the ‘ogbeni duri nor’ part.BN will we eb able to download it form your site?

66. Notjustok

March 7, 2013 at 1:48 pm

heard the gist had to come check it out lol

67. Toye

March 7, 2013 at 11:49 pm

kudos to her for chasing her dreams, I wish her well. the pictures are very nice

68. lara g

March 8, 2013 at 7:46 am

can’t wait to hear the song, hope it’s nice!

69. lilian

March 12, 2013 at 3:04 am

Ahn, BN where’s the song na? since.