News

Sad… Six Year-Old Girl Dies from Complications after Being Raped by her Teenage Brothers in Delta State

Just two days after the House of Representatives recommended life imprisonment for rapists in Nigeiria, two teenage brothers have been arrested in Delta state for allegedly raping their six year-old sister who died from complications from the sexual abuse.

The sad incident occurred at Ogbe-Ijoh community, Warri South Local Government Area of the state. Sun News reports that the brothers, 19-year-old Felix Inia and 16-year-old Stanley Inia have been arrested by the Delta State Police Command, Asaba, for allegedly defiling their six-year-old step sister, {Name Redacted}.

Here is an excerpt from the Sun News report:

The suspects were said to have had carnal knowledge of the minor by forcefully penetrating her, which led to severe injuries in the victim’s private part.

Besides the injuries sustained after the alleged sexual abuse, little Miss later developed protruding stomach, leading to medical complications that eventually cut short the life of the victim. Investigation revealed that the suspects’ mother got married to the father of the deceased after her first marriage ended with the death of Mr. Inia. The now embattled mother moved into her new marriage with her teenage sons, who unsuspecting, had eyes on little Miss  immediately they stepped into their new home.

They allegedly carried out their ignoble mission last month when they were left with the victim at home while others had gone out for the day’s activities. According to a police source, the younger Inia, Stanley, allegedly lured his elder brother, Felix, into the act. “The younger brother said he sold the idea to his elder brother. He (Stanley) assured his brother that there was nothing to be afraid of and that he (Stanley) had been doing it with other children in the area,” the source told Daily Sun.

The Public Relations Officer of the command, ASP Famous Ajieh, confirmed the arrest of the suspects to Sun News, adding that they would be charged to court as soon as investigation was concluded.

This is so sad. Stanley’s confession of “doing it with other children in the area” is very shocking and re-emphasizes the need for mothers to pay more attention to teenage children.

Rest in peace.

Adeola Adeyemo is a graduate of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management from University of Lagos. However, her passion is writing and she worked as a reporter with NEXT Newspaper. She believes that anything can be written about; anything can be a story depending on the angle it is seen from and the writer's imagination. When she is not writing news or feature articles, she slips into her fantasies and creates interesting fiction pieces. She blogs at www.deolascope.blogspot.com

1. ima

March 7, 2013 at 11:39 am

simply horrible!

2. Annie

March 7, 2013 at 11:42 am

Stupid, crazy, heartless boys, let justice prevail biko. what atrocity! 🙁

3. Peachy_mo

March 7, 2013 at 11:50 am

Ahusubillahi! what is the world turning into? this is sad and pathetic! what will follow??? May Allah grant the mother inner strength to overcome this. And mothers please pay attention to your children please! Only God knows what most children consciously suppresses in the head that molds them into whatever they become as adults…

4. Bleed blue

March 7, 2013 at 11:51 am

Just too sad. This is why people need to stop focusing on “why was she too wearing that short skirt?” or “what was she too doing in the man’s house late at night?”Do we now ask what this innocent 6yr old girl was wearing that seduced her brothers?
    It’s not about the females and what we do or don’t do! The orientation needs to start with the male amongst us, let’s educate them for goodness sake! Let’s drum it into the ears of our brothers, fathers, sons, uncles, nephews, neighbours…it’s NEVER okay to force intimacy, regardless of any circumstance.

I’m crying here, because the end that this child has faced could easily have been my story. BN friends, this same insanity happened to me when I was 5yrs old and it wasn’t a one-off incident, it was constant abuse, for years, with no one to turn to for help, I’m still at a loss as to what was attractive about my tiny body. It’s been more than 2 decades now but I still think about it often. Crazy, messy world we live in. My tears are really flowing now. I’m tired.

• Tess

March 7, 2013 at 3:15 pm

My dear sister, I too was abused by no other than my own father from the age of 10! I vowed to protect my kid sister from any other beast and regularly spoke to her about being careful. Imagine my shock and helplessness when she confided in me, many years later, that she was raped by a neighbour at age 6! Age 6 for goodness sake!

A you know, such traumatic events truly affect victims psychogically and lead to all sorts of behaviour. I am encouraged by Joyce Meyer, who was abused by her dad for years. I listen to her messages on youtube and above all read the bible and pray. I know that by God’s grace, the evil that was done to me can be used for good. I refuse to allow my abuser to win again and again by dwelling on the evil he did. I hope to work with abuse victims, especially women, in future.

I encourage you Bleed blue to be strong, many women have gone throough this despicable act, but with determination and God’s grace you too will triumph. God bless you dear sister

• Bleed blue

March 8, 2013 at 10:21 am

Thanks Tess…your father? Wow…that’s just deeply sad. I like the fact that you’re trying to direct your energy into something positive from all the heart ache. Don’t know when this rubbish will stop but if we can help even one person not have to go through this, then it’s worth it. God bless you too

• Babydoc

March 7, 2013 at 6:29 pm

I felt so sad to read your story. Sadly, it is the story of so many little girls but it does not have to define your life. You must not let that happen. There is COMPLETE healing in Jesus, just reach out to Him through prayer. He will answer you.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

March 8, 2013 at 6:25 pm

@ Bleedblue and Tess, you were both children, my God why??? Why are these monsters allowed to continue living normal lives after destroying children’s dreams? And they walk amongst us – in our families, in our workplaces, in our government, criss-crossing our paths practically everyday.

Monsters destroyed this little six year-old’s life. I can’t even imagine what pain she went through, she who should have been playing with her mates and generally living the worry free life of a six year old child. This was pre-meditated rape and I pray it is dealt with to the fullest extent of the law and more importantly, those boys are put into a rehabilitation program at the same time because I dread to think of who a 16 year old serial rapist will become after 20 years.

MONSTERS!!!!! To all victims who are still living with the scars inflicted by monsters, I pray that God will numb the pain of your past and bless you with new promises of joy as your restoration.

5. Abimbola

March 7, 2013 at 11:51 am

The boys does not deserve any kind of pity but to pay for d deadly act committed on the little girl…
    The world truly is turning out to be something else.

RIP LIL ANGEL

6. mama

March 7, 2013 at 11:52 am

may God have mercy on us, Mothers oh…. please have time for your children. may the soul of the little girl RIP

7. HRS

March 7, 2013 at 11:53 am

Awon Oloriburuku!!! Awon Manshafani!!!! Mothers, bikonu pay attention to your kids, let them know the dangers out there, don’t shield these things thinking you are protecting them, once saw a video clip at a salon of a 13yr old girl having canal knowledge of a boy not more than 4, they practically did everything, i mean everything in the bath and someone was taking a video of that on a phone for close to 20mins without even raising an alarm after 5mins if you only wanted evidence, 5mins was enuf! I couldn’t sleep or close my eyes for days without the clip coming back, had to ask for the Holy spirit’s help to erase the picture from my mind. We ladies got talking and I remember one mentioned that her friend’s twin little girls do not allow anyone to touch their private while bathing them except their mother, an express instruction from their mother, even their father only helps to pour water while they wash down below, another one mentioned that her friend’s 10 or 14yr old son was already abusing his younger sister who was barely 1, they had to quickly take care of the situation, this world is wicked with sick people in it!! Be cautious!!!!!

8. onyi

March 7, 2013 at 11:55 am

Oh My God. This is just terrible reading this alone gave me shivers. A six year old what were they thinking my only conclusion is that they are Sick. Sick sick sick bastards.

9. latoya

March 7, 2013 at 11:58 am

this is just sick

10. cornerstone

March 7, 2013 at 12:16 pm

its very touchin lord av mercy.my dear precious r i p.omg

11. ALEXA

March 7, 2013 at 12:20 pm

So gross!!! Sick society

12. Na wa

March 7, 2013 at 12:24 pm

People are getting sick everyday.I fear for the next generation.

13. sarafina

March 7, 2013 at 12:41 pm

This is sad!

14. Stella Kashmoney

March 7, 2013 at 12:45 pm

This is just madness. What is this world turning into?

15. Sarah

March 7, 2013 at 12:51 pm

This is horrible. what is this world turning into?

16. Berry Dakara

March 7, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I feel sick to my stomach!!!

17. Mary

March 7, 2013 at 1:18 pm

This is horrible. Abomination.

18. Miss Eloquent

March 7, 2013 at 1:23 pm

This is disheartening!:'(
    If brothers can treat their sisters like this, what example are they showing other teenage boys? Sigh…

19. dor dor

March 7, 2013 at 1:32 pm

*Goosebumps* traumitizing* Gross*

20. Grace

March 7, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Jesus Christ,i am still in shock,is there anything that can never happen in this world?6yrs old girl raped by her own step brothers and died afterwards,what a cruel world…..This is very sad indeed. Parents really need to keep close watch on their wards…smh:(

21. Pikes

March 7, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Ndi ala.madness shall follow them all the days of their lives.Rape should attract a penalty of 44 years with hard labour

22. ao

March 7, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I’m surprised the BN published the name of the victim. Usually, the names of rape victims especially children are not publicized by the media. Anyways, I hope that the alleged rapists are tried and if found guilty, spend the rest of their lives in prison or put to death since what they did amounts to felony murder.

BellaNaija.com

March 7, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Thank you. Post updated

BellaNaija.com

March 7, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Thank you. However, sadly this typically applies mainly when the victim is alive. Tragically she has passed away. We have updated the post anyway.

• Phebe

March 13, 2013 at 9:52 am

BN didnt publish the name of the victim. Read the article again. The published names are only the names of d rapists.

23. e-bukun

March 7, 2013 at 3:00 pm

We need to raise our kids, and frankly society, to view and treat rape as grotesque and inhumane as canibalism. When people put them on the same level as absurd and bizarre, then maybe people will start to understand that it is more than a physical assault, it is literally destroying another human being and treating them like meat or something less than equal.

24. Funmi

March 7, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Where’s that guy who wrote the “Men must rape” article??? I would just LOVE to hear his opinion on this, seeing as people like him still think females should bear the brunt of rape prevention. The backwardness that persists in this 2013 is astounding.

25. Ms lala

March 7, 2013 at 5:05 pm

who else is voting death penalty for these bastards..I can imagine her pain during the act.. I suggest firing squad or hanging.

26. Idak

March 7, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I thought these sort of atrocities only happen in South Africa. God have mercy. Humanity is at its lowest at present. Any kind of evil imaginable is becoming an every day occurrence.

• Annoyed nigerian

March 8, 2013 at 2:51 am

Shut up Idak because u think its only Nigerians that are saints…….every sin happens in Ur country so erase those kind of stupid prejudices…..

27. Timma

March 7, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Hmmm!!!May She rest in peace,just too sad

28. Creamy_Amie

March 7, 2013 at 8:27 pm

This is outright inhumanity, gosh! I hope d face d consequences. Jeez….
    Thank you so much Tess for that piece of advice. I’m really encouraged by Joyce Meyer,she’s an inspiration to me.
    @ Bleed Blue, pls I need you to encourage urself in the LORD and put the past behind you.
    Thank you….

29. Deedee

March 7, 2013 at 8:37 pm

OMG, dis is so sad and disheartening, mothers really have to pay more attention to their ids, dis world is really evil, chai……

30. Deedee

March 7, 2013 at 8:37 pm

*kids

31. HABBA

March 7, 2013 at 9:24 pm

if men cant handle seeing women at night they should stay at home!!!! lock up the men since they like to rape women with short skirts. let us not forget this story. This is a rape of a baby. a little girl that spent just 6 years on earth just to be brutally takin away. its time for laws!! IF YOU RAPE SOMEONE< I DONT CARE IF SHE WAS OUT IN THE MIDNIGHT IF YOU RAPE ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 14 ITS DEATH. ITS TIME FOR RAPE LAWS

• Ms lala

March 7, 2013 at 11:33 pm

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I second that motion ….i swear…infact under 16 sef, and gang rape should = death sentence…am still voting on hanging or death by swallowing 12oz of acid…countries like Thailand, Saudi Arabia don’t play at all at all…infact tire on the neck burning is what befits these idiots. anyone caught redhanded raping a child should be mobbed by the people.

32. Dammylola_

March 7, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Everyone asking mothers to take care of their chilren what about the fathers? Whatever happened to sharing responsibilities!!! Accusing the woman of every wrong only demeans the woman therefore little respect is given to her. Imagine the six year old that was forcefully penetrated and sent to an early grave by men!!!! Biko no more comments on women this and women that. Everyone should be responsible!!! Those dogs should be castrated!!! What does a six year old have on her body to attract men? Later some idiots will say a girl is at fault if she gets raped, what ever happened to self control? Can’t you see and look away? We really should stop deceiving ourselves that we live in a mordern world some people are just cavemen thAt should go back in time and hit eachother on the head with clubs!!! Just rubbish.

33. R

March 8, 2013 at 5:09 am

My God, may she rest in peace