News

Super Sweet Proposal Video! Watch Ayotunde propose to Adewunmi

BellaNaija Weddings

BellaNaija Weddings Proposal Video
Talk about a super sweet proposal!
Ayotunde put in so much effort to ensure that his proposal to his love Adewunmi was grand and thrilling.
Find out how they met and watch the video below.

How Ayotunde & Adewunmi Met
by Adewunmi
Ok here goes….
My best friend’s sister moved to Kano after she got married in 2010. Fast forward, March 7th 2011 we all got the good news of the arrival of their baby boy. My best friend wasn’t in town at that time, I would have naturally waited for her and gone together but I ended up travelling with a mutual friend Zainab. I guess a higher power was at work.

When we landed in Kano, we drove the house, this young man (Ayotunde) approached the car said hi to my friend and as he approached me, my eyes flashed over to his ‘ring finger’. I noticed he was wearing a band so I just tuned off assuming he was married. He said hello and I responded in a cold manner because I didn’t want to be encouraging anything!

As the day progressed, I noticed him in the pool in the midst of about four or so girls talking and all; I thought to myself and he’s supposed to be married SMH :). It was time for dinner, one of the girls who had latched on to him came into the kitchen asking for food for him and I was ‘thinking can’t she see the band on his finger’?!

Next day was the day of the naming at the ceremony I remember the cleric talking about how “goodnews begets goodnews” and all the singles present would get their God ordained partners I remember saying a very loud AMEN that got everybody chuckling (he apparently said his AMEN as well).

Landing in Lagos a few days later, my friend who I travelled with sent me a message on BB saying Ayotunde likes me. I go “Zainab I can see you don’t like me oo so it’s someone that’s married you want me to date?” She then goes ahead to explain that the ring was decorative and he wasn’t married and then she gives him my pin, we got talking and the rest is history….

The Proposal
by Ayotunde
By November 2012, I was convinced beyond doubt that we were meant to be together. So I started the planning on how to get the ring. I had help from my jewellery consultant. Once we had agreed design, the next was how to get the ring size.

In a twisted tale of attending to me when I was ill, she forgot her fashion rings. It was an opportunity for me to get the ring size. I called my neighbour to help measure the ring and help bring it back before she came to check on me for that day. It was a close one though as my neighbour got in 5 minutes before she did. Immediately we commissioned the making of the ring.

Next stop was the magical proposal.

My cousin HF and I had begun hatching the plan for the proposal. We hit the studio and did the recording. The next task was now how to get her to the “event”. This magical day was the birthday of the baby that was born in 2011 (the event that we both attended when we met in Kano) – March 7. We agreed that Finesse Entertainment (HF’s Record Label) was unveiling a new artiste and we wanted support from family and friends at the Genesis Deluxe Cinema in the Palms, Lekki.

We had planned all this and Adewunmi was set to represent me at the Palms to support my cousin’s record label (I claimed I was stuck at the office! Little did she know.)
Getting her to the venue was a real suspense drama. She had to pull through nasty traffic that day. Just at the last minute, she decided to go home to my cousin instead of the Palms. It was at that point that I started sweating! I began to cry foul to alert my cousin to change her decision and get her to come to the venue.

It was tough, she had little to eat, she was there chatting me up and I was responding like I was back at the office feeling her plight and displaying empathy.

If only she knew.

So the trailers to the movies started and the trailer unveiling this new artiste came up, the rest is concluded in the video. The baby that connected us celebrated his 2nd birthday on that day and we went in together to propose to Adewunmi.

Watch!

1. Ushees

May 9, 2013 at 8:54 am

OMG!!! nw i wanna just cry!!!…amazing proposal,very thotful of him…hubby where r u ooo???

• Abok

May 12, 2013 at 11:14 am

lol….i’ve never wanted to comment on this website but this vid has moved me. its so real and so natural! i love it! got me all smiles!

2. jennietobbie

May 9, 2013 at 8:55 am

How cute

3. gemma

May 9, 2013 at 8:57 am

omggggggggggggggggggggg……………..i criedddddd and kept blushing like as if i wer d bride.omgggggggggggg…………………..

• Nonye Akinyemi

May 17, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Same here too. I am married, but nevertheless this is a wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww proposal. Ayotunde for you to go all this length to propose to Wunmi, I daresay she must be worth millions. Praying that as you both start this journey, you will never be tired of each other in Jesus name. Thumbs up.

4. vhee

May 9, 2013 at 8:59 am

awwwwwww…so sweeeeeet

5. Godslove22

May 9, 2013 at 9:00 am

Awwww that’s was so cute…..All the best to the both of them 🙂

6. julit

May 9, 2013 at 9:15 am

and again i say simple and sincere things are always the best. No amount of luxury can replace a sincere heart

• Cynthia

May 9, 2013 at 10:00 pm

GBAM, take five #WORD.

• smh

May 11, 2013 at 8:20 pm

word !!!

7. Noms

May 9, 2013 at 9:17 am

I just cried. Father,let my own man plan smith gr8 4 me too oooooo. All the best peeps. Congrats.

8. Kay

May 9, 2013 at 9:26 am

Awwwww! Love it….unique indeed:)

9. One Nation

May 9, 2013 at 9:34 am

Now, I bet she wouldn’t concentrate on that movie Lailai. Very nice one bro. At least there are men with loving hearts in Naija. God bless your union jare.

• Keek Dat

May 11, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Great one young man! Treasure her

10. Hilda

May 9, 2013 at 9:36 am

Awwww
    Guys learn!!!

11. truetalk

May 9, 2013 at 9:44 am

lmaooo! @ the person who hissed and the lady throwing shade that was sitting beside em…dont worry your own will come IJN…..beautiful proposal wish them happiness and joy IJN

• kay

May 9, 2013 at 3:39 pm

haha i thought i was the only one who heard and saw….especially the badbelle giving them shade. she no even fear say camera dey her front. The heart of men…lol

12. wow!

May 9, 2013 at 9:50 am

may be i should go to the cinema more often…may be i should infact try it everyday.*sigh*my man is so slow…i’m almost about giving up on him.congrats girl!

• pretty woman

May 9, 2013 at 7:48 pm

LMAO! #dead!

• Partyrider

May 10, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Lmaoo

13. anonymous

May 9, 2013 at 9:57 am

i don’t like public engagements. i hope my future husband will not propose to me in public.

• ebrufles

May 11, 2013 at 12:48 am

i guess everyone is entitled to what they prefer but i see the whole wedding as a public display of love and i guess the proposal can be as well.

14. joy

May 9, 2013 at 9:58 am

My God!u wil watch some stuffs n jus b pityin ur life.My hubby hope u watch. Dis n do smtin. Greater oo

15. Princess

May 9, 2013 at 10:06 am

The joy on her face! that joy!…. Baba God let my own joy come to me.

16. oluwatosin

May 9, 2013 at 10:16 am

Woww…That’s lovely. Best proposal of the year..

17. chi chi

May 9, 2013 at 10:17 am

awww. so sweet. I would totally just die of shyness if i get a proposal this public. Congrats to the couple.
    jewelzmag.com

18. Ebunoluwasimi

May 9, 2013 at 10:41 am

Guys are you learning???????

19. eniola

May 9, 2013 at 10:45 am

Okay now i want a boyfriend! aw sweet!

20. wow!

May 9, 2013 at 10:48 am

21. Ollanma

May 9, 2013 at 11:13 am

Awwwww bless! i almost cried….*sigh*and that was how I got a very(in my opinion) thoughtless proposal from my (now) fiance…I love him and all that but considering all that we’ve been through,the proposal just came across as something he just wanted to get out of the way*sad face*…While i have no unrealistic expectations of marching bands and jets in the sky, yes i have had a certain way i would have liked to be proposed to and I feel somewhat sad that he,who is supposed to know me better than anyone else didn’t even come close to giving me a heartwarming memory of the day he proposed…seeing proposals like this just get me icky all over again.I’ve been brooding about it and before I get eaten raw,any ideas on how to rectify this? I use God beg una,na question I ask oh…lol!

• Berry Dakara

May 9, 2013 at 3:46 pm

LOL! Awwwwww. Maybe focus on the better qualities of your guy, and downplay the fact that the proposal was lackluster.

It dawned on me to be vocal about the kinda ring I want (not expensive but he should have worked for it), and the kinda proposals I like and dislike – CLUBS AND BARS NOT ALLOWED! NO CHURCH TOO!

As far as rectifying it, if he’s not overly sensitive, maybe you can let him you know that you’d hoped he would have put more thought and romance into your proposal. Hopefully he gets the hint and does something pretty on another occasion or even randomly. 🙂

berrydakara.blogspot.com

• Nat

May 10, 2013 at 3:46 pm

haba babe, calm down. The proposal is done already, just look forward to the wedding and at least that you can plan to your own taste for the memory to last a life time. Marriage still dey una for front o

• Tinu

May 10, 2013 at 3:56 pm

He can rectify this but it won’t be a proposal. just let him know you would have loved it if he had put some efforts in the proposal and let him know he owes you one. He can make it up to you with a surprise birthday outing with friends….that would give him the opportunity to say all the things he should have said during the proposal in the presence of your guests.

• Intoxyka

May 14, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Eya, not many people are like that o. You know with the cameras and all. Im sure he cares for you deeply and that’s what counts. Think not about the proposal but about the beautiful days you are going to spend together and the lasting memories that you are going to create.

• 'Olivia Pope'

May 17, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Let it go my dear. I do understand your pain…but let the proposal go and focus on dropping hints about your hopes for other events: 40th birthday, one year anniversary et al.
      God bless you and yours.

22. teetho

May 9, 2013 at 12:06 pm

awwww! loving this in pawpaw’s voice

23. Mandie

May 9, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Ayotunde well done…

mandiescocktails.blogspot.com

24. Adetola

May 9, 2013 at 12:26 pm

wow that was lovely

25. Priscy

May 9, 2013 at 12:31 pm

wow…just wow. simple yet…

26. Mystikal

May 9, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Ayotunde…..i’m stumpedddddd. You’ve completely outdone yourself. Well done, God bless your union.

27. Joan

May 9, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Can someone say “PRESSURE” for all the boyfriends that just jejely came to watch movie with their babes before all this unfolded? LMBO 🙂 Love this!
    Congrats Ayotunde & Adewunmi, God bless your union…

• Lizzie

May 13, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Looool, so true… PRESSURE!

• Intoxyka

May 14, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Why isn’t there a like or love button so I can LOVE this comment here. Mehn, the hints they will start getting after this will not have part 2…..

28. iamfascinating

May 9, 2013 at 1:27 pm

sooo sweet!

29. Gina

May 9, 2013 at 2:01 pm

awwww so luvly. one cud clearly see that this wasnt pre planned like some of our celebs proposal. exactly the way i wud av behaved if it was me. but me fit add slap (loving slap) join sha to ask why dis publicity.

30. mimzzzzzzzzzz

May 9, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Such a romantic proposal, it brought tears 2 my eyes. i always dreamed of getting this, Unfortunately i didn’t get this kind of romantic proposal from my husband, but fortunately wat he doesn’t say in words, he makes up for by his actions. I look forward to seeing ur wedding pix on BN & wish u both a blissful life together.

31. Mabel

May 9, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Awwww congrats again Dew…..so romantic. @truetalk…the lady bsd them is sooo married. I can’t wait for the wedding *dancing*. Ayotunde n Dewunmi together forever IJN. Amen!

32. Miss N

May 9, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Wow wow wow I am stunned.ewooooo my lover take a cue

33. beeess

May 9, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Awwww congratulations!!!! Such a yummy proposal! 🙂

34. floxzzieORLANDO

May 9, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Was tears rolling down my eyes………Dew so happy for dear! You deserved the very best,Happy Marriage Life dear.

35. Anon

May 9, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Nigerians are hatuuurrrsss!! ah! see that one that was eating popcorn and staring! what will it cost you to clap or hail at least?!

36. Eminitemi

May 9, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Lovely, lovely, lovely. God bless your home, Ayotunde and Adewumi….
    But ladies, may I say that it’s beyond the proposal? I got a very simple proposal but have a fantastic husband and marriage. So let’s be careful not to place too much emphasis on the proposal and wedding ceremony.

@Ollanma, just tell him how you feel. He might be able to somehow make it up to you in other ways.

• pretty woman

May 9, 2013 at 7:49 pm

In as much as i wouldnt place soooo much emphasis on the proposal..i would like it to be a memorable one that i can remember with a smile and maybe lil drops of tears…

37. Africhic

May 9, 2013 at 7:13 pm

I don’t want drama, I just want a good man that loves me.

38. Bisi O.

May 9, 2013 at 8:38 pm

OMG here in the office tearing up! Love it!

39. Misi

May 9, 2013 at 10:47 pm

He put a lot of effort into this. All just to see the smile on her face. Dottie, we are waiting for the wedding o. *wink

40. NNENNE

May 10, 2013 at 1:56 am

Best wishes.

41. funky

May 10, 2013 at 8:30 am

So sweet,God bless their union.

42. Hurperyermie

May 10, 2013 at 8:58 am

waooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. IG

May 10, 2013 at 9:55 am

Wow, proud of you bro, you really represented!!! Look forward to the wedding..congrats to you both!

44. John D Rockefeller God-made billionaire

May 10, 2013 at 10:00 am

This guy just gave me some ideas , nice one

45. london's finest

May 10, 2013 at 10:39 am

OLLANMA

girlfriend, i feel you die. i also got a thoughtless proposal from my fiance. he proposed in my apartment (the ring was absolutely stunning though), while seated on my bed. but you know what, i am still thankful. at least, he made an effort to get the ring and propose. i know how much i have been waiting to find the right man and one who i love and i am absolutely crazy about and who also feels the same way towards me.

so many girls out there dont even have a boyfriend, how much more a committed boyfriend not to talk of a fiance. some girls, na belle the guy take marry them, no proposal, nothing.for some, the guy just said ”what date can my family meet yours”. no proposal ring, nothing.

that said,i hope my bf makes up for his lacklustre proposal with a wow wedding and a even more wow honeymoon. the fact that, its just his personality. . . he is laid back, hates the limelight and not a hopeless romantic like me.. heheheh

so girlfriend, be thankful to God for what you have.

• Ollanma

May 11, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Sisi london…so you were the fly on my wall that day,abi? lol!

But seriously,the thing pain me no be small oh.*covers face*.Still,I am VERY thankful,because some have food and cannot eat…In my own case,I have food and I can eat…ekele diri Chineke! @London’s Finest, Eminitemi,Tinu,Nat and Berry thank you so much for all your responses…una do well!

• zsa zsa

May 12, 2013 at 6:43 am

My proposal was lack lustre too. IT happened in his apartment, we were about leaving for his village(funny) to see his folks. I was heading for the door when he grabbed my arm, pulle dme towards him and made this speech about me being the love of his life and so on. Then slipped the ring on my finger. It wasn’t great but it was HIM, he is not one for theatrics though he can be very creative. I never imagined how i would like to be proposed to but i understand where y’all are coming from. Just enjoy it, if you really know your partner and know his heart is in the right place then no need to worry.BUT for future purposes, i would let him know so he could put a little more thought into anything else he may do for u.

46. Hey

May 10, 2013 at 10:43 am

Awwwwwwwwwwww…. so cute!

47. spicey

May 10, 2013 at 10:48 am

awwww…….so cool.got myself almost crying. i wish you guys all the best.

48. lara

May 10, 2013 at 10:52 am

my first comment on BN………..i love this.

49. bbb

May 10, 2013 at 11:08 am

u saw a married man and wrote him off, yet you didnt stop shadowing him…….***** just thinking!!!

Anywayz HML

• Knut

May 10, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Awon aye! Where does it say she was shadowing him???

50. Monalisa

May 10, 2013 at 12:01 pm

nice concept..saw sumtin similar on yahoo news last month wen a white guy proposed to his gfrnd exactly the same way.i guess he got inspiration frm dat?? lol, bt kudos to the wud be groom…dat was sum effort!!..future hubby take note

• Teddy Bear

May 11, 2013 at 8:15 pm

UGH! Why do you have to assume that he was inspired by the “white guy”? Why couldn’t he have just come up with the concept on his own ? Smh….

• Monalisa

May 20, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Mr Bear r u takin it personal? like u said its just an assumption, he cud av cum up wit it himself, I just said wt I noticed biko..

51. Jhaye

May 10, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Is it only me? I can’t ever hear what they say with all that music in the background on any of the videos. If it’s private then pls don’t bother putting it up for us. Congrats guys!! It’s great to know that not all Nigerian men have forgotten what true romance is like. While I’m not keen on public stuff like this. It was oh so sweet to behold!! Ayotunde kudos to you for showing your brothers the way!!! All the best guys!!

52. Anuri

May 10, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Awwhhhhhhhhhh! this is so so sweet. God bless their union. I love the concept.

53. Kify

May 10, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Very sweet indeed, may ur days together be filled with so much luv and surprises. See ladies, there’s still hope for 9ja mehn abi……..

54. Janet

May 10, 2013 at 2:21 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so lovely..i can’t wait mine

Janetfashionsvloset.blogspot.com

55. Janet

May 10, 2013 at 2:21 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so lovely..i can’t wait mine

Janetfashionscloset.blogspot.com

56. London's finest

May 10, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Bellanaija. I’m still waiting for you to approve my comment. That’s my first comment ever on this blog and I will be really disappointed if you do not approve/post it.

I have not said anything insulting. Thanks.

57. Mimz

May 10, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Awww nice… he went all out!!!

58. fact

May 10, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Moral Lesson – Single ladies start going for naming ceremony.

• Uche

May 10, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Single guys too! Why is it always about women? Like men don’t need to find suitable partners as well. SINGLE EVERYONE abeg.

59. Yve

May 10, 2013 at 4:45 pm

awww…. *sniff*

60. The Fairy GodSister

May 10, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Awwww!!!!! Loved it!! Need to post this to Twitter so that Le Boo will be guided accordingly!!!

• Iphie

June 15, 2013 at 8:57 am

Lol! Nice strategy! The proposal is the best I’ve see in Nigeria so far. I want an outdoor proposal as well. Beach would be awesome too.

61. FLAKKYJOJO

May 10, 2013 at 5:39 pm

that was lovely……………crying……..crying………crying

62. Teablinks

May 10, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Awww.. May God Bless their Union, I look forward to mine.. AMEN

63. helynmavidaloca

May 11, 2013 at 12:12 am

awwwwww dt was soo sweet.now i knw aw i felt wen my fiance proposed to me at his best friends wedding while mking the toast.it was waooo, i died of shyness n i couldnt stop shaking. it was a moment of life,co we kinda stole d show.hahahaha.nigerian guys r bcoming romantic these days.congrats girl and God bless ur union.Amen

64. OmoBabaLoke

May 13, 2013 at 7:39 am

Aww, so cute…the best proposal I have ever seen #sniffing
    God bless your engagement n ur home

65. london's finest

May 13, 2013 at 9:35 am

awwww. bella naija. you posted my comment. MWUAH ! i loff you guys now. **wink wink**

OLANNMA, quit brooding. anytime you get the funny thots about not having the proposal of your dreams, all you have to do is look at the rock on your finger and SMILE. of all the women in this world, he chose YOU. what else could top that ?

@AYOTUNDE AND ADEWUNMI
    congrats on your proposal. here’s wishing you all the best with the wedding plans.

66. phunnmi

May 13, 2013 at 5:18 pm

awwwwwwwwwww!!!, this is so lovely, congrats to you both

67. Nago

May 13, 2013 at 9:42 pm

OMG!!!! this proposal is definitely a tearjerker! i pray such comes from the One for me. i’ve had proposals bt they come from my dearly beloved clueless igbo men dat believe if they meet my people, have a talk, then its a done deal. thankfully its easier to say no to such. dont get me wrong, i dont say no cos of the style of proposals, its just really more about the xter. anyways, in which ever manner d God sent HIM pops d question, i’ll definitely be accepting.

68. phebe

May 15, 2013 at 3:20 pm

OMG this is great i love this
    congrats Ayotunde and Adewunmi

69. Kachi

May 16, 2013 at 5:40 pm

This so soooo sweet; see the way she held him sooo tight like she would never let him go. I got all my toes curled backwards watching this! It was sooo moving- i was sitting on the bed while reading but was “holding my Lappy tight and sitting in semi-foetus position on the floor- after watching! I pray for true thoughtful love for me and my Single counterparts out there- Amen.(“stumbling while uncurling mysef!”)

70. ebony87

May 17, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I cried…….I really did.Feels good to know that love still exists.All the best lovebirds.

71. Rullies

May 20, 2013 at 12:55 am

OMG this is so sweet!

72. @ts_tiana

May 20, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Awww. goosebumps and chills and all. The guy put in so much work. A reflection of how much the girl means to him. This is worthy of commendation any day. I love love. 🙂

73. lalaska

May 26, 2013 at 6:29 pm

tight. nice concept…

74. dekky

June 9, 2013 at 11:05 pm

omg i feel like crying

75. nneka

July 1, 2013 at 4:11 pm

one word……………………………….ROMANTIC. Congrats guys, wishing ur union Gods favor.

76. Nollywood REinvented

July 1, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Awwwww btw is that man behind her telling him waka? lol

77. cutiesleem

August 5, 2013 at 12:52 am

Awww ow romantic……my class gov am impressed……blissful marriage

• Dottie

September 10, 2013 at 11:12 pm

I know you Sleem… Thanks a lot

78. Barbie

March 14, 2014 at 9:37 am

Lovely lovely lovely I love this people and God bless that guy