News

Will the Real Patriotic Nigerian Stand Up? Find Out How Many Nigerians Can Actually Recite the National Pledge | Watch the Battabox Video

Nigerians, how many of you can recite your national pledge? What does it mean to recite the pledge? How many of us know the essence of the pledge?

The guys at Battabox head out to the street to find out how many people can recite the pledge.

Watch the video here and tell us if YOU can adequately recite the national pledge!

1. Princess

June 27, 2013 at 11:06 am

Presenters accent is soo wrong…Pple re suffering and busy surviving. Tht our useless and meaningless anthem & pledge is d least on pples mind. Goask our leaders if they can recite it. Hisses.com

• opeshi

June 27, 2013 at 2:02 pm

my friend this are thins we Nigerians need so we know where we are and where we are going….

2. Princess

June 27, 2013 at 11:09 am

Nigerians and their american fake accent… Just talk normal peeps!!

• wales

June 27, 2013 at 12:39 pm

which Nigerian there sounded like an American. If you think anybody there sounded American, then you don’t know what American accent is.

• Tiki

June 27, 2013 at 1:28 pm

don’t mind them. People who have never heard an American speak will call someone’s Sudanese accent ‘American’.

3. EfKay

June 27, 2013 at 11:29 am

Err… which accent again o? I was even going to commend Battabox for using very down to earth presenters that the bulk of Nigerians can relate to. I had a good laugh at the video. Recently, I found that I couldn’t say the pledge correctly without closing my eyes. Shame on me shey? I think in many ways, remembering the pledge is like remebering all the lyrics of one’s secondary school anthem. It’s one of the things you never again have to recite after secondary school so it’s no surprise that people can’t really remember.

4. Grace

June 27, 2013 at 11:45 am

We cant recite or remember the pledge because we dont mean whatever is said. I cant possibly remember when last i recited the pledge. Can the president recite it let alone those useless policians*straightface*I dont even care about the pledge sef.

5. Partyrider

June 27, 2013 at 12:04 pm

You people calling the pledge (and anthem) useless and meaningless are part of the problem with the country…the irony.

6. Mz Socially Awkward...

June 27, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I pledge to Nigeria my country
    To be faithful, loyal and honest
    To serve Nigeria with all my heart
    To defend her unity
    And uphold her honor and Glory
    So help me God.

That all came back to me almost mechanically, even though I haven’t said the pledge in more than a decade. The real question is how well I’ve kept my pledge…

• Ada Nnewi

June 27, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Great Attempt!..You missed a word though..The third line should be ” To serve Nigeria with all my strength”

• Mz Socially Awkward...

June 28, 2013 at 2:17 pm

See? I’ve been saying it wrong probably all of my adult life… haha!

• zsa zsa

June 27, 2013 at 3:19 pm

thought it was ‘to serve Nigeria with all my strength”….anyways it been at least 15 yrs for me

• Msunderstood

June 27, 2013 at 3:20 pm

With all my strength.

7. b

June 27, 2013 at 2:49 pm

lol

8. Priddyboy

June 28, 2013 at 1:27 am

from 8.30 he spoke to the truth!!!