News

Fashion Forward Children! View TiannahStyling’s New Collection for Kids

Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (35)

It has been a while since we have had a cute children’s collection on the BN Style page, and we are excited to see what you think about the Elegante by Tiannahstyling kids line – “Elegante Kidz”. Creating something fun, fresh and creative for the young fashionistas, creative director of Tiannahstyling Toyin Lawani, decided to create the junior version of her design label.

From school plays to concerts and daily wear to party clothes, the collection is said to be perfect for contemporary kids in any activity they engage in. The collection is made with leather, silk, lace, different prints and a Tiannahstyling favourite, polka dots.

According to Toyin “Nigeria is lacking in fashion-forward childrenswear and this is what led to the inception of the label ‘Elegante Kidz’“. The label also believes the collection is so wide and versatile, that it has something for every little one.

View the Collection.

Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (3) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (4) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (2) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (1) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (10) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (9) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (14) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (16) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (12) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (13) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (19) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (20) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (21) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (22) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (23) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (24) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (25) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (26) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (27) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (29) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (30)Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (7) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (8) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (31) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (32) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (33) Elegant Kids by Tiannah Styling - BellaNaija - July 2013 (34)

Photo Credit:
Photography: Reze Bonna
Models: Tiannah and Louis

1. julit

July 5, 2013 at 12:02 pm

horrible!!! kids should be allowed to be kids biko

• Aduke

July 5, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Simple!!!!

• Angel

July 8, 2013 at 8:24 am

i wonder, wat kind of fierce luking cloths is this? mtchewww

• Lola

July 8, 2013 at 8:56 am

Is it for Halloween abi kini? I don’t understand this at all.

2. Paula

July 5, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Adorable!!

3. Idak

July 5, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Hmmmm……odi kwa egwu o!

• jcsgrl

July 5, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Hmnn nne ehn…no words! no words at all. Fashion forward indeed

4. Retrochic

July 5, 2013 at 12:12 pm

no way, some of them just look too mature for kids, a few were ok, but the rest a No, No

5. errrr *scratching head*

July 5, 2013 at 12:12 pm

So if your kids start out wearing this, what will they wear when they are older?

6. posh

July 5, 2013 at 12:13 pm

No my kids wouldn’t wear that

7. MDE

July 5, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Don’t want my kids looking like grown ups ….i want them looking just like who they are @ d time! kids!

• Teddy Bear

July 5, 2013 at 3:52 pm

BellaNaija should create an “agree” or “disagree” button. A big “NO” to this collection.

• Bella

July 8, 2013 at 10:10 am

Yes BN please do LIKE OR DISLIKE button. Some peices are just a little bit too mature but some are cute – fact is our kids are forced t o grow up now, so we can only protect them to a point but i dont think id like most of the outfits on kids, theyare good on teensagers like maybe say 12-15, not younger abi?

• Aba

July 8, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I agree please create “Like or Dislike”….. then I would have the opportunity to click “Dislike”

8. 5'5

July 5, 2013 at 12:17 pm

The kids are fierce and give character to the pieces.

9. BUKKY

July 5, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I THINK DEY AINT BAAD,HALIZ ITS A GREAT TIN SHE CAME WITH D IDEA OF STYLING D KIDS AS WELL.BUT I THINK ITS TOO LOUD FOR KIDS TO ROCK.LIKE ME I WLDNT LET MY KIDS BE SEEN IN DIS KIND OF CLOTHING XCEPT D POLKA DOT GOWN MAYB.THEY LOOK TOO MATURED N WILD.

• Idak

July 5, 2013 at 2:56 pm

stop shouting,pls.

• Adukeologe

July 5, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Hahahaha. Joker!

• HoneyFromGH

July 8, 2013 at 8:30 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAAAA Idak guuurrl/booooy ur a FOOOOOL. this comment is tooo hilaaarious

10. Nma

July 5, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Tufiakwa! What is this?

11. slim

July 5, 2013 at 12:22 pm

They are too cute I can’t cope

12. MommaFab

July 5, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Wtf is all this?! Now WHY would I want my kids running
    around looking like miniature miscreants?

• miss kristaal

July 5, 2013 at 11:48 pm

lol…you couldn’t have said it better

13. Amaka

July 5, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Nice collection! But they are just kids let them grow up in their own time!

14. tayo

July 5, 2013 at 12:32 pm

This is way tooooo much for kids!

15. Dimpled freak

July 5, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Urrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmm!!!

16. nana

July 5, 2013 at 12:38 pm

this is runway stuff not everyday clothing. who is finna wear this tho?

17. darry

July 5, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Lovely styles…

plushstyles.blogspot.co.uk/

18. Peggyz Place

July 5, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Its a very dark collection

19. Bimpe

July 5, 2013 at 12:40 pm

NONESENSE

20. seno

July 5, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Pls dis kids look too grown,kids shld b kids. D looks r aweful

21. Toke's accent

July 5, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Do adults go about looking scary like this, that children should now start. The clothes and styling are way too western and edgy. When thinking of selling anything for kids, u need to ask what the parents would like to buy for their kids. I’m sorry to say this, but those kids don’t look like what children should….happy, fun, young and playful. They look wrong in so many ways, and the little girl’s makeup is soo off an unappealing.

22. Chikaka

July 5, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Ha! Ha!! That’s all.

23. Miranda

July 5, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Lmao,this tiannah babe won’t rest! Take several seats and work on your finishing and fabric choice! Lmao

• Sam

July 5, 2013 at 8:30 pm

I concur!

24. Yup

July 5, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Wooooooww I love,too adorable..I need that blue dress in my life mehn,no adult size ?… Weldone Tiannah !

25. Precious

July 5, 2013 at 12:52 pm

This is child abuse.

• i no send

July 5, 2013 at 1:36 pm

LOOOOOOOL

• jane

July 5, 2013 at 2:54 pm

lmao! that is the brief way of saying it mehn..tiannah no try AT ALL even white ppl no go fit let their children leave deir house not to talk of NAIJA parents…na HALLOWEEEN COSTUME?

• ese

July 5, 2013 at 8:51 pm

these clothes actually look haloween costumes,she’s just clueless.smh

• Lily

July 5, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Look like Halloween costumes

• nene

July 5, 2013 at 5:09 pm

LOL I haff die

• Hot sumtyn

July 6, 2013 at 8:35 am

LMAO!!! Perfect comment!

• Tm

July 8, 2013 at 11:20 am

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly! Child Abuse!

26. FB

July 5, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Miisssss! Fail!

27. DREAL

July 5, 2013 at 12:54 pm

As in!! NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! Not on our life…SORRY! ITS A MISS!

28. Yells

July 5, 2013 at 12:56 pm

So if they dress this way, they are not growing up in their own time huh or their parents are not letting them to be kids huh ??? This is just abt right for kids, stylish but not heavy or too much, just because It is not a plain tshirt and jeans doesn’t make it not kid friendly… Even with the way the designs are made, you can clearly see she took the time out in considering they are kids !

• Ready

July 5, 2013 at 3:41 pm

But how is this not too much? I like the button down shirts (if they’re remade with good finishing in mind), kids don’t have to wear boring shirts. But look at that white dress with black cut outs for instance…she has the cutouts placed directly over the child’s boobs, harem pants for a small girl, then the wolves and crap…maybe I’m being paranoid, but I can’t be the only one who’s concerned. Even Twilight with its watered down vampires is PG13. Also, the tailor no try…quality is bad.
      And no, this is not about hating. It’s called feedback. That’s what a comment section is for.

• hot mama

July 5, 2013 at 5:57 pm

my dear ure not the only one ooo!!tht makes two of us walai

• Esther

July 7, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Really?

29. Precious

July 5, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I’m disappointed reze bonna took this pictures by the way. Money should not make you shoot this hideous cloths

30. Bling

July 5, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Damn, this tailors ehn, they wont kill me. Bad stitching.

31. comment awaiting moderation

July 5, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I have a cute little baby,I wish she could model too…awwwwww

32. FOB

July 5, 2013 at 1:10 pm

God forbid i allow my child wear any of that stuff…..what with t shirts with wolves and vampires and akward incriptions…biko barbie and hello kitty cloth neva finish for market

• jane

July 5, 2013 at 5:56 pm

LMAO!!! omg comments section on bella is spot on!

33. tope

July 5, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Horrible!
    What mother would let her child dress in these?
    One even has “AWKWARD” printed on it!
    And we are wondering why children are being abused?? Na wa o

34. DocDeola

July 5, 2013 at 1:11 pm

lol…..Jada Pinkett’s kids will be interested…lol..as in I’m all for kids expressing themselves, but they should creatively do this, and could perhaps come to the same conclusion as the designer……with less money spent and a birthday present of a SINGER machine???!!!

• i no send

July 5, 2013 at 1:39 pm

My thoughts exactly..i guess its fashion forward…but if i buy this for my daughter she will cry

35. new bride

July 5, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I should be arrested and jailed if I ever dress my child like this!

36. teetee

July 5, 2013 at 1:13 pm

I like..if you noticed,they wrote fashion forward kids,so definitely its not for every kid.

• hmm

July 5, 2013 at 3:01 pm

• hmm

July 5, 2013 at 3:07 pm

LOL im sorry there is no such thing as fashion forward Kid….its mostly the parents that dress the Kid….or would a kid go shopping themselves?…most kids that age just want to have fun and chill…some might play dress up with mum or big sis clothing but not to the extent of being fashion conscious..

• deep

July 5, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I’m not a fan of most of the clothes but I cannot settle with your lame comment, “there are no fashion forwards kids”… Just because u were raised in a society/home where as a child your opinion was a non-factor and only adults could make decisions on ur behalf, DOES NOT mean that the whole world is like that. I know MANY fashion forward children who wear what they like and mom and dad don’t force them into Vietnamese fashion clothes on Sunday. They choose what they’re gonna wear and do so WELL. They would even look at these Tiannah Styling kids and choose what they prefer and discard the ones they deem inappropriate for them. The world is bigger than ur tiny 1/7,000,000,000 oyster.

• hmm

July 6, 2013 at 12:34 pm

@deep oh my ..please where did you see in my comment that kids dont have a choice?…to the extent of even determining my background or upbringing?….there is a difference between a kid choosing an outfit/what they like and that of being fashion concsious/forward….as a kid you can choose what you like but a parent usually has the final say if they feel it is not appropriate unlike if you are an adult….would you let your kid out in a crop top and bum shorts because they are fashion conscious?..even when a child has the choice to pick an outfit isnt it usually the parents that show the child the catalog and pay for the outfit?..some of the kids that dress fashionably is usually because the parents are fashion lovers and buy the stuff for the kids….if at age 0-9 your kid is fashion conscious instead of having fun, that doesnt mean they should dress terribly then hmm……….there is time for all that at teenage years…so yes kids can make choices but i dont see a kid worried about fashion when disney channel is on…

37. Chy

July 5, 2013 at 1:13 pm

My daughter should look like a princess and not this…very horrible collection

38. jay

July 5, 2013 at 1:19 pm

just ok,but come on for a kid,too much,just let the kids be kids

39. hmm

July 5, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I dont know o…….

40. Oyin

July 5, 2013 at 1:21 pm

O ga o!!

41. Amazeballs!

July 5, 2013 at 1:27 pm

OH PLEASE!!!!! kids model everywhere around the world, abi is it adults that would model kids clothes again ni?! Lets hear word biko. Meanwhile the girl with the mohawk is modelling her ass of men, love it!

42. ada's pride

July 5, 2013 at 1:27 pm

First of all Dear Miss/Mrs Tiannah, let me commend you for having the initiative on children’s clothing. However, some of the DRESSES especially are cute, while the pants and hideous looking whatever shirts and tops, are something else. I do not understand if you are encouraging young lads, to begin dressing like Charly boy and Lil wayne (rascalism) at this young age? I would NEVER allow or even buy such clothes for my Children, because they are INAPPROPRIATE! Fashion forward or sideways I don’t want to know. This is my personal 2 cents

43. Weather

July 5, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Love Julits comment! Too heavy for kids. Kai! Plus the style on d 6th model….the design can cause an adult to have nightmares not to talk of kids. Great idea, but pls tone down a bit.

44. pearl8O

July 5, 2013 at 1:31 pm

the first pic n some others just aint right…whats with the black lipstick (eeeeew) on a kid, baring of legs, n the long blue dress or whatever it is,with the hoodie…too grown up for a kid, imho. the rest? some are ok,some are fashion forward,some are real nice….

45. Thema

July 5, 2013 at 1:43 pm

You people can never appreciate good things in your life this is an option of different kinds of ways a kid can dress and she wrote it there for acting and daily dressing una no dey read abi and I really love it’s very creative for kids and indeed fashion forward my kidz will b rocking this anytime anyday well done Tiannah you are the best out of that Nigeria all of them sit face one road keep doing your thing and stop for no one

• Idak

July 5, 2013 at 2:58 pm

so not appreciating this collection = not appreciating good things in our lives?
      Your train of thought is very suspect. you need to stop getting worked up over the opinions of faceless persons on the www.

• Pd

July 6, 2013 at 6:04 am

Dress ur kids in dis n c oda children running away from them when they are approaching ……me sef go run! #jada&will smith

46. Kunle

July 5, 2013 at 1:44 pm

That is Toyin lawanis daughter Tiannah herself Han Han swag baby …well she got it from her mama

47. meme.

July 5, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I can c d creative side of the collection but I can’t c any child dressed up like dis except for The Smith kids

48. am married.

July 5, 2013 at 2:00 pm

so tacky……………

49. Bimpe

July 5, 2013 at 2:14 pm

omg, i can not believe this….my children can not be wearing the same trends or outfits as me! yuck, kids should be kids, and dress there age, a few of the outfits might pass but come on!! This is disgraceful! There is a way of creating children’s clothes that are slightly trendy but still suitable for children. She has missed this one by a mile!

50. Vee

July 5, 2013 at 2:19 pm

aww cute

51. Hephzibah

July 5, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I can only imagine what she was thinking.

52. Omo1

July 5, 2013 at 2:38 pm

What is this?! What are these styles inspired by?! Then when our kids grow up to become nuisance we’ll be wondering where the problem is coming from. I agree with Julit & Amaka, kids should be allowed to be kids!

53. Laide

July 5, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Ok no thank u

54. oose

July 5, 2013 at 3:03 pm

right!!!!!!! thats alll >>>>> seriously ????

55. Robos

July 5, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Def for fashion forward kids, not my kids…that dragon tshirt is scary wow!! Anyways each to theirs, call me old school I cant even buy a bad boy tshirt for my son. So these are way off my league. Enjoy Toyin, more grease to your elbow!!

56. xarax

July 5, 2013 at 3:31 pm

i think the leopard skin,polka-dot and the pink-hood dress are still okay.but no no no to the concept

57. Ready

July 5, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Olorun gba mi o! What the deuce?! What? No. No no no. Kids are supposed to wear this? Let me calm down and try to quell the initial outrage. I like the polka dot dress…I can stand the animal print flared dress, but beyond that? WE NEED A CHILD SERVICES IN NIGERIA FOR WHATEVER PARENT LETS HIS/HER CHILD WEAR THIS! I think I’m an open-minded person…but this? This needs to be nipped in the bud! Who wants to see little kids walking around looking like Dracula and wack ass Tyga and 2chainz and co? This isn’t fashion forward o, Toyin! Poor decision making went into this…and I’m really trying not to delve into personal reasons why she might think this is cool.

58. Funmi

July 5, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Toooooo much, cant allow my baby girl wear some of this. kilode habaaaa, choi

59. Clo

July 5, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Everybody said it already (thumbs up) That Tiannah styler girl is so bringing every aspect of the American world to Africa, She adopting too many of their lifestyles. No those are not for kids, except for some of the dresses. No kid should be no fashion forward, it should be all about school, fun, games and the simple things growing up. Leave that thing to Willow & Jaden, their parents know what they are portraying, we don’t want all parts of the world to change in such way. “Ano Everybody style fit”. U and and ur “boyfriend” can wear them all, but let African kids be kids.

• deep

July 5, 2013 at 9:46 pm

You’re so low for bringing her personal relationship into this.

60. kemio

July 5, 2013 at 4:12 pm

is lipstick now part of children accessories?

61. Ms. Jayee

July 5, 2013 at 4:26 pm

As Halloween customers this is PERFECT!

• Pd

July 6, 2013 at 6:06 am

You are so right! Its scary!

62. anonymous

July 5, 2013 at 4:30 pm

i am a fashion forward person but this is just too much, i want my kids to wear clothes that will make people say how cute they look and not say WTF behind my back. The leopard and polka dots print flare dress are Ok…

63. Eve

July 5, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Awful…the kids look like something the cat dragged in!!! Awful

64. Sunshine

July 5, 2013 at 4:38 pm

She gets an E for effort, as i never knock down anyone’s hustle, but this collection is not something most parents would choose to see their children dressed in, even in first world countries. The goth look might work for music videos, fashion magazine spreads, or even some adventurous individuals, but not for everyone, and most definitely not for kids. Good luck with your career though, as you seem like a promising designer.

65. tybay

July 5, 2013 at 5:25 pm

These clothes are way too “adult-ish” Jor. What’s behind the gothic inspired outfits? My daughter won’t be caught dead wearing any of these as long as I have a say…

66. bkoks

July 5, 2013 at 5:41 pm

No Way My 5 and 8 year old Daughters are dressing like that. NO WAY, they are going to wear the aunty give me cake. Abeg leave all that for WILLOW SMITH. Edakun let kids be kids

67. Aidish

July 5, 2013 at 6:11 pm

NEVER!!!

68. Ayomipo Oladapo

July 5, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I love&my kids will rock this 10 times ova. It’s nt for everyday, BT once in a month thing. Pple talking about makeup, just view it as a regular fashion show where u pick just the top& not bother about the skirt or trouser a model is pairing. So the makeup is just for photographs.

• jinkelele

July 6, 2013 at 12:23 pm

yeah right…kindly let us know the photoshoots that have models wearing black lipstick? very few and mostly GOTH and always ADULTS.

69. Aduke

July 5, 2013 at 7:26 pm

What the flipping hell is this????!!!!! KIDS????? No way and never!!! Soo wrong n HORRIBLE!

LET KIDS BE KIDS as they are!!!!!!!!!!! Jeez!

70. FRIED RICE

July 5, 2013 at 7:45 pm

excuse me! but my child would not be wearing this nonsense! looking like what God does not approve of! the only thing is the polkadot skirt and dress! but the rest is out of control

71. Weddingfan

July 5, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Disaster!!

72. Sam

July 5, 2013 at 8:46 pm

This lady over accessorise too much, you would think she would tone it down because they are kids, but who are you kidding! The worst is when she styles male celebrities, has them steady looking like drag queens. She seems to forget that minimalism is a big trend this year. Even Givenchy/Rick Owens & the likes of them that seems to be her only inspiration still keep the minimalist effect.

73. Aibee

July 5, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Sigh! I can see Wizkid, Jaden and Willow Smith dressed in this. But no child born of my loins will ever dress like this.

74. Styleatl

July 5, 2013 at 9:54 pm

And they must be halloween costumes!!what da heck! must they even wear sunglasses..horrible adult one’s for that matter..total crap pls.

75. Namam

July 5, 2013 at 10:25 pm

This is not to condemn her work but I can’t see my children in any of these clothes. I don’t care for the styles or the materials used. They just look stuffy. Maybe I am not “fashion-forward” but it is what it is. Our tastes are different, I guess.

76. Couture By Makioba

July 5, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Creepy… As creepy as dat animal control lady in Madagascar 3…

• i no send

July 6, 2013 at 11:01 pm

lol…madame beauvier..very funny

77. Temi

July 6, 2013 at 12:45 am

This Is Dope…Good Job Tianna
    ..though my kids shall NEVER be caught rocking them.Cos kids wanna run around in d mud-this a bit-Let Kids Be Kids
    but am sure some parents would not mind

78. whatta caca is this?

July 6, 2013 at 2:23 am

Most of the comments here have rightfully addressed how horrible most of these clothes are for children. But what concerns me the most is the sexualization of this young girl. How can anybody in their right mind make clothes for a girl child (not even a teenager) with indication of where her breasts are and her genitals for that matter. Am talking about the white and black shirt with gold chain. { http://www.bellanaija.com/2013/07/05/fashion-forward-children-view-tiannahstylings-new-collection-for-kids/elegant-kids-by-tiannah-styling-bellanaija-july-2013-7/ }

That’s in addition to the harem pants. After we will be crying that our young babies are being raped and molested. And that God should punish those men committing all these evil act. Some of the clothes here are evil acts themselves. Am a new mom with a 9 month old baby girl. All these “God punish these men for raping and molesting young girls” did not have full effect until after I had my baby, so I guess am having a very strong and maybe unusual reaction to the lady and her yeye group of cloths. But we need to be careful what we put out for people to consume and parents need to be careful what they put on their kids. Am not say dress your kids in cloths that swallow them. I understand fashion and style and I myself is a very stylish young woman but then again am an adult.

Sorry if I went off tangent just had to say my piece.

79. mujer casada

July 6, 2013 at 2:58 am

sorry. this aint about religion. the designs are totally comic in a hideous way. A child wearing this is bound to be singled out for ridicule.

80. Oaken

July 6, 2013 at 3:31 am

Oshiiiii ok daa ni ile pako sha….mscheewwwwww

81. Fred

July 6, 2013 at 4:15 am

I LOVE. It toyin please go to America they will rush your clothes leave these dead Nigerians

• nice but..

July 6, 2013 at 6:53 am

Dead Nigerians? Lack of sophistication in your words Fred.

82. Titi

July 6, 2013 at 4:18 am

Yes I agree it’s not for every kids but its very creative and can be used for many costumes and stuff and like the way she put some play looks and mixed it up so at least she put some day looks for the kids …I really will buy some of these for my kids

83. Queennie

July 6, 2013 at 4:19 am

What’s the noise about here toyin lawani you’re just one person out of this world I love your designs kip grinding mind no haters

• FB

July 6, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Fred, Queennie, Titi, Kunle, Thelma! I’ve got to say Toyin or her Hugest fan! We know its one person

• laide

July 6, 2013 at 10:10 pm

ah kilode…u dont need different names to make ur opinion known na..or better still use different devices, so ur avatar wont b the same. That way u can give tiannah ur ultimate support!

• Aduke

July 7, 2013 at 5:50 am

Thema, Kunle, Fred, Titi, & Queennie= Same person! Most likely Toyin Lawani! Stop it already cos ur avatar has given u out! Lol

• hot mama

July 8, 2013 at 9:17 am

rotflmao….NABBED!!!…desperate much

84. nice but..

July 6, 2013 at 6:48 am

Very gothic I’d say. And the black lipstick on the girl is not exactly very cute either. but for a costume party… nice outfits

85. Hot sumtyn

July 6, 2013 at 8:33 am

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! what is this please?

86. Frida

July 6, 2013 at 11:28 am

I saw the headline and only came in for the comments. Choi! Una try.

87. bimpe

July 6, 2013 at 11:46 am

Hello Toyin. I know you are a creative person but some things are not appropriate for children. Will they be comfortable with leather or vinyl in our tropical climate? The polka dot ensemble is nice but some of the other clothes look like clothes for adults. You designs will work well for costume parties and may be some music videos but it will be great if we allow children to be children as they are already growing so fast.

88. Babyface

July 6, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Toyin stop commenting and praising yourself here under anonymous .
    These outfits are whack and horrible .

89. Omo

July 6, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Nope

90. K

July 6, 2013 at 8:50 pm

All I can picture is children sweating profusely in these outfits

91. tbn

July 6, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Abeg I cant see my kids wearing these! #throwsup*

92. cindy

July 6, 2013 at 10:03 pm

allow children to be children. don’t abuse dem in the name of clothing. btw im a fashion forward person. it very disturbing to see dat lil gal wearing dt lip color. lip gloss would hv been great or a lipstick that is nude would be beta. stop trying to use riri wardrobe for kids bcos riri n kanye west are adult.

93. xo

July 7, 2013 at 7:16 am

sorry o. but those of you that are saying the collection is wonderful.. do you have children ? im just wondering sha.. dont insult me.. My son will be fashion forward but he will not be mayd in that slave video

94. As myself

July 7, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Lol @ d comments. Can’t c my son wearing anything in this collection. And if I saw my child wearing it I would be worried.

95. Jazz Queen

July 7, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Toyin, when next you travel out, just take a stroll to primarks display window & see the pictures of the kids modelling their clothes. You’ll get a better idea of the kind of clothes and looks parents want their kids to portray. Until then quietly burn these ones

96. Concerned mother

July 7, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Awful. What is the world turning to. I would never allow my kids to wear clothes like this. This is child abuse. The innocence of kids should be protected.

97. mama baby jake

July 7, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I’m most certain that all those that loved the dresses do not have children! I’m soooo not going to let my children have such creepy wears in the name of fashion. Abeg jump and pass! Especially the one with the two demons staring down at themselves!

98. Omo1

July 8, 2013 at 10:20 am

@deep..please slow down!! Like seriously seriously..was all that venting really necessary? Your words…”Just because u were raised in a society/home where as a child your opinion was a non-factor and only adults could make decisions on ur behalf, DOES NOT mean that the whole world is like that”… “The world is bigger than ur tiny 1/7,000,000,000 oyster”..The way some of us talk eh..

99. Tm

July 8, 2013 at 11:19 am

If my big sister ever buys these for my nephews & niece, I will personally take her to Yaba left for her to be checked out. Toyin, please perfect your choice of fabric & tailoring very well before branching to kids’ design. I like the polka dot dress but the rest, I will not even use them as rags. @deep, take it easy my dear, don’t have high BP because of another person’s design.

100. http://Janetfashinandstyles.blogspot.com

July 8, 2013 at 11:28 am

i need for my cute girl

101. Pamper Me

July 8, 2013 at 11:39 am

I wake up every morning praying my unborn children shouldnt turn out like Denrele (his fashion)….With this kids new Fashion- this is ‘the making of your kids to be Denrele’ **sad face** I’ll hold on on childbirth till this fashion craze goes…**smiles**

102. ALEXA

July 8, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Very creepy fashions/styles. Would never dress my angels in these

103. julieta

July 8, 2013 at 3:57 pm

This is just too much for a kid, kindly do d necessary corrections and come back with something more Godly and simple.

104. tina

July 9, 2013 at 5:36 pm

the dresses are cool. The fair kid is a boy and the dark a girl… the style on the male kid fits children from gay families… the male outfit is sooo gay .. in almost every thing is way too edgy

105. david

July 17, 2013 at 3:17 am

Really cool article, highly useful and creatively-written..Good Job

106. silmenthomas

September 3, 2013 at 11:46 am

It’s really an awesome collection of latest and trendy kids clothes. All dresses are designed very well and gives superb look to kids. Such type of clothes are so adorable for kids to wear.