News

Toke Makinwa’s City People Entertainment Awards Style: Which is Your Favourite Look?

Was Toke thrice the charm?

Yesterday Sunday 14th July 2013, Nigerian media personality Toke Makinwa hosted the 2013 edition of the City People Entertainment Awards at the Haven Event Centre, Ikeja, Lagos.

Toke flaunted her style in 3 looks. Check them out and let us know your favourite.

Look 1
Toke Makinwa's City People Entertainment Awards Style -  Which is Your Favourite Look - July 2013 - BellaNaija01

Toke opted for a Grecian-inspired number, for her first look yesterday evening.

She styled the floor length grey dress which was embellished with sequins on the bodice and waist, with silver drop earrings and a silver bracelet. A sleek up do, smoky eyes and dark purple lipstick completed the look.

Look 2 – Trish .O. Couture
Toke Makinwa's City People Entertainment Awards Style -  Which is Your Favourite Look - July 2013 - BellaNaija02

For her second look, she chose a dramatic black gown, which features lace detailing and an alluring train, by Nigerian design label Trish .O. Couture.

Styling her ombre locks into an elegant chignon, she accessorized with a pair of gold drop earrings. A bold red lipstick completed the red carpet diva look.

Toke Makinwa's City People Entertainment Awards Style -  Which is Your Favourite Look - July 2013 - BellaNaija03

Look 3 – French Connection
Toke Makinwa's City People Entertainment Awards Style -  Which is Your Favourite Look - July 2013 - BellaNaija04

For her final look, Toke was all about accentuating her figure. She chose a grey bandage dress by high street brand French Connection.

Choosing to let her wavy locks down, the look was finished with highlighted eyebrows, smoky eyes and nude lipstick.

I like look 2 but I think I’ll go for look 3, the styling looks simple and effortless. Which is your favourite look?

Keep refreshing BellaNaija.com for all the photos and full list of  winners.

Photo Credit: Toke Makinwa’s Instagram Page

1. jinkelele

July 15, 2013 at 10:21 am

pls show mercy’s dress. about toke’s looks – none . i just like the chignon
    So her braids lasted like two weeks(since BN shows her every wk, i suspect you know we would notice) that’s a lot of pressure on her own hair chai

2. bella

July 15, 2013 at 10:23 am

i dont really knw sha,of all d celebs things on bella naija,ve never bin toke s fan,dnt knw why.i dnt hate her ooo,but i dnt really feel her………..,dnt knw y

3. pynk

July 15, 2013 at 10:30 am

Bella needs a none option in the voting. If any did something for her, it would be the black dress.

• bella

July 15, 2013 at 10:55 am

@pynk…lolz,may be,like u said d black dress is ok.is d dress o not d person wearing it oooooooo

4. ay

July 15, 2013 at 10:39 am

Look two is just it for me, but why is she on 3 different outfits did she host or presented an award?

• Lucylink

July 15, 2013 at 10:51 am

It is clearly stated above that she hosted the show.

5. Andre

July 15, 2013 at 10:57 am

That second dress isnt doing toke’s mid-section any justice atall. It just looks like a hot mess thanks to the big fabric in the middle. In my opinnion i think it wud have looked better with a smaller size fabric or better still a ting gold belt.

6. Mz Socially Awkward...

July 15, 2013 at 11:03 am

I think all the looks are hot.

7. Tiki

July 15, 2013 at 11:07 am

I think she looks lovely in all three. Look 1 could be any Hollywood or Cannes-related award show, it looks that nice! Look 2 is average Naija babe ‘dressed-up-for-a-do’ event. Not my best. Look 3 is ‘I’m-sexy-and-I’m-not-afraid-to-own-it’ chic…Yup. I think overall she was on point!

8. Wunmi

July 15, 2013 at 11:07 am

I don’t really gbadun dis bella Naija anymore.why Toke out of all d pple dat attended d event?does Toke make ur page views higher or wat?if its not Toke’s clog,it is her insta pics,what is it?is bella Naija tripping over nothing?for heavens sake she is just an ordinary girl dat u pple just blow out of proportion.if she comes to a party in London or walks down d mall no body will even look at her twice?overhyped celebrities.I can’t deal with this anymore.as for d dress,for choosing sake I will go for num 2.hian.Toke is,Toke dat.I need a new and fresh blog that doesn’t do all these bullshit.if u like dont post this.atleast u read it.

• bella

July 15, 2013 at 11:30 am

gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!, dats lobatan!!!!!!!!!!!

• MT

July 15, 2013 at 11:37 am

You don’t like reading about toke but you keep clicking to read toke related posts? Check your own self and quit blaming BN. FYI this is not the only post on this blog and I’m sure Bella follows their statistics… They know their most clicked/read posts and least read posts so yes they probably do it for higher clicks. One mans meat is another’s poison.
      You can choose to stop the hypocrisy and drop out of the stats. Yes, hypocrisy because you keep claiming you can’t stand the girl but refuse to stop reading about her. You have a choice next time you see toke in the title you ignore it. You’re not blindfolded abeg.

• bella

July 15, 2013 at 12:31 pm

@MT,haba…..everybody is entitle to watever dey say mind u,as for dis is actually my first time of commenting on toke makinwa.its not a personal ting,like i said i dnt feel her…and wunmi rightly said as well,she s just dre,just girlie dats all.so plzz………….

• Laide

July 15, 2013 at 4:43 pm

To be honest…I don’t understand how u hate someone and u keep checking up on them…dats just disguised love! Lol

• Anonymous

July 16, 2013 at 2:26 pm

@laide . . . O ya mi lenu o

• ada's pride

July 15, 2013 at 11:51 am

@Wunmi dear, I don’t know several ways to just like this your comment. Personally, I remember when I got introduced to bella naija blog several years, I used to be so addicted to it, that even my mother who is not really into internet tingys and stuff noticed my high endearment. Back then every single time, you WILL definitely find some great posts from them. However Wunmi I can advise you follow Linda Ikeji’s blog( that’s if you haven’t already) really great blog. Also there Nonye’s blog and another fantastic blog called “In the midst of her” and such likes. To bella naija team, this is not a form of indictment to you guys or anything like that, but I think you People should leave the over and unnecessary hypes to Linda and Stella Dimokokorkus blogs, and promote and focus on your inspirational, weddings, and all those other great articles and posts you often do. Really really amazing stuff. Much love to you all

• lolette

July 15, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I think bella naija is much more well structured than lindaikeji blog, whose blog i find it filled with scanadlous news and nothing inspirational, IMO. but to each their own.

• Teargas

July 15, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Go and start your blog Biko and don’t include Toke!

• Sandra

July 15, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I read you comment and I just had to laugh. You asked the question : ‘does Toke make ur page views higher or wat?’ — I am pretty sure it does; and very weirdly you happen to be one of the folks that contribute to the views on a post about Toke. I have been following BN since they started and I think they do an amazing job of catering to the different individuals that come to their website. BN usually posts educational and inspirational write-ups but they hardly get any comments. Just today: BN posted an educational and inspirational write-up. Guess how many comments they have : 4. None of which are from you. If the educational posts were getting as much hit as the wedding or Toke post you think BN wouldn’t be posting a lot of them. If it’s a wedding post there will be 100 comments in 2hrs. You come here complaining when the few educational ones they post you don’t contribute to it. We all have choices and no forced or dragged your hand to click on a post that clearly has her name on it. It’s like getting a cable bundle with 15 channels. One of the channels shows raunchy stuff and I can’t make a change to the bundle. I have a choice to watch the other 14 channels in the bundle (ignoring the last one) or watch the raunchy one and complain about it. The day BN sees a decrease in views on a Toke post and an increase in educational posts: I guarantee you they will change their strategy. Until then keep increasing the views.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

July 15, 2013 at 9:28 pm

“Just today: BN posted an educational and inspirational write-up. Guess how many comments they have : 4. None of which are from you.”

Sandra, nwa nne m, you don talk am finish.

9. Wunmi

July 15, 2013 at 11:08 am

Vlog* I meant

10. Ady

July 15, 2013 at 11:27 am

Chic is resilient! Negative comments don’t mean jack to her! About the 2nd dress, I think the designer wanted a different approach to a dress like dt as regards the middle section..Dem dresses not bad at all!

11. Bey

July 15, 2013 at 12:07 pm

The only thing I don’t like about Toke is she like to wakawaka yea I know she hosted the show but she can do better by Staying off Red carpets a bit lol! Take a cue From Tommy Efe he’s a change guy

12. Faith Kel.

July 15, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Look 2!
    -www.faithkel.com

13. Ify

July 15, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Toke u need a break, you r looking harassed/horrible, I guess you want to an ‘A list” naija celeb, word of advice you cant achieve that by been everywhere and anywhere rather u r killing urslf. seriously u need to rest

14. ziki

July 15, 2013 at 12:39 pm

These pple dont rest, nawa

15. jcsgrl

July 15, 2013 at 12:40 pm

All the 3 looks are on point! I don’t know what you guys are yarning about. As long as the clicks increase and traffic to her page, BN will continue to post…so cry me a river

16. pearl

July 15, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I like all the looks!!!!!…..nice!!

17. BubblyBliss

July 15, 2013 at 1:10 pm

She looks like an older lady in the black dress

18. Arike

July 15, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I wonder y people hate toke so much,like how can you hate someone you don’t know personally this much, smh oo! Back to the matter at hand,I love the first dress,looks good on her.

• Oaken

July 16, 2013 at 6:19 am

No one hates her…she as been commoditized….thus no value to her

19. Person

July 15, 2013 at 1:21 pm

You people don’t like her but keep coming here to bash her. While y’all keep talking and hating, girl is making her money and moving on! Ok now, make una dey hate dey go. BellaNaija keeps getting hits and making money. And no, this isn’t Toke. I haven’t met her in my life.

Look 3 is my favorite. Look 2 is so so. I personally don’t like the lace in the mid section. Look 1 would have been perfect if the dress was longer.

20. Easy now!

July 15, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Haba guys! You guys should take it easy now. That was how people criticise late Goldie, until when she died, pple started having sympathy for her. I’m 100% sure that Bella Naija got these pictures from her facebook instagram album because she is my friend on facebook. It is not like she sent the pictures to Bella Naija to flaunt it. She owns her facebook account and she can post whatever pleases her. Once she loves the dresses and it makes her happy, haba wetin come be pple own. Make una free the babe. I’m super sure that sme people criticising her here r nt even a pinch better than her.

21. lilz

July 15, 2013 at 1:51 pm

NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. ninjachic

July 15, 2013 at 2:00 pm

She looks best in the 3rd dress. Still can’t get over them knuckles – Toke is the original African Michael Jackson. With the blotches on her arms (what’s with her left arm in the 4th pic), I’m sure if she could reverse the bleaching she would. The first dress isn’t bad (the 2nd is… meh), but she really owned the grey bodycon.

23. Heeba

July 15, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I don’t have anything against this lady but the way she is being forced down my eyes I am getting tired,Bella Naija we are tired of Toke this Toke That ,stop trying to rub her on us abeg! inshort its my fault I will stop bella naija till another 6months when I feel u guys would have moved past this

24. Zion

July 15, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Toke, is this actually your skin colour or it has to do with the picture quality? I just remembered Michael Jackson when I saw the second picture. take am easy sha. Abeg am not hating o, I love and wish her the best in all her life endeavours.

25. Scope

July 15, 2013 at 2:28 pm

nice move BN. Post who people cannot stand you get more clicks.

26. Ibukunoluwa

July 15, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Most of these posts are just ridiculous! really if half of the people dissing Toke can just calm down and reason, life will be blissful. She hosted a show, she put up pictures of herself on instagram (yeah go ahead and ask why she did that *rme*), bella naija took the pictures and created a poll on her different looks…sounds like normal entertainment media stuff to me, how is this hard to comprehend? I’m not even against being a critic, but be a rational and intelligent one. meanwhile Toke looks nice in all the pictures.

27. Chikaka

July 15, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Just the way the pictures were put; 1st dress, 2nd dress and 3rd dress for me.

28. jay girl

July 15, 2013 at 8:12 pm

seriously what does this Toke do asides from youtube videos, that makes her a celebrity? and I mean this as a sincere question. pls answers from any1 that knows.

29. I Rock

July 16, 2013 at 2:18 am

I love the 3rd pic. She looks gorgeous. Also like the 1st pic but for the embellishment on the side of the dress and her hair style.

30. Mabel

July 16, 2013 at 4:16 am

She honestly needs to give the weaves and braids a break because her hairline starts too far back. Now, I may be wrong and it may completely be a genetic condition, if it is a genetic condition, then even better reasons to stay away for the weaves and braids so her hairline doesn’t recede any further. A nice puffy afro can work wonders.

I prefer the last dress, it’s the only one that gives her some shape.

31. Oaken

July 16, 2013 at 6:17 am

At this point even toke herself must be tired of seeing herself on bellanaija….must you shove this girl down our throat? I mean what is this chic s claim to fame ….she s go to be the most over exposed talentless person in NAIja …like dixzzzam

32. birdieblue

July 16, 2013 at 7:54 am

I like the black dress although wish the band was like an inch thinner…

33. betty

July 16, 2013 at 2:19 pm

toke makinwa darling u need a vacay, away from our eyes! Lol. Those dresses are nice,but on sme1 else. Ur skin…no words

34. Gwen

July 17, 2013 at 4:59 am

Why isn’t there a button for None of the above?

35. Doctor Mancini

July 18, 2013 at 8:37 am

Hold up!!! Toke was real dark skinned when i was in naija…barely ten years ago…y’all been enjoying some temperate climate???

36. TheTruth13

July 23, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Is it me or has Toke gone whiter in the past months LMAO. Baby girl it’s enough, there’s no harm in toning but don’t go as far as changing race.