News

BN Exclusive: So in ❤! The Scoop on Media Personality Toke Makinwa & her Beau Maje Ayida’s PDA in Lagos

BN Exclusive - Toke Makinwa & Maje Ayida - August 2013 - BellaNaija 022

Lookin’ so crazy in love.

Nigerian media personality Toke Makinwa and her beau Maje Ayida are clearly going strong.

At the Etisalat Cloud 9 event held recently in Lagos, the two love birds who have been dating for 11 years weren’t shy for some little PDA (Public Display of Affection) – Hey Just checking!

BN Exclusive - Toke Makinwa & Maje Ayida - August 2013 - BellaNaija 021

For the event, the 28 year old media star rocked a multi-coloured halter neck chiffon print dress by Nigerian design label Beatrice Black.

She styled the mini dress with a gold bracelet and a black clutch. Sporting a fun new do, she finished the look with her favourite shade of lipstick – soft pink.

Maje looked simple in a black shirt and burnt orange pants.

BN Exclusive - Toke Makinwa & Maje Ayida - August 2013 - BellaNaija 023

The couple partied with Seyi Shay, Wunika Mukan, Shina Peters, Tokini Peterside, Ebi Atawodi and Tola Odunsi.

It was not a get a room scenario, but the couple were all smiles, holding hands and chatting with friends through out, an eye witness tells BellaNaija.

Hello Toke and Maje, should we be expecting a uber glamorous wedding soon? Wink, Wink!

Photo Credit: Dare Koleaje 360D Photography

1. Tesonma

August 19, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Really Nice! 11 years! Bless ’em!

2. Gistyinka Blog

August 19, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I think is right time Sis Toke to engaged than all the public display affection..

3. Sbaby

August 19, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Dating for 11years????????? Key holder things, she wants him by all means for her to hangon, Maje please wife her now, you have been getting free milk for 11years, dont you want the cow?

• Jo!

August 19, 2013 at 1:54 pm

lol. You’re just mean

• OK

August 19, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Tomorrow the Toke girl will start giving “relationship” advise…trying to remove the speck in others’ eyes when there’s a log the size of an iroko tree hanging from hers. Check am, a child that was born when you guys started out, is nearing puberty, and you are still wasting time beating about the bush. Wake up and smell the coffee girl, this guy is DEFINITELY not that into you.

• masked

August 20, 2013 at 9:53 am

I just get pissed at your myopic comments and it oozes frustration from your own lifes most times…she was about 17 wen they started dating and its possible d guy isnt that much older than her;if they think they haven’t gotten to where they wanna be b4 marriage,its their bizness and at least they are nearing it gradually….Na wa for show biz life o, wher every idiot just thinks they have an opinion about you even when they don’t know you. KMT!

• beee

August 20, 2013 at 11:58 am

Does Maje look like a young man to you ……..He is way in his 40s and about the say age with Abi kuku

• bimpe

August 20, 2013 at 12:55 pm

classic! that got me rolling on the floor….lol

• omolaraeni

September 6, 2013 at 9:05 am

lol

4. opy

August 19, 2013 at 1:47 pm

11 years!! pls what are u guys still waiting for??

5. fifi

August 19, 2013 at 1:52 pm

11 yrs..wow

6. Eve

August 19, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Walahi she tried. Dating a guy for 11year? That’s equivalent as getting married now! And still now, no child(ren), cos the guy would hv stopped using condom now. Not even an engagement ring on that finger? She tried oo. So the guy has been enjoying free food for the past 11yrs??? Like seriously? It still baffles me though. No hard feelings trust me but omotoke, u tried..

• Chic

August 19, 2013 at 2:33 pm

How do you know they stopped using condom are you in the bedroom with them? And ever heard of other methods of birth control?

• Tinuade

August 19, 2013 at 3:31 pm

WTF???? Nigerians are the biggest bunch of losers on this earth!WTF does it have to do with you if they use condoms or not. I mean, seriously our society is totally F-ed….see how we are so quick to comment on someone else’s private life. I’m sure you have virtually nothing happening in your own life hence your need to use your brain energy on Toke’s relationship. KMFT!!!!!

• missme

August 19, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Please speak for yourself please. I’m Nigerian and I’m not a loser.

• Lily

August 19, 2013 at 5:31 pm

stfu,do u think it’s only Nigerians dat post comment here,speak 4 ursef and not oda ppl, u are d lowering d making

• Lily

August 19, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Loser

• ego

August 19, 2013 at 4:48 pm

LOL! I am sure it must have on & off for 11 years. Whatis important is that they are happy.

7. nomad

August 19, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Please stop it with the cow and milk analogy, unless you think you’re a cow giving milk then go ahead. Abi she no go like it? If she was getting it for 11 years then she must have liked it too and it looks like she likes it.(some) Women like sex too, it’s not something you “give” but something you also receive.

• Sbaby

August 19, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Just shut up with your lame reply

• nomad

August 19, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Congrats. Yet another crude girl. If you have no argument to make, please don’t. Keep resorting to cheap insults and your life will flourish

8. A FAN

August 19, 2013 at 2:09 pm

i love her dress and she’s looking o so beautiful

• Straight4ward

August 19, 2013 at 4:17 pm

NO!!! She doesn’t look “so beautiful”…stop it please. Haba!!

• Naomi

August 23, 2013 at 2:34 pm

lmao!

9. Miss Concerned

August 19, 2013 at 2:11 pm

ehh ehn! *coughs in French; dating for 11 years equal to Toke’s married 2d guy, just hasnt made it official! Maje! o gini ka i na-eche? but wait o! does it mean dey’d bn seeing each other since Toke was 17? o dikwa egwu! faux pas

10. Mz Socially Awkward...

August 19, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Where is the PDA?? And Damilare, you don quickly forget my request about posting the ages of all sexes concerned. Why you dey always quick to post all these female celebs ages? Oya, how old is Maje? Me I wan know by force, oh. Even if e no really concer me…

• OK

August 19, 2013 at 6:39 pm

LOL…I was expecting you (or someone at least) to point that out as soon as I saw the age, after all the age comments on the Tiwa article. I even had to scroll to make sure it was the same Damilare who wrote this article…

11. Sbaby

August 19, 2013 at 2:29 pm

I need to understand something, i am not hating, i like Toke and her vlogs but please 11years, really so it ,means she was cheating on Maje back then with the Older guys omo i just woke up n rewound this 11yrs story they are giving us

12. Spicy Chizzle

August 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Wait o! dd yu say 11 years!!!!!!!!!!!!11 dat means she met him wen she was 19! kai!!!!!!!!!!!! she try oh………… jus doznt make sense at all. Am sure der are better guiz out der who she didnt give any chance to just coz she dated ds guy for 11 years! ai wont even date mine for 5. once ai meet sm1 responsible am sooo OUT!!!!

• Tincan

August 19, 2013 at 2:43 pm

28-11?

• noni

August 19, 2013 at 10:51 pm

seventeen !!! people should calm down , she is still young
      jor.. may be they both havent been ready to settle down..

13. Chic

August 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Good for them. Personally I am not crazy about long term dating unless maybe you are Oprah and Stedman and that is what works for you instead of marriage even four years sef is too long for me.

14. Bimpe

August 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm

it’s funny this guy only wear black shirts.

• nwanyi na aga aga

August 19, 2013 at 3:12 pm

thats what i noticed too. Is he mourning something or somebody. God bless their hustle cos this one don pass relationship enter hustle.

• sade A

August 19, 2013 at 5:44 pm

lmaoooooo oh my days!!!

• Msunderstood

August 19, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Lol @ hustle . Mean people.

15. Chizzy

August 19, 2013 at 2:55 pm

They should get married. Are they both not riped for marriage? 11yrs! Ok ooooo’

• Momma

October 29, 2013 at 7:58 pm

What does it mean to be “ripe for marriage?” Do you attain this “ripeness” at a certain age? Is it something that’s universal? Is it something that society impises on you! You all should face your own lives, because if they rush in and rush out, you all wil be quick to run your mouth. If we read thatshe’s had 11 men in 11 years, you all will also have your knickers in a knot. Face your lives! By the way, riped is not a word. Spend more time doing some learning.

16. Eve

August 19, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Erm Damilare Aiki, just be prepared for war fm her Lolzz. She will stop having u nor bellanaija as friends. Lol

17. Odine

August 19, 2013 at 3:07 pm

The joblessness of people sha! So she dated him for 11 years! So he’s not perfect, so she’s not perfect at least she’s not out playing the fields with men her grandfather’s age like most of you. If she’s not dating, you’ll say she’s not dating, now she’s dating, it’s still a problem. I don’t know this girl from a can of paint, but all you people should just bloody let her live! Haba! I know the next thing you peopl with balls will say is that its the price she pays for being in the public eye, but cut her some slacks and free the girl, Biko! Just sit behind your cheap computers and be bashing people you don’t know and have never met. #Nonsense!

18. Ms Aproko

August 19, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I hear these people have done their trad oh abi engagement as they call it also heard it was super coded. From a reliable source.

19. me

August 19, 2013 at 3:11 pm

they are engaged…google is not your enemy

20. shannaro

August 19, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Ah ah where did BN get the dating for 11 years from? I remember Toke saying in some atrocious Rubbin’ mind interview that she had been friends with the guy for 11 years and they took it from there

21. tatafo!

August 19, 2013 at 3:13 pm

What’s wrong with dating someone for 11 years? I find it admirable that they have been together for this long and have grown together. They probably have dreams and goals they want to achieve before a wedding. At the end of the day we are not privy to the intimate details of their relationship. I personally wish I had something that secure where both of us know the other person is not going anywhere and it’s just a matter of time.

22. Nonye

August 19, 2013 at 3:16 pm

11years and she will open wide her mouth to “teach” her followers when to leave or quit a relationship that’s not working. now toke tell us gini ji nwa nkita onwu. so they started dating when she was 18 her first yr in uni or just leaving sec school

• TheAgnostic1

August 20, 2013 at 12:15 am

Lol. You people sef. So a relationship that has been on for 11 years is one that is “not working” because the parties are unmarried? What is the correlation? If they want to marry, would you be the one to tell them? How does marriage make a relationship work anyway?

23. BellaYankee

August 19, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Abeg make una no quote me but I think Maje found new love and respect for Toke given that she’s now quite successful. He seems renewed in all this because a woman that is not a liability is a huge turn on for new age men. Abi she’s now rocking engagement ring? Next thing is white wedding.

Women stop looking for a man to “hook” and men stop looking for a woman to tie down- both parties should find life partners that can both grow together.

• Tincan

August 19, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I am with you here. It also seems to me that he has found a new love and respect for her. I have to say, like toolz did in her interview, I admire Toke’s tenacity. Given the way she was bashed when she started her vlogs and the way some of her business was put out there, the girl is tenacious and I hope she’ll reap the rewards. I hope it all works out for her and Maje. I also admire the fact that she’s only been known to be with the one guy. Sentimental things but I like it.

24. ziki

August 19, 2013 at 3:30 pm

11 yrs, fr wt nw, hope he marries her sha, iv seen this kind of thngs happen n d guy doesnt marry d girl, dts wn it will be more painful.

• B

August 19, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Whatever!! human beings will always have examples of everything negative under the sun. I dated my boyfriend for 9 years before we got hitched. I won’t advise my daughter to date for that long as perspectives have now changed but there are many success stories out there so to each their own

25. she-is

August 19, 2013 at 3:35 pm

is this her beau a bouncer? the babe sef goor, her mater plenty…………

26. The Original Beebee

August 19, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Its just funny how Wednesday will come and toke will start advising us on matters (via her vlogs) she herself needs to take heed to…
    Just saying….

27. Cynthia

August 19, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Bella Naija does not know the meaning of PDA It means “Public Display of Affection”. Where is the PDA here? He looks like he’s about to slap her. LOL.

• Straight4ward

August 19, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Hahahahahahahah!!!!!!! @ Cynthia, you are a star!… your comment made my day. I actually went back to look at the picture again and you are sooo right, It looks like he is about to wooze her face!!! Hahahahahahahah!!!!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

August 19, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Well, you never know, to some women that one sef fit be a display of affection…

28. The Real Madam the Madam

August 19, 2013 at 4:33 pm

This BN team just has some instigators amongst them.

29. T Baba

August 19, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Why does it seem like this negro always has the same outfit on? O_O

30. Love

August 19, 2013 at 4:46 pm

@Tinuade, Just shut up with your lame reply.that’s her opinion and she’s entitled to it. Mtcheew.

31. Lisa

August 19, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Wow.nigerians are really crazy…obviously they’ve been dating since she was 18 or 19…..so people should get married once its 5 years of dating without considering if they are really ready for such commitments?and also financial stability.?Please chill!!!

• Lily

August 19, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Stop classifying a whole nation as crazy, make correct use of words that classifies a group of people,e.g some

32. ty

August 19, 2013 at 5:21 pm

gosh! nigerians sha…see how that 1 sed he wud hav stopped using condom, as in WTF! how do u know this, r u in d room with them, there is no clock on d time to get married wen ur in a rship, it just boils down to both of them and if they r ready for it. Na wa O! nigerians can jump into conclusion and make some absurd statements.

33. Cherrie_J

August 19, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I don’t know sha but she seems more into him I follow her on IG and see how she gushes over him. Go thru his account, no single picture of her. Says a lot. I know guys don’t really do the lovey dove thing, but haba not even a picture. Maybe it’s just me sha, video this 11 year thing no be joke.

• Oaken

August 20, 2013 at 4:19 am

Toke has simply turned Mario for the ayida family house. Lets face it, who else will marry this chic when she has be “tagged and stamped” all over by maje? All her types are maje s friends so they won’t even touch her. I’m not trying to be mean I’m just saying if she she leaves maje now, she will always be remembered and referred to as maje’s ex, and I can tell you no man wants that. I hope they marry her sha cos she ain’t going nowhere…plus emi toke yi. Her suffer head alone go make her never leave cos she wants to shame the naysayers….do you girl

34. Cherrie_J

August 19, 2013 at 5:29 pm

*Cos (remove video Biko) autocorrect

35. sade A

August 19, 2013 at 5:46 pm

she should do a Vlog on people who date for 11 years… shey she has appointed hereself relationship doctor…but really though 11 years????!!!! Damn!!!!

36. hmmm

August 19, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Dey’v bin goin out for 11yrs,abg where r dey goin2?i gt dey were young wen dey startd bt 11yrs nd his mind is nt yt md up?Issorai….sealed lips.

37. konne

August 19, 2013 at 6:00 pm

11 years!!! Love you Toke. Don’t let him or anybody take you for granted

38. An Urgent CALL TO NIGERIAN WOMEN, as I personally know this couple

August 19, 2013 at 7:39 pm

1. Toke and Maje go to my church, I have seen them together on some sunday and I can see they are blessed. They are happy and they are content. I am not saying they are perfect and may not have their problems but isn’t that normal? The problem is Nigerian women are never content, u are always feeling pressured because a lot of you base your sense of worth on what others expect from you and that is how many end up making life long mistakes.Sometimes mistakes that cost your lives or inner peace.

2. Please my fellow nigerian women, i’m not here to insult any of u or use harsh words but answer me this-Has Toke said anything on her blog that is not true? All the advice I’ve heard from her has been sound advice that any sensible woman would give so what is the problem?
    WOMEN, so because she is not married, she is unfit to give relationship advice abi? OKAY i see, This is how the pharisees criticised Christ o, for living in poverty even tho that was HIS choice and He preached the truth. In their shallow eyes, He was unfit, yet He ended up being the King of Kings.

3. IF indeed Toke ends up marrying this dude, it may very well be a “king of kings” marriage, i.e a BLESSED marriage full of purpose. A better marriage than any of u here shouting could ever have! Built on a solid foundation of friendship, faith and the fruit of patience. All that is required for a marriage to last. After all it is JUST 11 years out of the rest of their lives.

4. Even IF she doesn’t end up with this man she will be very ok. Abi are u people not seeing what i’m seeing? She is still young, beautiful, intelligent and ambitious! She would be even more prepared to face the challenges that come with marriage, and enjoy the rewards.

5.WOMEN, Marriage is not the be all and end all to everyone’s happiness. We are in the 21st century, we have choices. She is successful, she has faith in God and she’s with a good man- she has it all if u ask me. Toke can be just as fulfilled and even more satisfied with her life without the “marriage” title because marriage never guaranteed anyone heaven. If they are taking their time, thats their priority. The question is, what is yours?

• zsa zsa

August 19, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Thank you very much for this. I dont watch toke’s vlogs but
      i can tell the chick is quite ambitious…maybe the delay in
      “settling down” has been due to her desire to make something for
      herself rather than sit around waiting for dude to wife her. So
      what is she has dated or known him for 11yrs? we don’t know the
      intimate details of their relationship so why the fuss? maybe she
      has “known” him for 11 yrs, they probably got serious sometime
      during the 11yrs abi? I knew my hubby for 10yrs before we got
      married…met him when i was 18. Took me a while to decide if i
      wanted to be in a relationship and all that…got married at 29,
      nobody pressured me, nobody pressured him and nobody died….we
      were both ready when we were ready. Some folks just like to over
      analyze situations that are really not complicated.

• dare

August 20, 2013 at 8:40 am

TOKE
      TOKE
      TOKE
      TOKE
      TOKE
      Welcome, we have been expecting you . Now have a seat
      Fix your own inperfect life before feeling like an expert in relationship
      11yrsssss doing on and off like nepa……….smh

• Ngozi

August 20, 2013 at 10:34 am

God bless you for your comment!!!!

• D'Mamma

August 21, 2013 at 9:41 am

Thank you for your comment. Toke speaks on true, real-life experiences so whats the problem with these silly, judgmental people

39. An Urgent CALL TO NIGERIAN WOMEN, as I personally know this couple

August 19, 2013 at 7:44 pm

ps- Marriage also does not guarantee respect. It is the
    individual that gains respect not the title! Just because she is
    not married does not make her less capable of giving relationship
    or marital advice, likewise a married woman may be totally clueless
    on relationship advice. WOMEN BE WISE.

40. Olamide

August 19, 2013 at 9:00 pm

more like off and on for 11 years!!

41. Beauty

August 19, 2013 at 9:11 pm

eeeeeeeeeya Maje I beg u on Toke’s behalf biko nnuu daaaddddddiiiii wife her oo, God will bless u when u do. for a girl to stay wit u for 11 yrs its nothing but true and innocent love. Maje biko wife d babe she as tried. can’t wait to read ur engagment story on BN and admire ur wedding pics too. Daaaaadddddddiiiiiiiii biko oge elugo kwa…

42. Beauty

August 19, 2013 at 9:18 pm

she has tried*

43. Nok10

August 19, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Why do I get a nagging feeling that ‘An Urgent CALL TO NIGERIAN WOMEN, as I personally know this couple’ is Toke, lol! Toke please if you are in the public eye, you’ve gotto to have a thick skin, okay dear!

44. Woman

August 19, 2013 at 11:16 pm

What does it matter how long they’ve dated??? She’s known
    him or dated him since she was 17, that was young. Now she’s 28,
    still young enough. People saying 11yrs is long probably started
    dating when they were 24, lol. I like the fact that she’s an
    enterprising young woman and in my opinion 28yrs isn’t old.
    Marriage has enough challenges. Please continue to develop yourself
    Toke. I don’t know u but I admire the fact that u obviously believe
    in developing urself FIRST before u get married which is a whole
    different ball game. Continue to enjoy ur relationship.

45. http://africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/

August 19, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Hope he proposes again soon.

46. milly

August 19, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Whether they get married o, they don’t get married ooo! No need for the long epistle of whether they attend your church , or they look together or Toke is building her career or whatever ! It is their life and their 11 years, so need to drink aspirin for another man’s headache!

47. yorubagal

August 20, 2013 at 12:12 am

Why put the ring???? This guy is not in hurry.. she is opening wids her legs ……giving him free HELLO KITY

48. teetee

August 20, 2013 at 1:40 am

11 years??? God forbid!!!

49. Chigbo

August 20, 2013 at 1:47 am

Toke it is well with you. Don’t worry about people but worry about God …….He alone has the final say. Happy marriage in advance.

50. timiNY

August 20, 2013 at 4:01 am

11 years?…there must have been ASUU strike in between

51. Oaken

August 20, 2013 at 4:02 am

So when is toke going to do a video on how long we women, who look up to her, should date a man before calling it quits and moving on?

52. Ndidi Sunshine A

August 20, 2013 at 4:13 am

Gorgeous couple! They will make amazing babies.
    Ride on boo and I wish you the best!

53. just saying

August 20, 2013 at 7:43 am

wow Bella, really? What was the need of this post. You guys shouldnt turn to a linda ikeji o

• Iris

August 20, 2013 at 1:08 pm

LOL I really think this Toke post was deliberately created to start a war because I don’t see the point of it. I’m also starting to notice the trend of BN posting the pointless topics you find on Linda Ikeji’s blog purely for sensationalism, but LIB is clearly a gossip blog. And Damilare Aiki, like others have said please, in posts like this it would make sense if you insist on quoting ages to say ‘Toke, 28 and Maje, 20/30/40 whatever’

54. myafrolifestyle.blogspot.com

August 20, 2013 at 9:40 am

11 year SMH! so they haven’t seen other peoples during that time, what are they waiting for?

55. shenugs

August 20, 2013 at 10:38 am

My own question is ‘why does the guy always wear black?’ I mean its not like he has to tone down the brightness of his complexion

56. oge

August 20, 2013 at 10:44 am

11 years…..wish them luck but pls lemme ask is it me or jst my eyes….this toke lady looks so plastic..ish….I don’t like d way her face looks….argh jst saying not hating

57. kaddy

August 20, 2013 at 11:47 am

I dnt Like d Toke geh too. Shes nt fine she looks bleached and she’s too showy But I dont c anything wrong in dating someone For 11 years Is Even decent at least She don’t get to taste different bedsheets and lips . dey will Watch eachoda grow from teenagehood tO old Age I think is Fun and At 28 shes not overdue shes not so pleasannt To d Eye but Let’s give credit wen due

• Sbaby

August 20, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Point of correction Toke is not 28 biologically, thats her official industry age

58. jcsgrl

August 20, 2013 at 12:51 pm

BN shaa you guys are obsessed with Toke like E! is obsessed with Kim Kardashian. Na wa o! Esp this Dami of a human being…Toke this, Toke that. Odiegwu!

59. Eka

August 20, 2013 at 2:40 pm

11 years of being with someone and it doesn’t seem like its getting anywhere won’t you pack your things and leave?

60. Jojo

August 20, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Toke, this is what happens when you put your business out there. This is all unnecessary. I hope it works out for you. Keep you private life private. Follow Bella’s example because, putting yourself out the creates a short term buzz ( maybe that is your intention) but you’ll lose out in the end.

61. DAMN

August 20, 2013 at 4:14 pm

DAMN ISNT TOKE A HYPOCRITE TALKING ABOUT HOW WOMEN SHOULD KNOW WHEN THEY ARE SIDE CHICKS…SWEETIE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES. 11YEARS AND NO COMMITMENT? YOU ARENT GETTING ANY YOUNGER FAM

62. Bella

August 23, 2013 at 12:43 pm

BN, first things first, each to his own! what works for you may not work for someone else, so all these comments are of your own opinions on your own personal situations abi, so in that light, we dont know why they are or have been dating for 11 years, clearly that is her own business, but if you all take a moment to think, how mature are you at 18-25 to marry someone, start a family and improve your self career wise, Toke is in the public eye and she needs to clearly make a name (brand) for herself, how then can you do that with a husband, children to manage and all this barely before 30. This is always a recipe for disaster and divorce. I agree, it may look like 11 years is way too long a time to date someone but at the age of their meeting, they were just kids who were intp puppy love, its not like she is 30 /35 and been dating this man for this long, i feel that they have created a foudnation of love and trust and they know what they want for their future together, should they not work out – they are both established as individuals and can mov eon wiser from being ina relationhip for this long, as opposed to finding out creepy new nasty habits of a newly married couple. I feel that they are in love, i feel that i would also want to wait to getmy own life in order first before i settle on being someone’s wife, i nned to know that I can stand on my own two feet before i rely on my husband to be. Kudos to them both, at this point of maturity they know who they are and what they want, never mind of what society deems right or wrong, a tthis age and kowing each other, they cannot be character suprises but trustful and honest beings and clearly they are in love, whether Toke is inot him more or less its okay, love has no percentage portions. I say each to his own but truth is all of us can do with knowing our spouses a little longer before I do and securing our own selves before relying on them for every kobo.

63. Bella

August 23, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Ps. that said Toke, if by 32 Maje still hasnt proposed then you have 2 choices, carry on if you dont care for marriage or save yourself the heartache and move on. Can i also mention that Tina Turner got married at 73. Ands Oprah is still yet to marry, for as long as both of you are ok with it then Kudos, but if you are not happy with this term period, my dear, keep it moving – your manis fine tho, you suit each other v well.

64. Amirah

August 24, 2013 at 6:40 am

Dating for 11years is a long time. I know a lot of couples do it especially when the girl is younger and the guy is older. I think the girl wants to take her time. What is Toke mixed with? Lol…wonders shall never end. It’s not by force to be mixed now because u end up looking weird. Good luck to her.

65. thelma

August 28, 2013 at 6:08 am

Hmmmm good luck

66. olateju juliana

September 27, 2013 at 11:20 am

11 years !!!!! chai

67. MissBusyBody

October 24, 2013 at 4:52 pm

By the way, Toke is not 28, she’s 32……

68. Momma

October 29, 2013 at 7:59 pm

69. Momma

October 29, 2013 at 8:01 pm

What does it mean to be “ripe for marriage?” Do you attain this “ripeness” at a certain age? Is it something that’s universal? Is it something that society imposes on you? You all should face your own lives, because if they rush in and rush out, you all wil be quick to run your mouth. If we read thatshe’s had 11 men in 11 years, you all will also have your knickers in a knot. Face your lives!

You shouldn’t abuse your right to comment, anonymously, about people doing heir thing to make yourself feel bettter about your shortcomings.