News

“We Are Going to Speak But We Are Consulting to Come Up with a Robust Reply” – Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Addresses his Flock on the Allegations by Ese Walter

BellaNaija.com

In the past few days, social media has been abuzz with the ensuing discussion from the blog post written by Nigerian lawyer, and radio personality Ese Walter. {If you missed it, click here}
BellaNaija tried to contact Ese and her reply was that she would not speak to BN until Pastor Biodun responds publicly to her allegations.

For those who have not been following the responses on her blog, Ese responded on Saturday morning

esewalter
August 23, 2013 at 8:31 am

First off, good morning fellow Nigerians, Christians and who ever else is dissing or supporting on this blog. I want to state first and foremost that I never used the term “sexual abuse” in this post. I have never been sexually abused my entire life. However, I have been on about researching abuse generally because I started to realize the reason I had been how I was was because I didn’t have confidence in myself as a human being and I struggled with self esteem for as long as I can remember. Abuse is not only sexual and what I refer to here is not sexual abuse but psychological (mental and emotional), manipulation and control. These are forms of abuse and this is what I was referring to.
When I joined COZA, I didn’t know my left from my right. I was finding my way and naturally I was drawn to the word and the fact that I thought this was the one church that would help me grow. As for my then pastor Biodun, I really did see him as a god. I knew nothing about God for myself and I wasn’t reading the bible. I felt he was the one that would help me understand and grow. At the time, I had been attending church for less than three years. I will not deny the fact that I lived my life as I pleased all the while I was in University and even afterwards but like every human being knows, there comes a time when you decide to get it together.
Secondly, I am not hurting or broken anymore. The times I mentioned those in the blog, I was talking about what was happening to me at the time. By God’s grace I crawled out of the self-destructive hole I had entered. This experience drove me to dig deeper and understand grace for myself. Not only that, it made me understand how wrong it is to fear ‘men of God’ and even treat them as God. And I dare say, if I didn’t have this experience, I wouldn’t understand what it means to have a relationship with God.
I have asked God for forgiveness, I hold no grudge against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo or anyone displaying ignorance here or elsewhere. I did what I knew to do as it regards meeting church elders. Not just pastor Flo but others and it seemed no one could talk to Pastor Biodun. As for those saying people will loose their faith, I think that would turn out for their good eventually because when you loose your faith because of man,you would then be able to seek God for yourself and find truth. After all, the bible states that He wishes that ALL men come to the knowledge of truth.
Yes we were both guilty,I have not excused myself from the role I played. I was guilty as sin, however, I have come to know better. If you know anything about low self esteem, you would understand why it went on for as long as it did. Looking back, I think I expected him to know better than me but I know better now. That being said, the whole affair ended because I put my foot down. He made all sorts of propositions to me when I returned to Nigeria but I was looking to heal and move forward.
My aim with this blog is to show other ladies who suffered same fate at his hands both in Illorin and Abuja (some of whom have emailed me but are still trapped in guilt and shame to speak up) that there is nothing to be ashamed of. The clout he has over people can cause them to do thoughtless things but in the end, it’s all out there and I am at peace with myself and with God.
For those calling me a liar, please ask Pastors Biodun Fatoyinbo and Flo if I have lied. I rest my case!!!

For many people who have said that Ese was not abused, we did a little research on the subject of abuse and found this interesting article —> {Soul Stealing} It is insightful

A lot of young people flocked to the church Common Wealth of Zion Assembly {COZA} this morning to see if they would get first hand information on the subject.

Here are some tweets from writer and blogger, Seun Salami.

We will keep you updated as soon as we get wind of the robust reply from the office of the senior pastor of COZA.

1. Smiley

August 25, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Abeg make we hear… Always using the bible to justify everything! Did you sleep with her or not? Yes or No? What’s the robust response for, the truth is the truth. And another lady has posted her story on twitter on this same man, and people will still be bashing the girl. Ese Walter nothing do you, God will vindicate you.

• Okechukwu Ofili

August 25, 2013 at 11:29 pm

“Always using the bible to justify everything! Did you sleep with her or not? Yes or No?” THE END

• Jo!

August 26, 2013 at 11:40 am

As in!!!! Please, all this is story. Just say the truth, Did you sleep with her or not? #datsall

• Dapsy

August 26, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I tire for the robust reply o! No be simple question???

• mo'blezzing

August 26, 2013 at 1:05 am

To answer your question; A robust response is an orobo response….a mama alaye response, the bigger the better jare….lols. It’s going to Apostle Bioduns epistle to the Nigerians…
      or you no go fear fear if after this moonlight tale, he has an even longer response! hian!! they have seen people wey no get work wey go come dey follow their scandal, reading response after response abi?? I think all this perambulation and rigmarole is an even ‘bigger sin’ (if there’s anything like that) than the said sex scandal sef!! Anyways sha…it is payday for Nigerian bloggers! So at least something good can come out of this situation….
      mssscheww….Paito wa!! E jawo ninu iwa palapala! finito.

• booylicious

August 26, 2013 at 10:08 am

and if the pastor gives ese 50million naira and asks her to change the story,the question is will she change this story or not?

• Ada

August 26, 2013 at 1:38 pm

My dear i know Ese and truth is money is NOT her problem, if its money she has seen it wella cos her folks made sure of it. No money can change or heal your conscience even if you take it. The Ese i know wont take it.

• Bummite

August 26, 2013 at 2:28 pm

If the man of God says ‘No’, would you believe him? People need blood and won’t rest until they taste it. @smiley…truth is you would rather he said ‘yes’ so you have something to gossip about. There’s no story that tops the ‘Pastor sleeps with church member’ story. Other variables are ‘Pastor caught in ritual act’ and ‘Pastor divorces wife’.

• Smiley

August 26, 2013 at 3:00 pm

There’s nothing to gossip about my dear because this is nothing new. He should either ignore the allegations, and if he chooses to respond, give a straightforward answer. How does robust enter truth. What do people need blood for? People always defending these pastors, but if it’s politicians, we’d demand accountability. Double standards!

2. nene

August 25, 2013 at 9:41 pm

yeah right, ROBUST reply. the girl is telling the truth and she put herself out there to be judged. pastor should go and do restitution, he should acknowledge that he has done wrong, and he should also step down and apologize publicly, then maybe he would be forgiven, afterall he is only human. the girl has done her restitution, it is now up to the pastor to do his. i will be watching and waiting for the ROBUST reply, even with a lot of evidence against him.

3. ogo

August 25, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Na wa oh!Who do we believe now?

4. miri

August 25, 2013 at 9:53 pm

when someone cant give you a straight answer…

• Loves SETI

August 25, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Lool

• Oaken

August 26, 2013 at 5:16 am

Then it’s complicated….lol

5. comment awaiting moderatn

August 25, 2013 at 9:59 pm

No comments!

6. chichi

August 25, 2013 at 10:00 pm

“we are going to speak but we are consulting to come up with a robust reply”..lmao..so basically, he is telling us that his robust baloney isnt ready yet..i see you pastor…what useless consultation do you need if you are innocent??..that line alone shows that he is guilty..

7. Kathy

August 25, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Why reply is she waiting for from the pastor?i thught she exposed the pastor to find peace. This case is just hectic…I tire.the pastor can just confess like that…he will do it in paparazzi style…the two of them re just complicated people. I tire

8. Kathy

August 25, 2013 at 10:04 pm

What reply i mean

9. omoibo

August 25, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Hmm, dude I don’t think tweeter isn’t the best medium to address this accusation.
    You and your PR people need to come up with a either a rebuttal or a ROBUST reply (indeed) addressing the allegations because this is some serious stuff right here….
    You owe this to your congregation.. Just saying mate,

10. adebisi

August 25, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Robust reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmm just wandering wat dat could b could it b dat pastor biodun is planning to fire an artillery, or probably lunch a missile attack…. bros just rest d case once n 4 all nd say NO she lied or YES i did… nd stop all dis dogooooooooooooo turenchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

11. Loves SETI

August 25, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Pastor shhhhh…. Imma teach you a level of grace that you don’t understand. This is relatively easy, did you SEX her or not? No need for these long political fuckery talk!!!

12. Dammy

August 25, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I sayyyyyy enough oooooo with this hide and seek, cock and bull story. This man is guilty..partially or wholly…and don’t even say until proven…. I have been there , seen it all…some of these pastors are devils in human clothing masquerading as Christ. Stop worshipping your pastors so that the day everything is revealed, your faith is not affected. A pastor at a meeting spent half the time trying to touch my boobs and telling me to come to his quarters…but it’s well…. STOP WORSHIPPING YOUR PASTORS OOOOO… I have said it….

13. goldfinch

August 25, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Hmm….this is really insightful, thanks BN.

• Nubianwaters

August 26, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Very insightful article indeed. Thanks for sharing!

14. Myra

August 25, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Even if it’s true, what did Ese aim to achieve sef? Did she think he wud own up? Anyway let’s see how it pans out. There cud b a miracle in her favor.

• Okechukwu Ofili

August 25, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Myra…its about speaking the truth. If she kept quiet what would happen? It is better to speak up that keep quiet. Too many people keeping quiet in Nigeria.

• ROYALHOTTIE

August 26, 2013 at 8:52 am

pls ofili, after speaking the truth and accepting that he did it, what would happen? are you the God that would forgive him or show him mercy.
      i am not suppporting pastor biodun and am not a coza member but what all these noise of admitting he did it. i pray this man comes out to admit he did it, so you all can shut up because thats all you want to hear. but it wud not affect anything. he owes only God all the explanantion. what happens if he admits and he is forgiven by God cos we are all sinners even people that were with Jesus on earth fell into tempatation at one point or the other. Jesus who i personally know did not kill them.PASTOR BIODUN, pls say you did it and let them rejoice so that this case can be closed ojare

• Okechukwu Ofili

August 26, 2013 at 9:49 am

@ROYALHOTTIE it makes a big difference. If he did he should step to the platform and say he did it and move on with his life. We are not asking for his blood, just an admission so that Nigerians can wake up from the notion that pastors are perfect.

• Sere

August 26, 2013 at 11:39 am

@royalhottie, people are not trying to rejoice over this issue. There should be no deceit in the house of God, plain and simple. The truth does not need to be robust. Personally i’m not interested in anybody trying to determine the pastors ‘judgement’ just the plain simple truth. The truth honours God.

15. wini

August 25, 2013 at 10:44 pm

did he use d word ROBUST ?pls get ur facts straight. and as for madam, you av spoken we have heard which one is this long talk? its simple just give hotel name, dates and also conceret evidience. you ‘ve ruined his name enough but GOD PAss you. stop seeking for pity.

• ayaba

August 26, 2013 at 10:12 am

My dear it is people like you who don’t like to hear the truth that keep men like the pastor from being checked. He has been going on with these perverse behavior for long. I have long heard about these first hand from his victims way back in Ilorin. None of them have been brave enough to come out and put a stop to it. The one girl that does, you want to crucify her for it. May be you would prefer it if she had kept quiet and he continues in his ways.

16. http://africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/

August 25, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Why so many tweets from one person.

17. Awesomeness

August 25, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Biodun took the Devil’s Dollars, there’s no wrapping this nicely, you are Guilty. If i were Ese i’d wait for his lies and mess him up. Seun Salami you can tweet till your fingers fall off, Biodun’s a perv.

18. uzaw

August 25, 2013 at 11:09 pm

it is well !

19. Gold digger

August 25, 2013 at 11:10 pm

And i heard the congregation were applauding him *smh*, Nigerians when would we learn?

• Irokoroots

August 26, 2013 at 1:02 am

Well, there is no concrete proof that the congregation applauded him during his wishy-washy response. But if it is indeed true, then it’s a big shame on the congregation for not demanding some level of accountability from their spiritual leader. That very action shows that they deserve the type of leader they currently have whether the allegations are true or false.

Anyway, I know sey yawa go seriously gas if I hear sey my pastor tell babe say him go “spoil her and take her around the world” after I don count money finish give him church as tithe and offering …. Infact na catapult them go use comot me from church that Sunday because wetin I go say/do…. I might probably even end up on YouTube.

• kemio

August 26, 2013 at 7:19 am

loooooool

• OMG!

August 26, 2013 at 1:53 am

Lol! You know how we like to follow pastors like goat….mtcheeeew! Like they can do no wrong. I had an aunt who sold everything she owned including her house in Abuja and gave all the money to her pastor…meanwhile she had 3 kids. Now guess who had to help her raise them???. Mtcheeeew!

• Oaken

August 26, 2013 at 5:13 am

Answer to your question, NEVER

20. D

August 25, 2013 at 11:23 pm

So I have been following this closely since the case broke out…all I have to say is let the media dig into it please, this should not die after a few weeks. I was on the fence and still reserve judgement until I hear the other side of the story but after reading the Pastor’s response today I have to say as a christian I worry, because his entire statement is BS. He is trying to BS is way through this(when you don’t know what you are talking about or don’t have anything to say and try to just combine sentences together and muddle your way through it and people that are not really listen believe a response is an answer). All he said had nothing to do with the situation at hand and that worries me, if he just said I am consulting with the right people to make sure I make the right statement, I will understand that fully, because PR goes a long way but all this; men!!!! is BSing and i know BSing when i see it. The only thing I have said is that i fear that we (as a country) have traded faith for religion and fanaticism, people are worshiping “men of God” instead of God Himself. Look at the case of Ted Haggard and Bishop Eddie Long of the US, all these cases would have died if the media did not hang unto them and start digging and investigating. I am not saying this to bring anyone down or to destroy a church, I only want the truth so that others will not fall prey to this (i.e if Ese is telling the truth and the whole truth). At the end of the day the accused is still a man and as such is just liable to sin just like you and me but what makes him a better person is he coming forward accepting his wrong and growing from it and understanding that he has to be accountable to the people around him. Now what his members decide to do with this info is totally up to them at least then they are making well informed decisions i.e to stay or leave.

• beezprof

August 26, 2013 at 12:23 am

Arrant BS, that’s all he has given his congregation and the public. He knows too well that if he denies the affair, Ese who claims to have evidence will not hesitate to post it one-time that’s why he cannot outrightly deny it. Him and his team are probably trying to appease her and whoever else he might have slept with to avoid further damage, something he should have done the moment he heard the babe was telling whoever cared to listen about the affair before it got this messy. At least now, pastor will be more careful when choosing church members to frolick with. He’ll stay away from rich kids like Ese who have nothing to lose and stick to the big abuja runz babes cos until he confesses and seeks the face of God, i doubt he has any plans to stop.

On the plus side, there really is no such thing as bad publicity. I’m sure his congregation must have tripled today and might remain so over the next few months, which translates to more offering.

21. Mz Socially Awkward...

August 25, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Mr. Fatoyinbo, let your “Yes” be “Yes” and your “No” be “No”. You’ve had since Friday afternoon to prepare a response to an allegation, which some members of your church may need answers to. What is a “robust reply”? You (hopefully) have rational human beings in your flock who can think for themselves. If Ese is lying, just say that’s what it is and then immediately begin to repair the damage.

I really don’t see what a reply should contain other than words to the effect of “It’s true, I did it and please pray for me” or “It’s a lie, I don’t know Ese from Eve and I stand by what I say”.

• Enigma

August 31, 2013 at 8:54 am

Exactly! . I don’t know the Ese babe and don’t care two hoots about her, but my mind struggles to accept her allegations as lies..very sad indeed.

22. Okechukwu Ofili

August 25, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I am going to comment but I am consulting to come up with a robust comment.

• mo'blezzing

August 26, 2013 at 12:45 am

hehehehehe….as in eh!

• tokunbo

August 26, 2013 at 1:13 am

Lmao!! Okechukwu u are not a human being! Haahaha!

• mami

August 26, 2013 at 9:51 am

hahahahahahahahaa OKECHUKWU OFILI, You Are Not WELL!!!!loooollll

• Iris

August 26, 2013 at 10:11 am

LMFAO. I swear this guy is our new “My Oga At The Top”. I honestly wasn’t sure what to believe before but as far as I’m concerned he has confirmed his guilt. All he had to say was “It is a lie. Believe what you want but God will vindicate me” or something to that effect. Everything else na wash. He should run for president in 2015.

23. Tayo

August 25, 2013 at 11:40 pm

LOL!! Robust indeed!
    Wait and see! Pastor’s gonna teach us a level of grace we don’t understand! 😉

• Jo!

August 26, 2013 at 11:44 am

LMAO. I love you

24. Simdamsel

August 25, 2013 at 11:43 pm

People should the kind of churches to attend,na only God know who dey serve am. See Tope Alabi pastor too who was a renowned pastor during his life time only for him to die and his cult member came to bury him. God knows best.

25. Simdamsel

August 25, 2013 at 11:45 pm

Robust reply indeed , guess the answer is still cooking and will be let out when done.

26. Anon

August 25, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

• carliforniabawler

August 26, 2013 at 3:50 am

If the allegations are true, he has no use for his pants…**wink wink**

27. Kenny

August 26, 2013 at 12:12 am

Why are we surprised? the bible predicted all this, we as ppl should be careful, read God’s word and seek Him, He will surely reveal the truth to us. If Ese story is true, i bet u, this man will never own up to whatsoever wrong he has done. Most Nigerians including the fake men of God will lie their way to hell bc it’s in their DNA, they will never own up to anything and its a shame.

28. Beauty

August 26, 2013 at 12:19 am

Pastor Biodun May God be with you!

29. slice

August 26, 2013 at 12:26 am

Me too, I wish he had responded Yes or No today. And I was waiting for him to speak. It would seem like a simple enough thing to say No if he didn’t do it.

On the other hand, if he has no concrete proof that it didn’t happen, then the people that won’t believe his word won’t believe him anyway and most of the people who trust him, don’t believe he did it. So really without negating evidence, it’s all a matter of whom you choose to believe.

I don’t know either of them so really no basis to believe she’s telling the truth about him or that he’s capable of what she said.

The annoying thing for me about her story is with all the details she provided, i just wish she had provided some concrete evidence (pics, video, text messages) so we’d know for ourselves that the thing went down. Right now, we are just supposed to believe that someone who admits to sleeping with a married man is also telling the truth about sleeping with that man. I don’t like joh.

Maybe this Franca girl who is going around saying the same thing happened to her will provide proof or at least take your proof to the church leadership so they can know what type of man they are following.

And please while we are it, can we stop comparing what happened to her to what some pastors/priests did to underage children. Please let’s stop treating a grown up woman like a child. As an adult, unless you are raped or threatened with loss of life or something of equal importance to you, there is no rape/abuse when you sleep with any man no matter how great he is. The worst that could have happened if she refused to do as he allegedly said is that she would have fallen out of favor with him. Thank god for Monica Lewinsky. she never came out to tell us this crap about Clinton abusing her

Note to cheating men: don’t sleep with a woman for 7 days and then stop talking to her. lol

30. Godsluv22

August 26, 2013 at 12:31 am

Na wa ohhh to the comment above me NO the essay above…….I know you want to write out your opinion but why so long ??? Anyway baba God dey for this matter. He see’s and know’s everything……That’s all

31. Nomy1

August 26, 2013 at 12:32 am

Pastor Alulumani! Liar! Yes or no would have been easier than the long consultation word! Toh. But then he is a mini god who is worshipped by his members so he dares not fall from his level of grade! Onye asi!

32. OlaOluwayimikaaaa

August 26, 2013 at 12:35 am

First and foremost, Pride goes Before Destruction and a Haughty Spirit Before A Fall #Hubris

He actually didn’t make any form of “confession”. He simply came out to brag about how he has people in all spheres of life who literally “watch his back”. More-still indirectly talking about the 500 members he started with and the new church building site.
    I just wonder How God will tell you to be Quiet on An issue YET go about Consulting people for a “ROBUST REPLY”.

Here is a transcript of what he said (for about 3 minutes) after the “Regular Service” and Alter Call:
    “”””I’m sure you read some things about me and about COZA on the social network. The natural me, I know what I should do. But My mentors…you cant even imagine those that have called me you cant even imagine people that called me.. I want to be discreet about it… Some are names from the First world .. Some are governmental people from the First World. Some are security people from the First World..and everybody is telling me “Don’t Talk!”. That is the painful part. But because I am your Pastor and you know I don’t like to take you for granted, I still want to bend it a little bit to talk about it. They said “Don’t even do like you heard”. And because it’s never happened to me, I don’t understand that dimension. Even up up till this morning,…calls from everywhere. When I switch off my phone they call my associates – “Tell him to Ignore It.He should just move on”. Some have been to our land and they are like “wow!,we understand”.

**Church Cheering**

Now read my lips because I know that there are people here who are not part of my church.
    Listen read my lips… Listen we are going to speak but we are consulting to come out with a robust reply. Before then I have not said anything. But i owe it to you – faithful members! that have made me proud..and made God proud, to say it.

**Church Cheering**

One thing you can be assured of is that my wife and I love you.

*Church Cheering**

In the first place from this pulpit there’s some things you don’t say . Maybe you remember that two years ago we lost somebody in our family. I came to Church, I preached, I danced..I din’t say it. And That is even deeper for me. Because my destiny is not in any body’s hand. That lose was deeper for me than even this and i didn’t talk.

So don’t think it is a make up. That’s what we have been asked to do.
    When we asked God. God said be Quiet.”

*walks off stage with church cheering*

This story sounds like another version of Clinton-Lewinsky Scandal…. mmmhhmmm

• Heha

August 26, 2013 at 3:06 am

Yeye man. All that first world talk as if Jesus lives there. Simple yes i did it or no i did not is enough

• Perx

August 26, 2013 at 10:00 am

[email protected] as if Jesus lives there! hilarious!

• whocares

August 26, 2013 at 9:33 am

LOOL. this is messed up on too many levels!! his church cheering him for the bs he said? #herdmentality.

• Commenting!

August 26, 2013 at 2:57 pm

This is truly shocking….I was waiting for this transcript and not the twitter handle…I am christian and i respect God’s Anointed servants so I won’t say any thing negative about the Pastor or the lady who confesses…But as she said,she was not abused so it means the sex was consensual…and that is what Sex is all about,the agreement of two parties.She agreed and so did others that claim they were used! But why using the media to destroy the man??!! As a man, I speak…how many men in politics,in media,even amongst close friends do this acts??? even women engage in such immoral acts…O,becos its a Pastor and everyone looks for various reasons to pull down a Pastor at every slight opportunity they get!!!

Remember Judgment will start from the Church and you shall be judged individually and not as a member or anything else….d devil is using different strategies to disunite the Body of Christ….I stand behind Pastor Biodun(i don’t follow him though but the fact he stands for God is enof for me)…To Ese Walter, now you know the right thing to do,Do it and Keep at it!! Be very careful of d devices of the devil,From a friend!!!

God bless the Body of Christ,God bless Nigeria….

• Ngobeke

August 27, 2013 at 12:35 am

LWTMB! First world?! Is this for real? I guess Obama sef called him …Choi! Jesus is on the throne, whether the answer is slim or robust!

• TY

August 27, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Please take several sits…”No confession?” like you are God. Confess the sin your sins first madam.

33. Msunderstood

August 26, 2013 at 12:37 am

I read the post on the link BN posted. Insightful, it talks about power. That’s what I ve been saying since I heard dis-that’s why there’s a lot of sex scandal involving men in power-political office holders like Bill Clinton, men of God, it’s that shift in power and it’s a kind of abuse.
    I’m proud of this girl for coming out no matter her motive. At least, this pastor will think twice b4 he does this again considering he has an history from Ilorin.

34. mo'blezzing

August 26, 2013 at 12:48 am

Robust ko….orobo ni!

35. spareme

August 26, 2013 at 12:53 am

if someone accuses me of something as serious as this falsely . As a so called pastor, I would call the press and the lady in question.To say a simple “NO I did not do”. SIMPLES. WHY ALL THE LONG STORY!

36. 'Mide

August 26, 2013 at 1:01 am

My contri men love titles. Pastor dis, Engineer dat, dame dis, Chief dat. About time people called Biodun or is Fatoyinbo to give account of his stewardship. He is seriously bullshitting at this rate. Personally, I have no sympathy for his partner in crime, a whole lawyer that ought to be morally grounded not just in spiritual matters, but in ethical matters that should have allowed her weigh her decisions carefully before rolling in the sheets and ordering Hennessy and Coke. Stupid people. Whether na woman or man, they are both a bunch of deceitful people. If you want to f-cuk, please do it and answer to your beliefs and not put is in a robust quagmire. I watched the service and I came of the whole experience wounded for my misguided contri-people.

• whocares

August 26, 2013 at 9:20 am

LOOOOL. You are so right about the title. i once saw a “PHD Doctor (insert name here)” lol

37. Ms Laits

August 26, 2013 at 1:06 am

After one week we’ll all 4 get abt ds and move on.

38. Miss Pepeye

August 26, 2013 at 1:12 am

People, please lets all watch our sisters and daughters’ backs oh. So that all these fake pastors will not “COZA” them for us biko 🙂 I rebuke “COZAring” spirit oh…..

• AFRIPRO

August 26, 2013 at 5:46 pm

lmbo NEW SLANG ALERT!

39. Stephen Paul

August 26, 2013 at 1:18 am

That’s why I don’t go to church anymore, so many bullshit going on! Nigeria has so many churches, but the situation of that country is getting terrible.

If only Nigerian pastors could all pray together for the country, then Nigeria would be a better place. Nigeria needs divine intervention, and the churches aren’t helping.

Churches need to play a significant role in the politics of the country, but they don’t. Churches don’t care about the society anymore, and this is one of Nigeria’s multitude of problems.

40. Babs @ Edubabs.com

August 26, 2013 at 1:21 am

Am off this story. Bedtime, Kids.

41. Chunky

August 26, 2013 at 1:40 am

Hmmmmm

42. Concerned

August 26, 2013 at 1:45 am

There is no doubt something transpired between these two. Its also rational to ask what went wrong between the two. The pastor in my opinion may be culpable as accused but on the other hand at what point did this congregrant decide to let the whole world know? As much as everybody knows how difficult it is to put one’s self out there for judgment, we should also wonder why this particular case. Does it mean that for every other or any other sexual encounter the accuser had in the past were justified? How come those encounters were not also brought to the media or social networks for public judgment? As much as I do not doubt the lady’s story, I am somewhat skeptical that her decision to expose the so called pastor were solely based on her spiritually or holiness as it were. Truth be told, as an adult, at the point she realized that this pastor was about to invade her space or make any non consensual move, it was her right to alert the authorities in UK as unlawful canal knowledge is considered rape. She went ahead to the extent of acknowledging another invitation from the same pastor in Nigeria. How convenient!!! In my little opinion, I consider that very shallow.
    However, there is nothing that I hear about any Nigerian pastor that I would ever doubt. Its so sad that those we have entrusted our spirituality and life vulnerabilities are the same people that exploit our situations which is very sad. I pray for God’s mercy on our lives.

• whocares

August 26, 2013 at 9:28 am

but the canal knowledge was not unlawful. i havent read the full story or seen her blog, but when she says she had self confidence issues etc, the pastor would only be culpable if he was aware of her state and used that to take advantage of her, if he raped her or did anything she did not consent to. that is not the case here and she kept going back for more. from what i have garnered so far, it wasnt like he was counselling her or anything on her confidence issues (not too sure) my point is.. i am waiting for the pastor’s robust reply, and i suppose i have to read the lady’s blog fully. but at the end of the day who gives a s**t. a lady should know better than to let herself be in that position, self confidence issues or not. he did not tie her to the bed, or put a gun to her head making her promise to come again and again and again( ha ha see what i did there?come?), so i cant sympathise with her victim card, but i can acknowledge the courage it took to for her to come forward regardless of her motive. that said, shame on the pastor all the same especially for this response.. a more robust reply? Olorun a shanu wa.

43. Cocomocha

August 26, 2013 at 1:48 am

John Macarthur said this:

“It has always saddened me over the years as I’ve watched church leaders bring a reproach on the church of Jesus Christ. What’s shocking to me is how frequently Christian leaders sin grossly, then step back into leadership almost as soon as the publicity dies away.

Some time ago I received a CD that disturbed me greatly. It was a recording of the recommissioning service of a pastor who had made national news by confessing to an adulterous affair. After little more than a year of “counseling and rehabilitation,” this man was returning to public ministry with his church’s blessing.

That is happening everywhere. Restoration teams–equipped with manuals to instruct the church on how to reinstate their fallen pastor–wait like tow-truck drivers on the side of the highway, anticipating the next leadership “accident”. Our church has received inquiries wondering if we have written guidelines or a workbook to help restore fallen pastors to leadership. Many no doubt expect that a church the size of ours would have a systematic rehabilitation program for sinning leaders.

Gross sin among Christian leaders is a signal that something is seriously wrong with the church. But an even greater problem is the lowering of standards to accommodate a leader’s sin. That the church is so eager to bring these men back into leadership is a symptom of rottenness at the core.

Some have claimed that a leader’s failure makes him more effective in shepherding fallen people. That is ludicrous. Should we drag the bottom of sin’s cesspool for the most heinous sinners to lead the church? Are they better able to understand the sinner? Certainly not! Our pattern for ministry is the sinless Son of God. The church is to be like Him and her leaders are to be our models of Christlikeness.

We must recognize that leadership in the church cannot be regarded lightly. The foremost requirement of a church leader is that he be above reproach (1 Timothy 3:2, 10; Titus 1:7). That is a difficult prerequisite, and not everyone can meet it.

There are some sins that irreparably shatter a man’s reputation and disqualify him from a ministry of leadership forever. Even Paul, man of God that he was, said he feared such a possibility. In 1 Corinthians 9:27 he says, “I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.”

When referring to his body, Paul obviously had sexual immorality in view. In 1 Corinthians 6:18 he describes it as a sin against one’s own body–sexual sin is in its own category. Certainly it disqualifies a man from church leadership since he permanently forfeits a blameless reputation as a one-woman man (Proverbs 6:33; 1 Timothy 3:2).

Where did we get the idea that a year’s leave of absence and some counseling can restore integrity to someone who has squandered his reputation and destroyed people’s trust? Certainly not from the Bible. Trust forfeited is not so easily regained. Once purity is sacrificed, the ability to lead by example is lost forever. As my friend Chuck Swindoll once commented when referring to this issue–it takes only one pin to burst a balloon.

What about forgiveness? Shouldn’t we be eager to restore our fallen brethren? To fellowship, yes. But not to leadership. It is not an act of love to return a disqualified man to public ministry; it is an act of disobedience.

By all means we should be forgiving. But we cannot erase the consequences of sin. I am not advocating that we “shoot our wounded.” I’m simply saying that we shouldn’t rush them back to the front lines, and we should not put them in charge of other soldiers. The church should do everything possible to minister to those who have sinned and repented. But that does not include restoring the mantle of leadership to a man who has disqualified himself and forfeited the right to lead. Doing so is unbiblical and lowers the standard God has set.

So why is the contemporary church so eager to be tolerant? I’m certain a major reason is the sin and unbelief that pervade the church. If casual Christians can lower the expectations on their leadership, they will be much more comfortable with their own sin. With lower moral standards, the church becomes more tolerant of sin and less tolerant of holiness. The “sinner-friendly” church is intolerable to God–that is a frightening condition.

Conservative Christians have for most of the previous century focused on the battle for doctrinal purity. And that is good. But we are losing the battle for moral purity. Some of the worst defeats have occurred among our more visible leaders. The church cannot lower the standard to accommodate them. We should hold it higher so we can regain purity. If we lose here, we have utterly failed, no matter how orthodox our confession of faith. We can’t win if we compromise the biblical standard of moral purity.

What should you do in the current crisis? Pray for your church’s leaders. Keep them accountable. Encourage them. Let them know you are following their godly example. Understand that they are not perfect, but continue nonetheless to call them to the highest level of godliness and purity. The church must have leaders who are genuinely above reproach. Anything less is an abomination.”

• Person

August 26, 2013 at 9:12 am

Thank you! Ori e pe! All these other gullible Christians commenting! I don’t know what Bible school they went to! Jesu a ri ejo da o!

• susu

August 26, 2013 at 9:37 am

Can someone kindly send this write up to the governing council of COZA?

• Nubianwaters

August 26, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Wow… truth spoken! Thanks for sharing!

44. OMG!

August 26, 2013 at 1:49 am

Hahahah! At first he is saying God said be quiet but now he is working towards a robust reply? Ok oh.

45. bobby eze

August 26, 2013 at 1:57 am

Bella naija will you post my comment. Your just selecting which comments to approve. Just listing all the negative comments. Anyway now am beginning to see this story from a different point of view.

46. omoibo

August 26, 2013 at 2:20 am

After much consultation with my fellow BN readers, I’ve a robust question to ask pastor. Did you or did you not have a robust relationship with Ese? Yes or No?

• whocares

August 26, 2013 at 9:20 am

lmaoooo. ah you just made my morning.

47. Goldmyne Entertainment

August 26, 2013 at 3:45 am

Hhhmmm

48. Mami

August 26, 2013 at 4:03 am

The most “robust” reply is the TRUTH.

49. Oaken

August 26, 2013 at 5:10 am

Lmao. Am I the only one who notices that all this jibby jabber, the pastor has failed to utter a simple ” no I didn’t sleep with Ese Walter”. Olorun a ri ejo da sha

50. abbey

August 26, 2013 at 5:30 am

I did not have have a sexual relationship with those women. Isn’t that easy to say? Bro. Biodun, if you are sure of your innocence, pls. speak out before God keep your mouth shut forever.

51. OlaOluwayimikaaaa

August 26, 2013 at 5:48 am

“Silence does not always mark wisdom.”

52. adebisi

August 26, 2013 at 6:05 am

PASTOR BIODUN is consulting with Road Safety,VIO,Man O War,NSCDC,Police,SSS,Navy,Air force,Army 4 a VERY ROBUST REPLY………………………. sha me i knw say even 4 federal executive council meeting no matter hw long jonathan take consult with im ministers 4 STATE HOUSE dey must come out after the meeting. So pastor biodun take ur time to consult and reply ROBUTICALLY

53. Awesomeness

August 26, 2013 at 6:51 am

Biodun, to hell with the morons who called from the first & second worlds. Questions are simple. Did you sleep with the chic or not? Did you also sleep with or sexually harrass other chicks in church? Did you get a 17yr old preggers? You can pull the wool over the eyes of your congregation or Nigerians who believe the Pastor is the next best thing since sliced bread. We can’t all be fooled. I knew you 19yrs ago……Nor be today..

54. Toto

August 26, 2013 at 7:50 am

if someone accuses you of stealing, you say YES or NO! … not i am consulting to come up with a robust reply, you might just be ROBUST LIAR!… shikena!.

55. Blacky

August 26, 2013 at 8:05 am

I choose to stand up for Pst Biodun. Not because I go to his church but because I am not gullible to believe this dumb story fashioned from the pit of hell as it is plagued with inconsistencies. First of all, Madam Ese how old are you? I want to believe that you are over 20 years. You say a man took advantage of you and manipulated you without a gun being pointed to your head. You claim that you had sexual intercourse with a man for over a week and opened your legs without a gun being pointed to your head. You claim that you paid a married man’s bills without a gun being pointed to your head. What does that make you? A woman of loose morale!!!! It is therefore not surprising that you would come up with this story. Well done for being so detailed….so emotional…so vulnerable….and yes, you have played the victim very well. You said you reported to the authorities. What were they supposed to do? Pay you to shut up? You made your point and I believe you should have allowed the Holy Spirit to heal your broken heart. However, you believe that your heart will be mended by social media. May social media console and may God judge us all

• Iwi

August 26, 2013 at 10:54 am

If you are a woman I’m ashamed of you. This girl has obviously Aiken responsibility fr her actions and her concern is about why the pastor shouldn’t. To whom much is given much is expected…and remember the bible states that teachers would be judged more ‘robustly’. Why is that in the congregation it is easy to judge and rebuke normal church members for wrong but men of God go free. Even in the cellular world and older man with as much responsibility as this man has would not go un-probed if he had an affair with someone under him, adult or not. If she was your daughter nko? That’s why Nigerian women are always at a disadvantage cause the women that should understand and stand for us support the men that take advantage of us. I’ve been a Christian for years. At the top of my mind can count 20 girls who have been abused (even if it’s simple goading) by men of God. They are burnt while the men of God move on to the next one and the reason they can is cause they know that if a girl comes out, she would be judged for talking as opposed to exposing the truth. What part of the bible says sin should be buried and not exposed? Ahhh didn’t the bible say the truth shall set you free? If the church members refused to listen, whats wrong if she decided to tell people on social who might listen and give her side a chance. Let women start shouting out their experiences so men of God too would be afraid when the want to have affairs. If they don’t fear God maybe bad publicity would do the trick abi? ‘in the last days people would have a sense of Godliness but deny it’s power’ says the bible. Enuf said!

• Iwi

August 26, 2013 at 10:56 am

If you are a woman I’m ashamed of you. This girl has obviously taken responsibility for her actions and her concern is about why the pastor shouldn’t. To whom much is given much is expected…and remember the bible states that teachers would be judged more ‘robustly’. Why is that in the congregation it is easy to judge and rebuke normal church members for wrong but men of God go free? Even in the secular world an older man with as much responsibility as this man has would not go un-probed if he had an affair with someone under him, adult or not. If she was your daughter nko? That’s why Nigerian women are always at a disadvantage cause the women that should understand and stand for us support the men that take advantage of us. I’ve been a Christian for years. At the top of my mind can count 20 girls who have been abused (even if it’s simple goading) by men of God. They are burnt while the men of God move on to the next one and the reason they can is cause they know that if a girl comes out, she would be judged for talking as opposed to exposing the truth. What part of the bible says sin should be buried and not exposed? Ahhh didn’t the bible say the truth shall set you free? If the church members refused to listen, whats wrong if she decided to tell people on social who might listen and give her side a chance. Let women start shouting out their experiences so men of God too would be afraid when the want to have affairs. If they don’t fear God maybe bad publicity would do the trick abi? ‘in the last days people would have a sense of Godliness but deny it’s power’ says the bible. Enuf said!

56. eesha

August 26, 2013 at 9:15 am

He should not beat about the bush, a simple yes or no, no need for any robust reply or any consultation (with who? Ifa priest?). I am sure those governmental, security and diplomatic people he claims have been calling him are his brothers in crime too. Very soon your South Africa escapade will come out. shioor!

57. Bunmi

August 26, 2013 at 9:19 am

This pastor shld jst go and ask for forgiveness from God for what he has done and stop fooling himself.

58. Specs

August 26, 2013 at 9:47 am

Passing by singing Lagbaja’s “simple yes or no”….

59. Okechukwu Ofili

August 26, 2013 at 9:56 am

You can’t even imagine those that have called me… I want to be discreet about it… Some are names from the third world .. Some are governmental people from the third World. Some are security people from the third World..and everybody is telling me “Don’t Talk!”. That is the painful part… because they are from the third world and you know me…I am a first world pastor.

• omoibo

August 26, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Ha! Dude, you’re so right! You forgot to add his third world congregation too!
      Even, I was called & advised by senator Nyerima since he’s versed in robust matters like this to stay silent & out of respect I’ve obliged him.

60. DREAL

August 26, 2013 at 9:58 am

People should remember that their Pastor is not Jesus Himself. He is man, made of flesh and bone and essentially weak in character. Nigerians especially have not learned to fess up, ask forgiveness ans work harder so as not to fall again. We all fall down, but what matters is that we don’t stay down, we get back up again.

I fear for us as Christians o!

God help us.

• slice

August 26, 2013 at 3:00 pm

if i were in his shoes, i would not confess …unless i was caught red handed or they have pics or something. not long ago, Atoke wrote an article and asked people if they’d confess to cheating. bellanaija.com/2013/08/15/bn-hot-topic-will-the-truth-really-set-you-free/. Most people said no. Why should this man confess? or is it possible that we actually do expect our pastors to be on a pedestal while we insist that they are just men like the rest of us. Mmmmm

• tm

August 27, 2013 at 2:20 pm

At first, I thought Blaky’s comment would push me to comment but no, yours did. Honestly, I understand your own point of view but I want to believe that the case of a serving pastor is different. He is a man of God, a lot of people (his congregation) expect a lot from him.
      I believe he owes his congregation more than “I’m consulting to give a robust reply”. That is rubbish! I understand that pastors are also human beings like us but it seems they forget most of the time that people look up to them.
      I’m not saying he should come out to say he did what he didn’t do but he should be truthful enough to answer simple yes or no!
      When some Israelites started a controversy against Moses, you know what he said? “if these people die a common death, then I’m not a true servant of God”. If Biodun just comes out to say “no, I did not sleep with these girls, God is my witness and He should do to me what He did to Ananias and Sapphiras if I’m lying”, people will stop talking. people are basically feeding him (through tithes and offerings), he owes those people an explanation!

61. Person

August 26, 2013 at 10:00 am

“I did not have sexual relations with Ese or any of the other women.” Infact, if you are so sure of the truth, you should add, “If I am lying, let God strike me dead”. But uhn uhn, you are consulting to come up with a robust reply. smh. Awon ti won ba oruko Olorun je (All those bringing God’s name into disrepute) All this one men businesses masquerading as churches. “Pente-rascal” churches like my father will say! Awon ole jati jati. The Kingdom of God has been turned into joke, a prosperity message here on earth. The God of the new testament is sooo patient ehn. Jesu ku suuru.

62. Curious Cat

August 26, 2013 at 10:02 am

robusted reply

63. mami

August 26, 2013 at 10:04 am

PLEASE THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE HE IS A PASTOR! THE BIBLE SAYSSSS LET YOUR YES BE YES AND YOUR NO BE NO. THIS IS A DISGRACE TO COZA ITSELF. NIGERIANS, WE ARE JUST A BRAINWASHED BUNCH. RELIGION HAS BRAINWASHED SO MANY! HE IS CLEARLY GUILTY AND FOR THAT REASON ALONE, HE SHOULD STEP DOWN! A TRUE MAN OF GOD WOULDNT ACT THIS WAY. FINISH!

64. Sunshine

August 26, 2013 at 10:55 am

When you place a man on the pedestal designed to be occupied by a greater being in your life, the anger and disappointment you are all using energy to express is what happens. Let us all take a second to accept responsibility for the idol worshiping we all engage in; of our spiritual, political and cultural leaders. When we forget that these people are who WE acknowledge them to be, MEN and not GODS. When we decide that a human being who eats, shits, sleeps, and buys recharge card, is like you and i, is not capable of corruption, then it is we the followers that have a problem. If he does ‘confess’ to being a shameless philanderer then what happens? The same people that are condemning him will find some convenient scriptural excuse let him have a free pass, whilst those he did with will be victimised for the rest of their lives. Let us all save ourselves the social media rants against a mere man, and focus instead on correcting the hypocrisy we as a society have made a part of us.

65. Olori

August 26, 2013 at 11:22 am

sayolori.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/new-school-or-old-school
    Go figure.

66. d baby

August 26, 2013 at 11:52 am

sorry to say but if this allegation was false this MOG should be bold enough to decree madness or ill health on the supposed accuser to prove that he doesn’t serve a God who can be mocked,and he should say if he did it let God strike him dead that’s how christianity as of old was done,not all these hocus pocus.

67. MoD

August 26, 2013 at 11:57 am

@ blacky walahi you are a big fool. Are you saying because Biodun (i refuse to call him pastor)didn’t put a gun to her head, what he did was right? Use your brain to think and not what Biodun is telling you!

68. Curious Cat

August 26, 2013 at 12:03 pm

i believe ESE and for those of you saying she went into hiding she just accepted my Friend request on face book , shame on the devil , shame on all pastor worshiping Nigerians she will come out stronger and better
    to pastor COZA the mill of GOD grind slowly but it Grinds Better Better Confess now that you still have the chance

• jcsgrl

August 26, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Curious Cat, you will live long. I have also connected with Ese as well. I laugh in pidgin at this man’s response. Sounds so much like Bishop Eddie long’s response a few years ago. Didn’t say yes or No just perambulating. But he settled out of court and the wife filed for divorce even though she withdrew it later on.
      For those who refuse to see the truth, just imagine if Ese was your daughter…just for a second. What will your response be? I rest my case.
      I already know how this will play out for Pst B and COZA but I know Ese will do great for herself. Oh one more thing, I spoke to a Pst who was very close to Pst Biodun at Rhema Chapel and he confirmed his philandering ways in Ilorin. They used to minister to him and talk to him when he will fall. but the Past thought he had stopped. Oh well!

• jinkelele

August 29, 2013 at 9:12 pm

69. Omo1

August 26, 2013 at 12:33 pm

NONSENSE!!!!!!

70. ForeverYoung

August 26, 2013 at 1:52 pm

After watching psst. Biodun’s preaching yesterday and looking at the pictures of coza-land and it’s people, I understand. It was like a veil was pulled away from my eyes, it’s a level of grace none of y’all can understand. I mean it’s powerfull. I then went back to look at Ese’s picture and noticed she’s wearing the devil’s colors , red and white, if you look at her head very well, you will see a horn-like protrusion, it’s the devil in heels. I shudder at the level of ignorance y’ll possess. Maybe one day you will attain a level of grace I have. After watching his message, god visited me and took me to Christian louboutin’s shoe closet, it was all white and beautiful. Imagine all the whiteness and red bottoms? god is good. he said my child , see all those red bottoms? you can have it all, one sunday you will wear it to coza to testify I visited you. Ahh I said I feel his spirit, he said he will visit me everyday at 12am for 730 days. So tonight I’m sleeping with my Ghana-must go bag ready to stuff it with red bottoms. It’s the level of grace……..ahhhhhh…….eisshhhhh….it’s the level……..we talked a lot about other things. Amongst them was that I will find a robust amount in my account I haven’t worked for, he also said that god will visit all’ou (in davido’s voice) that he is better than all’ou and so are cozaties….let me stop here….the level of grace is telling me to keep quiet…..it pain me , it pain me….. I will consult him more tonight…..eiissssshh

• ForeverYoung

August 26, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Red and black I meant, you see it’s the level of grace…..it has taken over my keyboard…..

• d baby

August 26, 2013 at 3:29 pm

lame!thou shall not blasphame

• ForeverYoung

August 26, 2013 at 4:25 pm

If it’s me, I know what to say to you, but ” they” said I should not talk.
      But if you don’t want to enter hell fire, flee from me.
      May the force be with you.

71. Ima

August 26, 2013 at 2:50 pm

This man is a comedian

72. Curious Cat

August 26, 2013 at 3:25 pm

forever young you just killed me laughter i swear

73. d baby

August 26, 2013 at 3:38 pm

lame!thou shall not blasphame

74. Jamce

August 26, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Please Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo and COZA should respond to the allegations in a short statement of whether or not Ese`s story is true. There is no need for a long essay from spin doctors. The allegation as stated by Ese is quite straight forward. Please shame the devil with the truth so that you join the camp of Christ whom you preach. Don’t play the devil`s manipulative game of hide and seek. It would not work. If it is not true, please say so in clear terms. If it is true admit it to clear your conscience, repent genuinely by stepping down from the pulpit with an apology to your congregation to go and seek God`s face and be restored. This is what David did in the case of Bathsheba and Uriah`s murder. Continued attempts to hide the truth will definitely lead you into committing more sins of greater dimensions. Don`t let the pride of your position as General Overseer lead you on the path of perdition. I pray that God will give you the grace to do the right thing.

75. gugu

August 26, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I believe that all men are equal in the eyes of God, and what happened in this case is unfortunate and a shame . By no means do I support the pastor’s actions (the Lord have mercy on us all) but I do not see the girl as a victim. I do not believe she was abused as she claims either, rather It was a consensual relationship between two adults. She should have listened to her intuition when he invited her upstairs, damn! she should have ran for her dear life when he told her to sit on his laps. But no, she did not. She wanted it as much as he wanted it. In the moments of romping, they were not Pastor and church member again, they were two ordinary people lost in the passion of the moment. Its a pity that there are lots of charlatans in ministry, (what can I say,its the end time)and it is not in my place to judge both parties, it is God who is the ultimate judge. My take is both parties should ask God for his grace and mercy if truly they are sorry for what they have done, He is a merciful God, and He only sees our innermost thoughts and heart.
    Social media cannot give either of them peace or closure, He alone can give peace that surpasses every understanding.
    As for every judge out there, remember in the eyes of God, there is no big sin or small sin. Sin is sin, and some of us have done worse things so as the bible says “let he/she without sin cast the first stone”
    Signed: lady sitting on the fence.

76. gugu

August 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm

A lesson for young and old Christians, we go to church to worship God, and not the Pastor, and on the last day, its every man for himself. So, always pray for the grace in your daily walk with God.

77. Kem

August 26, 2013 at 5:05 pm

hmmm……. and tomorrow they say catholics are worshipping MARY. they rather honour the mother of Our Saviour who is without sin than worship man. I had the same experience with a pastor when i was in high school, deceived my mum that he is praying for me but rather abusing me sexually, it was until i opened up that even my sisters and cousins also opened up. He is guilty!!!!! and i dont blame the Ese girl, it was until i opened up to my sisters that i found peace and was able to confront the man any day.

• Iris

August 26, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Can I LOVE this comment?! These are the same people that keep accusing Catholics of worshipping Mary. Yet to them there is obviously no way this dude can be wrong. After all he is a pastor. You cannot even criticise him and tell him to confess and then forgive and encourage him. This thing is bigger than Ese Walters or Franca or any other woman who may or may not come forth. It is well.

78. Blacky

August 26, 2013 at 5:22 pm

@ Iwi and MoD…..I believe you are sensible adults who should employ respect when addressing others. For the records, I am a lady and I do not attend Coza as I do not live in Nigeria. My point is this. Ese claims that she was manipulated because she revered her Pst. If she did in actual fact, she should have dished out a couple of slaps when he made advances at her. After all she was alone and there is no evidence of physical coercion from her story. What is more disturbing is that she continued to sleep with a married man for over a week. Am not fooled by her reasons to come out clean. First she said she reported to the authorities and didn’t get a favourable response. Secondly, she said people from the church were giving her attitude after which she left the church. It is for these reasons that she strikes me as an attention seeker. Where she doesn’t get attention, she throws tantrums.

I am taking this stance because I am reminded of Moses in the bible in Numbers 12. He married a wife from Ethopia and his siblings – Aaron and Miriam mummered. The bible did not say that Moses heard their murmuring. The bible records that God himself heard it. God’s anger was kindled and Miriam became leprous. Now what am I trying to say? Let us not stand as judges over men of God. If Pst Biodun is guilty, God himself would judge him. Remember Moses did not enter the promised land and this was a result of several things. God used Moses as a conduit to take the children of isreal into the promised land but he didn’t go in himself. It’s the same way God uses Pastors as a conduit to reach him people on earth. It is the place of the Pastor to first be a partaker of the grace on his life or act only as a conduit.

Am particularly upset by this because it is a ploy from the pit of hell to shift the focus of God’s people from the essential things to the mundane things. This calls for sober reflection….we should be concious that the end is near. God will judge us all….even for our idle words

• jinkelele

August 29, 2013 at 9:24 pm

been there done that, these things always have a trail. Its his weakness and since his pride and the idol worship he craves have refused to let him hear word. Finally someone who refuses to be QUIET has declared it to the whole world Ese will be fine. This is just the beginning may this help other women trapped and fooled to stop being willing participants. This her public confession is GODs sober reflection and I can assure you henceforth it wont continue.

79. Jay

August 26, 2013 at 6:25 pm

He slept with her. I f you go to COZA just decide whether this is a dealbreaker for you or not. If it’s not a dealbreaker, keep going to COZA. There’s no need to deny that he did it. Dazall.

80. Miss Mosi

August 26, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Does pst biodun knows Ese Walter if yes then the story is true…..in other blog a gal actually agreed dat she was molested by the same Pst.then again who am I to judge

81. nicole

August 26, 2013 at 8:35 pm

she’s all smiling. Ese the heroine . hian

82. Black Girl

August 26, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Off course he did it no long thing

83. Alex

August 26, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Here is my First post on this matter, Everyone has an opinion on a matter they don’t know anything about. Judging Ese or the Pastor? no one knows what happened no matter how you look or whose side you are on… one person’s words don’t justify the truth of this matter. this can be one of 3 things :
    1. The Truth
    2. Blackmail
    3. Setup
    IF its the truth let Ese put all the evidence she said she has online just as she has confessed to have, not by words alone. Anyone can accuse another person of anything. That way the Pastor don’t even need to prove he is innocent.
    cos the world can see.
    And If it is blackmail even though that will be add to prove but God sees all and Judges all and will eventually repay all.
    We have all been quick to Judge both of them and we don’t even know the facts.
    Lies or truth… God Dey

84. Me

August 27, 2013 at 12:07 am

Please find an excerpt from a blog by Pastor J of God’s House below. You can read the full article at
    otunbatoba.blogspot.com
    “My sole purpose in writing this piece is to open the eyes of the world and believers to the hypocrisy and nonsense behind the pulpit, and to plea that these wolves and blind men stop deflating the faith of people who Christ died for. I am a Pastor, a full time minister at that, and I shall not sit back while the name of my God, the ministry, and the works of other shepherds is brought to disrepute by the activities, action and inaction of a few blind men behind the pulpit. I am tired of the nonsense of religion crying out, “touch not my anointed”; does this mean we cannot rebuke ourselves when we err, this much Paul did to Peter when he erred in Galatians 2:11 “But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed”. It is therefore pertinent that I rebuke the wolves in shepherd’s clothing’s. It is time to set the record straight, and please don’t sell me the bullocks of judge not, I haven’t said anyone is going to hell, but of course if they don’t change, they have only one path.

It is high time we told the truth, which is plain, simple and without coloration. The stories of Franca and Ese is not only true but they are just a few tales of the tantalizing sex escapades of this clergy. This has been a recurring decimal in the ministry of the clergyman. This wasn’t the first time these stories will come forth, for those old COZA members, for those who were there when he was in Ilorin, when the church moved to Pipeline Road, Ilorin, having left Kwara Hotel, they will remember there was a time when the Pastor was suspended from ministering by his Father in the Lord, Rev Oset of Canaan Ministries. Rev. Oset sent guest ministers to the church every Sunday after that, but still Pastor B in his deceit will still minister in the pretence of introducing the guest minister, while he exhorts for minutes. I therefore laugh in mockery when He says his wife loves him, the woman has no choice. His core circle of Pastor Wole (Ilorin Chapter, the only man who maybe clean), and Pastor Flo (COZA, Lagos) knows of this fact, little wonder Ese said Pastor Flo said he knows about their adventures in that hotel room in London.”

85. K-ci

August 27, 2013 at 1:44 am

“For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.”
    Isaiah 9:16

“Let them alone: they be leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.”
    Matt 15:14

I was going to be silent on this sad, pathetic but true (in many shades) allegation against Pastor B and his popular and trendy ministry. My silent was borne out of respect for the kingdom of God and things that pertain to God. But all this changed when I heard the horrific tales of people who had been through the mess of this blind man, and the fact that he had no moral motivation to deny or accept the allegation; all he showed on Sunday was a demented swagger and perverse talk.

This is not the story of a hater; I don’t want or envy anything he has. He cannot ever have what I have and carry; neither do I crave for what he has. I am sure no one in the city of Ilorin, where this man started is bemused by these stories, no one who finished from the University of Ilorin during the period of 2003-2008, and was not a blinded COZA member can be mightily shocked at these revelations. I have heard tales of many more victims, I even heard from a woman who knows five friends who were victims, I saw it online the other day of a guy who said he formally works for him and he knows up to 130 people, outrageous as it may sound that too is true. Rev Oset in true conscience cannot deny the knowledge of these negatives. But we are a nation of hypocrites and religious folks; we ask no questions of leaders, so they can hide under the canopy of religion, even when they are filthy. Anyone who asks is rebuked by those who say, the bible says pray. It is sad that those who say pray themselves have not prayed. But Pastor B is just a decimal in an ever mounting number of wolves in the Church of Christ.

Someone told me yesterday that this can’t be the end of him and his tyranny, because even in Ilorin in those days, the allegation was rolled under the rug. On Sunday, August 25, 2013, the man leading certain blind men under the veil of religion and ‘spiritism’ said God told him not to say anything, he then said they are preparing a robust response. Who is fooling who? We must not keep quiet and watch the bride of Christ, the church, rubbed and undignified in mud and slime by a filthily rich pastor who thinks he can do anything and get away with it.

It is a pity that we run sensational press and media outfit in this country, and that our press is blinded by religion. If this were to be ‘saner’ climes the press would by now be researching, there would by now be investigative journalism. The truth would be dogged up and resurrected to life. For this is not about a mistake that a Pastor made, it is about a filthy man’s way of life.

And then about, “teaching a new level of grace’; please be reminded that Grace is not a license to sin, rather it empowers us to live above sin. Romans 6:1-2 says, “What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” In my years of being a Christian, studying God’s word, preaching the gospel, listening to sound teachers, I have not heard of a grace that gives permission to sin. Stop being deceived, grace is the new dispensation, according to Hebrew 8:6-12, and under grace we do not follow any written code, law or traditions. That is done away with. The tablet of Moses is over with. But we are not reckless sinners; we are under a new covenant based on better promises. God’s law is written in our minds and hearts. We live according to His dictates. The Holy Spirit and our conscience convicts and judges us respectively. This is the only way we live a holy life. God’s strength and empowerment is the grace to do according to that written by God in our hearts and minds.

I write this with a heavy heart, though I wish I never had to write this, but I pray this madness stops. I know many who have stopped going to church, many whose faith has been derailed by the act of madness of this man, and many blind men like him. If they are not going to heaven, let them stop taking men out of the straight and narrow. No one understands the pain in meeting a man, whose faith has been derailed by a man who was supposed to help establish him. For such a man, words can’t bring him back, the best we can do is to pray and hope. I indulge the clergy to be of a higher moral standard.

My candid advice to the church at this end time is that the church must grow in knowledge; it’s high time we stopped bamboozling you. You must stop making idols of men. You must stop making men such as I, substitute for the Holy Ghost. Honour us; revere us… but that is where it ends. Without the Call, the Oil, and the Holy Spirit; we are mere mortal. But know for sure that this too shall pass; only the truth of the Gospel of the Kingdom abides forever.

For Pastor B and his sense making COZA people, remember the word of Christ in Matthew 15:14. How many of you even live life bearing the fruit of righteousness. Stop being blind, the ditch is close by. Look into this case, ask your pastor questions, seek genuine answers and not emotional rhetoric’s, hold him responsible, and do not forget the word of God, “then shall they know if they follow to know…” I am sure evidence abound. Seek to know from some key PCU members (who may need to be deposited in Gods ICU). Its time you hear not only about grace, but HOLINESS without which no one will see the Lord.

Finally don’t bother praying against me, I can say like Paul, “For me to die is gain, to live is Christ”, but I cannot even go now, because I am yet to fully finish the task set before me. Don’t waste your time using misguided scriptural interpretation. This I write is true, and I am sorry if you don’t like it. Your Pastor, and every other wolf whose conscience is not seared knows it is the complete true.

God bless you.
    God bless His Church.

God bless Nigeria

From
    Pastor J
    God’s House

• slice

August 27, 2013 at 2:14 pm

O olord this is still the same story. Where is all the proof. We need proof. The more pple talk without proof, the more it looks like false accusation o

• Jane Akpan

June 28, 2019 at 4:18 pm

Pastor J, I had the opportunity to read your comment some 6 years after. Thank you for this write-up which assessed the issue at hand.

86. Jamce

August 27, 2013 at 10:00 am

@ K-ci, this is awesome. Great interpretation and application of the truth of the gospel of grace given to us by our Lord Jesus Christ. Grace is not a license to dwell in sin but to live a holy life unto God. I know of another funky man of God around the Oregun axis in Lagos who is using a twisted interpretation of “grace” to beguile ladies into warming his bed. The tragedy is that those who say they are seeking God or are born again do not want seek to know God through His word but seek only the excitement of devilish motivational speakers parading themselves as men of God. God help us all and deliver us from the ravenous wolves in sheeps clothing.

87. tm

August 27, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I wasn’t shocked when I read this story cos I grew up in a church that I believe is one of the headquarters of hypocrites; I mean, a senior pastor and junior pastor fighting over a midwife in the same parish (all married o) and then the same people will start pointing fingers at people who wear jewelry as sinners.
    Ehn ehn, Ese Walters, I’m not saying you lied or told the truth but since you claimed you have proof, please provide the proof and let’s see if Biodun’s reply will get more robust.
    This story reminds me of our senior chaplain when I was in school; he impregnated a student (private Christian university fa) and the school wanted to do hush-hush until parents started writing in and complaining. the school told us he has been dismissed, only for them to recall him after all the sets that knew about the incident had graduated from the school. it was when the pregnancy case happened that a lot of people started saying that that wasn’t his first time.
    MORAL: no matter how hidden you think a sin is, God will uncover it one day especially if you lie through the name of God every time. You mount the pulpit every day and think within yourself that “nobody knows what is going on”, guess what? God knows! I know of a particular popular MOG who doesn’t travel anywhere without his wife, when he was asked why; he said so as to avoid temptation.
    Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, I wanted to give you a benefit of doubt before cos I’m a “don’t judge people” person but this ROBUST REPLY ish just pushed me.
    You should be ashamed of yourself for saying “we are consulting to come up with a robust reply” Haba! Paito! As a shepherd of so many people, how would you feel if it was one of your members that was in your shoe and when you ask him, he tells you “I’m consulting to give a robust reply”.
    And who cares about the people you know in first world? Really, you’re just digging the hole deeper!

88. Sophie

August 28, 2013 at 11:06 am

Robust Reply indeed!! Did u sleep with her or not?? To the ladies who exposed this man, THUMBS UP! Im Glad God almighty is at work exposing the wolves in sheep clothing.

89. rachel

August 28, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Dear Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, thank you for being a man after God’s own heart. I don’t care what the world thinks or what they don’t think… All that matters is the exploit you are doing for God and how many lives has been won to the kingdom of God. Persecutions will most definitely arise, but greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world. Who is he that speaketh and it comes to pass when the Lord has not commanded? No weapon fashioned against you and Coza will prosper and every tongue that rises up against you is already condemned. Keep doing what you do best and watch the Lord fight your battles. Coza is unstoppable and i’m so behind you. Christ rules in Coza.

The world will definitely hate you because you do not belong to it. Thank you for heeding to God’s call the day you did, because God has used you to change my life and He’s still using you. Me being a member of COZA is going to make you proud and because of me, the world is going to envy you. So I say thank you for loving God, thank you for being selfless and so compassionate, thank you for being kind, thank you for being humble, thank you for loving Coza, thank you for making God proud. You are one in a billion, and in you all the families of the earth will be blessed. You give me hope in ways I can’t even imagine, and even when I don’t feel God, all I have to do is slot in one of your CD’s and hear God speak to me through you. God has put His words in your mouth and hidden you safely in His hands and He says you belong to Him. So fear not, if God be for you, who in the world can be against you? because as surely as His new heavens and Earth will remain, so will you always be God’s person with a name that will never disappear and this too shall surely pass. Dear Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, I love you and be rest assured that Coza faithful members loveS you too. I believe in you and you are going to change the world and teach the world what it means to love God.

I CELEBRATE YOU JESUS, I CELEBRATE YOU PASTOR B, I CELEBRATE COZA…

90. raxe

August 28, 2013 at 3:28 pm

God bless coza

91. Truth Teller

August 28, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I’m reading a world of spiteful comments here. people have chosen not to be objective , rather most of the commenters here have taken the judgement seat of God. who are any of us to judge anyone , especially the pastor that’s being bashed here? Are any of you going to force the confession down his throat. We all stand here, glaring at what is happening in the body of Christ as if it’s a good thing. we’ve read Ese’s side of the story and The pastor’s guilty, but does he owe that explanation to anyone ranting here and spitting fire?We all do wrong, both in the eyes of God and man, yet seek for soft landing, pardon and forgiveness when guilty, but are quick to point accusing fingers at others, typical example of what the Pharisees would have done. I’m not supporting Pastor Biodun’s act, but for heaven’s sake, DID HE FORCE ESE?NO! Ese had every reason to slap this man or even kick his balls, but no. She had a whole week of marathon sex with a Pastor, a married man and she calls that abuse?seriously???was she hypnotized?The fact remains that the two of them were wrong (according to Ese’s side of the story,we’re still waiting for the robust reply to conclude the other part)who knows, we may all be spitting fire in vain because God has forgiven them , and they’ve moved on with their lives.Ese’s aim is OBVIOUSLY to bring this man down , as well as his ministry.Does his weakness mean he lacks the grace to preach?No. Does it make COZA an unholy place to worship?NO. David was called the man after God’s heart by God himself, despite all his PAST atrocities so cut the silly comments. Women should wisen up. there ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for sitting on his laps, kissing him, and then going all the way to have 1 week of uninterrupted sex with him,oh please! I hope people have learnt a great lesson here that man is man, no matter the title attached to them and God is God and remains supreme.

92. Missy

August 29, 2013 at 12:21 pm

pastor Biodun is guilty as sin itself it is indeed sad to know that other men of God know about this issue and hv decided to stay silent about it. Today is Thursday still no robust reply he better have a written apology on or before Sunday cos if he steps on that pulpit to preach I hv a feeling all hell will break loose this one fellow men of God coming out to out him. I feel sorry for the wife n kids d shame she must be going thru.

93. Ft

August 29, 2013 at 7:09 pm

@truth teller David was a man after Gods heart but God dint let him build a house to the name and presence of the lord, why cos God told him he had shed much blood and had waged great wars on earth in Gods sight. In as much as David was a man after Gods heart, God did not condone his sins. What happened after he committed adultery with bathsheba, he tried to hide it by plotting to kill uriah bathsheba’s husband which he succeeded 2samuel 11:14-18 thereafter taking bathsheba has his wife which was evil in Gods eyes 2Samuel 11: 26-27. What did God say to him? In 2 samuel 12:9 God said why have you despised the commandment of the lord doing evil in his sight. frm 2samuel 12: 10-12 God told his punishment with verse 12 saying: For you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel and before the sun. And in verse 13 David confessed his sins to Nathan Saying 13 I have sinned against the Lord. And Nathan said to David, The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die.
    In all of these was God angry with bathsheba? No why because david as a man after Gods heart took advantage the anointing on him(as king which is an abuse of power) and had his way with her which was a great SIN against God. Assuming the story is true, Since you and so many Coza members have equated pb to David(the man after Gods heart) I ll equate Ese(though not married) to Bathseba. david saw bathseba bathing inquired about her and asked his servant to get her, PB saw ese in his church and asked one of the workers to call her and he made her a worker in PCU,kept her close enough to study her and probably realised how weak she was, and when she was living naija he insisted she kept in touch so that he can help her with her christian race. She obeyed pb(the anointed man of God) and kept in touch.pb knew she revere him and she will not refuse anything he asked her to do that’s why he called her and asked her to do the hotel reservation and get the Cab to pick him up at heathrow.he got to london and he called her to come to his hotel, she obeyed the anointed man of God when she got there he asked her to Come up to his room and once again she obeyed. and we all know the end of the story.
    Bathsheba was brought to david, she had no choice than to obey the kings orders. David lay with her, she could have said No considering that she was a married woman but am sure she feared the King and let him have his way.
    Ese could have refused pb but she froze, this was a man she looked up to like many other Coza members do.
    Was bathsheba Abused? Yes why cos david used his authority has king to get her
    Was Ese Abused? Yes why cos pb as an anointed man of God saw her weakness and took advantage of her.
    Did God punish bathseba? No instead God gave her a son who became a king and the wisest Man ever. So u die hard Coza members and all you who are like Ese is a disgrace to womanhood, can we also say bathsheba was a disgrace to womanhood just because she dint say No?
    If Ese’s story is true, PB needs to stand on the altar of God and publicly ask for forgiveness since the story is everywhere and just like david God ll forgive and his anointing might also increase. If not for anything but
    for the sake of the church as whole which is the body of christ and not his property.

94. Ijeoma

August 30, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I tire for this pastor o! First he say everybody is telling him not to talk and that’s the painful thing. Next he say them ask and God say make he keep quiet. Next he say they r consulting for robust reply….shuuuuuuu? Which one we wan take now? We should all know that God is not a man oooooo! Hmmmm

95. Ismaila Katakore

August 30, 2013 at 10:38 pm

lol only in Naija can someone bring forth accusations that will be swallowed entirely without a shred of evidence. hahaha. Watch out for my own confession next week where I reveal sexcapades with the first lady. hehehe…. don’t be so gullible

96. Esthee Kalu

September 3, 2013 at 10:12 am

i have personally washed my hands off this case. why are we all concerned about this issue. it is her words against his. you dont know the conclusion of a matter until you have heard from both sides, that is what a wise person will do. let God be the judge of this matter. like Jesus said, “let him without sin be the first to cast a stone”. PB has been a blessing to my life…the gift of God is without repentance. whether he did it or not, pls let us go about our normal business and let God handle.

• Idak

September 23, 2013 at 10:12 am

Since Jesus said that he that is without sin,should be the first to cast a stone and we need to hear two sides of the story before speaking I have a few questions for you;
      1.) I hope you never judge anyone in this life. Else you are a hypocrite and of all men most miserable. Next time you judge a whore, a thief or any of the plenty celebs on this blog,just remember that you are a hypocrite and misery is your portion.

2.) If same drama played out and one of the actors was an ordinary church member and not the pastor,will you response be same?

3.) If I was a member of COAZ and a sister reported me like Ese has reported the pastor,if i choose to take ages to prepare a robust response, i hope the pastor will withhold his judgement and pastoral discipline until i do so?

4.) It is not her word against his. It is her word against his arrogant deafening silence.

Finally,while the gift of God is without repentance,it is not a license to abuse God’s grace. What God has used the pastor’s life to achieve is irrelevant in the scheme of things.
      Every sane person knew that nothing was going to come out of this matter. Na naija style.

97. Blessmyheart

September 23, 2013 at 9:22 am

And we are still waiting for the robust reply

• Idak

September 23, 2013 at 10:13 am

You are on a long thing. You go wait tire. The spirit has willed otherwise.

98. CurvesAndEdges

September 26, 2015 at 10:58 pm

And we continue to wait……