News

OAP Matse Uwatse Nnoli confirms Exit from Nigeria Info FM & Reveals She’s Expecting her First Child – Read the Official Release

BellaNaija.com

Matse Uwatse - September 2013 - BellaNaija (2)

Earlier this month, multiple sources revealed to BellaNaija.com that media personality Matse Uwatse Nnoli had been fired from Nigeria Info.

The media personality was a host at Wazobia FM, before moving on to Nigeria Info – also owned by AIM Consultants.

The BN Team reached out to the radio station which cited “No Comment” on the issue.

Matse who is one of Nigeria’s most prominent radio personalities, has been silent about the alleged termination of her job.

Today, she has sent us an official press release on the issue and also confirmed she is expecting her first child with her hubby Ekemelu Bertram Nnoli. The couple tied the knot on Saturday 13th July 2013. (Click here to read)

Read the release;

Dear all, compliments of the day to you.
I believe a lot of you must have heard of the recent termination of my job as an OAP (On Air Personality) on 99.3 Nigeria Info Fm. Well, it is true.

I have read on several blogs that I was sacked for being arrogant, rude etc. Even recently that I lacked discipline. If I lacked discipline, I wouldn’t be successful in my career. I believe discipline, integrity and honesty goes hand in hand with true success. Ask those who have met and known me and they will tell you that this is what I live for. I am not perfect, I have made mistakes but who is perfect?

I prefer to be silent on matters like this but since silence is assumed to be consent, I will not consent to my hard earned reputation being dragged to the gutters. I worked too hard for it.

On the 2nd of September 2013 while on admission at First Consultant Medical Centre, Lagos. I received an email while on my sick bed, announcing my termination. Honestly, I was not angry but a bit shocked. I had been too sick lately due to my pregnancy and was not at my best but I expected my company to be supportive of me. Yes, I wanted them to be supportive of me because I had worked hard over the years to bring them much glory.

I know that I will see all sorts of articles and comments to discredit me but I simply ask this of you all. If you have ever met me and I was unpleasant to you, feel free to vent but If you don’t know the real me and all you have heard are insinuations, hold your peace.

I love people and always wish them well. My mentees and honest colleagues will testify to this.I love progress because I believe the sky is big enough for all the birds to fly. AIM Consultants. I am not mad at you. I believe when one door closes, another one opens. I have served you well over the years, brought you accolades. So please, let me go in peace and insiders in the Organisation who do not like guts should not use it as an opportunity to tear me down. I am a good person and YOU
ALL KNOW THIS!

God bless AIM Consultants, I learnt a lot from you and I am grateful. God bless us all!
Matse Uwatse Nnoli

1. eniola

September 20, 2013 at 12:53 pm

*raised eyebrow*

2. Mary

September 20, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Words so touching

3. That african chic

September 20, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I believe it’s some of her colleagues at work spreading these fake rumors. I like your spirit and your mindset and I believe you would recover from this unfortunate situation with better opportunities.
    lifeofanafricanimmigrant.blogspot.com

4. faith

September 20, 2013 at 1:14 pm

well i don’t know you personally matse but i must say u did well by releasing this statement. you will definitely get a better work place and i really wish you never left wazobia.. wishing u a successful childbirth

• goldfinch

September 20, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I think Wazobia fm, Nigeria info and Cool fm are all owned by AIM abi?

5. merci

September 20, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Ehya,I love you matse!!! You will get a better and bigger job opurtunity! That’s for sure!

6. Phatymah

September 20, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Mature…me like

7. Snazzy

September 20, 2013 at 1:41 pm

D sky is just your starting point. Take it easy and enjoy the most awesome life changing months of your life . Happy 9months prego jony.

8. mdevaan

September 20, 2013 at 1:45 pm

interesting….

9. Abi0la

September 20, 2013 at 1:49 pm

When one door closes, another will definitely open -and quickly too if you are good and talented.

Get well soon and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

biolaleye.blogspot.com

10. Matse, ride on people will always talk or try to discredit you

11. Me2me

September 20, 2013 at 1:58 pm

First thing first, I will like to know if she was the lady on air a day after the pope made a statement about gay people? If she was then she had it coming, if she wasn’t please have a safe delivery and afterwards a Job will come.

I must add that cool FM on-air per….. need to be trained, extremely rude individuals.

12. Orimolade akinola Olanrewaju

September 20, 2013 at 2:08 pm

That is her own side of the story, so let AIM Consultant give theirs too bcos to me she’s one of my favorite OAP when she was @ Wazobia FM

13. mimi

September 20, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I really liked Matse when she was with Wazobia FM. Her brand of pidgin was something else, way better than Lolo’s but then she switched to Naija Info and Matse changed. She became rude to callers cutting them off in mid-sentence, asking for their opinions and when they call, she begins to argue with them(on top their credit o). Even when a caller drops, if Matse does not agree with the caller,she continues to ridicule the caller on air, calling him/her such names as ignorant,backward, etc. It was so bad that on a particualr day,one caller actually raked for her on air! That did not portray her as a professional OAP at all. There’s even a thread on Nairaland with regards to Matse’s rudeness on air. I love Matse as a presenter. I have always loved her since the days of Wazobia FM but please Matse, work on your self. The audience are part of the reason why you do your job and if they are not happy and keep complaining, your employers would definitely take actions which is what I’m sure happened in this instance. Hope you become better and I wish you a safe delivery.

14. Spice

September 20, 2013 at 2:47 pm

@me2me,I agree with you. The OAPs are extremely rude,I wonder ow they still get people 2 spend their airtime calling them. Coolfm and Wazobia fm,pls train ur OAPs to be respectful.

15. Robos

September 20, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Only in Nigeria…..this can occur because they wont get slammed by a lawsuit. So she may have been rude, what do u call Freeze? “Rudest”
    Was she given a warning letter? Query or even suspended? What did she have in her file that lead to termination?
    Typical for many indigenous owned companies or international companies operating in Nigeria they take the “mikey”….There should be a trend before one’s appointment is terminated. The decision was made easier because she was pregnant and would go on maternity leave soon. Just like my company that pays half salary for maternity….
    Enjoy your pregnancy girl and good luck for the future!

• lilz

September 20, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Freeze is certainly the rudest..he should win an award for that. i stopped listening to cool fm cos i just cant stand their rudeness its extremely irritating

16. Onele

September 20, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Well well well me i would say that those people are reallyt sacking their workers check out CINDY of cool fm she is no more their again

17. Singing in the rain

September 20, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Totally agree. Cool FM presenters are THE WORST! Dotun and Freeze definitely take the cake. Ridiculous!

18. komolafe mayowa

September 20, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Tears rolled down my chicks when I heard all you went through Matse, believe me, you are the best, thou I’ve never met you but, I know I will one day. Keep doing good and never listen to the bad eggs, we love you always. Best things are on the way for you.

19. Sabio

September 20, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Please let’s tell Matshe the truth about her self. She is very rude and arrogant while on air. I cannot turn to Nigeria info when ever Matshe is on air. She is just annoying.

• kate

October 3, 2013 at 4:10 pm

mimi is absolutely right, she is very rude, arrogant and never agree with any opinion that doesnt suit hers.Its a shame that she has to learn this way,am sure the establishment would have given her some queries but she didnt change so the sack, the truth is her establishment cannot scak her if she was very relevant. if you are relevant and you are sick, then they have no option than to mange you cos they know what they will loss by letting you go.its a shame Matse that you have to leave this way, please mend you ways if you must succede

20. Madman

September 20, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Who are these people…. Seriously? ….

21. slice

September 20, 2013 at 9:54 pm

she may have been whatever, but it’s a little insensitive to fire a pregnant woman (or anyone ) who is in the hospital and via e-mail as well. that’s just bad PR. Who made such an amateur decision

22. prosol

September 21, 2013 at 10:46 pm

i think mimi is very correct…there was really a drastic change in matse’s presentation, when she left wazobia fm…i initially thought it was d rule of d station, but her’s was unbearable, as for freeze, he insults u in a funny way, that makes every one happy…i think matse’s employers just got d perfect opportunity…

23. vistally

September 22, 2013 at 8:41 pm

wen eva they talk I hear pride in their voice ..both naija info and cool fm

24. THANKGOD OKEKE

February 7, 2014 at 4:31 pm

THAT IS TOO BAD.THOSE WHO CONDEM HER ARE NOT REALISTIC COS ONLY GOD IS PERFECT. MATSE HAS DONE WELL AS A PRESENTER.

25. Emeka

May 4, 2015 at 7:34 pm

Chuks Ene this after at the Chocolate Royale cafe lousily said he will deal with on Fola as he dealt with Matse and one of their colleagues replied him that “And stupidly the said Matse was innocently believing you are the best not knowing your intention for licking the ass of the Lebanese is to ruin the career of your colleagues “