Music

D’banj: “I Would Love to Have Genevieve as My Wife…She’s a Treasure”

Genevieve_DBanj-360x600

Now this a wedding we will love and hope to see.

On Wednesday 9th October 2013, media agency BlackHouse Media hosted D’banj as well as Chidinma, Seyi Shay, Vector, Phyno and Show Dem Camp as well as media personalities at its office in Lagos.

The media parley was to kick-off the 2013 Hennessy Artistry show.

Punch Newspaper‘s Jayne Augoye was present at the conference. She spoke to Bangalee on the upcoming show, celebrating 10 years in the music industry and Don Jazzy.

He also spoke on his relationship with Nollywood star Genevieve Nnaji.

Read Excerpts from the interview;
On being romantically linked to Genevieve: Apart from the fact that she is my friend, she has been a part of my success. There is no way you are going to tell my story that Genevieve’s name will not come up because she featured in my biggest song of all time, Fall in Love. So if E! True Story comes to Nigeria to interview me, she will definitely be called upon to tell my story.

On possible dating: I would love to have Genevieve as my wife. We never can tell what God plans for us in the future. I have studied her and I realised that anyone that has her as his woman has found himself a treasure. Just like the Bible says, any man who finds a wife, finds a good thing.

On Don Jazzy: If I say I don’t miss Don Jazzy, I am lying. I have spent the better part of my career with him. I was married to him in a way (laughs). So I miss everything about Mo’Hits: the family, the movement, and the vibe of being in the studio with him. I miss the jokes and the arguments, but I have since keyed into the notion that nothing can stop a moving train.

Nevertheless we can always do music together. The track, ‘Top of the World’ was produced by a Grammy Award Winner. The songs ‘Finally’ and ‘Don’t Tell Me Nonsense’ was produced by my producer while ‘Oliver Twist’ was produced by Don Jazzy. So, why won’t I have him on my 10 years anniversary album?

To read more on the interview, click here

Photos from the press conference

D'banj & Chidinma

D’banj & Chidinma

Phyno

Phyno

Seyi Shay

Seyi Shay

Ghost, Teq, Chidinma, Vector, Seyi Shay, Dbanj & J Sol

Ghost, Teq, Chidinma, Vector, Seyi Shay, Dbanj & J Sol

1. Vee

October 11, 2013 at 10:23 am

Ehya….this one na love nwantinti. He’s been saying this for years. Why wont Genny give in? lol I feel for him. As for his relationship with Don baba J. I think they need to make up. They could be really amazing together, afterall they once were!

• dinky

October 11, 2013 at 11:26 am

its about Don Jazzy again…..*yawwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn*

• kachi

October 11, 2013 at 11:27 am

You have said it all 🙂 I sha felt goose bumps as I read d part he talked bout DJ,I miss them both as if I knew them personally b4

2. Hurpeyeahmie

October 11, 2013 at 10:26 am

What are you waiting for? put a RING on her finger sharperly jare

3. Mariaah

October 11, 2013 at 10:29 am

Mahn Chidinman is so cute!! But what is she wearing!! I know I have this “wear your biggest looking work shirt” sometimes but I never look this terrible (I hope not!)

I wish she even tried to pair it with proper skinny jeans and sky-high heels.

Meanwhile, I only see my OLANREWAJU AKA the presser of my mumu-button, AKA the Vector to my Scalar.. Heyyy boo… <3 SMH..

Dbanj&Genny, I'd drink to that.. I actually think they will make a great couple (alter-bound oo pls) !! 😀

• Bling

October 11, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Sister, did you write Chidinma (God is good) as ChidinMAN (cause she sends out a masculine vibe) on purpose. Just asking.

• Mariaah

October 11, 2013 at 5:35 pm

LOL.. I didn’t.. but I wish I thought of that 🙂

4. yinka

October 11, 2013 at 10:43 am

Could that be Kokomaster’s ring on Genny’s finger?. I feel so ashamed in behalf of D’banj. menhhn..a whole kokomaster should not be ranting over a woman like this. It is not part of the brand image. Nah! This is almost humiliating especially when the lady in question has’nt acknowledged the relationship for once..

• Ijeoma

October 11, 2013 at 10:55 am

Relax. You make it hard for a man to express his feelings. If he feels that way, allow him to say it! Men should be allowed to drool publicly over women they truly love and admire. We don’t want chauvinists and stuck-up rap-inspired males…so Dbanj should go on and flaunt what he feels.

• dinky

October 11, 2013 at 11:39 am

<————————- shallow minded person be like

• Ib

October 11, 2013 at 9:02 pm

….and I am ashamed of you. Have a million seats in shallow kingdom .

5. Vee

October 11, 2013 at 10:48 am

Phyno is actually a good-looking lad, just noticed 🙂

6. Zelda

October 11, 2013 at 10:48 am

@ Trufactoid ,Y call him an idiot? c beef o,if he is an idiot wt does dat mke u

• trufactoid

October 11, 2013 at 11:05 am

Because what he is doing is idiotic. Use your head and know when celerities are stringing you along. If Dbanj was being truthful, he would have been down the aisle already. All this one is to grow his female base.

• dinky

October 11, 2013 at 11:44 am

^
      he would have been down the aisle already? Last I checked, it takes 2 to tango…. Mayb you should get him a towing machine to tow Genny down the Aisle.

7. debs

October 11, 2013 at 10:51 am

Personally I don’t think it wld work btw them not with Dbanj’s somewhat erratic behaviour. Gen over the years has grown over the years to be a classy women & built a brand. She deserves an absolute gentleman pls.

• Vee

October 11, 2013 at 11:00 am

If they truly love each other. What does it matter?

• Me

October 11, 2013 at 11:05 am

I concour

8. Wengeruu

October 11, 2013 at 10:53 am

She admitted on teju babyface show

9. debs

October 11, 2013 at 11:01 am

Personally I don’t think it wld work btw them not with Dbanj’s somewhat erratic behaviour. Gen over the years has grown to be a classy woman & built a brand. She deserves an absolute gentleman pls.

10. mandhip

October 11, 2013 at 11:10 am

WHO IS THIS FOOL?

11. Mama Mia!!!

October 11, 2013 at 11:18 am

In as much as I love a man who can tell the world he loves his woman… Dban’j just always seems unserious. I agree with you Debs, it’s most likely not to work even though they both seem perfect for each other in looks and personality. Genevive needs an older more mature man kind of like a jay and bey thing… Kai! but the way we analyse people’s lives ehn, baffles me.laughing at myself…

12. Ecneica

October 11, 2013 at 11:25 am

Dbanj is really in luv with genny but I guess he is yet to take a much more bolder step ,chidima pls ur shirt isn’t doin ur frame any justice

13. Wendy

October 11, 2013 at 11:30 am

This one will not be easy. Gen is the Nollywood queen and Dbanj the kokomaster. Besides Gen never admitted to an earlier relationship rumour from Dbanj and said she is enjoying life and career at the moment. Let us watch and see.

14. damsel

October 11, 2013 at 11:30 am

awwwwww. how sweet of u Bangalee of life!!!!!!! They will be our own version of Beyonce and Jay Zee. looking forward to this wedding oh. Send an invite to all ur haters. Hmmmmmmmmm.

15. Esslims

October 11, 2013 at 11:31 am

I so much love this piece, D’BANJ AND GEN, awww, my fav pair!

16. Ken

October 11, 2013 at 11:36 am

Dbanj and this Genevieve publicity. I think that contract expired after the first deal. U need to pay for this one oh publicity no be free.

17. elleven45

October 11, 2013 at 11:39 am

I’d preferred Genevieve and me 🙁

Meanwhile we’re back on elleven45.blogspot.com

18. uju

October 11, 2013 at 11:45 am

Dbanj would love to marry Genevieve, M.I would love to marry Aagbani darego. Abeg make una join the que. Abi who no like better thing.

19. Idak

October 11, 2013 at 12:17 pm

*yawn*

20. Bonnie

October 11, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Well… Let’s see how it goes for the both of them.
    Check this out > bit.ly/pr5WMz

21. Diseye

October 11, 2013 at 12:43 pm

What I wouldn’t give for a D’Banj and Gennie hook-up! They’d be good together I can tell…..I can imagine, dress, the tux, the cake, the aso ebi, the hot bobos and the paprazzi. Chei Gennie gree na. They would be the proper ‘poster couple of true love’ men!

22. Serendipity

October 11, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Gbamest! Moved on ke? They never dated… And thats a fact. It was just a speculation from the fall in love vid thAt dbanj took and capitalized on, but if u know Genny personally u’ll know that the story was so untrue. Besides, he is so not her type.

• CarliforniaBawlar

October 11, 2013 at 7:27 pm

But she sef admit am….oversabi na big problem!!

• sis eko

October 11, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I guess you know her personally then abi????

23. darkchildlovethyhair.blogspot.com

October 11, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Let’s wait and see

darkchildlovethyhair.blogspot.com/2013/10/grow-your-hair-fast-inversion-method.html?m=1″ rel=”nofollow”>Get longer hair in 7 days

24. Amh

October 11, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Dbanj does not need an ashi babe theta been all over the place with old married men. He will be stupid to go low to marry genny has been that’s a big time. Runs girl. I trust his mum she will not accept her. He’s a hard working young man he doesn’t need a pretiensious ibo ashi babe.

• Lazy

October 12, 2013 at 5:27 am

The ‘ibo’ in the end went on to prove your issues run deep. Nothing to do with miss Nnaji. ALL YOU.

• Tickled

October 17, 2013 at 9:48 pm

You have the I.Q. of a carrot.

25. Amh

October 11, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Diseye why don’t u imagine genny and your dad I presume he’s rich.

26. NNENNE

October 11, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Am sorry but some of the bloggers here are little minded. D, banj is promoting his career . What do you want him say? His relationship with Genny was a promotion too.
    Wish him luck in everything.
    All the hustlers will not go empty
    handed.Amen?

27. Yep i said it, bite me

October 11, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I dont think dis is a publicity stunt, he is way above that. Maybe he truly cares and wants Genny. We shdnt get our hopes up though…

28. NG

October 11, 2013 at 1:14 pm

How far can a man go to try and use others? It was clear to all that Genevieve thought there was something between them- check her response on Teju Babyface show. D’banj is obviously insincere and like Tuface, wants to ride the single man wave for as long as possible for his music sake. Genevieve would be a fool to expect anything to come out of the relationship. She is not that young to wait like the Macaulay lady did for Tuface. Her status should also not permit her to do that i.e. cheapen herself by just hanging on waiting for him, although it seems ladies have so brought themselves so low these days that it appears the only way to get hitched.

29. Omo1

October 11, 2013 at 1:17 pm

D’Banj needs someone like Genny to tame him 😀

• CarliforniaBawlar

October 11, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Yup….but I don’t think she gat time for that!! lols.
      If they ever do end up together, e go tey small. Dbanj needs to get all the rockstar lifestyle out of his system (which I he does in due season sha). Then they can both decide to let go of each other’s pasts and live happily ever after. (if wishes were horses)

30. Madumere Chidiadi

October 11, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Okay I feel like drinking poison. Whatever happened to me and Dbanj….sobs. I’m very heartbroken. Lol.

• Ginika

October 22, 2013 at 5:52 pm

ehem…*clears-throat*…say what?!

31. Gistyinka Blog

October 11, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Hmmmm Eja Nla

32. kiki

October 11, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Wassup wif chidinma n ha dress sense! Pls get a stylist. Biko

33. bella

October 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm

chidinma ur sense f style s soooo nt ryt….n seyi shay,dat shoe ia a no nooooo

34. damsel

October 11, 2013 at 2:12 pm

taking a second look at Chidinma and Bangerlee, it looks like an elder brother taking a quick pose with dia last born before they send her off to a boarding school (Command Secondary School back then when u have to cut ur hair from JSS1-3). abeg babes help ur ministry n grow the hair back before wat happened to Aki n Paw Paw happen to u… (remember they sent them off to the children church in Ay live show)

35. CC

October 11, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Chidinma should stick to her trad wear cos this gym track/nightie get as e be

36. Modella

October 11, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Queen Genny cannot be married to a guy who still wear Dog chain! Mba,we no gree

• Ib

October 11, 2013 at 9:04 pm

LOL…

37. nene

October 11, 2013 at 4:38 pm

seyi shay looks dirty always. as for dbanj and genevieve they definitely share more in common that we know *lips sealed*

38. Aderonke

October 11, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Awwww Dbanj so touching…we miss u and Don Jazzy too. I am one person that I am seriously hoping and praying Dbanj will marry Genny, cant say why but one can never tell cos some dreams do come true. Love them both!

39. ay

October 11, 2013 at 5:11 pm

@ serendipity how are you sure they never dated? I doubt you know genny personally

40. olabeemaselfbad

October 11, 2013 at 5:52 pm

If wishes were true beggars would read. However lmpossibility is an act of not fighting enough. My brother you are not just ready for relationship .

41. olabeemaselfbad

October 11, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Ok no curse yet oo I meant ride. I hate wen I don’t proofread * shrinks*

42. carphy

October 11, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I wish they can get married already….they look so cute nd perfect together! nd I can feel dbanj’s sincerity from here. …I wish dm all d best. my fav musician nd actress

43. itsjustme

October 11, 2013 at 6:40 pm

so you can mistreat her?! kmt please go and save a hoe instead

44. 'Mide

October 11, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Dbanj na small boy . Na someone like Femi Fani Kayode Genny need. I hear say the man carry power for im boxers. Lol

• Lawlah

October 12, 2013 at 6:46 am

Hmmm… power where? Why FFK, of all men? Is FFK single? I am afraid you know more.

45. CarliforniaBawlar

October 11, 2013 at 7:43 pm

My fellow country people, abeg what is strong with Sheyishay??….she gat it but then she don’t gat it….kilodem, satan kilodem??

46. D

October 11, 2013 at 7:44 pm

d’banj should please have several seats, kmt!

47. 'Mide

October 11, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Seyi Shay ti kre . Chidinma still has several years of shelf life left..plenti sef

48. chinedu arinze

October 11, 2013 at 9:22 pm

May God in his infinite mercy make possible for them together,I love dem 2eghther

49. ahmed

October 11, 2013 at 10:48 pm

i think i like d two great couple bangalee and Gennylee they wil serve our nigerian jazzy and beyonce..nice thought 4rm u dbanj

50. http://africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/

October 12, 2013 at 1:06 am

Why can’t he tell her this instead.

africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/

51. Gloxy

October 12, 2013 at 10:58 am

All is about determination. If they said that they’re perfect for each other who are you judge them. As an optimist, I congratulate them in advance.

52. kokochico

October 16, 2013 at 10:44 am

These two are perfect for each other….I wish they hurry
    up and get married!

53. Zizzi Lucci

October 20, 2013 at 6:49 am

They look good together.

54. D unit

October 24, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Dbanj u are tu much i luv ur latest track. Finally

55. D unit

October 24, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Dbanj if u luv genneviev then marry he

56. marian chigwedere

October 30, 2013 at 10:40 am

Genny probably needs a man between 40-45 best age for her to marry

57. zain-T

December 19, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Sweet expectation, their personalities blend well. Only DAT both if them are too cautious.
    Bangalee shld go for his ” Treasure” n u won’t regret it. I’ll be happy for d union!!!

58. OSI

December 23, 2013 at 2:21 am

abeg dbanj should come and marry me, i can handle him dan genny. lol

59. Richard

May 27, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Wow,am nt surprise at d koko master,cos ma sis Genny fit him best. Wishin u guy success