News

New It Bag! Rita Dominic & Yvonne Nelson rock $3,550 Louis Vuitton Leather Bag

BellaNaija.com

Rita Dominic & Yvonne Nelson - September 2013 - BellaNaija

Hello BellaNaija Style watchers, it’s time for a quick update on what your favourite stars are loving.

Recently, we’ve spotted Genevieve Nnaji and Ini Edo rocking Chanel’s Spring 2013 Lego clutch, now there’s a new tote trending for the stars.

Our Glam cam spotted Ghanaian actress Yvonne Nelson having a fun day in New York on Tuesday 1st October 2013.

The House of Gold movie star wore an army green tank top, cream shorts and flip flops. She completed her look with a glossy purple Louis Vuitton “Melrose Avenue” bag.

Today – just a day apart – Nollywood superstar Rita Dominic was also spotted with the same bag at an airport. Rita wore the bag with a spaghetti strap grey dress, a black cashmere bolero, dark shades and red sneakers.

Louis Vuitton Melrose Avenue Bag

Louis Vuitton Melrose Avenue Bag

Love the bag? It will set you back $3,550. It retails on Louis Vuitton’s official website – Click here to shop

Photo Credit: instagram.com/ritadominic | instagram.com/yvonnenelsongh | Louis Vuitton

1. dlapikin

October 2, 2013 at 8:19 pm

I”d rather pay for this one than that chanel lego

2. Talk

October 2, 2013 at 8:26 pm

See the way Rita just ruined the bag. Which look is she trying to go for? I understand casual chic but those red trainers……..

3. Idak

October 2, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Oga Fashola, i hope the taxes of these fashionistas (the Nigerians amongst them) are in order?

• nonye

October 3, 2013 at 10:06 am

yes o!!!!! Instead of focusing solely on the 9-5’ers

4. Gistyinka Blog

October 2, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I love they way Rita pose her own

5. Syl

October 2, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Nice bag but BN what is actually the essence of this post?

• chichi

October 2, 2013 at 10:46 pm

To show you the new “it” bag and for you to go get yours

• Bella

October 3, 2013 at 11:27 am

kwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. idon die finish

• iba

October 3, 2013 at 10:52 pm

hehehehehehehheheheheheheehehheeh

by the way bella naija and guys, how is one sure this is the main thing and not an imitation from China or Dubai /no disrespect guys/ just saying?
      Now everyone snapping with that lego bag lol. I can bet you soon Aba style will soon be out. Christmas dey come sef…

• Naughty boy

October 2, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Same here! Am like how does it affect the price of petrol and the boko haram massacre….

The comments are just disappointing

• Iris

October 3, 2013 at 1:45 am

To get comments – supporting the post or decrying the post, it mattereth not. More comments, more hits, more advertising, more money.

6. B.I.T.C.H. babe in total control of herself

October 2, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Its a copy! no way they can afford that bag.

• Chic

October 2, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Because you know what’s in their accounts abi? Please $3ooo is chicken change for these girls here are a few /_/_/_/_/_/_/_ for you!

7. shine

October 2, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Money, money, money ….singing in *Abba’s voice*……Choi…!!!!

8. fravian

October 2, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Yvonne Nelson anitime, aniday, u’re alwais luking lovely. 9ce bag.

• Anon

October 2, 2013 at 10:28 pm

It’s sad that you cannot spell ordinary words.

• iamme

October 3, 2013 at 12:51 am

My sentiments exactly, Anon. So Fravian, you just decided to ditch your y(s) for i(s). Sad…

• i cannae remember my name

October 3, 2013 at 9:02 am

Truly sad…

9. Trendysturvs Blog

October 2, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Rita outfit??

10. Banana

October 2, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I really want to give Yvonne Nelson somtin

11. Onyeka

October 2, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Nawaooo these people are bailing o! 3,000 gini for handbag. Choi! That’s my 2 months mortgage for my flat. O di egwu o! Umy nwanyi ibem. . .nothing do una. Carry go! Lovely bag

12. Onyeka

October 2, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Meant Umu nwanyi ibem not umy

13. #Naijapose.com

October 2, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Big Chicks, Balling Big.

14. Rio

October 2, 2013 at 9:38 pm

knock off grade 1

15. OXTONY

October 2, 2013 at 9:49 pm

u will buy this buy 4 this amount n u go act for like 200 to $500 . u force

16. nene

October 2, 2013 at 9:54 pm

rita dominic looks ridiculous. mid life crisis?
    lol

17. Chic

October 2, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Women can hate sha! Because you cannot afford to buy this bag or any other designer one please don’t go screaming knock off/copy all over the place. Its their money let them enjoy it as it fits them if they want to buy $100,000 bag na their business is it not their money. Stop hating and work towards buying your own $1000 wait let me make that $500 bag! So when they build multi million naira houses you will also call the houses knock offs because you think they cannot afford $3000 bags mschewww

• Baker Street

October 3, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Tell them oh. Rita and d rest can afford these bags.

18. Nonhle Thulo

October 2, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Nigerian Blogs whats up/ Dont you have anything interesting to talk about but constantly posting and showing off peoples materialistic bullshyt. Like seriously. Is that what defines you, what you wear and what you drive. Thats so sad.

19. Zlatana Wikowksa

October 2, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I really do not understand humans and especially women!
    What is a knock off?
    People have different pockets and their deepness varies.
    Just because you cannot afford a real designer bag then you think everyone carries a knock off.
    Men give women gifts of bags all the frigging time and they cannot give a fake bag when you are with them in the store.
    I think people should start pasting receipts of purchase along with the bags to shut haters up!

• Chic

October 2, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Thank you! I would be really pissed off to have someone
      call a bag that I worked hard for and probably saved up for a
      “knock off”. My friend got a very expensive designer bag as a
      birthday gift from her boyfriend and she went with him to
      Selfridges to pick which one she liked and he paid for it and then
      imagine someone coming to refer to her bag as a knock off because
      they think she cannot afford a designer bag. Women we really are
      our worst enemies.

• AA

October 3, 2013 at 2:23 pm

ermmm…but your friend could not afford the bag
      though…her boyfriend paid for it…just saying…

• Ms sexy

October 3, 2013 at 6:33 am

Zlatana people buy the real LV and I’m not disputing that, even d crazy portmanteau channel Genny carried d last time, we believe some may have d real while I have a lady who sells d knock offs for 7500 n balogun on my bb, have u sn Yvonne Nelson’s store in Accra? She has over 50 designs of Lv bags stacked on an iron table like Macy’s do to cheap bags going on clearance? That’s bull crap! D good thing about LV s once u open d bag u detect d fake instantly wt d red fabric inside, enjoy ur bags ladies whether knock offs or real, na ur money u stl take buy am!

20. chic la bebe

October 2, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Mcheew, smh. I am here looking for 50k to travel.

• Ms sexy

October 3, 2013 at 6:36 am

God wl provide chic, and it will soon be ur time to shine! Dem no dey mark late comer for wealth, urs wl sure locate u!

21. nahmeoh

October 2, 2013 at 11:38 pm

i hope they’re saving their money for when they become
    irrelevant. i don’t understand this lavish spending o.

• wharever

October 3, 2013 at 12:27 am

Don’t worry, its all smoke and mirrors

22. Funtizzy

October 2, 2013 at 11:44 pm

The bag is okay, if it was bigger

23. Geebabe

October 2, 2013 at 11:58 pm

This makes more sense than that Chanel plastic box.

24. wharever

October 3, 2013 at 12:12 am

i can get you this bag for $100

25. http://africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/

October 3, 2013 at 1:32 am

It looks so good on it’s own without the ‘stars’ carrying it.

26. Bliss

October 3, 2013 at 3:24 am

What is Rita wearing biko. I think mama gee would have pulled [email protected] off better. It has her flava. Btw I’m not sure what Mama Gee is per say. I presume its a fictional slapstick character known to be a little razzcentric.

27. mirabel said

October 3, 2013 at 5:11 am

i give up on all this haters hating, seriously dats why Wizkid and the likes keep referring to u all as broke ass..seriously if u cant afford it y not allow those who can to and do it peacefully ..shuuu ive just about had enough arrgg .

28. Ms sexy

October 3, 2013 at 6:21 am

But we all now Yvonne Nelson stocks knock offs of designers bags and shoes in her store in Accra
    So I’m not thrilled
    Maybe RIRI has d real McCoy o, na dem sabi but Yvonne Naaaa she can’t convince me!

29. www.rootwoo.com

October 3, 2013 at 6:36 am

Are they trying to copy each other?

30. Wale

October 3, 2013 at 7:29 am

I think Rita looks just fine…she is obviously traveling and for long flights you want to be very comfortable. That bag goes well for traveling – it is chic, compact and makes a statement. The shoes are easy to remove and they look warm and comfortable. I wear similar outfits especially for atl to lagos flights.

31. lee

October 3, 2013 at 8:24 am

but wait o… thats just abt 450k…. whats d big deal dere dat peeps r screaming they cant afford??? seriously, are we that poor that we think that we or someone else cannot afford a bag worth about 500k? am baffled … these ladies work hard for their money, a lil bit of lavish spending is neccessary once in a yl… abi are dey working for u or the govt or to come n help repair the roads? … its not like all d bags they carry are that expensive, so, kini big deal?
    all ya shouting “its a knock off”, “its fake” betta get ur thinkings straight ur mentality is so poor…

• Baker Street

October 3, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Tell them oh. Rita and d rest can afford these bags. Poor man’s mentality. I don’t see anything as too big bcos i know that all things are possible.

32. ILoveGenevieve

October 3, 2013 at 8:35 am

Rita looks unflattering. Hope she’s on a movie set.

33. Ms Julie

October 3, 2013 at 8:36 am

is that all the bag?……or it still remains……

34. Zelda

October 3, 2013 at 8:51 am

d bag is nt fine, to me o

35. Tayo

October 3, 2013 at 9:13 am

Rita’s outfit is a No No for me

36. nonye

October 3, 2013 at 10:09 am

i dont care if its real or fake and I’m pretty indifferent as to who carries it… All I know is that they should pay tax!!!!

• jcsgrl

October 3, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Lol @ nonye and Idak at paying taxes. Go catch them naa

37. amarachi

October 3, 2013 at 10:24 am

ok oooooooo

38. Stace

October 3, 2013 at 10:56 am

Hahahahahahahahahah @ nonye… They might be paying tax, besides i hear celebrities get free stuff. So the bag could be a gift. Don’t know bout Naija celebrities though

39. Onye

October 3, 2013 at 11:40 am

This bag is old. BellaNaija please be more current! Louis Vuitton has had this bag in their store for years.

40. Anonymous

October 3, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Thank you oh Onye, kept on looking at the bag, like really. I believe I’ve seen this bag since like 2009? SMH

41. Posh

October 3, 2013 at 2:46 pm

This bag has been out since 4 or 5 yrs ago so what’s the big news about it

• eesha

October 3, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I tire o! Because i dont know why it became “it bag” in 2013.

• i no send

October 3, 2013 at 8:18 pm

yes u knw it posh its 4 yrs old

42. mary

October 3, 2013 at 3:19 pm

YN has had that bag for a long time, i have seen her with the same bag in one of her pictures, she carries a lot of brands, i don’t think it is right to sit down and tag what people have “fake or knock-off” when you don’t know the source of their income or how long they saved to get that particular bag. women are materialistic in nature, most of them will not sleep until they buy that particular thing. i myself can save a certain percentage of my salary for six months just to get a designer stuff, no matter what it costs, its my money and i work hard for it. i am not a celebrity but i am in love with some designer stuffs. whether fake/knock off or real, go for what you can afford but do not always assume that someone else has the fake when you were not there when she paid for it.

43. jcsgrl

October 3, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Me I like the bag shaa…being eyeing the knock off version for $200. Sorry I cannot fathom $3k on a bag that will go out of fashion and cannot appreciate. I can’t but to each its own.
    So the knock off is aiight with me

44. hannah

October 3, 2013 at 4:15 pm

whats are these girls wearing . mehn fashion police arrest them. as for the bags hmmmm i rest my comment. don’t forget we have the fake ooooooo in London and US oooo!

45. Xtsy

October 3, 2013 at 8:28 pm

All I c is d green p

46. Felicia

October 3, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Bella naija please get your facts right, I thought this was
    a classy blog…I got that bag in 2010 in the UK for £1460, which
    is roughly $2500. That is a melrose avenue and it doesn’t cost up
    to $3000. Habba you guys should know better now.

47. Omo

October 3, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Lol… bellanaija na wah! Thank you @ Onye & Felicia for your comment, was thinking exactly the same thing. I don’t understand how its the “it bag” to BN when this bag has bn in the market for yrs. I wanted to buy this bag 3 yrs ago, something else came up of which I ended up spending the cash I allocated for it… my girlfriend bought this bag 3 yrs back. So this bag is not new in the market and depending on where u buying frm its not $3,500. Its actually cheaper in paris than in the states! Check their sites N see for urself

48. Huraira

October 4, 2013 at 11:43 am

I i’ll go with my sister rita ( D nigerian girl look cute )

49. Mbonyiwe

October 4, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Bellanaija what is this obsession you have with these celebrities’ designer handbags. Show us their homes then we shall be the best judges on whether their handbag/clothes styles matches with that of their cribs.

50. Nancy joseph

October 5, 2013 at 5:59 am

Go to aliexpress and I quarantee you will get a grade 5A’s of this bag for at least $250.00

51. Deee

October 6, 2013 at 12:06 pm

See people openly talking about buying fakes, hope you know that is a crime! Later they will be forming born again after , it is illegal to sell or buy a copy of someone’s design.

52. faith

October 9, 2013 at 9:32 am

Abeg Abeg Abeg Bella Naija this bag is not new na i got mine way back in 2010 for 30,000 although its not a very common bag o but its not new maybe Rita jsut got her own.

53. gee

October 11, 2013 at 12:41 pm

so you guys are goin to keep arguing over authentic or knock off and not notice that yvonne’s flip flops were called loafers? bn which way na?you guys shud get capable editors abeg

54. Dinah lukudu

October 16, 2013 at 9:32 pm

I like your movie Rita

55. pesh

October 17, 2013 at 11:40 pm

pls wr r my igbo brothers? i wnt d imitation jor.
    lol