Music

Beyoncé Talks Chimamanda Adichie In Part 2 of “Self-Titled” Mini Documentary

BellaNaija.com

Beyonce & Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - December 2013 - BellaNaija

Queen Bey featured author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on a track titled “***Flawless” in her 5th solo album, self-titled Beyoncé. Did you miss the scoop? Click Here To Read!

From 1:49 in the second part of her mini-documentary explaining the album, Beyoncé talks finding Chimamanda’s TED talk speech on YouTube titled, “We Should All Be Feminists”. Mrs. Carter says, “Everything she says is exactly how I feel.”

We can’t wait for Chimamanda’s take – we’re sure the feeling of admiration is mutual.

chimamanda adichie bellanaija beyonce flawless album

Watch Part 2 of Bey’s mini-documentary titled, “Imperfection” here –

By the way, Beyoncé, the artiste’s self-titled album has gone platinum worldwide with no physical copies available anywhere.

What do we have to say to that? Bow Down!

***

Want the latest music news? Follow @bellanaijamusic on Twitter!

1. madman

December 19, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Beyonce hardly writes her own songs. Shouldn’t the writer of her songs be the feminist and not her? Ok, she pays feminists to write songs for her hence, that makes her a feminist. I’m not sure what the fuss is all about.

• Bahama Mama

December 19, 2013 at 6:51 pm

maybe u should check her song credits. she has a hand in
      the writing or producing of most of her songs

• Blossom

December 20, 2013 at 11:05 am

Yeah. She changes one word and gives herself songwriter credits. Read-up Beyonce’s “smash into you” vs Jon McLaughlin’s “smack into you”.

Love her but the woman is vicious.

• Dupsy

December 20, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Beyonce claimed writing credit for Silent Night ……..How is that even possible when the song had been in existence way before she was born . Beyonce writes nothing original , abeg call it for what it is , she can barely string a sentence together and yet you believe she writes her song hahahahahahaha .

• Iris

December 20, 2013 at 4:09 pm

LOL! I had to google the Silent Night thing. I didn’t see it on any official sites; I only saw it on a few blogs, so I’m going to withhold judgement. I hope it is not true though.

• MissT

December 20, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Lol , i remember the silent night sage , Oprah asked her in an interview that how/why did she put her name as credit for that and she just smiled and couldnt answer. If i find the interview on Youtube i will post .

if you check the wiki for 8 Days of Christmas , that the album name, Beyonce has changed the writer credit on wiki because of the outrage , but if you check the CD that was sold , Beyonce put her name as the sole writer for Silent Night , yet the author died in 1863 . Also remember If i were a boy , Beyonce name was initially put as the sole writer until the BC jean cried out and sued . It was then settled and BC jean name changed to be the writer. Beyonce has stolen many writer credit , now it is harder because of public usage of the internet and social media .

• nyjamaika

December 21, 2013 at 11:40 pm

She’s a GROWN WOMAN she can do whatever she want!!!! Big up Beyonce for bringing the motherland to America!!!

2. Bahama Mama

December 19, 2013 at 6:52 pm

anyways congrats to Chimamanda. this world wide love for
    her is well deserved.

3. Thelma

December 19, 2013 at 7:35 pm

The beyonce I know of writes most of her songs, at least she used to. And even if she doesn’t what the song writer writes reflects how she feels so… Anyways I really love Chimamanda’s speech.

thelmathinks.blogspot.com

4. olori Tari

December 19, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Love this video. I can so relate. At the end of the day, you gotta LIVE YOUR LIFE !

5. Leah

December 19, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I am happy for Chimamanda, at least she got the credit and got paid. Beyonce usaully just steals people’s work. And no, Beyonce does NOT write her songs. Song writers are the ones that get the royalties, so artists demand to have their names on the credits to get some of that money from the songs they made popular. But the actual writing that involes paper and a pen, Beyonce does not write

• lupta

December 19, 2013 at 9:26 pm

if memory services me right Beyonce was the first female to win ASCAP Songwriter of the year. so yes i’m sure she does write.

i’m soo proud of Chimamanda.

• Kolapo

December 20, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Take a quick trip to google and see how many lawsuits Beyonce has settled from stealling song writer credit . A lot actually , she doesnt write, more like steals

6. Miss Know know

December 19, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Gbam! @Leah…. U r The Truth. Very well said.

7. jen

December 19, 2013 at 10:32 pm

I think I am inlove with this video. So so sweet. Congrates chi

8. Cutiepie

December 19, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Get your facts right. Beyonce, writes some of her songs . Especially in destiny’s child era. She was even got the award from american song writer’s association in 2001, and she was the first black american woman to do soo. If it has been confirmed that she has never written her own songs, the award would have been recalled. I am not a beyonce fan, but people always want to hate her for no reason and discredit everything she does like she cares anyway.

• Nessa

December 20, 2013 at 2:14 am

I think those songs from DC days, she was discredited and was sued for every one of them but Bootilicious. She is a great performer, no question but if you hear her speak you can tell she might not be able to put words together on her own. No one ever doubts Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Gaga, Adele and even Taylor Swift song writing abilities, but Beyonce’s has always been disputed. Look she is great, and I am just giving my opinion so no stans should come for me please. Love Miss Adichie.

• energybill

December 20, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I heard her speak in a couple of interviews and I thought
      why is she coming across as dumb. Oh well I thought she’s not dumb,
      mabe it’s just the interviewer or something. Then I saw her on The
      Andrew Marr Show with with Salma Hayek and Frieda Giannini talking
      about some charity project they are involved in
      (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqqosWPwJkU). Heck you need to
      watch the interview yourself. She was just nodding and the time she
      spoke she didn’t make much sense. I mean you claim to be passionate
      about something yet you can’t articulate it? Even illiterate market
      women are more articulate than that when talking about things they
      are passionate about. To give credit where credit is due she is a
      great performer but a feminist or singer songwriter? Dunno about
      that. Even Margaret Thatcher had more feminist bone in her little
      finger than she cared to declare. There’s a reason Kate Moss dont
      give interviews (and she is still a sought after model). Me thinks
      Queen Bey should do the same, it won’t hurt her brand.

9. eniola brody Jenner!

December 19, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Yeah leah she doesn’t cos you are always there, dt’s how u know right? She did a good job end of Story! Who will remember a writer if the song was crap?

10. inky

December 19, 2013 at 11:28 pm

@Madman anyone can be a feminist, it does not have anything to do with writing your own songs or being talented to write songs. A feminist is someone who advocates for social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men.

11. styloholic

December 20, 2013 at 8:09 am

@madman…seriously shaking my head for u…an olodosious fellow like you critiquing Bey

12. Modella

December 20, 2013 at 10:14 am

We love our Chimamanda with or without Bey,why the jubilation like she is a mini god? I personally feel Beyounce has a lucky chi’..even with a not so good song,she is been hype,may be I’m not seeing well..I like her performance but her songs? Not so sure..Give me the likes of Brandy all day long,her songs never fade,but is she really been given that hype????

13. Girl Bye!

December 20, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I remember a few years back a study was conducted on music listeners and levels of intelligence; Beyonce fans proved to be least intelligent! As somebofy who enjoys her music I found it quite offensive, however upon reading all the ignorance “stans” spew on a daily basis and the way they are quick to attack anybody that doesn’t worship Beyonce or anyone calls her out on things; I realise that the study may have been an accurate depiction of the majority of Beyonce fans.

She is beautiful and undoubtedly a talented entertainer. But she does not write the majority of her songs. Fact. In case you didn’t know; you can add an adlib on a song or even 2 words and you will still receive songwriting credits. A prime example of this is Rihanna we all know she doesn’t write her songs but she still gets song writing credits because she adds a “Eh Eh” or “Bad gyal” or whatever nonsense adlib she has to say & voila she is credited. I know some of you that worship at the altar of Beyonce don’t want to hear this but no she does write her songs; she adds words and phrases here and there to make them her own and gets credited alongside the actual writers that put in work. I mean Blue Ivy got credited in her new album because Blue Ivy spoke and her words were her own do you think Blue Ivy spent hours penning lyrics in the studio????

Ladies we have to think sometimes and not be so blinded by celebs that we can’t see something staring us in the face.

Whoever mentioned her DC lyrics in 2001 is comedian, go onto a lyrics website and read the type of lyrics Beyonce used to pen. When you see her nonsense in black and white without a catchy melody and great production you will understand what some people are saying on here and why.

I could go on but I think this is enough for today’s epistle.

Have a wonderful weekend all x

14. Oma

December 20, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I swear most women will just die of unnecessary hatred….she doesnt write…so bloody what….if the song flops will you remember the songwriter or the performer (Beyonce). This woman just gets hatred and shades from people who really don’t have any reason to…They will never recognize her Talent or Hardwork….. but will always scream ILLUMINATI……GADDEMIT… Like she said in her Interview she wrote BOW DOWN for the haters…in her words “you don’t have to like the song….when you listen to it…if it applies….then my purpose is served” this article was to encourage us as women and also cheer our very own CHIMAMANDA but as usual focus is on ” this woman cannot write her own songs….you like brandy, braxton, minaj,tina turner,etc….it’s your choice….don’t put her down because of it….She deserves all the Credit she’s getting.

15. Koffie

December 21, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Oma , its funny how you were the first to mention illuminati here and in shouty capitals too.

16. nyjamaika

December 21, 2013 at 11:43 pm

I love the whole cd/dvd and Beyonce did her thing!! Ladies she’s a GROWN WOMAN!!

17. Karo

December 22, 2013 at 6:18 am

I’m happy for your world wide recognition Chimma, God bless. As for Beyonce, I used to love her but now, ….. long things. Any thing she does is her headache not mine